Take a good look at this... (IBM-badged 486 "Overdrive" on complex...)

Earlier today I purchased this:

http://www.kephis.com/kephis/486up.jpg

I've never seen one before. When it comes in, I'll have to see what stepping
this CPU reports. This could be interesting. It even has an FRU number.
(Calling David Beem!)

I also found and purchased a complex with a 487 onboard...I know the 487
actually exists...but this will be the first one I've ever seen. Expect a
stepping report with this as well...

http://www.kephis.com/kephis/487sx.jpg

William

0
William

William,

Looks like that complex comes from the same seller as this video card

http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Microchannel-NCR-WD-9510MC-Video-Paradise_W0QQitemZ8715940770QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never seen one like this before. Anyone got any ideas?

Just noticed 'ps2cheese' has put a bid in, so I guess it must be of some
interest/rarity.

Graeme.

"William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote in
message news:Y7y9f.499383$x96.237397@attbi_s72...
> Earlier today I purchased this:
>
> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/486up.jpg
>
> I've never seen one before. When it comes in, I'll have to see what
> stepping
> this CPU reports. This could be interesting. It even has an FRU number.
> (Calling David Beem!)
>
> I also found and purchased a complex with a 487 onboard...I know the 487
> actually exists...but this will be the first one I've ever seen. Expect a
> stepping report with this as well...
>
> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/487sx.jpg
>
> William

0
Graeme
11/1/2005 5:31:46 PM
The electric eye scanned that days ago. NCR.

Graeme Roberts wrote:
> William,
>
> Looks like that complex comes from the same seller as this video card
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Microchannel-NCR-WD-9510MC-Video-Paradise_W0QQitemZ8715940770QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Never seen one like this before. Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Just noticed 'ps2cheese' has put a bid in, so I guess it must be of some
> interest/rarity.
>
> Graeme.
>
> "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote in
> message news:Y7y9f.499383$x96.237397@attbi_s72...
>> Earlier today I purchased this:
>>
>> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/486up.jpg
>>
>> I've never seen one before. When it comes in, I'll have to see what
>> stepping
>> this CPU reports. This could be interesting. It even has an FRU number.
>> (Calling David Beem!)
>>
>> I also found and purchased a complex with a 487 onboard...I know the 487
>> actually exists...but this will be the first one I've ever seen. Expect a
>> stepping report with this as well...
>>
>> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/487sx.jpg
>>
>> William

0
Louis
11/1/2005 5:43:46 PM
Here is another Video Card that I never found an ADF for (8044) Came out
of an NCR System and has the back plastic like NCR used. and It was
working (in Dos Mode) did not have Windows or anything eles in it.

Louis Ohland wrote:
> The electric eye scanned that days ago. NCR.
>
> Graeme Roberts wrote:
>> William,
>>
>> Looks like that complex comes from the same seller as this video card
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Microchannel-NCR-WD-9510MC-Video-Paradise_W0QQitemZ8715940770QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>

>> Never seen one like this before. Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>> Just noticed 'ps2cheese' has put a bid in, so I guess it must be of
>> some interest/rarity.
>>
>> Graeme.
>>
>> "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote
>> in message news:Y7y9f.499383$x96.237397@attbi_s72...
>>> Earlier today I purchased this:
>>>
>>> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/486up.jpg
>>>
>>> I've never seen one before. When it comes in, I'll have to see what
>>> stepping
>>> this CPU reports. This could be interesting. It even has an FRU number.
>>> (Calling David Beem!)
>>>
>>> I also found and purchased a complex with a 487 onboard...I know the 487
>>> actually exists...but this will be the first one I've ever seen.
>>> Expect a
>>> stepping report with this as well...
>>>
>>> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/487sx.jpg
>>>
>>> William

0
Louis
11/1/2005 5:45:05 PM
Louis,

So do you know the capabilities of this Paradise/WD chipset? Brooktree
RAMDAC looks like it could produce some reasonable resolutions/refreshes
too.

Graeme.

"Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message
> Here is another Video Card that I never found an ADF for (8044) Came out
> of an NCR System and has the back plastic like NCR used. and It was
> working (in Dos Mode) did not have Windows or anything eles in it.
>
> Louis Ohland wrote:
>> The electric eye scanned that days ago. NCR.
>>
>> Graeme Roberts wrote:
>>> William,
>>>
>>> Looks like that complex comes from the same seller as this video card
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Microchannel-NCR-WD-9510MC-Video-Paradise_W0QQitemZ8715940770QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>>
>>> Never seen one like this before. Anyone got any ideas?
>>>
>>> Just noticed 'ps2cheese' has put a bid in, so I guess it must be of some
>>> interest/rarity.
>>>
>>> Graeme.
>>>
>>> "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote in
>>> message news:Y7y9f.499383$x96.237397@attbi_s72...

0
Graeme
11/1/2005 6:29:20 PM
I just cut n pasted from the auction.

# @8044.ADF - Western Digital Imaging PRO MC Video Adapter
http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/adf/@8044.adf

AdapterId 8044h

AdapterName "Western Digital Imaging PRO MC Video Adapter"

NumBytes 0

Now that's a feature packed adf.

Graeme Roberts wrote:
> Louis,
>
> So do you know the capabilities of this Paradise/WD chipset? Brooktree
> RAMDAC looks like it could produce some reasonable resolutions/refreshes
> too.
>
> Graeme.
>
> "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Here is another Video Card that I never found an ADF for (8044) Came out
>> of an NCR System and has the back plastic like NCR used. and It was
>> working (in Dos Mode) did not have Windows or anything eles in it.
>>
>> Louis Ohland wrote:
>>> The electric eye scanned that days ago. NCR.

0
Louis
11/1/2005 6:37:51 PM
Hi!

> Never seen one like this before. Anyone got any ideas?

Hmmm...not sure. I'd take a guess that it's one of the 8514 clone
adapters...kind of like the ATI 8514 Ultra. Some of them offer more
modes and scan rates than just 8514/A mode, but most are fairly
limited. (Note the assorted clock crystals on the adapter.)

Wild guess? It's a WD/Paradise enhanced 8514 adapter. Another group
member (who seems to have disappeared for the moment) was supposed to
sell/send me at least one that is probably very much like the one
offered for sale here. If I ever see one...we'll know for sure.

William

0
wm_walsh
11/1/2005 9:21:55 PM
Hi William,
> Earlier today I purchased this:
> http://www.kephis.com/kephis/486up.jpg. I've never
> seen one before. When it comes in, I'll have to see what
> stepping this CPU reports. This could be interesting. It
> even has an FRU number. (Calling David Beem!)...
     There are a couple FRUed 486 CPUs on my page, with many more in the
PS/2 parts lists. Not this particular one, but very similiar. Sure, I'm
interested in getting the information entered on the table.

> I also found and purchased a complex with a 487
> onboard...I know the 487 actually exists...but this will be
> the first one I've ever seen. Expect a stepping report with
> this as well... http://www.kephis.com/kephis/487sx.jpg
     I can't read the S-specs, so that information is valuable too. Most of
the entries I have are later & much more common. From 20MHz down & the odd
models are missed thus far.
                             David
                             David@IBMMuseum.com

0
David

Web resources about - Take a good look at this... (IBM-badged 486 "Overdrive" on complex...) - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware