f



Vintage IBM industrial computer/PS2 (7541) - tough to find! auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
-- 
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis
7/20/2005 12:52:01 PM
comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware 10363 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

23 Replies
689 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

Louis Ohland wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
> Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
> Reply to ohland@charter.net

Dave Finzel is a good seller.

Where could we find information about this 7541 box?

Dan

0
Dan
7/24/2005 3:34:20 PM
Louis Ohland wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
> Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
> Reply to ohland@charter.net

Dave Finzel is a good seller.

Where could we find information about this 7541 box?

Dan

0
Dan
7/24/2005 3:34:45 PM
Louis Ohland wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
> Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
> Reply to ohland@charter.net

Dave Finzel is a good seller.

Where could we find information about this 7541 box?

Dan

0
Dan
7/24/2005 3:35:14 PM
I candt findt anything yet. I found the 7537, which seems odd,
references the L40 SX technical reference...

Dan the K wrote:
> 
> Louis Ohland wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
> > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
> > Reply to ohland@charter.net
> 
> Dave Finzel is a good seller.
> 
> Where could we find information about this 7541 box?
> 
> Dan

-- 
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis
7/24/2005 3:52:54 PM
Looks like it's a microchannel based system. I have the refdisk on the
Gila Monster.

http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/ic_files/ref7541.html

The 1784-KT2 has been verified for operation with the following
computers:
Allen-Bradley 6123, 6124
IBM PS/2 7541, 7561, 8550, 8555, 8560, 8570, 8580

Louis Ohland wrote:
> 
> I candt findt anything yet. I found the 7537, which seems odd,
> references the L40 SX technical reference...
> 
> Dan the K wrote:
> >
> > Louis Ohland wrote:
> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
> > > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
> > > Reply to ohland@charter.net
> >
> > Dave Finzel is a good seller.
> >
> > Where could we find information about this 7541 box?
> >
> > Dan
> 
> --
> Reply to ohland@charter.net

-- 
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis
7/24/2005 4:01:45 PM
IBM 7541 AND 7542 INDUSTRIAL COMPUTERS
IBM Announcement Letter Number 189-042

The 7541 and 7542 Industrial Computers are designed to function in an
industrial plant floor environment where harsh physical conditions may
exist.  The system is highlighted by Micro Channel (TM) architecture
with a 10MHz 80286 16-bit microprocessor with a capability of supporting
up to 2Mb of real memory on the system board, 30Mb of disk storage, a
1.44Mb diskette drive and VGA graphics.  Total memory is expandable to
16Mb by adding 16-bit I/O slot memory expansion feature cards.

Super K, I'd opine that it is based on the 50z planar. So this is like
the 7561/62

Louis Ohland wrote:
> 
> Looks like it's a microchannel based system. I have the refdisk on the
> Gila Monster.
> 
> http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/ic_files/ref7541.html
> 
> The 1784-KT2 has been verified for operation with the following
> computers:
> Allen-Bradley 6123, 6124
> IBM PS/2 7541, 7561, 8550, 8555, 8560, 8570, 8580
> 
> Louis Ohland wrote:
> >
> > I candt findt anything yet. I found the 7537, which seems odd,
> > references the L40 SX technical reference...
> >
> > Dan the K wrote:
> > >
> > > Louis Ohland wrote:
> > > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276
> > > > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT
> > > > Reply to ohland@charter.net
> > >
> > > Dave Finzel is a good seller.
> > >
> > > Where could we find information about this 7541 box?
> > >
> > > Dan
> >
> > --
> > Reply to ohland@charter.net
> 
> --
> Reply to ohland@charter.net

-- 
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis
7/24/2005 4:08:13 PM
> Super K, I'd opine that it is based on the 50z planar. So this is like
> the 7561/62

Just saw a picture of the inside of the unit, and from last
summer when David B. showed me a model 50z planar, I would
say that the inside is a model 50z planar.  Oddly enough, 
there are four slot covers on the back, but just three
expansion slots on the planar. But, to give teh IBMers
credit, they only numbered three slots on the outside, ;).

exwisdem
0
David
7/26/2005 2:44:46 PM
And yet another industrial system has appeared on the
radar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5223710169

although it is a 7546.

exwisdem
0
David
7/26/2005 3:17:21 PM
For - THE - quintessential IBM Industrial system Experience, there is no
substitute for holy joy. Behold, the   7552 (AT technology) and the 7568
(MCA cosmology). 
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/7568/7568_Common_Devices.html

David Ress wrote:
> 
> And yet another industrial system has appeared on the
> radar:
> 
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5223710169
> 
> although it is a 7546.
> 
> exwisdem

-- 
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis
7/26/2005 6:01:33 PM
No idea if it is a 57 (SLC), Bermuda or Lacuna.

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5223710169
> >
> > although it is a 7546.
-- 
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis
7/26/2005 6:05:48 PM
Hi David,
> ...Just saw a picture of the inside of the unit, and from last
> summer when David B. showed me a model 50z planar,
> I would say that the inside is a model 50z planar...
     Yes, it is. With a 287 coprocessor (not too rare with me anymore). And 
some different kind of cable for the DBA ESDI drive, because it has a Model 
70 PSU & drive platform.

> ...Oddly enough, there are four slot covers on the back, but
> just three expansion slots on the planar. But, to give the
> IBMers credit, they only numbered three slots on the outside...
     Yes, so it can fit the 7561 planar as well 
(http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/7561-62/7562_Planar.html). The picture the 
seller has forwarded looks very similiar to Alfred's 7561 
(http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/7561-62/ibm7561.html). And for what it is 
worth I am still interested in being the buyer.
                             David
                             David@IBMMuseum.com 


0
David
7/27/2005 1:51:23 AM
Hi Louis,
> No idea if it is a 57 (SLC), Bermuda or Lacuna.
     9556/9557 planar. See the SCSI, video (XGA-2), & dual serial ports on 
the planar (which neither Model 77 has) in a picture of the back. Which 
means a 486SLC2 or 486SLC3 CPU.
                       David
                       David@IBMMuseum.com 


0
David
7/27/2005 2:19:50 AM
> I would say that the inside is a model 50z planar

Hello David,
Which type of hard drive would fit this machine?When you get it in
mabey you can look inside and take a peek.I guess from the above, one
from a 50Z? I picked up one of these machines (7541) a few years ago
and it has the green(color) monitor & keyboard to go with it. It came
from NASA and it looks like the inside sheet metal is stainless steel
of course w/ no hard drive.

  MT

0
PS
7/27/2005 3:02:39 PM
"PS/2_RETROPRINCE",
> Which type of hard drive would fit this machine? When you get
> it in mabey you can look inside and take a peek.I guess from the
> above, one from a 50Z? I picked up one of these machines
> (7541) a few years ago and it has the green(color) monitor &
> keyboard to go with it. It came from NASA and it looks like
> the inside sheet metal is stainless steel of course w/ no hard drive.
     From a picture forwarded to me it looks to be a DBA ESDI drive like
would be on a 50Z normally. The PSU & drive platform from a Model 70 is
inside, so that blocks access to the inside 16-bit slot the DBA riser sits
in. There appears to be a shorter card header fitting below the platform
with the cable routed around to the drive
(http://www.gilanet.com/David/7541/ibminsde.JPG).
     The National Instruments card is already spoken for by someone that
forwarded the picture. I'll have to see the assembly of the DBA riser or
whether something like the hard drive controller from the Apricot would fit.
If there was a right angle riser (a reverse of like what is on the XStation
130) a 16-bit SCSI card could be put parallel to the planar.
     My 7568 Industrial (Gearbox 800) is from Johnson Space Center, with a
serial number of 002 (meaning there should have been at least one other
Gearbox there, becuse the serial numbers were customer sequences, not in a
series). I can't figure out what the system was used for in particular.
Still looking for a breakout box
(http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/7568/7568_System_Resource.html#Three_Port_Ca
ble) for it.
                     David
                     David@IBMMuseum.com


0
David
7/27/2005 4:00:00 PM
Hi Louis,
> ...Which means a 486SLC2 or 486SLC3 CPU...
     Per your page for the 7546, the A11 & A12 sub-models are a 486SLC2 CPU.
Meaning the same planar as a 9556/9557-xBx. Not marked what the 620 & 622
sub-models are, but using the same reference/diagnostic images (so they
could be a 486SLC3 9556/9557-xEx planar possibly).
                       David
                       David@IBMMuseum.com


0
David
7/27/2005 5:42:01 PM
Hi!

David, whatever you do, be very protective of the grey keyboard. They
*melt* all too easily. You'll want to be very careful dishwashing it
and direct sunlight is absolutely out of the question.

I've had two of these units...one was fine until I dishwashed it and
the other...I really have no idea. It looked fine at purchase time but
was melted when I got it home.

William

0
wm_walsh
7/27/2005 7:56:00 PM
7541 came in today...
>> I would say that the inside is a model 50z planar...
     Yes, but with an FRU none of my 50Z planars have: 15F8675.
Strangely it gives the Planar ID of a 50-021: FBFFh. Model/Submodel of
FC/04, BIOS revision "03".

> ...And some different kind of cable for the DBA ESDI
> drive, because it has a Model 70 PSU & drive platform.
     The drive cable is FRU 15F8732. It does have a TTL 74S244 buffer
chip in it's length. The drive (Standard 30Mb DBA ESDI) is failing
(hope I can grab any software for the NI-MIO-16 for who gets it), not
booting about half the time.
     Drive platform is from a Model 70, but is labeled FRU 15F8655.
Starting to see a pattern here? PSU is slightly modified from a Model
70, FRU 23F1415 (interesting that the Model 50Z SIMM (2Mb) *can't* come
out unless the planar or PSU is removed).
     The Alps 1.44Mb is also failing. I have replaced it (took a few
attempts) with one that works. Other than the NI adapter there is a
full-length TR card that rings in at a blazing 4Mbps (just the way the
config is set right now, because it's 16/4).
     PC-DOS 4. IBM LAN for the TR adapter. I haven't looked deeper at
the software because of the drive errors. Despite the drive failures,
this has to be the cleanest "PS/2" I have seen. The fan screen stopped
all the dust (it is built up there on the outside).
                              David
                              David@IBMMuseum.com

0
IBMMuseum
8/17/2005 2:02:41 AM
Hello David,

> 7541 came in today...

Good for you.

> >> I would say that the inside is a model 50z planar...

>      Yes, but with an FRU none of my 50Z planars have: 15F8675.
> Strangely it gives the Planar ID of a 50-021: FBFFh. Model/Submodel of
> FC/04, BIOS revision "03".

FRU for a 50z, yet Planar ID is for a 50? I *was* going to look at your 
webpages some before posting, but it seems all the book marks I have are 
no longer valid. Bummer.

>      The drive cable is FRU 15F8732. It does have a TTL 74S244 buffer
> chip in it's length. The drive (Standard 30Mb DBA ESDI) is failing
> (hope I can grab any software for the NI-MIO-16 for who gets it), not
> booting about half the time.

Is the drive cable similar to what you were looking for about a year 
ago?  I guess the 74LS244 is tied to the d0-d7 data pins for syncing the 
byte transfers? 

And what a thankful guy he would be if you can get the NI-MIO-16 softare 
from the drive... 

>      Drive platform is from a Model 70, but is labeled FRU 15F8655.
> Starting to see a pattern here? PSU is slightly modified from a Model
> 70, FRU 23F1415 (interesting that the Model 50Z SIMM (2Mb) *can't* come
> out unless the planar or PSU is removed).

Sounds like a "hobbled" together system, but I am not seeing much of a 
pattern aside from that. Do I need more coffee to see the pattern?

> Despite the drive failures,
> this has to be the cleanest "PS/2" I have seen. The fan screen stopped
> all the dust (it is built up there on the outside).

When I worked at TRW many years ago, we had IBM's industrial XT systems 
deployed in some of the filthiest environments possible. Changing the 
oil in one was a weekly event, as was replacing the filter in all of 
them. All can say is IBM really made some good industrial hardware back 
then. I have never used an industrial one with MCA, but I bet they are 
just as rock solid.

Given the sellers description and the fact it is an industrial unit, I 
wonder if the drive "went south" (sorry for the pun Tim K., no offense 
intended) during shipping.

Enjoy your new system, and thanks for putting your museum together. As 
one who has seen it, I can honestly say it is impressive and  valuable 
resource.

exwisdem
0
David
8/17/2005 1:01:00 PM
Hi David,
> FRU for a 50z, yet Planar ID is for a 50? I *was* going to look
> at your webpages some before posting, but it seems all the book
> marks I have are no longer valid. Bummer.
     Perhaps because of a rename of one or two (taking the 'L' off the end, 
for 8.3 naming convention) pages. I have moved a copy (accessable with 
directory browsing for now, an index page later) to 
www.IBMMuseum.com/Routines/ as well. Be aware any links (except for the 
domain name) are CASE SENSITIVE on that server.

> Is the drive cable similar to what you were looking for about
> a year ago? I guess the 74LS244 is tied to the d0-d7 data
> pins for syncing the byte transfers?
     No, that was the TP700/TP720 IDE converter. I haven't investigated the 
TTL chip enough yet to see which pins it is on (and one chip means only 
eight bits). For those not familiar with TTL 74**244/74**245 buffer chips, 
it is just like a knob (Chip Select line) to allow buffering of those 
signals through the device (the 244 & 245 differ in that one also inverts 
the signal).

> And what a thankful guy he would be if you can get the
> NI-MIO-16 softare from the drive...
     Looks like some Fortran source, in a "ROBOTCOM" directory. There was 
another directory with something about communications. But it will be a 
little more time with me in front of the system, with the drive working (bad 
sector errors keep coming up) to see.

> Sounds like a "hobbled" together system, but I am not
> seeing much of a pattern aside from that. Do I need
> more coffee to see the pattern?
     Doubtless you will have more coffee anyway. I was referring to the 
similarities of the FRUs put on the stock PS/2 parts. Mostly the pattern of 
15F8xxx.

> When I worked at TRW many years ago, we had IBM's industrial
> XT systems deployed in some of the filthiest environments
> possible. Changing the oil in one was a weekly event, as was
> replacing the filter in all of them. All can say is IBM really made
> some good industrial hardware back then. I have never used
> an industrial one with MCA, but I bet they are just as rock solid.
     This is my first experience with a microchannel version. I rather like 
even the ISA & PCI versions too, in some cases going to good RAID 
arrangements. The failures I have seen on this one are the same ones on 
PS/2s since they use the same components here (DBA ESDI drive & Alps 
floppies).

> Given the sellers description and the fact it is an industrial unit, I
> wonder if the drive "went south" (sorry for the pun Tim K., no
> offense intended) during shipping.
     About half the time I power it up there is no initial drive error (but 
it always has a read error later, luckily able to be aborted to get to a DOS 
prompt). The beeps & sequence are nearly the same, so booting without a 
"good monitor, keyboard, etc" had errors the seller never saw. As I have 
other drives, my main worry is just getting the data I can for you.

> Enjoy your new system, and thanks for putting your museum
> together. As one who has seen it, I can honestly say it is
> impressive and  valuable resource.
     I'm tired of not giving enough time for the online content (why I have 
started to put the routines & interrupt pages there). But that is how my 
life is now. Perhaps WBST needs to visit so I can put more effort into my 
webpages too!
                       David
                       David@IBMMuseum.com 


0
David
8/17/2005 8:00:18 PM
Hello David,

>      Perhaps because of a rename of one or two (taking the 'L' off the end, 
> for 8.3 naming convention) pages. I have moved a copy (accessable with 
> directory browsing for now, an index page later) to 
> www.IBMMuseum.com/Routines/ as well. Be aware any links (except for the 
> domain name) are CASE SENSITIVE on that server.

Thanks, I will check later tonight once the little ones are in bed.

> > And what a thankful guy he would be if you can get the
> > NI-MIO-16 softare from the drive...
>      Looks like some Fortran source, in a "ROBOTCOM" directory. There was 
> another directory with something about communications. But it will be a 
> little more time with me in front of the system, with the drive working (bad 
> sector errors keep coming up) to see.

Sounds interesting, but do not spend any more time on it.  I know you 
are busy.

> As I have 
> other drives, my main worry is just getting the data I can for you.

I appreciate the effort, but I know all about read errors and hard 
drives. Seriously, I know you have more important demands on your time 
than reading from a drive with read errors.

>      I'm tired of not giving enough time for the online content (why I have 
> started to put the routines & interrupt pages there). But that is how my 
> life is now. Perhaps WBST needs to visit so I can put more effort into my 
> webpages too!

Well, if WBST comes to visit you, send him my way when he leaves. I have 
started two new sections for my website, but have not finished them yet.

exwisdem
0
David
8/17/2005 8:59:45 PM
Hi David...

"David L. Beem" <David@gilanet.com> wrote in message
news:43039755$1@nntp.zianet.com...
> <SNIP>
> > Given the sellers description and the fact it is an industrial unit, I
> > wonder if the drive "went south" (sorry for the pun Tim K., no
> > offense intended) during shipping.
>      About half the time I power it up there is no initial drive error
(but
> it always has a read error later, luckily able to be aborted to get to a
DOS
> prompt). The beeps & sequence are nearly the same, so booting without a
> "good monitor, keyboard, etc" had errors the seller never saw. As I have
> other drives, my main worry is just getting the data I can for you.
>
> > Enjoy your new system, and thanks for putting your museum
> > together. As one who has seen it, I can honestly say it is
> > impressive and  valuable resource.
>      I'm tired of not giving enough time for the online content (why I
have
> started to put the routines & interrupt pages there). But that is how my
> life is now. Perhaps WBST needs to visit so I can put more effort into my
> webpages too!

Huh? Wassup? Do what... where...?

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/17/2005 11:03:35 PM
"Tim Clarke"  wrote:

> > > Enjoy your new system, and thanks for putting your museum
> > > together. As one who has seen it, I can honestly say it is
> > > impressive and  valuable resource.
> >      I'm tired of not giving enough time for the online content (why I
> have
> > started to put the routines & interrupt pages there). But that is how my
> > life is now. Perhaps WBST needs to visit so I can put more effort into my
> > webpages too!
> 
> Huh? Wassup? Do what... where...?

where is your ibm museum? hidden somewhere under www.ibmmuseum.com?!?!?!

/pete


---------------------------------------------------------
posted via the ps/2 usenet archive at http://www.ps-2.org
0
pete
8/17/2005 11:19:21 PM
Hi David!

>      Perhaps because of a rename of one or two (taking the 'L' off the end, 
> for 8.3 naming convention) pages. I have moved a copy (accessable with 
> directory browsing for now, an index page later) to 
> www.IBMMuseum.com/Routines/ as well. Be aware any links (except for the 
> domain name) are CASE SENSITIVE on that server.

Normally names of files on severs should be generally lower-case only. 
Exceptions are Makefile, README, INDEX00 and so on. And .html is also 
standard. That's all to avoid such problems you (or your visitors) have 
there ;o)

Saski
-- 
Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail
0
Saskia
8/18/2005 9:11:43 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Auction: IBM PS2 Personal Vintage Computer NICE! LOOK! What is this?
I saw a 55SX on auction. Looked at the history, and it looks odd. CT, is the autobid at work here, or is it something else? >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Personal-Vintage-Computer-NICE-LOOK_W0QQitemZ8751039671QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Jan-19-06 16:35:30 PST mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-18-06 15:14:33 PST mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-17-06 11:44:35 PST advcircuit ( 463) US $35.00 Jan-17-06 17:06:01 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $33.00 Jan-17-06 14:38:05 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $31.00 Jan-17-06 14:37:47 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $29.00 Jan-17-06 14:37:35 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $25.00 Jan-17-06 14:37:06 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $22.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:54 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $18.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:47 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $16.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:34 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $14.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:24 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $11.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:12 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $8.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:02 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $6.00 Jan-17-06 14:35:56 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $4.25 Jan-17-06 14:35:47 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $3.00 Jan-17-06 14:35:35 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $2.00 Jan-15-06 09:51:40 PST ajsmith74 ( 78) US $2.00 Jan-16-06 20:55:56 PST jamesroseallen_a ( 167) US $1.49 Jan-13-06 21:03:18 PST Hi Louis, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8751039671 > mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-18-06 15:14:33 PST > mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-17-06 11:44:3...

Auction: Vintage ibm microchannel ps2 server 500 raid computer
http://search.ebay.com/270670057784 Dec 01, 201005:53:24 PST or BIN OK, dwellers in the cellar, fish or cut bait. All this whining on scrapping systems. Not, no complex or drives. Pickup, only. Do you want some cheese with that whine? "It will not come with the processor card or hard drives but guaranteed to play" Play what?? -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:StSHo.15081$663.11295@newsfe01.iad... > http://search.ebay.com/270670057784 > Dec 01, 201...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 Computer Service Manuals Floppy Disks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170118815858 Starting bid: US $4.99 End time: Jun-10-07 18:34:02 PDT (6 days 5 hours) Shipping costs: US $5.00 (discount available) Ships to: United States Item location: Owatonna, MN, United States This 3 ring binder contains service information for the Personal Systems/2 family of IBM personal Computers. Included are 10 each diagnosis and reference floppy disks, folded service summary manuals and about 250-300 printed pages in a tabbed reference section. General information, model 8525, model 8530, model 8550, model 8555, model 8560, model 8570, model 8573, model 8580, display units, OEM, additional I/O, 8525/8530 options and adaptors, PS/2 options and adaptors, diagnostic maps, parts catalogs, engineering changes and printers. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: vintage ibm ps2 microchannel mca computer mod 90 486
>http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST ..it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44 MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it. Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache. Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars. Both memory risers and the riser guide are installed. The seller has a 77 up as well. The descriptions are similar, so the complex might not be a 486DX-33. Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > End time: Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST > > .it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and > WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44 > MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it. > > Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache. > Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not > bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars. > > Both memory risers and the riser guide...

Auction: Vintage IBM Portable Computer PS2 P70/386 PLASMA SCREEN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330122615225 Starting bid: US $19.99 End time: May-27-07 17:57:18 PDT (6 days 16 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Edgewater, Maryland, United States 8573-121 No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 MODEL 30 286 COMPUTER FOR REPAIR PARTS
Dead clock battery. (I'm still working on getting a DS1287 apart without completely destroying it. Who'd have thought it would be this entertaining?) http://search.ebay.com/220101437534 Ships to the US, located in Palm Harbor, FL. Ends Apr-17-07, 14:28:17 PDT No affiliation. William Hi William ! > Dead clock battery. (I'm still working on getting a DS1287 apart without > completely destroying it. Who'd have thought it would be this entertaining?) I really wonder why it is so difficult for you. Really. Next time use a Dremel or a sharp metal saw and not that big two-hand construction side concrete cutter, will you ? :-D -- Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm *** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! *** Hi! > I really wonder why it is so difficult for you. > Really. Because I make things difficult. I don't like to, but I seem to be quite good at it. :-) I used a Dremel with the smallest bit I could find. It opened the chip with ease, although not as cleanly as the pictures on your page show. With the Dremel, I seem to lose one or both battery contacts. I either can't find the contact in the potting compound or I'm buzzing right through it. At 5,000 RPM (minimum speed on my Dremel tool) it is hard to say. William Practice makes perfect? I decided power tools weren't the right approach, at least not for me. I pic...

Auction: IBM PS2 Vintage Personal Computer Model 57 SX + monitor (UK)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200175327335 Starting bid: �25.00 End time: 26-Dec-07 09:30:00 GMT (2 days 13 hours) Pick up only - see item description for details Item location: Cambridge, United Kingdom IBM PS/2 computer Model 57 SX, this was the personal property of my late father. it is still in its original boxes complete with original manuals, colour monitor, rotating stand for monitor, IBM keyboard, all power leads, floppy boot disks etc. it is in very good condition, as it was his personal property and ordered directly new from factory for him (not ex-office or second hand). No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 PS/2 MODEL 70 PC COMPUTER
>http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:05:07 -0500, Louis Ohland <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote: >> http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT This thing won't run an OS/2 1.0, 1.1 would it? It requires a 286? If so guess I'll be waiting for another 50Z to bubble up. :\ --Daniel Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too much stuff*. Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup especially handy. William On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:51:00 -0500, William R. Walsh <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote: > Hi! > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 > > I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one > of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too > much stuff*. > > Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup > especially handy. > > William...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 VINTAGE 8530 8086 COMPUTER SYSTEM 8530-C03
Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never seen anything like it before. Check out the full length ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)! Current bid of $19.99, shipping to me was figured at $20.93. Located in Holliston, MA USA. Ships worldwide. http://search.ebay.com/280227390214 (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...) William Hi William, > Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. I could make you one ;-)) > > http://search.ebay.com/280227390214 > > (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs > that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of > the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...) > > William Thinking again: I don't have a 8530 with a 8086 in it. Oh, well . . . Jelte. Hi William, > Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never > seen anything like it before. Check out the full length > ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)!... Many of my 8086-based Model 25s I got from a school auction lot were set to RIPL from an image on an 8595 (running NW3.11). They still had the 720Kb floppy drive however. As far as I remember, IBM TR has RIPL code built-in (commonly Ethernet adapters, unless s...

Auction: Vintage ibm microchannel ps2 server 500 raid computer(plus others in 320/720 class!)
http://search.ebay.com/270665650040 Nov 22, 201014:12:43 PST Vintage ibm microchannel ps2 server 500 raid computer This is a large working computer. I see that it has the same motherboard as a model 95 It will not come with the processor card or hard drives but guaranteed to play If no interest they will go for scrap I have several of them as well as some 720's and 320's half pci's I an cleaning out a vintage warehouse. They are big server computers from yesteryear It will be sold for parts or repair. They were the CADILACS OF T^HE DAY FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY ( Bingh...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

Auction: IBM 9585 PS2
http://search.ebay.com/Z190174683216 BIN William, they are Xies. Hi! > http://search.ebay.com/190174683216 [fix: dropped the errant Z before item #] > BIN > William, they are Xies. As in "Xpensive". I would hope that these same machines will surface under a more reasonably priced listing or that these folks would consider a reasonable offer. I'd almost dare to make them one, but I'm not sure I want to foot the shipping bill right now. My collection of 9585-X machines is getting quite large. Most of them are transplanted Texans. I have enough to run a pretty wide card of OSes...OS/2, Win95, NT4, Linux, and NT 3.1. There is at least one "duplicate", so I could probably squeeze in a Win98SE machine. That would leave only DOS and Windows 3.1x...and I'm not sure I'd want to waste an 85 on that. William On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:38:54 -0800 (PST), wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi! > >> http://search.ebay.com/190174683216 > >[fix: dropped the errant Z before item #] > >> BIN >> William, they are Xies. > >As in "Xpensive". I would hope that these same machines will surface >under a more reasonably priced listing or that these folks would >consider a reasonable offer. I'd almost dare to make them one, but I'm >not sure I want to foot the shipping bill right now. > >My collection of 9585-X machines is getting quite large. M...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auction: IBM PS2 MODEL 9556-2BX USED COMPUTER
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-MODEL-9556-2BX-USED-COMPUTER_W0QQitemZ8712830659QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-29-05 16:27:10 PDT Hi Louis, Made shorter: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8712830659 The '2' in the sub-model is "Multimedia or Token Ring Systems". I see an ethernet card & no Ultimedia markings/adapters. 'B' is the 486SLC2-50 that we kind of knew already. What capacity is the 'X' hard drive though? David David@IBMMuseum.com "IBMMuseum" <David@gilanet.com> wrote in message news:1130290230.307898.144520@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi Louis, > Made shorter: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8712830659 > > The '2' in the sub-model is "Multimedia or Token Ring Systems". I > see an ethernet card & no Ultimedia markings/adapters. 'B' is the > 486SLC2-50 that we kind of knew already. What capacity is the 'X' hard > drive though? The xxV xxX and xxZ suffices are 1GB, 2Gb and 4GB, **IIRC**. Can't say that I've ever heard of a 2GB drive Model 56 though, so be warned. -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) On 10/25/05 11:14 PM, in article IwC7f.8202$Jl3.7362@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, "Tim Clarke" <SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote: > "IBMMuseum" <David@g...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 486 SLC2 Model 56
http://search.ebay.com/250163827091 Current bid is $12.62. Ends Sep-17-07, 10:24:08 PDT (4 days, 2 hours). Ships to the US only (check the listing). Located in Hornell, NY USA. No affiliation and no idea who "illinoistechfall" is. William On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:02:18 -0700, wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: > http://search.ebay.com/250163827091 I have both the SLC2 and SLC3 version of this, available with mathco. -- CL -> http://tinyurl.com/2zqgly For email correspondence. +----------------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Address, Mail / Ship: | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | see^tinyurl>4email | Pawtucket RI 02860-6114 | +----------------------------------------------+ ...

IBM PS2 Model P70 386 Portable Computer auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Model-P70-386-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ5238028463QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Sep-09-05 15:14:15 PDT full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has pockets and file space Wow. The case has built in storage! -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Hi Louis, > full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has > pockets and file space. Wow. The case has built in storage! Standard Hartmann (which almost needs it's own entry on your pages) leather case for the P70. There is also the nylon model with leather trim. Wandt more pictures of each? David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Vintage IBM PS2 4MB Memory Module FRU 34F0023 auction
For the 8580 >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=172&item=6782026472< Ends Jul-07-05 15:23:00 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Auction: Vintage IBM 4869 add-on drive for PS2, looks great
360KB version of the Battlefloppy...I can see the * on the drive front. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130080719475 Ends Feb-22-07 20:06:26 PST - Ships to US and Canada. Starting bid is $10. Located in Richland, WA USA No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 56 SX Computer Type 8556
And a *very* sorry looking one at that.... $69.99 BIN or make offer (duh!) Shipping: FREE to United States - Economy Shipping Free local pickup from Winterville, GA, United States Used (who could tell?) Sold AS-IS for Parts/Repair The power switch does not work. No affiliation -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki How about a link, folks :-0 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=?160579374783 "JWR" <you.want.my.address@ask.for.it> schreef in bericht news:4dc2fc8b$0$30721$5fc3050@news.tiscali.nl... > And a *very* sorry looking one at that.... > > $69.99 BIN or make offer (duh!) > > Shipping: FREE to United States - Economy Shipping > Free local pickup from Winterville, GA, United States > Used (who could tell?) > Sold AS-IS for Parts/Repair The power switch does not work. > > No affiliation > > -- > Jelte, > Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki ...

Auction: Beautiful IBM PS2 COMPUTER 9557DEB 9557-DEB Classis
These puppies look like NOS. http://search.ebay.com/170004510839 BIN of $100 IBM PS/2 56, 56 LS, 57, M57 486SLC3 System Units Announcement Number: 194-032 Beware! The seller would not return any of my numerous e-mails asking about these computers. William ...

Auction: Vintage IBM Industrial Computer (A-B Re-badged PC-XT)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-Industrial-Computer-A-B-Re-badged-PC-XT_W0QQitemZ8768393784QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ...

Auction: Computer IBM PS2 Model 50 Quick Reff and Ref Diskette
Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or lost in their books... http://search.ebay.com/200117728850 PS/2 Model 50 refdisk and quick reference. Looks to be in nice condition. No affiliation. $8 starting bid. Ships to US ($6) and Canada. Located in Canton, OH USA. Ends Jun-14-07, 20:42:07 (2 days, 12 hours). William (piddling around with a 1984 Plymouth Reliant instead of PS/2s for a change...) Stitching up some loose ends. wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: > Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or > lost in their books... > > http://search.ebay.com/200117728850 > > PS/2 Model 50 refdisk and quick reference. Looks to be in nice > condition. No affiliation. $8 starting bid. > > Ships to US ($6) and Canada. Located in Canton, OH USA. Ends > Jun-14-07, 20:42:07 (2 days, 12 hours). > > William (piddling around with a 1984 Plymouth Reliant instead of PS/2s > for a change...) > Too busy at WWDC. > Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or > lost in their books... <wm_walsh@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1181662908.466507.183620@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or > lost in their books... I wish!..... - filling out tax-forms for the IRS (yummie!) for me and my inlaws. - rescueing data from two pc's (my...

Auction: vintage ibm PS2 e pizza box 486 9533 not microchannel
<http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-PS2-e-pizza-box-486-9533-not-microchannel_W0QQitemZ300060751229QQihZ020QQcategoryZ140076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Dec-21-06 05:37:11 PST No 4 slot PCMCIA adapter. Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-PS2-e-pizza-box-486-9533-not-microchannel_W0QQitemZ300060751229QQihZ020QQcategoryZ140076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > And from the same seller, a NCR 3300: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300061203465 ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:02:28 -0600, Louis Ohland wrote: > No 4 slot PCMCIA adapter. And probably no 387SX MathCo either! -- CL +----------------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Address, Mail / Ship: | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | cl@ncdm.com | Pawtucket RI 02860-6114 | +----------------------------------------------+ ...

IBM Industrial Computer 7546 Rack Mount Vintage! -auction Lacuna based
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5160944947 Ends Feb-04-05 10:08:26 PST ...

Web resources about - Vintage IBM industrial computer/PS2 (7541) - tough to find! auction - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation ( CSIRO ) is the national government body for scientific research in Australia ...

Military Industrial Complex Threatening A Coup If Herr Trumpf Wins?
A couple days ago we looked briefly at Herr Trumpf's threat to chuck the constitutional prohibition on churches and religions openly endorsing ...

Industrial & Commercial Bank Of China To Launch Green Bonds Soon
... one of the fastest growing markets for rating funds to finance low-carbon and renewable energy projects. According to media reports, the Industrial ...

Cramer: Industrials suddenly intruguing
Jim Cramer sees signs of life in the long-forgotten industrial stocks, which seem poised for an abrupt turnaround.

Behind the strange industrial rally
If industrial manufacturing is in a recession, why are industrial stocks doing so well? Craig Johnson and Phillip Streible discuss with Brian ...

D’oh! Samsung S7’s industrial design is as lazy as ever
Samsung may have “borrowed” Apple’s Upgrade Program for its new Galaxy S7 handset, but one thing it seemingly can’t copy is Apple’s perfectionist ...

Dow Jones Industrial Average Rallies Today on OPEC Oil Optimism
Did you really think that Iran would be the reason why the Dow Jones Industrial Average is rallying this morning? That’s exactly what’s happening. ...

Delta Electronics embraces green energy industrial policies, says founder
Power supply maker and energy management solution provider Delta Electronics' operational transformation coincides with green energy-based industrial ...

Research suggests the Anthropocene began in 1620 — way before the Industrial Revolution
New research suggests that humans began altering the climate on Earth long before the industrial revolution. The colonization of North and South ...

The Dow Industrials Breaks Out & Confirms Double Bottom Pattern
Stocks opened higher on Monday as investors added to last week's rally. The Dow Jones Industrial Average triggered a fresh breakout when it jumped ...

Resources last updated: 3/3/2016 9:09:47 AM