WTB: IBM PC Server 320 hardware parts

Does anyone have a set of memory card standoffs for a 8640-MZV MCA server?
They support the memory card riser on the bottom of the case. The standoffs
are included in the 06H8940 Miscellaneous Parts Kit but I don't need any of
the other hardware in the kit.

Thanks, Walter

0
millerwd

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

IBM PC Server 320
Hi all! I was offered to buy an IBM PC Server 320. Is somebody familiar with this server? Is it worth of buying for 30 Euros? And is it a true MCA- server? I yet don=B4t know what is in it. Probably some memory, pentium CPU and SCSI hard disks. Is there many models of this server and where I can find some specs of it? =20 Pertti You need a type-model 8640-Mxx if you want microchannel. http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/8640/8640.html All the links are to the inaccessible IBM FTP site, but should point you in the right direction on the PS2Supersite or on Greyghost. Pertti Helander wrote: > Hi all! > > I was offered to buy an IBM PC Server 320. Is somebody familiar with > this server? > Is it worth of buying for 30 Euros? And is it a true MCA- server? > I yet don�t know what is in it. Probably some memory, pentium CPU and > SCSI hard disks. > Is there many models of this server and where I can find some specs of > it? > http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/8640/8640.html > Pertti > ...

IBM PC Server 320
Can anyone tell me if there is any adaptable ATX Power supply to fit in this tower? other then the Original one? which isn't an ATX... Thanks MoxieMouse -- ...

IBM PC SERVER 320
Can anyone tell me if there is any adaptable ATX Power supply to fit in this tower? other then the Original one? which isn't an ATX... Thanks MoxieMouse -- "MoxieMouse", > Can anyone tell me if there is any adaptable ATX Power supply to > fit in this tower? other then the Original one? which isn't an ATX... Pinouts are actually more like an "AT" power supply. Since the two different (EISA/PCI & MCA/PCI) 320 planars also were used in the Server 520 (a much larger case, with more RAID bays) there are a few different power supply optio...

Was the IBM PC Open Hardware?
On Friday 22 April 2005 20:06 DFS wrote: > And lest you forget, the PC software and hardware industry has > thrived under Windows as no other industry ever has in history. In another thread, DFS actually raises an interesting point imo. My recollection of the IBM PC is a very expensive piece of kit, which had two advantages. 1. It was IBM ("nobody ever got fired for buying IBM") 2. With the IBM name, the concept of the Personal Computer became a serious, business-thing, no longer a toy or hobbyist or niche piece of equipment. However, I have another recollection. Within ...

IBM PC Server 320
Can anyone tell me if there is any adaptable ATX Power supply to fit in this tower? other then the Original one? which isn't an ATX... Thanks MoxieMouse -- ...

IBM PC Hardware Moderator Needed
Hello Please don't be mad at me if I should not be asking this here... If you have any knowlege about IBM PCs, such as general hardware and trouble shooting, and you like to help people... I need 2 or 3 IBM PC Moderators for my Forum. Please stop by and sign up <- If nothing else stop by and say HI! so I know some did Read this? Thak you SUE http://XenoGlossy.Com ...

IBM PC Hardware Moderator Needed?
Hello Please don't be mad at me if I should not be asking this here... If you have any knowlege about IBM PCs, such as general hardware and trouble shooting, and you like to help people... I need 2 or 3 IBM PC Moderators for my Forum. Please stop by and sign up <- If nothing else stop by and say HI! so I know someone did Read this? Thak you SUE http://XenoGlossy.Com "Keith R. Williams" <krw@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:MPG.19826e22c127b46f98a536@enews.newsguy.com... > > I'm not *so* negative on private messaging systems. Dea...

parting out: IBM PC Server 500
Everything must go! I have an IBM PC server 500 Anybody need spare parts or ??? It has 5ea. 2Gb scsi drives, Quantum # XP32150W 1 ea. S2W FRU P/N 76H0958 scsi drive, size unknown 1 ea. S4W FRU P/N o6H5709, size unknown 1 ea, scsi CDROM, speed unknown case, PS, CPUs, memory, etc... Make offer, whole or parts. Cheap $$$ can do payment through PayPal. zbadone at earthlink dot net ...

IBM Hardware
Elarasys, Inc a leading reseller of pre-owned IBM p5, pSeries, and TotalStorage hardware has a sale on the below systems. p615 7029-6C3 1-Way 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 36.4GB 10K Disk Drive, DVD, Rails&Power Cord $2,100.00 7044-170 400MHz, 1GB Memory, 2 x 18.2GB 10K Disk Drives, CD-ROM, 20/40GB 8mm Tape Drive, GXT4500P, K&M $675.00 p640 7026-B80 2-Way 375MHz/8MB, 1GB Memory, 18.2GB 10K Drive, CD-ROM, Rails&Power Cord $850.00 We can a complete line of IBM p5, pSeries and TotalStorage hardware if you are looking for something not listed above or would like a different configuration p...

IBM Hardware
Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Zzzzzz..... In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now. -- Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous. Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely ...

[OT] IBM exiting the PC hardware business
Interesting article and sign of the times as PC's move to commodity status. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/03/technology/03ibm.html?ex=1259816400&en=c60a66b7afa86173&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland -- Phil McGuinness - Sherlock Software Phil, But who is only just coming to understand this? The NY Times reporter or IBM? The rest of us have known this for a decade now. We got out of hardware supply precisely because there is no margin to be had. Dell and others now offer a 3Ghz P4 PC with 17" LCD monitor for US 680 delivered and with XP Pro. Work that ou...

Hardware lever clustering for RAC/IBM Servers
Dear All, Our team is attempting to install Oracle 9i Real Application CLusters on IBM Boxes with The storage is IBM EXP 300 using SCSI Channel to connect to servers Servers are IBM X255. The operating System is Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Service Pack 3. We are unable to configure the common storage to appear to both nodes (Active-Active mode) before the RAC installation (as specified in the metalink document). This I belive is a pre-requisite for RAC. Would it be possible for anybody to provide us with a brief guideline on the OS/Hardware Front, on how to make the RAID confi...

FS IBM PC Server 320 EISA model
Dual Intel Pentium 166mhzs w/ matching heatsinks 130mb of RAM 2 slots open all orginal IBM brand SVGA EISA video card IBM RAID PCI adapter Intel 10 / 100 PCI network adapter Adaptec SCSI Adapter PCI 3 hot swap bay HD trays Orginal IBM floppy Orginal CD-ROM drive Package weighs about 50 lbs, will ship world wide, ships from 75040 Will NOT part out, system in like new condition. RTC keeps perfect time and boots great. Owned by a non smoker. Email with offers to the above address. ...

FS IBM PC Server 320 EISA model #2
Dual P1 Intel 166mhz CPUs and matching heatsinks 130 MB of RAM w/ 2 slots open IBM RAID controler PCI Intel 10/100 network controler PCI Adaptec SCSI card PCI 3 Hot Swap HD trays Orginal IBM CD-rom drive Orginal IBM Floppy drive SVGA Video card EISA 256k cache Package would weigh about 50 lbs, shipping from 75040, will ship world wide. Will NOT part out, machine is like new condition. RTC is keep time. Boots great. Email with offers to above address. ...

Auction: IBM Hardware Maintenance and Service Manuals PC XT
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Hardware-Maintenance-and-Service-Manuals-PC-XT_W0QQitemZ5294049998QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-02-05 12:01:04 PDT Includes 3 manuals in original IBM shelf binders, 5 disks, and 3 loop back test connectors (25 pin serial, 25 pin printer, and BNC Ethernet(I think)). -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Auction: IBM PC Server 720 Parts 8642
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PC-Server-720-Parts-8642-RARE_W0QQitemZ5812184198QQcategoryZ56095QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Sep-30-05 07:47:15 PDT * 1 PC Server 720 Power Supply with additional Power Supply * 1 PC Server 720 Motherboard * 2 PC Server 720 100MHz Pentium Processor cards * 1 PC Server 720 Bridgeboard -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Go Jim. 25MHz Bridge card, or I would have been on it by now. In fact I would have almost had them cut the PSUs to avoid the shipping costs... David David@IBMMuseum.com IBMMuseum wrote: > > Go Jim. 25MHz Bridge card, or I would have been on it by now. In > fact I would have almost had them cut the PSUs to avoid the shipping > costs... I was mainly after the spare planar, but what the heck. -- Jim Shorney -->.<--Put complaints in this box jshorney (at) inebraska.com nu0c (at) amsat.org Ham Radio NU0C Lincoln, NE, USA EN10ps http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney/ ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- "Jim Shorney" <jshorney@inetnebr.spamblock.com> wrote in message news:4344857D.E197A291@inetnebr.spamblock.com... > IBMMuseum wrote: > > > > Go Jim. 25MHz Bridge card, ...

IBM PC Server 330 (8640-PB0) parts needed
These are for the second one I'm building so it's not imperative that I get these immediately but sometime before the Pentium II is thought of along with the 8086 and 8088 would be good. Need a front door with hinges an lock - keys would be great but not an absolute necessity. Also need the pedestals, 2 of them, one fore each of my machines. I also need up to 6 of the hotswap trays, the ones that are for 80 pin SCA drives, not the ones with 68 and the molex power plug. I have some stuff to trade but I'm sure most would rather trade for $$$. That's fine as long as it...

WTT/WTB: IBM PC Server Backplanes Type III (3)
Hi All, I'm in need of at least 2 Type-3 backplanes and up to 5 in total wouldn't be unwelcome, in the least. I've got a whole load of drives, Type-III trays and two well-specified PC Server 720s with ServeRAID adapters and the necessary CPUs and power supplies installed. But only one of the three Type-III backplanes I bought off e-Bay ages back is functional. So, I'm looking for the 2-5 Type-III backplanes to continue the upgrade. Trade would be preferred, I have all sorts of memory, TR adapters, Ethernet adapters, memory adapters etc. (this list would fill a couple of A4 sheets, if typed) to offer, just ask. -- Cheers, Tim Clarke Guildford, U.K. Hi Tim ! > Hi All, > I'm in need of at least 2 Type-3 backplanes and up to 5 in total > wouldn't be unwelcome, in the least. I've got a whole load of drives, > Type-III trays and two well-specified PC Server 720s with ServeRAID adapters > and the necessary CPUs and power supplies installed. But only one of the > three Type-III backplanes I bought off e-Bay ages back is functional. So, > I'm looking for the 2-5 Type-III backplanes to continue the upgrade. > > Trade would be preferred, I have all sorts of memory, TR adapters, > Ethernet adapters, memory adapters etc. (this list would fill a couple of A4 > sheets, if typed) to offer, just ask. Taken notice of. I'll dig through my stuff later today and se...

Problem with P/370 on IBM PC Server 320 (8640-MY0)
I have been having some difficulties with my IBM PC Server 320 since about 16 September. I believe with a new CMOS battery and L2 cache and cleaning treating and reseating all the adapters the server is back pretty much to normal. Unfortunately with the change of battery and unfamiliarity with the software on my part I believe I have lost the proper settings for my P/370 adapter. At present the server boots fine and other adapters appear to work as they should, but attempting to boot the P/370 freezes the system and requires a power-off as neither C-A-D nor C-A-N-N are effective and then a set of chkdsk runs to clean up the mess. Attempting to run the P/370 advanced diagnostics version 1.11 returns the following response: TESTING THE BASIC ADAPTER INTERFACE FUNCTIONS: Testing POS Registers => pos2=0B pos3=B8 pos4=EF pos5=E9 Testing Control Registers => ap=00 scp=00 isp=01 cbsp=00 FAILURE ON CARD, EXCLUDING MEMORY SIMM'S: 2124: DIIP reg is not x'0000' after reset an earlier attempt yielded: 2125: MSAR reg is not x'xxx00000' after reset although I believe this was the only time I saw this error and the later runs all appear to yield the 2124 error. I contacted the party we purchased the system from originally and he suspects a configuration error as opposed to hardware and recalls the P/370 as being quite finicky about settings and that different server hardware might well require different settings f...

Win 2k on PC server 320 w/ IBM Mylex adapter
I've got a 3 Drive RAID 0 setup. Windows goes through the full setup fine. Finds the logical drive, partitions it, formats it, and installes all files to it. When it comes around to boot from the logical drive I get. Disk I/O error: Status = 000000001 NTLR: Fatal Error 1 reading Boot.ini Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've rebuilt the array and I've tryed the install twice. If it's a drive are their tools to figure out which one of the 3 it is. RAID utilities says all drives are ONL . Thanks in advance! Hi! I'd wonder about the usual suspects first...termination, quality of the drives and possible cabling issues. What kind of drives do you have? Are they known to be in good working order? (Hint: Try SpinRite for this. If you don't have a copy--get one. I was a skeptic, but after seeing it in action...I am very impressed. I've seen it pull at least one drive back into full working order long enough to recover everything on it. If nothing else, it will give you an excellent indication of a drive's health. If you do this, put the drives on a standard SCSI controller first.) William On 19 Feb 2006 08:56:49 -0800 Hellotalktome13@hotmail.com wrote: > Disk I/O error: Status = 000000001 > NTLR: Fatal Error 1 reading Boot.ini > > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Make the C: under 1GB in size and install the system there. IIRC IBM mentioned something somewhere for N...

IBM X336 server with RAID1 configuration formats all HDDs on new hardware installation
(apologies for the cross-post) Hi, I am new to my company and have been asked to recommend a new redundancy / backup plan for our online server. I've talked to the other folks in the company and they have been describing an usual feature of the server wherein if we try to install ANY new hardware like a new harddisk, the system automatically formats everything. (apparently this "resetting feature" kicks in even if we add more RAM pieces!) Now, I'm not too sure what portions of this are correct and what are not. As this is our LIVE online server and we are serving hundreds ...

IBM 3270 PC(s) [5160 XTs with additional 3270 hardware] on eBay UK
Hello, There is an auction for three IBM PCs "built 1985/6" plus a printer on eBay UK - the one pictured appears to be an example of the unusual type 5271 "3270 Personal Computer", which is essentially a 5160 XT crossed with a 3270 terminal and provides the functions of both. The picture shows a PC set up with both a special type 5272 display and a 122 key keyboard as used on the 3270 PC, though details of numbers and cards in the PCs have not been included. Seller is based in Lapworth in the West Midlands, pick up only. As I understand these aren't too ...

Auction: Used IBM PC Server 320-OYT Intel in upstate New York
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5818691929&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1 I'm not familiar with the different PC Server 320 models but this looks impressive. This is pickup only from Utica, New York. That means Rick Eblaw, Jim Hall, E.Zoto or a lurker. Dan K. Dan-the K wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5818691929&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1 > > I'm not familiar with the different PC Server 320 models but this looks > impressive. > > This is pickup only from Utica, New York. That means Rick Eblaw, Jim > Hall, E.Zoto or a lurker. > > Dan K. > Also by the same seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Chevrolet-Kodiak-Truck-Highway-Sander-Ready-to-Go_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63743QQitemZ4580405725QQrdZ1 Comes in handy for clearing the driveway. Jim Hall Dan-the K wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5818691929&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1 > > I'm not familiar with the different PC Server 320 models but this looks > impressive. > > This is pickup only from Utica, New York. That means Rick Eblaw, Jim > Hall, E.Zoto or a lurker. > > Dan K. > EISA/PCI unit ...

Web resources about - WTB: IBM PC Server 320 hardware parts - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Graphics hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
integrated and dedicated. An integrated graphics card, usually by Intel for use in their computers, is bound to the motherboard and shares RAM ...

Woolworths loses Masters hardware boss Matt Tyson
... last two years, Matt Tyson, has quit owner Woolworths leaving his former finance manager, David Walker, to extricate the retailer from hardware. ...

Woolworths loses Masters hardware boss Matt Tyson
... last two years, Matt Tyson, has quit owner Woolworths leaving his former finance manager, David Walker, to extricate the retailer from hardware. ...

Facebook launches project to open source hardware, designs for cell networks
... Cal Berkeley's TIER center. Facebook wants to spur the further spread of cellular networks to isolated communities through open source hardware ...

Xiaomi's new Mi 5 offers flagship hardware at an affordable price
... lot of money to get your hands on a flagship smartphone. Its new Mi 5, which is the successor to the popular Mi 4, offers top of the line hardware ...

iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 said to debut in March with killer hardware
Apple is expected to unveil both the iPhone 5se and the iPad Air 3 in March and a new report claims they're going to launch with top-notch hardware. ...

Cisco Systems, Inc Joins Hands With Ericsson, Intel for 5G Routers - BidnessEtc - Hardware - By Martin ...
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) has announced that it will work with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) to make the ...

Why hardware vendors need to sell Google and Facebook lousier products if they want to survive
Last month, Google's VP of Infrastructure made an unusual request to computer hardware manufacturers: build hard drives that are less reliable. ...

Why Restoration Hardware fell short
It's now common for US companies to concoct ever more fanciful excuses for missing profit targets. Breakingviews reports.

Cisco Beefing Up Red-Hot Security Portfolio With High-Performance Hardware, Software And Services
Investor's Business Daily Cisco Beefing Up Red-Hot Security Portfolio With High-Performance Hardware, Software And Services CRN Coming off ...