difference usb and usb 2

Hello,

I have a pc and a laptop.
I know for sure that my laptop has usb2,
but I don't really know if my pc has usb2.

When I go to 'Device Manager' on my laptop or pc, I see nothing that tells
me it's usb2.  So I can't really know.

Is there a way (a tool or so) to detect if I have usb2 on my pc?
I already tried AIDA, but I can't find it.

Crock,

comp.sys.intel 2504 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

crocky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a pc and a laptop.
> I know for sure that my laptop has usb2,
> but I don't really know if my pc has usb2.
>
> When I go to 'Device Manager' on my laptop or pc, I see nothing that
> tells me it's usb2.  So I can't really know.
>
> Is there a way (a tool or so) to detect if I have usb2 on my pc?
> I already tried AIDA, but I can't find it.

Look for the Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI)  USB inside the
Device Manager. Those would be your USB 2.0 controller.

    Yousuf Khan

0
bbbl67 (507)
9/25/2004 8:14:14 AM
thank you very much.

It seemed I had to update my Intel USB drivers to get usb2 working...

USB 1 with USB 2 external USB devices?
I notice some hardware (scanners, printers...) are advertised as having USB 2. I have a flat-panel iMac with USB 1. Is it possible to plug in a USB 2 device to one of my USB ports? Would it work (though presumably not as fast as if plugged into a USB 2 port? Alternatively, can the USB 1 be swapped out for a new USB 2 thingy? At all? Easily??? If these are silly questions, my apologies. I'm a non-techie throwback to the old SCSI days, and USB/Firewire leave me bamboozled, but I don't want to buy gear that won't work with my machine (and I don't have the funds to replace t...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

What specification usb is in sgi 320 usb 1 or usb 2
looking at device connection using usb iceclown wrote: > looking at device connection using usb The SGI320 is too old for USB2. It has USB1 ports, which are not fully compatible with all USB devices... Better get an USB or USB2 PCI card... Benjamin thanks, come to think of it the fact it doesn't mention specification of usb port indicates early version ...

Really a difference in USB 2 Hubs? #2
Hello all: I have about ten USB 2 drives hooked up to a computer that does a lot of work with video. Are there really any differences in USB 2 hubs? If I have disk access to several drives going on through a hub things slow up. Is there a hardware solution to "switch" bandwith better through certain brands of USB 2 hubs? I'm willing to pay a lot more to get several good hubs . . . Any help is appreciated. Andrew In article <1173023449.417404.326040@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, <mansfield.andrew@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all: > > I have about ten USB 2 drives hooked up to a computer that does a lot > of work with video. > > Are there really any differences in USB 2 hubs? If I have disk > access > to several drives going on through a hub things slow up. Is there a > hardware solution to "switch" bandwith better through certain brands > of USB 2 hubs? I'm willing to pay a lot more to get several good > hubs . . . > > Any help is appreciated. > It's more a limitation of the USB protocol. USB2 gives a maximum burst throughput of 480kbps, but that is shared by all the devices on that particular bus (i.e. that port on your computer). Thus, if you have a number of devices vying for the resources, they'll all be going slower than if they were the only device on the bus. You don't mention which computer you're using. If possible (i.e. if there are enough physical USB2 p...

How to tell USB 1 or USB 2?
How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Thanks, Anthony In article <f0a79190.0402251052.2265babc@posting.google.com>, anthony <ajc1961@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Run the System Profiler application. Click USB, then USB Bus. If it saya "Up to 12 Mb/sec," you have USB 1.1. If it's something higher than that, it's USB 2. (As I don't have USB 2, I'm not positive of the USB 2 speed figure, but I believe it's 480Mbps.) -- Garner R. Miller Manchester, CT =USA= ...

How Do I Know I Have USB 2 or USB In My Computer?
I recently bought a computer and don't have the documentation. It has several USB ports but I don't know if I have USB 2 or USB. I go to Control Panel and Device Manager and it shows that I have USB but doesn't really indicate that I have USB 2. Can I tell by looking at the physical USB to tell I have USB or USB 2? Also in Device Manager it does say USB and has some numbers but nothing that says USB 2. I think the numbers are Universal Host Controler 2442 and 2444. I went to www.usb.org but didn't find anything as basic as mentioning how you can tell what USB ver...

USB 2.0
Hi all: In order to connect to an external 2.5 harddisk with USB, I have tried three different USB 2.0 PCMCIA (Cardbus) cards (Belkin, Dynex and Zonet) on my Compaq Presario 2197 (AMD Athlon XP 2800). The cards can all be recognized, but only on the Zonet card the hard drive is recognized. Even so, the speed is very slow. Transfering a file of 1GB will take about 25-27 minutes. I have also tried an Acomdata external harddrive, which works great with an IBM laptop, and see the same thing. BTW, the time for transfering a 1GB file on the IBM is about 6-7 minutes. It is not as quick as ...

USB Drive does not work on USB 2.0
I have an external 3.5" hard drive in a USB 2.0 enclosure that I have been attaching to USB 1.1 ports on several different computers for over a year without any problems. I have just recently installed a USB 2.0 PCI card in my computer for faster download speeds. However, when I plug my external drive into one of the USB 2.0 ports the device seems to install just fine, but when I go to access the drive, it shows up as a different drive letter than it always has before and when I go to access the drive I get the error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. ...

Upgrade laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock In news:477d8500$0$32673$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au, Rock typed on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:57:43 +1100: > Hi, > > I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 t...

USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
Dear all, Could I use a win32 function to get the USB port is suport USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? I want to write a program to access the USB devices and show them is in the USB 1.1 or USB 2.0. Could everyone help me to find the function call? Or where I can find any relative information? Thanks. ---Ted Hi, Well, removable ms-dos devices such as USBs can be accessed through the \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive#. Call the API QueryDosDevice(), and get a list of all existing MS-DOS device names. You can also use the function DefineDosDevice() to define the device name as well. That said, whe...

Change laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock ...

USB HDD 20GB USB 2.0
Please can anyone tell me if this is OK? I really need some feedback, as I've got major storage problems!!! Ta http://www.ok2bid.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl?item=471073511735 ...

Re: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB? #2
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 01:46:56 GMT, DevilsPGD wrote: > Depending on the device design, the chargers may or may not be > interchangeable. I'm currently charging my girlfriend's Blackberry on > a Motorola USB charger I purchased for my Razr. Hi DevilsPGD, The part of your statement that gets me is the part that says U S B. If it's USB, then it should be USB. Right? For example, like you, I also have a Blackberry and a Motorola Razr. Here is a pairing of USB DEVICE requirements with the USB POWER SUPPLY capabilities: DEVICE = Blackberry 8700 SUPPLY = TCPRIM2ULSSN 5.0vdc 750mA DEVICE = Motorola V195 SUPPLY = PSM5037B 5.9vdc 375mA DEVICE = Motorola RAZR SUPPLY = DCH3-05US-0300 5.0vdc 550mA DEVICE = Motorola Earbud SUPPLY = FMP5185B 5.2vdc 450mA Can I "assume" if I hook the Motorola V195's USB power supply (5.9vdc 375mA) to the Blackberry 8700 device, that the Blackberry will be getting more voltage than it 'expected' and that the current it will try to suck out of the charger will be more than expected (due to the higher voltage), yet the current the power supply can supply will be half of what it expected (due to the 375 mA limitation of the power supply). If this is true, this implies that USB chargers are NOT interchangable! (The T-Mobile store clerks just might have been right.) But, what irks me is they all have the SAME CONNECTIONS! They all "LOOK" the same to me!...

USB 2 printer and a USB 1 computer
Hi, I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause problems ? Ton -- Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery - Added a PDP 8 On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:31:36 +0200, "Ton den Hartog" <tonh@xs4all.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 >interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause >problems ? > Most USB 2 devices are backword campatable to USB 1.1 and maybe 1. I would try and if doesn't work you can purchase a USB 2 PCI card cheap $10-$20 Most computer stores do carry them. Note there are PCMCA USB 2 card also but they are not cheap at about $80. Gordon If the printer has the official USB logo on it it has to be backwards compatible "Ton den Hartog" <tonh@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:3f6b83ca$0$58706$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hi, > > I have a computer with USB 1 and want to buy a printer with a USB 2 > interface. I also have a couple of other USB 1 devices. Does this cause > problems ? > > Ton > > > -- > Computer museum tonh: http://www.tonh.net > GGGallery website generator: http://www.tonh.net/gggallery > - Added a PDP 8 > > [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a cop...

USB devices (thru' USB/Firewire card) won't mount in OS9.2.2
Anyone got any ideas/solutions? My beige G3 tower has a USB/Firewire PCI card fitted, but although the card shows up in Profiler, any USB devices attached don't show up on the desktop. Not the worst situation except that I have bought a new Edirol USB audio/MIDI interface and want to use it, but I can't. In desperation I have zeroed all data on the main hard drive and a secondary (attached on a PCI card and done a clean re-install of the system (OS9.2.2), but still nothing. The only difference to the G� being pure is that the G3 uses a Sonnet G4 1Ghz upgrade chip, tho' I can't ...

1 USB to 2 via USB Hub chip?
I am looking at a Atmel micro that supports 1 HS USB Host/OTG interface. I have a need for at least 2 HS interfaces. Are there any issues connecting the 1 HS USB Host interface to a USB Controller chip? Is there any Glue Logic or SW needed to support this beyond normal USB stacks (like in linux)? Thanks! --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com ...

USB/USB devices
Hi, I'll show my ignorance and ask: Do USB devices work seamlessly on Macs and PCs (with USB ports)? Do USB mouses and USB keyboards just plug into a 800MHz 12in iBook? Where? (You'll see elsewhere I'm looking for a .pdf manual so I will then know what the various "plug-holes" - ports? - are for.) I've just got this machine and find the trackpad fiddly, similarly for the keyboard, so I was going to plug in the keyboard and mouse to overcome these concerns. Can I plug in a pair of speakers (again are USB speakers universal to Mac and PC)? How m...

All USB & only USB
We were kicking around some ideas today for low-performance embedded systems for quick and dirty solutions to simple tasks. We often throw a BasicX controller (http://www.basicx.com/) at such problems, which is fine until we need to communicate with the user; adding keypads, LCD displays, etc. is a bit of a PITA. So we started talking USB microcontrollers. Once you have a USB port, using USB keyboards, mice, 10-key keypads, etc. for input is a no brainer, but what of the display? A quick web search didn't turn up any obvious candidates. Then someone came up with the idea of using a U...

USB - internet
Hello Is anybody develop (or work with) connection USB - internet - USB connection?! I want read/write from USB and "simultanisly" transfer flow true internet to another computer.... -- Best regards, Joze ...

USB 2.0 problem: Could USB stick have been the cause?
I recently had my T41's (2373-3kg) mother board replaced (on warranty) because of the problem described on the following page: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_USB_2.0 In short: My USB 2.0 ports stopped working properly under LINUX and under Windows. Now, I wonder whether the cause of the problem could be the following unorthodox USB memory stick. It was the last new USB device that I bought before the problem started to occur. http://www.ocztechnology.com/images/products/accessories/b/Mini_Kart2.jpg Any idea? Also, could the new mother board die in the same way that t...

Ethernet over usb possible between usb host and usb client?
Hello! Is it possible to create a tcp/ip link over usb where one side is client and the other is host? I have usb-ethernet support in my kernel and can bring up the host usb device with ifconfig but not the client. -- Regards, Justin Todd Software Designer Argon Security Technologies Inc. ...

FS: USB 2.0 Liberator, USB To Ipod
FS: USB 2.0 Liberator, USB To Ipod http://www.cmcomp.com Transfer files to and from iPod=AE 3G, 4G, 5G, iPod mini and iPod nano models using this 12" high-speed USB 2.0 cable. This cord can also charge the battery in these players (except the 3G model) from any 5V USB port. iPod not included. ...

USB 2.0 in dos when booting from usb hdd
OK, see if you can follow me here. It's a bit confusing: I have a USB 2.0 external harddisk formatted so it's bootable. I have a Dell Optiplex GX270 capable of booting to USB-devices. BUT: the build in dell drivers are only usb 1.1! I know there are usb 2.0 drivers for dos (usbaspi.sys and di1000dd.sys) and if I boot from i.e. a floppy, loading the drivers then it will all work fine. But I don't want to! I want to boot from my usb-disk. Impossible, you say?? NO! When you load the usbaspi.sys, the dell drivers loose their grip on the usb-disk and then di1000dd.sys a...

USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0
Recently; i found myself over at Best Buy and Found a Toshiba Hard Drive,= =20 1 Tb for $99 and i thought; 'That is too good to be true.' and also; Toshiba ??? Would they betray me ? So i bought it. And i did get it to work a little bit, which would suggest that the USB 3.0= cable that came with it, Would work with my MacBook and its USB 2.0 Vulvas= ,=20 but it didn't work very well. The Plug was 'Wiggly' And the Cable that came= with it was like 4 inches long, and it is Very Difficult to find an Extens= ion Cable for this sort of thing. i wanted to just dr...

Web resources about - difference usb and usb 2 - comp.sys.intel

NAB Challenge: On-fire Fyfe the difference as Fremantle edge Adelaide
Nat Fyfe didn't appear to get out of first gear in Fremantle's thrilling two-point NAB Challenge win over Adelaide at Mount Barker on Sunday. ...

Matildas achieve target of boosting goal difference with 9-0 Olympic qualifier win over Vietnam
Australia's goal avalanche at the expense of a hapless Vietnam provides an important boost says Matildas captain Clare Polkinghorne.

Can voters tell the difference between a Trump quote and a Hitler quote?
How can one compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler? One is a highly successful businessman turned presidential candidate with absolutely no consistency ...

Bulpett: Celtics made bid for Jimmy Butler in search of 'difference maker'
We were told repeatedly in the days leading up to the NBA trade deadline the Celtics were pushing hard to muster their assets and buy themselves ...

Byron York: Trump Exposed ‘Enormous Difference’ Between Republican Elitist and Voters on Issues
Byron York: Trump Exposed 'Enormous Difference' Between Republican Elitist and Voters on Issues

Sanders stresses differences with Clinton in Super Tuesday run-up
"I don't go to Wall Street in the morning and talk to unions in the afternoon," senator tells steelworkers

Turkish PM visits Iran despite differences on Syria
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iranian state TV says Turkey's prime minister has met with Iranian officials to discuss Syria, where the two nations back ...