Left mouse click problem

I have a Lenovo R61 from December 2007
with Windows XP.

Suddenly, it is not possible to make a left mouse click.

Right mouse click works.

I try to click on the touch pad,
upper left button, lower left button,
no click possible.

Mouse over effects work fine, only left clicking not possible

Any idea?
--
Roland M�sl - PEGE - http://www.pege.org
Planetary Engineering Group Earth

On 3/4/2011 7:04 AM, Roland M�sl wrote:
> I have a Lenovo R61 from December 2007
> with Windows XP.
>
> Suddenly, it is not possible to make a left mouse click.
>
> Right mouse click works.
>
> I try to click on the touch pad,
> upper left button, lower left button,
> no click possible.
>
> Mouse over effects work fine, only left clicking not possible
>
> Any idea?

Use a duster to blow out foreign object jammed under the left click pad?

Or failing that, replace the unit.  Not a tough R&R.  Get the R61 HMM.
0
News

How to mimic Left Click or double click of mouse on Win32 on Mac OS
Hello. An Win32 application written in wxWindows takes actions on left click and left double click. When porting the codes onto Mac, how can those mouse Events be mimiced or simulated ? Thanks ming --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org On Apr 13, 2005, at 12:01 PM, Xu, Ming (NIH/NLM/NCBI) wrote: > Hello. > > An Win32 application written in wxWindows takes actions on left click > and > lef...

Left mouse click
Hi, Im very new to Javascript and i'm in the very early learning stages. My question is: I have a web page with 8 links on, i want to disable the left mouse click on 6 of these links but still be able to use right click to "save target as" I still want 2 of the links to operate normally with left click. I have managed to get most of this working but the problem i have is the 2 links i want to left click on won't work because the left click has been disabled on the whole page. I have searched and searched the net for answers to my problem with no luck. I know the leftclic...

on left mouse click
Hi, I created a button click callback for my marker object: set(h,'ButtonDownFcn','move_object(''startMove'')'); Everything works fine except now I want it to happen for left mouse button clicks only. I tried using "[x,y,button] = ginput(0);" in my move_object program with the intention of returning if button is not 1. Except I get button is empty. Is there something like a onleftmousebutton callback in matlab? Thanks, Bill "Bill " <william.a.borghard@lmco.com> wrote in message news:fp4f1i$qrj$1@fred.mathworks.com... > H...

Left Mouse Click
Is it possible to detect when the left mouse button is clicked in Labview 8.0? &nbsp; Thanks Tim &nbsp; &nbsp; If you do a search in the "Help:Find Examples" using the keyword mouse you will find an example called Basic Input Demo.vi which shows how to get info from a number of input devices, including the mouse. In the lower part of the diagram, connected to the mouse refnum, is a vi calle Acquire Input Data.vi, with an output of "button 1" which is the left button pressed signal. On mine, with a Dell scroll mouse, button 2 is the right button. &nbsp; &...

How to detect key pressed plus mouse click, e.g., ctrl + left click
I know how to detect a mouse click and I know how to return a key's value, but I can't figure out how to detect the combination of key + mouse. I need to detect when a user presses the ctrl key and clicks a mouse button. Can someone point the way? TIA, -- Joey "Joey@still_Learning.invalid" <Joey@still_Learning.invalid> wrote on 21 feb 2014 in comp.lang.javascript: > I know how to detect a mouse click and I know how to return a key's value, > but I can't figure out how to detect the combination of key + mouse. I > need to detect when a user presses the ctrl key and clicks a mouse button. > Can someone point the way? Indeed you are still learning, 10 seconds googling gave me an answer: <http://www.javascripter.net/faq/ctrl_alt.htm> -- Evertjan. The Netherlands. (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress) Evertjan. wrote: >"Joey@still_Learning.invalid" <Joey@still_Learning.invalid> wrote on 21 feb >2014 in comp.lang.javascript: > >> I know how to detect a mouse click and I know how to return a key's value, >> but I can't figure out how to detect the combination of key + mouse. I >> need to detect when a user presses the ctrl key and clicks a mouse button. >> Can someone point the way? > >Indeed you are still learning, 10 seconds googling gave me an answer: > ><http://www.javascripter.net/faq/ctrl_alt...

laptop not charging, power supply problem or laptop problem?
I have a five year old Compaq Presario M2000 laptop that will not charge or run on ac power anymore. It still powers up fine on battery power, but once the battery runs out, it'll be over... I have had issues in the past with the power connector on this laptop, but was always able to fix the problem by resoldering the connector to the board. This time, no luck. I'm wondering if the power adapter may now be bad. But I hate to spend $40+ on a new power adapter (or more for a universal adapter) without knowing for sure that is the problem. Is there a way to test the power adapter? I...

right and left clicks of mouse
Hello, Is it possible to create seperate functions for right and left clicks of the mouse. Matlab provides a "WindowButtonDownFcn", but it does not differentiate between right and left mouse clicks. I would appreciate any suggestion in this regard. Thanks Amar Amar Chawla wrote: > > > Hello, > Is it possible to create seperate functions for right and left > clicks > of the mouse. Matlab provides a "WindowButtonDownFcn", but it does > not differentiate between right and left mouse clicks. > > I would appreciate any suggestion in this regard. >...

Simulating a mouse left click
hi, I want to move the mouse pointer and then simulate a mouse left click.&nbsp; I found the code attached on another post which seems to work fine in moving the pointer.&nbsp; I now need to simulate the click, can anyone tell me how this can be done? &nbsp; I thought i found some code on another post to do this but the vi needed to simulate the click was missing so do not know how it was done. &nbsp; Thanks Stop saver.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/157723/1/Stop saver.vi There have actually been quite a few threads where this was shown. Here's an example. ...

Mouse click burrowing problem
I apologise for the lengthy explanation but I hope it is clear. All objects must be produced on the fly, not ready made components. In generic terms, I want a large board on top of which are say 4 smaller boards side by side all touching and covering the lower board. On each of the 4 top boards I want say 50 squares, all of which touch side by side, and completely cover the boards below. I want the first board to be a TobjectList containing the 4 TObjectLists for the upper boards which in turn each contain the list of 50 square objects. I want to click (the position of) any squ...

FileListBox and left mouse click?
Hi to all and thanks for any replays. I posted this one in the other Delphi NG and did'nt get a replay. Maybe I'm more lucky here. If I click with the left Mousebutton on a file in the Filebox then this file is dispayed as a graph. I want to display the data of this file in a memo when I right click the right Mousebutton. How ever the Filebox.ItemIndex does not work as with the left button. It shows the highligthed file, but not the file I right click on. Do you know how to fix this or a way around? Regards Gery www.zip.com.au/~gprdata Have a great day, and ...

simulation of left mouse click
Hi All. I was looking for this script for some time now But still didmf fined a salution. Pls help I need a script that simulates a left mouse click on specified area of the screen when the page is loaded. Any idea? Thank you MikeLory wrote: > I was looking for this script for some time now > But still didmf fined a salution. Pls help > I need a script that simulates a left mouse click on specified area of > the screen when the page is loaded. Any idea? Thank you You need to find a javascript group as this is something done on the client side. PHP is run on the web server and no...

Mouse double-click problems
Hello, One thing that really bugs me about the linux GUI is mouse double-clicking. I'm not sure where exactly to direct my complaint, though; is this an X-Windows thing? The problem is that when you double-click an item successfully (i.e. the second click was soon enough after the first that the system considered it a "double click" and not two single clicks), you can't double-click again until after some timeout has passed. The result is that if I'm using a file manager (Nautilus on Gnome, for example) and I double-click on a folder and then immediately on one of its...

mouse double click problem
Hi, The u/i of my Java application has the following problem. Inside a panel a mouse double click causes a popup of another window. In that window there is a JList with some items. One of these items must be selected based on a previous selection. However, if the mouse is positioned such that it covers the JList, then the item at the mouse pointer becomes erroneously selected. Probably, due to the second click of the mouse. I tried to consume() the current mouseEvent, but no success. Is there a way to clear all pending mouseEvents? Or does somebody know another solution? Thanks, Tis Veu...

Disabling mouse click on laptops
I'd like to disable the click action inside emacs for the mouse on a laptop since I often touch touchpad inadvertedly, at best I'd like to move it to double clik. I'm pretty sure I had this configuration some time ago but I can't remeber how I set it up. TIA sandro *:-) Sandro Dentella <sandro@bluff.diade.it> wrote in message news:<slrncng03m.u8h.sandro@bluff.diade.it>... > I'd like to disable the click action inside emacs for the mouse on a laptop > since I often touch touchpad inadvertedly, at best I'd like to move it to > double clik. I'm...

Click, click... Clicks ignored: generic Windows problem?
Starting 2-3 years ago I noticed fairly often that I'd have to click things multiple times to get them to act as if they'd been clicked just once. Mainly in IE at first -- I'd click a link and it would show a dotted line around it, indicating that the click had registered, but the browser would do nothing -- no network activity, no status indications to suggest it was making any attempt whatsoever to follow the link. When I switched to Firefox I noticed the same behavior in Firefox, occurring about as frequently. Repeated clicking eventually produces a reaction. (Al...

Left Mouse Button Clicks Butting?
When we dispatch an event from button A's ActionListener onto Button B, if the event specifies a left mouse button click, it seems to be nullified, i.e. ineffective. Does someone know the cause of the problem and solution? <code> /*pseudo code*/ AbuttonActionListener{ actionPerformed(){ Bbutton.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent( ......., 3 /*or 2*/)): //BUTTON3 or 2 } } //....This works fine ------------------------------- AbuttonActionListener{ actionPerformed(){ Bbutton.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent( ......., 1)): //BUTTON1==LeftMouseButton } } //....This doesn't wo...

Mouse Pointer problem after clicking RTB
This is a problem that occurs only in the compiled version of my VB6 application -- not when testing it in the IDE. I have a click event associated with a RTB. It shows a modal form. In the compiled version, when I click the RTB, the modal form appears as it should, but the mouse pointer is an I-beam, no matter over which control you place it. (It should be an arrow if it is not over a text box.) And nothing happens when you click any control the first time. You must click twice. If you start typing in a text box when the form appears, the pointer disappears and will only reappear after you c...

mouse event: left button click
hi! can anyone tell me how to use the left button click of the mouse to perform an action? thnx!! cherry wrote: > > > hi! > can anyone tell me how to use the left button click of the mouse to > perform an action? > thnx!! help waitforbuttonpress WAITFORBUTTONPRESS Wait for key/buttonpress over figure. T = WAITFORBUTTONPRESS stops program execution until a key or mouse button is pressed over a figure window. Returns 0 when terminated by a mouse buttonpress, or 1 when terminated by a keypress. Additional information about the terminating event is available from the curre...

problem with left+right mouse down+up on Mac
I'm having an issue with right and left mouse button events on OSX. I use a two button mouse, and when both buttons are down at the same time, the subsequent button up events get mangled. I looked at the code in src/mac/carbon/toplevel.cpp, specifically the SetupMouseEvent method, and see that there's a snippet in there that is trying to adjust for control-clicks that are interpreted as right-clicks. this appears to be by design but is causing me problems... I would even call it a bug perhaps void SetupMouseEvent( wxMouseEvent &wxevent , wxMacCarbonEvent...

Suspend Problem (Again) on Thinkpad 760EL Laptop
Greetings. Back in December I got a lot of great help from this group regarding my 760EL that went suddently into suspend mode. Several folks suggested cleaning both the under the keyboard switch and the other one in the back. After that it seemd to work fine. I even bought a new battery and even sucessfuly updated the BIOS. The laptop seemed to be fairly reliable on several occasions at that time, however I hadn't used it much in the past 6 months or so. Yesterday, I was using the laptop and this ******* suspend thing recurred. It also felt a bit warm to touch underneath, because I w...

Double Click mouse event problems
I tried to post this a few seconds ago and isn't showing. My apologies if it posts twice. I am creating a Windows application: The mouse event <Double-Button-1> has a conflict when the <Button-1> event also has a binding. Double clicks will first perform the single click action. This seems a little silly. Anyone know how to circumvent this? Right now I am having the function that is bound to the double click event undo the action the single click event performs. This is annoying and it flashes the single click event for a split second before the double click takes over. ...

ACER laptop problems with keyboard and mouse
In June there was a thread with Dan Shelby, God and mike under the heading" Toshiba Keyboard problems. Unfortunately it is not on the server anymore, because they might have dealt with the same problem as we have on my grandsons ACER. The keyboard and mouse do not work. We have runned the installation disc with no result. Are there any hope for recovery and how ? best regards Ib's granddad ...

Hogwasher & mouse click problem
Anybody using HW under Lion? When I click with the left mouse button, I get the contextual menu that normally (and still does) comes up when clicking the right button or Control-click (left button). Anybody else have this experience? I'd like to know if this is just an issue of a Lion-incompatible app, or if there's a fix. And please let's not start down the road of "do you know how old that app is..." Thanks, Dave On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:50:23 -0500, DaveC wrote (in article <0001HW.CADFFD5F00007AB3B01849DF@news.eternal-september.org>): > Anybody using ...

This code requires the user 2 click the mouse twice, how do i do it in just one mouse-click?
Hello, At present my Google Map marker zooms in on the first onclick and then opens its Infowindow on the second click - i want to combine the zoom and opening of the infowindow to a single click of the mouse. This is currently accomplished by the following code: map.setCenter(marker.getPoint(),maxZoom,G_SATELLITE_MAP); marker.openInfoWindowHtml("<div id='iw' style='padding:5px'>" + info + "</div>",{maxContent: html, maxTitle: infotitle, noCloseOnClick: true}); Could someone kindly show me how to solve this issue? Many thanks Daniish a �...

Web resources about - Left mouse click problem - comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad

The problem with Dr Google
When Fairfax's Harriet Alexander takes her son to hospital with red, puffy eyes, she learns an important lesson about taking health advice from ...

Marco Rubio Has a Second Amendment Problem
... in 1999, he voted to ban guns from local parks. Now, politicians make mistakes. And honest politicians “fess up” and move on. Rubio's problem ...

SpaceX’s new rocket fuel is causing problems with a mission that the company will try to launch for the ...
... Elon Musk has suffered a series of setbacks that have led it to postpone the same launch three different times. The root of the problem is ...

A push to fix Detroit's housing problem
In a unique Detroit housing program, select lenders are offering guaranteed second mortgages as a way to make up for appraisal gaps.

Feds: Here’s Another HUGE Problem With Green Energy
Feds: Here’s Another HUGE Problem With Green Energy

Donald Trump poses a problem for a Republican senator in Alabama
... of Tuesday with a big enough chunk of the vote to avoid a run-off. That's thanks to the fact that Donald Trump is on the ballot, and the problem ...

The Problem with Reactionary Marketing
The Problem with Reactionary Marketing written by Alex Boyer read more at Duct Tape Marketing Digital marketing is constantly changing, and ...

Futures Edge Up Ahead of Monday's Open After China Throws More Money At It's Problem
Stock futures are up slightly ahead of Monday's open. Overnight the G-20 meeting of finance minsters and central bank governors ended in a stalemate ...

Bundy's million-dollar herd of ornery cattle giving feds a meaty problem
Bundy's million-dollar herd of ornery cattle giving feds a meaty problem