USB 2.0 problem: Could USB stick have been the cause?

I recently had my T41's (2373-3kg) mother board replaced (on warranty)
because of the problem described on the following page:

  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_USB_2.0

In short: My USB 2.0 ports stopped working properly under LINUX and
under Windows.

Now, I wonder whether the cause of the problem could be the following
unorthodox USB memory stick.  It was the last new USB device that I
bought before the problem started to occur.

  http://www.ocztechnology.com/images/products/accessories/b/Mini_Kart2.jpg

Any idea?

Also, could the new mother board die in the same way that the original
board died? Or does the new mother board have some kind of bug fix?

--
Felix E. Klee

0
Felix
1/14/2007 9:22:32 AM
comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad 817 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow