2 Port USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA) not recognized by Windows Explorer

Hi,

I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was
related to power source.  (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with
a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks
has... therefore, not useful...)

I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in
both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600.  Looks like
installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB
port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up
in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I insert in
the USB drives on the notebook themselves.)

I'm helping a friend upgrade her Toshiba so that she can use a Maxtor
external drive.

Ideas appreciated.

dzinn

dzinn <dzinndzinn2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Hi,

: I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was
: related to power source.  (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with
: a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks
: has... therefore, not useful...)

: I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in
: both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600.  Looks like
: installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB
: port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up
: in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I insert in
: the USB drives on the notebook themselves.)

: I'm helping a friend upgrade her Toshiba so that she can use a Maxtor
: external drive.

: Ideas appreciated.

Hmm.  I got a USB 2.0 PC Card from D-Link that does not even provide for
an external power source.  I am aware of the limitation that devices
that require power from the USB port may not work.  But so far, the
few devices I have tried (CF card reader with microdrive, USB mouse)
that don't have external power supplies have worked just fine.
Perhaps your thumb drive requires too much power (unlikely) from the
USB port?

And my TDK DVD burner, which has its own power source, also works
fine.  I'm guessing a Maxtor external hard drive will also be
self-powered and would with this kind of card also.

Have you tried other USB devices besides the thumb drive in the new
card?  Which operating system do these laptops have?

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
 ----> http://www.bizave.com  <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info

First of all, most all USB 2 chips are NEC
That being said, Win98 needs drivers
XP is plug and play but you do need service pack one, do the Windows
Update and you will find some USB 2.0 packs
Sounds like it has installed as USB 1.0,a nd of course it will not
work properly that way

On 3 Jan 2004 01:12:24 -0800, dzinndzinn2002@yahoo.com (dzinn) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was
>related to power source.  (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with
>a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks
>has... therefore, not useful...)
>
>I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in
>both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600.  Looks like
>installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB
>port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up
>in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I insert in
>the USB drives on the notebook themselves.)
>
>I'm helping a friend upgrade her Toshiba so that she can use a Maxtor
>external drive.
>
>Ideas appreciated.
>
>dzinn

0
scosgt (250)
1/3/2004 10:03:27 PM
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comments!

I have a USB mouse that I could try to see if the USB port works with
that -- good idea... I don't have any other USB items at the moment
(travelling).

Guess I should get brave & open the Maxtor box & give it a try.  But
I'm doing this for a friend & worried that I won't get re-imbursed if
the Maxtor doesn't work.  Think I'll give them a call & ask if I
should go ahead.

Maxtor does have its own power source.

I'm on Windows XP Pro.

All help greatly appreciated.
dzinn

usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com (Andrew) wrote in message news:<zcasdrkruaxcfy2784645400609@bizaveMYSHOES.com>...
> dzinn <dzinndzinn2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> : Hi,
>
> : I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was
> : related to power source.  (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with
> : a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks
> : has... therefore, not useful...)
>
> : I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in
> : both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600.  Looks like
> : installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB
> : port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up
> : in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I insert in
> : the USB drives on the notebook themselves.)
>
> : I'm helping a friend upgrade her Toshiba so that she can use a Maxtor
> : external drive.
>
> : Ideas appreciated.
>
> Hmm.  I got a USB 2.0 PC Card from D-Link that does not even provide for
> an external power source.  I am aware of the limitation that devices
> that require power from the USB port may not work.  But so far, the
> few devices I have tried (CF card reader with microdrive, USB mouse)
> that don't have external power supplies have worked just fine.
> Perhaps your thumb drive requires too much power (unlikely) from the
> USB port?
>
> And my TDK DVD burner, which has its own power source, also works
> fine.  I'm guessing a Maxtor external hard drive will also be
> self-powered and would with this kind of card also.
>
> Have you tried other USB devices besides the thumb drive in the new
> card?  Which operating system do these laptops have?
>
> Andrew

I have the exactly the same problem with my Dell 5150 notebook with Xp
Home.  The OS recognize the pc card, but when I plug in a mouse onto
the usb port, nothing happen.  But when I plug the power cord to the
ps2 port and it works fine....hm.. I thought the pc card could draw
enough power without the any external power to run the mouse.

scosgt@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Markowitz) wrote in message news:<3ff73d9b.1591041@news-server.optonline.net>...
> First of all, most all USB 2 chips are NEC
> That being said, Win98 needs drivers
> XP is plug and play but you do need service pack one, do the Windows
> Update and you will find some USB 2.0 packs
> Sounds like it has installed as USB 1.0,a nd of course it will not
> work properly that way
>
> On 3 Jan 2004 01:12:24 -0800, dzinndzinn2002@yahoo.com (dzinn) wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was
> >related to power source.  (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with
> >a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks
> >has... therefore, not useful...)
> >
> >I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in
> >both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600.  Looks like
> >installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB
> >port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up
> >in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I insert in
> >the USB drives on the notebook themselves.)
> >
> >I'm helping a friend upgrade her Toshiba so that she can use a Maxtor
> >external drive.
> >
> >Ideas appreciated.
> >
> >dzinn
0
tim_law (1)
1/7/2004 2:24:49 AM
tim <tim_law@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Hi,

: I have the exactly the same problem with my Dell 5150 notebook with Xp
: Home.  The OS recognize the pc card, but when I plug in a mouse onto
: the usb port, nothing happen.  But when I plug the power cord to the
: ps2 port and it works fine....hm.. I thought the pc card could draw
: enough power without the any external power to run the mouse.

It's the voltage, not the power.  A PC Card slot can't supply 5 volts
that USB specifies.  I'm guessing 3.3v is supplied but may not work
with some unpowered devices.  I know that my Logitech LED mouse works
fine off of my unpowered D-link USB card.  Perhaps some mice can work
with 3.3v, others can't.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
 ----> http://www.bizave.com  <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #2
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! ...

USB 2.0 pcmcia card not recognized
I have a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card installed in a Sager NP8880 laptop running Win XP Pro. SP 1. P4 2.2, Intel 845 chipset. The card is not recognized and cannot be used on the Sager. It is, however, recognized on my Dell 5000e PIII 700 running Win XP SP 1 and works flawlessly with my USB 2.0 hard drive. Any ideas ? Mark mchariff <mchariff@bellsouth.net> wrote: : I have a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card installed in a Sager NP8880 laptop running Win : XP Pro. SP 1. P4 2.2, Intel 845 chipset. The card is not recognized and : cannot be used on the Sager. It is, however, recognized on my Dell 5000e : PIII 700 running Win XP SP 1 and works flawlessly with my USB 2.0 hard : drive. : Any ideas ? What do you mean "not recognized"? When you plug it in to the Sager, Windows acts as if nothing has happened? If not, what does happen? Does Device Manager show anything at all for this device - such as a yellow (!) ? Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- ******************************************************************* ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address ******************************************************************* There is no yellow ! mark in Device Manager. When I plug my USB 2.0 hard drive into it, I don't see it in device manager and thusly, cannot access the drive. In other words, Windows acts as though nothing has been put into the PCMCIA slot. At ...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! ...

Pcmcia Cardbus USB 2.0 hangs Windows XP.
Hello all. Hardware: Toshiba S1410-902 with the latest BIOS. Pcmcia "St Lab USB 2.0" Cardbus with two USB 2.0 slots. Software: Windows XP SP2 with all updates from WinUpdate. I applied drivers from pcmcia CD-ROM. Problem: I put pcmcia, start laptop and system hangs on booting. I can see only Windows XP splash screen on startup. Progress bar doesn't proceed. After uninstalling all "Pcmcia adapters" from device manager, system boots OK and I can see desktop. But... after instant of time system hangs again. I suppose it happen after Windows automatically install all "pcmcia adapters". I put pcmcia in two different slots - doesn't helped. What is the problem? Where can I find solution? Best regards. -- Sailor Ok just curious - not knowing whatt I am doing, I'd just like to know - you say you put in card and turned on the computer - what happens if you wait until the computer boots up completely, and then insert the card into the slot? ----------------------- On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:24:16 +0100, Sailor <sailor-at-aluzja.net> wrote: >Hello all. > >Hardware: >Toshiba S1410-902 with the latest BIOS. >Pcmcia "St Lab USB 2.0" Cardbus with two USB 2.0 slots. > >Software: >Windows XP SP2 with all updates from WinUpdate. >I applied drivers from pcmcia CD-ROM. > >Problem: >I put pcmcia, start laptop and system hangs on booting. I can see only >Windows XP splash screen on startup....

Dynex 2-Port USB 2.0 PCI Card sucks chrome from a trailer hitch?
I cannot get this USB card to successfully install (or even boot!) in my 8364. Does Dynex suck, or am I just confused? Louis Ohland wrote: > I cannot get this USB card to successfully install (or even boot!) in > my 8364. Does Dynex suck, or am I just confused? I'm not entirely sure what it is, but certain cards simply refuse to boot in the 8364. For me, this was ANY dual Ethernet board (I bought about 5 brands). I've tried many other cards in the 8364 and have not had this problem, to include: FXO/FXS telco. interface board, SCSI cards, RAID cards (SCSI, SATA), and a video card. If someone figures this one out, I'd be thrilled. Kevin I'd just try another card. Some hardware just doesn't get along well with some systems. Does the card work in another PCI bus system? (Assuming you have another to test with.) William ahh, the old PCI 2.0 slot vs PCI 2.1 adapter issue.... exwisdem exwisdem wrote: > ahh, the old PCI 2.0 slot vs PCI 2.1 adapter issue.... > > exwisdem > I don't think that's the case, as I've used PCI 2.2 adapters in the system. Perhaps it is 3.3V vs 5V? I don't have specifics on the dual NICs I've tried, but the 64-bit SATA RAID adapter worked just fine and it happens to be able to do both 3.3V and 5V. Maybe PCI 2.1 is 3.3V only? Kevin Hi! > Maybe PCI 2.1 is 3.3V only? I don't know, but I used a Linksys LNE100TXv5 PCI E...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #3
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! adberry@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). > The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the > card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the > second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card > already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and > have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out > my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the > battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on > boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the > com...

using a Cardbus USB 2.0 expansion card with an external 2.5" unpowerd HD
hi all, I have an A31p thinkpad. I want to use my external 40gb 2.5" HD with a USB 2.0 port, so I'm considering buying a USB 2.0 expander Cardbus card like this one: conceptronic CSP480C2 http://www.conceptronic.net/Site/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=37&search=CSP480C2 however better safe than angry, so I checked google groups and found lots of complaints on this card failing to recognize (or the OS) external unpowered hard drives like mine. curiously, they are all spanish and all relate to the same spanish notebook, a brand name called BEEP. so perhaps its a system specific issue. one of the other cards (has no brand name, model PC033 ) says max power is 500mA from each port. I have no idea how much my HD draws. Has anyone experienced this type of configuration? p.s. my ext. HD has a power cable but it goes into the same USB port the data cable plugs into. there is no AC adapter of course (its not a 3.5" drive). thanks I have a Toshiba MK4026GAX drive (40 GB) in a Bytecc ME-930 enclosure. The hard drive is spec'd at 1 amp during start up and 0.5 amp during read and write. The USB spec calls for a 0.5 amp capability per port. Some USB ports are capable of more current but running a hard drive from a single USB port with no other power source is a hit and miss proposition. The A31P will run the Toshiba drive from one of its USB 1.1 ports without external power. Trying the same thing with a Belkin USB 2.0 PCMCIA card does not work h...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

[ANN] locale-2.0.2, locale_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-Locale(locale-2.0.2) and Ruby-Locale for Ruby on Rails(locale_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-Locale is the library to manage/detect various format of locale IDs(language tags), and provide ISO 639-3, ISO-3166 data. * locale - Manage Locale IDs, Auto-detect locales. ISO-639-3, 3166 data. * locale_rails - Rails support with locale Changes ------- == locale-2.0.2 * Add Locale.set_app_language_tags to restrict the target locales whole the application. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * locale/driver/cgi.rb: Add Locale.set_request. * sample/rack: Add a sample for rack....

can I enhance usb capabilities of my laptop thru a port replicator with usb-2.0?
Hi I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support? I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable hard disk to usb-2.0 ports. TYIA, Sree Sreekumar <sreekumar@postmark.net> wrote: : Hi : I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a : compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking : connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support? : I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes : make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable : hard disk to usb-2.0 ports. What operating system are you using? You need USB 2.0 drivers as wellas the hardware. Are you sure you have the correct drivers installed for the new USB card? If you have Windows XP, it's probably already done. On something older like Windows 98, could be more difficult. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- ******************************************************************* ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address ******************************************************************* No, a USB hub won't change USB 1.0 into 2.0, if connected to a US...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card
I am attempting to use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card in my ThinkPad 600E so I can utilize a USB 2.0/FireWire external DVD/CD burner. Until now the only PCMCIA card I have been using is a 3COM EtherLink III LAN card. When I plug the card in the system beeps, but the card director shows only the LAN card in the other slot. HCIMONIT also fails to show any USB 2.0 controller. What additional resources do I need to get this to work? I am able to use it from Windows 98 on this unit, so I know it is functional. Is there any information, etc. that I can crib from Win98 to get it working under OS/2? -- Dave ----------------------------------------------------------- dhdurgee<at>verizon<dot>net ----------------------------------------------------------- me@privacy.net schrieb: >I am attempting to use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card in my ThinkPad 600E so I can >utilize a USB 2.0/FireWire external DVD/CD burner. Until now the only >PCMCIA card I have been using is a 3COM EtherLink III LAN card. When I >plug the card in the system beeps, but the card director shows only the >LAN card in the other slot. HCIMONIT also fails to show any USB 2.0 >controller. > >What additional resources do I need to get this to work? I am able to use >it from Windows 98 on this unit, so I know it is functional. Is there any >information, etc. that I can crib from Win98 to get it working under OS/2? > >-- Dave >-------------------------...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card
Hi all, I just bought a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card for my Thinkpad T30 and I guess it needs a driver for it. Is there a generic driver that will enable it to work under OS/2? I looked at the software choice website and its not obvious to me that this driver actually exists. Any help appreciated Cheng-Yang Tan Sir: Cheng-Yang Tan wrote: > Hi all, I just bought a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card for my Thinkpad T30 and I > guess it needs a driver for it. Is there a generic driver that will > enable it to work under OS/2? I looked at the software choice website > and its not obvious to me that th...

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

NEC USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card?
Hello, did anyone get the above to work in Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop? All I can get it to do is deliver power, if I insert a 4GB usb stick into the one of the USB 2.0 slots nothing happens. Its the same with USB Wifi stick. If I attach the powercable to an onboard usb 1.1 port and then to the card, then it will find the usb stick but shortly after it will disconnect it again. The card works fine in XP, also without the powercable. Though if I want to attach USB HDD then I need the powercable attached:) I use it on a IBM Thinkpad 770Z http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:770Z There is a ...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter
I'm running W98SE on a Dell Latitude LS laptop, RAM128Mb 4Gb HD. Needed a new CD-Rewriter - only works direct to single USB port, not through hub (manufacturer's instructions not tried it as I know the memory stick I use is the same). That knocks out my printer and cordless mouse - I'm happier with that than the touchpad. I want to use the rewriter 'cos I'm about to upgrade memory and HD so need file storage. S--o, purchased online PCMCIA USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter. Initially the driver wouldn't install but did so eventually, the driver is recognised in Add/Remove Programs, the eject card shows in the system tray, PCMCIA on Control Panel shows Socket 1, Socket 2 and (Empty) Socket 3. But nothing works through it!. Nowhere does it show that the card is a USB 2.0, checking Help tells me PCMCIA is not supported on this computer and to get a download from Microsoft Downloads or Networks, Microsoft Downloads don't list anything. Can anyone help please? I'd be ever so ever so grateful and I think the card would prefer not to go out through the window. Novice Novice wrote: > > I'm running W98SE on a Dell Latitude LS laptop, RAM128Mb 4Gb HD. > > Needed a new CD-Rewriter - only works direct to single USB port, not > through hub (manufacturer's instructions not tried it as I know the > memory stick I use is the same). That knocks out my printer and > cordless mouse - I'm happier with that than the tou...

USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card for a TiBook
Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with a USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card for a TiBook? I've found a few that advertise OS X support, but personal recommendations are always cool. I'm running 10.3.2/Panther. Thanks in advance... Duke ...

Orange 2-Port USB 2.0 LC board in a 7500
Recently plugged an USB 2.0 board into my good old 7500 (inflated with an 700 horsepower G4 processor). I know that pre-OSX systems only supports USB 1.1. Now wanted to copy some MP3's onto my new iHP 120 and nothing works! Just found out that this type of USB board isn't supported in pre-G3 Macs because of an incompatibility with this machines (as stated in the FAQ at OrangeMicro's website). Does anyone know more about this problem? The board itself seems to be recognized by the computer's firmware (checked with Apple's System Profiler and PCI Prober 2.0), but the USB dri...

USB 2.0 #2
I have a new board I need to interface with that is a USB 2.0 interface. Can someone offer me a few pointers on how one goes about interfacing to a USB 2.0 device in Linux using Tcl. I believe the interface is essentially the /proc/bus/usb filesystem. Charles Krinke "cfk" <CfkAlterEgo@pacbell.net>, In a message on Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:13:09 GMT, wrote : "> I have a new board I need to interface with that is a USB 2.0 interface. Can "> someone offer me a few pointers on how one goes about interfacing to a USB "> 2.0 device in Linux using Tcl. I be...

devpi-{server-2.2.2,web-2.4.0,client-2.3.0} releases
We just released devpi-server-2.2.2, devpi-web-2.4.0 and devpi-client-2.3.0, core parts of the private pypi package management and testing system. Among the highlights are support for distributed testing with "devpi test --detox", new status pages at "/+status" for replica and master sites and support for configuring upload formats when running "devpi upload". None of the changes require an export/import cycle on the server side if you used devpi-server-2.2.X before. However, please read the respective changelog entries below for some notes and poten...

Any USB 2.0 PCMCIA cards for 5.4?
I've tried Adaptec and Compusa store brand, and they both seem to work in USB 1 mode only. Anyone know one that gives full 2.0 speed and support? Thanks, Ted Ted Nolan <tednolan> <ted@loft.tnolan.com> wrote: : I've tried Adaptec and Compusa store brand, and they both seem to work : in USB 1 mode only. Anyone know one that gives full 2.0 speed and : support? : FreeBSD 5.x, according to the ECHI man page, doesn't work well with USB 2.0. Supposed to work much better in 6.0. That has been my experince - USB 1.1 is fine, USB 2.0 is not too good. Bruce -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX. - Thuganlitha The Power and the Prophet Robert Don Hughes In article <djmpmj04j1@enews1.newsguy.com>, Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net> wrote: > > >Ted Nolan <tednolan> <ted@loft.tnolan.com> wrote: >: I've tried Adaptec and Compusa store brand, and they both seem to work >: in USB 1 mode only. Anyone know one that gives full 2.0 speed and >: support? >: > FreeBSD 5.x, according to the ECHI man page, doesn't > work well with USB 2.0. Supposed to work much better in > 6.0. > > That has been my experince - USB 1.1 is fine, USB 2.0 > is not too good. > > Bruce Hmm, oh ...

Low profile PCMCIA USB 2.0 card
Hi - I always have a Wireless card in my laptop, and also like to have a USB 2.0 card. That poses a problem. The USB card is too thick and gives trouble to my wireless card. Has anyone seen a low profile USB card - maybe even one that then connects to a second USB hub via a cable? Thanks Doug ...

Web resources about - 2 Port USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA) not recognized by Windows Explorer - comp.sys.laptops

List of federally recognized tribes by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States , the Indian tribe is a fundamental unit of sovereign tribal government, and the constitution grants to the U.S. Congress ...

Twitter recognized by Online Trust Alliance
... that have adopted key technologies to help protect users’ privacy and identity from abuse. We’re very pleased that this year the OTA has recognized ...

Animal Consciousness Officially Recognized by Leading Panel of Neuroscientists - YouTube
Historic Proclamation of the Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness in Human non-Human Animals at the Francis Crick Memorial Conference, Churchill ...

Women leaders in security recognized
Each year, the Executive Women's Forum announces their "Women of Influence" Awards at their annual EWF event.

Afghan officials, Taliban end first officially recognized peace talks
The first officially acknowledged peace talks between the Afghan Taliban and the government in Kabul concluded with an agreement to meet again ...

U.S. says planned independence vote in eastern Ukraine will not be recognized - CTV News
The Obama administration denounced as illegal a planned weekend referendum by pro-Russian insurgents pushing for autonomy and independence for ...

Alberta talent recognized by Emmys for work on ‘Fargo’
Alberta-born cinematographer Matthew J. Lloyd always thought he'd have to go to New York or Los Angeles to find success.

Brian Wong, Kiip CEO, Recognized By Forbes
Vancouver native and UBC alumnus Brian Wong has been named to the Forbes Top 30 Under 30 list for the second time. This week, the magazine counted ...

Student news recognized by Canadian Online Publishing Awards
Student news organizations were among the winners at this year’s Canadian Online Publishing Awards. Student news organizations were among the ...

Xinhua Insight: What after China's past glories get recognized by World ...
Xinhua Xinhua Insight: What after China's past glories get recognized by World ... CCTV BEIJING, June 22 (Xinhua) China had made marathon ...