Bought a new 2 1/2 inch drive but the connection is different, what gives.

I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.

What gives here, why is there two different types of connectors for SATA
laptop drives?

Cheers.

Pete

0
no438 (1037)

Pete D wrote:
> I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
> installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
> look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
> can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.

Bad luck. Do you have a receipt?

Take the old drive to the shop and show it to the sales boy. When he
asks "did you look up both model numbers and installation details on
their manufacturer's website", just lie - tell him the internet was
broke....

--
Adrian C
0
>I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
>installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
>look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
>can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>
> What gives here, why is there two different types of connectors for SATA
> laptop drives?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Pete

Did you remove the adapter from the old drive and install it on the new one?
I changed the SATA drive in my HP and there was a small slide on adapter
that needed to be put on the new disk. It was obvious in my case as the
computer and disk connectors did not match.

Terry

0
terrycassidy (295)
2/7/2009 8:36:21 PM
"tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message

> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>>I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
>>installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
>>look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
>>can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>>
>> What gives here, why is there two different types of connectors for SATA
>> laptop drives?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Pete
>>

> Did you remove the adapter from the old drive and install it on the new
> one? I changed the SATA drive in my HP and there was a small slide on
> adapter that needed to be put on the new disk. It was obvious in my case
> as the computer and disk connectors did not match.
>
> Terry

Thanks I will have a check. That was the problem, thank you so much. The
only other dives I had changed on laptops in the past were PATA and they
just plugged straight in.

Damnitt, who designs these things???

Cheers.

Pete

0
no438 (1037)
2/7/2009 8:59:28 PM
"Adrian C" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message
> Pete D wrote:
>> I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
>> installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
>> look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
>> can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>
> Bad luck. Do you have a receipt?
>
> Take the old drive to the shop and show it to the sales boy. When he asks
> "did you look up both model numbers and installation details on their
> manufacturer's website", just lie - tell him the internet was broke....
>
> --
> Adrian C

See below, only had to swap over the little adapter. Formatting as we speak.

Damn design engineers need a spanking.

Pete

0
no438 (1037)

> "Adrian C" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message
>> Pete D wrote:
>>> I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
>>> installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had
>>> a look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and
>>> I can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>>
>> Bad luck. Do you have a receipt?
>>
>> Take the old drive to the shop and show it to the sales boy. When he asks
>> "did you look up both model numbers and installation details on their
>> manufacturer's website", just lie - tell him the internet was broke....
>>
>> --
>> Adrian C
>
> See below, only had to swap over the little adapter. Formatting as we
> speak.
>
> Damn design engineers need a spanking.
>
> Pete

For the HP, I thought it was a great idea. The adapter converted the
connectors to a parallel blade layout so the assembly could just slide into
the computer case. My Toshiba laptop with a PATA disk has an adapter as
well.

Terry

Terry

0
terrycassidy (295)
2/7/2009 10:10:49 PM

> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Adrian C" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Bad luck. Do you have a receipt?
>>>
>>> Take the old drive to the shop and show it to the sales boy. When he
>>> asks "did you look up both model numbers and installation details on
>>> their manufacturer's website", just lie - tell him the internet was
>>> broke....
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adrian C
>>
>> See below, only had to swap over the little adapter. Formatting as we
>> speak.
>>
>> Damn design engineers need a spanking.
>>
>> Pete
>>
> For the HP, I thought it was a great idea. The adapter converted the
> connectors to a parallel blade layout so the assembly could just slide
> into the computer case. My Toshiba laptop with a PATA disk has an adapter
> as well.
>
> Terry
>
> Terry

If it was a bit more obvious it would have been better, all looked like it
was part of the molding (or is it moulding?).

0
no438 (1037)
2/7/2009 10:17:13 PM
Pete D wrote:
> "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>>> "Adrian C" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message

>>> See below, only had to swap over the little adapter. Formatting as we
>>> speak.
>>>
>>> Damn design engineers need a spanking.
>>>
>>> Pete
>>>
>> For the HP, I thought it was a great idea. The adapter converted the
>> connectors to a parallel blade layout so the assembly could just slide
>> into the computer case. My Toshiba laptop with a PATA disk has an adapter
>> as well.
>>
>> Terry
>>
>> Terry
>>

> If it was a bit more obvious it would have been better, all looked like it
> was part of the molding (or is it moulding?).

Moulting!!   :)
There are only two types of connectors on 2.5" drives, IDE connectors
and SATA connectors.  They are totally standardized as far as the
connectors are concerned.

This part of your post makes no sense: "and when I got home and
INSTALLED it" ....

If the connector was wrong, you COULD NOT have "installed" it.

A laptop IDE connector has two rows of 22 pins each (44 pins total),
plus 4 more pins to one side (48 pins if you include those, but they are
not part of the IDE interface or connector, they are for master / slave
/ cable select).

A laptop SATA drive has the same SATA connectors as a desktop SATA drive.

Pete D wrote:
> I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
> installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
> look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
> can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>
> What gives here, why is there two different types of connectors for SATA
> laptop drives?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Pete

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)
2/8/2009 2:40:49 AM
Many drives of both types "just plug in", and, also, many drives of both
types require a caddy or some kind of intermediate connector between the
drive itself and the laptop.

Pete D wrote:
> "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
>>> installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
>>> look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
>>> can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>>>
>>> What gives here, why is there two different types of connectors for SATA
>>> laptop drives?
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> Pete
>>>
>> Did you remove the adapter from the old drive and install it on the new
>> one? I changed the SATA drive in my HP and there was a small slide on
>> adapter that needed to be put on the new disk. It was obvious in my case
>> as the computer and disk connectors did not match.
>>
>> Terry
>>

> Thanks I will have a check. That was the problem, thank you so much. The
> only other dives I had changed on laptops in the past were PATA and they
> just plugged straight in.
>
> Damnitt, who designs these things???
>
> Cheers.
>
> Pete

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)
> There are only two types of connectors on 2.5" drives, IDE connectors and
> SATA connectors.  They are totally standardized as far as the connectors
> are concerned.
>
> This part of your post makes no sense: "and when I got home and INSTALLED
> it" ....
>
> If the connector was wrong, you COULD NOT have "installed" it.

COULD SO HAVE  "installed" it, just didn't connect properly, get over it
matey.

> A laptop IDE connector has two rows of 22 pins each (44 pins total), plus
> 4 more pins to one side (48 pins if you include those, but they are not
> part of the IDE interface or connector, they are for master / slave /
> cable select).
>
> A laptop SATA drive has the same SATA connectors as a desktop SATA drive.
>

> Pete D wrote:
>> I bought a new 320 Gig 7,200rpm 2 1/2 inch drive and when I got home and
>> installed it it did not show up as a drive. I removed the drive and had a
>> look at the connector and realised that the connector is different and I
>> can't use the new drive. The old drive is a 250Gb SATA drive as well.
>>
>> What gives here, why is there two different types of connectors for SATA
>> laptop drives?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Pete

0
no438 (1037)
> Many drives of both types "just plug in", and, also, many drives of both
> types require a caddy or some kind of intermediate connector between the
> drive itself and the laptop.
>

> Pete D wrote:
>> "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message

>>> Did you remove the adapter from the old drive and install it on the new
>>> one? I changed the SATA drive in my HP and there was a small slide on
>>> adapter that needed to be put on the new disk. It was obvious in my case
>>> as the computer and disk connectors did not match.
>>>
>>> Terry
>>>

>> Thanks I will have a check. That was the problem, thank you so much. The
>> only other dives I had changed on laptops in the past were PATA and they
>> just plugged straight in.
>>
>> Damnitt, who designs these things???
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Pete

Umm, why are you posting this now, it is all in and re-installed and working
properly now.

0
no438 (1037)
2/8/2009 3:18:16 AM
Pete D wrote:
> "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>> There are only two types of connectors on 2.5" drives, IDE connectors and
>> SATA connectors.  They are totally standardized as far as the connectors
>> are concerned.
>>
>> This part of your post makes no sense: "and when I got home and INSTALLED
>> it" ....
>>
>> If the connector was wrong, you COULD NOT have "installed" it.
>
> COULD SO HAVE  "installed" it, just didn't connect properly, get over it
> matey.

You do mean "Jammed it in, Without looking" rather than "Installed"
Right matey?
0
noone8 (217)
2/8/2009 4:12:11 AM
"G.G. Willikers" <noone@youknow.com> wrote in message
> Pete D wrote:
>> "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> There are only two types of connectors on 2.5" drives, IDE connectors
>>> and SATA connectors.  They are totally standardized as far as the
>>> connectors are concerned.
>>>
>>> This part of your post makes no sense: "and when I got home and
>>> INSTALLED it" ....
>>>
>>> If the connector was wrong, you COULD NOT have "installed" it.
>>
>> COULD SO HAVE  "installed" it, just didn't connect properly, get over it
>> matey.
>>

> You do mean "Jammed it in, Without looking" rather than "Installed"
> Right matey?

Just didn't make contact, no jamming at all. Have you actually had a look at
these?

0
no438 (1037)
2/8/2009 6:00:00 AM
Pete D wrote:
> "G.G. Willikers" <noone@youknow.com> wrote in message
>> Pete D wrote:
>>> "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

>>> COULD SO HAVE  "installed" it, just didn't connect properly, get over it
>>> matey.
>>>

>> You do mean "Jammed it in, Without looking" rather than "Installed"
>> Right matey?
>
> Just didn't make contact, no jamming at all. Have you actually had a look at
> these?

Nope. But I'm not easily fooled.
0
noone8 (217)
2/8/2009 6:48:47 AM
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Pete D wrote:
> "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Many drives of both types "just plug in", and, also, many drives of
>> both types require a caddy or some kind of intermediate connector
>> between the drive itself and the laptop.
>>

>> Pete D wrote:
>>> "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks I will have a check. That was the problem, thank you so
>>> much. The only other dives I had changed on laptops in the past
>>> were PATA and they just plugged straight in.
>>>
>>> Damnitt, who designs these things???
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> Pete
>
> Umm, why are you posting this now, it is all in and re-installed and
> working properly now.

Maybe for general information for the group?

It's not *all* about you you know....
--
Shaun.

Film scanner for 2 1/4 inch by 2 1/4 inch #2
Hi, I have hundreds of APS, 35mm, and 2 1/4 by 2 1/4 inch negatives that I would like to scan. I posted an item on this newsgroup in October, 2003. So far, I have not yet bought a new scanner. My main requirement is that it handles 21/4 inch separate negatives. PC Pro magazine reviewed the Canon Canoscan 8800F recently. See http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/128849/canon-canoscan-8800f.html It gave a good review. I phoned Canon to see if it could handle separate 2 1/4 inch negatives. They said it could. Has anyone used this scanner? If so, that do you think about it. Whi...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

Upgrade from VO 1 - 2 - 2..1 -2.2 - 2.3 -2.4 - 2.5 - 2.6 - 2.7
About upgrade 2.5 - 2.7 at $ 384.00 For most products I'm using - the updates (2.0 - 2.1 - 2.7) are free... 2.0 to 3.0 might be worth + 10-30% of the original price? VO is + full price again & again - Full program price for every minor upgrade/bug-fix? I dropped out of the money/bugs [VO] at 2.5 after starting at 1.0 more than 10 years ago. Certainly whoever is making VO have to make a living; earning moneys: - that is OK! A 10 years old VO site; - 10 years later, how much have changed? http://www.yi.com/prany/cavo/cavofront.htm Even MS is not ...

Senco SLS18 1W0002N 1/2-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch 18-Gauge Stapler
Price:$129.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B00006IZH7 Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B00006IZH7 I have used this stapler for about a year and so far so good. Its got plenty of power and hasn't jammed once. Of course it doesn't get used everyday on my jobs but it works when it does get used. I only have two gripes, one is the foam padding that wore off after two uses and second, the safty is hard to get used to because the gun has to be held perfectly to the material but its still a sound gun! I used this stapler quite a lot since if ...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64...

HoldForm[1*2*3] should give 1 x 2 x 3 not 2 x 3
HoldForm[] is loosing the 1* when it apparently should not: In[1]:= HoldForm[1*2*3] Out[1]= 2 x 3 In[2]:= HoldForm[1*1*1] Out[2]= 1 x 1 x 1 In[3]:= HoldForm[3*2*1] Out[3]= 3 x 2 In[4]:= HoldForm[2*2*2] Out[4]= 2 x 2 x 2 In[5]:= HoldForm[2*1*3] Out[5]= 2 x 3 In[6]:= HoldForm[1*2] Out[6]= 1 x 2 In[7]:= HoldForm[1*2*1] Out[7]= 1 x 2 x 1 Q.E.D. Indeed, the same happens with Hold and HoldComplete. I'd say this is a bug. Cheers -- Sjoerd On Feb 25, 11:07 am, "Q.E.D." <a...@netzero.net> wrote: > HoldForm[] is loosing the 1* when it...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

[tao-users] The differences between TAO 1.4.1.2 and 1.5.1.0 #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A75.80E5ABB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, =20 Could someone tell me where can I find a document which describes about the differences between TAO 1.4.1.2 and 1.5.1.0? =20 Thanks with regards, Shi Lei ------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A75.80E5ABB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3020" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D604250205-07022007>Hello=20 all,</SPAN></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20 class=3D604250205-07022007></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D604250205-07022007>Could = someone tell=20 me where can I find a document which describes about the differences = between TAO=20 1.4.1.2 and 1.5.1.0?</SPAN></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20 class=3D604250205-07022007></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DI...

Any different? '(1 2) (list 1 2)
Any different? '(1 2) (list 1 2) > * Ronald <sbyybjnvg@163.pbz> [2006-12-26 13:55:03 +0800]: > > Any different? '(1 2) (list 1 2) '(1 2) is a literal object, created once. (list 1 2) is a function call, it returns a fresh (newly allocated) list on each invocation. (equal '(1 2) (list 1 2)) ==> T (defun f () '(1 2)) (eq (f) (f)) ==> T (defun g () (list 1 2)) (eq (g) (g)) ==> NIL (equal (g) (g)) ==> T you should _never_ modify literal objects, see http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/faq.html#faq-self-mod -- Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.or...

Porter-Cable FN250C 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch 16-Gauge Finish Nailer
Price:$330.64 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B001AOSX3Q Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B001AOSX3Q I just got it and it works well. I can't get the finish nails to set flush. It sets them in a little. The Porter-Cable FN250C 1-to-2-1/2-inch 16-gauge Finish Nailer comes with a maintenance-free motor for added reliability and long tool life. With the ability to drive 16-guage "FN" style finish nails from 1 to 2-1/2 inches long, this brad nailer features an internal piston catch for consistent maximum power on every shot and a rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work. Also included is a tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads, tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal, and a sequential style trigger with a lock off switch. Other features include a contact safety located behind the driver guide for better visibility, an adjustable belt hook, an integrated rubber grip for improved comfort, and a low nail reload indicator. With a 100-nail magazine (which can be loaded rear load and lock style), this nailer's sequential style trigger with lock off switch operates at 70-to-120 PSI for added versatility. Its strong and lightweight die-cast aluminum body Measures 10.6 x 11.8 inches and weighs 3.85 pounds. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Porter-Cable DA250C 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?...

Bosch 1617EVSPK 12 Amp 2-1/4-Horsepower Plunge and Fixed Base Variable Speed Router Kit with 1/4-Inch and 1/2-Inch Collets
Price:$426.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B00005RHPD Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00005RHPD I purchased this router with the intent of using it for a variety uses. I have been pleased with the performance of the router and its flexibility. The only concern that I have is the limitations it has for using the larger router bits used in making raised panel doors. They will not fit in the base of the router. I will likely purchase a 3 1/4 HP router to mount "permanently" in my router table. Very high quality product. Almost got th...

Difference between (RVCT 2.2) and (ADS 1.2) elf files
My project is just migrating from ADS 1.2 to RVCT 2.2 dev tools. I am trying to figure out if elf file created through ADS 1.2 is different in its structure from elf file generated by RVCT 2.2. Also is there any documentation that clearly talks about this? Thank you very much. Matic On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 08:15:26 -0600, "batam2601" <batam2601@yahoo.com> wrote: >My project is just migrating from ADS 1.2 to RVCT 2.2 dev tools. I am >trying to figure out if elf file created through ADS 1.2 is different in >its structure from elf file generated by RVCT 2.2. > >...

Porting BSP/Tornado 2.1.2 MIPS to Tornado 2.2.1
Dear all, I've just installed Tornado 2.2.1 for MIPS. To my horror, the VxWork project file I received from my customer is written on Tornado 2.1.2. My questions: 1. How to migrate from 2.1.2 to 2.2.1 without previously installing 2.1.2 ? 2. What's the fastest way to do the migration without prjMigrate tools ? Thank you in advance. ...

Re: gives different result compared to 1/Diagonal[Normal@A] when A is sparse #2 #2
Daniel, Upon some reflection, I think I agree with you. The only thing I'd improve is the wording of the error messages. Perhaps some custom error message could be issued in such cases - currently the message gives little clue for what could be causing it. This looks almost like a leak of implementation detail into the public interface. I think, SparseArray is under-specified in this regard. It should be stated in the docs that when a reciprocal is taken of the SparseArray, the default element is the inverse of the original default element, including cases when the latter is ze...

Re: gives different result compared to 1/Diagonal[Normal@A] when A is sparse #2 #2
On 12/01/2011 04:49 AM, Leonid Shifrin wrote: > I think this is the same bug as discussed in this thread: > > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/37935f55b291ed2 > > where in my answer there I also indicated what the origin of that behavior > might be. > > Cheers, > Leonid I think the current behavior is The Right Thing, in a mathematical sense (not due to structural reasons such as Listable attribute). If one does not invert the value of implied element, then what would happen in the example below? (We...

cPickle from 2.2 to 2.1
hi list, I use cPickle in a small .cgi to save data. It run's fine on python 2.2.3 (used for development) but fails on 2.1.1 (webserver) with: File "spyblog.py", line 543, in __init__ self.entry = cPickle.load(open(log + self.filename, 'r+')) SystemError: Failed to import class _reconstructor from module copy_reg If I create the file on the webserver everything works, so apparently the 2.1.1 version of cPickle can't read files generated with the newer one. Does it mean the cPickle format is not compatible across versions? thx Paul [paul] > I use cPickle in a small .cgi to save data. It run's fine on python > 2.2.3 (used for development) but fails on 2.1.1 (webserver) with: > > File "spyblog.py", line 543, in __init__ > self.entry = cPickle.load(open(log + self.filename, 'r+')) > SystemError: Failed to import class _reconstructor from module > copy_reg > > > If I create the file on the webserver everything works, so apparently > the 2.1.1 version of cPickle can't read files generated with the newer > one. Does it mean the cPickle format is not compatible across > versions? Sorry, not enough information to say for sure. The specific error you're seeing *can* occur when trying to unpickle a pickle of a new-style class instance under a version of Python before new-style classes were introduced. Since new-style classes were introduced in 2.2, a pickle made u...

Memory leak, new(UNINT) in TAO(1.2.1) ACE (5.2.1) ?
Hi everybody, we face a memory leak detected by rationnal purify, using a server in tao 1.2.1 and ace 5.2.1 : new(UINT). Did anybody encouter this issue ? Is it solved in recent version of TAO/ACE ? Many thanks for your answers ! best regards, Ludovic ...

Load average differences between Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.6 and Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.1
Hi folks, I've encountered something rather strange. This morning, I upgraded our production server, providing web services for our library website, from Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.6 to Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.1. The server, which normally exhibits a load average below 1 most of the time, spiked to loads that approached 100 if left alone. The interesting part of this is that this load average seems to be almost artificial - it appears to be caused by httpd processes stuck in a "closing connection" state (TIME_WAIT, in netstat). These processes are still running according t...

Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2
vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: > vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is > _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest > version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has > anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the ...

Web resources about - Bought a new 2 1/2 inch drive but the connection is different, what gives. - comp.sys.laptops

French (Canadian) connection helps Coyotes snap 7-game skid
The Arizona Coyotes defeat the Florida Panthers 5-1 Saturday behind a dominate performance by the team's French-Canadian players.

Quantum Break requires Internet connection for streaming cut scenes on PC
Marshall Allman appears in the full-motion episodes, but not in the actual game. The idea of requiring an Internet connection for single-player ...

Is There a Connection Between Caffeine and Depression?
Couple of years ago when I was trying to find a way out of my depression, I came across a lot of websites like these mindbodygreen.com or k-state.edu.com ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

Aruba's new products improve wireless connections
Aruba announced networking software and hardware today that include a new wireless access point that can support Skype for Business and Wi-Fi ...

Van Jones And Jeffrey Lord Nearly End Up In A Fist Fight Over Trump's KKK Connections
CNN needs to fire Jeffrey Lord if they want to keep the name "News" in their name. His performance with Van Jones tonight was shameful. Utterly ...

This Little-Known Trump-Soros Connection Will Surprise You
There is a Trump-Soros connection from the past that Soros isn't mentioning...