Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...

Hi Group,
Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel
a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the
girlfriends!

We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to
enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers.
The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is
192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).

I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the
printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the printer
vanishes off my Printers list(!)

It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.

Any clues guys ?

Cheers,
Paul

Honkeytonk Man wrote:
> Hi Group,
> Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here.
> I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I
> did on the girlfriends!
>
> We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the
> back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm
> going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of
> the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).
>
> I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I
> unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router,
> the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!)
>
> It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.
>
> Any clues guys ?
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

The port address is OK, but you haven't any device address.
http://www.draytek.com/english/support/support_note/router/faq/print_server/01.php

quaoar (1575)
10/7/2004 8:57:22 PM
Q,
Thanks m8ty, it worked a treat. :-)

Paul

"Honkeytonk Man" <honkmyhorn@honky.com> wrote in message
> Q,
> Thanks m8ty, it worked a treat. :-)
>
> Paul

>> Honkeytonk Man wrote:
>>> Hi Group,
>>> Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here.
>>> I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I
>>> did on the girlfriends!
>>>
>>> We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the
>>> back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm
>>> going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of
>>> the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer).
>>>
>>> I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I
>>> unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router,
>>> the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!)
>>>
>>> It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why.
>>>
>>> Any clues guys ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul
>>
>> The port address is OK, but you haven't any device address.
>> http://www.draytek.com/english/support/support_note/router/faq/print_server/01.php

Kewl, yr wlkm.

quaoar (1575)

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0.1 (I've also tried 224.0.0.1). Th= e Mac and iPads all have normal connectivity. What might the problem be? ...

HP printer can't find USB port
I just got a HP6122 inkjet printer. I'm trying to hook it up to a new Dell computer. I go through the add a new printer wizard and add the printer (using LPT1, because I can't find USB). When I go back through properties and try to change the port to USB, no USB ports show up in the list. All the LPT and COM ports and other stuff show up, but no USB. The ports do show up in the device manager - under control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Why don't the USB ports show up on the "ports" tab of the "properties" for the printer? Any ideas? On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:55:30 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "Jim" <powrmatic@erols.com> wrote: >I just got a HP6122 inkjet printer. I'm trying to hook it up to a new Dell >computer. I go through the add a new printer wizard and add the printer >(using LPT1, because I can't find USB). When I go back through properties >and try to change the port to USB, no USB ports show up in the list. All >the LPT and COM ports and other stuff show up, but no USB. The ports do >show up in the device manager - under control panel, system, hardware, >device manager. > >Why don't the USB ports show up on the "ports" tab of the "properties" for >the printer? > >Any ideas? Have you ever used them? If not check to see they are enabled in the machine's BIOS. "Jim&qu...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers > installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program > like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and > have to restart. > > Thanks, > Patrick Did you try deleting it in safe mode? On 5 May 2004 08:57:59 -0700, patrick_sdc@hotmail.com (Les Moore) wrote: >When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I >need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This >happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers >installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program >like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and >have to restart. > >Thanks, >Patrick Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Hardware. -- Hecate Hecate@newsguy.com veni, vidi, reliqui ...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se
With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to print from one Mac to another via sharing. What about the PC ? -- http://bergenbulldogradio.blogspot.com/ In article <il9Yg.1193$6D3.1191@trnddc01>, Marshall <notmkatzman@verizon.net> wrote: > With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my > PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. > Again I have ...

Can't set default printer
Hello all. I've tried to search for an answer to this problem in the archives of this group and although I've found some references to this, they are either for VB5 prior to SP3, or they don't seem to have an answer to my exact problem. I'm using VB6 SP5, printing through the printer object, and want to let the user select the printer to be used via the common dialog. This works as long as I set the "Form1.CommonDialog1.PrinterDefault = True" so that the printer object knows where to send the data. But, that also causes the default printer (for the PC) to be left ...

squid can't start, can't bind to port
I have a CentOS 5.2 server that for several weeks has been running squid on port 9765 with no problem (only accepting requests from certain external IPs). Some time yesterday it stopped working, and attempts to start squid now say only: [root@hostname28043 squid]# service squid start Starting squid: .................... [FAILED] The last lines of the cache.log file (whose dates correspond to the last time I attempted to start squid) say: 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE6 for i686- redhat-li nux-gnu... 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Process ID 3306 20...

cfgadm can't set up USB printer
I have a HP 1020 laser printer that I'm using on my XP box. I would like to move it to me Solaris X86 (v10.3) box. When I move the USB cord to the solaris machine, I can not seem to get cfgadm to configure the printer. When I first plug the printer into the machine and run cfgadm I get: .... usb3/2 unknown disconnected unconfigured ok .... When I run the command to configure the printer, it fails as shown below. cfgadm -yc configure usb3/2 cfgadm: Hardware specific failure: Cannot issue devctl to ap_id: /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@1e/pci2020,8888@b,3:2...

can't to share the printer from XP to Vista
I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop However on my Deskstop I have Windows XP which is the main. I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one printer (which is connected to the XP) through networking the computer but it has failed. I would also like to share printer from pc to laptop. On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:51:25 -0700, poloming rearanged some electrons and created: > I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop However on my Deskstop I have > Windows XP which is the main. > I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one > printer (which is conne...

Can't view workgroup to share printer
I'm trying to hook my notebook up to my network so I can share the printer, etc. I changed the computer workgroup to my workgroup name, rebooting and then adding a new network printer but it shows when browsing for a printer "microsoft windows network" and not my workgroup computers. I go to "view network computers" and it says "Network is not accessible, you might not have permission to use this network resource" "list of servers for this network is not available". When I view network computers from my desktop, I see the laptop but it says &...

Can't add shared winME printer to winXP
I have a shared printer hung off a winME machine. The winME and winXP machines are connected on a LAN through a router. On the winXP machine, the add printer utility can see the winME printer but the final step of adding the printer results in "Windows cannot connect to the Printer". What are possible causes of the this problem? The error message appears so quickly to my user input that it makes me think that there has been no communication between the two machines and hence the failure was entirely due to conditions within winXP. Are there any good guides on ...

usb port error can't install printer
Hi I am attempting to install a Lexmark and or a HP USB printer. In either case it loads so far then errors out claiming a USB port error. I have removed the USB to reinstall the drivers. I also tried installing the software prior to plugging in the printer. Also tried plugging in the printer and using XP's driver with the same results. A new cable and different ports were tried with the same results Any advised appreciated Rick I forgot to add there is nothing error out in the device manager and anything else plugged into the ports works fine "Rick" <rickk@bright.net> wrote in message news:M6mdne0KTo-We4vcRVn-oA@bright.net... > Hi > > I am attempting to install a Lexmark and or a HP USB printer. In either case > it loads so far then errors out claiming a USB port error. > > I have removed the USB to reinstall the drivers. I also tried installing the > software prior to plugging in the printer. Also tried plugging in the > printer and using XP's driver with the same results. A new cable and > different ports were tried with the same results > > Any advised appreciated > > Rick > > Rick wrote: > I forgot to add there is nothing error out in the device manager and > anything else plugged into the ports works fine > > > "Rick" <rickk@bright.net> wrote in message > news:M6mdne0KTo-We4vcRVn-oA@bright.net... > &...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active are TCP/IP and IPX. I have downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of the Wizard. -- ................................ Keepsake gift for young girls. Unique and personal one-of-a-kind. Builds strong minds 12 ways. Guaranteed satisfaction - courteous money back - keep bonus gifts http://www.alicebook.com ...

Can't see modem/printer port on G3 with OSX
Hi, I've got a Powerbook G3 Lombard, running OSX 10.2. I'm trying to use an Epson Stylus Pro via the modem/printer port. When I try to add a printer, the modem/printer port doesn't show up on the list of connections. Any ideas? Is it something to do with AppleTalk? If I select that, then I can't select a printer. Thanks Iain Miller ...

Samba - FC3
Hi - I have a FC3 system that is on a network along with a WinXP system. I have several printers marked as shared on the XP machine, but I can't seem to access them on my Linux box. I get something like a NT_ACCESS_DENIED. I didn't find my printer model on the printer list on the Linux machine and had to choose a similar model, maybe that's why -PA ...

lan and linksys wireless router
Hi Folks, I've just installed a WRT54g wireless router. My desktop computer's operating system is Windows xp. I have roadrunner internet. I've connected the cable model to the router and the router to my desktop computer. I have a laptop with a wireless card which is running windows xp. Internet access from the desktop and the laptop is fine. The problem is that I wish to share my desktop's printer with the laptop. I've tried several times to set up a windows home network. I've disabled the windows firewall and my third party firewall and set the ...

can't find my USB ports to install new printer
Just got a printer for my new computer (Win 98SE). When I try and install the printer (Lexmark Z601) everything is fine up until the point where the wizard asks me what port to install it onto. The list that's offered doessn't include USB. I've checked in the BIOS and USB is enable. Had a look in Control Panel > Device Manager, and under USB I found the following listed: 3 USB icons with no description! USB 2.0 Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub VIA PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller via VT83C572/VT182C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller via VT83C572/VT182C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller via VT83C572/VT182C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller So, obviously USB is installed, though maybe not correctly. Have tried reinstalling USB, but doesn't help. Can anyone help? Thanks. Its been a while since I used win 98, but you should be able to select automatically detect my plug and play printers, thus avoiding the need to manually select a port. "Sylvia" <nubian@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:48762822.0311290259.6085cd22@posting.google.com... > Just got a printer for my new computer (Win 98SE). When I try and > install the printer (Lexmark Z601) everything is fine up until the > point where the wizard asks me what port to install it onto. The list > that's offered doessn't include USB. > > I've checked in the BIOS and USB is enable. Ha...

Can't see a shared USB printer from 9.1
USB printer shared from Intel iMac. I can see it from my PBook (10.4.6) but cannot from the USB Printer Sharing control panel on my OS 9.1 Mac. The instructions here <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107060> refer to using Classic on the OS X box to enable printer sharing to OS 9, but obviously that's not possible on my iMac. Is there another solution? I can't share the printer off the OS 9 Mac as it does not have built-in USB. On Sat, 6 May 2006 19:36:36 -0400, Dave Balderstone wrote (in article <060520061736362146%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca&...

I can't setup HP DesignJet 500 printer under Red Hat, how should I do?
Hello, I'v purchased one HP DesignJet 500 printer and wanna setup it. since my OS is Red Hat AS3 and HP mayn't support it, so I try to resolve it by myself. But even according to the steps in link http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DesignJet_500, I failed to do it. How should I do? If you have the same condition and may you share your experience with me? Thanks for your help! Have a good day! B.R. Joffre tech11 wrote: > Hello, > > I'v purchased one HP DesignJet 500 printer and wanna setup it. since my OS > is Red Hat AS3 and HP mayn&#...

Leopard can't see printer shared from 10.3.9
We have an i9900 hanging off a G5 running 10.3.9 and Leopard can't see it. The help file says it has to be running 10.4 or greater. -- Help improve usenet. Kill-file Google Groups. http://improve-usenet.org/ In article <051120070915290533%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>, Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote: > We have an i9900 hanging off a G5 running 10.3.9 and Leopard can't see > it. > > The help file says it has to be running 10.4 or greater. Well that's good to know - not that I'm running 10.3 here. Thanks for reportin...

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

(VW7.2 on XP Pro). Can't set fonts for host printer
Hi, I'm new to VW but have had some experience with Dolphin Smalltalk. Dolphin's lack of documentation and requirement of Windows programming knowledge leaves me out in the cold. I have the following problems: (1) Printer exampleFonts "prints one font only for all 3 fonts" (2) HostPrinter default listFontNames "yields a primitive error" In (1) I've tried changing the font family names to ones I know are in the system (like 'times') but to no avail. All of the Printer examples work OK other than the ones that use postscripting. Help wo...

SAMBA shared printer for Guest access, Windows XP can't authenticate
I have a configureation where I am sharing a cannon BJC4100 from my SuSe Linux 9.2 workstation, SAMBA config follows: # Samba config file created using SWAT # from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) # Date: 2005/10/24 15:21:06 # Global parameters [global] workgroup = TUX-NET map to guest = Bad User username map = /etc/samba/smbusers time server = Yes server signing = auto printcap cache time = 750 printcap name = cups logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile logon drive = P: logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile os level = 2 preferred master = No local master = No domain master = No ldap ssl = no printer admin = @ntadmin, root, administrator guest ok = Yes cups options = raw printer name = CannonBJC4100 include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf [homes] comment = Home Directories valid users = %S read only = No inherit acls = Yes browseable = No [profiles] comment = Network Profiles Service path = %H read only = No create mask = 0600 directory mask = 0700 store dos attributes = Yes [users] comment = All users path = /home read only = No inherit acls = Yes veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/ [groups] comment = All groups path = /home/groups ...

Web resources about - Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port... - comp.sys.laptops