canon

was given a canon 360 cd laptop it was made about 1991. I had windows
98se installed on it. it has a cd rom and a floppy drive. put in a 10gig
hdd but will only recognize 4gigs. has 16 megs ram will go to 32. the
touchpad works but cannot get any mouse to work. can someone help with
some solutions to the hdd,mouse and ram? thanks.
0
leroy1424 (1)

New laptop sys
I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless connectivity is also a necessity. I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this subject that is current and helpful? Thanks for your help, JOHN I am satisfied with a Toshiba M15-S405. Iam shure that other manfacturers have equally qualified offerings. Henry "John" <drmonkeyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cf4a3a2.0307061705.2aa786a3@posting.google.com... > I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has > to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless > connectivity is also a necessity. > > I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more > experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this > subject that is current and helpful? > > Thanks for your help, > JOHN ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

Canon Canoscan Lide 30 and Laptop
I'm about to purchase the Canoscan Lide 30 for use on a laptop. However, since this scanner gets its power from the USB port, I'm worried about a) not enough power for the scanner through the laptop's USB port b) the scanner draining the laptop battery Should I get a scanner with an AC power supply, or should I not worry about power consumption? TIA. I have the Canoscan N600U (or something like that). It also draws power from the USB port. I have never had any problems using it with my laptop. In terms of power drainage, I don't know how fast it will de...

Problem loading Oper Sys on reformatted laptop
I am a volunteer with AARP Tax-Aide. We do free tax prep for elderly We were given a couple of older laptops. These units had the dar drive reformatted to wipe out all data before we received them. Whe I turned on the machine I got a non-system disk error. I put in startup disk and I got the A drive prompt. So far so good. I have a Cd Drive. I put in the CD. I cannot get the prompt to chang to the CD Drive. I NEED HELP "PhilD" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:LMe5f.290$Hm3.106@fe09.news.easynews.com... >I am a volunteer with AARP Tax-Aide. We do free tax prep for elderly. > > We were given a couple of older laptops. These units had the dard > drive reformatted to wipe out all data before we received them. When > I turned on the machine I got a non-system disk error. I put in a > startup disk and I got the A drive prompt. So far so good. > > I have a Cd Drive. I put in the CD. I cannot get the prompt to change > to the CD Drive. I NEED HELP. > After pressing the power button, use F2, Del, Esc, F10, (depending on the computer) to access BIOS setup. Change the boot order to CD first, providing that the CD is bootable. Hopefully, the CD is an operating system installation CD. Q >I am a volunteer with AARP Tax-Aide. We do free tax prep for elderly. > >We were given a couple of older laptops. These units had the dard >drive reformatted to wipe out all data before we received them. When >I turned...

PC card slots randomly disappearing on Canon laptop
Hello I am experiencing some oddness with my Canon laptop. It's a Canon Innova Book 490CDS, a real old grunter, but still works fine. It'sa Pentium Classic, if interested. Anyway, my PC card slots are working in an on-and-off manner. Sometimes when I boot (cold or warm boot doesn't seem to make a difference), the slots aren't detected at all (according to linux), and other times, they are. My laptop has a Cirrus slot controller, with a PCI-to-PCMCIA bridge.The same problem is occuring in Windows 98. Any thoughts on how I might revive my Alzheimers-prone slots? I don't really want to send it in >:-) Cheers, Aatheus ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

WTT: Canon 1D Professional Digital SLR Camera for Laptop
I've got a Canon 1D professional digital camera that I'd like to trade for a high-end laptop. This camera was originally bought for $5400 in June 2003. Selling price for a used 1D now is in the neighborhood of $1500-$2000. (This is not the 1D Mark II or the 1Ds, but the original 1D). This camera is in excellent condition. Review info on the Canon 1D can be found here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_eos1d.asp I need a laptop that will accommodate high-end graphics manipulation with Photoshop, large graphic/digital images, plenty of RAM, plenty of storage, etc. If interested in a trade, please contact me directly via e-mail with any specifics you'd like to provide. If you've got questions on this camera, I'd be glad to answer. -- Al Ruscelli Al Ruscelli Photography Phone & Fax: (281) 538-0579 www.ruscelli.com e-mail: al@ruscelli.com e-mail: vruscelli@houston.rr.com Sorry, to clarify for those who e-mailed (and anyone else wondering), the 1D comes with all of its original packaging material (box, manuals, paperwork, battery, charger, etc. -- all included accessories and cables as originally distributed by Canon in as part of the standard Canon 1D boxed purchase). Al Ruscelli "varuscelli" <vruscelli@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:QSg6f.8707$5e4.5376@tornado.texas.rr.com... > I've got a Canon 1D professional digital camera that I'd like to trade > for a high-end lap...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

canonical vs non-canonical
hi all ive got an understanding problem im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes now, i dont really understand whats meant by that? is there any chance for me to see the 2 things in action, just two grasp whats being talked about here? thanx, martin sancho1980 wrote: > hi all > > ive got an understanding problem > im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation > and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes > now, i dont really understand whats...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

laptop bag and laptop mouse
i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. -- Ian Lincoln Independent I.T Consultant Deathwalker <ian-lincoln@blueyonder.co.ukspam> wrote: > i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a > back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also > looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have > retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. On the mouse front, I'm very happy with my new laptop mouse. http://www.euyer.com/ If you can use a PS/2 mouse, then I'd recommend the "harry potter" mouse. 3 pounds 99p, small, though not uncumfortably so, works on almost any surface I've tried it on, 2 buttons and a wheel. The cord has a little bit of velcro that you can use to store the cable neatly. It does have the "Harry Potter" logo on the front that glows when moved, but otherwise is almost ideal. What size of laptop? I've found that an old dremel-multi-tool case fits my laptop perfectly, and lets me carry around plenty of spare batteries in a hard case small enough to go in other bags. (Toshiba 3110CT, a bit shorter than A4, and 1" thick) Ho...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

laptop
hello dear friends and computer lovers, can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:50:05 +0100, "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello dear friends and computer lovers, >can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios >from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? >manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) > Try here. They have a lot of information. some may be applicable to your problem. http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password.html Charlie Hoffpauir [STOP THE GRAND PARKWAY] http://members.manvel.net/charlieh/ Remove Battery and remove cmos battery too. Leave it for couple hrs. It should boot with default setup. sam "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bp82g9$l2v$3@reader11.wxs.nl... > hello dear friends and computer lovers, > can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios > from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? > manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) > > news.wxs.nl wrote: > hello dear friends and computer lovers, > can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios > from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? > manny greetings for your trouble to help me...

Laptop
Hellow, I use matlab for intense data processing, large amounts of data, for example it can take me up to 1hr the smallest data set I process. My desktop is a Pentium4,1Gb PC3200. I'm shopping for a laptop what laptops do you guys recommend. I am personally insterested in Lenovo. Thanks ...

Laptop
I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me on hols. I don't want VRPC. Dave. -- D On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:51:24 +0100 Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be > installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me > on hols. I don't want VRPC. Sure. Just find somebody willing to sell your 20 laptop cases for each of the RISC OS people left who'd buy a native lap...

Canon
zakezuke wrote: >>I believe that they did not rank the IP6000 very highly not because it >>is a bad printer but Canon has others in the line that they (and I >>agree) are much better. An example would be the IP4000 and the IP5000. >> >> > >I think if you actualy read the articile they say "The iP6000D's >performance and quality for business applications make it a poor choice >as an all-around printer. > They do say that. >But its photo performance, quality, and >photo-printing features make it a reasonable choice if you want a >second printer specifically for photos." > Yes but they and also some other article I read (maybe pcworld) say that the IP4000/5000 is a step ahead. >In fact if you look at their >review on the ip8500 they basicly say the same thing "Text/graphics >quality and speed are good but not in the same league as photo quality >and speed.". > > The IP8500 is sort of a different animal. Basically they took the marvelous printer engine from the i9900 and put it in a standard format printer and then added duplexing and twin paper feeds. It does not have the pigmented black that is used in text. It is also not quite as fast as the i9900. >This is why I don't read PC mag but rather made my own judgement. > You have to know how to read PCMag. You do not look at every word but evaluate the co...

Web resources about - canon - comp.sys.laptops

Canon EOS RT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Canon EOS RT is a 35mm single-lens reflex camera produced by Canon from 1989 to 1992. The camera is essentially an EOS 630 / EOS 600 with ...

Canon reveals the G7 X Mark II and SX720 HS PowerShot cameras
Aside from introducing the EOS 80D DSLR, Canon has two more cameras to launch today: the PowerShot G7 X Mark II and SX720 HS. Both are part of ...

Swizz Beatz And Canon Teamed Up To Bring Unknown Artists To New York's Biggest Museums
The multi-hyphenate art-lover/super-producer/rapper joins Canon's quest to find the ultimate Rebels by looking at artists no one's heard of. ...

Canon leads bids for Toshiba medical unit
Foreign buyout groups struggle to compete against cashed up Japanese corporate stalwarts

Canon Chases Filmmakers With the Slick New 80D DSLR
Power zoom in action. Canon’s very happy with all the people clamoring to buy their cameras for filmmaking despite not necessarily knowing what ...

Destroying a Soda Can With a Ping-Pong Ball Using Science and a Vacuum Canon
... Simple Feats of Science! , Zeke Kossover from The Exploratorium destroyed a soda can using only a ping-pong ball, science, and a vacuum canon. ...

A demo of the 200x Zoom on the Canon SX50
I started watching this video and thought the picture quality was awful. And then I kept watching. Wow. That’s insane zoom.

Canon's new entry-level DSLR includes Wi-Fi and NFC for only $550
Mirrorless cameras are all the rage, but that doesn't mean Canon is done with DSLRs. Canon's EOS Rebel T6 is the newest addition to the company's ...

Ep. 48: Was the Canon EOS 80D Worth the Wait?
Here’s episode 48 of the PetaPixel Photography Podcast. You can also download the MP3 directly and subscribe via iTunes or RSS! Call 1-206-333-9308, ...

Canon to buy Toshiba Medical for around $6.2 billion: Nikkei
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Canon Inc is set to buy Toshiba Corp's medical equipment unit for 700 billion yen ($6.2 billion), beating rival Fujifilm ...