computer crash, need help

Hi All,

I have experienced a few crashes recently where during an operation,
downloading from newsgroups or rendering a 3d image my laptop crashes. One
minute its working fine then I hear a little hard drive noise then the
laptop switches itself off, and I have to power on about 20 times before the
computer verifies the ram and boots up. I've owned this laptop for over a
year and hove only recently been experiencing this problem, in the last 2
weeks or so, I am using the same software I always had, newsbin pro 4.1 for
downloading and autocad, 3d max and architectural desktop for rendering and
modelling. My laptop spec is pentium 4 2.6ghz, 1gb RAM, 64mb ati mobility
radeon 7500 integrated graphics card, running Windows XP Pro SP1 plus all
the usual.
Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, this is really
starting to piss me off, I can't tell what the problem is, my best
assumption is the programs use too much RAM then the laptop cuts out,
because of the problem it has when rebooting after this happens when it
can't verify the RAM but then why the hell would it do that? I have 1GB RAM
and I'm not doing anything different than normal. The first time this
happened I reformatted and reinstalled everything hoping that it would sort
it, but it didn't. I was hoping to download a program called RAM Rocket for
managing and defragging my RAM but maybe I don't need it, plus it isn't
free.

Thanks for any help I do receive on this problem, if you want to know more
please e-mail personally, but bear in mind that when it comes to the
workings of a pc I really don't know much so I may not give good answers.

kind regards
Mark

0
info6296 (4)

Remo-Shiva wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have experienced a few crashes recently where during an operation,
> downloading from newsgroups or rendering a 3d image my laptop crashes. One
> minute its working fine then I hear a little hard drive noise then the
> laptop switches itself off, and I have to power on about 20 times before the
> computer verifies the ram and boots up. I've owned this laptop for over a
> year and hove only recently been experiencing this problem, in the last 2
> weeks or so, I am using the same software I always had, newsbin pro 4.1 for
> downloading and autocad, 3d max and architectural desktop for rendering and
> modelling. My laptop spec is pentium 4 2.6ghz, 1gb RAM, 64mb ati mobility
> radeon 7500 integrated graphics card, running Windows XP Pro SP1 plus all
> the usual.
> Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, this is really
> starting to piss me off, I can't tell what the problem is, my best
> assumption is the programs use too much RAM then the laptop cuts out,
> because of the problem it has when rebooting after this happens when it
> can't verify the RAM but then why the hell would it do that? I have 1GB RAM
> and I'm not doing anything different than normal. The first time this
> happened I reformatted and reinstalled everything hoping that it would sort
> it, but it didn't. I was hoping to download a program called RAM Rocket for
> managing and defragging my RAM but maybe I don't need it, plus it isn't
> free.
>
> Thanks for any help I do receive on this problem, if you want to know more
> please e-mail personally, but bear in mind that when it comes to the
> workings of a pc I really don't know much so I may not give good answers.
>
> kind regards
> Mark

One key element is, does this happen ONLY when using a specific program
or not ? To determine that, you must be methodical in determining at
what point your laptop crashes.

Then, instead of powering up 20 times or so, try waiting about 10mn
before you power-up. If the machine boots up normally, I would think a
piece of software is causing a very bad crash and you must identify it.

Finally, checking the hard drive for bad sectors could not hurt.

Once we know more, someone may be able to help you better.

--
John Doue
0
"I have to power on about 20 times before the computer verifies the ram and
boots up."

That sounds like no one's home (turn the computer on - hard drive spins,
screen doesn't light up, won't count RAM, floppy doesn't buzz, Scroll
Lock, Caps Lock won't flash once...  it's called computer won't post, or
no one's home) and could be serious.  Programs won't cause that.  The only
thing that you can do on your part is to see if the system's RAM could've
caused the problem (do that by removing the user-upgradeable memory chip
and running the system without it to see if it lasts).  I don't think a
hard drive could've cause the system to not even verify RAM, okay?   No
software (nor virus) could've caused the problem which you've mentioned,
either - if they did, the problem would be permanent.

If removing the RAM solved the problem, then good for you.  If not, it's
either the motherboard going bad, or the system is overheating and
shutting itself off and then refusing to turn on.  Inside your machine
there are two parts that you'll hear spinning noises from:  the hard drive
(higher pitch), and the cooling fan (lower pitch that comes on and off
when the internal thermostat gets to or below a certain temp).  Can you
hear both???

I can hear the fans, they are pretty loud and there's 2 of them but the hard
drive is only sometimes loud enough to hear. I will try taking out the ram.
is there a piece of software available to fix this problem?. to be honest I
didn't think it was software or virus problems but hey, what do I know.
Thanks for your input, I suppose I can stretch to new RAM but I'll be damned
if I'm going to buy a new laptop over this. This problem has happened about
4 times when using Newsbin pro 4.1 downloading headers and once when
rendering in viz render, my laptop works perfectly fine all other times,
some people have suggested some sort of RAM organising software like RAM
rocket which defrags the RAM and organises it so this problem shouldn't
happen again, would this sort of thing be worth looking into? I also just
finished a hard disk scan which found no errors.

Thanks for your help
Mark

"bobchang" <totallyincorrect@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "I have to power on about 20 times before the computer verifies the ram
and
> boots up."
>
> That sounds like no one's home (turn the computer on - hard drive spins,
> screen doesn't light up, won't count RAM, floppy doesn't buzz, Scroll
> Lock, Caps Lock won't flash once...  it's called computer won't post, or
> no one's home) and could be serious.  Programs won't cause that.  The only
> thing that you can do on your part is to see if the system's RAM could've
> caused the problem (do that by removing the user-upgradeable memory chip
> and running the system without it to see if it lasts).  I don't think a
> hard drive could've cause the system to not even verify RAM, okay?   No
> software (nor virus) could've caused the problem which you've mentioned,
> either - if they did, the problem would be permanent.
>
> If removing the RAM solved the problem, then good for you.  If not, it's
> either the motherboard going bad, or the system is overheating and
> shutting itself off and then refusing to turn on.  Inside your machine
> there are two parts that you'll hear spinning noises from:  the hard drive
> (higher pitch), and the cooling fan (lower pitch that comes on and off
> when the internal thermostat gets to or below a certain temp).  Can you
> hear both???

0
info6296 (4)
4/24/2004 11:51:16 PM
Remo-Shiva wrote:
> I can hear the fans, they are pretty loud and there's 2 of them but the hard
> drive is only sometimes loud enough to hear. I will try taking out the ram.
> is there a piece of software available to fix this problem?. to be honest I
> didn't think it was software or virus problems but hey, what do I know.
> Thanks for your input, I suppose I can stretch to new RAM but I'll be damned
> if I'm going to buy a new laptop over this. This problem has happened about
> 4 times when using Newsbin pro 4.1 downloading headers and once when
> rendering in viz render, my laptop works perfectly fine all other times,
> some people have suggested some sort of RAM organising software like RAM
> rocket which defrags the RAM and organises it so this problem shouldn't
> happen again, would this sort of thing be worth looking into? I also just
> finished a hard disk scan which found no errors.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Mark
>

> "bobchang" <totallyincorrect@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>"I have to power on about 20 times before the computer verifies the ram
>
> and
>
>>boots up."
>>
>>That sounds like no one's home (turn the computer on - hard drive spins,
>>screen doesn't light up, won't count RAM, floppy doesn't buzz, Scroll
>>Lock, Caps Lock won't flash once...  it's called computer won't post, or
>>no one's home) and could be serious.  Programs won't cause that.  The only
>>thing that you can do on your part is to see if the system's RAM could've
>>caused the problem (do that by removing the user-upgradeable memory chip
>>and running the system without it to see if it lasts).  I don't think a
>>hard drive could've cause the system to not even verify RAM, okay?   No
>>software (nor virus) could've caused the problem which you've mentioned,
>>either - if they did, the problem would be permanent.
>>
>>If removing the RAM solved the problem, then good for you.  If not, it's
>>either the motherboard going bad, or the system is overheating and
>>shutting itself off and then refusing to turn on.  Inside your machine
>>there are two parts that you'll hear spinning noises from:  the hard drive
>>(higher pitch), and the cooling fan (lower pitch that comes on and off
>>when the internal thermostat gets to or below a certain temp).  Can you
>>hear both???

If I understand what you are saying, your machine works normally except
when you use two specific programs. It seems to me, this clearly points
to a problem with those two programs and I would not mess with the Ram.
Stay away from programs which claim to reorganize RAM: the chances that
they will cause problems are much higher than that of solving problems.
No way such a software can help you and if you have installed such
software, uninstall it, at least until the problem is solved.

As I suggested, even if you know little about computer, there is nothing
difficult about being methodical in determining when and what makes your
laptop crash. I respectfully disagree with bobchang who says that no
software can cause the type of crash you are experiencing: it is my
experience that some very bad cashes require that the machine remains
shut off a significant amount of time before normal operation is again
possible. In some cases, such crashes will even impact the Bios and
change your settings.

Before you start touching your hardware, especially given the fact you
clearly say you are inexperienced, I strongly advise you to take a safer
approach. If you determine that crashes always happen while using one or
two pieces of software, I suggest checking with the editor that you have
a version compatible with your operating system and then uninstall the
version you have now and try reinstalling the same or the latest
version. If the crashes occur again, some incompatibility is happening
and I would call the technical support line of the editor.

Best regards

--
John Doue
0

I suggested removing RAM since it's the easiest, and also the only thing,
that a user can do.  I mean, how bad can it be running with half a gig of
RAM?

FWIW, a hard drive having bad sectors WILL NOT cause a system to not post.
 That ain't gonna happen either :-)

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:38:36 +0100, "Remo-Shiva"
<info@areyoufedup.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have experienced a few crashes recently where during an operation,
>downloading from newsgroups or rendering a 3d image my laptop crashes. One
>minute its working fine then I hear a little hard drive noise then the
>laptop switches itself off, and I have to power on about 20 times before the
>computer verifies the ram and boots up. I've owned this laptop for over a
>year and hove only recently been experiencing this problem, in the last 2
>weeks or so, I am using the same software I always had, newsbin pro 4.1 for
>downloading and autocad, 3d max and architectural desktop for rendering and
>modelling. My laptop spec is pentium 4 2.6ghz, 1gb RAM, 64mb ati mobility
>radeon 7500 integrated graphics card, running Windows XP Pro SP1 plus all
>the usual.

Instead of trying to boot 20 times, give the thing a rest for 20
minutes.  Sounds like a heat problem to me, and a p4 stuffed into a
laptop is a pretty good candidate for overheating.  Maybe one of your
fans isn't working like it used to, or maybe you have some air holes
blocked.  If it is overheating and the fans are working right, you
have a serious hardware problem developing.
0
hillco (132)
4/25/2004 3:25:39 PM
Well, I took apart the back, took out the heatsink, vacumed out the 2 fans
and looked at the side of the heatsink and guess what I found?.......A
literal carpet of crap consisting mainly of fluff & hair. I have now put it
back together and can hardly hear my laptop, I was very pleased when I found
all that crap, which sounds strange but it means there wasn't a serious
problem. What I am going to do now is work my laptop harder than ever, I'm
going to download, play music and render a complex 3d object all at the same
time and I'm gonna see what happens, hopefully nothing bad will.

Thanks for all your input, newsgroups are great aren't they?
Mark

"Chris Hill" <hillco@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:38:36 +0100, "Remo-Shiva"
> <info@areyoufedup.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have experienced a few crashes recently where during an operation,
> >downloading from newsgroups or rendering a 3d image my laptop crashes.
One
> >minute its working fine then I hear a little hard drive noise then the
> >laptop switches itself off, and I have to power on about 20 times before
the
> >computer verifies the ram and boots up. I've owned this laptop for over a
> >year and hove only recently been experiencing this problem, in the last 2
> >weeks or so, I am using the same software I always had, newsbin pro 4.1
for
> >downloading and autocad, 3d max and architectural desktop for rendering
and
> >modelling. My laptop spec is pentium 4 2.6ghz, 1gb RAM, 64mb ati mobility
> >radeon 7500 integrated graphics card, running Windows XP Pro SP1 plus all
> >the usual.
>

> Instead of trying to boot 20 times, give the thing a rest for 20
> minutes.  Sounds like a heat problem to me, and a p4 stuffed into a
> laptop is a pretty good candidate for overheating.  Maybe one of your
> fans isn't working like it used to, or maybe you have some air holes
> blocked.  If it is overheating and the fans are working right, you
> have a serious hardware problem developing.

0
info6296 (4)
4/25/2004 6:09:02 PM
Chris Hill wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:38:36 +0100, "Remo-Shiva"
> <info@areyoufedup.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi All,
>>
>>I have experienced a few crashes recently where during an operation,
>>downloading from newsgroups or rendering a 3d image my laptop crashes. One
>>minute its working fine then I hear a little hard drive noise then the
>>laptop switches itself off, and I have to power on about 20 times before the
>>computer verifies the ram and boots up. I've owned this laptop for over a
>>year and hove only recently been experiencing this problem, in the last 2
>>weeks or so, I am using the same software I always had, newsbin pro 4.1 for
>>downloading and autocad, 3d max and architectural desktop for rendering and
>>modelling. My laptop spec is pentium 4 2.6ghz, 1gb RAM, 64mb ati mobility
>>radeon 7500 integrated graphics card, running Windows XP Pro SP1 plus all
>>the usual.
>

> Instead of trying to boot 20 times, give the thing a rest for 20
> minutes.  Sounds like a heat problem to me, and a p4 stuffed into a
> laptop is a pretty good candidate for overheating.  Maybe one of your
> fans isn't working like it used to, or maybe you have some air holes
> blocked.  If it is overheating and the fans are working right, you
> have a serious hardware problem developing.

Good thinking, Chris. Since I never personally had this experience (my
laptop being a PIII) and since no mention of the fans coming on was
made, the overheating possibility did not occur to me. You learn every day.

Regards

--
John Doue
0

Need help after computer crash
My computer recently crashed, and I sent it to Best Buy Geek Squad for recovery. I did not ask them to recover my programs or data because I already have original disks for programs and backups for data. Ironically, I cannot find the paid disk for Eudora, but I do have a copy of the download for Eudora 7, and I have my registration number. I kept copies of all the *.toc and *.mbx files. I copied them into the same location where I found the same type of files after I installed Eudora 7. (going through the help|about file and clicking on the path at the bottom of the screen),...

Need Computer or Laptop Help?
Hello, My name is Paul and if you have a PC or laptop that it broken I would be glad to help you. I don't want you to ship it to me or anything! All I want yoo to do is email me and I will try to help you. I will not accept anybody mailing there computer to me! If you need some help in making a decision in which computer or laptop you should buy. I know alot about computers and I have helped people before. I usally will reccomend a dell. I will sometimes give you the model number that would probably sute you. Just e-mail me at paulrosenthal@juno.com "Paul" <paulrosenthal@juno.com> wrote in message news:49f7be09.0409111147.1880f0e9@posting.google.com... | I usally | will reccomend a dell. So much for credibility ;) Recommend Dell? Work there do you! "Paul" <paulrosenthal@juno.com> wrote in message news:49f7be09.0409111147.1880f0e9@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > My name is Paul and if you have a PC or laptop that it broken I would > be glad to help you. I don't want you to ship it to me or anything! > All I want yoo to do is email me and I will try to help you. I will > not accept anybody mailing there computer to me! If you need some help > in making a decision in which computer or laptop you should buy. I > know alot about computers and I have helped people before. I usally > will reccomend a dell. I will sometimes give you the model number that > would probably sute you. Just e-mail me at pau...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

Son's computer crash, need some YD help-he leaves in 5 hours.
All, my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I can do nothing else. I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something. What should I look for here? On Sat, 09 Aug 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.setup, in article <op.ufmfnspg03errv@acer-47253a5cc0.hsd1.ct.comcast.net>, GrailKing wrote: >All, my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow >Dog install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo >...

Help for Laptop Christmas shopper? i need help
Okay I am wanting to get a laptop for christmas, here is what I would like to have included, although not all these choices are must haves, the best combination of all for a good price is what im looking for ... what do you all think .. please send me some suggestions: - lots of memory - good speed - good modem / internet peckage - DVD player - CD burnder - DVD burner - good speakers (either built in or add on) - external mouse - Camera (with video and picture capability) - good screen with clear picture - carrying case - good battery life / battery hook up - good size, not to small not too big i will be using this mostly for dvd watching, cd/dvd burning, and internet (browsing and email) please let me know thanks in advance Roxyscary wrote: > Okay I am wanting to get a laptop for christmas, here is what I would like to > have included, although not all these choices are must haves, the best > combination of all for a good price is what im looking for ... what do you all > think .. please send me some suggestions: > > - lots of memory > - good speed > - good modem / internet peckage > - DVD player > - CD burnder > - DVD burner > - good speakers (either built in or add on) > - external mouse > - Camera (with video and picture capability) > - good screen with clear picture > - carrying case > - good battery life / battery hook up > - good size, not to small not too big > > i will be using this mostly for dvd watchi...

Laptop Computer Furniture..(laptop computers)
laptop computers Laptops are small portable computers. They can be carried along, just like a small briefcase. They are convenient as they can be carried during travel. The furniture for this also has to be as per the dimensions of the laptop. With laptops being lighter and portable, the associated computer furniture is also becoming attractive and economical. A customer can choose from a variety of mobile laptop computer stands and desks. Some styles are foldable and perfect for travel. These laptop stands are good for small spaces. There are laptop computer desks to hold laptops, which can be rolled up to the conference room or to the bedside. Seat mounted desks are the perfect mobile organizer, for a laptop. They can be attached onto car seats. This enables the person to work even while being driven. Lap desks are very convenient and create a convenient work- table, wherever he sits. It costs around $99.00. Laptop caddy is a modification to the desks. This adjusts and tilts, so that the user can work anywhere in comfort. It is priced at $149.00. There are specially designed file compartments, which provide easy access to files and documents. This furniture is without a drill base mount, which is fully adjustable and removable in seconds. Adjustable laptop visor is another such accessory. It is adjustable to fit any laptop computer screen. It prevents glare and provides privacy. It is responsible for increasing productivity by reducing eyestrain and also protects the la...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): > State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). > plot 10 realisations of X(t) > plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t So what have you tried? If you have not tried anything, this is a suggestion that you were not paying attention in class. Make an effort. John "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)]...

I need help with my laptop
I need some help with my laptop and this looks like the busiest Linux group, so I hope someone can help me. I was having problems with Windows 98 on my Toshiba Satellite so some grad student put Linux on it for me. It looks nice but now it's really slow. It's faster to print my papers but just moving the menus and stuff is a lot slower. Can someone kindly tell me the setting where I can change this? Thanks, Heather Heather Meyer wrote: > I need some help with my laptop and this looks like the busiest Linux > group, so I hope someone can help me. > > I was havin...

Need help with my laptop
The battery suddenly stopped charging , if i disconnect the wire from the outlet the laptop turns off , even if i connected it it wont charge , it will only turn on 2 days ago i saw that the battery light on the laptop that is supposed to glow blue , it glowed red and started turning on and off , i opened the laptop and turned it on , it turned on but the fans didnt spin , i didnt wait for the pc to burn up so i turned it off , disconnected the battery and tried again , it worked normally , but still i cant charge it , whats going on !? [image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NANvPYI87PM/TULIfurnxII/AAAAAAAAAP4/4V7fdO5l_og/s320/images2.jpj.jpeg] In news:PcGAmeR22.502sk4@no.email.invalid, PcGAmeR22 wrote: > The battery suddenly stopped charging , if i disconnect the wire from > the outlet the laptop turns off , even if i connected it it wont > charge , it will only turn on > 2 days ago i saw that the battery light on the laptop that is supposed > to glow blue , it glowed red and started turning on and off , i opened > the laptop and turned it on , it turned on but the fans didnt spin , i > didnt wait for the pc to burn up so i turned it off , disconnected the > battery and tried again , it worked normally , but still i cant charge > it , whats going on !? > [image: > http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NANvPYI87PM/TULIfurnxII/AAAAAAAAAP4/4V7fdO5l_og/s320/images2.jpj.jpeg] Typical symptom of a battery that went bad. Although if the power supply can't ...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com Just wanted to thank those that have visited and/or joined. If you haven't yet visted, please do so! PC Dude offers help for users of all experience levels. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com. Gary335 wrote: > PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for > all your computer problems. Check us out at > http://pcdude.proboards86.com ...

computer help needed
Still under constructution, and needs people to post please visit www.computerhelp247.net help with everything computer related, video, audio xp, 2000, vista and more, do you know your stuff? moderators needed prove yourself, see if your up to it, help others to fix their computer problems. The new help forum for all, visit www.computerhelp247.net computer help 24/7 wrote: >Still under constructution, .. What, your spell-checker? >..and needs people to post please visit >www.computerspam247.net >help with everything computer related, video, audio xp, 2000, vista and >...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com Just wanted to thank again those who have taken a look at my forum. Also wanted to invite again those who haven't yet taken a look or joined. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com. Thank you! Gary335 wrote: > PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for > all your computer problems. Check us out at > http://pcdude.proboards86.com Just wanted to thank again those who have taken a look at my forum. Also wanted to invite again those who haven't yet taken a look or joined. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com. Thank you! Gary335 wrote: > Just wanted to thank again those who have taken a look at my forum. > Also wanted to invite again those who haven't yet taken a look or > joined. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com. Thank you! > > Gary335 wrote: > > PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for > > all your computer problems. Check us out at > > http://pcdude.proboards86.com ...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com ...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com On 28 Sep 2006 14:17:27 -0700, "Gary335" <gary335@gmail.com> wrote: >PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for >all your computer problems. Check us out at >http://pcdude.proboards86.com Small potatoes sonny... A_C ...

I need help with my laptop
Hi, I have a KDS Valiant 671XH notebook PC. I am having a problem with my screen. The computer boots up fine but the monitor is super duper dim at all times. And I can plug an external Monitor in so I know it is not the graphics card. I have tried to find knobs on the outside to increase the brightness but have not found any. Does ANYONE out there know where I can find a user manual for dl on the internet, or does someone know where I can find the stupid toggle? Please assist thank you. Geoff It's possible that this is a power setting, but from your description, it sounds more like bad lamps or a bad inverter (more likely a bad inverter). As to power settings, get into the setup part of the BIOS and see if there is a setting for it. Geoff wrote: > Hi, I have a KDS Valiant 671XH notebook PC. I am having a problem with my > screen. The computer boots up fine but the monitor is super duper dim at > all times. And I can plug an external Monitor in so I know it is not the > graphics card. I have tried to find knobs on the outside to increase the > brightness but have not found any. Does ANYONE out there know where I can > find a user manual for dl on the internet, or does someone know where I can > find the stupid toggle? Please assist thank you. > > Geoff > > "Geoff" <gergath@telus.net> wrote in message news:WCjRc.70594$T_6.66705@edtnps89... > Hi, I have a KDS Valiant 671XH notebook PC. I am havin...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com ...

PLEASE Help, I Need A Crashed Disk HD Image/Forensics Data Recovery Tool, I am Desperate for HELP!!
Hello, I Really need some help finding a really good program that will take a sector by sector image of a harddrive!! The OS on the drive is XP, I can use Fedora or Windows Win2K/3K to run any of the apps suggested or uploaded. Ghost won't see the drive dd runs into errors; I need something that will take an image regardless of any errors. The Also what would be the best app to use to look at the image and pull any good data? I've used a few live CDs that has that capability but I'd like to find the best solution I can. I am honestly desperate at this point...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Need help with help
Running GIMP 2.6.7 on 32-bit Gentoo linux I know about RTFM, but clicking on "Help" is futile. Step 1) I get an error box that says... > help Messge > Could not open 'http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-help.xml' > for reading: Operation not supported > Perhaps you are missing GIO backends and need to install GVFS What is it talking about? Step 2) I open up that URL with Firefox 3.0.14 and I get a bunch of gibberish like,,, This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. <gimp-help> <help-item id="gimp-main" ref="index.html" title="GNU Image Manipulation Program" parent=""/> <help-item id="preface" ref="preface.html" title="Preface" parent="gimp-main"/> <help-item id="gimp-team" ref="preface.html#gimp-team" title="1. GIMP User Manual Authors and Contributors" parent="preface"/> <help-item id="getting-started" ref="getting-started.html" title="I. Getting Started" parent="gimp-main"/> <help-item id="introduction" ref="introduction.html" title="1. Introduction" parent="getting-started"/> <help-item id="introduction-gimp" ref="introduction.html#introduction-gimp" title="1. Welcome to GIMP"...

need help choosing laptop
I am looking for a work laptop w/ docking station. It will be used for graphics and high definition image manipulation type work. I will travel a lot so weight is also important. Must have are: - processor: min. 2GHz, min. 533MHz FSB - user removable hard drive, min 60Gb - < 7 lbs - display >or=14" - OS: Windows 2000 or XP - memory min. 1Gb, 533MHz - min CD R/W Nice to have: - removable hard drive 80 to 100 Gb - < 6 lbs - CD and DVD R/W Any other specs I should consider? Any suggestions of laptop? Thanks, Marie If you are traveling, then you might want to consider a built in modem, ethernet, and wireless connection. Most hotels and motels now offer at least one of the three. Larry www.ibm.com "marie" <whitwam@magma.ca> wrote in message news:K-6dnTCczoFc47XZ4p2dnA@magma.ca... >I am looking for a work laptop w/ docking station. It will be used for > graphics and high definition image manipulation type work. I will travel > a > lot so weight is also important. > Must have are: > - processor: min. 2GHz, min. 533MHz FSB > - user removable hard drive, min 60Gb > - < 7 lbs > - display >or=14" > - OS: Windows 2000 or XP > - memory min. 1Gb, 533MHz > - min CD R/W > > Nice to have: > - removable hard drive 80 to 100 Gb > - < 6 lbs > - CD and DVD R/W > > Any other specs I should consider? > Any suggestions of laptop? > Thanks, Marie > > > ...

Computational help needed very much!
Dear Mathematica Owners, If Yours Mathematica programme isn't too much explored and You can run procedure which will be count about 12 hours let email to me privately on email: grafix@csl.pl I would like to create set of 1000 points as b file to Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences I will be gretafull for every computational help! By myself alone I need few months but with help e.g. 10 persons we can create them together in few days. Best wishes Artur ...

Help Needed By Computer Museum
Hello my name is John Keys and I'm the founder and Executive Director of the Houston Computer Museum and we need everyone's help in getting our doors back open again. Please visit our website at www.houstoncomputermuseum.org and read about our Just A Buck fund raiser we have going on right now. If you can send $1 or more it would be of great help. Thanks for reading this. John Keys We also have a wanted list for items needed for our various collections. Keys wrote: > > Hello my name is John Keys and I'm the founder and Executive Director of the >...

Web resources about - computer crash, need help - comp.sys.laptops

Computer Show

'Locky' ransomware scam hits tens of thousands of Australian computers
Sophisticated software steals personal information from social media so victims trust AustraliaPost scam email containing ransomware.

'Locky' ransomware scam hits tens of thousands of Australian computers
Sophisticated software steals personal information from social media so victims trust AustraliaPost scam email containing ransomware.

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

This Microsoft exec's hilarious presentation fail shows why computer translation is so difficult
... are part of your charm," Lee says. Still, there's cause for optimism that this problem will be solved. In the next four to five years, computers ...

Human champ stunned as computer wins at "Go"
Human champ stunned as computer wins at "Go"

Google exec can't wait for a computer to love him
Technically Incorrect: Ray Kurzweil insists that in the near future computers will know what it is to think and be like us.

Authorities seize computers, knives from teen suspect's home
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) — Authorities in southwest Ohio have seized computers, knives, a BB gun and other items from the home of a 14-year-old ...