connecting a pc to laptop

hello,
is there any way to connect my cpu, keyboard and mouse to my laptop
using the kvm switch?

recently my montior got broken, i do have a spare old laptop. i want to
use the laptop screen as my primary monitor to work with my pc...

so i want to connect my pc and laptop thru kvm switch, and using laptop
as my primary monitor...

any help would be appreciated

thanks

0
balajitmr (1)

balajitmr@gmail.com wrote:
> hello,
> is there any way to connect my cpu, keyboard and mouse to my laptop
> using the kvm switch?
>
> recently my montior got broken, i do have a spare old laptop. i want to
> use the laptop screen as my primary monitor to work with my pc...
>
> so i want to connect my pc and laptop thru kvm switch, and using laptop
> as my primary monitor...
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> thanks

  I don't think so. You can easily use a desktop monitor with a
laptop, but I don't think there is a way to use a laptop LCD with a
desktop. The problem is the video to the laptop LCD is an internal
connector on the main board with a ribbon cable to a connector on the
LCD. You would need a video cable that connected your desktop to that
little ribbon cable connector on the laptop.

jimbo
0
jimbo62 (120)
2/3/2006 2:24:53 AM
Try MaxiVista http://www.maxivista.com/

This appears to do what you want.  Although a secondhand CRT monitor would
not be overly expensive.

Regards

Nick

0
nickm3267 (7)

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

PC World Finds Apple Laptops Cheaper Than PC Laptops
From The Mac Observer: http://www.macobserver.com/article/2008/07/09.7.shtml Cuss and discuss. PC World Finds Apple Laptops Cheaper Than PC Laptops by Bryan Chaffin, 2:15 PM EDT, July 9th, 2008 If you want to compare apples to PCs, don't buy into the old hype that MacBooks and MacBook Pros cost more than a PC laptop, according to the Windows-oriented PC World magazine. The magazine compared Apple's MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air to similarly configured laptops from Dell, HP, and Lenovo, and found that Apple's offerings were the cheaper, with a caveat or two. The first caveat is in the MacBook Air and Lenovo X300 comparison, which found that the Chinese laptop was cheaper if you bought it with a 20% discount that was being offered when the systems were configured on 6/20/2008 (that discount is still available as of this writing on 7/9/2008). PC World found that the discounted price of the X300 was US$2711 with 3rd party photo and video editing software, compared $3,098 for the MacBook Air. The second caveat is that PC World included software in its pricing comparisons. The magazine included copies of Adobe's Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements for $99 in order to make the PC laptops from all three vendors include (some of) the same functionality as Apple's iLife suite, which is included in Apple's MacBook line for free. PC apologists often discount the inclusion of iLife as a point of comparison, while PC World felt...

connecting a pc to a laptop
hello, i have a personal computer running win XP and lap top running win XP i just want to connect the laptop to the pc, to transfer some documents to the laptop. how should I connect them both using ethernet cards, i have an ethernet cable also. I dont' want any internet connection on any one, just want to connect both through a single ethernet wire nothing else, so how should do it? give me some steps... On Jun 17, 5:06 pm, rajesh kalra <rajeshkalr...@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > i have a personal computer running win XP > and lap top running win XP > i just want to ...

Connecting my PC and Laptop
My PC runs Windows 98 Second Edition and is connected to the router via cable. My laptop runs Windows XP Home Edition and is connected to the rounter via wireless. I have set up a network with the same work group on both computers, but I do not see the laptop on the PC network and vice versa. Can you please tell me how to connect these two computers. Thanks. Iv had this problem as well, I was able to fix it by goin into network connection under the Advanced tab click optional tools and them check them all, this worked for more than once. ...

connecting laptop pc to corportate lan and hotel internet connection
hi, i travel with work and often use the internet connection in a hotel for work. we've been instructed NOT to connect our laptop computers to customer corporate LANs since it messes up the network configuration on our PC (to do with network topologies). Needless to say its not something I'd do for this and a number of other reasons. I'm curious to understand, however, the difference between both types of connections, namely: - what protocols are found on each (dns etc...) - what happens on each network connection when you login to windows xp - is it possible to attach a pc from on...

connecting laptop pc to corportate lan and hotel internet connection
hi, i travel with work and often use the internet connection in a hotel for work. we've been instructed NOT to connect our laptop computers to customer corporate LANs since it messes up the network configuration on our PC (to do with network topologies). Needless to say its not something I'd do for this and a number of other reasons. I'm curious to understand, however, the difference between both types of connections, namely: - what protocols are found on each (dns etc...) - what happens on each network connection when you login to windows xp - is it possible to attach a pc from on...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

connecting a pc to a laptop #2
hello, i have a personal computer running win XP and lap top running win XP i just want to connect the laptop to the pc, to transfer some documents to the laptop. how should I connect them both using ethernet cards, i have an ethernet cable also. I dont' want any internet connection on any one, just want to connect both through a single ethernet wire nothing else, so how should do it? give me some steps... In article <c0f3788d-c5a2-4a13-babc-f5febec01991@x19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, rajesh kalra <rajeshkalra86@gmail.com> wrote: > i have a personal computer running wi...

HDD-PC connect to Laptop
Hello, I have to connect HDD-PC (large) to connector HDD in laptop, somebody did it?? rafal RM <rmajda@poczta.fm> wrote: > Hello, > > I have to connect HDD-PC (large) to connector HDD in laptop, somebody > did it?? USB external HD housing. Regards, James ...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

[Laptop - Connectors]
Hi all, I have an old Toshiba CS110 laptop, of which I would like to use the keyboard and the LCD screen to connect to a mini ATX motherboard. I already searched the web, but without success. My questions are simple : - How can I convert the laptop keyboard cable into a PS/2 compatible connector ? - How can I convert the laptop LCD screen cable into VGA compatible connector ? Thanks ! Flavien --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date: 30/06/03 ...

connecting laptop to pc via lan.
I recently realizad (duh) that my pc has an ethernet jack (rj45?) and my laptop has a lan/modem card. So in theory I can connect one to the other. I guess I can tranfer files between them. Any other use like printer sharing, possible? What software so I need. Does win98 come w/ some basic stuff I can use. Any other software suggestions? Freeware? What cable do I need? I believe that I could use cat5, but I just want to make sure, as I've seen a Cat6 as well. thanks in advance al CAT5 rollover cable if you want to just connect them together and yes, every Microsoft os since Windows f...

How do i connect hard disc from PC to my laptop?
How do i connect hard disc from PC to my Laptop? Is some specified cable needed? I don' t know myself about it but i need to plug in one hard disc to my laptop and i don' t know how to to it. Fbeel ohg zl ynathntr vfa' g orfg... v nz ab ratyvfu. Regards. Depends on what you mean by connect. If you mean to be able to read and access materials stored on your PC while on you lap top you can use a cross over cable (if you have XP you can use the file sharing icon). You can also add a router to create a small network and then give shares on the drive you want, and access them a...

how to connect between two laptops and an embedded PC?
I am using two laptops and one embedded PC. I am connecting from one laptop (say A : 192.168.0.1 subnet : 255.255.255.0) connecting to embedded PC (say B: ip: 192.168.0.3, subnet : 255.255.255.0 ) via the ethernet cable. I am connecting from another laptop (say C : 192.168.0.2 subnet : 255.255.255.0) connecting to embedded PC (say B: ip: 192.168.0.4, subnet : 255.255.255.0 ) via the ethernet cable. embedded Pc consists of qnx RTOS. Laptop A consists of QNX momentics IDE and running my program on embedded PC (which is B: Contains QNX RTOS) Laptop C consists of INTECRIO tool and conn...

Notebook, Laptop Repair Company London, PC Computer Repair, Laptop
Notebook, Laptop Repair Company London, PC Computer Repair, Laptop Repairing Service London With Creative IT, you can take advantage of onsite and offsite notebook / laptop repair services. Creative IT offers an onsite laptop and notebook repair service based on a two-hour response time in and around London. We repair all brand names of laptops and notebooks. If the repair cannot be carried out onsite, we will take laptop to our workshop in Central London and return it in perfect working condition within the 24 to 48 hours. London laptop and notebook repairs are our specialty. http://www.p6mm.cn ...

how to activesync my pocket pc and my laptop with a wifi connection ?
Is it possible to sync my ipaq pocket pc and my pc throught a wifi connection and not a cable provided with the pocket pc ? (i've got a sandisk wifi card into my pocket pc and another wifi card into my laptop) thanks "Pierre" <traul@freespam.fr> wrote in message news:traul-E86862.23581621122004@asterion.isp.9tel.net... > Is it possible to sync my ipaq pocket pc and my pc throught a wifi > connection and not a cable provided with the pocket pc ? > > (i've got a sandisk wifi card into my pocket pc and another wifi card > into my lapto...

Trying to connect my main home PC to a laptop
I have a main PC and a new laptop, both running WinXP. I have them connected with a LAN lead and each machine shows up with a little Computer icon on their task bars saying that my LAN is connected. However, I cannot find any access from one machine through to the other? What is the final key/secret to this? I have been trying for about three months without success :-( They still appear to remain separate computers with no connection to each other! -- Quilljar On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:24:45 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: ...

Notebook, Laptop Repair Company London, PC Computer Repair, Laptop Repairing Service London
Notebook, Laptop Repair Company London, PC Computer Repair, Laptop Repairing Service London With Creative IT, you can take advantage of onsite and offsite notebook / laptop repair services. Creative IT offers an onsite laptop and notebook repair service based on a two-hour response time in and around London. We repair all brand names of laptops and notebooks. If the repair cannot be carried out onsite, we will take laptop to our workshop in Central London and return it in perfect working condition within the 24 to 48 hours. London laptop and notebook repairs are our specialty. http://www.p6mm.cn ...

how to connect PC Card Modem to laptop
Operating System: Windows XP PC Card Modem: Psion Gold Card Global 56k + Fax My old laptop had a couple of PC Card slots, one of which was used for a PC Card Modem. Now, I am interested in connecting this PC Card Modem to my new Windows XP laptop, which does not have PC Card slots. So, I am looking for a good PC Card Reader. Any suggestions? Or, is there a better approach? "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote in message news:ir71jb$3ma$1@dont-email.me... > Operating System: Windows XP > PC Card Modem: Psion Gold Card Global 56k + Fax > > My old laptop had a couple of PC Card slots, > one of which was used for a PC Card Modem. > Now, I am interested in connecting this PC Card Modem to > my new Windows XP laptop, which does not have PC Card slots. > So, I am looking for a good PC Card Reader. Any suggestions? > Or, is there a better approach? > One of the following should suit your purpose: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=usb+modem+56k "ED" <xxagon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ir746m$gq2$1@dont-email.me... > > "Adam" <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote in message > news:ir71jb$3ma$1@dont-email.me... > > Operating System: Windows XP > > PC Card Modem: Psion Gold Card Global 56k + Fax > > > > My old laptop had a couple of PC Card slots, > > one of which was used for a ...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

laptop bag and laptop mouse
i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. -- Ian Lincoln Independent I.T Consultant Deathwalker <ian-lincoln@blueyonder.co.ukspam> wrote: > i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a > back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also > l...

Web resources about - connecting a pc to laptop - comp.sys.laptops

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Open Compute Project Focusing On Connecting Networking Hardware
The Open Compute Project , a Facebook-started consortium aimed at making data storage more efficient, announced Wednesday that it is now working ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

DLD15 - Connecting the Dots on IoT: Intelligence of Things (Michael Mendenhall, David Kirkpatrick) ...
In this fireside chat, we’ll be discussing how putting a new kind of intuition into the things we interact with isn’t just about making the devices ...