Could someone tell how I can get USB2.0 work in my notebook?

I'm running Win ME and I heard some people say USB2.0 won't work while some
tell me they would. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks in advance.

In article <4%tXc.46321$jZ5.14593@clgrps13>,
Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>I'm running Win ME and I heard some people say USB2.0 won't work while some
>tell me they would. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks in advance.

Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB 2.0
ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.

0
retsuhcs (143)
8/27/2004 12:18:26 AM
"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

> In article <4%tXc.46321$jZ5.14593@clgrps13>,
> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
> >I'm running Win ME and I heard some people say USB2.0 won't work while
some
> >tell me they would. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks in
advance.

> Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB 2.0
> ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.

I see.........so that means no in my case? My notebook has USB2.0 ports(no
firewire....doh) but I'm running ME. Any way to get it working? I don't
really want to waste money to get PCMCIA card to get USB2.0/firewire. Thanks
again.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:38:39 GMT, "Dan"
<REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:

>"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
>>
>> In article <4%tXc.46321$jZ5.14593@clgrps13>,
>> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>> >I'm running Win ME and I heard some people say USB2.0 won't work while
>some
>> >tell me they would. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks in
>advance.
>>
>> Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB 2.0
>> ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.
>
>I see.........so that means no in my case?

	That means yes in your case;  you need add-on drivers, but
otherwise should be fine.
	Emanuel

0
epbrown01 (165)
8/27/2004 7:41:23 AM
"E Brown" <epbrown01@att.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:38:39 GMT, "Dan"
> <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>

> >"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

> >some
> >advance.
> >>
> >> Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB
2.0
> >> ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.
> >
> >I see.........so that means no in my case?
>
> That means yes in your case;  you need add-on drivers, but
> otherwise should be fine.

Could you point out where I can find those drivers? Thanks.

Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:

> Could you point out where I can find those drivers? Thanks.

The only source would be your laptop manufacturer.

One is forced to ask how you wound up with such an _old_ OS (ME) on what has
to be a relatively new laptop, given the fact that it has USB2.0 ports?

You should seriously consider upgrading to either W2K or XP, both of which
provide native support for USB2.0.

--
Regards,

James

James4671 (373)
8/27/2004 1:40:20 PM
JHEM wrote:
> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>
>>Could you point out where I can find those drivers? Thanks.
>

> The only source would be your laptop manufacturer.
>
> One is forced to ask how you wound up with such an _old_ OS (ME) on what has
> to be a relatively new laptop, given the fact that it has USB2.0 ports?
>
> You should seriously consider upgrading to either W2K or XP, both of which
> provide native support for USB2.0.

This fair question being asked, the obvious suggestion would be the
laptop manufacturer, although I suspect a manufacturer of a laptop
equipped with USB2 ports will not support ME.

Take a look at http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=298 and see if this helps.

Regards

--
John Doue
0

E Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:38:39 GMT, "Dan"
> <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>

>>"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

>>some

>>advance.
>>
>>>Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB 2.0
>>>ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.
>>
>>I see.........so that means no in my case?
>

> 	That means yes in your case;  you need add-on drivers, but
> otherwise should be fine.
> 	Emanuel

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)
8/27/2004 2:19:03 PM
That's not true.  He needs USB 2.0 PORTS, which would normally come in
the form of a USB 2.0 PC-Card, and that card will usually come with 98
and ME drivers (also, XP drivers if needed).

JHEM wrote:

> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>
>>Could you point out where I can find those drivers? Thanks.
>

> The only source would be your laptop manufacturer.
>
> One is forced to ask how you wound up with such an _old_ OS (ME) on what has
> to be a relatively new laptop, given the fact that it has USB2.0 ports?
>
> You should seriously consider upgrading to either W2K or XP, both of which
> provide native support for USB2.0.

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)
8/27/2004 2:22:28 PM
In article <jovXc.56504$X12.42594@edtnps84>,
Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:

>"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
>>
>> In article <4%tXc.46321$jZ5.14593@clgrps13>,
>> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>> >I'm running Win ME and I heard some people say USB2.0 won't work while
>some
>> >tell me they would. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks in
>advance.
>>
>> Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB 2.0
>> ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.
>
>I see.........so that means no in my case? My notebook has USB2.0 ports(no
>firewire....doh) but I'm running ME. Any way to get it working? I don't
>really want to waste money to get PCMCIA card to get USB2.0/firewire. Thanks
>again.

check your laptop manufacturer's website for drivers, and see if USB 2.0
is supposed under Windows ME.

If not, you _might_ be able to use generic drivers if you can ascertain
what chipset your laptop uses for the enhanced USB controller (NEC, Intel,
etc). Lots of add-on cards use those chipsets, are furnished with
relatively generic drivers, and might be installable on your laptop if the
chipsets match.

0
retsuhcs (143)
8/27/2004 2:53:48 PM

> In article <jovXc.56504$X12.42594@edtnps84>,
> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> >"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

> >some
> >advance.
> >>
> >> Win ME does not have native support for USB 2.0, but most add-on USB
2.0
> >> ports have driver disks for it that work just fine.
> >
> >I see.........so that means no in my case? My notebook has USB2.0
ports(no
> >firewire....doh) but I'm running ME. Any way to get it working? I don't
> >really want to waste money to get PCMCIA card to get USB2.0/firewire.
Thanks
> >again.
>
> check your laptop manufacturer's website for drivers, and see if USB 2.0
> is supposed under Windows ME.

Unforturnately nothing is there other then intel chipset drivers and
stuff..........

> If not, you _might_ be able to use generic drivers if you can ascertain
> what chipset your laptop uses for the enhanced USB controller (NEC, Intel,
> etc). Lots of add-on cards use those chipsets, are furnished with
> relatively generic drivers, and might be installable on your laptop if the
> chipsets match.

I think they're NEC chipset......not sure though. Do you know where I can
download them to try all out? Thanks.

"Dan" <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote in

> I think they're NEC chipset......not sure though. Do you know where I
> can download them to try all out? Thanks.

trying out a bunch of drivers = bad news.

you DO know that no driver is capable of changing your USB 1 port to a USB
2 port, correct?   If your laptop has regular USB ports, you will need to
buy a card that will give your laptop USB 2.0 ports.
0
heyho (434)
8/27/2004 8:42:59 PM
In article <vHIXc.19671$A8.18205@edtnps89>,
Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:

>"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
>>
>> In article <jovXc.56504$X12.42594@edtnps84>,
>> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

>> >some
>> >advance.

>2.0
>> >
>> >I see.........so that means no in my case? My notebook has USB2.0
>ports(no
>> >firewire....doh) but I'm running ME. Any way to get it working? I don't
>> >really want to waste money to get PCMCIA card to get USB2.0/firewire.
>Thanks
>> >again.
>>
>> check your laptop manufacturer's website for drivers, and see if USB 2.0
>> is supposed under Windows ME.
>
>Unforturnately nothing is there other then intel chipset drivers and
>stuff..........
>
>> If not, you _might_ be able to use generic drivers if you can ascertain
>> what chipset your laptop uses for the enhanced USB controller (NEC, Intel,
>> etc). Lots of add-on cards use those chipsets, are furnished with
>> relatively generic drivers, and might be installable on your laptop if the
>> chipsets match.
>
>I think they're NEC chipset......not sure though. Do you know where I can
>download them to try all out? Thanks.

Among (probably) numerous others, Belkin, SIIG, and Adaptec use the NEC
chipset in their USB 2.0 add-in cards. They seem to use the same
(or similar) driver sets written by Orange Micro.

I'm pretty sure Intel's drivers cna be downloaded from their motherboard
support web site, but I have no direct knowledge of that to share.

0
retsuhcs (143)
8/27/2004 8:56:48 PM
Hi Barry,

Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> That's not true.  He needs USB 2.0 PORTS, which would normally come in
> the form of a USB 2.0 PC-Card, and that card will usually come with 98
> and ME drivers (also, XP drivers if needed).

The OP's original post stated that he his laptop already _HAS_ USB2.0 ports,
but he can't get them to work under ME.

--
Regards,

James

James4671 (373)
8/27/2004 9:02:52 PM
JHEM wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> > That's not true.  He needs USB 2.0 PORTS, which would normally come in
> > the form of a USB 2.0 PC-Card, and that card will usually come with 98
> > and ME drivers (also, XP drivers if needed).
>
> The OP's original post stated that he his laptop already _HAS_ USB2.0 ports,
> but he can't get them to work under ME.

Maybe if the OP stated the brand/model of his system, there'd be a better
idea on where to direct him.

Dan?

Notan
0
notan (388)
> JHEM wrote:
> >
> > Hi Barry,
> >
> > Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> > > That's not true.  He needs USB 2.0 PORTS, which would normally come in
> > > the form of a USB 2.0 PC-Card, and that card will usually come with 98
> > > and ME drivers (also, XP drivers if needed).
> >
> > The OP's original post stated that he his laptop already _HAS_ USB2.0
ports,
> > but he can't get them to work under ME.
>
> Maybe if the OP stated the brand/model of his system, there'd be a better
> idea on where to direct him.

Sorry. It's an Compaq EVO N610C.

"Good Man" <heyho@letsgo.com> wrote in message
> "Dan" <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote in
>

> > I think they're NEC chipset......not sure though. Do you know where I
> > can download them to try all out? Thanks.
>

> trying out a bunch of drivers = bad news.
>
> you DO know that no driver is capable of changing your USB 1 port to a USB
> 2 port, correct?   If your laptop has regular USB ports, you will need to
> buy a card that will give your laptop USB 2.0 ports.

My notebook do came with USB2.0 ports. Of course I know you can't change 1.1
to 2.0 with just driver, duh!

I don't believe that any laptop that came with Windows ME had USB 2.0 ports.

JHEM wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>That's not true.  He needs USB 2.0 PORTS, which would normally come in
>>the form of a USB 2.0 PC-Card, and that card will usually come with 98
>>and ME drivers (also, XP drivers if needed).
>

> The OP's original post stated that he his laptop already _HAS_ USB2.0 ports,
> but he can't get them to work under ME.

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)
8/28/2004 12:40:02 AM
Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> I don't believe that any laptop that came with Windows ME had USB 2.0
> ports.

I couldn't agree with you more Barry, but I'm taking the OP at his word that
the unit has USB2.0 ports.

Obviously, for whatever reason, he's rolled the OS back to Win ME.

--
Regards,

James

James4671 (373)
8/28/2004 4:04:43 AM
Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:

> Sorry. It's an Compaq EVO N610C.

According to the Compaq support site for your system, it uses the NEC USB
chipset. And yes, the ports are USB2.0

But I believe the more important question is, did Win ME _ever_ support
USB2.0?

I feel the need to ask again, why do you insist on ME for this system?
Installing W2k or XP (Pro or Home) would immediately clear this problem up
for you.

--
Regards,

James

James4671 (373)
8/28/2004 4:13:55 AM
"JHEM" <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message
> Dan <REMOVECAPLETTERSxdualx@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry. It's an Compaq EVO N610C.
>
> According to the Compaq support site for your system, it uses the NEC USB
> chipset. And yes, the ports are USB2.0
>
> But I believe the more important question is, did Win ME _ever_ support
> USB2.0?
>
> I feel the need to ask again, why do you insist on ME for this system?
> Installing W2k or XP (Pro or Home) would immediately clear this problem up
> for you.

Well I use it to run some older games so I installed the ME after I got it.
So I've been use that os since then. It's working fine and I find it too
much hassle to upgrade os with the backup and stuff. So I would like to
stick with it. The only downside I'm having is transfer files. Via network
is a bit faster but still alot hassle if moving big chunk. Using 1.1 speed
is even worse. The notebook doesn't have firewire port so I can't use that
either.

Just wondering if it's possible I can get usb2.0 without installing newer os
or buying a pc card to get usb2.0 working/adding firewire port to transfer
stuff faster.

Dan wrote:

> Well I use it to run some older games so I installed the ME after I
> got it.

What games? Even DOS games can be made run in Windowsxp, so there is really
no need to use an old OS which doesn't support Your hardware and even won't
get the latest security holes fixed on a modern notebook.

Go with XP. It supports USB2.0, and is the much better OS overall,
especially for notebooks which incorporate technologies like ACPI and
Speedstep that ME doesn't really know...

Benjamin

0
bgawert (1322)

D845PEBT2 MB and USB2.0 devices ? Can't get 2 USB2.0 devices to work at once.
I have my case (Kingwin) front usb port connected to the onboard usb connectors. I cannot connect 2 usb2.0 devices at the same time. The second one will not be recognized by XP also it doesn't appear to get power (eg, no led lit on card reader). If I connect a 1.0 usb and 2.0 usb device, both work fine. Should 2 usb 2.0 devices be able to run at the same time? I had seen this when I had a HP 300e dvd burner and ADS hard drive kit both connected to the PC and thought it was some conflict. But now I just got a 2.0 Sandisk card reader and it also won't work if the HP burner is plugged in. So I then unplugged the HP and found the Sandisk and ADS drives also won't work. If the Sandisk is plugged in second, XP pops up with a USB device not recognized error, also no leds light up on the Sandisk and they light up right away if I plug it in first. -- Phil Tomaskovic Please remove NOSPAM from email return address. ...

can someone convert this 8.0 version to lavbivew 7.0? I only have 7.0 on my notebook right now thanks
Untitled2[1]_LV80.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/327072/1/Untitled2[1]_LV80.vi You forgot a sub VI and you'd better ask NI support to do it. Hi&nbsp; krispiekr?, i can�t save it for 7.0, but here are two picture which shows the code.Hope it helps. Mike Unbenannt1.PNG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/327159/1/Unbenannt1.PNG Unbenannt3.PNG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/327159/2/Unbenannt3.PNG Hi, You are missing some subVI's like mentioned.Post again when you have all the vi'sor you can use Mike's picture to get you startedThank you ...

When someone can't get something to work, they go back to what they know works.
Found this while hunting down info on Linux for a RISC AS/400 for someone: http://www.freebsd.de/archive/de-bsd-chat/de-bsd-chat.200011/0004.html and LAUGHED MY ARSE OFF!! And then sobered up a little, when I realised that this exact mindset is demonstrated by not only the company, but also its victims. Customers, I mean customers. I mean victims. --------------------8<---------------------------------------------- Folks, this is a Great story that our partners should be telling their customers. This was on the SAP400 newsgroup in the Midrange Technology Showcase November issue. There...

Who can tell me how can i change the parameters from sys to digital sys?
I have the transfer model G , and the PID transfer model (t1*s+1)*(t2*s+1)/[(t3*s+1)*(t4*s+1)]. Please tell me how can i get the digital PID parameters, as kp, ki, kd? Thanks. ...

Can't get PCI Network Card to Work
Hello, I have an IBM Pentium III 663MHz PC (desktop) which I've been trying to get a Linux Distro to work on with Networking successfully. I know it can be done, because this box has been loaded with an early version of Redhat and operated as a web server. I wanted to start fresh so I wiped the system clean with Redhat 8 - which was able to come up quickly and correctly detect the network card that was installed. However it could not "initialize" the card. I knew that Redhat 8 had some issues, so I installed Redhat 7.2. The results were the same. So know I've taken out the...

Can't get PCI Network Card to Work
Hello, I have an IBM Pentium III 663MHz PC (desktop) which I've been trying to get a Linux Distro to work on with Networking successfully. I know it can be done, because this box has been loaded with an early version of Redhat and operated as a web server. I wanted to start fresh so I wiped the system clean with Redhat 8 - which was able to come up quickly and correctly detect the network card that was installed. However it could not "initialize" the card. I knew that Redhat 8 had some issues, so I installed Redhat 7.2. The results were the same. So know I've taken out the "big guns" - as it seems that Knoppix (4.0.2 in my case) will work with just about everything. But the results, sadly, are not much different. PCI is my only choice as the IBM only has PCI slots. I have two NICs that I've tried - and the results are pretty much the same: Card #1: This was the card that has been in there when the box was a web server - 3Com 10/100 TX Fast Etherlink XL PCI 2 - 3c905B-TX NM All three distros are able to probe the card correctly and select (what I would guess to be) the correct driver. I've tried toassign an IP through DHCP and also by assigning it a static IP - neither case worked. Card #2: (Test individually - not at the same time as card #1) - D-Link DFE-530TX REV-A1 All three distros were also able to select the correct driver for this card. I tried both DHCP and static IP. When I assigned the D...

Can someone try this, and tell me if it works...
Hi there, First, I have to tell you that i'm not a professionnal programmer. I've never learn how to program, and leant BASIC programming through any "self-project" which allowed me to progress little by little... I've spent so hours to program this that i can't have any objective opinion about it. It's a graphical user interface written in QBasic 1.1, that I think is probably one of the most complete one. It integrates a full operational object model with some automatic-managing. So, it requires a lot of CPU time. I recommend to try it under RT envi...

can someone please tell me why this dors not work

Mechanize: Can't get it to work. Can I help make it work next week?
This may be just one more play where my lack of experience with Ruby is biting me, but I have had no luck making mechanize go. I'm using version 0.2.3, and it claims to gem install successfully, but when I try to do a simple script that just goes: require 'rubygems' require 'mechanize' agent = WWW::Mechanize.new (and several versions of thingsafterthis, including blank, don't seem to make any difference) and I run that alone and get a LoadError pointing to something called custom_require.rb, lines 18 and 24, and mechanize line 14. I'd like to make...

Keep getting a warning.. Can someone please tell me why?
For some reason I keep getting the following error when compiling with GCC. The program compiles and runs fine, but I get this error: lab4b.c: In function 'main': lab4b.c:47: warning: passing argument 1 of 'displayPtrArray' from incompatible pointer type ** I'm doing this for a class that I'm taking so there might be a better way to do it but I have to use an array of pointers. ----------------------------- Below is my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define SIZE 10 // function prototypes void displayArray(const double arr[], const int s...

can't get 5.0.4 to work
Sorry, this is going to be a silly question, but I've been fighting it since Saturday... I'm installing on an iBook, so Mac OS-X. I get this.. 'PHP Version 4.3.11' when running phpinfo(). I download the source for 5.0.4, configure it .. ../configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql I then make && make install, and the installation finishes successfully. Following the instructions in the INSTALL file, I then edit my httpd.conf file, as follows .. LoadModule php5_module libexec/httpd/libphp5.so AddModule mod_php5.c (the first line is after I altered ...

Can't get sys.stdin.readlines() to work
I'm trying to read some data from standard input, what I'm actually trying to do is process some date pasted in using the mouse cut and paste on a Linux box (xubuntu 9.10) in a terminal window. First attempts failed so I'm now trying the trivial:- import sys data = sys.stdin.readlines() print "Counted", len(data), "lines." When I run this and try to paste something into the terminal window I get the following errors:- /home/chris/bin/m2r.py: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home/chris/bin/m2r.py: line 2:...

can someone tell me why these two users of the sys account exist?
NWIXUSER.SYS PCUSER.SYS * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * joseph dolliver wrote: > NWIXUSER.SYS > PCUSER.SYS As far as I recall, the first one is related to Netware/iX and the second one belongs to Resource Sharing/iX, both being add-on subsys products implementing PC "interconnectivity" long before Samba/iX was bundled with MPE/iX (note that Samba only provides SMB interoperability, not the Netware protocols). Lars. * To join/leave the list, search archiv...

Can someone tell me why NDsolve isn't working here?
Hello, Im trying to solve a system of 6 differential equations with NDSolve but I can't get Mathematica to do it. I wrote: R = 1; M = 1; L = 1; NDSolve[{Rx[t] + Fx[t] == 2M x''[t], Ry[t] + Fy[t] == 0, Fx[t] R == -M R x''[t], -Rx[t] == M x''[t] + (M L \[Theta]''[t] Cos[-\[Theta][t]])/ 2 + (M L \[Theta]'[t]^2 Sin[-\[Theta][t]])/2, -Ry[ t] == (M L \[Theta]''[t] Sin[-\[Theta][t]])/ 2 - (M L \[Theta]'[t]^2 Cos[-\[Theta][t]])/ 2, -(L Cos[\[Theta][t]] Rx[t])/2 + (L Sin[\[Theta][t]])/ ...

File functions: can someone tell me why this doesn't work?
Looking at Toby's question about writing to a file from PROC SQL, I decided to modify some existing code and came up with this: ===== data test; input @1 value $8.; cards; abc defg hijklmno ;;;; proc sql; select *, fput(f.file_id, 'var') as fput_rc, fwrite(f.file_id) as fwrite_rc from (select filename('myfile', 'd:\temp\myfile.txt') as filename_rc, fopen('myfile', 'o', 256, 'v') as file_id from test (obs=1)) as f, (select value from te...

HP zx5000 laptop. Can't get usb to centronix to work.
I have an old HP 722c that I'd like to hook up to the laptop. The 722c has a centronix connector. The laptop cannot accommodate it, but it has usb ports. I borrowed a used usb to centronix cable from a computer store. Supposedly the driver is already there. In fact, I was asked for it, and it seemed like it installed. System Devices shows no printer and Other Devices as yellow. The computer store said finding the "right" connector in this case could be tricky, but they used to have good luck with the one I borrowed. We do not have the original CD for the printe...

Can't get Outpost 2.0 to work on ICS computer
I had Outpost installed on one computer in a small network and liked it so much that I got another copy to run on the ICS machine. But I can't seem to get it configured properly to allow internet connection sharing. Once I install it, the othe computers on the network can no longer access the internet (I had at one time used Norton PFW on the ICS computer and it worked fine right out of the box). This ICS computer is running WinXP Pro and has 2 NICs (one connected to cable modem, other connected to LAN hub). Any ideas? TIA for advice. James James Bond <jbond@ue.com> wrote...

Weblogic 1.1.0 Plugin for Eclipse...can't get it to work for examples
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has gotten the WebLogic 1.1.0 Eclipse plugin to work. I'm using Eclipse 2.1.1 + Weblogic 6.1 Sp6 I'm trying to configure the examples that come with the installation. I have set the following: BEA Home: C:\Program Files\Bea WebLogic home: C:\Program Files\Bea\wlserver6.1 Domain Name: examples Domain Directory: C:\Program Files\Bea\wlserver6.1\config\examples Server Name: examplesServer User: system Password: password Hostname: localhost Port: 7001 I get the following error: The WebLogic Server did not start up properly. Exception raised: weblogic.man...

pgnuplot 4.0 can't get 'with labels' feature to work
Hi, I can plot the curve just fine unless I try to add labels to the data points. I have seen this labels technique working on several gnuplot tutorials. I cannot find a reason why mine doesn't work. Thanks in advance, Ed WinXP SP2 pgnuplot 4.0 (works) plot '3509120199_APV_dataPointsPruned.csv'using 2:3 with linespoints (doesn't work) plot '3509120199_APV_dataPointsPruned.csv'using 2:3 with linespoints,'' using 2:3:2 with labels ^ expecting 'lines', 'points', 'linespoints', 'dots', 'impulses', 'yerrorbars', 'xerrorbars', 'xyerrorbars', 'steps', 'fsteps', 'histeps', 'filledcurves', 'boxes', 'boxerrorbars', 'boxxyerrorbars', 'vectors', 'financebars', 'candlesticks', 'errorlines', 'xerrorlines', 'yerrorlines', 'xyerrorlines', 'pm3d' My data file: #cost & gamma pair, FPR, TPR, cost & gamma pair, FNR, TNR 12_-11 0.125 0.833333 12_-11 0.166667 0.875 0_-5 0.25 0.916667 0_-5 0.0833333 0.75 18_-24 0.375 0.916667 18_-24 0.0833333 0.625 25_-30 0.5 1 25_-30 0 0.5 23_-29 0.625 1 23_-29 0 0.375 24_-29 0.75 0.833333 24_-29 0.166667 0.25 -1_-5 0.875 0.916667 -1_-5 0.0833333 0.125 In article <1116887551.666580.135440@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>...

Can one still get XP installed in new laptop/notebooks from local retail stores?
Hi. I know MS wants to have all new laptops/notebooks with Vista from local retail stores (e.g., Best Buy, Costco, Circuit City). I was wondering if one can still downgrade the OS to XP SP2/SP3 preinstalled with software, drivers, and support? Thank you in advance. :) -- "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail. ( ) ANTant@zimage.com wrote: > Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote: >> On SOME computers, they can still be ordered with XP but only until June >> 30th (better hurry). > > Yes, I'm trying! 13 days left... I think I will go to the local retail > stores and see what is available, feel, touch, research online (good or > bad models and if the option for XP is available), etc. > > >> Computers shipped with Vista BUSINESS and ULTIMATE have (and will >> continue to have) "XP Downgrade Rights" ... you have a LICENSE to >> downgrade to XP, but you may not have actual media and drivers to >> actually do it. Therefore actually using this can be difficult to >> nearly impossible in some cases. > > That is what worries me. Drivers and support. Who supports XP fully with > the downgrade? If only spec...

Can't get Open Office 3.0 Base, MySQL, and JDBC link to work on Leopard
I'm trying to use OO 3.0 Base and MySQL to work on Leopard. Has anyone had any luck with this? I have MySQL installed and working (localhost). I want a desktop database replacement for MS Access, which doesn't work very well on CrossOver, particularly for Access macros. I've been using Parallels, but that seems like a waste for one program. I can connect to MySQL with Navicat. The JDBC connector is properly loaded and, in OO, tests okay in class path. However, when I try to make a connection, I get a "communications link failure". The connector demands a URL and ...

SiPix A6 Pocket Printer... can't get it to work with Win 98 or Palm V. 4.0
Well, I just won this little 'gem' on Ebay-- the SiPix A6 thermal printer. I have a laptop running Win98 with no IR capability, but with the drivers installed correctly, it won't print via a serial connection. I just get back "Unable to print". Using my Palm M500 (*with* IR) the Palm OS drivers that came on the CD were installed. I get a little print menu that appears to be a plugin to a handful of native palm apps (kind of a drag, really.. I wanted to print from other apps beyond memopad, address, to-do list, etc.). When I run "IR Detect" the Palm recogniz...

Re: Can I define 0^0 to be 1 for a notebook
On 12/15/05 at 6:07 AM, thomas.???@balliol.ox.ac.uk (Thomas Schmelzer) wrote: >If I enter 0^0 Mathematica keeps teeling me that this is an >indeterminate expression. Can I define for a single notebook the rule >"0^0 = 1?" How to do that? This can be accomplished as follows: Unprotect[Power] Power[0,0]=1 Protect[Power] This technique can be used to modify the output from virtually any built in Mathematica function. However, modifying built in functions is generally not a good idea and will likely lead to unexpected (and possibly incorrect) results. -- To re...

how can I get rid of 127.0.0.1?
Hello, Dreamweaver and php I am developing a site and on the site I enable users to put screenshots of software. The images are not stored on my server/site but rather the user adds the link to a database. The format of the link is www.someplaceonthenet.com/images/somepicture.gif etc I instruct the user to leave out http:// when adding the link I then attempt to show this pic on a page by using dreamweaver and choosing insert /image / and then choosing datasources and navigating to the field that holds the location of the image. This seems to work, when I view the page I can see...

Web resources about - Could someone tell how I can get USB2.0 work in my notebook? - comp.sys.laptops

Notebook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to legend, Thomas W. Holley of Holyoke, Massachusetts invented the legal pad around the year 1888 when he innovated the idea to collect ...

Springpad Integrates With Facebook, Allows Users To Organize Likes Into Notebooks
... books, music, and restaurants into one handy timeline box following new Facebook integration features launched Thursday by “smart notebook application” ...

Washington Notebook - News and notes from the halls of Congress, by World-Herald Washington bureau chief ...
News and notes from the halls of Congress, by World-Herald Washington bureau chief Joseph Morton

The Notebook (@PSNotebook) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

JotDot Notebook for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get JotDot Notebook on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Orioles notebook: Injured Jimmy Paredes could have chance to play again this spring
It has not been a happy couple of days for Jimmy Paredes , whose attempt to show the Orioles that he can be a viable option in the outfield took ...

Microsoft, Intel: Pac Crest Sees Biggest-Ever Quarterly Notebook PC Drop
Pacific Crest ’s Brent Bracelin , Michael McConnell , and Brendan Barnicle today warns of a “significant” decline in the outlook for the notebook ...

SSuite NoteBook Editor: not just another WordPad replacement
... WordPad replacements then you’ll know they’re usually identikit me-too products with barely any interesting ideas of their own. SSuite NoteBook ...

2016 NFL Draft: Matt Miller's Post-Combine Scouting Notebook
Slow. That's the best way to describe the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine. After months of hype from players, agents, trainers and college football ...

Patriots notebook: Pats weigh free agent options
The Patriots have been looking, but their view has been blocked by Brink’s trucks.