Floppy drive: not dead?

I didn't mind when they said the floppy drive was dead.

I didn't mind when my new P25 came without a floppy drive - I rather use
a 256 mb USB "key" for quick transfers anyway.

I didn't mind not having a floppy drive - Windows XP, Partition Magic,
Drive Image et al come with bootable CD's that work fine.

BUT many, many software utilities demand boot floppies:

1

Windows Emergency Recovery disks - won't burn a cd, won't even write to
a hard drive so you can transfer them to a boot cd later.

2

Hitachi Travelstar disk utilities and tests - all want to make boot
floppies.

3

EZ-Gig transfer comes with a boot floppy (they have a CD-version with a
USB connector, but apparently no CD-boot disk for use with their IDE
PC-Card).

So, I am starting to think that the floppy is FAR from dead, and in fact
it is absolutely essential to have a floppy.

This implies that the TRUE price of any laptop that has no floppy must
be viewed as the cost of the laptop plus the cost of an external USB
floppy drive.

Richard Grossman wrote:
> I didn't mind when they said the floppy drive was dead.
>
> I didn't mind when my new P25 came without a floppy drive - I rather
> use a 256 mb USB "key" for quick transfers anyway.
>
> I didn't mind not having a floppy drive - Windows XP, Partition Magic,
> Drive Image et al come with bootable CD's that work fine.
>
> BUT many, many software utilities demand boot floppies:
>
> 1
>
> Windows Emergency Recovery disks - won't burn a cd, won't even write
> to a hard drive so you can transfer them to a boot cd later.
>

> 2
>
> Hitachi Travelstar disk utilities and tests - all want to make boot
> floppies.
>

> 3
>
> EZ-Gig transfer comes with a boot floppy (they have a CD-version with
> a USB connector, but apparently no CD-boot disk for use with their IDE
> PC-Card).
>

> So, I am starting to think that the floppy is FAR from dead, and in
> fact it is absolutely essential to have a floppy.
>
> This implies that the TRUE price of any laptop that has no floppy must
> be viewed as the cost of the laptop plus the cost of an external USB
> floppy drive.

A USB floppy drive can be had for $50 or less.

quaoar (1575)
10/8/2003 1:56:09 AM
Richard Grossman wrote:

> This implies that the TRUE price of any laptop that has no floppy must
> be viewed as the cost of the laptop plus the cost of an external USB
> floppy drive.

But will your BIOS boot from that USB floppy drive? If not, it doesnt
solve your problem.
   If the BIOS can boot from a USB floppy, why can't it boot from a USB
"key"?

I solved it this way:
Use partition-magic, or linux, or something to create a FAT partition in
the small amount of unused hard-disk space. For some reason, XP insisted
the disk was full, and would let me do that.
   Then you can copy your bootable floppy to the FAT partiton, and
use a boot-manager to boot from there.

0
mike5313 (4)

Dead floppy drive?
Hello, I've had boxes of 3.5" floppies in the closet for years. I've recently brought my old A2500/30 back to working condition (barely) after it not being powered on for almost 8 years (yes, I did clip off the battery!). I'm looking to pull some of my old files off to become part of my regular backup. I've already pulled the hard drives and did a raw image copy, so now I'm on to floppies. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my df0: is working well anymore. It sounds weak.. very weak. The first disk I inserted did mount, but it eventually failed with checksum failures somewhere in a long read and eventually I found that I couldn't mount any other disks (one mount out of 20+ works). Any recommendations on how to get this thing going again? I'm not afriaid of disassembling it and cleaning/oiling mechanisms, but if it is something as simple as taking program X and doing a speed adjustment (or something like that), then I'd rather do that first. I DO have an external drive in storage that I could pull out, but I figure that I at least want to get my df0: working again for posterity. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated! -bjb brian.bernstein@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > I've had boxes of 3.5" floppies in the closet for years. I've recently > brought my old A2500/30 back to working condition (barely) after it not > being powered on for almost 8 years (yes, I did clip off the...

laptop with malf floppy drive
I have a 5 yr old Compaq laptop with a malfunctioning floppy drive. The drive doesn't work, but it spins constatly, even when empty. This is quite a drain on the battery and on CPU cyles, it seems, as it slows down the machine. The machine is otherwise still quite usable. Is it possible to disconnect power to the drive (orphan it) and still use the machine? I have looked through the setup options in the BIOS to see if there was some way to just turn it off, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Grant -- Finbogey Jones On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:30:34 GMT, Finbogey Jones <spams...

Laptop floppy drive replacement
Hi I have a Toshiba T2100 but the floppy drive is broke. Can I put in a standard 'PC type' floppy as a replacement? In fact how do you disassemble the T2100 as I can't figure out how to take it to peices? regards Steve Jarvis No, you can't use a generic replacement. You will need to use a laptop floppy, and probably the exact model used by Toshiba in the T2100 (good luck). But you might find some other laptop floppy drives that will work and fit. Laptop floppy drives are very thin, less than a half-inch thick. steve wrote: > Hi > I have a Toshiba T2100 but the floppy drive is broke. Can I put in a > standard 'PC type' floppy as a replacement? In fact how do you > disassemble the T2100 as I can't figure out how to take it to peices? > > regards Steve Jarvis Back in the 80's most laptop floppies didn't use one of the voltages (12V or 5V). I don't know if this is still true or not today? Bill "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:4550F94B.9000600@neo.rr.com > No, you can't use a generic replacement. You will need to use a > laptop floppy, and probably the exact model used by Toshiba in the > T2100 (good luck). But you might find some other laptop floppy > drives that will work and fit. Laptop floppy drives are very thin, > less than a half-inch thick. > > > steve wrote: >> Hi >> I have a Toshiba T2...

Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive
Anyone know where you can get an external USB laptop case (or just a cable type adapter), but for a 2.5" laptop drive that is Serial ATA (SATA) rather than the more mundaten IDE? My new Toshiba laptop has such a drive in it. ...

dead 8580 floppy drive once again
Hi, first of all: a happy New Year to everyone! Yesterday we had 8 degrees Celsius (17,6 degrees Fahrenheit) in the nothern part of Bavaria. It drizzles all day and it won't get bright. So I've got a 8580 from the basement, cleaned it, removed the old foam pads and exchanged them for new ones. After power up I receive 161 and 163 error code. Battery is empty. It was expected. Floppy drive made normal testing sounds. Reference disk was not read. Drive light was lit. I waited 90 seconds. Nothing. The drive is an 40Pin ALPS DFL713A01A. I've cleaned the heads with cotton swabs and white gas. Next try. Nothing. So the capacitors are defect. I have no spare drive. I have no sufficient solder capabilities. Anyway, I wanted to open the drive in order to have a look on the drive card, but the screws are tight and I will not use violence. Over and done. Or maybe not? I have some 34Pin 1,44MB spare drives. Louis kindly provides the pinout for both interfaces. http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ohlandl/floppy/Floppy_Pinouts.html 40Pin Card-Edge Interface Pin Signal 1 Ground 2 -High Density Select 3 Reserved 4 Reserved 5 Ground 6 Reserved 7 Ground 8 -Index 9 Ground 10 Reserved 11 Ground 12 -Drive Select 13 Ground 14 Reserved 15 Ground 16 -Motor Enable 17 Ground 18 -Direction In 19 Ground 20 -Step 21 Ground 22 -Write Data 23 Ground 24 -Write Enable 25 Ground 26 -Track 0 ...

A1200 Floppy Drive Dead
Hi, Just wondering if anyone knew of what i could use to replace a dead a1200 floppy drive. It seems that the drive recognises the disk inserted, but no longer spins. I have tried an a500 drive with no luck. PC floppy drives powers up and light flashes but no disk access. is there any way that i can get the internal floppy to work? thanks What model number you need... i have a bunch fo floppy drives... -- ___ / __|__ Burt /Terminator / / / / |_/ www.museum.c64.org / / \ \__|_\ Adoring C= 64 / 128 and \ \/ / \___| Getting into Amiga, too... \/\/ Rusty schrieb in Nachricht ... >Just wondering if anyone knew of what i could use to replace a dead a1200 >floppy drive. It seems that the drive recognises the disk inserted, but no >longer spins. > Does it start spinning when you turn it a little bit by hand ? Might be one of the coils in the motor has gone... >I have tried an a500 drive with no luck. Hmm, the A-500 drive should work ! Maybe your power supply is missing the 12V ? Try another one ! You can also use one from an A-500 without problems. :) >PC floppy drives powers up and >light flashes but no disk access. Those don't work with Amigas :( Bye, Reini Overdoc <sodan@europe.com> wrote in message news:V2meb.204544$hd6.2706983@news.chello.at... > > Rusty schrieb in Nachricht .....

Ext. floppy drive for laptop
I have a Dell floppy drive module for Dell Laptop, the parallel port type. I want to use the drive on another laptop (Asus) which also has a parallel port. How do i set it up? TIA ...

MAC SE Floppy Drive 1.4 meg Floppy Drive (old)
I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Bill Bill Bagot <wbagot1@san.rr.com> wrote: > I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only > had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of > my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives > use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

Laptop floppy drive help please...
Hi Guys and Guyesses, I have an old Toshiba 730CDT and I've just acquired a docking station for it. Now, the laptop has a CD but no floppy disk drive but the docking station has space for one and I wondered if I would need to get a specific drive for it or if just any old floppy drive would do. Any thoughts? Cheers, Steve Nobody know? Whereas On 28 Sep 2003 06:50:24 -0700, stephen@lifeofriley.freeserve.co.uk (Steve) scribbled: , I thus relpy: >Hi Guys and Guyesses, >I have an old Toshiba 730CDT and I've just acquired a docking station >for it. >Now, the laptop has a CD but no floppy disk drive but the docking >station has space for one and I wondered if I would need to get a >specific drive for it or if just any old floppy drive would do. >Any thoughts? >Cheers, >Steve Probably any drive. What connectors does it have there? -- Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat Hi Gary, It has the normal connections on the back but no USB. I'm hoping to get one to go into the Select bay though rather than having an external one. Cheers, Steve ...

SuSE on laptop with NO floppy or CD drive
Hi all, I am getting a Panasonic Toughbook R1 this Friday, and am going to try to install SuSE over the network. However, this notebook lacks FDD and CDROM drives. I am fairly inexperienced, but as far as I can tell, it can be done without floppies or CDs... I looked around at Linux.org and found the following HOWTO: linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Network-boot-HOWTO/index.html Part 6.1.-- BOOTP or DHCP capable NICs is the part that makes me think that this is definitely possible The only problem is that the guide gives very little detail on how to actually boot from the network. It just tells me that once I set up a DHCP client that I am done, but I am not sure how to do this, and what I do after??? Once I get the laptop booted I am fairly sure that I won't have a problem FTPing the install... Oh and if this all goes to hell on me, I have a backup plan: alfalab.com/toughbook.html Someone else used a USB CDROM successfully (but I would rather save my $$$) Well any suggestions or pointers will be appreciated!!! Thanks, Dean -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Mingo <thejesus@godmail.com> wrote: > I am fairly inexperienced, but as far as I can tell, it can be done without > floppies or CDs... If your laptop has an internal network card and can boot from network, you should be able to setup a remote installation server, otherwise a dirty-quick solution is to...

laptop with only floppy drive: install with pccard?
I have a laptop with a floppy drive ( pentium, 32 M main memory, 1GB disc) Today, pccards are available with 1 and 2 Gbyte, ( CF card and adapter ) to be used in a laptop. Would it be possible to copy the iso file to a CF card, and use this as install medium instead of a CD rom? What should be done with the FAT file system that CF cards use normally? What device files uses minix3 for pc cards, and does the boot floppy search these devices? Suggestions ? Thanks, Frits fvleeuwen <fritsvleeuwen@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a laptop with a floppy drive ( pentium, 32 M main memory, 1GB ...

Not so dead, *dead*, DEAD!
AMD Licenses Rambus Memory Patents http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1907477,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:14:35 -0500, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote: >AMD Licenses Rambus Memory Patents >http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1907477,00.asp?kc=ETRSS0...

dead dead dead
I have a rm a10 laptop. It has just died, no activity whatsoever. If the battery is dead should it still work on the power supply, cos it dosn't. Any ideas? Try removing the battery and running off of the PS. Regards, hawk crispy wrote: > I have a rm a10 laptop. It has just died, no activity whatsoever. If the > battery is dead should it still work on the power supply, cos it dosn't. > Any ideas? tried that. Still dead "hawk" <hawk@spamex.com> wrote in message news:vluiaekpbcbk74@corp.supernews.com... > Try removing the battery and running off of the PS. > > Regards, hawk > > crispy wrote: > > I have a rm a10 laptop. It has just died, no activity whatsoever. If the > > battery is dead should it still work on the power supply, cos it dosn't. > > Any ideas? > ...

first time install: laptop, no floppy and a bum CDROM drive
I have an older thinkpad that I would like to install redhat on. It has no floppy and if I remember correctly, the CDROM drive isn't bootable(IE: If I put a win2k instal disk it doesn't read it. I have changed teh boot order) I do have a little converter that will allow me to connect my laptop HDD to my PC. With that said, is there anything that I can do to install it that way or does it need to be located on the target machine? Also, it's possible that the CDROM drive isn't as lame as i think it is, it may just need a driver, do you have any suggestions? The laptop currently has win2k pro installed, can I install redhat from windows? Sounds crazy, but maybe that is something that I could try? I'm new to all of this and could use any pointers that you may have. Thank you, Steve (SteveKlett@gmail.com) scribbled: > I do have a little converter that will allow me to connect my laptop > HDD to my PC. With that said, is there anything that I can do to > install it that way or does it need to be located on the target > machine? .... you can install to any drive, as long as it's seen > Also, it's possible that the CDROM drive isn't as lame as i think it > is, it may just need a driver, do you have any suggestions? the Linux installer might be able to see it, just be sure the BIOS is set correctly > The laptop currently has win2k pro installed, can I install redhat from > win...

WTB: power supply for g3 laptop, floppy and zip drives
Email me if you have any of these for a good price... ...

I need to partition a hard drive but my laptop doesn't have a floppy.
I just bought a sharp PC MV12. I want to partion the hard drive and install XP, but the thing doesn't have a floppy drive for an FDisk. I have always used FDisk before. Should I just use Partion Magic or is there some other trick to partitioning using XP? Will an FDisk even work for an XP computer/ does XP sit on top of DOS? Thanks, Paul paul13 wrote: > I just bought a sharp PC MV12. I want to partion the hard drive and > install XP, but the thing doesn't have a floppy drive for an FDisk. I > have always used FDisk before. Should I just use Partion Magic or is > there some other trick to partitioning using XP? > > Will an FDisk even work for an XP computer/ does XP sit on top of DOS? Boot with the XP CD. When it gets to the point of the Installation where it asks you where you want to install, delete the partitions seen, create new one(s) and continue on. You are done! (** Anything you did not backup off the machine is GONE - so BACKUP! **) -- <- Shenan -> -- yeah, partition magic will do the trick. you may be able to acquire the program with file sharing programs (P2P) On 3 May 2004 01:28:18 -0700, googlegroups@paul13.com (paul13) wrote: >I just bought a sharp PC MV12. I want to partion the hard drive and >install XP, but the thing doesn't have a floppy drive for an FDisk. I >have always used FDisk before. Should I just use Partion Magic or is >there some other trick to partitioning using XP? > >...

FORTH driver for NEC USB UF000x floppy drive for inspiron 600m laptop
Hello people, I'm having a little problem with starting on the creation of my driver. I recently wrote a standalone FORTH system for my laptop. It will be self contained once i'm able to write to mass storage. The next step is naturally to be able to read and write to either the hard drive or the floppy drive. I have a DELL inspiron 600m laptop. The floppy drive is a modular unit which can be inserted in a compartment on the right side of the laptop. And from what I can see, the modular unit connects through USB. I'm guessing i'll have to implement USB interfacing first to be...

Formatting a hard drive with no floppy drive ??
Hi There Just wondered if anyone can tell me if there is any other way of formatting an un-partitioned drive on my Compaq laptop without the use of a floppy drive. The machine I have does not have a floppy fitted as standard, any I want to be able to load a different operating system on. I know that XP will just go over the top and boot from CD, but I could do with any tips on formatting the drive anyway. Thanx in advance. Mark Mark Porter wrote: > Hi There > Just wondered if anyone can tell me if there is any other way of formatting > an un-partitioned drive on my Compaq laptop without the use of a floppy > drive. The machine I have does not have a floppy fitted as standard, any I > want to be able to load a different operating system on. > I know that XP will just go over the top and boot from CD, but I could do > with any tips on formatting the drive anyway. > > Thanx in advance. > > Mark > > www.ebcd.i-am.ru is all you need... -- -- ���� ~ http://www.31337.pl/ I found it hard, it was hard to find, oh well, whatever, nevermind... You shouldn't have a problem, most OSs will boot off the CD. In the Microsoft world, anything newer than and including NT 4.0. If you're looking for the traditional FDISK/FORMAT route, try the Windows 98 CD. ...

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

Removable CD drive / floppy drive not recognised
This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000. Any ideas what would be the first thing to check? On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:20:28 -0700, "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <BertieBigBollox@gmail.com> wrote: >This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable >CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000. > >Any ideas what would be the first thing to check? Are you saying that neither CD nor floppy drive are recognised? Insert a bootable CD/Floppy and see if you can boot to Dos. I had a similar problem with a Thinkpad T23 some time ago. Windows XP would not recognise the CD player, but Dos did. Then at least I knew it was not a hardware problem. Re-installing windows on top did not fix it. Fortunately I had a Ghost image of the Windows partition so I could restore it. It works fine now, but it is a bit frustrating I never really found out what was wrong with it. Lars Stockholm BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote: > This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable > CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000. > > Any ideas what would be the first thing to check? Tried rebooting it? I know mine requires a reboot when changing the drives or even just inserting the CD/DVD drive. On 4 Sep, 21:14, "Kraftee" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote: > BertieBigBol...@gmail.com wrote: > >...

The floppy disk is dead, long live the floppy disk.
The following code when assembled with FASM and written to a USB flash drive will boot and run as either floppy disk emulation or hard drive emulation depending on the bios setup. It will boot and run froim a real floppy disk or with VFD and Qemu. It will boot and run with Qemu from a USB flash drive even if the PC will not boot from USB. use16 org 7C00h bpb: jmp WORD start db " " dw 512 ; bytes per sector db 1 ; sectors per cluster dw (1+fat_1-sector_2)/512 ; reserved sector count db 2 ; number of...

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

Sun is DEAD DEAD DEAD !!!
Go and buy a PC with Windows XP ! On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:15:27 -0700, Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote: > Go and buy a PC with Windows XP ! Buddy, you are lame, lame, lame. Like they say FOOOONG! -- Juhan Leemet Logicognosis, Inc. Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote: > Go and buy a PC with Windows XP ! I'm running a PC right now, bought whithout OS, i downloaded it. It's okay to get frustrated over an OS, your'e subject tell me you need some help ?, or assistance ? then, you will get help from here on sun hardware. /J�rgen On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:04:08 +0200, Jorgen Moquist wrote...

This group is dead, dead, dead!
R.I.P. Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% In article <6b61f04d-6d96-44d2-b75d-0e5bf0368dc8@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>, MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote: > R.I.P. > > Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac > platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% Right. Move on, then. Unless, this "dead" group is all that there is in your sad little life... -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg> "MuahMan" <muahman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6b61f04d-6d96-44d2-b75d-0e5bf0368dc8@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > R.I.P. > > Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac > platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% wot do u expect. mac fanbois post and the crickets chirp. On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:31:26 -0700, Alan Baker wrote (in article <alangbaker-7F3968.14312611082009@news.shawcable.com>): > In article > <6b61f04d-6d96-44d2-b75d-0e5bf0368dc8@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>, > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote: > >> R.I.P. >> >> Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac >> platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% > > Right. Move on, then. > > Unless, this "dead" group is all that there is in yo...

Web resources about - Floppy drive: not dead? - comp.sys.laptops

Floppy disk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A floppy disk , or diskette , is a disk storage medium composed of a disk of thin and flexible magnetic storage medium, sealed in a rectangular ...

Floppy Polar Penguin Birdie Dash on the App Store on iTunes
Get Floppy Polar Penguin Birdie Dash on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

USB Floppy - a set on Flickr
... itself was stuffed into something the size of a stack of business cards, and my thought was to try and cram those same innards into a floppy ...

Doctor Who Theme on eight floppy drives - YouTube
Support me on Patreon! - http://www.patreon.com/MrSolidSnake745 I've been extremely busy the last month or so. First my computer died on me, ...

Why so many domesticated mammals have floppy ears
Take a look at several domesticated mammal species and you might spot a number of similarities between them, including those cute floppy ears. ...

'He was floppy, like he was dead'
'He was floppy, like he was dead'

George Bailey says yellow wide-brimmed floppy hat will be as iconic as baggy green
George Bailey has declared the canary yellow wide-brimmed floppy hat is here to stay and believes it could even become as iconic as the baggy ...

YouTube - Musical Floppy Drives - Computerphile
Veröffentlicht am 24.05.2013 Floppy disk drives make sweet music, well, tuneful noises anyway. You might have seen them on YouTube before, but ...

$259 Smartphone receipt printer? Can I get a smartphone Floppy Drive too?!
This ‘Little Printer’ thing is making the rounds today (right). It is a cute $259 (plus $30 shipping to US) Cloud printer that prints on a receipt-size ...

Adventures in Floppy Disk Transfers
... you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it? The same might be said for technology. One day I was saving files to floppy ...