FT: 6.4gb desktop hard drives....I need laptop hard drives

I have at least 50 6.4gb hard drives(these go in your desktop or tower,
most
are western digital and some are maxtor). I'd like to trade some or all
of these
for 4gb or 5gb laptop hard drives, the laptop drives must fit into an
ibm
thinkpad 600.

to email me go here:
http://www.geocities.com/pauldbz/

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?
Hi. My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it. The hard drive in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition. Is there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to my laptop? thanks, Kristie yes, get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire connection, or both. I did it, works great. -- Dennis Savatski "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message news:8c9b4541.0401221503...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy)
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy) #2
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

FS: 3 Hard Drives
1st bid wins! 3 Hard Drives - 20gb 10gb 6gb (drive 20 gig) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5115747121 5 Western Digital 6.4gb gig Hard Drives (drive 6 gig) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6700806547 ...

Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive
Anyone know where you can get an external USB laptop case (or just a cable type adapter), but for a 2.5" laptop drive that is Serial ATA (SATA) rather than the more mundaten IDE? My new Toshiba laptop has such a drive in it. ...

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

Having hard time retrieving Laptop hard drive data
I am trying to recover data from my laptop's hard drive. I took the hard drive out of the laptop and put it in one of those external hard drive boxes that connect to the USB port of a PC and within a few minutes the drive showed up including access to all the files inside the old hard drive. I started switching files around from one folder to another to prepare to burn them on DVD discs. Stupid mistake! I should have immediately copied the files from the old hard drive into the computer!!!!! Within about 30 minutes of switching files around, suddenly that particular hard drive disapeared from the computer saying I no longer had access to it. I've tried it on other computers using the same external box and even went to the point of buying another brand's external box---which the computer never even recognzied, meaning I had less success with it. Now, still trying to access the data, all the computer does is set up a drive for it but it tries yet never actually reads it. All the hard drive does is turn and turn and turn for hours until I get tired and unplug it. Device Manager says the device is working perfectly. I have even tried one of those internal IDE plug adapters. I don't know if I need to set jumpers or what but I have tried everything I possibly know how to try. Does anyone know of any other possible way or some other method to get data off this laptop hard drive? Or is there something I am possibly doing wrong with the devices I have becaus...

Need Seagate Laptop Hard Drive
I need a used or non-working Seagate Momentus 80GB ATA-100 Laptop Hard Drive (Model ST980815A - RK) or more specifically, the main circuit/connector board from one. If anyone knows where I might get my hands on one of these, it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and trouble - GW "Grayes Ghost" <gwoollum@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:E0HSg.15344$vi3.13775@bignews3.bellsouth.net... >I need a used or non-working Seagate Momentus 80GB ATA-100 Laptop Hard >Drive (Model ST980815A - RK) or more specifically, the main >circuit/conn...

Need a USB hard drive for my laptop
Hi, I am looking for a USB external hard drive that allows me to transfer data between a Solaris 8 Sun blade and an XP laptop. Both machines have USB 2.0. Is it easy to set up? What model(s) would you recommend? Thanks for sharing your experience. HI, Steven Chan wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for a USB external hard drive that allows me to transfer > data between a Solaris 8 Sun blade and an XP laptop. Both machines > have USB 2.0. Is it easy to set up? What model(s) would you > recommend? Not supported yet. > > Thanks for sharing your experience. have you n...

Need Seagate Laptop Hard Drive
I need a used or non-working Seagate Momentus 80GB ATA-100 Laptop Hard Drive (Model ST980815A - RK) or more specifically, the main circuit/connector board from one. If anyone knows where I might get my hands on one of these, it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and trouble - GW ...

Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive
Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive I need to locate an exact laptop hard drive. It's a Fujitsu 30 Gb, model MHS2030AT, the controller number is CA26317-B50204BA. I will pay top dollar, as I must have this exact drive. anyworld [at] lewiscounty [dot] com Chevy Monster wrote: > Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive > > I need to locate an exact laptop hard drive. > It's a Fujitsu 30 Gb, model MHS2030AT, > the controller number is CA26317-B50204BA. > I will pay top dollar, as I must have this exact drive. $59! http://www.computergiants.com/items/part_number.asp?part=MHS2030A...

drive problems / smallish laptop hard drive for sale cheap?
So I just installed a 5300cs motherboard in my trusty old 190cs, wiped the drive and installed os9 and some Lucent wireless software, and all was right with the world. Then I installed a 3Com driver for my ethernet pcmcia card, and everything went south. Now I'm stuck with a 500 meg laptop hard drive that comes out clean according to both Disk Warrior and DFA, but won't find a system on it when you boot it on it's own - all it does is go spin*click*spin*click* on startup. So, as this is an original, 6+ year old hard drive, is anyone of an opinion that it might be savable, o...

How do I transfer files from laptop hard drive to desktop?
My laptop crashed but Im sure it still spins. I need to transfer file from it to my desktop hard drive. I bought a 2.5" Laptop t 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Adapter but when they are both plugged in my desktop doesnt see either of the hard drives. I went into CMOS an tried to auto detect them, but they wouldnt show. The desktop har drive is set as Master. Why wouldnt BIOS or CMOS be able to see m main hard drive? What am I missing here In news:TuzAf.132444$pW2.61088@fe04.news.easynews.com no@spam.invalid (ReBooteD) wrote: > My laptop crashed but Im sure it still spins. I need to transfer files > from it to my desktop hard drive. I bought a 2.5" Laptop to > 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Adapter but when they are both plugged in, > my desktop doesnt see either of the hard drives. I went into CMOS and > tried to auto detect them, but they wouldnt show. The desktop hard > drive is set as Master. Why wouldnt BIOS or CMOS be able to see my > main hard drive? What am I missing here? When I upgraded the drive in my laptop, I bought a cheap external case with a USB-IDE interface for the old drive and simply plugged it into the USB port. Lots simpler than trying to install it as an internal drive and you can use it as portable storage once you're done with the recovery. -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Laptop drives have master/slave settings too, but if you just install it on a different cable than your main hard drive, you shouldn'...

Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive #2
Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive I need to locate an exact laptop hard drive. It's a Fujitsu 30 Gb, model MHS2030AT, the controller number is CA26317-B50204BA. I will pay top dollar, as I must have this exact drive. anyworld [at] lewiscounty [dot] com Chevy Monster wrote: > Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive > > I need to locate an exact laptop hard drive. > It's a Fujitsu 30 Gb, model MHS2030AT, > the controller number is CA26317-B50204BA. > I will pay top dollar, as I must have this exact drive. > > anyworld [at] lewiscounty [dot] com The only possible way y...

How to copy files from laptop hard drive to desktop
I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to desktop. After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez. What's the right wawy to do this. Thanks in advacne zfc6e@yahoo.com Not enough info, what OS and file system are on each drive? -- ---------------------------------------------------------------- "zfc6e" <zfc6e@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2f793ef9.0311251441.214bae5e@posting.google.com... > I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to > ...

upgrading hard drive on laptop
I have a laptop with a 30Gig hard drive that I have partitioned into 2 equal partitions. I would like to replace the 30gig with a 60 gig drive. What is the easiest way to transfer my drive image, so that I don't need to install Windows XP and all of my applications on the new drive. Thanks techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: : I have a laptop with a 30Gig hard drive that I have partitioned into 2 : equal partitions. I would like to replace the 30gig with a 60 gig : drive. What is the easiest way to transfer my drive image, so that I : don't need to install Windows XP and all of my applications on the new : drive. Get a USB enclosure for a 2.5" hard drive, then clone the current drive to the new drive, then swap the new drive in. I use Acronis True Image instead of Symantec's Ghost, but in your case, you might want to buy a Symantec software bundle that includes Ghost and Partition Magic, so after you clone the drive to the new one, you can re-size the two 15GB partitions to be two 30GB partitions (or whatever you want them to be now). If you already have an external hard drive, you could make images (with Ghost or True Image) of the two partitions and save them to the external drive (assuming you have 30GB laying around), then swap in the new drive, boot from the recovery disk you made in Ghost or True Image, and install each partition on the new drive. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- *******************************************************...

Best way to backup laptop hard drive? (drive imaging utilities)
This is the first time I have owned a laptop. It took me dozens of hours to setup Windows XP, install my applications and customize my environment. I backup my data files often, but this doesnt help me if my laptop is lost or stolen or my hard drive fails. I will have to start from scratch to reinstall and tweak my setup on a new machine. I want to avoid this potential problem as I am currently in school. I am considering using a hard disk imaging type of backup program such as Norton Ghost or Power Quest Drive Image 7.0. In theory this would allow me to restore the configuration I had on my p...

how hard to replace titanium internal hard drive? How to clone old hard drive onto it?
Hi all - I have a 2001 titanium laptop with a 20 Gig hard drive. The thing is getting too full and I'm toying with the idea of getting a bigger one and replacing it. Questions: 1) how hard is it to do myself? Is it easy to ruin/break something or is it pretty simple to do it right? 2) are there instructions somewhere on-line? 3) are there different brands of drives I can buy? If so, any suggestions for good ones or ones to avoid? and 4) I don't want to re-install the OS, software, preferences, GUI behavior, etc. Is it possible to clone my internal drive onto the new one s...

new hard drive + old hard drive
I think I need you guys help here. My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and it's messed up and registry doesn't look good. I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard drive(C:) and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:) I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install on new 20GB. I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure bios etc and install XP with clean installation. What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard drive. As far as I know,I...

Laptop Hard Drive
I need a laptop hard drive for my Dell Insp. 8000. Need a 40-8- GB HD if anyone has one or knows a good place to get them cheep. Robert texasgunman @ ev1 dot net ...

Laptop Hard drive...
I have a Gateway laptop and the power button broke on it. What is the best way to get the files from the hard drive so I can put them on another computer or CD? If you need any other information just let me know. Thanks, Sharon On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:34:47 -0600, snt2300 <snt2300.322jal@no.email.invalid> wrote: > >I have a Gateway laptop and the power button broke on it. What is the >best way to get the files from the hard drive so I can put them on >another computer or CD? If you need any other information just let me >know. > >Thanks, Sharon > Assuming that you can't operate the laptop at all, I guess you'd first have to remove the laptop's hard drive. Once that is accomplished, it then depends on what hardware you have available. Basically, your choices seem to be: 1. An adapter that allows you to install the laptop drive in a desktop as an IDE drive. They sell for about $5. This isn't the easiest method since it involves opening the desktop machine and installing another drive in it. 2. A USB adapter that connects to the laptop drive. They sell for about $15-20. This allows you to connect the bare drive to the USB connection on another computer. 3. A housing in which you install the laptop drive, thus making it a "portable" external drive. Again, you then simply connect it to another computer. These vary a lot in price, but I've seen them on sale for as little as $20. Or, I guess you could just take the la...

laptop hard drives
Sorry to bother people with stupid questions, and thanks to anyone who can spare a moment to give advice. I'm having trouble with my HP nx9005. I suspect the hard drive has died - it sometimes boots, sometimes doesn't, windows system recovery discovers bad sectors. If it does boot, then it bluescreens after a few minutes, accompanied by repetitive clicks from the drive. Two questions really: first, is there any way I can definitively establish that the hard drive is at fault, not the RAM or anything else? And second: how generic are laptop drives? If the HP website specifies an ATA-100 EIDE 4,200 rpm 2.5 inch form factor drive, must it be exactly that? Can the capacity or the number of rpm be different? Must the drive be from the same manufacturer (toshiba)? Will the connector be compatible? Thanks to anyone who can help, no rewards, just eternal gratitude to anyone who can save me from paying authorised service centre prices... cheers, Thomas Thomas wrote: > Sorry to bother people with stupid questions, and thanks to anyone who > can spare a moment to give advice. > > I'm having trouble with my HP nx9005. I suspect the hard drive has > died - it sometimes boots, sometimes doesn't, windows system recovery > discovers bad sectors. If it does boot, then it bluescreens after a few > minutes, accompanied by repetitive clicks from the drive. > > Two questions really: first, is there any way I can definitively > establish th...

Can iTunes from one laptop play music on another laptop's hard drive?
i have a macbook pro and an ibook both have bluetooth and airport extreme Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop? ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > i have a macbook pro and an ibook > > both have bluetooth and airport extreme > > Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT > laptop? > Yes, with some caveats. It depends on what you mean by "music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop". You can connect to participating iTunes instances in the same net, and stream music from that. ...

Web resources about - FT: 6.4gb desktop hard drives....I need laptop hard drives - comp.sys.laptops

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Polarr Photo Editor gets a Windows 7+ desktop release
Popular mobile and browser-based image editor Polarr Photo Editor is now available in a desktop edition for Windows 7 and later. A Free build ...

Snapchat used the Oscars to launch its web player — finally a way to share Snaps on desktop
... move from Snapchat to make content on the app more shareable. Until now, the only way to share a Snap (or a Snap from a Live Story) on desktop ...

This Russian all-in-one desktop is just quirky enough to attract attention
... left over from 1999. The latest entrant seems more promising but is still one to file under "curiosity." It's a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop ...

Opera's desktop web browser gets built-in ad blocking
If you use a major desktop web browser, you usually have to hunt down an ad blocking add-on if you're determined to purge intrusive promos from ...

Computer Sales Continue to Evolve Away From Desktop PCs, Says Report
As desktop PC sales continue to fade, steady sales of laptops and portables appear to debunk the idea that PCs are dead, the report finds.

AMD, Razer want to standardize external GPUs, bring desktop gaming to ultrabooks
For years, various laptop manufacturers and OEMs have tried to push external graphics chassis into the mainstream, with little success. It looks ...

AMD Enhances Its Desktop Processor Lineup, Which Could Help Increase Its Market Share
Earlier this week, AMD expanded its desktop processor lineup with new processors that deliver superior performance, features, and near-silent ...

Issue references and @mentions for GitHub Desktop
GitHub Desktop on both Windows and Mac now provides suggestions when mentioning team members, referencing Issues, and adding more to your commit ...

There's A Great New Google Music Desktop Player For Mac
There's good news for fans of Google Play Music, the search giant's answer to iTunes and Spotify. An updated version of Google Play Music Desktop ...