Getting rid of Linux from dual boot system

I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu Linux in a
dual-boot config in order to have a play with it.

Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do (mainly
running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid of it, and revert
to just Win XP.

Can this be done, and if so, how? It was the Linux installation which
created the dual-boot setup. Every time I start the system, I get a menu
with several Linux options, and Win XP at the bottom - and have to scroll
down to this every time, otherwise it boots into Linux by default.

I would like to get rid of this menu so that it goes automatically into XP,
and so that I can recover the disk space used by the Linux partitions. Help!

If this is not possible, is there a way in which I can - at least - make XP
the default so that I don't have to scroll down the menu each time?

TIA
--
Cheers,
Roger

0
watt.tyler1 (101)

Roger Mills wrote:
> I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu Linux in a
> dual-boot config in order to have a play with it.
>
> Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do (mainly
> running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid of it, and revert
> to just Win XP.
>
> Can this be done, and if so, how? It was the Linux installation which
> created the dual-boot setup. Every time I start the system, I get a menu
> with several Linux options, and Win XP at the bottom - and have to scroll
> down to this every time, otherwise it boots into Linux by default.
>
> I would like to get rid of this menu so that it goes automatically into XP,
> and so that I can recover the disk space used by the Linux partitions. Help!
>
> If this is not possible, is there a way in which I can - at least - make XP
> the default so that I don't have to scroll down the menu each time?
>
> TIA

All of this is possible Roger. And for me, a real piece of cake. But I
don't know what tools you have like boot disc or anything. Nor do I know
your experience level is either. But basically you just restore the MBR
on your drive first. Then just Windows will just boot (and now you know
it is safe to remove the Linux partitions). Then remove the Linux
partition(s) and resize your Windows partition. Here this explains it
pretty well.

Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix
0
BillW50 (3525)
2/7/2010 4:34:28 PM
"Roger Mills" <watt.tyler@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu Linux in
> dual-boot config in order to have a play with it.
>
> Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do
(mainly
> running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid of it, and
revert
> to just Win XP.
>
> Can this be done, and if so, how? It was the Linux installation which
> created the dual-boot setup. Every time I start the system, I get a menu
> with several Linux options, and Win XP at the bottom - and have to scroll
> down to this every time, otherwise it boots into Linux by default.

Two features signal the Linux OS additional to XP
1.  The Boot Manager that invites the user to choose between OSs.
2.  (Probably) two partitions formatted for Linux which WinXP cannot
read.

If you reformat the Linux partitions for FAT32 or NTFS (XP default)
they will be emptied of Linux files and become available to write
and read WinXP.  You may find it convenient first to repartition
your multiple Linux drives as a single Windows drive.

I forget how to wipe out the Boot Manager.  FIXMBR seems likely.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
e925 (72)
2/7/2010 5:11:16 PM
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, BillW50
<BillW50@aol.kom> wrote:
> Roger Mills wrote:
>> I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu
>> Linux in a dual-boot config in order to have a play with it.
>>
>> Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do
>> (mainly running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid
>> of it, and revert to just Win XP.
>>
>> Can this be done, and if so, how? It was the Linux installation which
>> created the dual-boot setup. Every time I start the system, I get a
>> menu with several Linux options, and Win XP at the bottom - and have
>> to scroll down to this every time, otherwise it boots into Linux by
>> default. I would like to get rid of this menu so that it goes
>> automatically
>> into XP, and so that I can recover the disk space used by the Linux
>> partitions. Help! If this is not possible, is there a way in which I
>> can - at least -
>> make XP the default so that I don't have to scroll down the menu
>> each time? TIA
>
> All of this is possible Roger. And for me, a real piece of cake. But I
> don't know what tools you have like boot disc or anything. Nor do I
> know your experience level is either. But basically you just restore
> the MBR on your drive first. Then just Windows will just boot (and
> now you know it is safe to remove the Linux partitions). Then remove
> the Linux partition(s) and resize your Windows partition. Here this
> explains it pretty well.

Many thanks - that looks fairly straightforward. Meanwhile, I'd done a bit
of Googling and found various suggestions about deleting the Ubuntu
partitions and then booting from a Win98 installation disk (I'm sure I've
got one somewhere!) and running fixmbr from that. But I like the idea of
fixing the MBR first, and *then* deleting the Ubultu partitions, and making
the Windows partitions larger.

I'll have a go some time soon - but not today. My laptop with this dual-boot
setup is currently my only working PC because my desktop machine is out of
action and needs either fixing or replacing - so I'll wait until I haven't
got all my eggs in the same basket just in case the worst happens!
--
Cheers,
Roger

0
watt.tyler1 (101)
2/7/2010 9:18:03 PM
In news:7t8p0lFnr0U1@mid.individual.net,
Roger Mills typed on Sun, 7 Feb 2010 21:18:03 -0000:
> In an earlier contribution to this discussion, BillW50
> <BillW50@aol.kom> wrote:
>> Roger Mills wrote:
>>> I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu
>>> Linux in a dual-boot config in order to have a play with it.
>>>
>>> Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do
>>> (mainly running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid
>>> of it, and revert to just Win XP.
>>>
>>> Can this be done, and if so, how? It was the Linux installation
>>> which created the dual-boot setup. Every time I start the system, I
>>> get a menu with several Linux options, and Win XP at the bottom -
>>> and have to scroll down to this every time, otherwise it boots into
>>> Linux by default. I would like to get rid of this menu so that it
>>> goes automatically
>>> into XP, and so that I can recover the disk space used by the Linux
>>> partitions. Help! If this is not possible, is there a way in which I
>>> can - at least -
>>> make XP the default so that I don't have to scroll down the menu
>>> each time? TIA
>>
>> All of this is possible Roger. And for me, a real piece of cake. But
>> I don't know what tools you have like boot disc or anything. Nor do I
>> know your experience level is either. But basically you just restore
>> the MBR on your drive first. Then just Windows will just boot (and
>> now you know it is safe to remove the Linux partitions). Then remove
>> the Linux partition(s) and resize your Windows partition. Here this
>> explains it pretty well.

> Many thanks - that looks fairly straightforward. Meanwhile, I'd done
> a bit of Googling and found various suggestions about deleting the
> Ubuntu partitions and then booting from a Win98 installation disk
> (I'm sure I've got one somewhere!) and running fixmbr from that. But
> I like the idea of fixing the MBR first, and *then* deleting the
> Ubultu partitions, and making the Windows partitions larger.
>
> I'll have a go some time soon - but not today. My laptop with this
> dual-boot setup is currently my only working PC because my desktop
> machine is out of action and needs either fixing or replacing - so
> I'll wait until I haven't got all my eggs in the same basket just in
> case the worst happens! --
> Cheers,
> Roger

Yup, fixing the MBR first is the smart thing to do first. As Linux is
now unbootable and Windows is bootable. And yes, a Windows 98 Start
floppy has FDISK which does the job with "FDISK /MBR" very well. If you
don't have one, a XP install CD will work too. Here is the directions to
get there.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fix-mbr-xp-vista/

That link I listed earlier, shows a program that will do the same thing
too. So there are three options right there. Plus there are many more
options I could talk about too.

Yes, very good idea to wait until you have another computer up and
running. ;-)

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G8 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

0
BillW50 (3525)
2/7/2010 9:46:58 PM
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 15:36:00 -0000, "Roger Mills" <watt.tyler@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>I have a laptop which started off with Win XP, and I added Ubuntu Linux in a
>dual-boot config in order to have a play with it.
>
>Having found that there are too many things which Linux *doesn't* do (mainly
>running Windows-only applications) I would like to get rid of it, and revert
>to just Win XP.
>
>Can this be done, and if so, how?

That would be very dumb. Linux saves your behind. In case Windows goes berserk,
and this happens quite often, you can use Linux to get the computer back to
work. Otherwise... the Micro$ crap locks you out, and everything is gone.

By the way: did you ever try VMware player? Have more than 1 Windows system on
the computer WITHOUT each of them bugging the other ones. Absolutely great!!!

..
--
Die volle H�rte: http://www.kindersprechstunde.at
Die Medienmafia � Die Regividerm-Verschw�rung

Removing Linux from a dual boot system
Can someone direct me to information on how to remove Linux from a dual boot Windows XP/Ubuntu 5.10 system? The XP is all NTFS. And I haven't been using the Linux setup. So I want to use XP on the whole 40G hard drive. Right now it is split down the middle. May there is a FAQ or Howto that explains how to do this. "Tars Tarkas" <jredelfs@gmail.com> writes: > Can someone direct me to information on how to remove Linux from a dual > boot Windows XP/Ubuntu 5.10 system? The XP is all NTFS. And I haven't > been using the Linux setup. So I want to use XP o...

How to change from 98/XP dual boot to Linux/XP dual boot?
I currently have a dual boot system with 98SE on drive C: (a partition), and XP on drive F:(the other partition). E: is its own drive, used for storage, and D: is the DVD drive. C: is FAT32 (10 Gigs), E: and F: are NTFS. Anyhow, I never use 98SE anymore, and I'd like to wipe it clean and install Red Hat 9 so I can learn how to use Linux. I assume it is possible, but I'm not familiar with the steps I should take. Are there any tutorials or walk throughs, or simple tips that can guide me? TIA On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:17:21 +0000, w_curtis thoughtfully wrote: > I currently have a dual boot system with 98SE on drive C: (a partition), and > XP on drive F:(the other partition). > > E: is its own drive, used for storage, and D: is the DVD drive. > > C: is FAT32 (10 Gigs), E: and F: are NTFS. > > Anyhow, I never use 98SE anymore, and I'd like to wipe it clean and install > Red Hat 9 so I can learn how to use Linux. > > I assume it is possible, but I'm not familiar with the steps I should take. > Are there any tutorials or walk throughs, or simple tips that can guide me? > > TIA Probably. But you can boot from the RH9 CD and the install process will take to "Druid Manual Partition". There you can delete the C: Fat32 partition reboot the install Linux to the C: partition. If XP doesn't boot from the Grub menu properly then do an Install, Repair of XP from your XP CD. ...

Installing Linux on a Windows dual boot system
I would like to install Kubuntu Linux on my computer but I already have two copies of windows XP installed. I have installed Ubuntu successfully on a computer that had windows XP installed and it worked great. My question is will it be any different because I have two copies installed. Will the boot menu show both copies of Windows? markav2@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to install Kubuntu Linux on my computer but I already have > two copies of windows XP installed. I have installed Ubuntu > successfully on a computer that had windows XP installed and it worked > great. My question is will it be any different because I have two > copies installed. Will the boot menu show both copies of Windows? Here are two solutions that keep the Windows loader. GRUB seemed to be easier, but LILO worked for me... http://web.archive.org/web/20021009095935/http://users.wpi.edu/~naveen/projects/content/d/dualbootlin2000.html http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html -- v/r, C-F collinsd_kc.rr.com markav2@gmail.com wrote: > > I would like to install Kubuntu Linux on my computer but I already > have two copies of windows XP installed. I have installed Ubuntu > successfully on a computer that had windows XP installed and it worked > great. My question is will it be any different because I have two > copies installed. Will the boot menu show both copies of Windows? Just to satisfy my curiosity, why would a...

how to dual boot - Dell laptop
I have a trusty old Dell laptop - Latitude C610 - that has been running XP/SP3 just fine. Recently, swapped out the 60GB disk for a 120GB that I partitioned into 80GB for XP, and 40GB for ?? I've booted the Knoppix CD every so often to tinker and let my son see what a Linux world looks like, etc.. Even read about and looked at installing the Knoppix CD, but didn't go thru with it just yet. I'd like to install some distribution on my open partition, but am concerned about issues like the dual boot loader, stepping on the XP partition, or physical/logical sector issues with the 2nd partition, must be under xxGB, etc, or just generally installed Linux and not have it do bad things... Any really simple cookie cutter approaches to installing Linux onto a perfectly happy XP/SP3 laptop with an extra partition... -- ---------------------------------- "If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something." - Steven Wright "ps56k" <pschuman_no_spam_me@interserv.com> wrote in message news:h3rdb3$830$1@news.eternal-september.org... >I have a trusty old Dell laptop - Latitude C610 - > that has been running XP/SP3 just fine. > Recently, swapped out the 60GB disk for a 120GB > that I partitioned into 80GB for XP, and 40GB for ?? > > I've booted the Knoppix CD every so often to tinker > and let my son see what a Linux world looks like, etc.. > Even read about and looked at installing the Kno...

Currently dual-booting, want to get rid of Windows
Hi there! A few months back I have finally buckled down and installed Linux (Debian Sarge) on my computer. As I was a Windows user for many years, I've kept my Windows XP installation and used dual-booting. My current hard-drive scheme looks like this (output from fdisk -l): ---------- Disk /dev/sda: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 1 1770 14217493+ 7 HPFS/NTFS /dev/sda2 * 1835 3045 9727357+ 83 Linux /dev/sda3 1771 1834 514080 82 Linux swap /dev/sda4 3046 9729 53689230 f W95 Ext'd (LBA) /dev/sda5 3046 9729 53689198+ 83 Linux Partition table entries are not in disk order ---------- As you can see, Windows is on the first partition, Debian is on the second (My bootloader is GRUB), the swap is the third and a general data partition (ext2) is on the forth. Ever since I've installed Linux, I haven't found one reason to boot Windows and now I wish to delete it (Format its partition) and move the free space thus created to the general data partition (Without losing any data from my Linux and general data partitions of course). Obviously(?) this requires moving partitions 2-5 down. What are the steps that I need to follow in order to perform this task? Th...

Linux emulation using a debian dual boot system
Greetings: I have a laptop that dual boots between OpenBSD 3.8 and Debian stable. Rather than install redhat-base (which seems redundant) I have been trying to use the working debian setup for emulation. I created /emul/linux, symlinked the appropriate directories, and set kern.emul.linux=1. Nothing works. To find out why, i used ktrace on one of the simplest linux binaries I could imagine (echo). It finds the right linux libraries but fails thusly: 21723 echo CALL #243 (unimplemented linux_sys_set_thread_area)() 21723 echo PSIG SIGSYS SIG_DFL code 0 21723 echo...

Pogo Linux Altura 64 dual boot system for $1774
Pogo Linux Altura 64 anon May 25 2004 This system can boot into either Linux or Windows off the shelf, and it offers impressive performance at a reasonable price. PC manufacturers always struggle to balance performance and price. With the $1774 Altura 64, Pogo Linux has nailed that balance. The Altura's 2.2-GHz Athlon 64 3400+ processor, along with 512MB of DDR400 SDRAM, helped produce a 139 score on our PC WorldBench 4 test--within striking distance of much more expensive systems. The 128MB Asus V9570 graphics card, moreover, performed well on both our Return to Castle Wolfenstein and ...

bootloader on dual boot system doesn't show linux
fedora core and win2k are both installed. in the past i'd see a list of either win2k or fedora. after doing a clean install of win2k (to change from ntfs to fat32) that list no longer appears. i believe the bootloader grub generates that list, or it may be lilo. booting into knoppix confirmed that fedora is still there. hda1 is windows, hda2 and hda3 are linux. how do i find and fix the bootloader, if that is the problem, please? from what i've read the MBR (main boot record?) may be effecting things, but that's just speculation on my end. thanks, Thufir Hawat thufir.hawat@mail.com wrote: > fedora core and win2k are both installed. in the past i'd see a list > of either win2k or fedora. after doing a clean install of win2k (to > change from ntfs to fat32) that list no longer appears. > > i believe the bootloader grub generates that list, or it may be lilo. > booting into knoppix confirmed that fedora is still there. hda1 is > windows, hda2 and hda3 are linux. > > how do i find and fix the bootloader, if that is the problem, please? > > from what i've read the MBR (main boot record?) may be effecting > things, but that's just speculation on my end. Hi, you're out of my realm of expertise (if indeed any such realm exists), but I'll give you what I have. If you install Linux first, and then Windows second, Windows will write over the master boot record (MBR...

[News] Fast Booting Linux System Gets Another Office Suite

[News] GNU/Linux Already Gets Put on Motherboards (Dual Boot by Design)

Can't seem to get Grub installed on a dual boot system
hda (40GB drive) hda1: vfat32 10gb windowx xp free space, not partitioned 27gb hdb (160GB drive) hdb1: 100GB ntfs hdb5: 100MB ubuntu boot swap part: 2GB ubuntu swap hdb7: 50GB ext3 ubuntu After installing XP on hda1 I installed ubuntu on the second harddrive (hdb1,5, 7). Following the installation I rebooted and got error 21 from Grub. I used the XP rescue disk to reset the MBR (on hda , obviousely) and can now boot XP. I brought up the ubuntu live CD. Ubuntu can see both drives. I manually mounted /dev/hdb7, got into /sbin and ran sudo grub-install. Got this outpu...

[News] Dell Commences Sale of 'Dual Boot' GNU/Linux Laptops

How My Dual Boot became a Single Boot (Linux)
All I wanted was to play Tux Racer...yeah, and Halo too. That's it. Is it so hard to ask? And now I can...but in the process, I creamed Windos 2000. Here's how it happened. My new PC has onboard video, but after trying to obtain a 3D driver and also seeing piss poor performance with Windos games ( GTA Vice City and Halo ) I decided to be a gamer and get a high end ( for me ) card. A friend of mine recommended the Radeon ATI 9200. Here's how it went: BIOS: Luckily the motherboard ( ASROCK ) had a fairly painless process for switching, but at first I only did one of th...

[News] Indian Officers Move to Dual-boot Laptops with Linux (Government's Request)
Laptop training for T. Nadu IAS officers ,----[ Quote ] | They were given orientation in Suse Linux and Windows XP operating | systems, since the laptop computers were loaded with them and Suse | Linum operating system was a new technology, an official press | release here said. `---- http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/004200707052027.htm Related: Indian Policy Makers Call For Greater Use Of Open Source ,----[ Quote ] | A wide spectrum of policy makers called for the greater usage of open | source to modernize India in the digital era and the re-evaluation of | the laws pertaining t...

Dual-everything...except dual-boot Windows\Linux
Maximum PC Dream Machine 2005: two dual-core procs (AMD Opteron) two terabytes of disk (Hitachi Deskstar) two videocards (nVidia 7800) two DVD burners (Plextor) two 24" LCDs (Dell) .... and two XP Pro operating systems (32- and 64-bit) They chose well. DFS wrote: > Maximum PC Dream Machine 2005: > > two dual-core procs (AMD Opteron) > two terabytes of disk (Hitachi Deskstar) > two videocards (nVidia 7800) > two DVD burners (Plextor) > two 24" LCDs (Dell) > ... > and two XP Pro operating systems (32- and 64-bit) > > They chose well. And it s...

Problem Converting Linux PC to Dual-Boot (XP, Linux)
I have a Fedora Core 2 Linux PC (Dell Optiplex GX60) that I need to convert to a Dual-Boot machine (WIndows XP, Fedora Core 6). I installed XP, wiping out the existing Linux, but when I go to partition the disk via Knoppix/qtparted, the Knoppix CD is not seen on boot, it goes right to WIndows every time. I suspect this is due to the fact that there was a pre-existing Linux install. So: what needs to be done here so I can run qtparted from Knoppix, partition the disk, install FC6 on the back half the disk and get this done? Thanks, -Richard Vaughn On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:16:18 -0000, Richa...

How to make Windows XP default boot on a dual boot laptop
This is a dual boot laptop for my spouse, running XP and Linux as a dual boot. Grub is the bootloader that chains into XP. My question is how to make XP the default choice safely, friendly to update-grub command and having multiple kernels. My wife will mostly use XP, I am surem although she is familiar with linux. Use of directive "default <number>" does not seem to be robust due to changing numbers. Any recommendations? i On 04/14/2009 08:12 PM Ignoramus10773 scribbled: > This is a dual boot laptop for my spouse, running XP and Linux as a > dual boot. Grub is th...

Dual booting Linux with boot.ini, and two hard drives?
Dear Experts, I have successfully installed dual boot linux a number of times. But recently, after changing my primary drive, I have had nothing but problems. And I've tried everything that you are supposed to do. I won't bother with the very lengthy of what I did here, because that's not the question. I do suspect that this might actually be a hardware issue and I'm hoping to see the output from a (your) system that is working correctly. If your system is successfully dual booting Linux with the boot.ini file, please run the following comamnds, and post the output here...

Cannot Get REDHAT Linux WS to Boot....How do I make a GRUB FD or CD to Boot from???
Just got a new AMD64 computer and it came with two 250GB SATA drives. This is where I run my XP/PRO OS. I don't want to mess with the MBR as I tried this once and it totally trashed my Windows OS and I couldn't boot either XP or Redhat WS. I installed a spare 250GB EIDE drive I had lying around and Partitioned it as HDA1 /BOOT, HDA2 /ROOT AND /HDA3 SWAP. Linux Enterprise WS (Evaluation for 30 days), formatted and installed OK into these partitions. When I boot from in the Rescue Mode from CD1 there is a /boot with GRUB dir and in there are Stage1 and Stage2 files. My ...

My dual boot iMac won't boot Linux from the hard drive.
Okay. I got one of those Suse Linux 11.1 bootable DVDs and I decided to install it on my iMac. I followed all the steps here: http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_on_MacBook_Pro_Intel_Core_2_Duo_%28x86%29 even though the instructions are for MacBook not iMac. The steps should be similar. I used Boot Camp initially to partition some space for Windows. But then I resized the Windows partition to as small as I could get it and resized the Linux partition to as big as I could get it because I am not installing Windows, only Linux, so I have OS X and Linux on the same machine. Bu...

My dual boot iMac won't boot Linux from the hard drive.
Okay. I got one of those Suse Linux 11.1 bootable DVDs and I decided to install it on my iMac. I followed all the steps here: http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_on_MacBook_Pro_Intel_Core_2_Duo_%... even though the instructions are for MacBook not iMac. The steps should be similar. I downloaded rEFIT and installed it on OS X. I used Boot Camp initially to partition some space for Windows. But then I resized the Windows partition to as small as I could get it and resized the Linux partition to as big as I could get it because I am not installing Windows, only Linux, so I have OS X and Linu...

[News] [Linux] [H]ardOCP Tries a Mac, But Goes Back to Linux Dual-boot
30 Days with Mac OS X ,----[ Quote ] | In my earlier evaluation of Ubuntu Linux, I wrote: "Linux has some | glaring flaws, but it also has some amazing capabilities that can't | be found anywhere else - at least without spending a lot of money." | | It would be accurate here to say: "Mac OS X has some amazing | capabilities, but you spend a lot of money." Indeed, it seems | the preferred method for solving Mac computer problems is to buy | your way out of it. Slow computer? Buy a new one. Want to convert | a file? Buy a utility. Want to do simple tasks? Buy a comm...

Seriously, has anybody dual booted XP with Linux and had problems? Do you use GAG or Grub boot loader?
Against my better judgment, I decided maybe to dual boot Linux with XP (XP being installed first). I found a tutorial using Ubuntu for Linux on how to do this (http://apcmag.com/ how_to_dual_boot_windows_xp_and_linux_xp_installed_first.htm) that tries to make it look so easy, but the problem is in the MBR which sometimes gets corrupted. To solve this, I found a Windows freeware program called GAG http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-Manager-Disk/GA= G-d.shtml In Linux you can use the dual boot manager Grub (?) I think. I'm asking if this is a good idea, if anybody has ha...

US-Tx-Houston-Belaire: Linux System Admin, Basic level Linux Sys Adm, ISP experi (45294032406)
US-Tx-Houston-Belaire: Linux System Admin, Basic level Linux Sys Adm, ISP experi (45294032406) ============================================================================================== Position: Linux System Admin Reference: JGG00081 Location: Houston-Belaire Tx Duration: c-p Skills: Basic level Linux Sys Adm ISP experience Scope: To provide systems administrator responsibilities for ISP company. Shift work required. Please send your current resume in confidence to "Jimmy Goolsby&q...

Web resources about - Getting rid of Linux from dual boot system - comp.sys.laptops

Who Will the Public Blame For Violence at Trump Rallies?
Unless you just woke from a coma, you know what's been going on at Donald Trump's rallies over the past few days. After months of protesters ...

How Kyle Vogt Sold Cruise Automation to GM, Twitch to Amazon
Mark Bergen / Re/code : How Kyle Vogt Sold Cruise Automation to GM, Twitch to Amazon — Ten years ago, Justin Kan and Emmett Shear had just sold ...

South Korea, US deter North Korea with 'largest ever' military drill
CNN South Korea, US deter North Korea with 'largest ever' military drill CNN Pohang, South Korea (CNN) Amid blasts of explosives and camouflaging ...

Lil Wayne Name Drops: ‘Love & Hip Hop,’ Cat Rapper, Dres Anderson
Lil Wayne name dropping appears to be at an all-time high in early March as he has been blazing trails with an upcoming show at SXSW on top of ...

Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires
Business Insider Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires Business Insider FILE - In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 photo provided ...

21’s Bitcoin computer now lets developers buy and sell API calls without a credit card
After launching a small Linux-based device that can mine Bitcoin and make machine-to-machine payments last year, 21 has launched a micropayments ...

New find of suspected MH370 debris to be sent to Australia
A new piece of debris found by a South African holidaymaker that could be a part of the missing Malaysian flight MH370 will be sent to Australia ...

Coming at Apple's March 21st event: 4-inch iPhone SE, 9.7-inch iPad Pro & new Apple Watch models
Mark Gurman / 9to5Mac : Coming at Apple's March 21st event: 4-inch iPhone SE, 9.7-inch iPad Pro & new Apple Watch models — If Apple's most recent ...

‘Empire’ Cast, Crew Talk Growing Pains, Diversity And Guest Stars At PaleyFest Opener
A lively audience filed into the Dolby Theatre tonight for PaleyFest 's opening night ' Empire ' panel, with cast including Terrence Howard , ...

Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for photo of black man's 1895 hanging at table
People Magazine Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for photo of black man's 1895 hanging at table Charlotte Observer An image on a table at a Joe's ...