giving a laptop away (2)!!!

Hello again.
This is trying to reach out to that angel out there again. I figured i
might as well post again just incase he/she missed out on the 1st post.
If indeed you did then the link is:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.laptops/browse_thread/thread/78889fae97286fae/8b77d65c3b9f6ff5#8b77d65c3b9f6ff5.
So you can have an idea of what im talking about. I certainly hope my
angel see's it this time around, and if not i'll probably post a 3rd
and last time(3 strikes and i'm out), so i hope all of who've read my
story will bear with me.
Thanks.

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

giving a laptop away!!!
hey people. I'm looking to find some kind hearted angel who'd be willing to give away a laptop (used if necessary) to someone in great need of one but cannot afford it. The internet is my only link to the outside world as i just about never get to leave my house for health reasons, and havent left it in the past 8 months; and all that is under threat as the laptop i use is faulty and will pack up anytime soon and no hope of getting a replacement. I'm really desperate here so i hope i find me an angel out there with a big heart to "save a soul... please respond to mkanayo2020@yahoo.com if you are that angel. God Bless. <mkanayo2020@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108145042.581495.243810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > hey people. I'm looking to find some kind hearted angel who'd be > willing to give away a laptop (used if necessary) to someone in great > need of one but cannot afford it. The internet is my only link to the > outside world as i just about never get to leave my house for health > reasons, and havent left it in the past 8 months; and all that is under > threat as the laptop i use is faulty and will pack up anytime soon and > no hope of getting a replacement. I'm really desperate here so i hope i > find me an angel out there with a big heart to "save a soul... please > respond to mkanayo2020@yahoo.com if you are that angel. > > God Bless. Why does it have to be a laptop? There'...

giving away laptops
Anyone got a laptop to give away to charity? mkanayo2020@yahoo.com wrote: > > Anyone got a laptop to give away to charity? And what charity might that be? Notan The charity is of a person with health problems and just about never leaves his house because of this. The internet is this main means of communicating with the outside world and generally having something to do, and he cannot do so anymore cos his present laptop is down. Please Please help him if you can. mkanayo2020@yahoo.com wrote: > > The charity is of a person with health problems and just about never > leaves his house because of this. The internet is this main means of > communicating with the outside world and generally having something to > do, and he cannot do so anymore cos his present laptop is down. Please > Please help him if you can. If I'm not mistaken, there are numerous charities that will give computers to the disabled, the housebound, etc. If you're legit, head over to Google and have a look. Notan Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote in news:426EF5AD.18E04D7@ddress.com: > mkanayo2020@yahoo.com wrote: >> >> Anyone got a laptop to give away to charity? > > And what charity might that be? "The Human Fund" Hmmm.. Heard this story several times... Duncan. <mkanayo2020@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1114623114.366480.315930@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > The charity is of a person with health problems and ju...

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight pounds to drive a flatbed van in London? Here's hoping your surplus addresses someone else's deficit. R. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:14:44 +0000, Martin <bitbucket@idea-digital.com> wrote: >Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? > >Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a >complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! > >Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's >more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. > >Seriously though... > >It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. > >This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants >to rescue it. ...

[...]

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

3 Montiors on Laptop (2 External, 1 Laptop LCD)
Hi Guys, I want to know if this is possible without any additional hardware, I have Dell D620 which has 1 VGA and 1 DVI. I can at a time run two of the monitors but not all three, in the display properties of Windows Vista at a time I am only seeing 2 displays (not three) even if I trun all the monitors on. I can either run Laptop LCD with one external LCD or both external LCD, at the end only two monitors are running at the same time. I want to use 3, anybody knows if this has anything to do with a software configuration or I need an additional hardware (I really dont want to invest anymore money :) ) Thanks. dll2002dll@yahoo.com writes: >I can at a time run two of the monitors but not all three, in the >display properties of Windows Vista at a time I am only seeing 2 >displays (not three) even if I trun all the monitors on. >I can either run Laptop LCD with one external LCD or both external >LCD, at the end only two monitors are running at the same time. >I want to use 3, anybody knows if this has anything to do with a >software configuration or I need an additional hardware (I really dont >want to invest anymore money :) ) I don't know about that laptop specifically, but this restriction is pretty common among graphics cards for desktop systems. If you look at midrange or higher-end cards, you'll often see two monitor outputs (VGA or DVI or a mix) plus a NTSC or PAL video output. You can pick any two to use at once, but not three...

New Laptop Technology You Need To Know (Before Buying Your Next Laptop) #2
Laptop or notebook computer technology is advancing at a blistering speed. Ferrari fast. So fast that by the time you purchase your new laptop, it's probably already obsolete or out of date. A sobering thought considering the hefty prices you have to pay for a high-end laptop. Read More http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-laptop-technology-you-need-to-know.html "jessi" <winwithwords@gmail.com> writes: >Laptop or notebook computer technology is advancing at a blistering >speed. Ferrari fast. So fast that by the time you purchase your new >laptop, it's probably already obsolete or out of date. A sobering >thought considering the hefty prices you have to pay for a high-end >laptop. A general rule (slightly exaggerated) for the computer industry is: Anything you can actually get delivery of is obsolete. There's already something faster/cooler/larger/better announced or on the horizon. So just accept this and live with it. When you need a new computer, choose from what's available now. >Read More >http://xxxxxxxxxx.blogspot.com/..... Is *everything* on blogspot.com spam these days? Dave ...

computers and laptops #2 #2
my site have all the latest information about larest models of desktop and laptops computers and accessorries do visit it. http://acr-computerandlaptops.blogspot.com/ ...

Tale of the 2 laptops #2
Hi folks Need some advice about a laptop with a broken factory seal. We got a toshiba laptop from bestbuy a few days ago. However a few days later we found a better deal on the same laptop at CompUSA and bought the same model toshiba. The latter laptop seems to have the toshiba factory seal broken and then *cleverly* resealed. Now I am in a dilema about which one to keep. The difference in price is 10%. Anyone has the inside scoop on this ? In one scenario I can think of, the CompUSA laptop is a returned item - maybe due to too many dead LCD pixels. The store decided to simply reseal and resell. Here's some pictures : CompUSA laptop with broken seal - resealed: http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_46171_Image_number_0302D35C02.jpg BestBuy Laptop shows how toshiba seal actually looks like http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_46171_Image_number_0303BDBC02.jpg Together http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_46171_Image_number_0308B56702.jpg 2 more shots of the broken seal http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_46171_Image_number_030B9BC502.jpg http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_46171_Image_number_0309CD5E02.jpg Thanks for your time and knowledge ! Regards Debjyoti > broken and then *cleverly* resealed. Now I am in a dilema about which > one to keep. The d...

Super Laptops 1 to 2.8 Ghz $650
begin 644 super laptops.txt M4W5P97(@3&%P=&]P<R`Q($=H>B!T;R`R+C@@1VAZ+B!&<F5E(%-H:7!P:6YG M+B!%87-Y(&-R961I="!A<'!R;W9A;"X@#0IH='1P.B\O;&%P=&]P<RYS;6%R M='9I<VEO;C$N8V]M(`T*=&AA;FMS+B`-"E)E<&QY('1O.B!S;6%R='9I<VEO M;D!M86EL,G-A;F9R86YC:7-C;RYC;VT-"D1A=&4Z($UO;B!&<FD@,3ET:"`- ""B!M ` end ...

Cheap Laptops Guide
Laptop computers are so essential these days for most people. Buying a good laptop should be a priority for almost anybody. But since technology keeps changing so fast, any laptop computer you buy today will most likely be hopelessly outdated in a few short months. Read Full Article http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/04/cheap-laptops-guide-how-to-buy-brand.html ...

Laptop #2
I believe my laptop's battery is going, I have it docked, and for the past month I have noticed that I have to reset the date. My question is: should I being completly shutting it down everytime I am not using it? ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. ...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

Which laptop? #2
Which laptop?? http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5003WMLi_Laptop_LX.A5105.671/version.asp http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/HP_Compaq_NX6325_EY345EA?PROMO/version-1.asp So an Acer or a HP?? Anyone have experience of these?? Thanks Nigel -- Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!! www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk ...

Laptops #2
I want to buy a new laptop and I am totally and utterly bewildered. I have been on almost every website imaginable and all the information is confusing me. I know next to nothing about all this technical stuff! Here is what I need: a laptop with a powerful, fast processor for multimedia, gaming and everyday tasks and watching dvds. I doesn't need to be lighter than say 3.5kg but would be good. I would also like a large(ish) screen (15-17"). I really don't want to spend over =A31000 but could go up to =A31100 if necessary. Is this possible? Can anyone out there help me with this? Thanks. first of all with a big screen, high end processor this machine will not be light. So if you want to cut the weight down go for a 15 inch screen. A 2.0 or higher Pentium m processor or a dual core. For the gaming side you will need a good video card with a 128 meg of ram. The price for a laptop like this is about 2500 dollars US. Check Dell xps M140 <amandawright@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:1146409767.163122.99660@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... I want to buy a new laptop and I am totally and utterly bewildered. I have been on almost every website imaginable and all the information is confusing me. I know next to nothing about all this technical stuff! Here is what I need: a laptop with a powerful, fast processor for multimedia, gaming and everyday tasks and watching dvds. I doesn't need to be lighter than say 3.5kg but would be good. I woul...

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

Laptops #2
i am looking for the latest laptop, can i get help? Toshiba and the New HPs with Athlon CPU -- Dennis Savatski "Freweyni" <uni2001uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:f8e424ef.0311130852.558301e9@posting.google.com... > i am looking for the latest laptop, can i get help? ...

Laptop #2
I have a Samsung V20 laptop , does anyone know if I can upgrade the graphic card on my laptop Thanks you can find it here: http://www.plsgoogleit.com "roger coates" <roger@coatser.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:3e3d53c4.0501251314.7c256da5@posting.google.com... > I have a Samsung V20 laptop , does anyone know if I can upgrade the > graphic card on my laptop > > Thanks ...

Web resources about - giving a laptop away (2)!!! - comp.sys.laptops

Phyllis Schlafly Endorses Donald Trump: WATCH
Donald Trump earned another endorsement from a right-wing nutjob yesterday in St. Louis. Eagle Forum founder Phyllis Schlafly took the podium ...

Here's why GM is buying an autonomous driving software firm
General Motors announced Friday that it's acquiring Cruise Automation for Cruise's deep software talent and rapid development capability a move ...

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow heads to Samsung Galaxy S6 on Sprint
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow - the latest non-preview version of the OS - is now rolling out to Samsung's Galaxy S6 on Sprint, in a 1235.87MB update ...

Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires
Business Insider Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires Business Insider FILE - In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 photo provided ...

Dog Whisperer Investigated For Alleged Pig Baiting
The “Dog Whisperer” Cesar Millan is being investigated for animal cruelty. A segment from his popular TV show on Nat Geo WILD caused public uproar ...

Wounded Warrior founder open to return
Clinton Herald Wounded Warrior founder open to return Clinton Herald FILE- In this Monday, July 20, 2009 file photo, Steve Nardizzi, CEO of ...

Progressive rock legend Emerson dies
Progressive rock legend Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake and Palmer dies of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, aged 71, police tell the BBC.

Minnesota Couple Shocked By Photo Of Lynching On Joe’s Crab Shack Table
An African-American couple visited a Joe’s Crab Shack in Roseville, Minn. this week to celebrate a pre-birthday dinner but left after discovering ...

‘Scream’ Season 2 Spoilers: Release Date, Plot And New Cast Announced
Scream the TV series is about to enter its sophomore season on cable network MTV and there is much to be excited about with what’s to come. Season ...

‘Empire’ Cast, Crew Talk Growing Pains, Diversity And Guest Stars At PaleyFest Opener
A lively audience filed into the Dolby Theatre tonight for PaleyFest 's opening night ' Empire ' panel, with cast including Terrence Howard , ...