giving away laptops

Anyone got a laptop to give away to charity?

mkanayo2020@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyone got a laptop to give away to charity?

And what charity might that be?

Notan
0
notan (388)
4/27/2005 2:15:09 AM
The charity is of a person with health problems and just about never
leaves his house because of this. The internet is this main means of
communicating with the outside world and generally having something to
do, and he cannot do so anymore cos his present laptop is down. Please
Please help him if you can.

mkanayo2020@yahoo.com wrote:

> The charity is of a person with health problems and just about never
> leaves his house because of this. The internet is this main means of
> communicating with the outside world and generally having something to
> do, and he cannot do so anymore cos his present laptop is down. Please
> Please help him if you can.

If I'm not mistaken, there are numerous charities that will give
computers to the disabled, the housebound, etc.

If you're legit, head over to Google and have a look.

Notan
0
notan (388)
4/27/2005 6:20:55 PM
Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote in news:426EF5AD.18E04D7@ddress.com:

> mkanayo2020@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> Anyone got a laptop to give away to charity?
>
> And what charity might that be?

"The Human Fund"
0
heyho (434)
4/27/2005 6:48:24 PM
Hmmm.. Heard this story several times...
Duncan.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:48:24 -0500, Good Man wrote:

>"The Human Fund"

Do you take checks? I was thinking to donate 20 grand.

Lars
Stockholm
http://web.telia.com/~u84406120/
0
Lars3497 (138)

giving a laptop away!!!
hey people. I'm looking to find some kind hearted angel who'd be willing to give away a laptop (used if necessary) to someone in great need of one but cannot afford it. The internet is my only link to the outside world as i just about never get to leave my house for health reasons, and havent left it in the past 8 months; and all that is under threat as the laptop i use is faulty and will pack up anytime soon and no hope of getting a replacement. I'm really desperate here so i hope i find me an angel out there with a big heart to "save a soul... please respond to mkanayo2020@yahoo.com if you are that angel. God Bless. <mkanayo2020@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108145042.581495.243810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > hey people. I'm looking to find some kind hearted angel who'd be > willing to give away a laptop (used if necessary) to someone in great > need of one but cannot afford it. The internet is my only link to the > outside world as i just about never get to leave my house for health > reasons, and havent left it in the past 8 months; and all that is under > threat as the laptop i use is faulty and will pack up anytime soon and > no hope of getting a replacement. I'm really desperate here so i hope i > find me an angel out there with a big heart to "save a soul... please > respond to mkanayo2020@yahoo.com if you are that angel. > > God Bless. Why does it have to be a laptop? There'...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight pounds to drive a flatbed van in London? Here's hoping your surplus addresses someone else's deficit. R. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:14:44 +0000, Martin <bitbucket@idea-digital.com> wrote: >Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? > >Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a >complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! > >Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's >more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. > >Seriously though... > >It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. > >This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants >to rescue it. ...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

giving a laptop away (2)!!!
Hello again. This is trying to reach out to that angel out there again. I figured i might as well post again just incase he/she missed out on the 1st post. If indeed you did then the link is: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.laptops/browse_thread/thread/78889fae97286fae/8b77d65c3b9f6ff5#8b77d65c3b9f6ff5. So you can have an idea of what im talking about. I certainly hope my angel see's it this time around, and if not i'll probably post a 3rd and last time(3 strikes and i'm out), so i hope all of who've read my story will bear with me. Thanks. ...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

laptop bag and laptop mouse
i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. -- Ian Lincoln Independent I.T Consultant Deathwalker <ian-lincoln@blueyonder.co.ukspam> wrote: > i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a > back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also > l...

[...]

hello dear friends and computer lovers, can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:50:05 +0100, "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello dear friends and computer lovers, >can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios >from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? >manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) > Try here. They have a lot of information. some may be applicable to your ...

Laptop
ntpd seems to require a constant internet connection (although as far as I can see this is never explicitly stated). But what about a computer, which is only occasionally (on average once a day) connected to the internet, and for a few minutes (5 minutes on average)? Can ntpd be used in this case? If yes, what paramters have to be set in ntp.conf? If no, are there any programs available to handle this? In case it is relevant, here some more details: iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.5 ntpd -f /var/run/ntp.drift -p /var/run/ntpd.pid /etc/ntp.conf = "server time.asia.apple.com minpol...

Laptop
Hellow, I use matlab for intense data processing, large amounts of data, for example it can take me up to 1hr the smallest data set I process. My desktop is a Pentium4,1Gb PC3200. I'm shopping for a laptop what laptops do you guys recommend. I am personally insterested in Lenovo. Thanks ...

laptop
HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but also gift to your loved one so please visit our site http://mwi-laptop.blogspot.com/ ...

laptop
hi I would like to get a new laptop to run solidworks. I am looking for 15.4" screen, under 8 lbs and of course under $2500. recomendations? anyone running without an approved video card with good results? I also would like to know which lcd to go with? wuxga? wsxga? wxga? right now carrying around 17" alienware to customers, too heavy, too short battery life, too expensive. thanks greif Reply Sorry it didn't work out for you. Would you like to offload the Alienware cheap? I've got it's cousin the Hypersonic, and it's not light, but it blows the doors ...

laptop
HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but also gift to your loved one so please visit our site http://mwi-laptop.blogspot.com/ >>>>> waheed iqbal <whd373@gmail.com> (wi) wrote: >wi> HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but >wi> also gift to your loved one so please visit our site I have no personnel. -- Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl> URL: http://pietvanoostrum.com [PGP 8DAE142BE17999C4] Private email: piet@vanoostrum.org ...

Laptop
I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me on hols. I don't want VRPC. Dave. -- D On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:51:24 +0100 Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be > installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me > on hols. I don't want VRPC. Sure. Just find somebody willing to sell your 20 laptop cases for each of the RISC OS people left who'd buy a native lap...

Laptops today vs laptops yesterday
Its just so amazing how fast technology improves. I used to upgrade at least every year for laptops but I have come to the point that I have outgrown that terrible "illness". Last night I passed by a computer superstore and although I always fight the urge to even go inside one, I still went it and checked out what's on offer these days for laptops. Most laptops on display now are wide screen, silvery colored with some even red, blue, gray. These i think are the "in" color these days. Checked the keyboard which is the most important for me, sad to say, they are even wo...

Laptop Computer Furniture..(laptop computers)
laptop computers Laptops are small portable computers. They can be carried along, just like a small briefcase. They are convenient as they can be carried during travel. The furniture for this also has to be as per the dimensions of the laptop. With laptops being lighter and portable, the associated computer furniture is also becoming attractive and economical. A customer can choose from a variety of mobile laptop computer stands and desks. Some styles are foldable and perfect for travel. These laptop stands are good for small spaces. There are laptop computer desks to hold laptops, which can be rolled up to the conference room or to the bedside. Seat mounted desks are the perfect mobile organizer, for a laptop. They can be attached onto car seats. This enables the person to work even while being driven. Lap desks are very convenient and create a convenient work- table, wherever he sits. It costs around $99.00. Laptop caddy is a modification to the desks. This adjusts and tilts, so that the user can work anywhere in comfort. It is priced at $149.00. There are specially designed file compartments, which provide easy access to files and documents. This furniture is without a drill base mount, which is fully adjustable and removable in seconds. Adjustable laptop visor is another such accessory. It is adjustable to fit any laptop computer screen. It prevents glare and provides privacy. It is responsible for increasing productivity by reducing eyestrain and also protects the la...

question about Dell laptops- laptops in general?
Hi, I dont have a laptop but I have a friend who is selling their used laptop. My question is this they have the Lattitude C640, C610 or the C810 that I can choose from. Do all these laptops come with an ethernet connection? I would like to be able to run this laptop on a cable modem... What should I be looking for in the specs? just an ethernet? What about if I wanted to go wireless? if it doesnt have a wireless card, could one just add one to the laptop? how much does this usually cost? Also, if it had a lousy hard drive capacity- how much does it cost to add an larger harddrive? so essentially to sum it up, I am looking to go highspeed, with the option to go wireless, will these laptops work for that- what is needed? Thank you KOS KOS wrote: > Hi, I dont have a laptop but I have a friend who is selling their used > laptop. > > My question is this they have the Lattitude C640, C610 or the C810 > that I can choose from. Do all these laptops come with an ethernet > connection? I would like to be able to run this laptop on a cable > modem... What should I be looking for in the specs? just an ethernet? > > What about if I wanted to go wireless? if it doesnt have a wireless > card, could one just add one to the laptop? how much does this usually > cost? > > Also, if it had a lousy hard drive capacity- how much does it cost to > add an larger harddrive? > > so essentially to sum it up, I am looking to go highspeed, with t...

Web resources about - giving away laptops - comp.sys.laptops

Laptop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks . Laptops are commonly used in a variety of settings, including work, education, ...

The Pulse of Mobile Tech - Technology News and Views from LAPTOP Magazine
Remember in high school when you were assigned a sack of flour and you had to treat it as your baby for a week? This social project has just ...

Facebook Donating 50 Laptops to Nearby High School, Conducting Class on App Creation
Sequoia High School in Redwood City , Calif., is reaping the benefits of being located near Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park . (more…) ...

Laptop Screen
We provide Laptop Screen,HP Laptop screen,Dell laptop screen,Acer laptop screen to the world. - http://www.usa-laptop-screen.com/ . Do you need ...

Tech News, Reviews, Latest Gadgets & Technology News, Mobile, Tablet, Laptop, Gaming, Tech, Photos, Videos ...
Tech News, Reviews, Latest Gadgets & Technology News including Mobile, Tablet, Laptop, Gaming, Tech, Photos, Videos at NDTVGadgets.com. Get the ...

Toshiba laptops (@toshibalaptops) on Twitter

Abby - Magic Laptop - Farm Animals (Free) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Abby - Magic Laptop - Farm Animals (Free) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Laptop hard drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Laptop hard drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Razer Blade Stealth review: What happens when gamers make a regular laptop?
Without a GPU, it's just a competent Ultrabook with mediocre battery life.

Dell releases new XPS 13 Developer Edition, launches Linux-based Precision laptops worldwide
On the laptop side, Dell may be best known for its Windows devices, but, as some of you may already know, it also offers some killer Linux-based ...