Hard drive for a new IBM

I just got a new IBM today and after installing all the programs I need I
only have about 20 G's left of 40. And I haven't even started saving
anything yet.
Anyway, It's a brand new laptop and I'm wandering if I should get an 80 G
hard drive and if so what brand name of HD and from whom should I buy it?

Thanks.

IS.

0
IS

I have a external hard drive USB 2 and it works great, has it's own case and
power supply.

"IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
>I just got a new IBM today and after installing all the programs I need I
> only have about 20 G's left of 40. And I haven't even started saving
> anything yet.
> Anyway, It's a brand new laptop and I'm wandering if I should get an 80 G
> hard drive and if so what brand name of HD and from whom should I buy it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> IS.

0
woody10277 (327)
11/18/2004 8:05:07 AM
>I'm wandering if I should get an 80 G hard drive and if so
>what brand name of HD and from whom should I buy it?

Checkout:  $116 for a Toshiba MK6026GAX - 60GB ATA-6 -
                                 9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
 http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101671

Checkout:  $160 for a Toshiba MK8026GAX - 80GB ATA-6 -
                                 9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
 http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101678

I've been pleased with both for months.

Regards ... John

0
jeshoemaker1 (105)
11/18/2004 2:41:44 PM
That wouldn't be mobile enough. I have one like that on my desktop and I
agree with you they do work very nicely.

Thanks.

> I have a external hard drive USB 2 and it works great, has it's own case
and
> power supply.
>
> "IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
> >I just got a new IBM today and after installing all the programs I need I
> > only have about 20 G's left of 40. And I haven't even started saving
> > anything yet.
> > Anyway, It's a brand new laptop and I'm wandering if I should get an 80
> > hard drive and if so what brand name of HD and from whom should I buy
it?

> > Thanks.
> >
> > IS.

0
IS
11/18/2004 4:36:50 PM
Thanks for those links. I didn't know of this place.
I will consider getting the 80 G because they are both the same weight.

Thanks.

IS.

"John" <jeshoemaker@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> >I'm wandering if I should get an 80 G hard drive and if so
> >what brand name of HD and from whom should I buy it?
>
> Checkout:  $116 for a Toshiba MK6026GAX - 60GB ATA-6 -
>                                  9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
>  http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101671
>
> Checkout:  $160 for a Toshiba MK8026GAX - 80GB ATA-6 -
>                                  9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
>  http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101678
>
> I've been pleased with both for months.
>
> Regards ... John

0
IS
11/18/2004 4:37:55 PM
I have used ZipZoomFly for a couple of purchases. Very good company.

jimbo

IS wrote:
> Thanks for those links. I didn't know of this place.
> I will consider getting the 80 G because they are both the same weight.
>
> Thanks.
>
> IS.

>>Checkout:  $116 for a Toshiba MK6026GAX - 60GB ATA-6 -
>>                                 9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101671

0
jimbo62 (120)
11/18/2004 8:03:48 PM
I like the 60G 7200rpm drives.  80 @ 5400 is nearly as good.

I think you need to reconsider external drives.  Backup image, video, audio,
drivers and who knows what else.  whenever you sync up at home, take what
you need, delete what you don't.  And never have to rebuild you system from
restore disks again.

Kevin wrote:
> I like the 60G 7200rpm drives.  80 @ 5400 is nearly as good.
>
> I think you need to reconsider external drives.  Backup image, video, audio,
> drivers and who knows what else.  whenever you sync up at home, take what
> you need, delete what you don't.  And never have to rebuild you system from
> restore disks again.
>

> "IS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks for those links. I didn't know of this place.
>>I will consider getting the 80 G because they are both the same weight.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>IS.
>>

>>"John" <jeshoemaker@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

>>>Checkout:  $116 for a Toshiba MK6026GAX - 60GB ATA-6 -
>>>                                 9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
>>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101671
>>>
>>>Checkout:  $160 for a Toshiba MK8026GAX - 80GB ATA-6 -
>>>                                 9.5mm - 5400RPM - 16.3MB Buffer
>>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101678
>>>
>>>I've been pleased with both for months.
>>>
>>>Regards ... John

I second the positive comments on zipzoomfly. I do not think you
mentioned if your machine has an ultraslim bay. If it does, I strongly
advise you to buy from IBM the HDD adapter for it, so that removing the
DVD drive enables you to have two hd in your machines. Beats any
external drive. BUT, I use both approaches and have too an external
Firewire drive (USB would be fine too) so that I can move data to other
machines than IBM's. Start with the HD slimbay adapter, takes about 2
weeks to get it from IBM. One problem is, unless you buy the HD from IBM
(dissuasive cost) you need a special enclosure (about $30.00) to put the
HD in before it will fit into the adapter. Trying to do without this
enclosure is a major source of problem and mishaps. They are difficult
to find, one source is, email at bill@thinkpads.com.

Best regards

--
John Doue
0

Best to change it now before you load it up  with data.  I think the
100 Gb drives may be coming down a bit in price too, but when I bought
my 80 Gb the price difference between 80 and 100 was just too much to
justify.  Even 100 Gb is too small..... he he....  ALL hard drives are
too small.... yuk

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:04:55 GMT, "IS" <y@y.com> wrote:

>I just got a new IBM today and after installing all the programs I need I
>only have about 20 G's left of 40. And I haven't even started saving
>anything yet.
>Anyway, It's a brand new laptop and I'm wandering if I should get an 80 G
>hard drive and if so what brand name of HD and from whom should I buy it?
>
>Thanks.
>
>IS.

0
wdxp (75)

new hard drive + old hard drive
I think I need you guys help here. My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and it's messed up and registry doesn't look good. I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard drive(C:) and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:) I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install on new 20GB. I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure bios etc and install XP with clean installation. What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard drive. As far as I know,I...

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

New Hard Drive -- Can one transfer data from a previous Eudora installation onto a new installation on the new drive?
Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but it works just fine for me). My old drive (now the slave) contains all my previous settings (i.e, address book & saved messages. Can one gracefully transfer this information into the new installation. For example, is it a matter of simply copying certain files from the old drive to the new one? If so, what files? Thanks in advance Yves Thomas wrote: > Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and > re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but it works just fine for me). > > My old drive (now the slave) contains all my previous settings (i.e, > address book & saved messages. Can one gracefully transfer this > information into the new installation. Just take the old installation directory, copy it to the new machine, and then install Eudora in that same directory. -- Peter Yves Thomas wrote: > Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and > re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but it works just fine for me). > > My old drive (now the slave) contains all my previous settings (i.e, > address book & saved messages. Can one gracefully transfer this > information into the new installation. > > For example, is it a matter of simply copying certain files from the > old drive to the new one? If so, what files? > > Thanks ...

New hard drive for IBM T20
I need a new drive for my old T20. It's pretty full and Spinrite says it's dying. The current drive is a Hitachi 11G, probably 4200 RPM. Of course I can go bigger and faster, but should I? I just read a review at THG, which lavished praise on the new 7200 RPM Hitachi, and says faster isn't a problem with power consumption. But I'm concerned about heat. I leave my computer running almost 24/7. It's been dead reliable so far, and I don't want to mess with it. I know others have had overheating problems after putting faster drives in older machines. Noise is an issue too -- I like my computer to be as quiet as possible. It's one reason I chose the T20 initially. Any thoughts? Matt O. "Matt O'Toole" <matt@deltanet.com> wrote in message news:34me6tF4f9ni8U1@individual.net... > I need a new drive for my old T20. It's pretty full and Spinrite says it's > dying. The current drive is a Hitachi 11G, probably 4200 RPM. Of course I can > go bigger and faster, but should I? I just read a review at THG, which lavished > praise on the new 7200 RPM Hitachi, and says faster isn't a problem with power > consumption. But I'm concerned about heat. I leave my computer running almost > 24/7. It's been dead reliable so far, and I don't want to mess with it. I know > others have had overheating problems after putting faster drives in older > machines. Noise is an issue too -- I lik...

installing a new hard drive into my laptop
at the moment i only have 40gb and really need more. any ideas how to go about this? thanks kaz wrote: > at the moment i only have 40gb and really need more. any ideas how to > go about this? > > thanks > Buy a 80G (newegg, zipzoomfly) Hitachi or Ibm Travelstar and install it. Once you tell us which laptop you have, more useful info will certainly come. -- John Doue i have got a acer 2700 thank You seem like a fine young man. Check this out: https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/TM2200_2700_UserManual.pdf What wussies! For a hard disk upgrade they tell you to consult your dealer. However, if you look on page 19 of the manual you will see a bottom view of the notebook. Item 3 is the hard disk bay. Looks very easy, remove the cover and you should be looking at the HD. I wish my ancient Compaq was as easy to service. I have to split it in half to get to the HD. "kaz" <harriesspike@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:gA2Me.61113$D21.17417@fe07.news.easynews.com... >i have got a acer 2700 > > thanks > ...

FT: 6.4gb desktop hard drives....I need laptop hard drives
I have at least 50 6.4gb hard drives(these go in your desktop or tower, most are western digital and some are maxtor). I'd like to trade some or all of these for 4gb or 5gb laptop hard drives, the laptop drives must fit into an ibm thinkpad 600. to email me go here: http://www.geocities.com/pauldbz/ ...

Which hard drive (IBM, Toshiba, Fujitsu) for laptop ???
Please help me to choose the best solution. I need best quality and silent hard drive for my laptop Dell CPx. If you had some problems with this hard drives, write please Kris In article <bi53kc$8ju$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>, Krzysiek <krzysiekj@op.pl> wrote: >Please help me to choose the best solution. I need best quality and silent >hard drive for my laptop Dell CPx. If you had some problems with this hard >drives, write please One nice indicator of quality is the length of the warranty you get with it. -- Mark ...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy)
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy) #2
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Who SELLING new IBM 7200rpm LAPTOP drives NOW ???
hi all, where can i find a seller of those new 7200rpm laptop drives. pls advice, thx -V >where can i find a seller of those new 7200rpm laptop drives. Vince, click the down-arrow to the right of the box in the middle of this site: http://tinyurl.com/fuik John http://www.thinkpads.com/start.htm#Model I believe you can only buy them with the purchase of a new laptop (IBM and Dell, are the only ones I know of now) according to this article: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1094173,00.asp The original press release at hitachi also says something to that effect. -G &q...

Fitting new hard drive for Pavillion laptop (ze5700)
Hi, A friend has asked me to fix their laptop. I'm no expert on these things so I've got a bit stuck on something that should be very easy. It needs a new hard drive (I found) but I can't remove the old one. I followed the instructions in the manual saying to remove the screws and then to let it gently slide out. But this hard drive is stuck solid. I don't think it's really the hard drive, the black bit of plastic that you pull on is firlmy attached on the opposite side to the screws. It's stuck on the sliver surround of the keyboard as if there's some other screw that I should be removing but I can't see anything. Any ideas? Thanks. Peter ...

Just fitted a new hard drive on this Pavillion ze5700ea laptop
Hi, It's a 40Gb drive to replace the old 30Gb one. First off, I just put the drive in and put the XP installation disc in but it thought the HD was about 7Gb and wouldn't install anything on it. I went to the BIOS. The HD is set to Auto. This is a summary of the BIOS setting - Type: Auto LBA Format Total sectors 94918400 Max capacity 48598MB I changed to "User" to see what else was there - Type: User CHS Format Cylinders 14335 Heads 16 Sectors 63 Max capacity 7398MB then it listed the same LBA information. Why is the XP installation seeing the CHS format? Why is this set to only 7Gb? It's a seagate st9402112a hard drive. Thanks. Peter Forget that - I put the old HD in to check it's settings. Put the new one back and it works fine now! Maybe I didn't push it right in or something - though it passed the BIOS HD test utliity. Anyway. ...

need help hooking up IBM hard drive fm HP laptop
Hi, This is a hd from a HP laptop. It has personal data on it that hasn't been backed up. I'm going to try to backup the data and then return the hd to HP. The HD in question is faulty, but it still spins, so I may have a shot at it. A friend swapped the replacement from HP with this one, and asked me to see if I could get his stuff off it, etc. The drive is an IBM travelstar 4200 RPM 40 gig ATA/IDE model: Ic25n040ATCS04-0 July 'o2 I never fooled with laptop stuff before so I'm kinda stuck here. I was hoping I could access it with a normal 40pin ide cable, and then use jumper wires to hook up whatever run voltage it needed. No luck. Can anybody tell me how to proceed from here? Thanks for any ideas. Allen In article <oMidnQloksotHdncRVn-tA@comcast.com>, !Allen Lasting <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote: >Hi, > >This is a hd from a HP laptop. It has personal data on it that hasn't been >backed up. >I'm going to try to backup the data and then return the hd to HP. The HD in >question >is faulty, but it still spins, so I may have a shot at it. A friend swapped >the replacement >from HP with this one, and asked me to see if I could get his stuff off it, >etc. > >The drive is an IBM travelstar 4200 RPM 40 gig ATA/IDE >model: Ic25n040ATCS04-0 July 'o2 > >I never fooled with laptop stuff before so I'm kinda stuck here. I was >hoping I could >access it with a normal 40pin i...

low cost replacement hard drive for IBM Thinkpad i1400 laptop
Hi Can anyone recommend a good UK supplier of used or refurbished laptop drives? My friends laptop drive is failing and I'm looking for a compatible replacement. I tried lime search and google but most suppliers dont have the lower capacity drives in stock. As I've been unable to find out the maximum size drive this laptop can use with I'd prefer to stick with the same size. So I'm looking for a supplier that has them available. Hope someone can help. Thanks for any info. BTW... This is the second IBM drive that has failed!! The original one was repla...

Old 486 Laptop
I've been given an old 486 laptop and have put windows 95 ORS2 on it - but the system only saw the first 500MB or so if the hard drive - I thought Partition Magic would see the rest but it hasn't - there is an option that says LBA support above 512MB - it was disbaled now I've enbabled it but no difference. I seem to remember having the same problem with an old 486 desktop and a guy at a computer company made me a floppy disk that installed some kind of driver or something that allowed me to see bigger hard drives - but I can't remember what it was called. My drive...

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

Having hard time retrieving Laptop hard drive data
I am trying to recover data from my laptop's hard drive. I took the hard drive out of the laptop and put it in one of those external hard drive boxes that connect to the USB port of a PC and within a few minutes the drive showed up including access to all the files inside the old hard drive. I started switching files around from one folder to another to prepare to burn them on DVD discs. Stupid mistake! I should have immediately copied the files from the old hard drive into the computer!!!!! Within about 30 minutes of switching files around, suddenly that particular hard drive disapeared from the computer saying I no longer had access to it. I've tried it on other computers using the same external box and even went to the point of buying another brand's external box---which the computer never even recognzied, meaning I had less success with it. Now, still trying to access the data, all the computer does is set up a drive for it but it tries yet never actually reads it. All the hard drive does is turn and turn and turn for hours until I get tired and unplug it. Device Manager says the device is working perfectly. I have even tried one of those internal IDE plug adapters. I don't know if I need to set jumpers or what but I have tried everything I possibly know how to try. Does anyone know of any other possible way or some other method to get data off this laptop hard drive? Or is there something I am possibly doing wrong with the devices I have becaus...

can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?
Hi. My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it. The hard drive in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition. Is there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to my laptop? thanks, Kristie yes, get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire connection, or both. I did it, works great. -- Dennis Savatski "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message news:8c9b4541.0401221503...

drive problems / smallish laptop hard drive for sale cheap?
So I just installed a 5300cs motherboard in my trusty old 190cs, wiped the drive and installed os9 and some Lucent wireless software, and all was right with the world. Then I installed a 3Com driver for my ethernet pcmcia card, and everything went south. Now I'm stuck with a 500 meg laptop hard drive that comes out clean according to both Disk Warrior and DFA, but won't find a system on it when you boot it on it's own - all it does is go spin*click*spin*click* on startup. So, as this is an original, 6+ year old hard drive, is anyone of an opinion that it might be savable, o...

want to install old hard drive on newe pc as secondary drive
My brother is sending me his pc. It has Win XP installed as it's operating system. It also has a slot for a secondary IDE. I am currently using a pc with Win 98. And was wondering what the step by steps are on installing my old hard drive on the newer pc? Does the operating system have to be installed? Please be as specific as possible. Oh and he did reformat the drive for me, also. Thanx in advance, Deb magoo2u <dfoley2318@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:428f9aba$1_3@alt.athenanews.com... > My brother is sending me his pc. It has Win XP in...

Best way to backup laptop hard drive? (drive imaging utilities)
This is the first time I have owned a laptop. It took me dozens of hours to setup Windows XP, install my applications and customize my environment. I backup my data files often, but this doesnt help me if my laptop is lost or stolen or my hard drive fails. I will have to start from scratch to reinstall and tweak my setup on a new machine. I want to avoid this potential problem as I am currently in school. I am considering using a hard disk imaging type of backup program such as Norton Ghost or Power Quest Drive Image 7.0. In theory this would allow me to restore the configuration I had on my p...

transfer data from ide drive to new computer with SATA hard drive.
I am interested in purchasing a new gateway #GT5412 desktop computer which comes with a SATA hard drive. My present computer has IDE drives. Are there connections on computers with SATA drives to hook up with an IDE drive so that transfer can take place? best, Aaron One way to do this would be to buy an empty external hard drive case with USB cable, install your old hard drive, and have at it. Another way would be to connect both computers via Ethernet. If they are both connected to an Ethernet router or switch, it is very simple. If they are to be connected directly to one another, you need an Ethernet crossover cable, and you also need to set them up with fixed IP addresses in the same range. .... Ben Myers On 29 Mar 2007 11:05:31 -0700, "aaronep@pacbell.net" <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote: >I am interested in purchasing a new gateway #GT5412 desktop computer >which comes with a SATA hard drive. >My present computer has IDE drives. Are there connections on >computers with SATA drives to hook up with an IDE drive so that >transfer can take place? best, Aaron Hi Ben: the suggestions of obtaining an external hd case with usb connection sounds good. However, do you know whether or not these new computers with SATA drives also have IDE drive connectors? best, Aaron On Mar 29, 2:49 pm, Ben Myers <ben_myers_spam_me_...@charter.net> wrote: > One way to do this would be to buy an empty external hard drive case with USB &...

upgrading hard drive on laptop
I have a laptop with a 30Gig hard drive that I have partitioned into 2 equal partitions. I would like to replace the 30gig with a 60 gig drive. What is the easiest way to transfer my drive image, so that I don't need to install Windows XP and all of my applications on the new drive. Thanks techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: : I have a laptop with a 30Gig hard drive that I have partitioned into 2 : equal partitions. I would like to replace the 30gig with a 60 gig : drive. What is the easiest way to transfer my drive image, so that I : don't need to install Windows XP and all of my applications on the new : drive. Get a USB enclosure for a 2.5" hard drive, then clone the current drive to the new drive, then swap the new drive in. I use Acronis True Image instead of Symantec's Ghost, but in your case, you might want to buy a Symantec software bundle that includes Ghost and Partition Magic, so after you clone the drive to the new one, you can re-size the two 15GB partitions to be two 30GB partitions (or whatever you want them to be now). If you already have an external hard drive, you could make images (with Ghost or True Image) of the two partitions and save them to the external drive (assuming you have 30GB laying around), then swap in the new drive, boot from the recovery disk you made in Ghost or True Image, and install each partition on the new drive. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- *******************************************************...

New Hard Drive
Thinking about getting another Hard Drive put into my RiscPC for the sake of doing backups of all my data files, to do away with all the Zip Disk and CD Roms. My machine is only a single slice would I need another slice or would the new Drive have room in the one slice I have. Mick. -- Mick Martin, to email me Remove, warez. http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/mmartin/fifepits/ On 5 Sep 2004 Mick Martin <mmartin@warez.zetnet.co.uk> wrote: > Thinking about getting another Hard Drive put into my RiscPC for the > sake of doing backups of all my data files, to do away with all the Zip ...

Web resources about - Hard drive for a new IBM - comp.sys.laptops

Ben Carson, The Perfect Choice for Donald Trump’s Vice President
The surprising new partnership formed between presidential hopeful Donald Trump and former GOP rival, Dr. Ben Carson, is causing waves in the ...

Here's why GM is buying an autonomous driving software firm
General Motors announced Friday that it's acquiring Cruise Automation for Cruise's deep software talent and rapid development capability a move ...

Saturday's Best Deals: Mohu Leaf, SwissGear, Galaxy S7 Cases, and More
Your favorite HDTV antenna , cases for Samsung’s new phones , and a TSA-approved messenger bag kick off Saturday’s best deals. Bookmark Kinja ...

Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires
Business Insider Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires Business Insider FILE - In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 photo provided ...

Police Launch a Suicide Investigation Following the Death of Keith Emerson
Fans were recently left rocked by the news that Keith Emerson has passed away yesterday at the age of 71, however, the news has taken a turn ...

Dog Whisperer Investigated For Alleged Pig Baiting
The “Dog Whisperer” Cesar Millan is being investigated for animal cruelty. A segment from his popular TV show on Nat Geo WILD caused public uproar ...

Wounded Warrior founder open to return
Clinton Herald Wounded Warrior founder open to return Clinton Herald FILE- In this Monday, July 20, 2009 file photo, Steve Nardizzi, CEO of ...

‘Scream’ Season 2 Spoilers: Release Date, Plot And New Cast Announced
Scream the TV series is about to enter its sophomore season on cable network MTV and there is much to be excited about with what’s to come. Season ...

Minnesota Couple Shocked By Photo Of Lynching On Joe’s Crab Shack Table
An African-American couple visited a Joe’s Crab Shack in Roseville, Minn. this week to celebrate a pre-birthday dinner but left after discovering ...

Daylight Saving Time: Facts, springing forward tips as we move clocks ahead an hour
AL.com Daylight Saving Time: Facts, springing forward tips as we move clocks ahead an hour AL.com Most people in the U.S. will move their ...