how can you tell if you have usb 1.1 or usb 2

How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector?
0
handl (5)

"Laura" <handl@mts.net> wrote in message

> How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a
> usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector?

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

Then right click on the USB hub(s) and click Properties.

Another way is to plug in a known USB 2.0 device into
the port. The system will pop a warning if the port is
USB 1.1.

dk

0
dankoren (385)
7/29/2004 8:57:36 PM
"Laura" > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0
connector?

plug something into it that runs on USB 2.0. You'll get an error message.

Pat

0
me4 (19624)
7/30/2004 1:20:26 AM
Laura wrote:
> How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0
> connector?

Connectors for USB are the same for USB 1.1 or 2. Win2K does not support
USB2 unless an MS patch is applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319973

The link will answer your question.  Even with the patch, it is up to
the vendor to supply a Win2K compatible driver for USB2.  Check that the
USB device is in fact compatible.

quaoar (1575)

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

USB 2.0 printers and USB 1.0/1.1 computers
I need a new printer, being fed up with the POS Epson 740 I have now. I was considering an HP LaserJet 1012, but noticed it has a USB 2.0 port only. I've got a Rev B iMac with USB 1.0 or maybe (but I doubt it) USB 1.1. I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since you all are a well-informed bunch, I figured someone here would know. Thanks! > I've searched the 'net to no avail as to whether 2.0 >peripherals are backwards-compatible to older USB computers. Since >you all are a well-infor...

USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
Dear all, Could I use a win32 function to get the USB port is suport USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? I want to write a program to access the USB devices and show them is in the USB 1.1 or USB 2.0. Could everyone help me to find the function call? Or where I can find any relative information? Thanks. ---Ted Hi, Well, removable ms-dos devices such as USBs can be accessed through the \\\\.\\PhysicalDrive#. Call the API QueryDosDevice(), and get a list of all existing MS-DOS device names. You can also use the function DefineDosDevice() to define the device name as well. That said, whe...

How to tell USB 1 or USB 2?
How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Thanks, Anthony In article <f0a79190.0402251052.2265babc@posting.google.com>, anthony <ajc1961@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I tell if the USB ports on my G4 are USB 1 or 2? Run the System Profiler application. Click USB, then USB Bus. If it saya "Up to 12 Mb/sec," you have USB 1.1. If it's something higher than that, it's USB 2. (As I don't have USB 2, I'm not positive of the USB 2 speed figure, but I believe it's 480Mbps.) -- Garner R. Miller Manchester, CT =USA= ...

HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2?
Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. Any info appreciated Cheers From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to guess that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher throughput of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows 98, which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben Myers On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote: >Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? > >Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB > >Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. > >Any info appreciated > >Cheers > > Ta Ben. I finally got a tech online to chat with. And yup he said its definitely 1.1 and USB2. So, it'll make use of USB2 if u have USB 2 ports and a USB2 cable. <ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message news:41efbc8a.5083615@nntp.charter.net... > From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to > guess > that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher > throughput > of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows > 98, > which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben > Myers > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "P...

Change laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock ...

Upgrade laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock In news:477d8500$0$32673$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au, Rock typed on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:57:43 +1100: > Hi, > > I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. > > It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that > one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT > have a PMCIA slot. > Any help here please. > > It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, > Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. > > It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. > > Thanks for any help. > > > rock Wow, you are kidding, right? Something with 2.4GHZ with 1GB.... whoa wait! 1MB of RAM? You mean 1GB right? With a 1MB, that would be like a 286 or a 386 (and some 486) machines made over 15 years ago. Oh with a 20GB HD... well that would put it about when the change over from USB1 to USB2 had taken place (2000-2002 era). No PCMCIA slot you say? Btw, a lot of people call them PC Card slots nowadays. I personally don't go for the i...

Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1
I have two generic 4-port USB hubs that are supposed to be USB 2.0 compliant. The older one is fine, works as advertised. Meanwhile the newer one sometimes shows up under the USB 2.0 root hub (i.e. "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller"), or usually it shows up under the slower "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller" (USB 1.1). My motherboard (Asus M2NPV-VM) USB ports are all USB 2.0 compliant, and they individually auto-detect whether they need to switch down to USB 1.1 speeds. I'm using a Microsoft tool called UVCView under Windows XP to display the det...

Compatibilit� USB 2.0 et USB 1.1 avec W2K ?
Bonjour Je rencontre un PB avec l'une de mes cl�s USB qui est USB 2.0 et qui bug lorsque je la connacte sur un hub USB 1.1 : je la "vois" sur le PC mais je ne peux y transf�rer quoique ce soit, malgr� l'installation des drivers sp�cifiques. Ayant constat� qu'avec XP, chaque fois que l'on connecte un p�riph�rique USB 2.0 sur un port 1.1 XP signale qu'il peux y avoir des porbl�mes, je vous drais savoir si cela existe aussi avec W2K. Merci d'avance Sorry Pegasus Mail is NOT USB 1.x or 2.0 compliant. Dave ;-) <John.Viel@caramail.rem...

move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port
I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port. How do I do it? Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10 system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun systems. I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable stuff ...

2 USB ports on Canon i960. Can I use 1.1 on Win 98SE and 2.0 on Win XP?
The Canon i960 printer has two USB ports on the back, one for 1.1 speed and another for 2.0 speed. Question: can I hook up a computer running Win 98SE that uses only the 1.1 speed to the 1.1 port while simultaneously hooking up a new computer running Win XP to use the 2.0 port on the printer? Would it damage the printer if both computers were on at the same time or would I have to keep one turned off at all times to protect the printer. Never mind the EULA, yeesh. If I used a print server, I don't know that it would allow the printer to differentiate between the slow speed and the fast speed because only one cable comes out of the print server to the printer, and that would be the slow speed default USB port. ...

What specification usb is in sgi 320 usb 1 or usb 2
looking at device connection using usb iceclown wrote: > looking at device connection using usb The SGI320 is too old for USB2. It has USB1 ports, which are not fully compatible with all USB devices... Better get an USB or USB2 PCI card... Benjamin thanks, come to think of it the fact it doesn't mention specification of usb port indicates early version ...

problem related to backward compatibility of usb 2.0 -> usb 1.1?
Hi, I've recently bought an external harddrive (Q - tec). It's great stuff. The hdd combines lot's of storage space and small dimensions with adequate speed because it runs on usb 2.0. Just plug it in and do whatever you feel like doing. Needless to say, I've grown attached to it. Then bad things started to happen. One night, my PC got fragged (cooked MCU on motherboard). As a result, I was forced to use my dad's computer in order to finish my work for school. It didn't have any usb 2.0 slots, so I had to make due with usb 1.1. I plugged it in, started Wi...

How to detect if an USB Flash Stick/other device supports USB 2.0 (or only 1.1) ?
Is there a way or tool which allows me to detect if a (currently plugged in) USB Stick resp other device (e.g.scanner) supports the USB version 2.0 or only USB 1.1 ? Tom ...

USB 1.0 or 1.1??
Howdy! Googled this as much as I could, but no luck. I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like to know what kind of USB port it has. The "revision" I think it's called. You know 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0. I'm sure it's not 2.0 but I'd like to know if it's 1.1 or 1.0. Does anybody know of a way to tell what revision a USB port is? Or if not, does anyone know what revision is on a Toshiba 4030CDT? Penno "penno" schrieb > I have a reasonably old Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT notebook. I'd like > to know what...

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy....

Toshiba Satellite 2410-S185 / PS241U-851457 is NOT USB 2.0 as advertised. It is only USB 1.1
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. They told me �Thank you for letting us know the error in our documentation, I�ll have someone fix that for you� Of course there is NO WAY they�re going to get off the hook that easy. I can�t imagine how many of these they sold with such a major mistake. I have a feeling they�re just going to send me a usb2.0 pccard adapter. They BETTER do at least that much. I'd say it qualifies for a class action law suit. Not that I myself have the energy or motivation to take it that far. usenet@net-express.com.remove On Mon, 03 May 2004 21:15:19 -0500, Bastian <usenet@net-express.com> wrote: >I purchased a Toshiba laptop 2410-S185 from CDW almost a year ago > >The system specs claimed to support USB 2.0. >This didn�t seem to be the case when I tried to get it working. > >I eventually looked up the Intel Chipset at Intel�s website and found >it DOES NOT support 2.0 (Intel Chipset 82801CA) > >I spent 4 hours on the phone with Toshiba before I was upgraded to a >lvel two tech and convinced them of the problem. > >They told me �...

New Printer with USB 2.0 - Old PC with USB 1.1 Ports
I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 year old laptop that has two USB 1.1 ports. Will a new printer with a USB 2.0 connection work with my laptop? I heard it will - but will be slower than designed to be. I am planning on getting another HP OfficeJet (my old one lasted 7 years!!!!). Also, can I use a regular USB 1.1 cable? Is there a difference between USB cables (2.0 different than 1.1?). Thanks! Paula On 31 Jul 2006 17:25:13 -0700, pokee@shaw.ca wrote: >I am FINALLY getting around to getting a new printer - but I have a 4 >year o...

USB Secure 1.2.1
USB Secure helps you password protect USB drives, Thumb drives, Memory cards, External drives and Flash drives. It supports plug and play and runs automatically once a USB drive is plugged in, asking you the password for it. USB Secure is hassle free and it doesn't need a rocket scientist to master. USB flash drives are the most popular way to move data from one PC to another. They are small in size but can carry gigabytes of data. They are easy to use, convenient, affordable, but at the same time they pose a security risk and can be easily lost, stolen or misplaced. A secure US...

USB 1.1
Does anybody know if USB 1.1 host support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ? I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host PC. Thanks, Martin Roth Motorola Israel Martin Roth wrote: > Does anybody know if USB 1.1 host support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ? > > I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host > PC. > > Thanks, > > Martin Roth > Motorola Israel In most cases, USB 2.0 devices will "downshift" to 1.1 speeds. You might find a device that was unable to do so, because it needed ...

Can I access my external hard drive through 2.0 USB PCI card rather than 1.1 motherboard via DOS?, tryitoz
Have a Compaq machine with 2 built in 1.1 USB ports (on motherboard). I can boot to DOS with a Win 98 DOS boot disk. This allows me to access all Fat 32 files on my hard drives. I have an ASPI driver that allows me to access my USB ports (external hard drive) while in DOS mode. Can the 520 product be accessed while in DOS mode? Should I disable my USB support in my CMOS?This is so that it disables 1.1 USB ports but hopefully will allow access to your 2,0 USB PCI card and associated drivers. I have been told that in some instances you MUST not disable the USB support of the comp...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Web resources about - how can you tell if you have usb 1.1 or usb 2 - comp.sys.laptops

Fox News Hosts Freak Out When Their Colleague Denounces Donald Trump Over Violence At His Events
The ladies of the Hiked Skirt Brigade cohosting Outnumbered got a serious case of the vapors hearing their colleague get upset about assaults ...

Here's why GM is buying an autonomous driving software firm
General Motors announced Friday that it's acquiring Cruise Automation for Cruise's deep software talent and rapid development capability a move ...

Saturday's Best Deals: Mohu Leaf, SwissGear, Galaxy S7 Cases, and More
Your favorite HDTV antenna , cases for Samsung’s new phones , and a TSA-approved messenger bag kick off Saturday’s best deals. Bookmark Kinja ...

Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires
Business Insider Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires Business Insider FILE - In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 photo provided ...

Police Launch a Suicide Investigation Following the Death of Keith Emerson
Fans were recently left rocked by the news that Keith Emerson has passed away yesterday at the age of 71, however, the news has taken a turn ...

Daylight Saving Time: Facts, springing forward tips as we move clocks ahead an hour
AL.com Daylight Saving Time: Facts, springing forward tips as we move clocks ahead an hour AL.com Most people in the U.S. will move their ...

Wounded Warrior founder open to return
Clinton Herald Wounded Warrior founder open to return Clinton Herald FILE- In this Monday, July 20, 2009 file photo, Steve Nardizzi, CEO of ...

‘Scream’ Season 2 Spoilers: Release Date, Plot And New Cast Announced
Scream the TV series is about to enter its sophomore season on cable network MTV and there is much to be excited about with what’s to come. Season ...

Malia Obama giving Sasha and Ryan Reynolds the thumbs-up is peak sibling behavior
Malia Obama has mastered the art of sibling shade. Her sister Sasha, who is clearly a big Ryan Reynolds fan, got to meet the Deadpool star at ...

Dog Whisperer Investigated For Alleged Pig Baiting
The “Dog Whisperer” Cesar Millan is being investigated for animal cruelty. A segment from his popular TV show on Nat Geo WILD caused public uproar ...