How to copy files from laptop hard drive to desktop

I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to
desktop.  After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't
find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez.  What's the
right wawy to do this.
Thanks in advacne

zfc6e@yahoo.com
0
zfc6e (2)

Not enough info, what OS and file system are on each drive?

"zfc6e" <zfc6e@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2f793ef9.0311251441.214bae5e@posting.google.com...
> I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to
> desktop.  After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't
> find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez.  What's the
> right wawy to do this.
> Thanks in advacne
>
> zfc6e@yahoo.com

0
brooks.dj (19)
11/26/2003 1:44:22 AM
If you are just trying to copy "files" and not the system, leave the
drive in the notebook, network the laptop and desktop, and copy the
files across the network.

You did something wrong, because the hard drive should have been visible
on the desktop.  However, while you may need to do this to copy the
"system", it's overkill for just copying files.

zfc6e wrote:
> I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to
> desktop.  After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't
> find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez.  What's the
> right wawy to do this.
> Thanks in advacne
>
> zfc6e@yahoo.com

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)
11/26/2003 5:39:58 PM
connect the 2 Pcs via network or via USB

--
Dennis Savatski
"David B." <brooks.dj@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> Not enough info, what OS and file system are on each drive?
>
> --

> "zfc6e" <zfc6e@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to
> > desktop.  After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't
> > find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez.  What's the
> > right wawy to do this.
> > Thanks in advacne
> >
> > zfc6e@yahoo.com

0
sava71 (61)
11/26/2003 6:32:44 PM
Not necessarily, which is why I asked the questions I did. If the laptop drive had an NTFS partition and the desktop was a Win 9X
based OS, it will not be able to access the drive.

"Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:3FC4E4F5.9040503@neo.rr.com...

> You did something wrong, because the hard drive should have been visible
> on the desktop.  However, while you may need to do this to copy the
> "system", it's overkill for just copying files.
>

> zfc6e wrote:
> > I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to
> > desktop.  After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't
> > find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez.  What's the
> > right wawy to do this.
> > Thanks in advacne
> >
> > zfc6e@yahoo.com

0
brooks.dj (19)
11/27/2003 2:17:36 AM
Even then, at the hardware level (BIOS, FDISK) the drive would have been
detected.

David B. wrote:

> Not necessarily, which is why I asked the questions I did. If the laptop drive had an NTFS partition and the desktop was a Win 9X
> based OS, it will not be able to access the drive.

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)

How do I transfer files from laptop hard drive to desktop?
My laptop crashed but Im sure it still spins. I need to transfer file from it to my desktop hard drive. I bought a 2.5" Laptop t 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Adapter but when they are both plugged in my desktop doesnt see either of the hard drives. I went into CMOS an tried to auto detect them, but they wouldnt show. The desktop har drive is set as Master. Why wouldnt BIOS or CMOS be able to see m main hard drive? What am I missing here In news:TuzAf.132444$pW2.61088@fe04.news.easynews.com no@spam.invalid (ReBooteD) wrote: > My laptop crashed but Im sure it still spins. I need to transfer files > from it to my desktop hard drive. I bought a 2.5" Laptop to > 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Adapter but when they are both plugged in, > my desktop doesnt see either of the hard drives. I went into CMOS and > tried to auto detect them, but they wouldnt show. The desktop hard > drive is set as Master. Why wouldnt BIOS or CMOS be able to see my > main hard drive? What am I missing here? When I upgraded the drive in my laptop, I bought a cheap external case with a USB-IDE interface for the old drive and simply plugged it into the USB port. Lots simpler than trying to install it as an internal drive and you can use it as portable storage once you're done with the recovery. -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Laptop drives have master/slave settings too, but if you just install it on a different cable than your main hard drive, you shouldn'...

FT: 6.4gb desktop hard drives....I need laptop hard drives
I have at least 50 6.4gb hard drives(these go in your desktop or tower, most are western digital and some are maxtor). I'd like to trade some or all of these for 4gb or 5gb laptop hard drives, the laptop drives must fit into an ibm thinkpad 600. to email me go here: http://www.geocities.com/pauldbz/ ...

can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?
Hi. My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it. The hard drive in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition. Is there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to my laptop? thanks, Kristie yes, get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire connection, or both. I did it, works great. -- Dennis Savatski "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message news:8c9b4541.0401221503...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

connect desktop hard drive to laptop ??
Is it possible to connect our normal internal desktop hard drive to a laptop ? If yes, how can we do it? Thanks, Anirudh Anirudh Saria wrote: > Is it possible to connect our normal internal desktop hard drive to a laptop > ? > If yes, how can we do it? > > Thanks, > Anirudh > > > > > They have the same pinout except for the smaller physical size of the connector and the power going thru the cable. You'd need an adapter cable and a power supply for the disk. I'd STRONGLY recommend AGAINST trying this. External USB drive is much safer and more useful. mike -- Return address is VALID. Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below. Toshiba & Compaq LiIon Batteries, Test Equipment Honda CB-125S $800 in PDX TEK Sampling Sweep Plugin and RM564 Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser Tektronix Concept Books, spot welding head... http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/ The most practical way is using a Local Area Network to connect the computers. Phil mike wrote: > Anirudh Saria wrote: > >> Is it possible to connect our normal internal desktop hard drive to a >> laptop >> ? >> If yes, how can we do it? >> >> Thanks, >> Anirudh >> >> >> >> >> > > They have the same pinout except for the smaller physical size > of the connector and the power going thru the cable. > You'd need an adapter cable and a power ...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy)
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy) #2
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Can iTunes from one laptop play music on another laptop's hard drive?
i have a macbook pro and an ibook both have bluetooth and airport extreme Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop? ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > i have a macbook pro and an ibook > > both have bluetooth and airport extreme > > Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT > laptop? > Yes, with some caveats. It depends on what you mean by "music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop". You can connect to participating iTunes instances in the same net, and stream music from that. ...

Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive
Anyone know where you can get an external USB laptop case (or just a cable type adapter), but for a 2.5" laptop drive that is Serial ATA (SATA) rather than the more mundaten IDE? My new Toshiba laptop has such a drive in it. ...

SN#11505 Desktops and Laptops Protected with VERITAS Desktop and Laptop Option
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 69 Issue 2 2003-11-10 Article 11505 from section "VERITAS" With its new product, the VERITAS Desktop and Laptop Option, VERITAS Software Corporation has extended its protective software umbrella to offer transparent protection of mission-critical corporate data that resides on the millions of laptops and desktops in small-to-medium size businesses and large enterprises. In addition, the VERITAS Desktop and Laptop Option allows users to automatically synchronize data among multiple machines with a single click. First previewed earlier this year as Project Shadow, the new technology, the VERITAS Desktop and Laptop Option, is scheduled to be released to market by the end of 2003 as an option to VERITAS Backup Exec software and VERITAS NetBackup software. Together, VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers and VERITAS NetBackup command 48.3 percent of the Windows and UNIX[R] backup and recovery market, according to industry analyst firm Gartner. The VERITAS Desktop and Laptop Option presents customers with a new, simple way to protect critical data that resides on machines outside of the central data center -- without requiring any new hardware, network resources or backup procedures. Key customer benefits include: - Continuous, transparent disk-based protection...

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

Desktop can ping laptop but laptop can't ping desktop
This one is driving me crazy. I have two computers (a desktop and a laptop) which share a cable modem connection via a Linksys router. The router is connected to the cable modem with ethernet cable. The desktop is connected to the router with ethernet cable, and the laptop is connected to the router with 802.11b Wi-Fi. The router is configured on the LAN side as 192.168.1.1, and gets the WAN IP address from the cable system. The router runs DHCP to assign LAN IP addresses to each computer. The desktop is 192.168.1.100, and the laptop is 192.168.1.101. Both computers can access t...

Having hard time retrieving Laptop hard drive data
I am trying to recover data from my laptop's hard drive. I took the hard drive out of the laptop and put it in one of those external hard drive boxes that connect to the USB port of a PC and within a few minutes the drive showed up including access to all the files inside the old hard drive. I started switching files around from one folder to another to prepare to burn them on DVD discs. Stupid mistake! I should have immediately copied the files from the old hard drive into the computer!!!!! Within about 30 minutes of switching files around, suddenly that particular hard drive disapeared from the computer saying I no longer had access to it. I've tried it on other computers using the same external box and even went to the point of buying another brand's external box---which the computer never even recognzied, meaning I had less success with it. Now, still trying to access the data, all the computer does is set up a drive for it but it tries yet never actually reads it. All the hard drive does is turn and turn and turn for hours until I get tired and unplug it. Device Manager says the device is working perfectly. I have even tried one of those internal IDE plug adapters. I don't know if I need to set jumpers or what but I have tried everything I possibly know how to try. Does anyone know of any other possible way or some other method to get data off this laptop hard drive? Or is there something I am possibly doing wrong with the devices I have becaus...

Laptop Hard drive...
I have a Gateway laptop and the power button broke on it. What is the best way to get the files from the hard drive so I can put them on another computer or CD? If you need any other information just let me know. Thanks, Sharon On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:34:47 -0600, snt2300 <snt2300.322jal@no.email.invalid> wrote: > >I have a Gateway laptop and the power button broke on it. What is the >best way to get the files from the hard drive so I can put them on >another computer or CD? If you need any other information just let me >know. > >Thanks, Sharon > Assuming that you can't operate the laptop at all, I guess you'd first have to remove the laptop's hard drive. Once that is accomplished, it then depends on what hardware you have available. Basically, your choices seem to be: 1. An adapter that allows you to install the laptop drive in a desktop as an IDE drive. They sell for about $5. This isn't the easiest method since it involves opening the desktop machine and installing another drive in it. 2. A USB adapter that connects to the laptop drive. They sell for about $15-20. This allows you to connect the bare drive to the USB connection on another computer. 3. A housing in which you install the laptop drive, thus making it a "portable" external drive. Again, you then simply connect it to another computer. These vary a lot in price, but I've seen them on sale for as little as $20. Or, I guess you could just take the la...

laptop hard drives
Sorry to bother people with stupid questions, and thanks to anyone who can spare a moment to give advice. I'm having trouble with my HP nx9005. I suspect the hard drive has died - it sometimes boots, sometimes doesn't, windows system recovery discovers bad sectors. If it does boot, then it bluescreens after a few minutes, accompanied by repetitive clicks from the drive. Two questions really: first, is there any way I can definitively establish that the hard drive is at fault, not the RAM or anything else? And second: how generic are laptop drives? If the HP website specifies an ATA-100 EIDE 4,200 rpm 2.5 inch form factor drive, must it be exactly that? Can the capacity or the number of rpm be different? Must the drive be from the same manufacturer (toshiba)? Will the connector be compatible? Thanks to anyone who can help, no rewards, just eternal gratitude to anyone who can save me from paying authorised service centre prices... cheers, Thomas Thomas wrote: > Sorry to bother people with stupid questions, and thanks to anyone who > can spare a moment to give advice. > > I'm having trouble with my HP nx9005. I suspect the hard drive has > died - it sometimes boots, sometimes doesn't, windows system recovery > discovers bad sectors. If it does boot, then it bluescreens after a few > minutes, accompanied by repetitive clicks from the drive. > > Two questions really: first, is there any way I can definitively > establish th...

Laptop Hard Drive
I need a laptop hard drive for my Dell Insp. 8000. Need a 40-8- GB HD if anyone has one or knows a good place to get them cheep. Robert texasgunman @ ev1 dot net ...

Copying files to new hard drive. win386.swp file.
Hi: I ordered a new 120gb hd and googled info about copying files and programs from the old hd to the new hd in WIN98SE. I understand everything except the part about that the win386.swp file has to be removed and that is done by diabling virtual memory and rebooting. I can do the procedure, easily done, but I am wondering why the win386.swp file has to be removed before copying files from one drive to another? Thx Doe John wrote: > Hi: > > I ordered a new 120gb hd and googled info about copying files and > programs from the old hd to the new hd in WIN98SE. I un...

drive problems / smallish laptop hard drive for sale cheap?
So I just installed a 5300cs motherboard in my trusty old 190cs, wiped the drive and installed os9 and some Lucent wireless software, and all was right with the world. Then I installed a 3Com driver for my ethernet pcmcia card, and everything went south. Now I'm stuck with a 500 meg laptop hard drive that comes out clean according to both Disk Warrior and DFA, but won't find a system on it when you boot it on it's own - all it does is go spin*click*spin*click* on startup. So, as this is an original, 6+ year old hard drive, is anyone of an opinion that it might be savable, o...

Best way to backup laptop hard drive? (drive imaging utilities)
This is the first time I have owned a laptop. It took me dozens of hours to setup Windows XP, install my applications and customize my environment. I backup my data files often, but this doesnt help me if my laptop is lost or stolen or my hard drive fails. I will have to start from scratch to reinstall and tweak my setup on a new machine. I want to avoid this potential problem as I am currently in school. I am considering using a hard disk imaging type of backup program such as Norton Ghost or Power Quest Drive Image 7.0. In theory this would allow me to restore the configuration I had on my p...

upgrading hard drive on laptop
I have a laptop with a 30Gig hard drive that I have partitioned into 2 equal partitions. I would like to replace the 30gig with a 60 gig drive. What is the easiest way to transfer my drive image, so that I don't need to install Windows XP and all of my applications on the new drive. Thanks techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: : I have a laptop with a 30Gig hard drive that I have partitioned into 2 : equal partitions. I would like to replace the 30gig with a 60 gig : drive. What is the easiest way to transfer my drive image, so that I : don't need to install Windows XP and all of my applications on the new : drive. Get a USB enclosure for a 2.5" hard drive, then clone the current drive to the new drive, then swap the new drive in. I use Acronis True Image instead of Symantec's Ghost, but in your case, you might want to buy a Symantec software bundle that includes Ghost and Partition Magic, so after you clone the drive to the new one, you can re-size the two 15GB partitions to be two 30GB partitions (or whatever you want them to be now). If you already have an external hard drive, you could make images (with Ghost or True Image) of the two partitions and save them to the external drive (assuming you have 30GB laying around), then swap in the new drive, boot from the recovery disk you made in Ghost or True Image, and install each partition on the new drive. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- *******************************************************...

desktop ide drive in laptop
I want to make an adapter so I can connect a desktop EIDE drive to a laptop. A regular IDE drive has 40 pins. A laptop drive has the same 40 pins plus four that carry power. I'm thinking I can just solder up a pin to pin adapter and an external 5V power supply for the drive. Can anyone think of a reason this will not work? Will the laptop fail to recognize the drive because of the missing pins? The goal is a car mp3 player. I have a spare 60gig drive and an old P122 laptop with a measly 1 gig drive in it. The laptop doesn't have a usb port, so a usb to ide adapter isn't an option....

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

Web resources about - How to copy files from laptop hard drive to desktop - comp.sys.laptops

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Polarr Photo Editor gets a Windows 7+ desktop release
Popular mobile and browser-based image editor Polarr Photo Editor is now available in a desktop edition for Windows 7 and later. A Free build ...

Snapchat used the Oscars to launch its web player — finally a way to share Snaps on desktop
... move from Snapchat to make content on the app more shareable. Until now, the only way to share a Snap (or a Snap from a Live Story) on desktop ...

This Russian all-in-one desktop is just quirky enough to attract attention
... left over from 1999. The latest entrant seems more promising but is still one to file under "curiosity." It's a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop ...

Opera's desktop web browser gets built-in ad blocking
If you use a major desktop web browser, you usually have to hunt down an ad blocking add-on if you're determined to purge intrusive promos from ...

Computer Sales Continue to Evolve Away From Desktop PCs, Says Report
As desktop PC sales continue to fade, steady sales of laptops and portables appear to debunk the idea that PCs are dead, the report finds.

AMD, Razer want to standardize external GPUs, bring desktop gaming to ultrabooks
For years, various laptop manufacturers and OEMs have tried to push external graphics chassis into the mainstream, with little success. It looks ...

AMD Enhances Its Desktop Processor Lineup, Which Could Help Increase Its Market Share
Earlier this week, AMD expanded its desktop processor lineup with new processors that deliver superior performance, features, and near-silent ...

Issue references and @mentions for GitHub Desktop
GitHub Desktop on both Windows and Mac now provides suggestions when mentioning team members, referencing Issues, and adding more to your commit ...

There's A Great New Google Music Desktop Player For Mac
There's good news for fans of Google Play Music, the search giant's answer to iTunes and Spotify. An updated version of Google Play Music Desktop ...