HP versus Canon Printer

Please help me with the following problem.  I had made up my mind to
buy a Canon I550 or i560 printer instead of an HP printer because I
was told by computer sales people as well as in their ads that the
Canon i550 or 560 used less ink due to having seperate ink cartridges
for each color of ink.  Today, however, one of the owners of a local
Apple store, who has been in business for a long time, and who was
trying to sell me an HP printer said that what I saved on a Canon for
ink would be more than made up by not having to replace the printer
head after every 5 or 6 cartridges of colored ink used in the Canon.
Please advise!  Thanks, Dana
0
dppe1 (1)

Dana wrote:

> Please help me with the following problem.  I had made up my mind to
> buy a Canon I550 or i560 printer instead of an HP printer because I
> was told by computer sales people as well as in their ads that the
> Canon i550 or 560 used less ink due to having seperate ink cartridges
> for each color of ink.  Today, however, one of the owners of a local
> Apple store, who has been in business for a long time, and who was
> trying to sell me an HP printer said that what I saved on a Canon for
> ink would be more than made up by not having to replace the printer
> head after every 5 or 6 cartridges of colored ink used in the Canon.
> Please advise!  Thanks, Dana
Hi,
There is basic design differences. HP head is in cartridge. Whenever you
replace cartridge you get new head. Other design, head is separate
from cartridge. Head is part of printer.
I know Canon uses less ink but you can consider this difference.
Tony
0
dragon40 (116)

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.
I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick Google search to fix the problem but that did not help me. I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, I decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com). Reasons I chose them over the others: 1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request. 2) Their prices were extr...

HP Paper with Canon Printer?
Hello, I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:mZqSh.669$ok6.630@trnddc07... > Hello, > > I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet > printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to > use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. > > Ta...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

hp versus canon aio laser
Hi all Looking to purchase either the HP 2840 or the Canon Imageclas MF8170c. Have read intensively on both and just want some objectiv opinions if anyone can help. Thanks In message <heBfg.116629$sY5.5142@fe10.news.easynews.com>, satutoring <no@spam.invalid> writes >Hi all, >Looking to purchase either the HP 2840 or the Canon Imageclass >MF8170c. Have read intensively on both and just want some objective >opinions if anyone can help. Thanks! Have you considered the offerings from Epson, Xerox and OKI? -- Timothy They are pretty much the sam...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP everyday photo paper with canon printers
Are the HP glossy papers compatible with canon printers? I bought 15 sheets of glossy premium and 100 sheets of everyday photo paper but with epson printers are a disaster.The ink doesn't dry on the paper properly. I have an old epson 750 and want to change it with a canon 560 or 865.These printers can print on HP paper? Has anybody tried it? Any feedback is welcome !!! Thanks a lot Thank you very much for the reply. Did you ever tried this particular paper(everyday)? My only worry about the new canon printers(860 960 etc) is the printhead.Is it true that they last like epson? Thank's again "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message news:xXxmc.210648$rM4.8874559@news4.tin.it... > Are the HP glossy papers compatible with canon printers? > I bought 15 sheets of glossy premium and 100 sheets of everyday photo paper > but with epson printers are a disaster.The ink doesn't dry on the paper > properly. > I have an old epson 750 and want to change it with a canon 560 or 865.These > printers can print on HP paper? > Has anybody tried it? > > Any feedback is welcome !!! > > Thanks a lot > > ...

Xerox Phaser 8560n versus HP cp3525n Printers
Hi: I've believe I've narrowed down my choices to the Xerox Phaser 8560n versus HP CP3525n color laser. Both are rated at 30 Pages per Minute (PPM) Black and 30 PPM Color. Both can be hooked up by either USB 2.0 or direct Network. They cost is about the same at $600 to $650. I will primarily use this to run about 30 -- 100+- page real estate reports per month with many color graphs and charts and about a dozen embedded 4 x 6 inch full color photos of buildings per report. I'll also use it for general office stuff such as creating about 100 (one and twelve p...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have > successfully make the connection, please help!!! > > > > Ching-yeh Tzseng Is the printer port (printer properties, ports tab) set to the server? Can you see the server on the network? Q ...

I'm using Canon in a HP printer (PSC 1510)
I bought an inexpensive all-in-one HP PSC 1510 printer (about 99 euros). The ink cart is real small. The magenta-cyan-yellow cart has only 5 ml. The carts run out real fast using full A4 page borderless prints. To my real disappointment new oem carts cost 24 euros (that's about 20 USD). AND there are no non-oem carts afaik. Since the cart has it's own printhead in true "happy-go-lucky" frame of mind I filled the CMY cart with Canon comaptible non-oem el cheapo chinese ip4000 inks I buy by the liter. After printing some 30-40 full page borderless A4 prints it's ...

HP printer with Wi-Fi -- can it direct connect to laptop PC?
Just bought an HP J4680 all-in-one printer that has networking capability, including Wi-Fi wireless. Is it possible to set it up so a laptop can print directly (wirelessly) to the printer without a router/gateway device? Or does the printer have to be connected to a router? If so, can the router/printer connection be wireless, or does it have to be hard wired via ethernet cable? Bud H On Nov 1, 7:46=A0am, Bud H <budh9...@gmail.com> wrote: > Just bought an HP J4680 all-in-one printer that has networking > capability, including Wi-Fi wireless. > > Is it possible to set it up so a laptop can print directly > (wirelessly) to the printer without a router/gateway device? > > Or does the printer have to be connected to a router? =A0If so, can the > router/printer connection be wireless, or does it have to be hard > wired via ethernet cable? > > Bud H Here you go. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=3Dc01312743&lc=3Den&dlc= =3Den&cc=3Dus&lang=3Den&rule=3D37829&product=3D3635378 ...

Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection
Hi, I need a replacement multifunction inkjet printer (print/scan but fax isn't necessary). I've owned two HP multifunction printers, most recently HP 2351, but both of them developed paper feed problems. After spending a couple of hours trying to fix it, including browsing the HP website, I decided to cut my losses and get a new printer. I mainly print text and only occasionally use color and infrequently print photos and scan infrequently but need good results when I use it. Can I refill the inkjet cartridges on the HP C5180 and the Canon Pixma MP530? If so, wh...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the p...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the page-at-a-time mechanism used to print. Does anyone know of other compatible Postscript/CAD/Canon/Epson/Techjet/HP/Other drivers that work with the Techjet 5336 PS that might work with the printer, under linux, win2k, or winxp. Does anyone know whether or not other manufacturers used a compatible print-engine? Can anyone tell me the difference between the Techjet 5336, 5436, 5636 print engines? Does anyone know where I can find line-at-a-time drivers that might work with the Techject 5336? Is there a way to con vine one of the previously mentioned page-at-a-time drivers to print to the Techjet 5336 one line-at-a-time? Does anyone know where I can find a relatively new compatible ROM for the Techjet 5336? The documentation says that the Techjet 5336 can accept upto 64 MB of memory. In my experience the documented memory limit may be exceeded, is that the case for the Techjet 5336...

[...]

Printer versus Indesign printer settings
In Indesign, how can I make sure I haven't activated both my application and my Epson 2200 inkjet printer's printing settings in the File > Print window? I read that having both active can screw up the colors of printed images and give them a red cast, and my images _are_ printing too red. Robert ...

Help needed with Techjet, Canon, HP, Heidi Wide-Format-Printer, Plotter #2 1280702
Please help me with the following problems. I recently received a TechJet 5336 PS w/ postscript option. I am making the Techjet available to our local Resident/Community Association to print posters 11x17 - 36x48 which are placed at various locations in the community, in relation to various events. I've been experimenting with various drivers and found that the Canon W3050 - W9000, HP GL/2, HP 750C/PS all work with to some degree with the Techjet 5336 under win2000 and/or Linux and/or OSX. However, I noticed that it takes a very long time to print. This appears to be related to the p...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Web resources about - HP versus Canon Printer - comp.sys.laptops

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Recycled printer toner to be used in new road surface in Canberra
Recycled printer toner powder will be trialled in a new asphalt mix designed to reduce the ACT's carbon footprint.

You can trick a smartphone fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with a printer
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...

3D printer helps Chihuahua without front legs get around
Leo, a Chihuahua from California, may have been born without his front legs; but thanks to a prosthetic, that isn't slowing him down

Your 3D printer is telling people what it's making
The sounds of a 3D printer at work can be reverse engineered to reconstruct the original 3D model. It sounds cool, but there could be big implications ...