IBM Laptop

I have an IBM R32 laptop and I think it may have experienced a power
surge. Anyway when I put the battery in all it does is continously
click (no lights no nothing just a click. When I pull the battery out
and try and use the power adapter I get nothing. My question is
threefold.
1) Any ideas what that click/spinning could be?
2) If I did experience a powersurge what part(s) would I most likely
need to replace?
3) If I replace the system board would the fix the problem and are
there any tests that I would be able to run to see what the problem
might be? Electrical tests or any other tests.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ryan
0
vano76 (1)

Laptop power on Delta Flight
Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx <netkid12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162851896.492010.281670@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out > which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will > be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats > do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which > adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am > looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should > get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the > 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx If the adapter fits then it wouldn't matter. Watts is the result of the voltage available and the current that your laptop draws. The power rating is a max, not necessarily what it will draw. You will only draw the power that you need. So ge...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

What is exactly refurbished laptop compare to regular dell/IBM laptop?
What is refurbished laptop exacrly?. Howcom it is cheap compare to thers?. I am looking for cheap laptop, which is good one?. Also I need the some standard configuration?. I need it for power point and web use for internet/e-mail. Thanks in advance. Santa wrote: > What is refurbished laptop exacrly?. Howcom it is cheap compare to > thers?. I am looking for cheap laptop, which is good one?. Also I > need the some standard configuration?. I need it for power point and > web use for internet/e-mail. Thanks in advance. Refurbished can mean several things: the notebook was simply returned, it was returned with a failed component, it was returned with a visual defect. In any event, the notebook is fixed if necessary and placed back in stock as refurbished - it performs as if new. In many countries, consumer goods returned to the vendor cannot be sold as "new" even if there are no defects since vendors have been known to claim that repaired goods were new. Many people purchase nothing but refurbished goods, figuring that if the goods are going to fail, they will fail within the return period - typical of electronic devices like computers. The goods are heavily discounted since they cannot be sold as "new" and people normally want "new" rather than "as good as new". Q What he (quaoar@tenthplanet.net) said -- but note that the warranty on a refurb. may be shorter than on a new one. MB On 11/08/04 02:19 pm S...

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

laptop bag and laptop mouse
i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. -- Ian Lincoln Independent I.T Consultant Deathwalker <ian-lincoln@blueyonder.co.ukspam> wrote: > i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a > back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also > looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have > retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. On the mouse front, I'm very happy with my new laptop mouse. http://www.euyer.com/ If you can use a PS/2 mouse, then I'd recommend the "harry potter" mouse. 3 pounds 99p, small, though not uncumfortably so, works on almost any surface I've tried it on, 2 buttons and a wheel. The cord has a little bit of velcro that you can use to store the cable neatly. It does have the "Harry Potter" logo on the front that glows when moved, but otherwise is almost ideal. What size of laptop? I've found that an old dremel-multi-tool case fits my laptop perfectly, and lets me carry around plenty of spare batteries in a hard case small enough to go in other bags. (Toshiba 3110CT, a bit shorter than A4, and 1" thick) Ho...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

laptop
hi I would like to get a new laptop to run solidworks. I am looking for 15.4" screen, under 8 lbs and of course under $2500. recomendations? anyone running without an approved video card with good results? I also would like to know which lcd to go with? wuxga? wsxga? wxga? right now carrying around 17" alienware to customers, too heavy, too short battery life, too expensive. thanks greif Reply Sorry it didn't work out for you. Would you like to offload the Alienware cheap? I've got it's cousin the Hypersonic, and it's not light, but it blows the doors ...

laptop
HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but also gift to your loved one so please visit our site http://mwi-laptop.blogspot.com/ ...

laptop
HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but also gift to your loved one so please visit our site http://mwi-laptop.blogspot.com/ >>>>> waheed iqbal <whd373@gmail.com> (wi) wrote: >wi> HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but >wi> also gift to your loved one so please visit our site I have no personnel. -- Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl> URL: http://pietvanoostrum.com [PGP 8DAE142BE17999C4] Private email: piet@vanoostrum.org ...

Laptop
I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me on hols. I don't want VRPC. Dave. -- D On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:51:24 +0100 Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be > installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me > on hols. I don't want VRPC. Sure. Just find somebody willing to sell your 20 laptop cases for each of the RISC OS people left who'd buy a native lap...

Laptop
Hellow, I use matlab for intense data processing, large amounts of data, for example it can take me up to 1hr the smallest data set I process. My desktop is a Pentium4,1Gb PC3200. I'm shopping for a laptop what laptops do you guys recommend. I am personally insterested in Lenovo. Thanks ...

Laptop
ntpd seems to require a constant internet connection (although as far as I can see this is never explicitly stated). But what about a computer, which is only occasionally (on average once a day) connected to the internet, and for a few minutes (5 minutes on average)? Can ntpd be used in this case? If yes, what paramters have to be set in ntp.conf? If no, are there any programs available to handle this? In case it is relevant, here some more details: iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.5 ntpd -f /var/run/ntp.drift -p /var/run/ntpd.pid /etc/ntp.conf = "server time.asia.apple.com minpol...

laptop
hello dear friends and computer lovers, can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:50:05 +0100, "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello dear friends and computer lovers, >can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios >from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? >manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) > Try here. They have a lot of information. some may be applicable to your problem. http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password.html Charlie Hoffpauir [STOP THE GRAND PARKWAY] http://members.manvel.net/charlieh/ Remove Battery and remove cmos battery too. Leave it for couple hrs. It should boot with default setup. sam "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bp82g9$l2v$3@reader11.wxs.nl... > hello dear friends and computer lovers, > can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios > from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? > manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) > > news.wxs.nl wrote: > hello dear friends and computer lovers, > can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios > from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? > manny greetings for your trouble to help me...

Power supply New laptop batteries,laptop charger(AC/DC Adapter) for HP, Compaq, Sony, Dell, Acer, IBM, Toshiba on sale.
Buy Discount New laptop batteries? We offer you high quality, high capacity spare laptop battery(backup) and universal Laptop battery, replacement Laptop (Notebook) Batteries, laptop battery conditioner,Power supply Auto air AC/DC Adapters (Charger) and universal adapter plug. info detail : http://www.buy-laptop-battery.org ...

FS: LAPTOP CAR & AIR POWER ADAPTER DC-DC car 12->16VDC $2 WORKS w/ANY LAPTOP (16VDC, 60W, this plug); part# SYD1109-6016 (thirdparty, not IBM).
Posted on Ebay, item# 330332840727 Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330332840727 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Reply either here or via Ebay; but note: I can only take Ebay listing off to sell privately if there're NO bids currently & if Ebay permits. If you're one of those who still have no idea of Ebay, we can simply wait until listing expires (a few days) so I will sell thru Craigslist. PLEASE - read description on Ebay, do NOT need an account to read postings there (just enter item# in search window) Here'is a rough copy of it, but it's best to see Ebay ad. Car & Air Adapter for IBM/Lenovo (Thinkpads); or ANY 16Volt (upto 60Watt power out) powered laptops using a similar DC plug end connecting to laptop. The other end plugs into standard 12Volt car outlets + Airplane adapter is also included (shown on other photos, as explained below). NEW (never used) but I've misplaced original box (carton), been stored in my garage. Reason to sell: I switched to HP laptops shortly afterwards, and my large CAD/Engineering workstation-type of laptops use a different voltage & plug. Whether your laptop accepts 16Volt & what power/current is upto you to check - you may simply look at your current AC adapter's labeling and if it's a similar voltage, and equal or LESS power output, then this adapter will also fit. Note: you cannot damage modern laptops with ...

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

question about Dell laptops- laptops in general?
Hi, I dont have a laptop but I have a friend who is selling their used laptop. My question is this they have the Lattitude C640, C610 or the C810 that I can choose from. Do all these laptops come with an ethernet connection? I would like to be able to run this laptop on a cable modem... What should I be looking for in the specs? just an ethernet? What about if I wanted to go wireless? if it doesnt have a wireless card, could one just add one to the laptop? how much does this usually cost? Also, if it had a lousy hard drive capacity- how much does it cost to add an larger harddrive? so essentially to sum it up, I am looking to go highspeed, with the option to go wireless, will these laptops work for that- what is needed? Thank you KOS KOS wrote: > Hi, I dont have a laptop but I have a friend who is selling their used > laptop. > > My question is this they have the Lattitude C640, C610 or the C810 > that I can choose from. Do all these laptops come with an ethernet > connection? I would like to be able to run this laptop on a cable > modem... What should I be looking for in the specs? just an ethernet? > > What about if I wanted to go wireless? if it doesnt have a wireless > card, could one just add one to the laptop? how much does this usually > cost? > > Also, if it had a lousy hard drive capacity- how much does it cost to > add an larger harddrive? > > so essentially to sum it up, I am looking to go highspeed, with t...

Web resources about - IBM Laptop - comp.sys.laptops

Laptop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks . Laptops are commonly used in a variety of settings, including work, education, ...

The Pulse of Mobile Tech - Technology News and Views from LAPTOP Magazine
Remember in high school when you were assigned a sack of flour and you had to treat it as your baby for a week? This social project has just ...

Facebook Donating 50 Laptops to Nearby High School, Conducting Class on App Creation
Sequoia High School in Redwood City , Calif., is reaping the benefits of being located near Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park . (more…) ...

Laptop Screen
We provide Laptop Screen,HP Laptop screen,Dell laptop screen,Acer laptop screen to the world. - http://www.usa-laptop-screen.com/ . Do you need ...

Tech News, Reviews, Latest Gadgets & Technology News, Mobile, Tablet, Laptop, Gaming, Tech, Photos, Videos ...
Tech News, Reviews, Latest Gadgets & Technology News including Mobile, Tablet, Laptop, Gaming, Tech, Photos, Videos at NDTVGadgets.com. Get the ...

Toshiba laptops (@toshibalaptops) on Twitter

Abby - Magic Laptop - Farm Animals (Free) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Abby - Magic Laptop - Farm Animals (Free) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Laptop hard drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Laptop hard drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Razer Blade Stealth review: What happens when gamers make a regular laptop?
Without a GPU, it's just a competent Ultrabook with mediocre battery life.

Dell releases new XPS 13 Developer Edition, launches Linux-based Precision laptops worldwide
On the laptop side, Dell may be best known for its Windows devices, but, as some of you may already know, it also offers some killer Linux-based ...