IBM Memory Key ; mounting primary HD in IBM-DOS

Hi folks-

I'm the proud ownter of a new 256 MB IBM USB memory key ( 22P9025 ), and
I'm using on my T30 laptop.

Following the instructions that came with it, I set it up so that it is
bootable as a hard drive recognized by the BIOS.  That worked like a
charm; it boots just fine emulating a HD and comes up with a DOS C:\
prompt.

I added in my usual CD drive enabling stuff (an autoexec.bat file, CD
drivers, etc.) and that also works fine. I can access the CD drive fine.

But, I'm having trouble mounting my primary hard drive partition(s) to
be visible.  I have a large FAT32 partition that I usually access via
Win-98 style DOS (from bootable CD), but this partition doesn't mount
when using the IBM DOS.

Maybe I need to configure something in the memory key Autoexec.bat or
Config.sys to get it to work?

Any help would be appreciated. Probably this is user-error. I'm VERY
rusty on my DOS stuff.

Marc
0
somebody256 (299)

Are you using IBM's PC DOS on the key? Type VER at the command prompt and
see. IBM PC DOS can not and will not see FAT32 partitions. The ONLY versions
of DOS that can see FAT32 partitions are the DOSes that came with Windows 98
and Me. (At least I think I'm remembering this correctly. Someone else will
jump in set me straight if I'm wrong on the details.)

Edward Mendelson

Edward Mendelson wrote:

> Are you using IBM's PC DOS on the key? Type VER at the command prompt and
> see. IBM PC DOS can not and will not see FAT32 partitions. The ONLY versions
> of DOS that can see FAT32 partitions are the DOSes that came with Windows 98
> and Me. (At least I think I'm remembering this correctly. Someone else will
> jump in set me straight if I'm wrong on the details.)
>
> Edward Mendelson

Only MSDOS ver 6.22 and higher reads FAT32...  IBM DOS didnt support FAT32, that
was a BillGatus of Borg thing..

TJ

> "MAG" <Somebody@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks-
> >
> > I'm the proud ownter of a new 256 MB IBM USB memory key ( 22P9025 ), and
> > I'm using on my T30 laptop.
> >
> > Following the instructions that came with it, I set it up so that it is
> > bootable as a hard drive recognized by the BIOS.  That worked like a
> > charm; it boots just fine emulating a HD and comes up with a DOS C:\
> > prompt.
> >
> > I added in my usual CD drive enabling stuff (an autoexec.bat file, CD
> > drivers, etc.) and that also works fine. I can access the CD drive fine.
> >
> > But, I'm having trouble mounting my primary hard drive partition(s) to
> > be visible.  I have a large FAT32 partition that I usually access via
> > Win-98 style DOS (from bootable CD), but this partition doesn't mount
> > when using the IBM DOS.
> >
> > Maybe I need to configure something in the memory key Autoexec.bat or
> > Config.sys to get it to work?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Probably this is user-error. I'm VERY
> > rusty on my DOS stuff.
> >
> > Marc

Pilots track their lives by the number of hours in the air,
as if any other time isn't worth noting....
						Michael Rarfit
0
1941 (3)
4/3/2004 1:52:18 AM
In article <406E18CE.46D0136F@cableaz.com>,
Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC <skygodtj, at, cableaz, dot, com> wrote:
>Edward Mendelson wrote:
>>
>> Are you using IBM's PC DOS on the key? Type VER at the command prompt and
>> see. IBM PC DOS can not and will not see FAT32 partitions. The ONLY versions
>> of DOS that can see FAT32 partitions are the DOSes that came with Windows 98
>> and Me. (At least I think I'm remembering this correctly. Someone else will
>> jump in set me straight if I'm wrong on the details.)
>>
>> Edward Mendelson
>
>Only MSDOS ver 6.22 and higher reads FAT32...  IBM DOS didnt support FAT32, that
>was a BillGatus of Borg thing..

There is **NO** version of MSDOS released as a standalone product that
reads FAT32. Only the MSDOS kernels included with Win95b and above (V7)
can read FAT32, and they were never packaged as separate DOS operating
systems.

0
retsuhcs (143)
4/3/2004 12:51:20 PM
In article <MPG.1ad7803da672f02298979f@news.md.comcast.giganews.com>,
Somebody@somewhere.com says...
> Hi folks-
>
> I'm the proud ownter of a new 256 MB IBM USB memory key ( 22P9025 ), and
> I'm using on my T30 laptop.
>
> Following the instructions that came with it, I set it up so that it is
> bootable as a hard drive recognized by the BIOS.  That worked like a
> charm; it boots just fine emulating a HD and comes up with a DOS C:\
> prompt.
>
> I added in my usual CD drive enabling stuff (an autoexec.bat file, CD
> drivers, etc.) and that also works fine. I can access the CD drive fine.
>
> But, I'm having trouble mounting my primary hard drive partition(s) to
> be visible.  I have a large FAT32 partition that I usually access via
> Win-98 style DOS (from bootable CD), but this partition doesn't mount
> when using the IBM DOS.
>
> Maybe I need to configure something in the memory key Autoexec.bat or
> Config.sys to get it to work?
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Probably this is user-error. I'm VERY
> rusty on my DOS stuff.
>
> Marc

Hi Folks-

Thanks to those who replied. True, it turns out that "IBM-DOS" that
comes with the key and is installed by the boot utility is not based on
the 7.x FAT32-enabled version.

I found a solution, after poking around a bit.  In case anyone ever
googles this question, here's the solution:

1. I booted from my normal backup utility CD (based on a Win-98 DOS boot
disk), from bootdisk.com.  This disk contains the typical Format, Sys,
etc. utilities.

2. Critical note: during the boot process, I had to go into the BIOS and
set the order as follows:
-CD ROM (of course, or else it won't boot from the CD)
-In Hard Drives, set the USB MEMORY KEY BEFORE THE MAIN HARD DRIVE!!!

If I did not set the memory key before the real HD, after the CD boot
was done, the FAT32 partition on the HD would be mounted as C: and there
would be no mounted partition representing the memory key at all.

Having made the change in sequence, with the USB memory key before the
primary HD in the boot sequence list, after the CD boots the memory key
was assigned as the C: drive and the FAT32 partition on the real hard
drive came up as D:.

3. Now that the memory key was visible to DOS 7.x, I ran the following
commands on it:
Format C:
Sys C:

This made it a "DOS-bootable hard disk" as far as the T30 was concerned.

Then I copied all my usual boot disk files like CD drivers,
autoexec.bat, and so forth over.

Rebooting from the memory key, I've got access to FAT32 partitions on
the hard drive, access to my CD ROM, and Partition Magic and Drive Image
2002 work fine in this environment.  Yea!

The only thing I don't understand is why, when booting from CD
originally, I had to change the boot sequence such that the memory key
was placed before the main HD. This seems very weird. I would have
expected the FAT32 partition to come up as C: and the memory key as D:
without this step, but no dice, apparently.

Anyway, I wanted to document this solution in case anyone else ever
needs it.

Marc
0
somebody256 (299)

IBM memory key
I have an IBM 128MB 2.0 Memory Key (option: 22P8998, FRU: 22P8999) and it does not show up as a drive when I plug it into the USB port on my iBook G4. I looked on the IBM web site, then called them and they said that they don't provide driver support for OS X. If I look in the System Profiler, the memory key does show up under Hardware/USB, and even ID's it as an IBM USB Memory Key. Every other memory key that I've used in my iBook works fine except this IBM key. I imagine that there is a generic driver for all USB memory keys built in (or included with) OS X. Why does my device not work and/or how can I get it to work? Thanks, Mark Thornton >Why does my device not work and/or how can I get it to work? USB has a mass storage profile that should not require vendor "drivers". This post: http://www.nariten.com/usbsig2bbs/wforum.cgi?no=690&reno=no&oya=690&mode=msgview&page=0 (in Japanese) says he it wouldn't mount but after checking other memory cards the memory key would mount after 30 seconds. On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:33:36 UTC, linziyou@gmail.com wrote: -> I have an IBM 128MB 2.0 Memory Key (option: 22P8998, FRU: 22P8999) and -> it does not show up as a drive when I plug it into the USB port on my -> iBook G4. I looked on the IBM web site, then called them and they said -> that they don't provide driver support for OS X. IBM is just showing its ignorance of anything that isn't windoze. If its Mass St...

Options by IBM: IBM ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrades
Announcement Number: 195-075 Hardware Requirements: The 4BM 70ns ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrade (#1500, 75G6500) is supported on the following IBM platforms: Machine Description Type Model PS/2 8525 K00, K01, L02 8535 040, 043, 050, 055, 14X, 24X 8540 040, 043, 045 8556 043, 045, 055, 059, 14X, 15X, 24X, 25X Machine Description Type Model 8557 045, 049, 055, 059, 05F, 259 8590(1) 0J5, 0J9, 0JD, 0JF, 0K9, 0KD, 0KF, 0GF, 0G5, 0G9, 0HF, 0H5, 0H9, 0L9, 0LF 8595(1) 0J9, 0JD, 0JF, 0KD, 0KF, 0G5, 0G9, 0GF, 0H5, 0H9, 0HF, 0L9, 0LF, 0X6, 0XA, 0XF, 0XG 9553 0B7, 0BB, 1BX, 2BX 9556 DBA, DB6, DEB, DED, DE9, KBA, KB6, QBA, QB6, 0BA, 0B6, 1EX, 2EX 9557 DBA, DBG, DB6, DEB, DED, DEG, DE9, KBA, KBG, KB6, QBA, QB6, 0BA, 0B6, 1BA, 2BA, 6EB, 6EG, 7EB, 7EG 9576 DUA,DU6, KUA, KU6, QUA, QU6, 0UA, 0U6 9577 DNA, DNG, DUA, DUG, KNA, KNG, KUA, KUG QBA, QB6, QNA, QUA, 0NA, 0NF, 0UA, 0UF, 1NA, 1UA, 9585(1) 0X6, 0XA, 0XF, 0XG, 0KG, 0KT, 0NG, 0NT 9590(1) DLA, 0LA, QLA, KLA, 0LF, DLG, KLG 9595(1) 0LF, 0LG PC Server 8640(1) 0N0, 0NJ, 0P0, 0PT, 0Y0, 0YT, 1Y0, 1YT (1) These systems must be upgraded with sets of two 75G6500 upgrades. Limitations * Parity memory cannot coexist with the 4MB 70ns ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrade in the same system. * 8590, 8595, 9590, and 9595 models with native ECC (models xMx, * 1Nx, xPx, xQx, xTx, xVx) are not supported. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Ibm 365XD Laptop Memory
I have an IBM 365XD laptop that has given good service, while going round the world at least 3 times. Now it has developed a problem in the ram. The self test mechanism on startup, shows a fault in the memory, and sometimes not, when it will then load the OS Okay. It may only be the memory chip needing pulling out and replacing, with all the damp and vibration this kit has experienced. However, I can't locate the memory chips. It states there is 40MB of ram on board, but I can't find it even to replace it. IBM are totally unhelpful with respect to info, even though they no longer support this model.(A good reson to think twice about going in that direction again). Can anyone help? Even if I replace the laptop, I still need to access and transfer my data first. Mike P Hi Mike, > I have an IBM 365XD laptop that has given good service, while going > round the world at least 3 times. Now it has developed a problem in > the ram. The self test mechanism on startup, shows a fault in the > memory, and sometimes not, when it will then load the OS Okay. It may > only be the memory chip needing pulling out and replacing, with all > the damp and vibration this kit has experienced. However, I can't > locate the memory chips. It states there is 40MB of ram on board, but > I can't find it even to replace it. IBM are totally unhelpful with > respect to info, even though they no longer support this model.(A good > reson...

Adding memory to IBM A20M Laptop
I have an IBM A20M laptop that is theoretically capable of using 512MB. I have he correct 256MB chips, but when I put them both in the computer it won't boot, presumably because there is a conflict with the 64MB onboard memory. The laptop boots fine when I put in only one 256MB memory card, (system resources are reported at 320 MB) Is there a way to disable the onboard 64MB so I can put the other 256MB chip in? Thanks Have you tried looking in your bios setup? Regards, Jeff "Chuck Daniels" <nyresource@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64906530.0408160218.3e52bca6@post...

IBM T42p laptop memory
Hi, I have a IBM T42p and am looking for a 512MB stick. All I can find in my manual is that I need an SO-DIMM, but I'm not sure what speed/pins I need. I looked on crucial.com and all I can find is that they have memory for a T42 (type 2378) whereas I have a T42p (type 2374). The online support said that the former would work. But does anybody who has a T42p know what memory I need and where I can get it from? Thanks for any pointers, Rajarshi "Rajarshi Guha" <rajarshi@presidency.com> wrote in message news:pan.2004.11.11.19.16.47.395784@presidency.com... > Hi, I have a IBM T42p and am looking for a 512MB stick. All I can find in > my manual is that I need an SO-DIMM, but I'm not sure what speed/pins I > need. I looked on crucial.com and all I can find is that they have memory > for a T42 (type 2378) whereas I have a T42p (type 2374). The online > support said that the former would work. > > But does anybody who has a T42p know what memory I need and where I can > get it from? > > Thanks for any pointers, > Rajarshi http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=IBM%2BThinkPad&mfr=IBM&cat=&model=ThinkPad+T42+Series+%28Type+2378%29&submit=Go http://tinyurl.com/3lqzm -- D I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP. I was just trying to help. Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or advice herein. No warranty is expressed or implied. Your mileage may var...

Auc-tion: VINTAGE IBM MACHINE SECURITY KEY-WITH IBM LOGO-NR-#2
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120082641445 End time: Feb-09-07 15:20:10 PST Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Mass., United States BID and BIN $8,95 for a key?! No affiliation -- Jelte The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120082641445 Doesn't look to be for the PS/2 line, at least not any machine I'm familiar with. I have keys for Models 50, 55, 56, 57 and 65 at the very least. I also have the keys for one of my NCR 3350 machines. The 57/77 key would be the closest to what's up for sale: http://www.walshcomptech.com/ps2/mod57slc2.htm William Hi William, <wm_walsh@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1170796710.539348.126950@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120082641445 > > Doesn't look to be for the PS/2 line, at least not any machine I'm Looks like the keys in the sidepanel of old mainframe terminals (on/off switch). > familiar with. I have keys for Models 50, 55, 56, 57 and 65 at the > very least. I also have the keys for one of my NCR 3350 machines. But I bet you didn't pay $8,95 for all those keys combined :-) > > The 57/77 key would be the closest to what's up for sale: ...

Auction: 640K RAM CARD Memory expansion for IBM PC , IBM PC/XT
>http://cgi.ebay.com/640K-RAM-CARD-Memory-expansion-for-IBM-PC-IBM-PC-XT_W0QQitemZ8764134178QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-16-06 15:46:57 PST 3 available ...

How do you install a memory stick in an IBM Thinkpad R40 Laptop?
How do you install a memory stick in an IBM Thinkpad R40 Laptop? How do you open up the case, assuming this must be done, where does the stick go, is there anything special about how it is installed as compared to a desktop or tower machine, any special things to be aware of or precautions to take? Whereas On 3 Oct 2003 07:27:46 -0700, geercon@alltel.net (David) scribbled: , I thus relpy: >How do you install a memory stick in an IBM Thinkpad R40 Laptop? > >How do you open up the case, assuming this must be done, where does >the stick go, is there anything special about how it is installed as >compared to a desktop or tower machine, any special things to be aware >of or precautions to take? If it is made to be installed in your specific model of computer, there should be instructions. -- Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat "David" <geercon@alltel.net> wrote in message news:d17560d2.0310030627.5d887c6f@posting.google.com... > How do you install a memory stick in an IBM Thinkpad R40 Laptop? > > How do you open up the case, assuming this must be done, where does > the stick go, is there anything special about how it is installed as > compared to a desktop or tower machine, any special things to be aware > of or precautions to take? A visit to IBM may turn up a movie to watch showing you exactly how to do it. Al... Here's the movie! http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=M...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

IBM Laptop
I have an IBM R32 laptop and I think it may have experienced a power surge. Anyway when I put the battery in all it does is continously click (no lights no nothing just a click. When I pull the battery out and try and use the power adapter I get nothing. My question is threefold. 1) Any ideas what that click/spinning could be? 2) If I did experience a powersurge what part(s) would I most likely need to replace? 3) If I replace the system board would the fix the problem and are there any tests that I would be able to run to see what the problem might be? Electrical tests or any other tests. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Ryan ...

I found a good site of IBM thinkpad batteries.Just look it, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk
Hi,everyone, I bought a battery of ibm thindpad r31 from a online store, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk .It is a preffesional online store for ibm thinkpad.All of the batteries not only have cheap price and excellent quality,but also have 1 year warranty and quickly deliver.f you are looking for replacement IBM laptop batteries,such as IBM laptop battery thinkpad 600,IBM thinkpad 600e,IBM R31,IBM R32,IBM T20,IBM T22,IBM T23,IBM R40 and so on,please go there,they are your resonable choice. Best regards, Roy ...

Out of memory with IBM's JDK Process implementation (possible DoS)
Hi, The problem I'm describing is concerned with forking child process from the JVM and out-of-memory due to communication with it. The problem is concerned with IBM's JVM Process class implementation. >From the tests performed it seems the Process class consumes the data written on the child's stdout even we don't do it explicitly, i.e. Process.getInputStream().read(). In this case the data is buffered in vector with byte array reference elements. It also seems that there's no limit for the number of elements in the vector, because the child writes till JVM ...

Win2k Ghost/Clone Laptop HD
I have a thinkpad T23 w/ a 20gig HD. I have hooked up a new 80gig Hitachi HD via USB to the thinkpad. I have used Symantec/Norton Ghost 2003 to CLONE the 20gig HD to the 80gig HD. When the clone process is completed, I can browse the USB 80 gig and see all my files are there! When I replace the 20gig with the 80gig the system fails to boot (no error message - just hangs w/ a flashing cursor - somewhere after the initial post). The 80gig HD is compatible w/ the T23 (latest bios revision). I have even installed a clean win2k from my original T23 cd's on the HD and it boots w/o any problem! But I don't want to strart from scratch! I really want to clone my old HD to the new one! I have tried running Partition Magic 8.0 on the ghosted 80gig and it does fix the partition size -- but still same boot problem. I have tried using the Win2k recovery console to fixboot and fixmbr (not sure if that is correct file names) --- but while they always say "fixed ok" the system still fails to boot! The only altrernative I have not yet tried is installing win2k over the ghost image..... I wanted to try using Drive Image 2002 as an alternative, but Powerquest's Drive Image 2002 doesn't support HD's hooked up via usb! I guess I could use something like "DUSE.EXE" from bootdisk.com (dos usb drivers...) but how would I then execute the diskcopy??? I am at the end of the line :-( I looked at the boot ini after cloningw/ Ghost 2002: Here is what ...

IBM
hi, could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for free download. If not what are my options (Indian with regional lingo also good) for free download of the afore via-voice software varios zenacosta@gmail.com wrote: > could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for > free download. Never (to my knowledge) was it legally available for free download. It's currently distributed by Nuance. -- Hubert Cr�py ...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these "gifts," they will become dependent on the corporations. If this hypothetical thought turns out to be true, would this spoil the free software notion of open source and make Linux as proprietary as any other commercial OS? In my hypothetical future of Linux and IBM, would we have IBM sponsered distributions of Linux, for instance? Would IBM be next to try to rule the world with their "IBM Linux" just as MS is trying to rule the desktop with Windows? Think about it. IBM has a lot of money to throw around. They could make "IBM Linux" way more popular than Red Hat with that kind of money. Maybe even make it as popular as Windows?? They'll hold the dough while Linux developers try to get in on a piece of the action. ** DISCALIMER ** This post is neither an attack on Linux, an attack on Windows, a Windows endorsement, nor a Linux endorsement. This po...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business ...

Auction or looting and pillaging? IBM 10G4769 8595/9595 HD MOUNTING TRAY
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G4769-8595-9595-HD-MOUNTING-TRAY_W0QQitemZ5229206647QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< US $69.95 -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Ah yes, good old IT EQUIPMENT EXPRESS....... ......the Rectal Rapers of the Left Coast........ Nothing good comes from California except raisins and wine.......... CT the Pessimist ...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business On Mar 6, 10:46=A0am, ibm.su...@ibm.com wrote: > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=3Dbusiness And this surprises you how? Look, there are a couple of things at play here... First, in S&D, there have been a lot of acquisitions and when you assume a company, you assume their sales force. So you have some overlap. You also have a constant churn in the field reps as you remove weaker workers. Of course the inept management stays put. ;-) I can say more about S&D, but do you really want a lecture on the economies of running an IT Software company? ;-) The point is while I know a lot of people in the S&D ranks who got whacked, I'm not shocked by it. The other cuts? Now that's a different story... With respect to the other RIFs, you have a serious issue where IBM is displacing the work from higher labor cost countries to lower cost workforces. How can you say that there isn't 'job shifting' when you get a person who does job X in the US and is replaced by someone doing job X in another country like India and Brazil? A few years ago, IBM moved a lot of their back office work to Brazil. Very painful in terms of getting things done. Not really noticed by the customer and the S&D team just lumped it and worked around the issues. IBM? They saved money, increasing their profitability at the expense of their ability to...

Laptop power on Delta Flight
Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx <netkid12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162851896.492010.281670@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out > which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will > be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats > do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which > adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am > looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should > get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the > 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx If the adapter fits then it wouldn't matter. Watts is the result of the voltage available and the current that your laptop draws. The power rating is a max, not necessarily what it will draw. You will only draw the power that you need. So ge...

Auction: IBM PS/Note N45sl vintage 386 or 486 dos or os/2 laptop
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160104697397 End time: Apr-15-07 18:58:22 PDT (4 days 5 hours) Ships to: N. and S. America, Europe, Asia, Australia Item location: Binghamton, NY, United States For sale is this IBM PS/Note N45sl vintage laptop. Type/model 2614-065, ........ It is supposedly a 25MHZ machine, but I don't know if it is a 386 or a 486. This machine has 6megs of ram. The hard drive won't initialize (needs replacement) and I tried to boot from the floppy drive without success (maybe a bad drive too). ............ Local pickup is also available when applicable. No affiliation -- Jelte The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

(Repaired) Toshiba Laptop Satellite L670 performing poorly (No HD Speed Information ?!? Weird IBM stuff)
Hallo, A few days ago I was at my mother's place. I noticed her laptop was infuriatingly slow. It was a Toshiba Satellite L670. It used to be fast, I was also under the impression that it was a kinda fast and expensive laptop. One day the harddisk apperently died or crashed, not 100%. My mother brought it to a repair shop. What they did to the machine is unknown. I installed World of Warships on it... It took forever it felt like... many hours. While it was installing this game I observed/monitored the system. I believe the slowness might be caused by other...

i get this on my ibm 600x HIMEM.SYS has deteted unreliable XMS memory at address 005c004 XMS driver not installed.
i get this on my ibm 600x HIMEM.SYS has deteted unreliable XMS memory at address 005c004 XMS driver not installed. so i did this For Windows 98: as soon as you turn on the computer, press and hold the CTRL key until the Windows 98 Startup Menu is displayed. Select Safe Mode - Command Prompt Only either by highlighting that option with your down arrows or by typing in the number of that menu option, and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. At the C:\> prompt, type EDIT AUTOEXEC.BAT [Enter] You should now have a blue screen which you can edit text in. At the very top of the window, add the following line SET DOS16M=2 Press Alt+F to open the File menu. Choose Exit and press the Enter key. When prompted to save changes, use your arrow keys to highlight "Yes" and press Enter. You will now be back at the C:\> prompt. Type EDIT CONFIG.SYS [Enter] In the text editor, find a line which refers to a file called HIMEM.SYS and add /M:1 to the very end of that line. Be sure there is a space following the end of the existing line and the /M:1 If you do not have a HIMEM.SYS line, add the following line: DEVICE=C:\Windows\HIMEM.SYS /M:1 Press Alt+F to open the File menu. Choose Exit and press Enter. When prompted to save changes, answer Yes and press Enter. Reboot the computer. It should now boot normally. Note1 You may need to alter the path if your version of Windows 95 or Windows 98 is not located in the Windows directory. and i get this while initializing device VC...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

Web resources about - IBM Memory Key ; mounting primary HD in IBM-DOS - comp.sys.laptops

Japanese sword mountings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) refers to the ornate mountings of a Japanese sword (e.g. katana ), koshirae are used when the sword blade is being worn by its owner, whereas ...

Mounting bills Project 365(2) Day 142 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
We are starting to see daylight now. Just one room left where we don't think there will be any paperwork - mainly clothes. This pile came out ...

Palestinian teenager shot amid mounting anger over Israeli hunt for missing youths in West Bank - The ...
14-year-old shot dead in clashes near Hebron and two other Palestinians wounded as Israeli troops continue raids to find three missing teenagers. ...

Britain spooked by mounting child abuse cover-up evidence
A toxic mix of misuse of power and official silence has become Britain's shame as the country faces up to a growing web of evidence that the ...

Tensions mounting between firefighters and the Andrews government
An internal fire brigade hearing for a senior firefighter allegedly caught with porn and racist material on his work computer has highlighted ...

Shipwreck timbers add to mounting evidence that explorers visited New Zealand, Australia, much earlier ...
TIMBERS from a shipwreck in New Zealand have been dated to some 70 years before Captain Cook and is just the latest in a string of finds showing ...

Iraq PM under mounting fire
Iraq's PM is facing mounting criticism for his Shia-led govt's failure to do more to woo the Sunni minority

Crystal clear: car wash magnate faces mounting legal problems
ANTHONY SAHADE, the millionaire businessman dubbed Sydney's car wash king, says he is not the type to throw punches. But he now appears to be ...

Iraq PM under mounting fire
Sydney Morning Herald Iraq PM under mounting fire Sydney Morning Herald Iraq's leader is facing mounting criticism for his Shi'ite-led government's ...

Alleged assault in Flemington mounting yard: Spring Carnival turns ugly
The VRC Oaks Day meeting at Flemington was marred by an ugly mounting yard incident when a strapper was allegedly assaulted by a stablehand. ...