IBM T40/T41 difference? And: IBM's dead pixel policy?

Hi,

I'm short before buying a Thinkpad, T40 or T41, my current choices are a
T40 TC122GE and a T41 TC12FGE, so XGA 1.3/1.4 GHz Centrino, 256 MB, 40GB
Harddrive. The T41 is about $200 more expensive but has Gigabit
Ethernet and Bluetooth onboard, is there /anything/ besides the
price that would be a point for the T40? Longer Battery runtime due to 0.1
GHz lower speed? I'll be running Linux on it, so the Hard-Disk-Protection
of the T41 might not work anyway as far as I understand it? Is the T41 the
newer series and will replace the T40 on the long run, or will they
run in paralell? All Chipsets (IDE/PCI/USB/...) should be exactly the
same as far as I understand it so there shouldn't new problems with
Linux for the T41 I hope?

Second question: I could get the T40 directly in many shops, the T41 has
to be ordered. How is IBM's policy on dead/hot pixels in the display,
or isn't that an issue anymore on modern Notebooks? I'd prefer not to have
any, are thet considered a defect for IBM warranty?

Thanx & (:ul8er, r@y
0
ray

> Second question: I could get the T40 directly in many shops, the T41 has
> to be ordered. How is IBM's policy on dead/hot pixels in the display,
> or isn't that an issue anymore on modern Notebooks? I'd prefer not to have
> any, are thet considered a defect for IBM warranty?

I just received a t41p; it has 1 blue pixel stuck on. It's about 10% of the
way down from the top (not a 'central' area) - only noticeable on a totally
black startup screen, and not at all noticeable during normal usage.  I'm
not concerned about it.

I have not seen their stuck pixel policy, but you can return it within 30
days no questions asked if you buy it online (as I did).  Make sure you use
the EPP program for a great discount if you do buy direct.

So far I am very satisfied with the machine.  It is very quiet, long battery
life, has a crisp display and feels rock solid (it had better for the money!
:-D )

Sorry; don't know your other question!

0
sirsausage (71)
12/7/2003 9:57:12 PM
Hi Florian,

I think I am right in thinking that the T40 and T41 are very similar
machines - but I can't say that I've actually been able to compare the two
(I have the T40).  I would guess that the shell and most of the components
would be identical.  Then there's the hard-drive protection which doesn't
come with the T40, Gigabit ethernet, as you mentioned.  However, you would
have thought that they would have tweaked the computer in other ways - Like
it comes with rapid restore ultra, - and little changes like that might make
it a better machine.  On the other hand, I doubt it's changed very much,
because the T40 is such a great machine anyway!

IBM's policy on the pixels are a certain limit depending on the number of
pixels on the screen - I think it is several for the 1400 screen, and just a
few for the 1024 screen, for which you can send it back.  However, I would
have thought you could send it back straight away if you're not happy with
the laptop even if they're no pixels...

Can't anwser your questions on Linux - sorry.

But I can say that the T40 is a gorgeous machine and I think my one is
great!

Duncan.

"Florian Kirstein" <ray@200309.usenet.ray.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm short before buying a Thinkpad, T40 or T41, my current choices are a
> T40 TC122GE and a T41 TC12FGE, so XGA 1.3/1.4 GHz Centrino, 256 MB, 40GB
> Harddrive. The T41 is about $200 more expensive but has Gigabit
> Ethernet and Bluetooth onboard, is there /anything/ besides the
> price that would be a point for the T40? Longer Battery runtime due to 0.1
> GHz lower speed? I'll be running Linux on it, so the Hard-Disk-Protection
> of the T41 might not work anyway as far as I understand it? Is the T41 the
> newer series and will replace the T40 on the long run, or will they
> run in paralell? All Chipsets (IDE/PCI/USB/...) should be exactly the
> same as far as I understand it so there shouldn't new problems with
> Linux for the T41 I hope?
>
> Second question: I could get the T40 directly in many shops, the T41 has
> to be ordered. How is IBM's policy on dead/hot pixels in the display,
> or isn't that an issue anymore on modern Notebooks? I'd prefer not to have
> any, are thet considered a defect for IBM warranty?
>
> Thanx & (:ul8er, r@y

0
dm319 (146)
12/8/2003 12:45:22 AM
Hello Florian;

Pixel policy on 14.1" screen is 9 pixels in combination on,off, etc, I
just found it on their site.  That seems  high and would certainly be
noticable.  IBM  must be using seconds on the displays, as our Sonys
have no bad pixels, even the cheapest  models.  I have a T41 on order
and am now worried.   Anyone else get stuck pixels?   I read here you
have 30 days to return the thing no questions asked, is that correct?

Looking at the software download section it appears that mostly the
T41 uses same software that T40 uses except for the different features
not on the T40.  In the T41/p column of the listings is a left
pointing arrow pointing to the T40 drivers.  You can visit their
Support-Downloads section and get a lot of information to help you
make your decision.   It appears a lot of the drivers have been
updated within the last 3 weeks to accomodate the T41/p.

Jim

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:35:32 GMT, ray@200309.usenet.ray.net (Florian
Kirstein) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm short before buying a Thinkpad, T40 or T41, my current choices are a
>T40 TC122GE and a T41 TC12FGE, so XGA 1.3/1.4 GHz Centrino, 256 MB, 40GB
>Harddrive. The T41 is about $200 more expensive but has Gigabit
>Ethernet and Bluetooth onboard, is there /anything/ besides the
>price that would be a point for the T40? Longer Battery runtime due to 0.1
>GHz lower speed? I'll be running Linux on it, so the Hard-Disk-Protection
>of the T41 might not work anyway as far as I understand it? Is the T41 the
>newer series and will replace the T40 on the long run, or will they
>run in paralell? All Chipsets (IDE/PCI/USB/...) should be exactly the
>same as far as I understand it so there shouldn't new problems with
>Linux for the T41 I hope?
>
>Second question: I could get the T40 directly in many shops, the T41 has
>to be ordered. How is IBM's policy on dead/hot pixels in the display,
>or isn't that an issue anymore on modern Notebooks? I'd prefer not to have
>any, are thet considered a defect for IBM warranty?
>
>Thanx & (:ul8er, r@y

0
wdxp (75)
12/8/2003 10:37:45 AM
Florian Kirstein wrote:

> I'm short before buying a Thinkpad, T40 or T41, my current choices are a
> T40 TC122GE and a T41 TC12FGE, so XGA 1.3/1.4 GHz Centrino, 256 MB, 40GB
> Harddrive. The T41 is about $200 more expensive but has Gigabit
> Ethernet and Bluetooth onboard, is there /anything/ besides the
> price that would be a point for the T40? Longer Battery runtime due to 0.1
> GHz lower speed? I'll be running Linux on it, so the Hard-Disk-Protection
> of the T41 might not work anyway as far as I understand it? Is the T41 the
> newer series and will replace the T40 on the long run, or will they
> run in paralell? All Chipsets (IDE/PCI/USB/...) should be exactly the
> same as far as I understand it so there shouldn't new problems with
> Linux for the T41 I hope?

Many T40 models have Gigabit ethernet and Bluetooth. You should browse
the IBM Thinkpad website to see the different models. I see no reason
why the HD parking system would not work under Linux since it's built in
to the BIOS and not part of the OS.

There are several different moby/chipset configurations depending on
Ethernet and video display. If you want to run Linux, I would consult
with the Linux on Laptop website to see which models have already been
confirmed as able to run Linux.

> Second question: I could get the T40 directly in many shops, the T41 has
> to be ordered. How is IBM's policy on dead/hot pixels in the display,
> or isn't that an issue anymore on modern Notebooks? I'd prefer not to have
> any, are thet considered a defect for IBM warranty?

The IBM policy on pixel defects is here:
http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4U9P53

It takes a lot of pixel defects for IBM to consider the display
defective. In my own experience managing about 50 laptops (600e, T20,
T23, T30, T40p in various combinations) I have yet to receive a laptop
with even 1 pixel defect.

You can get good pricing on the IBM website so I would just get the
model you want.

0
fake9536 (1)
12/8/2003 1:28:25 PM
Other than the others have said, T41 uses PC2700 DDR vs T40's PC2100 DDR.

"Florian Kirstein" <ray@200309.usenet.ray.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm short before buying a Thinkpad, T40 or T41, my current choices are a
> T40 TC122GE and a T41 TC12FGE, so XGA 1.3/1.4 GHz Centrino, 256 MB, 40GB
> Harddrive. The T41 is about $200 more expensive but has Gigabit
> Ethernet and Bluetooth onboard, is there /anything/ besides the
> price that would be a point for the T40? Longer Battery runtime due to 0.1
> GHz lower speed? I'll be running Linux on it, so the Hard-Disk-Protection
> of the T41 might not work anyway as far as I understand it? Is the T41 the
> newer series and will replace the T40 on the long run, or will they
> run in paralell? All Chipsets (IDE/PCI/USB/...) should be exactly the
> same as far as I understand it so there shouldn't new problems with
> Linux for the T41 I hope?
>
> Second question: I could get the T40 directly in many shops, the T41 has
> to be ordered. How is IBM's policy on dead/hot pixels in the display,
> or isn't that an issue anymore on modern Notebooks? I'd prefer not to have
> any, are thet considered a defect for IBM warranty?
>
> Thanx & (:ul8er, r@y

0
qiangNO (1)

OK, thanks for all comments, I went for the T41 and already have it
in my hands :) It has no dead/hot pixels as far as I can tell :>>

The only negative thing I can say so far is that I possibly should
have gone for a higher display res., not because I need the space,
but because my eyese obviously are too good, I see the subpixels
on the display when I'm close to it which is noticeable especially
on some Linux-X-fonts, I'm used to my blurred CRT, so I'll have to get
used to this TFT effects. The Keyboard is great, the trackpoint/touchpad
combination also seems to be OK, so now I'll have to go for the
linux tweaking to get all the APM and centrino cpu-freq stuff to
work I guess :)

(:ul8er, r@y
0
ray

IBM's 'Chiphopper'
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1738&ncid=1209&e=3&u=/zd/200 50214/tc_zd/145844 -- OpenVMS - The classics never go out of style. On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:05:48 GMT, Keith Parris <keithparris_NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > John Smith wrote: >> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1738&ncid=1209&e=3&u=/zd/20050214/tc_zd/145844 > > Based on the name, I at first thought this might be like FX!32, or VEST, > but was disappointed to find out it's just a set of tools to help port > Linux x86 applications to...

The Python's regex different from Perl's ,I want know what's the different?
The Python's regex different from Perl's ,I want know what's the different? > The Python's regex different from Perl's ,I want know what's the > different? Easy: bash$ diff <(lynx -dump http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html) <(lynx -dump http://docs.python.org/library/re.html) Had you tried the great Google in the sky, you might have found such pages as: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-April/319030.html or even a popular book on the subject: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596002893/ -tkc The regular expression syntax is ...

IBM's Promise (It's as good as gold)
IBM's Promise (It's as good as gold): I was looking back at some OS/2 history and I ran across this recently(http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/OS2History.html). There has been a lot of questions about IBM's commitement to Lotus Notes. IBM lived up to it's commitment with OS/2. IBM gave promised to continue supporting OS/2 users in 1996 as they transitioned to Network computing. Today that support continues.I am certain that they will do the same with Notes. "Most people don't know this, even many IBMers who should, but IBM has a series of internal documents called ...

old IBM CL57sx laptop-basic spec's unknown, can't find on net
I'm trying to find just the 'barest' original spec's for the IBM PS/2 CL57sx laptop, like mhz it runs at? 'base' and max RAM capabilities? size of the 'factory orig' hard drive? plan is my buddy has one, he might swap me for some RAM...need the spex to help determine which 'barebones' Linux I can run on it (if any). obviosly, it'd need to be some 'ultralight' version ....hopefully with an elemental windows manager of 'some sort' (IceWM? fluxbox? or are they both 'too heavy'?) unbelievably enough, numerous google searches bring no useable info-links... thanks in advance, tool http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/8554/8554_Common_Devices.html Not much, but it's a start. dave wrote: > > I'm trying to find just the 'barest' original spec's for the IBM PS/2 > CL57sx laptop, like > > mhz it runs at? > 'base' and max RAM capabilities? > size of the 'factory orig' hard drive? > > plan is my buddy has one, he might swap me for some RAM...need the spex > to help determine which 'barebones' Linux I can run on it (if any). > obviosly, it'd need to be some 'ultralight' version ....hopefully with > an elemental windows manager of 'some sort' (IceWM? fluxbox? or are they > both 'too heavy'?) > > unbelievably enough, numerous google searches bring no useable in...

Here's a question you have to ask IBM's IM management...
From IBM's 8K "Information Management software declined 8 percent, or up 1 percent at constant currency. Distributed Relational Database continued to perform well, up 2 percent and double-digit at constant currency. Going forward, our information management software is a key component of our new Business Analytics and Optimization service line. " These are some very interesting statements and since you'll have access to Jerry Keesee, and other IM bigwigs, ask them to explain these statements. Especially in terms of Informix. ;-) Yeah, that's the key. DID INFORMIX CONTINUE WITH THEIR 'DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH' or is this the first quarter that they missed? (We're talking quarter over quarter, and year over year). This isn't a dig against IDS, in fact, I suspect the exact opposite. ;-) But hey! What do I know? (Obviously more than I can tell, even without an active NDA. ;-) -G ...

OT: IBM's Power to power Boeing's 787
>=20 http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2006/09/26/209179/787-special-system= s-advance.html Kerry Main's "server consolidation" takes to the air :-) For its 787, in order to save weigth and power demand, Boeing's contracto= r has=20 decided to consolidate many cockpit systems together. It will be PowerPC = based,=20 running Wind River Systems=92 VxWorks 653 real-time operating system (RT= OS) which=20 will support many applications in the cockpit (about 80 different functio= ns). Interestingly, dropping old military protocols, Boeing is going for Ether= net on=20 ...

IBM's JNI fails where Sun's JNI works
I'm dealing with a problem where the some java code, that uses a native library (under linux) works fine under Sun's JVM, but as soon as we use IBMs VM (1.3.1) things go horribly wrong in the native library. Things appear to be going wrong in a call to ((*theEnv)->NewStringUTF(theEnv, utf)); Is there any particular reason why IBM's JNI should fail where Sun's doesn't? I have heard that IBMs VM is more strict with how it does thing, but I've also checked the native javaglue code for errors, such as not calling release on newly created strings etc., but I can&#...

It's true: IBM's PC business bought by Lenovo.
Hey Everyone: Well, it happened: http://news.com.com/IBM+sells+PC+group+to+Lenovo/2100-1042_3-5482284.html?tag=st_lh http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/08/0314207&tid=136&tid=187&tid=98&tid=1 IBM's PC business has been bought out by Lenovo of China for $1.25 billion USD (Lenovo is also taking on IBM's debt). IBM is getting a 18.9% stake in Lenovo, and Lenovo gets to use the IBM and Think names for the next five years. Only time will tell what this means for OS/2 users. IBM could in theory continue to sell PCs under its brand name that...

[News] [Linux] Has Novell's Lost IBM's Backing?
Virtualization: IBM Sticks Novell in the Corner ,----[ Quote ] | So Novell - which got into Linux on IBM's nickel - has wandered off the | reservation and is now hugging Microsoft, IBM's heredity enemy, around the | knees seeking market redemption. | | [...] | | So now IBM, which brought Novell into the mix so Red Hat wouldn't | turn into another Microsoft, has cut a deal with Red Hat "to | encourage the dramatic growth of Red Hat Enterprise Linux on IBM | System z mainframes" - according to the lead sentence in the | Wednesday press release. | | Makes one think the Armonk carrier pigeon just pooped on Novell's new hat. `---- http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/374798_p.htm Also new: Questions on IBM's Business Model ,----[ Quote ] | My question does not appear to have been raised (caveat: I have not | read all 1039). What is the connection between IBM's FOSS-oriented | business strategy and its current concern over its competitive postion? | IBM's strategy has been to promote FOSS, especially Apache and Linux, | and then make money from selling (1) proprietary applications to | connect to them; (2) hardware on which both the operating system | and aps run; (3) integration services, using a very broad-based | concept that equates IT processes with overall business processes. `---- http://weblog.ipcentral.info/archives/2007/05/questions_on_ib.html Roy Schestowitz wrote: > | So now IBM, which brought Novell into the mix s...

[News] IBM's Patent Pool Grows, SJVN Calls to Pardon IBM

Google's Schmidt Joins IBM's Palmisano for Some Cloud Seeding
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Googles-Schmidt-Joins-IBMs-Palmisano-for-Some-Cloud-Seeding-62858.html?welcome=1209777372 By Chris Maxcer LinuxInsider Part of the ECT News Network 05/02/08 12:05 PM PT The CEOs of Google and IBM appeared onstage together at a conference in Los Angeles Thursday, indicating the companies' efforts to promote cloud-based services are gaining traction. Last Fall, the two delivered Linux-based systems to a handful of top universities to help develop and improve the abilities of computer science students with massively parallel computing practices. Be a R...

IBM error and information files for servicing/fault finding IBM PC's.
http://www.os2site.com/sw/hardware/ibm/service/servicehelp.zip ...

What's Order Time For IBM T40 From Their Website?
I'm looking to order a T40 from IBM's website. For those of you who have also ordered from their website, how close are the estimated "in stock" times. For example, most units say "in stock in 2-4 weeks", when did you actually receive yours? I'm looking to order the upscale T40p unit. Thanks, Ragtopgeek PS - I must order from their website to get stock-holder discount. If anything, I've found the delivery to usually beat the estimated delivery times - but not by that much. If the model you want is in stock, then it's really quick. (and by the way - what shareholder discount?) Good luck, Aletia >I'm looking to order a T40 from IBM's website. For those of >you who have also ordered from their website, how close are >the estimated "in stock" times. For example, most units say >"in stock in 2-4 weeks", when did you actually receive yours? >I'm looking to order the upscale T40p unit. >Thanks, >Ragtopgeek >PS - I must order from their website to get stock-holder discount. > > > > > > ...

Difference in IBM's T and R notebooks?
I am interested in buying an IBM notebook with the newer Pentium M processor, but I am confused by the several different product lines put out by IBM. I originally went to the IBM website to configure a T40, but found the higher resolution 15 inch screen on the R40 to be more to my liking. The T series also seems to be more expensive than the R. Is there a difference in quality or support between the "R" and "T" series notebooks? oryx T series is lighter and thinner and is generally considered to be the "flagship model" of IBM. I am not sure about the quality of build these days since IBM changed their production plants. ...

IBM Linux chief: Chasing desktop Windows a 'dead-end'
<quote> LinuxCon 2009 IBM says that battling for desktop market share against Windows is a "dead-end" for Linux. Sutor drew up several possible futures for the Linux desktop in the years ahead, including Linux going away altogether, one distribution dominating Linux desktops, one distro dominating all desktops, Linux reaching parity with Microsoft and Apple, and desktop Linux disappearing altogether and making the whole issue moot. "Most people say, 'I don't want to be bothered. It just works. I want to do the other parts of my job, and I want to go home,&...

IBM's 'White Space' and where Informix fits in...
As I alluded to in my other post, the 'white space' are the customers that can afford an IBM solution but choose not to use IBM as a vendor, or a vendor of last resort. This means that you can include a customer that has legacy apps on IBM mainframes yet their LUW world contains no IBM products. IBM is hurting, although they won't admit it. Sure they made record profits on lesser revenue because they've been squeezing margins by cutting deep to the bone. There are two things occurring... 1) IBM is moving anything and everything they can to lower cost countries, regardless of the longer term effects on doing business. Who cares if it takes 24-48 hours longer to get a deal done if the customer never sees the pain of IBM's internal processes. You can only cut so much and once you start getting squeezed on margins, you enter a death spiral. You keep cutting costs, you lower the quality of service. Customers see this and they demand further cuts. 2) The 80/20 rule holds true for IBM. IBM gains 80% of their revenue from their top 20% of their customers. IBM's S&D (Sales and Distribution division) are farmers. They know how to build a relationship with a key account and to try and suck as much revenue as they can from the customer. IBM does not develop 'hunters'. Informix had 'hunters' and of course some good 'farmers'. IBM puts their lesser trained reps in the SMB and 'White Space' accounts. In ...

informed speculation on IBM's 'Broadway' processor
IBM's PowerPC-based CPU called 'Broadway' for the Nintendo Revolution is almost definitally going to be based on one of two designs: a.) the PPE (PowerPC Processing Element ) that is used in Xenon/Waternoose (Xbox 360's triple-core CPU) and Cell -- or b.) the PowerPC 970FX. Ars Technica speculates in this article: http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/revolution.ars really worth reading. Hannibal thinks that Broadway (Revolution's CPU) is going to be the best next-gen CPU for gameplay control code and will have the largest L2 cache at 2 MB (Xbox 360 CPU has 1...

IBM's Reply Memo in Further Support of Motion to Limit SCO's Claims
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20060405002552215 Now we're cooking. ... Finally, we get a glimmer of an idea of what SCO filed with the court as their list of allegedly misused materials. What it appears to have filed is just a list of Linux files. begin oe_protect.scr Roy Culley <rgc@nodomain.none> espoused: > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20060405002552215 > > Now we're cooking. > > ... > > Finally, we get a glimmer of an idea of what SCO filed with the > court as their list of allegedly m...

[News] IBM's Server Initiative (GNU/Linux) Far Ahead of Microsoft's

[News] IBM Strives to Turn Sun's/Oracle's UNIX to GNU/Linux

[News] [SOT] IBM's Chip Breakthrough; Google Battles Microsoft's Voice
[Could not quite escape without a comment...] IBM Announces 3-D Chip Stacking ,----[ Quote ] | IBM says after more than a decade of research, it's ready to take 3-D | chips from the 'lab to the fab', extending Moore's Law to new limits: | dramatically reducing chip size while boosting speed. Using 3-D chip | stacking technology called "through-silicon vias," IBM says it's able | to reduce the distance information travels on a chip by 1,000 times. `---- http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070412/32076_id.html?.v=1 So maybe there's hope for Longhorn. The PS3 (...

[Media Watch] IBM's new 'Open' Ads.
Alright, for those of you who haven't seen it, IBM is airing Linux commercials on TV!! Network even, saw my first one last night, this whole ad series rocks, I enjoyed looking through them on ibm's site. www.ibm.com/open/ Click on 'Visionary' and it takes you to the series of spots. PS: Am I the only one singing 'Will the real Linux please stand up?' :) The kid looks like a young eminem haha. ...

[News] IBM's OSS Chief Becomes Linux Chief, Sun's OSS Chief Interviewed

Today's News: Domino Effect
Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort -- Click below ... http://www.amazon.com/paypage/PELYGQVJ8Q7IB ------------------------------------------------------------------- DOMINONEWS.COM | Targeted News for IBM Lotus Professionals September 8, 2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------- SPONSORS: Integrate Notes with Word and Excel in a Single click ! R4/R5/R6 Report, Mail Merge, Labels, Barcode, Graph, Export, Email, PDF http://www.DominoNews.com/homepage.nsf/ads/printmergeexpress?opendocument AttachZIP: Lotus Notes Attachment Compression ...

Web resources about - IBM T40/T41 difference? And: IBM's dead pixel policy? - comp.sys.laptops

Matildas achieve target of boosting goal difference with 9-0 Olympic qualifier win over Vietnam
Australia's goal avalanche at the expense of a hapless Vietnam provides an important boost says Matildas captain Clare Polkinghorne.

Can voters tell the difference between a Trump quote and a Hitler quote?
How can one compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler? One is a highly successful businessman turned presidential candidate with absolutely no consistency ...

Byron York: Trump Exposed ‘Enormous Difference’ Between Republican Elitist and Voters on Issues
Byron York: Trump Exposed 'Enormous Difference' Between Republican Elitist and Voters on Issues

SecDef: 'There Tend to Be Physical and Other Physiological Differences Between Men and Women'
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter announced on Thursday that he has formally approved plans prepared by the individual military services and U.S. ...

Spaling details differences between Sharks, Leafs locker rooms
... form Search 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Spaling details differences ...

Supreme Court justices show their differences during oral arguments in crucial abortion case
In what was originally slated to be an hour of oral arguments, the U.S. Supreme Court went 19 minutes overtime Wednesday in the case of a Texas ...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Leaves DC’s ‘Sandman’ Movie Citing Creative Differences
... Sandman will have to find a new prince of stories, as Joseph Gordon Levitt announced today that he has left the project over creative differences ...