IBM Thinkpad T30 - using both Bluetooth and wireless lan together

I'm using wireless lan and I cannot get the bluetooth to work.

Is it true that I cannot use both at the same time ?

Where can I get information on how to enable blue tooth to connect to my mobile ?

Thanks.

no.. that would be crappy..
i use bluetooth and wifi simultaneously on my t41 all the time..
they are seperate devices.. with seperate antenna..  (on seperate
frequencies?)

windows may object to you using both as lan adaptors tho..  even though i'm
pretty sure i've done that as well.

Aaron

"flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using wireless lan and I cannot get the bluetooth to work.
>
> Is it true that I cannot use both at the same time ?
>
> Where can I get information on how to enable blue tooth to connect to my
mobile ?

> Thanks.

0
me8275 (87)
5/18/2004 5:28:39 PM
I'm getting suspicious on whether my T30 does have BlueTooth.  The
reason is that there is no BlueTooth Logo on my thinkpad.  It does
have a LCD but no BlueTooth switch.

Does all T30 have BlueTooth ?  Is so, where is my BlueTooth switch ?
Thanks.
bluetooth is kinda new...
i seriously doubt it's on your t30
i bought a t41 at the beginning of the year.. and bt was too expensive for
me..   but i installed it later..
point is.. you'd know it if you had it.

ps.. bluetooth is not wifi..

> I'm getting suspicious on whether my T30 does have BlueTooth.  The
> reason is that there is no BlueTooth Logo on my thinkpad.  It does
> have a LCD but no BlueTooth switch.
>
> Does all T30 have BlueTooth ?  Is so, where is my BlueTooth switch ?
> Thanks.

0
me8275 (87)
5/20/2004 3:56:04 PM
flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting suspicious on whether my T30 does have BlueTooth.  The
> reason is that there is no BlueTooth Logo on my thinkpad.  It does
> have a LCD but no BlueTooth switch.
>
> Does all T30 have BlueTooth ?  Is so, where is my BlueTooth switch ?
> Thanks.

No, they don't all have BT. What model T30 do you have?

0
James4671 (373)
5/21/2004 5:23:33 PM
2366-8GA.  Does it have ?  Thanks.

"JHEM" <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message news:<pWqrc.722$No1.573@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
> flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm getting suspicious on whether my T30 does have BlueTooth.  The
> > reason is that there is no BlueTooth Logo on my thinkpad.  It does
> > have a LCD but no BlueTooth switch.
> >
> > Does all T30 have BlueTooth ?  Is so, where is my BlueTooth switch ?
> > Thanks.
>
> No, they don't all have BT. What model T30 do you have?
> flahmeshesswrote:
2366-8GA.  Does it have ?  Thanks.

Nope:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do?quickPathEntry=2366-8GA&quickPathEntry.x=11&quickPathEntry.y=13

==============
James1992 (30)
5/22/2004 6:03:18 AM

--
Regards,

James

James4671 (373)
5/22/2004 3:57:09 PM
That's funny... then how come they install the Bluetooth driver in my
thinkpad !!  Hmm. Funny.

"JHEM" <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message news:<pLKrc.5079$ZQ.3512@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...
> flahmeshess <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > 2366-8GA.  Does it have ?  Thanks.
>
> Nope:
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do?quickPathEntry=2366-8GA&quickPathEntry.x=11&quickPathEntry.y=13

IBM thinkpad wireless lan question
Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following information on the IBM USA site: On this page, http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623 the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4 2681. but on...

IBM thinkpad R40 celeron wireless lan question
Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following information on the IBM USA site: On this page, http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623 the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4 2681. but on...

Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51
Hi, I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows the message: ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini] and exits. Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver download/install software does not help either). If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and tricks) to install the driver then please let me know! Best regards Thomas Thomas, did you find a workaround? I am t...

ThinkPad T30 2366-41U ThinkPad T30 2366-41U ThinkPad T30 memory issue
I have a ThinkPad T30 2366-41U and I tried doing a memory upgrade. It already has 512 so I purchased the exact module to add to the second slot - this is what happens: System Properties stated 512 of RAM showing. I reseated the modules - no dice. I booted the laptop with the one memory module in each slot - if I have the memory in a particular slot; I just got a bunch of beeps. The other slot came up fine so this rule out bad memory. What it looks like - one of the Expansions Slots is bad. Have you ever seen this? Is there a quick fix? What would you recommend? Thank you in advanced fo...

Spirit of wireless - 4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44996&item=5168913661 Ends Mar-05-05 08:56:01 PST "Louis Ohland" <ohlandl@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:4229B566.3040507@mchsi.com... > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44996&item=5168913661 > Ends Mar-05-05 08:56:01 PST > Yes. He has the link down the page to the product description on IBM's site. Run the P/N. > Is this http://ohland.kev009.com/NIC/Wireless_LAN.html ? > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Louis Ohland" <...

IBM T30 Laptop
Oddly enough, I can not find anything that says if a t30 is 64-bit or not, got it several years ago. However, can a t30 run windows vista? Thanks. -g Geoff wrote: > Oddly enough, I can not find anything that says if a t30 is 64-bit or > not, got it several years ago. However, can a t30 run windows vista? Yes, but the 16MB video card isn't capable of running all of the Vista eye candy. You don't need a 64BIT computer to run Vista. -- James Visit the Thinkpad Forums http://forum.thinkpads.com Thanks. Is the t30 32 or 64 bit hardware? -g Basically, any PC with ...

IBM Wireless Lan
A while ago (couple of years?) I received 4 kits from Rick Ekblaw (I think).....they are the systems described here: http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ohlandl/8227/194-197.txt I would like to set up a home network on my PS/2 machines. The documentation says the base machine must use OS/2 with or without TCP/ IP, and the workstations can be DOS machines. I am wondering if a WFW machine with TCP/IP could be used as a base instead of an OS/2 machine? That is, can I build this network with these modules as a WFW network? CT the Curious On Jul 3, 9:19 am, "Tim Knight/CT" &l...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

I found a good site of IBM thinkpad batteries.Just look it, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk
Hi,everyone, I bought a battery of ibm thindpad r31 from a online store, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk .It is a preffesional online store for ibm thinkpad.All of the batteries not only have cheap price and excellent quality,but also have 1 year warranty and quickly deliver.f you are looking for replacement IBM laptop batteries,such as IBM laptop battery thinkpad 600,IBM thinkpad 600e,IBM R31,IBM R32,IBM T20,IBM T22,IBM T23,IBM R40 and so on,please go there,they are your resonable choice. Best regards, Roy ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

IBM Thinkpad T30 series
I have an IBM Thinkpad T30 series and I am completely locked out of the operating system. When I logon I get a error on the date and time then it goes to a blck screen asking for a password. How do I get to the operating system What password is it looking for? the only black screen I know of is for the bios password. unless there is some special software installed like on my wife's machine but the screen in not black. "kdbrewer" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:12p5vsikovvn558@news.supernews.com... >I have an IBM Thinkpad T30 series and I am completely lock...

FS: IBM thinkpad 600 $49 / IBM thinkpad 600 $150
Most of this stuff is FS and not FA Item name: IBM Thinkpad 600 PII 300mhz laptop http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6768038641 Item name: IBM Thinkpad 600 PII 300mhz laptop - NICE!!! Price: $150.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6768604597 Item name: Dell Optiplex PIII 667mhz ,DVD,CD-RW , 15GB Hard Drive Price: $135.00 http://c...

Are thinkpad a31p upgradeable to wireless and bluetooth
Hello, I can buy two A31p: - 2653R3U with modem (CDC) and ethernet (CDC) - 2653N3U with modem (CDC) and ethernet (CDC) Which is better? Can I upgrade them with wi-fi and bluetooth (I mean CDC or mini-PCI to use internal antenna)? Can I upgrade to gigabit ethernet? Thank you very much in advance for your replies!! Mario Giammarco wrote: > I can buy two A31p: > > - 2653R3U with modem (CDC) and ethernet (CDC) > - 2653N3U with modem (CDC) and ethernet (CDC) > > Which is better? Both are the same units, so hard to say which is better. Especially since You didn't say w...

Replacing IBM Thinkpad Laptop Screen
Can anyone comment either from practical experience or speculation on the difficulty of a self-repair/replacement of a IBM Thinkpad screen? Just at a glance and from looking at pictures of replacement screen units, the process doesn't look much more complicated than changing a set of spark plugs (well, maybe a little more difficult). Looks to be just releasing the hinge assembly connector screws and then some cables disconnects/reconnects and finis! Assuming you're smart enough to acquire the correct replacement part, is it really much more difficult than that? Other ins...

Looking for wireless speakers for IBM laptop
I'd like to be able to play downloaded music and CDs with my WIFI enable laptop and have it come out of speakers unteacthered to the laptop? Looking for good sound small size, preferably just two speakers. And how does this work? Do I need a corded base station to broadcast from? An amp? Just using my tinny builtin speakers now. Thanks in advance On 19 Nov 2003 17:23:02 -0800, nickravo@earthlink.net (Nick) wrote: >I'd like to be able to play downloaded music and CDs with my WIFI >enable laptop and have it come out of speakers unteacthered to the >laptop? Looking for good sound small size, preferably just two >speakers. And how does this work? Do I need a corded base station to >broadcast from? An amp? Just using my tinny builtin speakers now. There are no good sounding wireless speakers regardless of size or price. If you can possibly tolerate a wire to external amp/speakers, do so. Kal Nick wrote: > I'd like to be able to play downloaded music and CDs with my WIFI > enable laptop and have it come out of speakers unteacthered to the > laptop? Looking for good sound small size, preferably just two > speakers. And how does this work? Do I need a corded base station to > broadcast from? An amp? Just using my tinny builtin speakers now. > Thanks in advance I screwed around for 5 years trying to come up with a way to play music around the house. The final/best solution was to buy a cheapo MP3 playing walkman-type CD player and p...

this IBM PCMCIA wireless LAN card?
I'm in the market for a wireless PCMCIA LAN card I can use with OS/2 as well as 'doze98 with my Thinkpad T22. is anyone using the "IBM High Rate Wireless LAN PC Card 128"? if so, how does it work, and where'd you buy it? this one seems to be part number 09N9904, and has drivers listed on Software Choice. hasn't come up when I've googled the os/2 newsgroups for it. -- -rafe t. www.ray-field.com On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:41:15 UTC, rayyfieldNOTSPAM@yahoo.com (ray field) wrote: -> I'm in the market for a wireless PCMCIA LAN card I can use -> with OS/2...

Old IBM Thinkpad Laptop Base
Hello I am posting this message for a friend. He has a old IBM laptop which works okay but I cannot seem to find any drivers for the USB port on the base that you can connect the laptop to. The model numbers I am unsure of, I looked and could not find any. Help needed. Thank you. Uzytkownik <cytrex@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:1110512190.361936.285470@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello I am posting this message for a friend. He has a old IBM laptop > which works okay but I cannot seem to find any drivers for the USB port > on the base that you can connect the lap...

Hard wire LAN and wireless together?
Will this work for me? /---> hardwired to PC DSL MODEM|--> 4-port Router|---+----> hardwired to Mac \---> Wireless box ===> Laptop I already have the ethernet hard wired to the PC and Mac now. They are side-by-side in the same room as the DSL modem and router and that set-up does not need to change. My daughter may be staying with us for a while and rather than hard-wire in another connection I thought I might be able to run a line to a wireless box and let her pick up the signal that way whereever in the...

lan drivers for IBM T23 laptop?
Anyone know which driver to use for this laptop? There are several posted on the IBM site. superman202@comcast.net wrote: > Anyone know which driver to use for this laptop? There are several > posted on the IBM site. Install this and run it: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=SOFT-UPDATE It will find and install the correct driver for you. Regards, James ...

IBM ISA/MCA wireless LAN
When Louis was ID'ing my stuff the other day, he mentioned that one ( actually two ) of the cards were "Without the external antennas, they are worthless. " Digging a little deeper through the treasure chest, I may have turned up the whole kit. Scroll down. http://home.fuse.net/bobwatts/bobbay.htm I'm not sure, but I may need to find a couple of cables yet. Louis ? bob On 2/21/2010 17:33, Robert E. Watts wrote: > When Louis was ID'ing my stuff the other day, he mentioned that one ( > actually two ) of the cards were "Without the ext...

ibm thinkpad t30 lcd inverter card ?
My laptop display would periodically go blank without any indication; eventually it just stopped; I can however use the CRT. Also, I can faintly see the Windows logo on the screen when booting. After doing some research, I used the proper cleaner to remove any oxidation on the connector for the inverter card. No Luck. I ordered a new inverter card, which I'm waiting to be delivered. That being said, is there any test to determine if it is the inverter card or a dead backlight. Quintin wrote: > My laptop display would periodically go blank without any indication; > eventually it just...

FA: LOADED IBM ThinkPad Laptop System
Must sell to pay medical bills: IBM T-20 ThinkPad System. Includes a TON of accessories. Full business class set-up that includes: DVD / CDRW / Docking Port / USB Floppy Drive / NEW 40Gb Hard drive / & MUCH MORE!! Check it out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3458291179 Thanks for looking and good bidding! Best Regards, Roger :-) ...

Auction: IBM ThinkPad Laptop 486SL2 NOT Pentium
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260109102923 End time: Apr-22-07 18:43:14 PDT (4 days 6 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Morrison, Illinois, United States It is a 486SL2 with 32 MB ram, a 76 MB hard drive, 8 inch monochrome LCD display, external 3.5 inch floppy, NO CDROM, the battery is dead and won't take a charge but the computer runs fine with the ac adapter. No affiliation I wonder.... a 486SL2 (?) with 32 MB ram (?? according to tpvol3.pdf it should be at least a 486DX2) a 76 MB hard drive (??? odd size) 8 inch monochrome LCD...

Two IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads over a wireless network
Hi, I have been struggling for some time trying to get my two IBM/ Lenovo ThinkPads to work over our wireless network (see http:// groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad/browse_thread/thread/ 27ab28434e118e0f/6f6779b235421b1d? lnk=st&q=Garny&rnum=5#6f6779b235421b1d). One of them is a T42p and the other a X41. The X41 was recently bought to replace an old laptop, which used to work fine with the T42p over our wireless network. Since we have replaced that old laptop with the X41, things have just stopped working: we lose our wireless connection on both the T42p and X41 within...

Update of the Bluetooth software for an IBM ThinkPad A31p
Hello! Widcomm, the provider of the Bluetooth software for the A31p has made a never version which includes support for the headset profile so it's possible to use e.g. an Ericsson headset as microphone and loudspeaker for the notebook. Do some of you know how to achieve getting the software upgraded as the software on my brand new A31p is from 2001 and therefore is ooooooooold? Best regards, Henrik Dahl There's an upgrade listed on: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1MIGR-44264 but I think it might be too old. I thinks it's from March of 2002. >...

Web resources about - IBM Thinkpad T30 - using both Bluetooth and wireless lan together - comp.sys.laptops

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables. It can connect several devices, overcoming problems of synchronization. ...

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables. It can connect several devices, overcoming problems of synchronization. ...

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables. It can connect several devices, overcoming problems of synchronization. ...

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it was originally conceived as a wireless alternative to RS-232 data cables. It can connect several devices, overcoming problems of synchronization. ...

Bluetooth Technology Web Site
Bluetooth wireless technology is connecting people with their devices at home, work and play – and that’s just the beginning. The future of Bluetooth ...

New IPhone App Adds Facebook Friends Via Bluetooth - AllFacebook
Bluetooth has countless uses, and adding Facebook friends just joined that list thanks to AddFriend, a new iPhone application from Instant Friend. ...

Facebook Bluetooth Beacons - Facebook for Business
Facebook Bluetooth beacons help people see more information about your business whenever they use Facebook during their visit. Sign up to receive ...

Bluetooth Event Series
We are delighted to announce Bluetooth® World 2015 - a series of three events bringing together the complete industry ecosystem to explore all ...

Bluetooth RFCOMM / SDP connection to a RS232 adapter in android
The Android API provides examples of using listenUsingRfcommWithServiceRecord() to set up a socket and createRfcommSocketToServiceRecord() to ...

iSitter - WiFi / Bluetooth Baby Monitor for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get iSitter - WiFi / Bluetooth Baby Monitor on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.