laptop

hello dear friends and computer lovers,
can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios
from the "ibm thinkpad  t22" ??
manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-)

0
guru303 (1)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:50:05 +0100, "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>hello dear friends and computer lovers,
>can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios
>from the "ibm thinkpad  t22" ??
>manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-)

Try here. They have a lot of information. some may be applicable to
your problem.

http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password.html
Charlie Hoffpauir
[STOP THE GRAND PARKWAY]
http://members.manvel.net/charlieh/
0
invalid456 (3281)
11/16/2003 3:14:56 PM
Remove Battery and remove cmos battery too. Leave it for couple hrs. It
should boot with default setup.

sam

"news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hello dear friends and computer lovers,
> can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios
> from the "ibm thinkpad  t22" ??
> manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-)

0
dfwNOSPAM (9)
11/18/2003 10:01:48 PM
news.wxs.nl wrote:

> hello dear friends and computer lovers,
> can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios
> from the "ibm thinkpad  t22" ??
> manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-)

Ask the owner ? <grin>

That will NOT clear the password, which is stored in non-volatile memory.

sam wrote:

> Remove Battery and remove cmos battery too. Leave it for couple hrs. It
> should boot with default setup.
>
> sam
>
> "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>hello dear friends and computer lovers,
>>can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios
>>from the "ibm thinkpad  t22" ??
>>manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-)

0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

laptop bag and laptop mouse
i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. -- Ian Lincoln Independent I.T Consultant Deathwalker <ian-lincoln@blueyonder.co.ukspam> wrote: > i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a > back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also > looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have > retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. On the mouse front, I'm very happy with my new laptop mouse. http://www.euyer.com/ If you can use a PS/2 mouse, then I'd recommend the "harry potter" mouse. 3 pounds 99p, small, though not uncumfortably so, works on almost any surface I've tried it on, 2 buttons and a wheel. The cord has a little bit of velcro that you can use to store the cable neatly. It does have the "Harry Potter" logo on the front that glows when moved, but otherwise is almost ideal. What size of laptop? I've found that an old dremel-multi-tool case fits my laptop perfectly, and lets me carry around plenty of spare batteries in a hard case small enough to go in other bags. (Toshiba 3110CT, a bit shorter than A4, and 1" thick) Ho...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

Laptop
Hellow, I use matlab for intense data processing, large amounts of data, for example it can take me up to 1hr the smallest data set I process. My desktop is a Pentium4,1Gb PC3200. I'm shopping for a laptop what laptops do you guys recommend. I am personally insterested in Lenovo. Thanks ...

Laptop
I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me on hols. I don't want VRPC. Dave. -- D On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:51:24 +0100 Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be > installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me > on hols. I don't want VRPC. Sure. Just find somebody willing to sell your 20 laptop cases for each of the RISC OS people left who'd buy a native lap...

Laptop
ntpd seems to require a constant internet connection (although as far as I can see this is never explicitly stated). But what about a computer, which is only occasionally (on average once a day) connected to the internet, and for a few minutes (5 minutes on average)? Can ntpd be used in this case? If yes, what paramters have to be set in ntp.conf? If no, are there any programs available to handle this? In case it is relevant, here some more details: iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.5 ntpd -f /var/run/ntp.drift -p /var/run/ntpd.pid /etc/ntp.conf = "server time.asia.apple.com minpol...

Laptop newbie :-( Daughter needs a laptop
My daughter needs a laptop for her uni work. She only has a budget of around �800. She will be using a CAD program called ArchiCAD version 8 most of the time and the min requirements to run this software are: Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP pro (ArchiCAD will not start with Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 or Windows ME) CPU: Intel� Pentium III, Pentium 4 or compatible CPU recommended. RAM: 512MB minimum - Recommended: 1GB Hard Drive Space: 500MB minimum free hard drive space required for full installation for ArchiCAD 8.1. Free hard disk space is required according to model complexity (over 1 GB recommended for complex models and 3D visualization). Video Card: Standard Open GL cards with onboard video memory of 64 MB, not shared memory, are recommended. The required minimum resolution is 1024 by 768 pixels with 24 bit colour depth. Display: 17" as minimum I would assume that the software will run on Windows XP Home addition just as well as the pro version, and she is sure that a display of less than 17" is ok, as she is using a laptop of 12" at the moment for version 7 of ArchiCAD without any problems. I have been to the website of the developers of ArchiCAD (http://www.graphisoft.com) and although they recommend Intel CPU's for their software, users are managing quite well with high end AMD processors. So, as I am a complete newbie to laptops, I need your help in finding a laptop that will do the business for her and a very rea...

Install OS on laptop from another laptop?
I have an IBM 560Z laptop which has no built-in CD and whose USB port I just can't make work. It has W98SE on it at the moment, but it's pretty well useless if I can't get data in and out. I was wondering if I could install a Linux distro on it from my XP laptop - maybe via a serial connection? Is it possible? If so, does it need a special (null?) cable? I want to try this to see if Linux can make the USB port work - W98 "sees" it but won't recognise data on devices (pen drive, floppy) attached to it. Sorry to appear dim, but it's the first machine I've owned without a CD drive, so I'm a bit lost... Thanks for any advice or suggestions. DAH. DAH wrote: > I have an IBM 560Z laptop which has no built-in CD and whose USB port > I just can't make work. It has W98SE on it at the moment, but it's > pretty well useless if I can't get data in and out. > I was wondering if I could install a Linux distro on it from my XP > laptop - maybe via a serial connection? Is it possible? If so, does it > need a special (null?) cable? > I want to try this to see if Linux can make the USB port work - W98 > "sees" it but won't recognise data on devices (pen drive, floppy) > attached to it. > Sorry to appear dim, but it's the first machine I've owned without a > CD drive, so I'm a bit lost... > Thanks for any advice or suggestions. > DAH. There are a bunch of issues here. You do rea...

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

difference between a netbook laptop and a notebook laptop
I have been in this field by 3 years. Today in world top brands of laptops are introducing netbook laptops.We were familiar with notebook laptops. but netbook laptops perhaps the totally new word for laptop users. so i want to discuss here about the difference between netbook and notebook laptops. want to get more info: go to http://laptopmania3.blogspot.com/difference b/w a netbook and a notebook laptop ...

Laptops today vs laptops yesterday
Its just so amazing how fast technology improves. I used to upgrade at least every year for laptops but I have come to the point that I have outgrown that terrible "illness". Last night I passed by a computer superstore and although I always fight the urge to even go inside one, I still went it and checked out what's on offer these days for laptops. Most laptops on display now are wide screen, silvery colored with some even red, blue, gray. These i think are the "in" color these days. Checked the keyboard which is the most important for me, sad to say, they are even worse than before. But they do have the bells and whistles we could only dream of yesterday. wireless everywhere, memory slots abound, signature on board speakers (do they actually sound better?) fast graphics card and even some come with remote control. Gone home and I am still thinking what I just saw. Then I saw my thinkpad t22, 600x. My laptops suddenly felt inferior. Looks wise, these new laptops are very flashy with their bright colors. Features wise, they cant be beat. Price wise, well with the price of my thinkpads when new, I could buy two or three of these new laptops for the same price. Well, I have the money to buy an all whistling, all rocking, new laptop but I ask myself why? My 600x still performs like new. Upgraded the memory and HDD to 7200 rpm and it still runs cool and quiet. No new laptop keyboard is as ergonomic and pleasant to use as the 600x. My T22 with its high r...

Laptop Computer Furniture..(laptop computers)
laptop computers Laptops are small portable computers. They can be carried along, just like a small briefcase. They are convenient as they can be carried during travel. The furniture for this also has to be as per the dimensions of the laptop. With laptops being lighter and portable, the associated computer furniture is also becoming attractive and economical. A customer can choose from a variety of mobile laptop computer stands and desks. Some styles are foldable and perfect for travel. These laptop stands are good for small spaces. There are laptop computer desks to hold laptops, which can be rolled up to the conference room or to the bedside. Seat mounted desks are the perfect mobile organizer, for a laptop. They can be attached onto car seats. This enables the person to work even while being driven. Lap desks are very convenient and create a convenient work- table, wherever he sits. It costs around $99.00. Laptop caddy is a modification to the desks. This adjusts and tilts, so that the user can work anywhere in comfort. It is priced at $149.00. There are specially designed file compartments, which provide easy access to files and documents. This furniture is without a drill base mount, which is fully adjustable and removable in seconds. Adjustable laptop visor is another such accessory. It is adjustable to fit any laptop computer screen. It prevents glare and provides privacy. It is responsible for increasing productivity by reducing eyestrain and also protects the la...

question about Dell laptops- laptops in general?
Hi, I dont have a laptop but I have a friend who is selling their used laptop. My question is this they have the Lattitude C640, C610 or the C810 that I can choose from. Do all these laptops come with an ethernet connection? I would like to be able to run this laptop on a cable modem... What should I be looking for in the specs? just an ethernet? What about if I wanted to go wireless? if it doesnt have a wireless card, could one just add one to the laptop? how much does this usually cost? Also, if it had a lousy hard drive capacity- how much does it cost to add an larger harddrive? so essentially to sum it up, I am looking to go highspeed, with the option to go wireless, will these laptops work for that- what is needed? Thank you KOS KOS wrote: > Hi, I dont have a laptop but I have a friend who is selling their used > laptop. > > My question is this they have the Lattitude C640, C610 or the C810 > that I can choose from. Do all these laptops come with an ethernet > connection? I would like to be able to run this laptop on a cable > modem... What should I be looking for in the specs? just an ethernet? > > What about if I wanted to go wireless? if it doesnt have a wireless > card, could one just add one to the laptop? how much does this usually > cost? > > Also, if it had a lousy hard drive capacity- how much does it cost to > add an larger harddrive? > > so essentially to sum it up, I am looking to go highspeed, with t...

Web resources about - laptop - comp.sys.laptops

Laptop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks . Laptops are commonly used in a variety of settings, including work, education, ...

The Pulse of Mobile Tech - Technology News and Views from LAPTOP Magazine
Remember in high school when you were assigned a sack of flour and you had to treat it as your baby for a week? This social project has just ...

Facebook Donating 50 Laptops to Nearby High School, Conducting Class on App Creation
Sequoia High School in Redwood City , Calif., is reaping the benefits of being located near Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park . (more…) ...

Laptop Screen
We provide Laptop Screen,HP Laptop screen,Dell laptop screen,Acer laptop screen to the world. - http://www.usa-laptop-screen.com/ . Do you need ...

Tech News, Reviews, Latest Gadgets & Technology News, Mobile, Tablet, Laptop, Gaming, Tech, Photos, Videos ...
Tech News, Reviews, Latest Gadgets & Technology News including Mobile, Tablet, Laptop, Gaming, Tech, Photos, Videos at NDTVGadgets.com. Get the ...

Toshiba laptops (@toshibalaptops) on Twitter

Abby - Magic Laptop - Farm Animals (Free) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Abby - Magic Laptop - Farm Animals (Free) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Laptop hard drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Laptop hard drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Razer Blade Stealth review: What happens when gamers make a regular laptop?
Without a GPU, it's just a competent Ultrabook with mediocre battery life.

Dell releases new XPS 13 Developer Edition, launches Linux-based Precision laptops worldwide
On the laptop side, Dell may be best known for its Windows devices, but, as some of you may already know, it also offers some killer Linux-based ...