Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive

Anyone know where you can get an external USB laptop case (or just a
cable type adapter), but for a 2.5" laptop drive that is Serial ATA
(SATA) rather than the more mundaten IDE?  My new Toshiba laptop has
such a drive in it.
0
WatzmanNOSPAM (5711)

Supra laptop
Hello, I have purchased a very old laptop and am based in the UK. It is a Supra - (pentium II, 160MB, 6gig hard drive), but I can't find anything about the company that made it on the net or about the laptop or manuals or anything. I have searched this group and the same question about Supra has come up before but without any response. Is Supra now Sager ???? Also, the laptop has a TEAC CD-224E and I want to replace this with at least a DVD-CD-RW or perhaps go the whole hog and get a DVD-RW. Basically, I want to be able to watch dvds on the Supra. But what internal drives will fit the laptop?? I don't know anything about internal dvd/cd drives so I don't want to make a mistake and get one which will not fit the laptop! How can I tell if they will fit or not?? Thanks, Tahir <tahir.hafiz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150204165.059290.172920@f6g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I have purchased a very old laptop and am based in the UK. > > It is a Supra - (pentium II, 160MB, 6gig hard drive), but I can't find > anything about the company that made it on the net or about the laptop > or manuals or anything. I have searched this group and the same > question about Supra has come up before but without any response. > > Is Supra now Sager ???? > > Also, the laptop has a TEAC CD-224E and I want to replace this with at > least a DVD-CD-RW or perhaps go the whole hog and get a DVD-RW. > Basically, I...

External SATA drive for laptop
I have a laptop and I need the ability to attach a much faster drive for some work that I'm doing. The laptop doesn't have firewire so I'm looking at either USB2 or buying a PCMCIA SATA card. I presume that using SATA as an interface would be significantly faster. Does hotplugging work fine in this situation, are there any drawbacks? I'm going to be holding a large database on the disk, so latency is much more important than throughput. Graham Previously grahamsz@gmail.com wrote: > I have a laptop and I need the ability to attach a much faster drive &...

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?
Hi. My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it. The hard drive in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition. Is there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to my laptop? thanks, Kristie yes, get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire connection, or both. I did it, works great. -- Dennis Savatski "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message news:8c9b4541.0401221503...

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

FT: 6.4gb desktop hard drives....I need laptop hard drives
I have at least 50 6.4gb hard drives(these go in your desktop or tower, most are western digital and some are maxtor). I'd like to trade some or all of these for 4gb or 5gb laptop hard drives, the laptop drives must fit into an ibm thinkpad 600. to email me go here: http://www.geocities.com/pauldbz/ ...

Why laptop drive seeks when in external USB case connected to desktop PC
One more question: I had to remove a Seagate SATA 2.5" drive from HP laptop and use in external USB case on a desktop (to repair XP on the laptop). Everything went fine, BUT : "When the desktop box is turned off why does the laptop drive 'thrash' the heads?" I can hear the drive seeking the heads - sounds like all the way in/out - repeatedly. Was I doing harm ? I unplugged the USB cable, put back in laptop and it did work fine, but wondering what was happening. ( The USB case did NOT have a power switch - just a usb connector to PC.) In news:afKdneOgHemSzFDanZ2dnUVZ_vOlnZ2d@comcast.com, - Bobb - typed on Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:39:31 -0500: > One more question: > > I had to remove a Seagate SATA 2.5" drive from HP laptop and use in > external USB case on a desktop (to repair XP on the laptop). > Everything went fine, BUT : > "When the desktop box is turned off why does the laptop drive 'thrash' > the heads?" I can hear the drive seeking the heads - sounds like all > the way in/out - repeatedly. Was I doing harm ? I unplugged the USB > cable, put back in laptop and it did work fine, but wondering what > was happening. ( The USB case did NOT have a power switch - just a > usb connector to PC.) That is weird Bobb. :-o -- Bill ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

external hard drive with laptop
OK, guys---we've got a couple of rocket scientists (not) hard at work, and we've run up against a stump. Let me give the background of the problem, and tell what we're up to. Got a friend who has a laptop. His hard drive crashed awhile back. He took the laptop to a pc shop and got a new hard drive installed. He was checking out options of recovering his files off the old hard drive. I told him same thing had happened to me, and the way I did it was to take out my bad hard drive, get all the numbers off it, find a new identical one, then take the controller boards off a...

Laptop newbie :-( Daughter needs a laptop
My daughter needs a laptop for her uni work. She only has a budget of around �800. She will be using a CAD program called ArchiCAD version 8 most of the time and the min requirements to run this software are: Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP pro (ArchiCAD will not start with Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 or Windows ME) CPU: Intel� Pentium III, Pentium 4 or compatible CPU recommended. RAM: 512MB minimum - Recommended: 1GB Hard Drive Space: 500MB minimum free hard drive space required for full installation for ArchiCAD 8.1. Free hard disk space is required according to m...

Can iTunes from one laptop play music on another laptop's hard drive?
i have a macbook pro and an ibook both have bluetooth and airport extreme Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop? ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > i have a macbook pro and an ibook > > both have bluetooth and airport extreme > > Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT > laptop? > Yes, with some caveats. It depends on what you mean by "music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop". You can connect to participating iTunes instances in the same net, and stream music from that. ...

Need a USB hard drive for my laptop
Hi, I am looking for a USB external hard drive that allows me to transfer data between a Solaris 8 Sun blade and an XP laptop. Both machines have USB 2.0. Is it easy to set up? What model(s) would you recommend? Thanks for sharing your experience. HI, Steven Chan wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for a USB external hard drive that allows me to transfer > data between a Solaris 8 Sun blade and an XP laptop. Both machines > have USB 2.0. Is it easy to set up? What model(s) would you > recommend? Not supported yet. > > Thanks for sharing your experience. have you n...

Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive
Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive I need to locate an exact laptop hard drive. It's a Fujitsu 30 Gb, model MHS2030AT, the controller number is CA26317-B50204BA. I will pay top dollar, as I must have this exact drive. anyworld [at] lewiscounty [dot] com Chevy Monster wrote: > Need Specific Laptop Hard Drive > > I need to locate an exact laptop hard drive. > It's a Fujitsu 30 Gb, model MHS2030AT, > the controller number is CA26317-B50204BA. > I will pay top dollar, as I must have this exact drive. $59! http://www.computergiants.com/items/part_number.asp?part=MHS2030A...

External hard drive for two laptops
Hi everyone, I looking for some help in picking out an external hard drive that will suit my needs. I've read the literature online and need guidance from some one who is or has been in a similar situation. I have two laptops -- one that is personal Dell machine and the second is a work issued think pad. I want to be able to store files on an external hard drive (~300GB) such that the data stored on the drive can be accessed by both laptops. I plan to store music, video, pictures, etc. I'm thinking of the following configuration: 300 GB+ memory, 7200 RPM, 16 MB data buffer, with a USB interface. I can't figure out whether I will need a HD that has at least 2 USB ports? Do I? Will a hard drive that has only one USB port allow me to transfer data between my two laptops? My confusion is a bit compounded by the fact that apparently some HDs use two USB ports -- one for power and one for data. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Also, if you can recommend something that fits this spec I'd be very grateful. Thanks classinus "classinus" <firstsaurabh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153795505.022725.286330@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi everyone, > > I looking for some help in picking out an external hard drive that will > suit my needs. I've read the literature online and need guidance from > some one who is or has been in a similar situation. > > I have two laptops -- one that is personal Dell m...

Are laptop SATA hard drives interchangeable?
I recently searched for a replacement for the WD2500BEVS SATA hard drive on my Toshiba Satellite L305-S5933 laptop and made sure to Google for "replacement" during my search. I found one on Amazon but now I'm wondering if I could have gotten by more cheaply if I had chosen one of their other generic 2.5" 5400 rpm SATA drives as a replacement. Are laptop hard drives as interchangeable as they are on desktops? Thanks. On 11/01/11 12:53, M.L. wrote: > > I recently searched for a replacement for the WD2500BEVS SATA hard > drive on my Toshiba Satellite L305-S5933 laptop and made sure to > Google for "replacement" during my search. I found one on Amazon but > now I'm wondering if I could have gotten by more cheaply if I had > chosen one of their other generic 2.5" 5400 rpm SATA drives as a > replacement. Are laptop hard drives as interchangeable as they are on > desktops? Thanks. I keep different distros on their own drives. Even Windoze on one. Good for experimenting. Take the battery out before swapping. Hugh In news:b9koi61apnufscrjfpf2cqgract519rejs@4ax.com, M.L. typed on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 06:53:48 -0600: > I recently searched for a replacement for the WD2500BEVS SATA hard > drive on my Toshiba Satellite L305-S5933 laptop and made sure to > Google for "replacement" during my search. I found one on Amazon but > now I'm wondering if I could have gotten by more cheaply if I had > chos...

Need Seagate Laptop Hard Drive
I need a used or non-working Seagate Momentus 80GB ATA-100 Laptop Hard Drive (Model ST980815A - RK) or more specifically, the main circuit/connector board from one. If anyone knows where I might get my hands on one of these, it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and trouble - GW ...

External 3.5 drive on a laptop
Has any one experience of using cables from http://www.unitechelectronics.com/idecables.htm I was going to attach a 3.5 drive to my laptop and wanted to know if anyone had used these cables as opposed to a USB or Firewire type connection "Diego Arbe" <diegoarbe@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:0SH3d.12470$as2.9653@bignews3.bellsouth.net... > Why do you need any of these cables? > > > "emeraude" <emeraude@abc.def> wrote in message > news:cijfco$opp$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > > Has any one experience of using cables from > > h...

Need Seagate Laptop Hard Drive
I need a used or non-working Seagate Momentus 80GB ATA-100 Laptop Hard Drive (Model ST980815A - RK) or more specifically, the main circuit/connector board from one. If anyone knows where I might get my hands on one of these, it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and trouble - GW "Grayes Ghost" <gwoollum@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:E0HSg.15344$vi3.13775@bignews3.bellsouth.net... >I need a used or non-working Seagate Momentus 80GB ATA-100 Laptop Hard >Drive (Model ST980815A - RK) or more specifically, the main >circuit/conn...

Dell laptop to drive external LCD?
Consider a Dell with built-in video: Intel� Media Accelerator 950 Graphics, with WXGA+ at 1440x900. Outputs include 15-pin video port, S-video, firewire. What's my best connection to a desktop LCD? How large a display can that unit drive? Thanks! Ike wrote: > Consider a Dell with built-in video: Intel� Media Accelerator 950 > Graphics, with WXGA+ at 1440x900. Outputs include 15-pin video port, > S-video, firewire. > > What's my best connection to a desktop LCD? How large a display can that > unit drive? > > Thanks! Assuming an LCD computer monitor with a VGA (15pin analog) input -- there's no limit to the size aside from the amount of money in your wallet and/or the unused limit on your credit card. Make sure the sync rates are compatible at the resolution and color depth you wish to use. (Fly before you buy.) (:-) -- PJ ...

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

drive problems / smallish laptop hard drive for sale cheap?
So I just installed a 5300cs motherboard in my trusty old 190cs, wiped the drive and installed os9 and some Lucent wireless software, and all was right with the world. Then I installed a 3Com driver for my ethernet pcmcia card, and everything went south. Now I'm stuck with a 500 meg laptop hard drive that comes out clean according to both Disk Warrior and DFA, but won't find a system on it when you boot it on it's own - all it does is go spin*click*spin*click* on startup. So, as this is an original, 6+ year old hard drive, is anyone of an opinion that it might be savable, o...

Web resources about - Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive - comp.sys.laptops

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

BuzzFeed Tries Out an External Banner Ad
... the NBCUniversal streaming comedy service Seeso, over the weekend. The digital media site has long favored custom-made native ads over external ...

ASUS Booth Tour at CES 2016: 10G Switches, External GPU Dock, USB-C Monitor and more
When ASUS emailed a couple of weeks before CES announcing that they had cancelled their press event for the show, we had a few question marks. ...

AMD XConnect wants to make external GPUs easier to use
AMD has introduced XConnect, a form of driver-level support for external graphics cards, as part of its latest Radeon 16.3 driver. XConnect allows ...

Xiaomi's new Mi Powerbank Pro is a 10,000 mAh external battery with USB Type-C
... LG's G5 and Xiaomi's Mi 5 unveiled with USB Type-C. But, for consumers, having it on a new smartphone may actually be an issue. An external ...

Three external hard drives up to 5TB are on sale at deep discounts on Amazon
... it's always worth considering. Well wouldn't you know it, Amazon is currently offering bigger-than-normal discounts on three different external ...

Crisis management: 70% internal, 30% external
... the importance of that early experience. Today when I talk with executives about crisis management, their focus is almost exclusively external. ...

Gamers rejoice! AMD releases Thunderbolt 3 driver for external video cards
AMD has issued a driver update that will allow ultrathin notebooks or 2-in-1 laptops to connect via Thunderbolt 3 to external GPU enclosures ...

Merkel on refugee crisis: ‘We need protection of external borders’
“It is good if EU and Turkey share the burden, but we need protection of external borders,” said German Chancellor Angela Merkel on her arrival ...