PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #2

Hi,

I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150).
The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the
card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off.  I tried the
second slot, with the same effect.  I also tried booting with the card
already inserted, but it powers off during boot.  I'm using WinXP, and
have the appropriate drivers installed.  Yesterday, I tried taking out
my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the
battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on
boot.  Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the
computer again!

Here's a link to the card I'm using:
http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html

Can anyone help me out?  Thanks!

0
adberry (6)

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! ...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #3
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! adberry@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). > The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the > card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the > second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card > already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and > have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out > my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the > battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on > boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the > com...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

2 Port USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA) not recognized by Windows Explorer
Hi, I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was related to power source. (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks has... therefore, not useful...) I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600. Looks like installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I ins...

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

[ANN] locale-2.0.2, locale_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-Locale(locale-2.0.2) and Ruby-Locale for Ruby on Rails(locale_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-Locale is the library to manage/detect various format of locale IDs(language tags), and provide ISO 639-3, ISO-3166 data. * locale - Manage Locale IDs, Auto-detect locales. ISO-639-3, 3166 data. * locale_rails - Rails support with locale Changes ------- == locale-2.0.2 * Add Locale.set_app_language_tags to restrict the target locales whole the application. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * locale/driver/cgi.rb: Add Locale.set_request. * sample/rack: Add a sample for rack....

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card
Hi all, I just bought a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card for my Thinkpad T30 and I guess it needs a driver for it. Is there a generic driver that will enable it to work under OS/2? I looked at the software choice website and its not obvious to me that this driver actually exists. Any help appreciated Cheng-Yang Tan Sir: Cheng-Yang Tan wrote: > Hi all, I just bought a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card for my Thinkpad T30 and I > guess it needs a driver for it. Is there a generic driver that will > enable it to work under OS/2? I looked at the software choice website > and its not obvious to me that th...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card
I am attempting to use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card in my ThinkPad 600E so I can utilize a USB 2.0/FireWire external DVD/CD burner. Until now the only PCMCIA card I have been using is a 3COM EtherLink III LAN card. When I plug the card in the system beeps, but the card director shows only the LAN card in the other slot. HCIMONIT also fails to show any USB 2.0 controller. What additional resources do I need to get this to work? I am able to use it from Windows 98 on this unit, so I know it is functional. Is there any information, etc. that I can crib from Win98 to get it working under OS/2? -- Dave ----------------------------------------------------------- dhdurgee<at>verizon<dot>net ----------------------------------------------------------- me@privacy.net schrieb: >I am attempting to use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card in my ThinkPad 600E so I can >utilize a USB 2.0/FireWire external DVD/CD burner. Until now the only >PCMCIA card I have been using is a 3COM EtherLink III LAN card. When I >plug the card in the system beeps, but the card director shows only the >LAN card in the other slot. HCIMONIT also fails to show any USB 2.0 >controller. > >What additional resources do I need to get this to work? I am able to use >it from Windows 98 on this unit, so I know it is functional. Is there any >information, etc. that I can crib from Win98 to get it working under OS/2? > >-- Dave >-------------------------...

Connector to USB 2.0 Cable USB Power Adapter Polishing cloth Works with Many GSM carriers including: AT&T #2
(paypal payment)(www.goodsaler.com ) Brand NEW 16GB iPhones (Unlocked) with Newest Firmware Version 1.1.4. Stereo Headset with mic Dock Dock Connector to USB 2.0 Cable USB Power Adapter Polishing cloth Works with Many GSM carriers including: AT&T GSM Cingular GSM T-Mobile Rogers Wireles Fido Vodaphone Orange O2 any other GSM carriers Worldwide Comes new in original box and all accessories. (paypal payment)(www.goodsaler.com ) spam ...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card for a TiBook
Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with a USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card for a TiBook? I've found a few that advertise OS X support, but personal recommendations are always cool. I'm running 10.3.2/Panther. Thanks in advance... Duke ...

NEC USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card?
Hello, did anyone get the above to work in Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop? All I can get it to do is deliver power, if I insert a 4GB usb stick into the one of the USB 2.0 slots nothing happens. Its the same with USB Wifi stick. If I attach the powercable to an onboard usb 1.1 port and then to the card, then it will find the usb stick but shortly after it will disconnect it again. The card works fine in XP, also without the powercable. Though if I want to attach USB HDD then I need the powercable attached:) I use it on a IBM Thinkpad 770Z http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:770Z There is a ...

Power rating on Laptop USB ports #2
Are all USB 2.0 ports on Laptops rated at 500ma? I have several Freecom USB 2 drives that require a 500ma port - so they will run without need of a power supply thanks Clive ...

computers and laptops #2 #2
my site have all the latest information about larest models of desktop and laptops computers and accessorries do visit it. http://acr-computerandlaptops.blogspot.com/ ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

USB 2.0 #2
I have a new board I need to interface with that is a USB 2.0 interface. Can someone offer me a few pointers on how one goes about interfacing to a USB 2.0 device in Linux using Tcl. I believe the interface is essentially the /proc/bus/usb filesystem. Charles Krinke "cfk" <CfkAlterEgo@pacbell.net>, In a message on Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:13:09 GMT, wrote : "> I have a new board I need to interface with that is a USB 2.0 interface. Can "> someone offer me a few pointers on how one goes about interfacing to a USB "> 2.0 device in Linux using Tcl. I be...

Power requirements of 2 1/2" laptop hard disks??
Hi, all. Quick question: I have a 2 1/2" hard disk in a USB chassis, and want to power it with an AC adapter. The USB chassis calls for 5 volts, and my AC adapter has settings for 4.5 or 6 volts. I expect I'll use 4.5 volts. As to amperage, my AC adapter can be set to 100 or 300mA. I see no amperage recommendations on either the chassis or the drive. Am I better off setting the AC adapter to 100mA or 300mA? Background: I have a car stereo with a USB port. It can (theoretically) read an entire FAT32 filesystem. I recently bought a used 40GB drive, and a USB chassis....

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Tale of the 2 laptops #2
Hi folks Need some advice about a laptop with a broken factory seal. We got a toshiba laptop from bestbuy a few days ago. However a few days later we found a better deal on the same laptop at CompUSA and bought the same model toshiba. The latter laptop seems to have the toshiba factory seal broken and then *cleverly* resealed. Now I am in a dilema about which one to keep. The difference in price is 10%. Anyone has the inside scoop on this ? In one scenario I can think of, the CompUSA laptop is a returned item - maybe due to too many dead LCD pixels. The store decided to simply reseal and res...

devpi-{server-2.2.2,web-2.4.0,client-2.3.0} releases
We just released devpi-server-2.2.2, devpi-web-2.4.0 and devpi-client-2.3.0, core parts of the private pypi package management and testing system. Among the highlights are support for distributed testing with "devpi test --detox", new status pages at "/+status" for replica and master sites and support for configuring upload formats when running "devpi upload". None of the changes require an export/import cycle on the server side if you used devpi-server-2.2.X before. However, please read the respective changelog entries below for some notes and poten...

Any USB 2.0 PCMCIA cards for 5.4?
I've tried Adaptec and Compusa store brand, and they both seem to work in USB 1 mode only. Anyone know one that gives full 2.0 speed and support? Thanks, Ted Ted Nolan <tednolan> <ted@loft.tnolan.com> wrote: : I've tried Adaptec and Compusa store brand, and they both seem to work : in USB 1 mode only. Anyone know one that gives full 2.0 speed and : support? : FreeBSD 5.x, according to the ECHI man page, doesn't work well with USB 2.0. Supposed to work much better in 6.0. That has been my experince - USB 1.1 is fine, USB 2.0 is not too good. Bruce -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX. - Thuganlitha The Power and the Prophet Robert Don Hughes In article <djmpmj04j1@enews1.newsguy.com>, Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net> wrote: > > >Ted Nolan <tednolan> <ted@loft.tnolan.com> wrote: >: I've tried Adaptec and Compusa store brand, and they both seem to work >: in USB 1 mode only. Anyone know one that gives full 2.0 speed and >: support? >: > FreeBSD 5.x, according to the ECHI man page, doesn't > work well with USB 2.0. Supposed to work much better in > 6.0. > > That has been my experince - USB 1.1 is fine, USB 2.0 > is not too good. > > Bruce Hmm, oh ...

USB 2.0 PCMCIA card and Compaq Presario 2197
Hi, Anybody got Presario 2197 (which has USB 1.1 built in) working with a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card? I tried three different cards but can only get a speed of a couple of times of USB 1.1. Even worse is that an external hard drive (AcomData) can't be even recognized by any of the cards and the laptop willl freeze a few seconds after. The cards all work fine with a 3-4 year old IBM laptop. So I think this is a problem of my Presario. I have sent my laptop to HP for service for two times but they didn't fix it. A few days ago I called again and they refused to service, claiming that this is ...

Web resources about - PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #2 - comp.sys.laptops

Insertion loss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Insertion at Sunrise - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Marines with Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, insert into Tagvreshk Village by CH-53E Super Stallion helicopters during a mission ...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 now features a warning about backwards S Pen insertion
Not too long after Samsung's Galaxy Note 5 was released to the masses, many consumers began trying to insert the S Pen in their devices the wrong ...

Microsoft updates OneNote for iOS and Mac with OneDrive access, file insertion, more
Microsoft on Tuesday rolled out a major update to its Apple-centric OneNote product line, adding new features like access to notes stored in ...

Optomeditech Helps Solve Catheter Insertion & Grabs $2.5 Million From Lifeline And Sitra
... is as high as 30%. That means injury, extra costs for equipment, lost time. All of which matters a lot in healthcare. “Every catheter insertion ...

Steam vulnerability can lead to remote insertion of malicious code
Aurich Lawson Millions of Steam users are potentially vulnerable to a newly disclosed attack method that exploits a hole in the way Steam commands ...

eBay Sees E-Commerce Growth Slowing In ’08; To Unveil Plans To Cut Insertion Fees, Raise Final Value ...
The economy, you will not be shocked to learn, can affect eBay. In an interview this afternoon with Tech Trader Daily, eBay CFO Bob Swan says ...

Why Understanding the Value of Dynamic Ad Insertion is so Important to Content Owners and Broadcasters ...
Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) is a concept that has been discussed in the cable TV industry for years. The reason is simpleDAI has the potential ...

Toshiba Unveils SOI Process Achieving the Lowest-class Insertion Loss in the Industry for RF Switches ...
... for RF switch applications in smartphones that achieve TarfSOI front-end process optimized for RF switches, achieves the lowest-class insertion ...

Democrats Booed Re-Insertion of God, Affirmation of Israel's Capital in Platform
-By Warner Todd Huston Earlier in the day on Wednesday, the Democrat Party suffered two embarrassments over its platform by the elimination both ...