Toshiba laptop - how to upgrade to USB 2.0?

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301 with XP Pro installed. How do I
upgrade to USB 2.0? Is it a matter of just downloading a driver, or do I need
to buy a card? I tried downloading Win XP Service Pack 1a, which has a USB 2
driver, but for some reason it will never finish downloading. The download
screen shows "100% completed", but then it just hangs and does not write the
file to my HD. Any suggestions? Thanks.
0
maw888 (3)

"Maw888" <maw888@aol.comnospam> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301 with XP Pro installed. How do I
> upgrade to USB 2.0? Is it a matter of just downloading a driver, or do I
need
> to buy a card? I tried downloading Win XP Service Pack 1a, which has a USB
2
> driver, but for some reason it will never finish downloading. The download
> screen shows "100% completed", but then it just hangs and does not write
the
> file to my HD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

USB2.0 is a hardware thing, so you need to by a PC-Card.

Zulu

0
zulu1 (20)

Upgrade laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock In news:477d8500$0$32673$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au, Rock typed on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:57:43 +1100: > Hi, > > I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. > > It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that > one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT > have a PMCIA slot. > Any help here please. > > It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, > Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. > > It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. > > Thanks for any help. > > > rock Wow, you are kidding, right? Something with 2.4GHZ with 1GB.... whoa wait! 1MB of RAM? You mean 1GB right? With a 1MB, that would be like a 286 or a 386 (and some 486) machines made over 15 years ago. Oh with a 20GB HD... well that would put it about when the change over from USB1 to USB2 had taken place (2000-2002 era). No PCMCIA slot you say? Btw, a lot of people call them PC Card slots nowadays. I personally don't go for the i...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #2
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! ...

laptop usb 1.1 + scanner usb 2.0 + modem ADSL = ?????!!!!!*****
I have a laptop with a single USB 1.1 port. My new scanner (Epson 3170 usb 2.0) works fine with it and so does my ADSL modem but both can't work together. I have tried to make them "cooperate" with a Sitecom Usb pocket hub which needs an external power adapter and of course it doesn't work without it; do you think it would work if I had one? Or is there any other possibility (Pcmcia/usb card for example)? Thank you for your future wise advice. Good chance powered hub will work, but not guaranteed. Is your modem USB only? If ethernet also, as one more option, y...

can I enhance usb capabilities of my laptop thru a port replicator with usb-2.0?
Hi I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support? I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable hard disk to usb-2.0 ports. TYIA, Sree Sreekumar <sreekumar@postmark.net> wrote: : Hi : I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a : compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking : connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support? : I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes : make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable : hard disk to usb-2.0 ports. What operating system are you using? You need USB 2.0 drivers as wellas the hardware. Are you sure you have the correct drivers installed for the new USB card? If you have Windows XP, it's probably already done. On something older like Windows 98, could be more difficult. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- ******************************************************************* ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address ******************************************************************* No, a USB hub won't change USB 1.0 into 2.0, if connected to a US...

Will this add USB 2.0 to my laptop?
Saw this http://www.startech.com/ststore/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=CBUSB2&topbar=topba rio.htm Its a 3 port Card Bus Notebook USB 2.0 card. Will this work on my inspiron 8200 laptop which is USB 1.1? And will it mean that it will become USB 2.0? Have heard that there may be issues if I use the 1.1 device at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. Was thinking of buying a USB hub but this seems even better for the same price. Any other suggestions? Bob. It should work, however you need to load the WINXP SP1 update, if you are using WINXP, or load the 98SE USB2 drivers if not. I use a Belkin USB2 cardbus on my laptop and it works without problems. On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:08:27 +0100, "Bob Regis" <ankitkantREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote: >Saw this >http://www.startech.com/ststore/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=CBUSB2&topbar=topba >rio.htm > >Its a 3 port Card Bus Notebook USB 2.0 card. > >Will this work on my inspiron 8200 laptop which is USB 1.1? > >And will it mean that it will become USB 2.0? > >Have heard that there may be issues if I use the 1.1 device at the same >time. Any help would be appreciated. > >Was thinking of buying a USB hub but this seems even better for the same >price. > >Any other suggestions? > >Bob. > > > ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

usb 2.0 cardbus hangs laptop (ehci problem)
Hi, I have just upgraded to debian testing (latest kernel) on my old laptop. I hoped the newest kernel would solve this issue, but it's still here. I am trying to use a pcmcia (cardbus) usb 2.0 card. It's found & usb driver are loaded. (see next). But when I connect an usb2.0 device (such as dvb-t card) the laptop hangs until I remove the card. Googling I've found a similar problem, and it pointed to the ehci. disabling ehci (removing the kernel driver after plugging in the card) solves the hangs. But this way I have a usb1.1 and I need a 2.0 for the tv card. any idea? these are the log files: lspci -n 06:00.0 0c03: 10b9:5237 (rev 03) 06:00.3 0c03: 10b9:5239 (rev 01) lspci -v 06:00.0 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 10 [OHCI]) Subsystem: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 16, IRQ 11 Memory at 26000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K] Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2 06:00.3 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 2.0 Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 20 [EHCI]) Subsystem: ALi Corporation USB 2.0 Controller Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11 Memory at 26001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256] Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2 Capabilities: [58] Debug port dmesg pccard: CardBus card inserted into slot 1 PCI: Enabling device 0000:06:00.3 (0000 -> 000...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! ...

Laptop Drives for USB 2.0 (4200 v. 5400)
I've been looking for information about USB 2.0 performance using external 5400 rpm 2-1/2" drives versus 4200. I'm inclinded to believe that there would be little difference in performance for backing up large images. Has anyone seen any info or had experience with this? Thanks. > I've been looking for information about USB 2.0 performance using > external 5400 rpm 2-1/2" drives versus 4200. I'm inclinded to believe > that there would be little difference in performance for backing up > large images. Has anyone seen any info or had experience ...

Re: Linux 9.0 and Older Toshiba Laptop #2
You're biggest problem is memory. Can you add any? Hardware requirements SUSE LINUX Desktop is suitable for all common PC hardware. The following requirements should be met to ensure a smooth operation: Processor: * Intel: Celeron, Pentium. to Pentium. 4, Xeon. * AMD: K6/II/III, Duron(tm), Athlon(tm), Athlon(tm) XP/MP * IBM * 286, 386, 486 and Cyrix processors are not supported Main memory: * At least 64 MB are required for the installation with YaST2 in graphical mode; 128 MB or more recommended Hard disk * up to more than 3 GB (Personal Edition)for the installation of all packages; 2 GB or more recommended * LBA48 hard disks are supported Graphics cards * SUSE LINUX Desktop comes with drivers for common cards including the following: o ATI: Radeon 9000/9500/9700 o nVidia: GeForce 4, GeForce FX o Matrox: G450/G550 ISA plug & play cards * ISA plug & play cards may have to be configured manually. [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, I dunno ... I have a vague memory of attempting to run the Knoppix CD (wherever it is) on the Toshiba a couple years ago and it only got mostly installed but then stalled on me. But I did have Win 95 on the machine at that time, which has now been removed totally (total disk format, etc). I wonder if I should do a total format once again and get Win 98 out of the way on that machine before starting, or will it a...

usb 2.0 cardbus hangs laptop (ehci problem)
Hi, I have just upgraded to debian testing (latest kernel) on my old laptop. I hoped the newest kernel would solve this issue, but it's still here. I am trying to use a pcmcia (cardbus) usb 2.0 card. It's found & usb driver are loaded. (see next). But when I connect an usb2.0 device (such as dvb-t card) the laptop hangs until I remove the card. Googling I've found a similar problem, and it pointed to the ehci. disabling ehci (removing the kernel driver after plugging in the card) solves the hangs. But this way I have a usb1.1 and I need a 2.0 for the tv card. any idea? thes...

Digital TV on a laptop through USB 2.0 device, does it work for anyone here?
Would like to hear from anyone having good results viewing this. I have a Toshiba M35X with integrated video, and it has trouble playing back some high-resolution, high-motion videos from its own hard drive, so I imagine this would even be worse playing back a digital video image filtered through its USB port. The varous websites touting digital TV adaptors are all a bit coy on the quality of display produced on laptops, and some specify that integrated graphics cards won't work. Frozen or pixilated images really ruin my experience of watching TV on a laptop. I can receive a dozen digital stations OTA at home, and I have been thinking that a USB ATSC & NTSC receiver might be a substitute from a set-top box digital/analog converter for my old analog TV, in addition to being of use when away from home. The groups and sites dedicated to digital TV are not very helpful in getting this kind of information. On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 04:04:02 GMT, "ArtFD" <adembinski@hotmail.com> wrote: >Would like to hear from anyone having good results viewing this. I have a >Toshiba M35X with integrated video, and it has trouble playing back some >high-resolution, high-motion videos from its own hard drive, so I imagine >this would even be worse playing back a digital video image filtered through >its USB port. The varous websites touting digital TV adaptors are all a >bit coy on the quality of display produced on laptops, ...

PCMCIA USB 2.0 card powers down laptop on insertion #3
Hi, I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the computer again! Here's a link to the card I'm using: http://www.syba.com/product/43/05/02/index.html Can anyone help me out? Thanks! adberry@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I recently bought a this usb card for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150). > The thing worked fine for about a week, but now whenever I insert the > card into the slot, the computer instantly shuts off. I tried the > second slot, with the same effect. I also tried booting with the card > already inserted, but it powers off during boot. I'm using WinXP, and > have the appropriate drivers installed. Yesterday, I tried taking out > my laptop battery, thinking it was some sort of power problem (as the > battery is old and decaying anyway) , and the card worked again on > boot. Today, I did the same thing, and the card now shuts off the > com...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

2.8GHz Toshiba Laptop Only �20 #2
Hi All If anyone is intrested in getting a laptop or Mobile Phone for only �20 then please visit here http://www.manicmatrix.co.uk/index1.htm?refid=44051 Thank you ...

Change laptop USB 1 to USB 2
Hi, I wish to change my laptop with a USB 1 to USB2. It does have a free mini PCI slot inside and I have been told that one can upgrade to usb2 by putting a usb pci card in. It does NOT have a PMCIA slot. Any help here please. It is a non brand with the number N34AS1. I believe it is a Clevo, Highlander or one of the many brands these came out as. It is 2.4 CPU with 1MB ram and 20 GB hard drive. Thanks for any help. rock ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window v...

toshiba laptop #2
Hello, I have recently been given an older Toshiba laptop, TecraS2. This system runs Xp pro,1.5gigs of ram(pc2700) and is a Mobile Intel Pentium M-750 @1.86ghz. The catch is the thing wont run. The power comes on and I can hear the harddrive running and the cpu fan spins, but no display and no sound. I have tried to boot from a Windows XP disk, but no joy. I have tried to hook it up to an external monitor and still no screen. The HD has been swapped out , no luck with that. I have also tested the voltage on the cmos battery and its at 3v. Got any ideas as to why this LT wont boot up , I would like to hear them. I have posted this already in another group, but this one may be a bit more specialzed. thanks in advance for you help and support. ..-J On Nov 20, 1:58=A0pm, jinxy <willand...@rogers.com> wrote: > Hello, I have recently been given an older Toshiba laptop, TecraS2. > This system runs Xp pro,1.5gigs of ram(pc2700) and is a Mobile Intel > Pentium M-750 @1.86ghz. The catch is the thing wont run. The power > comes on and I can hear the harddrive running and the cpu fan spins, > but no display and no sound. I have tried to boot from a Windows XP > disk, but no joy. I have tried to hook it up to an external monitor > and still no screen. The HD has been swapped out , no luck with that. > =A0I have also tested the voltage on the cmos battery and its at 3v. > Got any ideas as to why this LT wont boot up , I would like to hear > them. I h...

after upgrade 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2
I had 10.2.0.1 RAC installation in Redhat EL4. Everything run fine. I did upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 today. I did clusterware first and RAC second. Both are successful. After that, I run catupgrd.sql in my database. Afterward, my database won't start. If I used srvctl start database -d name, then I got CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.....inst' error. If I use sqlplus, I can do startup mount, but not open. Please help! Happy On Mar 22, 1:32 pm, "Happy" <Haibin.T...@gmail.com> wrote: > I had 10.2.0.1 RAC installation in Redhat EL4. Everything run ...

9.2.0.6 upgrade to 10.2.0.2
Hey all, I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should you wait until after the database has been upgraded? tnx. On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey all, > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > 10.2.0.2 Oracl...

Upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.0.3/4 (286+287 with 1MB)
hello i have sucessfull installed Minix 2.0.0 on my Intel 286-12 with 287 on 1 MB RAM. I first want to install 2.0.3 but it don't work. even with rootdev=bootdev OR rootdev=fd0 OR rootdev=/dev/fd0 and so on i always got "File System Panic: Cannot open root device" with 2.0.0 everything works (nearly) perfekt. So is there another way to update ? Can i just compile the 2.0.3 kernel on my 2.0 ? (of course with the new src-path) I also want to use the system in my LAN. Is it correct that only 2.0.4 can handle NE2000-cards ? Because it's my only ISA-RJ45 card :( friendly greet...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

FS: 2 sticks of 256MB Kingston RAM for Toshiba Laptop
I just bought a new Toshiba Satellite Laptop two weeks ago (Oct. 15, 2003), and I upgraded my RAM to 1Gb. So, I have two extra sticks of 256MB Kingston RAM to sell. There are good for all Satellite Series. -> Enhance your notebook with 256 MB of additional memory -> Kingston Technology is the official designer and manufacturer of memory modules and memory upgrades for the entire series of Toshiba notebook computers -> Kingston memory products are designed to meet the specifications requirements of each system designed by Toshiba Price: 2 for $130 CDN 1 for...

Web resources about - Toshiba laptop - how to upgrade to USB 2.0? - comp.sys.laptops

Toshiba Tablet
Check out the new Toshiba Thrive™!

Toshiba Direct - Buy Laptop Computer Systems and Accessories
Shop for and buy the best laptop computer systems, PCs and accessories at Toshiba Direct. Computing solutions for any home, school, small or ...

Toshiba Satellite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. The Toshiba ...

Toshiba Forums - Toshiba Forums
Forums.Toshiba.com Support Home - Contact Us - Toshiba Laptops - Toshiba TVs Product Support - Download - Repair - Warranty - Communicate - Virtual ...

Laptops & Notebook Computers - Toshiba
Explore Toshiba's innovative laptops and notebook computers from Satellite to Qosmio. Find the best laptop for your home, business, mobile or ...

Leading Innovation & Technology - Toshiba
Official website for Toshiba UK. Laptops, Tablets, Televisions, DVD. Blu-Ray, Camcorders and Much More. Toshiba, Leading Innovation.

HD Televisions - 3D Televisions - Smart Televisions - Toshiba
From stunning 3D, LED and Smart TVs to 3D Blu-ray Players, Toshiba’s Home Entertainment range provides the best digital entertainment regardless ...

Toshiba laptops (@toshibalaptops) on Twitter