Webcam problem on HP probook 450-G2

Just commissioning a new HP Probook 450-G2 - all seems OK except that
when testing the webcam's video on Skype, the image in Skype's
mini-screen has some kind of interference pattern over it.

Can anyone throw any light on this, please?

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)      Registered Linux User #487649

More HP laptop problems
I finally gave up on repairing the failed battery charging circuitry on my two year old HP Pavilion ZT1135 - way too expensive at $500 plus. So I purchased a new HP Pavilion ZV5220US, only to discover that it has problems too. The problem I encountered is a flawed HP driver update that is needed before installing Service Pack 2.. The driver is one created by HP, not Microsoft. There are several drivers from HP that need to be installed before some of the HP features can run under Service Pack 2. Only one of the drivers seemed to be flawed. After downloading these HP-recommended drivers...

More HP laptop problems
I finally gave up on repairing the failed battery charging circuitry on my two year old HP Pavilion ZT1135 - way too expensive at $500 plus. So I purchased a new HP Pavilion ZV5220US, only to discover that it has problems too. The problem I encountered is a flawed HP driver update that is needed before installing Service Pack 2.. The driver is one created by HP, not Microsoft. There are several drivers from HP that need to be installed (according to HP) before some of the HP features can run under Service Pack 2. Only one of the drivers seem to be flawed, but it is a disaster. After do...

laptop not charging, power supply problem or laptop problem?
I have a five year old Compaq Presario M2000 laptop that will not charge or run on ac power anymore. It still powers up fine on battery power, but once the battery runs out, it'll be over... I have had issues in the past with the power connector on this laptop, but was always able to fix the problem by resoldering the connector to the board. This time, no luck. I'm wondering if the power adapter may now be bad. But I hate to spend $40+ on a new power adapter (or more for a universal adapter) without knowing for sure that is the problem. Is there a way to test the power adapter? I...

HP laptop keyboard problem
The Num Lock key, besides changing the numbers to arrow keys, also affects the main keyboard. J = 1, K = 2, L = 3, U = 4, etc. I searched online and found a suggestion to hit Fn-NumLock or Fn-Shift-NumLock, but this doesn't help. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Craig On Friday, March 2, 2012 7:44:26 PM UTC-6, Williams wrote: > The Num Lock key, besides changing the numbers to arrow keys, also affects > the main keyboard. J = 1, K = 2, L = 3, U = 4, etc. > > I searched online and found a suggestion to hit Fn-NumLock or > Fn-Shift-NumLock, but this doesn't help...

HP Laptop connection problem
Hi Trying to sort out a problem on a HP laptop. Router is a Wireless Belkin 1001UK which is working 100% The laptop will not connect to the internet. Wireless networks connection dialogue box reports the connection requires a network key (wpa) but also shows the connection 'Connected'. Pressing the disconnect button results in the connection searching for a network, finding the Belkin and immediately reporting the machine 'Connected'. The wireless networking icon is showing trying to get it's IP address from the router but never being able to. This h...

Problem with DesignJet 450 (HP)
Hello I am having problems with printing to a designjet 450 even though it has full ink cartridges. Win NT 4. Regardless of program. What should I do? TIA Matti "Matti Overmark" <matti.overmark@www.com> wrote in message news:b1a4e204.0310170238.71b39cc1@posting.google.com... > Hello > > I am having problems with printing to a designjet 450 even though it > has full ink cartridges. > > Win NT 4. Regardless of program. > > What should I do? > Tell use exately what the problems are for a start, then one of the experts on...

XP Problem on my HP Laptop
I have a HP Pavilion Laptop on which I running Windows XP. Recently, just when I get to my desktop I get a message stating: "loader.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I click on the do not send report option, my computer goes to the desktop, and everything seems to be fine from that point on! My questions are: 1. what does the loader.exe actually do? 2. how to I fix this so that I won't continue to get the warning each time I turn on my machine? Thanks for any help in advance! -- See You On The Net! Jon(athan) T. Evans Jefferson, Md. This se...

HP Laptop connection problem
Hi Trying to sort out a problem on a HP laptop. Router is a Wireless Belkin 1001UK which is working 100% The laptop will not connect to the internet. Wireless networks connection dialogue box reports the connection requires a network key (wpa) but also shows the connection 'Connected'. Pressing the disconnect button results in the connection searching for a network, finding the Belkin and immediately reporting the machine 'Connected'. The wireless networking icon is showing trying to get it's IP address from the router but never being able to. This h...

Display problem HP Laptop
WinXP Home SP2 HP Pavilion Notebook zt1150 15 in. LCD screen I recently started up my laptop and the display won't fill the entire screen. It's stuck at 640 x 480 and 4 bit Color Quality (lowest). I can change the resolution to 1024 x 768 in 32 bit color, but when I click Apply, it goes back to 640. I tried the Troubleshoot option, but none of the Help suggestions worked. The correct display driver is installed, the S3 Graphics Twister 0020103C (Microsoft Corporation). I uninstalled that and reinstalled the driver. I also tried installing the older S3 driver that came w...

HP Laptop Powerjack Problem
I fix the HP Powerjack Problem for people that Live in the UK o Willing to pay Towards Return Postage. My initial charge is �80 an max �100 depending on Complications. the Laptop needs Tota dissasembly and soldering I also use Epoxy to bond of Powerjack fo strenght. The job takes me about 2 hours. I do a good Job and prou of it. Send me a reply or email colin@truestate.com Coli And i do a Special for Free, I take snap shots with Camera to show yo the insides of Your System and to show trhe actual problem. People have done it to in the past Love it to bits so i kept it up. It show you how m...

XP Problem on my HP Laptop
What does the loader.exe do running Windows XP on a HP Pavillion laptop computer? Whenever I boot up my computer, when I get to the desktop I get a message stating: "loader.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I click on "Do Not Send Report" everything runs smooth from that point. How do I fix this problem? Thanks in advance! -- See You On The Net! Jon(athan) T. Evans Jefferson, Md. In article <blso2p$pff$2@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>, Jon Evans <jonevans@wolfe.umd.edu> wrote: > What does the loader.exe do running Windows XP on a ...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

problems replacing display of HP laptop ...
while changing a broken screen of an HP pavilion DV5 laptop, I only changed the screen itself and left the connectors and web cam of the previous screen (model number LTN154T07-002) since they are the same model (right?) and the connectors (to me) "looked and plugged" exactly the same. ~ http://hsymbolicus.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=474 ~ However, I did a test half way through and noticed that the new screen was very dark ~ Why is that? ~ thanks lbrtchx On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:08:12 +0000 (UTC), qwertmonkey@syberianoutpost.ru wrote: > while changing...

Web resources about - Webcam problem on HP probook 450-G2 - comp.sys.laptops

Cheque use declining but fraud still a problem
Cheques account for less than 5 per cent of non-cash transactions in Australia but last year there were nearly 200 cheque fraud offences

No shuttle? No problem. Space City’s new carrier aircraft exhibit soars
Independence sits atop the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. (credit: Lee Hutchinson) HOUSTON—It was the bitterest of pills for Houston, the home of ...

Existing Home Sales Bounce Essentially a Mirage; Supply Drops to 11-Year Low: Is that a Problem?
Home Sales Mirage Bounce December existing Home Sales bounced a whopping 14.7% from November's dismal showing. But most of that bounce was a ...

Complaining About Social Media? You’re Part Of The Problem.
... for following people back. If anything, this “quid pro quo” thing we’ve created on social networks is part of what has created the very problem ...

Tesla had problems with its Falcon Wing doors — but crazy car doors have a long history
... associated with putting together doors as complex as those found the X. As it turns out, Tesla did indeed encounter for than a few problems ...

The Problem Is Power Itself
... to ensure that only the ‘right’ people control state power, but by reducing state power itself. Put differently, the fundamental problem is ...

Viola Davis: The problem isn’t the Oscars, the problem is the whole industry
... her anger and sadness at the system that devalues her as a woman and as an artist. So, Viola has chimed in about #OscarsSoWhite. “The problem ...

IDG Contributor Network: The machine learning problem of the next decade
A few months ago, my company, CrowdFlower, ran a machine learning competition on Kaggle . It perfectly highlighted the biggest opportunity (and ...

Bill Maher Whitesplains Hollywood’s Diversity Problem: It’s China’s Fault
Hush, hush now Charlotte , Bill Maher has some whitesplaining to do. Hollywood’s diversity problem, said the host on last night’s Real Time With ...