What to use for laptop laptopping?

My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
of plywood I'm using now?

-1

Peabody wrote:
> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
> of plywood I'm using now?

Something like this?

http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

--
Notan
-1
Notan wrote:
> Peabody wrote:
>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so
>> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of
>> plywood I'm using now?
>
> Something like this?
>
> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

Here's another:

http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html

--
Notan
1
Notan wrote:
> Notan wrote:
>> Peabody wrote:
>>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
>>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
>>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
>>> of plywood I'm using now?
>>
>> Something like this?
>>
>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
>
> Here's another:
>
> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html

Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very* inexpensive.

OK, I'm done! <g>

--
Notan
0
aptops

> Notan wrote:
>> Notan wrote:
>>>
>>> Something like this?
>>>
>>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
>>
>> Here's another:
>>
>> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html
>
> Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very* inexpensive.
>
> OK, I'm done! <g>
>
> --
> Notan

I went to the local department store and picked up a cutting board to set
my laptop on.  Amazingly, the fit was nearly perfect...

-- Bob

0
odd_bob (24)
1/19/2007 2:41:59 AM
In article <geTrh.21213$cv2.2413@newsfe13.lga>,
Peabody  <waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote:
>My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
>so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
>everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
>of plywood I'm using now?

I use a clipboard.

Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
Notan says...

 >>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

 >> Here's another:

 >> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html

 > Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very*
 > inexpensive.

 > OK, I'm done! <g>

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

I wonder if Plexiglas would work with an optical mouse.  I
know mine won't work on regular glass.  Well, maybe there's
an opaque version that would work.

I really hate the touchpad, so I use a mouse all the time.
And I think that means the official lap pads wouldn't be
good choices, because there needs to be some mousing area on
the right side.  But I'll look over those links.  Thanks
again.

Odd Bob says...

 > I went to the local department store and picked up a
 > cutting board to set my laptop on.  Amazingly, the fit
 > was nearly perfect...

That's an interesting idea.  They have plastic cutting
boards, don't they?  Maybe I could find one that would give
me some mouse area on the right side.

Thanks for the idea.

Peabody wrote:
> Notan says...
>
>  >>> Something like this?
>
>  >>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
>
>  >> Here's another:
>
>  >> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html
>
>  > Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very*
>  > inexpensive.
>
>  > OK, I'm done! <g>
>
> Thanks very much for the suggestions.
>
> I wonder if Plexiglas would work with an optical mouse.  I
> know mine won't work on regular glass.  Well, maybe there's
> an opaque version that would work.
>
> I really hate the touchpad, so I use a mouse all the time.
> And I think that means the official lap pads wouldn't be
> good choices, because there needs to be some mousing area on
> the right side.  But I'll look over those links.  Thanks
> again.

In addition to clear, Plexiglas is also available in a plethora
of colors, many of them solid.

--
Notan
0

"Peabody" <waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
> of plywood I'm using now?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:36:49 -0600, Peabody
<waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Notan says...

> >> Here's another:
>
> >> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html
>
> > Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very*
> > inexpensive.
>
> > OK, I'm done! <g>
>
>Thanks very much for the suggestions.
>
>I wonder if Plexiglas would work with an optical mouse.  I
>know mine won't work on regular glass.  Well, maybe there's
>an opaque version that would work.
>
>I really hate the touchpad, so I use a mouse all the time.
>And I think that means the official lap pads wouldn't be
>good choices, because there needs to be some mousing area on
>the right side.  But I'll look over those links.  Thanks
>again.

Clear plexi won't work, or at least I can say for sure that it didn't
work for me even when it was placed over a piece of furniture.
0
jtees4 (19)

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Using HP zd7000 laptop adapter on zd8000 laptop
Hi, Is it possible to use the HP 135W AC Adapter for HP Pavilion zd7000, zv5000, and zx5000 http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?product_code=DR912A%23ABA on my zd8000 adapter? The good thing is that they are the same input/output rating. The bad things: (a) HP doesn't seem to provide the adapter for zd8000s any more, and (b) the zd7000 adapter has "straight; hollow coaxial plug" as the output connector and the zd8000 has a different connector requirement. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance, -Jay No the connectors are completely different. zd7000 has circular connector and the zd8000 seems to have a rectangular/oval shape. You can get replacement AC Adaptors for HP zd8000 laptop, but check the voltage/amps and wattage to choose the correct one. http://www.computerbatteries.co.uk/gb3/b/374743-001.html http://www.computerbatteries.co.uk/gb3/b/378768-001.html Good luck Battery Wizard http://www.ComputerBatteries.co.uk ...

remove the battery of the laptop and use the laptop as a desktop machine ?
Greetings, I plan to buy a mac pro book intel dual core and use it as my main computer in repalcement of my current linux desktop. In order to maximize the battery's lifetime, I want to remove it and never shut the machine down and put it in suspend mode. I will only use the battery when travelling. What's your opinion about these 2 things ? Many thx for your advice ! In article <44f99ff1$0$2812$626a54ce@news.free.fr>, gabriel <cyminuschapeau_rain26@yahoo.fr> wrote: > I plan to buy a mac pro book intel dual core and use it as my main > computer in repalcemen...

[Laptop - Connectors]
Hi all, I have an old Toshiba CS110 laptop, of which I would like to use the keyboard and the LCD screen to connect to a mini ATX motherboard. I already searched the web, but without success. My questions are simple : - How can I convert the laptop keyboard cable into a PS/2 compatible connector ? - How can I convert the laptop LCD screen cable into VGA compatible connector ? Thanks ! Flavien --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date: 30/06/03 ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless #2
[...]

LG laptops and laptop keyboards
Hello folks. I am considering an LG laptop (W1pro) and have read in their website they have an "ER" keyboard with enhanced tactile sensation. Anyone has any experience with this? How would you rate LG laptop keyboards against other laptop keyboards? Any personal experience with this brand of laptops? Thank you in advance ...

ICS from laptop on broadband to another laptop using a telephone cable?
Hi all, I want to connect a second laptop (Old Laptop in Sig.) to the web using ICS from my new laptop (New Laptop in Sig.). Can I do this using a normal telephone cable? How do I do it if I can? I have no particular reason for wanting to, I just have some time on my hands and the Old Laptop is there to be messed about with. :-P Cheers, Neil -- Gaming Rig in development = P4 Prescott @3.0GHz, 512MB/1GB PC3200, 80GB HD, 256MB GeForce6200 or Radeon 9600 Pro (May OC 6200 as these are reported to go real high), Stock 350w/Colourist 400w PSU Desktop = P4 Northwood @ 2...

laptop bag and laptop mouse
i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also looking for an optical mouse, they are slightly smaller and some have retractable leads some are wireless some are bluetooth. advice please. -- Ian Lincoln Independent I.T Consultant Deathwalker <ian-lincoln@blueyonder.co.ukspam> wrote: > i'm looking for a decent uk supplier of a laptop bag, one that looks like a > back pack. regular bags have "steal me!" written all over it. I'm also > l...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

Laptop-to-laptop Ethernet connection
Sometimes I take train with my spouse. I have a Linux laptop and a Sierra 597E "wireless broadband" card. This card works great with Linux, its maker Sierra contributes to the Linux kernel, and I basically have a well working internet while on train. The question concerns the second laptop -- my wife's. What I would like is to connect it to my laptop via Ethernet, and have her laptop use my laptop as a "gateway". My question is, can I directly connect them. I think that some pairs in Ethernet cable are somehow twisted, making a direct connection from computer to co...

Laptop Lottery
www.urhookup.com is sponsoring a Laptop Lottery. One winner will walk away with a new Sony Vaio K14 Laptop. Check out the site for details. Officially starts Aug 1st, but selling tickets effective now. Each ticket is $1.00 - No limit on how many. Drawing held at Rgate Lutherin Church by Pastor Bradley & the winner (if not present) will be notified that afternoon. UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!" www.urhookup.com ...

laptop
hello dear friends and computer lovers, can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:50:05 +0100, "news.wxs.nl" <guru303@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello dear friends and computer lovers, >can someone tell me how to remove the password that is stored at the bios >from the "ibm thinkpad t22" ?? >manny greetings for your trouble to help me ;-) > Try here. They have a lot of information. some may be applicable to your ...

laptop
hi I would like to get a new laptop to run solidworks. I am looking for 15.4" screen, under 8 lbs and of course under $2500. recomendations? anyone running without an approved video card with good results? I also would like to know which lcd to go with? wuxga? wsxga? wxga? right now carrying around 17" alienware to customers, too heavy, too short battery life, too expensive. thanks greif Reply Sorry it didn't work out for you. Would you like to offload the Alienware cheap? I've got it's cousin the Hypersonic, and it's not light, but it blows the doors ...

laptop
HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but also gift to your loved one so please visit our site http://mwi-laptop.blogspot.com/ >>>>> waheed iqbal <whd373@gmail.com> (wi) wrote: >wi> HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but >wi> also gift to your loved one so please visit our site I have no personnel. -- Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl> URL: http://pietvanoostrum.com [PGP 8DAE142BE17999C4] Private email: piet@vanoostrum.org ...

Laptop
Hellow, I use matlab for intense data processing, large amounts of data, for example it can take me up to 1hr the smallest data set I process. My desktop is a Pentium4,1Gb PC3200. I'm shopping for a laptop what laptops do you guys recommend. I am personally insterested in Lenovo. Thanks ...

Laptop
I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me on hols. I don't want VRPC. Dave. -- D On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:51:24 +0100 Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > I have a RPC. Could the same 'works' or something similar be > installed in a laptop configuration. Just so I can take 'it' with me > on hols. I don't want VRPC. Sure. Just find somebody willing to sell your 20 laptop cases for each of the RISC OS people left who'd buy a native lap...

Laptop
ntpd seems to require a constant internet connection (although as far as I can see this is never explicitly stated). But what about a computer, which is only occasionally (on average once a day) connected to the internet, and for a few minutes (5 minutes on average)? Can ntpd be used in this case? If yes, what paramters have to be set in ntp.conf? If no, are there any programs available to handle this? In case it is relevant, here some more details: iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.5 ntpd -f /var/run/ntp.drift -p /var/run/ntpd.pid /etc/ntp.conf = "server time.asia.apple.com minpol...

laptop
HI we have new verities of laptop not only for your personnel use but also gift to your loved one so please visit our site http://mwi-laptop.blogspot.com/ ...

Vintage 1983 GRiD 1101 Laptop - First Clamshell Laptop
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5126755783&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT FOR AUCTION: A 1983 GRiD Compass Computer 1101, with case, manuals & accessories. This is the first ever portable computer of a clamshell design, and was extremely popular with the military and with NASA. In fact, this model was the first portable computer in space. Revolutionary features include magnetic bubble memory, a 1200bps modem and a crystal-clear gas plasma display. These babies are worth a lot of money. Excellent condition, guaranteed NOT DOA, both manuals included. http:...

Install OS on laptop from another laptop?
I have an IBM 560Z laptop which has no built-in CD and whose USB port I just can't make work. It has W98SE on it at the moment, but it's pretty well useless if I can't get data in and out. I was wondering if I could install a Linux distro on it from my XP laptop - maybe via a serial connection? Is it possible? If so, does it need a special (null?) cable? I want to try this to see if Linux can make the USB port work - W98 "sees" it but won't recognise data on devices (pen drive, floppy) attached to it. Sorry to appear dim, but it's the first machine I've owned...

Laptop newbie :-( Daughter needs a laptop
My daughter needs a laptop for her uni work. She only has a budget of around �800. She will be using a CAD program called ArchiCAD version 8 most of the time and the min requirements to run this software are: Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP pro (ArchiCAD will not start with Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 or Windows ME) CPU: Intel� Pentium III, Pentium 4 or compatible CPU recommended. RAM: 512MB minimum - Recommended: 1GB Hard Drive Space: 500MB minimum free hard drive space required for full installation for ArchiCAD 8.1. Free hard disk space is required according to m...

Laptops today vs laptops yesterday
Its just so amazing how fast technology improves. I used to upgrade at least every year for laptops but I have come to the point that I have outgrown that terrible "illness". Last night I passed by a computer superstore and although I always fight the urge to even go inside one, I still went it and checked out what's on offer these days for laptops. Most laptops on display now are wide screen, silvery colored with some even red, blue, gray. These i think are the "in" color these days. Checked the keyboard which is the most important for me, sad to say, they are even wo...

Web resources about - What to use for laptop laptopping? - comp.sys.laptops

Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you , we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize content, tailor Ads, measure ...

Gigs ... The Bedroom Philosopher
Home of Australian zinger/songwriter. The Bedroom Philosopher About Long Story Short Story Discography Shop Writing LapTopping Lyrics Columns ...

Security guide to customs-proofing your laptop
News.com offers a handy color-coded threat level system for protecting your data at international border crossings from snoopy customs agents. ...

The Tube Open Movie by Bassam Kurdali » Production News — Kickstarter
... distracting to anyone trying to work while sitting next to him *cough*. By nights and weekends, he and Francesco turn the dining-and-laptopping ...

Remains of today
My my, iff’n events aren’t of a action-packed nature these days. I encountered several items today that I wanted to commit to blog, and nearly ...

Urban Dictionary: L: laprador to Laptop Waffle
Subscribe Feedback English Arabic Azerbaijani Bengali Bulgarian Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Filipino French German Greek Hebrew Hungarian ...

Asst
12/14/2012: Things that bring me joy IV: the wallet 12/09/2012: Things that bring me joy III: MSG 11/26/2012: Things that bring me joy II: ...

XXXXX LIVE at the Harlem Square Club by Martine Syms — Walker Shop
XXXXX LIVE at the Harlem Square ClubMartine Syms2015—XXXXX is a party band. Her first show was at a warehouse rave in Chicago. The kind of party ...

Walking Paper
A library design consultancy and blog by Aaron Schmidt

Videos ... The Bedroom Philosopher
... (2011) Directed by Carlo Zeccola. Tram Inspector Video The Bedroom Philosopher About Long Story Short Story Discography Shop Writing LapTopping ...