What to use for laptop laptopping?

My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
of plywood I'm using now?

-1

Peabody wrote:
> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
> of plywood I'm using now?

Something like this?

http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

--
Notan
-1
Notan wrote:
> Peabody wrote:
>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so
>> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of
>> plywood I'm using now?
>
> Something like this?
>
> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

Here's another:

http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html

--
Notan
1
Notan wrote:
> Notan wrote:
>> Peabody wrote:
>>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
>>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
>>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
>>> of plywood I'm using now?
>>
>> Something like this?
>>
>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
>
> Here's another:
>
> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html

Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very* inexpensive.

OK, I'm done! <g>

--
Notan
0
aptops

> Notan wrote:
>> Notan wrote:
>>>
>>> Something like this?
>>>
>>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
>>
>> Here's another:
>>
>> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html
>
> Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very* inexpensive.
>
> OK, I'm done! <g>
>
> --
> Notan

I went to the local department store and picked up a cutting board to set
my laptop on.  Amazingly, the fit was nearly perfect...

-- Bob

0
odd_bob (24)
1/19/2007 2:41:59 AM
In article <geTrh.21213$cv2.2413@newsfe13.lga>,
Peabody  <waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote:
>My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
>so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
>everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
>of plywood I'm using now?

I use a clipboard.

Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
Notan says...

 >>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

 >> Here's another:

 >> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html

 > Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very*
 > inexpensive.

 > OK, I'm done! <g>

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

I wonder if Plexiglas would work with an optical mouse.  I
know mine won't work on regular glass.  Well, maybe there's
an opaque version that would work.

I really hate the touchpad, so I use a mouse all the time.
And I think that means the official lap pads wouldn't be
good choices, because there needs to be some mousing area on
the right side.  But I'll look over those links.  Thanks
again.

Odd Bob says...

 > I went to the local department store and picked up a
 > cutting board to set my laptop on.  Amazingly, the fit
 > was nearly perfect...

That's an interesting idea.  They have plastic cutting
boards, don't they?  Maybe I could find one that would give
me some mouse area on the right side.

Thanks for the idea.

Peabody wrote:
> Notan says...
>
>  >>> Something like this?
>
>  >>> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
>
>  >> Here's another:
>
>  >> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html
>
>  > Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very*
>  > inexpensive.
>
>  > OK, I'm done! <g>
>
> Thanks very much for the suggestions.
>
> I wonder if Plexiglas would work with an optical mouse.  I
> know mine won't work on regular glass.  Well, maybe there's
> an opaque version that would work.
>
> I really hate the touchpad, so I use a mouse all the time.
> And I think that means the official lap pads wouldn't be
> good choices, because there needs to be some mousing area on
> the right side.  But I'll look over those links.  Thanks
> again.

In addition to clear, Plexiglas is also available in a plethora
of colors, many of them solid.

--
Notan
0

"Peabody" <waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom,
> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap.  Is there something that
> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece
> of plywood I'm using now?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:36:49 -0600, Peabody
<waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Notan says...

> >> Here's another:
>
> >> http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html
>
> > Or, have a piece of Plexiglas cut to size. *Very*
> > inexpensive.
>
> > OK, I'm done! <g>
>
>Thanks very much for the suggestions.
>
>I wonder if Plexiglas would work with an optical mouse.  I
>know mine won't work on regular glass.  Well, maybe there's
>an opaque version that would work.
>
>I really hate the touchpad, so I use a mouse all the time.
>And I think that means the official lap pads wouldn't be
>good choices, because there needs to be some mousing area on
>the right side.  But I'll look over those links.  Thanks
>again.

Clear plexi won't work, or at least I can say for sure that it didn't
work for me even when it was placed over a piece of furniture.
0
jtees4 (19)