Which hard drive (IBM, Toshiba, Fujitsu) for laptop ???

Please help me to choose the best solution. I need best quality and silent
hard drive for my laptop Dell CPx. If you had some problems with this hard
drives, write please

Kris

0
krzysiekj (3)

In article <bi53kc$8ju$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>,
Krzysiek <krzysiekj@op.pl> wrote:
>Please help me to choose the best solution. I need best quality and silent
>hard drive for my laptop Dell CPx. If you had some problems with this hard
>drives, write please

One nice indicator of quality is the length of the warranty you get with it.

-- Mark
0
markc8 (213)

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

Please advise: 120 Gig USB Hard drive on crusty Toshiba Laptop: will it recoginize all the drive?
Just purchased a USB 2 external hard drive case and popped in my Maxtor 120GB Hard drive Being a carefull geezer ,I created a 500 Megabyte fat partition and I am able to read and write files Here are the specs: Toshiba Satelite 4005CDS with the following specs: Pentium 2 233 MHZ Windows 98 2nd Edition 96 MB RAM 16 bit SVGA 800x600 max resolution 4 gigabyte hard drive + CD ROM and Floppy 1 USB 1 port Will my system recognize multitple 32 Gigabyte FAT32 partitions on USB 2 external hard drive case ? I would rather benefit from others past experiance then try it out and...

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

Hard drive upgrade for toshiba 486 laptop
I got a 486 laptop that I have filled the 500 meg hard drive that came with it what kind of hard drive can I use as a replacement. its a toshiba T2150cds and how do you change out the hard drive. I dont want a pc card drive I was thing of a drive under 5 gb but larger than I have now. Thanks. If memory serves me that type of laptop has a sort of hard drive "package" correct? This you cannot take apart without risk of damaging it so my best advice would be to find a dealer who sells used toshiba parts and try to find one that way. That is a very old laptop (though its a really g...

FT: 6.4gb desktop hard drives....I need laptop hard drives
I have at least 50 6.4gb hard drives(these go in your desktop or tower, most are western digital and some are maxtor). I'd like to trade some or all of these for 4gb or 5gb laptop hard drives, the laptop drives must fit into an ibm thinkpad 600. to email me go here: http://www.geocities.com/pauldbz/ ...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy)
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Test Toshiba Laptop Hard Drive and Memory Tests
I had my laptop built by a company and then I noticed this "Grgr" noise coming from my laptop (Very loud) so I decided to contac tthem. They went out of business!!! I dug some more and found out that a lot of people were complaining about them using cheap and defective parts!! Is there a way to do a memory and hard drive tests to check and see if my parts are okay?? I don't have a floppy drive =( Please help!! The Hard drive is a 60GB Toshiba MK6022GAX, as for the memory, I have no idea what type except its 1GB ddr memory. Thanks!! On 6 Nov 2004 21:15:41 -0500, janet637@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (jl637) wrote: :>I had my laptop built by a company and then I noticed this "Grgr" :>noise coming from my laptop (Very loud) so I decided to contac tthem. :>They went out of business!!! I dug some more and found out that a lot :>of people were complaining about them using cheap and defective :>parts!! :> :>Is there a way to do a memory and hard drive tests to check and see if :>my parts are okay?? I don't have a floppy drive =( :> :>Please help!! :> :>The Hard drive is a 60GB Toshiba MK6022GAX, as for the memory, I have :>no idea what type except its 1GB ddr memory. Thanks!! According to a friend of mine who is the service manager at a Toshiba Premier ASP the failure rate on the Toshiba MK4019GAX (40GB/5400RPM) and the MK6022GAX (60GB/5400RPM) has been extremely high. In fact it's been so high that some...

Can iTunes from one laptop play music on another laptop's hard drive?
i have a macbook pro and an ibook both have bluetooth and airport extreme Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop? ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > i have a macbook pro and an ibook > > both have bluetooth and airport extreme > > Can I use itunes to play music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT > laptop? > Yes, with some caveats. It depends on what you mean by "music that is on the hard drive of a DIFFERENT laptop". You can connect to participating iTunes instances in the same net, and stream music from that. ...

Plastic insulator for laptop hard drive (preventing short circuits on hard drive caddy) #2
Hi, I need to replace a hard drive in a laptop. The hard drive is mounted in a metal caddy. There's a brown plastic insulator glued to the metal caddy to prevent the circuit board of the original hard drive touching the metal and cause a short circuit. The plastic is custom-cut for the original hard drive (the circuit board doesn't cover the entire hard drive top surface). The new hard drive has a circuit board covering the whole hard drive top surface. So there's an area where the circuit board touches the metal of the caddy. The question is : Where can we buy some pl...

Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive
Anyone know where you can get an external USB laptop case (or just a cable type adapter), but for a 2.5" laptop drive that is Serial ATA (SATA) rather than the more mundaten IDE? My new Toshiba laptop has such a drive in it. ...

changing hard drive in toshiba satellite sp10-304 laptop
i have bought a new hard drive for my toshiba satellite sp10-304 laptop, can someone tell me were the hard drive is in the laptop so i can change it as it doesnt tell you in the instruction booklet thanks jimmy clydebank@gmail.com wrote: : i have bought a new hard drive for my toshiba satellite sp10-304 : laptop, can someone tell me were the hard drive is in the laptop so i : can change it as it doesnt tell you in the instruction booklet Go to www.Toshiba.com and find all the documentation for the computer. Perhaps one of the docs lists this kind of technical info. Andrew -- ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <---- ******************************************************************* ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address ******************************************************************* You may want to look through the different Toshiba hard drive replacement instructions at this site http://www.cmsproducts.com/notebook_drive_removal.htm <clydebank@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1119616859.522523.86320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... i have bought a new hard drive for my toshiba satellite sp10-304 laptop, can someone tell me were the hard drive is in the laptop so i can change it as it doesnt tell you in the instruction booklet thanks jimmy thanks for the website but my laptop isnt in it thanks jimmy On 24 Jun 2005 13:52:07 -0700, clydebank@gmail.com wr...

(*help*) Replace hard drive on Toshiba Satellite 1105 Laptop
I'm in need of some instruction. I have to replace the hard drive on my Toshiba Satellite 1105 laptop, and I'm wondering where one might find directions to do this. Also, if anyone has any advice about buying a replacement hard drive I'd be very happy to hear it! Thank you, Larry Larson You might be able to get instructions on this from http://www.toshiba.com Removing and replacing the hard drive is easy on laptops. There should be a cover under your screen above the number keys on your keyboard. if there is carefully remove this and you should see screws that hold down your ...

need help hooking up IBM hard drive fm HP laptop
Hi, This is a hd from a HP laptop. It has personal data on it that hasn't been backed up. I'm going to try to backup the data and then return the hd to HP. The HD in question is faulty, but it still spins, so I may have a shot at it. A friend swapped the replacement from HP with this one, and asked me to see if I could get his stuff off it, etc. The drive is an IBM travelstar 4200 RPM 40 gig ATA/IDE model: Ic25n040ATCS04-0 July 'o2 I never fooled with laptop stuff before so I'm kinda stuck here. I was hoping I could access it with a normal 40pin ide cable, and then use jumper wires to hook up whatever run voltage it needed. No luck. Can anybody tell me how to proceed from here? Thanks for any ideas. Allen In article <oMidnQloksotHdncRVn-tA@comcast.com>, !Allen Lasting <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote: >Hi, > >This is a hd from a HP laptop. It has personal data on it that hasn't been >backed up. >I'm going to try to backup the data and then return the hd to HP. The HD in >question >is faulty, but it still spins, so I may have a shot at it. A friend swapped >the replacement >from HP with this one, and asked me to see if I could get his stuff off it, >etc. > >The drive is an IBM travelstar 4200 RPM 40 gig ATA/IDE >model: Ic25n040ATCS04-0 July 'o2 > >I never fooled with laptop stuff before so I'm kinda stuck here. I was >hoping I could >access it with a normal 40pin i...

Problem with Hitachi 5K80 Hard Drive in Toshiba 1415-173 Laptop
Hi all, I purchased a Hitachi 5K80, 5400rpm, 8 meg cache, 40 gig drive, from Zipzoomfly, to replace the stock IBM Travelstar 4200 rpm drive (2 meg cache) that shipped with my Toshiba 1415-173 (Celeron 1.8, 512 RAM). I installed the new Hitachi 5K80 drive twice, once using an image of the original drive, once using the recovery discs for my Toshiba machine. In both installs, the drive ran, but everything was moving at a snail's pace - with the Windows hourglass constantly on the screen when I tried to do anything. I even brought the machine into my Toshiba Service Center, and the technician confirmed that the drive didn't appear to be spinning very quickly. So I sent the drive back to zipzoomfly. Their technician tells me that the drive tests fine. So, I'm wondering. Could this newer drive be somehow incompatible with a circa 2002 Toshiba laptop? Once I snapped back in my old stock Travelstar drive, the machine was working perfectly again. I know that I set the jumpers properly on the drives. And zipzoomfly is telling me that the drive tests perfectly. In short, I'm clueless. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Matt C ...

FA: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42184&item=3496242740 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP Toshiba, Hitachi, IBM, Dell, Compaq, Hewlett Packard ect. I bought a brand new Toshiba P25-S5263 (Windows XP Home Edition) Laptop computer last weekend and replaced the stock hard drive with a smaller but faster drive that better suits my needs. This hard drive is compatible with most laptops with a removable 2.5" drive. I will ship the hard drive either blank (formatted NTFS) or with the stock Toshiba image, winning bidders choice. Drive works perfectly! Sorry, this Microsoft newsgroup is not a forum for peddling your old hard drive. Please refrain from doing so in the future! "These communities were created as a forum for providing peer-to-peer assistance related to using Microsoft products and services. We ask that you refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements that do not pertain directly to the intended use and purpose of the newsgroup." Microsoft Newsgroup Rules of Conduct http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx -- Carey Frisch Microsoft MVP Windows XP - Shell/User Be Smart! Protect your PC! http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dr.SmartMedia" <Dr.SmartMediaX@gmail.com> wrote in message: news:o1eqg0hhdvvpj5f6ol2a98mffdv83ue1f5@4ax.com... | 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP To...

Power supply New laptop batteries,laptop charger(AC/DC Adapter) for HP, Compaq, Sony, Dell, Acer, IBM, Toshiba on sale.
Buy Discount New laptop batteries? We offer you high quality, high capacity spare laptop battery(backup) and universal Laptop battery, replacement Laptop (Notebook) Batteries, laptop battery conditioner,Power supply Auto air AC/DC Adapters (Charger) and universal adapter plug. info detail : http://www.buy-laptop-battery.org ...

WTB: Toshiba 2.5" 30gb laptop #MK3017GAS hard drive in working order
Hi all- I am looking to purchase a Toshiba 2.5" 30gb laptop #MK3017GAS hard drive in working order. A used one would be better then a new one, since I will be taking it apart to salvage some data. If someone has one, please let me know. Thanks! Mark ...

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

Having hard time retrieving Laptop hard drive data
I am trying to recover data from my laptop's hard drive. I took the hard drive out of the laptop and put it in one of those external hard drive boxes that connect to the USB port of a PC and within a few minutes the drive showed up including access to all the files inside the old hard drive. I started switching files around from one folder to another to prepare to burn them on DVD discs. Stupid mistake! I should have immediately copied the files from the old hard drive into the computer!!!!! Within about 30 minutes of switching files around, suddenly that particular hard drive disapeared from the computer saying I no longer had access to it. I've tried it on other computers using the same external box and even went to the point of buying another brand's external box---which the computer never even recognzied, meaning I had less success with it. Now, still trying to access the data, all the computer does is set up a drive for it but it tries yet never actually reads it. All the hard drive does is turn and turn and turn for hours until I get tired and unplug it. Device Manager says the device is working perfectly. I have even tried one of those internal IDE plug adapters. I don't know if I need to set jumpers or what but I have tried everything I possibly know how to try. Does anyone know of any other possible way or some other method to get data off this laptop hard drive? Or is there something I am possibly doing wrong with the devices I have becaus...

Laptop Hard drive...
I have a Gateway laptop and the power button broke on it. What is the best way to get the files from the hard drive so I can put them on another computer or CD? If you need any other information just let me know. Thanks, Sharon On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:34:47 -0600, snt2300 <snt2300.322jal@no.email.invalid> wrote: > >I have a Gateway laptop and the power button broke on it. What is the >best way to get the files from the hard drive so I can put them on >another computer or CD? If you need any other information just let me >know. > >Thanks, Sharon > Assuming that you can't operate the laptop at all, I guess you'd first have to remove the laptop's hard drive. Once that is accomplished, it then depends on what hardware you have available. Basically, your choices seem to be: 1. An adapter that allows you to install the laptop drive in a desktop as an IDE drive. They sell for about $5. This isn't the easiest method since it involves opening the desktop machine and installing another drive in it. 2. A USB adapter that connects to the laptop drive. They sell for about $15-20. This allows you to connect the bare drive to the USB connection on another computer. 3. A housing in which you install the laptop drive, thus making it a "portable" external drive. Again, you then simply connect it to another computer. These vary a lot in price, but I've seen them on sale for as little as $20. Or, I guess you could just take the la...

Laptop Hard Drive
I need a laptop hard drive for my Dell Insp. 8000. Need a 40-8- GB HD if anyone has one or knows a good place to get them cheep. Robert texasgunman @ ev1 dot net ...

laptop hard drives
Sorry to bother people with stupid questions, and thanks to anyone who can spare a moment to give advice. I'm having trouble with my HP nx9005. I suspect the hard drive has died - it sometimes boots, sometimes doesn't, windows system recovery discovers bad sectors. If it does boot, then it bluescreens after a few minutes, accompanied by repetitive clicks from the drive. Two questions really: first, is there any way I can definitively establish that the hard drive is at fault, not the RAM or anything else? And second: how generic are laptop drives? If the HP website specifies an ATA-100 EIDE 4,200 rpm 2.5 inch form factor drive, must it be exactly that? Can the capacity or the number of rpm be different? Must the drive be from the same manufacturer (toshiba)? Will the connector be compatible? Thanks to anyone who can help, no rewards, just eternal gratitude to anyone who can save me from paying authorised service centre prices... cheers, Thomas Thomas wrote: > Sorry to bother people with stupid questions, and thanks to anyone who > can spare a moment to give advice. > > I'm having trouble with my HP nx9005. I suspect the hard drive has > died - it sometimes boots, sometimes doesn't, windows system recovery > discovers bad sectors. If it does boot, then it bluescreens after a few > minutes, accompanied by repetitive clicks from the drive. > > Two questions really: first, is there any way I can definitively > establish th...

can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?
Hi. My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it. The hard drive in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition. Is there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to my laptop? thanks, Kristie yes, get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire connection, or both. I did it, works great. -- Dennis Savatski "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message news:8c9b4541.0401221503...

Laptop power on Delta Flight
Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx <netkid12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162851896.492010.281670@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out > which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will > be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats > do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which > adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am > looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should > get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the > 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx If the adapter fits then it wouldn't matter. Watts is the result of the voltage available and the current that your laptop draws. The power rating is a max, not necessarily what it will draw. You will only draw the power that you need. So ge...

Web resources about - Which hard drive (IBM, Toshiba, Fujitsu) for laptop ??? - comp.sys.laptops

Toshiba Tablet
Check out the new Toshiba Thrive™!

Toshiba Direct - Buy Laptop Computer Systems and Accessories
Shop for and buy the best laptop computer systems, PCs and accessories at Toshiba Direct. Computing solutions for any home, school, small or ...

Toshiba Satellite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. The Toshiba ...

Toshiba Forums - Toshiba Forums
Forums.Toshiba.com Support Home - Contact Us - Toshiba Laptops - Toshiba TVs Product Support - Download - Repair - Warranty - Communicate - Virtual ...

Laptops & Notebook Computers - Toshiba
Explore Toshiba's innovative laptops and notebook computers from Satellite to Qosmio. Find the best laptop for your home, business, mobile or ...

Leading Innovation & Technology - Toshiba
Official website for Toshiba UK. Laptops, Tablets, Televisions, DVD. Blu-Ray, Camcorders and Much More. Toshiba, Leading Innovation.

HD Televisions - 3D Televisions - Smart Televisions - Toshiba
From stunning 3D, LED and Smart TVs to 3D Blu-ray Players, Toshiba’s Home Entertainment range provides the best digital entertainment regardless ...

Toshiba laptops (@toshibalaptops) on Twitter