Which IBM ??

Hi,

I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only)
laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go with
IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the
A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess
around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a good
display is very important to me).
It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the
R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p).
The technology of  the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6
processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20
extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life), the
big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800 64
meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take a
couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
photoshop.
Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
afford.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,
Yvonne

0
Yvonne

If you're looking for the best quality, then go for the A-series.  The
R-series, while I'm sure it's pretty good, being IBM, is nevertheless IBM's
budget range, and won't be made to the same quality as the A series.

Actually, the top of the range regarding quality is probably the T-series -
but no flex view.

Duncan.

"Yvonne" <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only)
> laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go with
> IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the
> A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess
> around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a good
> display is very important to me).
> It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the
> R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p).
> The technology of  the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6
> processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20
> extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life), the
> big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800
64
> meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take a
> couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
> photoshop.
> Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
> really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
> afford.
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated,
> Yvonne

0
dm319 (146)
11/10/2003 10:56:26 AM
>Any input would be greatly appreciated,

I've purchased new ThinkPads from IBM DIRECT on ebay at:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/ibmauthorizedauctions

Regards ... John

You cannot go very wrong with an IBM. I am not aware of the price
difference between A31p and R50. However, as you mentioned, there is a
great technological gap between two systems. A31p is a very good
computer, but it seems slightly outdated at the moment. The biggest
advantage of a Pentium M- featured in R50, is that it runs
significantly cooler.

Go with the R50 as it is a later model which offers more for a buck.
There is a cnet review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/IBM_ThinkPad_R50_series/4505-3121_7-30567430.html?tag=promo2
However, if you can get a very good price on A31p you should also be
satisfied. If you are not a gamer, the graphics chip makes no huge
difference. The hard disk is far more important.
Adam Szmacinski, Poland

"Yvonne" <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote in message news:<vqtqev2ol20ea3@corp.supernews.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only)
> laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go with
> IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the
> A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess
> around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a good
> display is very important to me).
> It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the
> R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p).
> The technology of  the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6
> processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20
> extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life), the
> big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800 64
> meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take a
> couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
> photoshop.
> Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
> really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
> afford.
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated,
> Yvonne
0
as20817 (33)
11/10/2003 11:45:52 AM
Thank you all for the input !!!

Yvonne

"Adam" <as20817@sgh.waw.pl> wrote in message
> You cannot go very wrong with an IBM. I am not aware of the price
> difference between A31p and R50. However, as you mentioned, there is a
> great technological gap between two systems. A31p is a very good
> computer, but it seems slightly outdated at the moment. The biggest
> advantage of a Pentium M- featured in R50, is that it runs
> significantly cooler.
>
> Go with the R50 as it is a later model which offers more for a buck.
> There is a cnet review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/IBM_ThinkPad_R50_series/4505-3121_7-30567430.html?tag=promo2
> However, if you can get a very good price on A31p you should also be
> satisfied. If you are not a gamer, the graphics chip makes no huge
> difference. The hard disk is far more important.
> Adam Szmacinski, Poland
>
> "Yvonne" <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only)
> > laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go
with
> > IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the
> > A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess
> > around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a
good
> > display is very important to me).
> > It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the
> > R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p).
> > The technology of  the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6
> > processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20
> > extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life),
the
> > big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800
64
> > meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take a
> > couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
> > photoshop.
> > Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
> > really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
> > afford.
> >
> > Any input would be greatly appreciated,
> > Yvonne

0
Yvonne
11/10/2003 4:32:27 PM
"Yvonne" <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only)
> laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go with
> IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the
> A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess
> around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a good
> display is very important to me).
> It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the
> R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p).
> The technology of  the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6
> processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20
> extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life), the
> big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800
> 64 meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take a
> couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
> photoshop.
> Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
> really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
> afford.
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated,
> Yvonne

As for the video card, I'd say it hardly matters.  For 2d (which is
everything but games) anything will work fine.  As for 3d, I tried the game
America's Army on my T40 (which has the ATI 9000 with 32 megs) and it was
unplayably slow.  So unless your priority is playing 2-year old video
games, it makes no difference.

I have the T40p w/64 MB FireGL card
How would that play?
"timeOday" <timeOdayUN-SPAM@theknack.net> wrote in message
> "Yvonne" <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only)
> > laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go
with
> > IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the
> > A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess
> > around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a
good
> > display is very important to me).
> > It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the
> > R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p).
> > The technology of  the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6
> > processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20
> > extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life),
the
> > big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800
> > 64 meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take
> > couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
> > photoshop.
> > Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
> > really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
> > afford.
> >
> > Any input would be greatly appreciated,
> > Yvonne
>

> As for the video card, I'd say it hardly matters.  For 2d (which is
> everything but games) anything will work fine.  As for 3d, I tried the
game
> America's Army on my T40 (which has the ATI 9000 with 32 megs) and it was
> unplayably slow.  So unless your priority is playing 2-year old video
> games, it makes no difference.

0
markwest (24)
11/15/2003 3:39:11 AM
Short answer: I don't know.

Longer answer: I think the FireGL is pretty much like the M9000, but with
twice the video ram.  In that case, it would make all the difference, IF the
problem was texture thrashing (each game is designed with a certain amount
of texture memory in mind).  But I tried lowering the texture detail to
compensate for my 32 meg graphics card and it was still slow, so maybe not.

Mark W. wrote:

> [...]

the
> > big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800
> > 64 meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take
> > couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with
> > photoshop.
> > Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I
> > really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can
> > afford.
> >
> > Any input would be greatly appreciated,
> > Yvonne
>

> As for the video card, I'd say it hardly matters.  For 2d (which is
> everything but games) anything will work fine.  As for 3d, I tried the
game
> America's Army on my T40 (which has the ATI 9000 with 32 megs) and it was
> unplayably slow.  So unless your priority is playing 2-year old video

I'm definately not a gamer, I just wanted a real nice display, although I
will be getting the 64 meg card anyway. I decided to go with my first
choice, the A31p after hearing some of the complaints about the quality of
the R50 series. I got a great deal on a new, "upgraded" one at the IBM
auctions. Can't wait until it gets here!

Thanks everyone,
Yvonne

0
Yvonne

Laptop power on Delta Flight
Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx <netkid12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162851896.492010.281670@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out > which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will > be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats > do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which > adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am > looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should > get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the > 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx If the adapter fits then it wouldn't matter. Watts is the result of the voltage available and the current that your laptop draws. The power rating is a max, not necessarily what it will draw. You will only draw the power that you need. So ge...

What is exactly refurbished laptop compare to regular dell/IBM laptop?
What is refurbished laptop exacrly?. Howcom it is cheap compare to thers?. I am looking for cheap laptop, which is good one?. Also I need the some standard configuration?. I need it for power point and web use for internet/e-mail. Thanks in advance. Santa wrote: > What is refurbished laptop exacrly?. Howcom it is cheap compare to > thers?. I am looking for cheap laptop, which is good one?. Also I > need the some standard configuration?. I need it for power point and > web use for internet/e-mail. Thanks in advance. Refurbished can mean several things: the notebook was simply returned, it was returned with a failed component, it was returned with a visual defect. In any event, the notebook is fixed if necessary and placed back in stock as refurbished - it performs as if new. In many countries, consumer goods returned to the vendor cannot be sold as "new" even if there are no defects since vendors have been known to claim that repaired goods were new. Many people purchase nothing but refurbished goods, figuring that if the goods are going to fail, they will fail within the return period - typical of electronic devices like computers. The goods are heavily discounted since they cannot be sold as "new" and people normally want "new" rather than "as good as new". Q What he (quaoar@tenthplanet.net) said -- but note that the warranty on a refurb. may be shorter than on a new one. MB On 11/08/04 02:19 pm S...

IBM Laptop
I have an IBM R32 laptop and I think it may have experienced a power surge. Anyway when I put the battery in all it does is continously click (no lights no nothing just a click. When I pull the battery out and try and use the power adapter I get nothing. My question is threefold. 1) Any ideas what that click/spinning could be? 2) If I did experience a powersurge what part(s) would I most likely need to replace? 3) If I replace the system board would the fix the problem and are there any tests that I would be able to run to see what the problem might be? Electrical tests or any other tests. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Ryan ...

I found a good site of IBM thinkpad batteries.Just look it, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk
Hi,everyone, I bought a battery of ibm thindpad r31 from a online store, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk .It is a preffesional online store for ibm thinkpad.All of the batteries not only have cheap price and excellent quality,but also have 1 year warranty and quickly deliver.f you are looking for replacement IBM laptop batteries,such as IBM laptop battery thinkpad 600,IBM thinkpad 600e,IBM R31,IBM R32,IBM T20,IBM T22,IBM T23,IBM R40 and so on,please go there,they are your resonable choice. Best regards, Roy ...

Power supply New laptop batteries,laptop charger(AC/DC Adapter) for HP, Compaq, Sony, Dell, Acer, IBM, Toshiba on sale.
Buy Discount New laptop batteries? We offer you high quality, high capacity spare laptop battery(backup) and universal Laptop battery, replacement Laptop (Notebook) Batteries, laptop battery conditioner,Power supply Auto air AC/DC Adapters (Charger) and universal adapter plug. info detail : http://www.buy-laptop-battery.org ...

IPads and IBM Laptops
How do you get an Ipad to talk to a Windows laptop/desktop? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising! http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. -Frank Lloyd Wright In article <ls0qm3$t1n$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>, The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote: > How do you get an Ipad to talk to a Windows laptop/desktop? put them both in the same room with some soft music ...

IBM T30 Laptop
Oddly enough, I can not find anything that says if a t30 is 64-bit or not, got it several years ago. However, can a t30 run windows vista? Thanks. -g Geoff wrote: > Oddly enough, I can not find anything that says if a t30 is 64-bit or > not, got it several years ago. However, can a t30 run windows vista? Yes, but the 16MB video card isn't capable of running all of the Vista eye candy. You don't need a 64BIT computer to run Vista. -- James Visit the Thinkpad Forums http://forum.thinkpads.com Thanks. Is the t30 32 or 64 bit hardware? -g Basically, any PC with about an 800MHz to 1GHz CPU and 512MB of system memory can run Vista (note that in systems with chipset shared memory video, system memory = total memory - video memory). The question that this leaves unanswered is will it run Vista's "Aero" interface, and the likely answer is "no" (Aero requires a fairly advanced video system, at least 128MB of video memory and support for "pixel shader 2"). However, Vista will simply run without Aero if the PC meets the minumum specs but the video card does not. Geoff wrote: > Oddly enough, I can not find anything that says if a t30 is 64-bit or not, > got it several years ago. However, can a t30 run windows vista? > > Thanks. > > -g > > Geoff wrote: > Thanks. Is the t30 32 or 64 bit hardware? 32BIT -- James Visit the Thinkpad Forums http://forum.thinkpads.com ...

IBM T21 Laptop
I have a T21 and when I start it up it goes to the start up screen where you can choose F1 or F12. But, you can't do anything. I does not proceed with the startup nor can you press F1 or F12 and get anything. I have tried a startup disk in the CD and the floppy. Nothing! At the initial start up I hear the hard drive click for about 1-2 seconds and then nothing. Any Ideas or suggestions? ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. ...

Searching for a IBM laptop ???
Find it in www.laptop.cl ...

New laptop sys
I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless connectivity is also a necessity. I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this subject that is current and helpful? Thanks for your help, JOHN I am satisfied with a Toshiba M15-S405. Iam shure that other manfacturers have equally qualified offerings. Henry "John" <drmonkeyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cf4a3a2.0307061705.2aa786a3@posting.google.com... > I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has > to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless > connectivity is also a necessity. > > I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more > experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this > subject that is current and helpful? > > Thanks for your help, > JOHN ...

IBM Laptop for sale.
IBM Model A20-M CPU 500mhz 128 Meg RAM 20 Gig Hard Drive CD-ROM Drive Plus other built in accessories. Very good working condition. Not stolen!! Price $200.00 cash only....picked up in the Houston area ....no shipping or delivery please. 281-829-5898 ...

IBM laptop 560x
I have a 560x Ibm laptop, would like to know foll: 1) Windows 95 is installed on the 560x, and I'm planning to buy new computer P4 2.6c GHZ. I am going to install Windows XP, but sometimes I may transfer stuff frm PC to Laptop incase if I have to work outdoors. So if i save something on Windows XP, then can I work on that file in Windows 95. If not possible, pls suggest solution 2) Can I upgrade my laptop to P4, add more ram & lan card? 3) I can several dotted spots on my laptop screen, how do i overcome that problem i would appreciate if anyone out there can help with my probs. Thanks Sunny ...

IBM Laptop shuts down
hi folks, I am trying to fix an older IBM Thinkpad for a friend, and it has this intermittent problem that I think I have figured out, but I'd like some other opinions on it. When plugged in with the battery out of it, it doesn't turn on at all. When it is plugged in, it will shut off intermittently, and by shut off, I mean powers down immediately. No error messages, just dies on the spot. The battery doesn't seem to take a charge at all, I've tried to charge it for 24 hours, and it won't turn on when it is unplugged. So I am suspecting the battery is bad, of course, but new ones are around $100, so I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I spring for it. Also, is there any way to test the battery? Would a simple voltmeter work? It's old, so I am would not be surprised if it is dead, but I am wondering if there is something else possible... Thanks a lot, John Your deductions are 180 degrees out. If it won't power on without the battery either the power module is bad/broken wire or the power/charging circuitry is bad. If the battery won't charge it is naturally going to run down and shut off the laptop. Use a voltmeter and check out the power module... "John Horner" <hornerja@delhi.edu> wrote in message news:d29ca6bb.0311060708.82fc08e@posting.google.com... > hi folks, > > I am trying to fix an older IBM Thinkpad for a friend, and it has this > intermittent problem that I think I have figured out,...

Buy IBM Laptop
I dropped my IBM T23 laptop. I wish to make it work again (if is possible). For those of you guys who have a broken or defective laptop IBM T21, T22, T23, please send my an e-mail. Thank you, Emil ...

FS: IBM Laptop
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3715&item=6711962029&rd=1 Only �10!!! Ideal for students This isnt my laptop, just one that I saw on ebay and thought people might be interested in. Sorry for the confusion. Adam Bagnall wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3715&item=6711962029&rd=1 > > Only �10!!! Ideal for students ...

IBM Laptops Topoftheline ???
Are the IBM laptops still considered top of the line in quality or is TOSHIBA right up there with them??? Joe (aka kilroy) **************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO * **************************************************** Joseph: IBM is still considered top of the line. Toshiba is now middle of the line after 2000. Their quality dropped a bit. Dell is still considered top of the line if you are considering what is competitive with IBM. (IMHO) Rich "Joseph Fenn" <jfenn@lava.net> wrote in message news:Pine.BSI.4.58.0312291145540.7132@malasada.lava.net... > Are the IBM laptops still considered top of the line in quality > or is TOSHIBA right up there with them??? > Joe (aka kilroy) > > > **************************************************** > * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO * > **************************************************** > I concur having used 2 ibm thinkpads and one Dell. "Richard Johnson" <richj@remove.this.tairedd.com> wrote in message news:<vv1crakci85f83@corp.supernews.com>... > Joseph: > > IBM is still considered top of the line. Toshiba is now middle of the line > after 2000. Their quality dropped a bit. Dell is still considered top of > the line if you are considering what is competitive with IBM. (IMHO) > > Rich > "Joseph...

Should I buy an IBM laptop?
So with the news that IBM is selling their PC business is this the time to buy an IBM laptop, since this may be our last chance? Or should I look at other brands since who knows what support, if any, there will be in a years time? maliat@gmail.com writes: > So with the news that IBM is selling their PC business is this the time > to buy an IBM laptop, since this may be our last chance? Or should I > look at other brands since who knows what support, if any, there will > be in a years time? It's a bad situation. All the other brands suck. IBM sucks too, but less than the others, for now. Soon that will change, and IBM will be as bad as the rest. There's one other brand besides IBM which in some ways doesn't suck as much as the rest. That is Apple. But Apple laptops have their own issues with compatibility, some of which amount to new and unique ways of sucking, and they don't give you as wide a range of configurations to choose from. For example, there's no Apple ultraportable. <maliat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1102360695.970670.69130@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > So with the news that IBM is selling their PC business is this the time > to buy an IBM laptop, since this may be our last chance? Or should I > look at other brands since who knows what support, if any, there will > be in a years time? If you do not need support, i.e., you are technically experienced and know how to use books and the resources ...

information about IBM laptops
I'm planning to buy an IBM thinkpad, the options are the G series with the P4 2.6 or the R series with the new centrino 1.4G. does anyone have any info about the speed, heat and reliability of the 2 models? THANKS Ilan Zoro otoren@yahoo.com (ilan) wrote in message news:<72b51284.0312150955.23aa8051@posting.google.com>... > I'm planning to buy an IBM thinkpad, the options are the G series with > the P4 2.6 or the R series with the new centrino 1.4G. does anyone > have any info about the speed, heat and reliability of the 2 models? > THANKS > Ilan Zoro IBM's ar...

IBM Laptop Battery
I am in the market for a new or used battery for my Think pad 1400I. If any of you have old one laying around we might talk. I am looking for part # 02K6633 [Li-Ion] or 02K6520 [Ni-MH]. I would prefer the Li-Ion, but a good price on the other could change my mind. Alan Feemster alanf@wt.net ...

FS: LAPTOP CAR & AIR POWER ADAPTER DC-DC car 12->16VDC $2 WORKS w/ANY LAPTOP (16VDC, 60W, this plug); part# SYD1109-6016 (thirdparty, not IBM).
Posted on Ebay, item# 330332840727 Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330332840727 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Reply either here or via Ebay; but note: I can only take Ebay listing off to sell privately if there're NO bids currently & if Ebay permits. If you're one of those who still have no idea of Ebay, we can simply wait until listing expires (a few days) so I will sell thru Craigslist. PLEASE - read description on Ebay, do NOT need an account to read postings there (just enter item# in search window) Here'is a rough copy of it, but it's best to see Ebay ad. Car & Air Adapter for IBM/Lenovo (Thinkpads); or ANY 16Volt (upto 60Watt power out) powered laptops using a similar DC plug end connecting to laptop. The other end plugs into standard 12Volt car outlets + Airplane adapter is also included (shown on other photos, as explained below). NEW (never used) but I've misplaced original box (carton), been stored in my garage. Reason to sell: I switched to HP laptops shortly afterwards, and my large CAD/Engineering workstation-type of laptops use a different voltage & plug. Whether your laptop accepts 16Volt & what power/current is upto you to check - you may simply look at your current AC adapter's labeling and if it's a similar voltage, and equal or LESS power output, then this adapter will also fit. Note: you cannot damage modern laptops with ...

Auction: IBM early laptop
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250112786051 End time: 18-May-07 20:56:18 AEST (1 day 14 hours) Posts to: Australia Item location: armidale, New South Wales, Australia Model p70 386 It makes all the right sounds as if it is booting up but the screen is black. I do not know if it is just a lose wire or if it is a dead screen. So Sold as is No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

drifting cursor in IBM laptops...
hi in both of my IBM laptops with trackpoint: old tp560 and present tp570 cursor is drifting... it is normal situation or not? if no, can i repair it by myself or only service do this? greetings, dakti if you realise the trackpoint it should recalibrate and stop. If this works you have to simply get used to allowing the trackpoint to recalibrate everytime it starts to drift rather than fight it. dm. "cza cza cza" <plusmius@wp.pl> wrote in message news:cimafp$8if$1@opal.futuro.pl... > hi > > in both of my IBM laptops with trackpoint: > old tp560 and present tp570 cursor is drifting... > it is normal situation or not? > > if no, can i repair it by myself or only service do this? > > greetings, > dakti > > That was of course meant to say 'release' - I was getting sleepy. "Duncan J Murray" <duncan.murray@remove.this.bit.medical-school.and.this.bit.oxford.ac.uk> wrote in message news:cinihl$22b$1@news.ox.ac.uk... > if you realise the trackpoint it should recalibrate and stop. If this > works you have to simply get used to allowing the trackpoint to > recalibrate everytime it starts to drift rather than fight it. > dm. > "cza cza cza" <plusmius@wp.pl> wrote in message > news:cimafp$8if$1@opal.futuro.pl... >> hi >> >> in both of my IBM laptops with trackpoint: >> old tp560 and present tp570 cursor is drifting... >> it is nor...

IBM laptop 560x #2
I have 560x ibm laptop, pls help w/foll. 1) Windows 95 installed in laptop. Planning to buy new pc p4 2.6c ghz, windows Xp will be installed. If a file created in Windows XP, can v work on the same file in windows 95. If not possible pls suggest solution 2) can v upgrade laptop to p4, add 256mb ram, 64mb graphics card & Lan card? I can upgrade do v hv to buy ibm hardware or generic one will do. 3) There r dotted spots on my laptop screen, what do I do to overcome them? I wud appreciate your help. Thks Sunny "sunny" <sunnyp@ouhk.hknet.com> wrote in message news:3f9aca4c@newsgate.hknet.com... > > I have 560x ibm laptop, pls help w/foll. > > 1) Windows 95 installed in laptop. Planning to buy new pc p4 2.6c ghz, > windows Xp will be installed. If a file created in Windows XP, can v work on > the same file in windows 95. If not possible pls suggest solution > As long as you have the same version of the software you used to create the file on the new PC, all will be fine. > 2) can v upgrade laptop to p4, add 256mb ram, 64mb graphics card & Lan card? > I can upgrade do v hv to buy ibm hardware or generic one will do. No, and it's not worth it. More ram alone is your best bet for some increase in performance. If you really need performance, buy a newer laptop. > > 3) There r dotted spots on my laptop screen, what do I do to overcome them? Dead pixels on the screen... nothing you can do about them. > &...

IBM laptop LCD panel
I just gutted an old laptop and the only thing good left over was the working display. I kept the cables for it and I need some help converting this panel over to a desktop. I have found some info via Google, but nothing really set in stone. Found a video card that would work, but no retailers. Also need schematics for this panel. Can anyone help? Here are the details... 12.1 inch TFT IBM P/N 82H5240 ITXG60G Thanks Mike ...

IBM T21 Laptop #2
I have a T21 and when I start it up it goes to the start up screen where you can choose F1 or F12. But, you can't do anything. I does not proceed with the startup nor can you press F1 or F12 and get anything. I have tried a startup disk in the CD and the floppy. Nothing! At the initial start up I hear the hard drive click for about 1-2 seconds and then nothing. Any Ideas or suggestions? ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. Replace the CMOS battery Re-seat the CPU Replace the motherboard On 30 Jul 2004 06:12:37 -0400, 4schuler@charter-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (schulerj3) wrote: >I have a T21 and when I start it up it goes to the start up screen >where you can choose F1 or F12. But, you can't do anything. I does >not proceed with the startup nor can you press F1 or F12 and get >anything. I have tried a startup disk in the CD and the floppy. >Nothing! At the initial start up I hear the hard drive click for >about 1-2 seconds and then nothing. > >Any Ideas or suggestions? > >============== >Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. ...

Web resources about - Which IBM ?? - comp.sys.laptops

Donald Trump's Chicago rally called off due to 'credible threat' from protesters
Protesters at Donald Trump's first Chicago campaign rally were so numerous on Friday that they shut the event at the University of Illinois at ...

Hillary Clinton is Peyton Manning
Or rather “Peyton Manning.” Peyton Manning was a very bad quarterback last season. Not “not great,” not “mediocre,” but very bad. He was the ...

Google software beats human Go champ for third time to clinch series
Google's Go-playing software defeated a human champion for the third straight time Saturday to clinch the best-of-five series and establish its ...

Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires
Business Insider Year in space astronaut hangs up his spacesuit, retires Business Insider FILE - In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 photo provided ...

Police Launch a Suicide Investigation Following the Death of Keith Emerson
Fans were recently left rocked by the news that Keith Emerson has passed away yesterday at the age of 71, however, the news has taken a turn ...

Daylight Saving Time is hot garbage
The Verge Daylight Saving Time is hot garbage The Verge When Benjamin Franklin proposed Daylight Saving Time — he invented it — it was a joke. ...

Wounded Warrior founder open to return
Clinton Herald Wounded Warrior founder open to return Clinton Herald FILE- In this Monday, July 20, 2009 file photo, Steve Nardizzi, CEO of ...

North Korea Submarine Missing As Large Scale US And South Korea Military Drills Continue
A North Korean submarine operating off North Korea’s east coast has gone missing. Three senior officials revealed that U.S. aircraft, ships and ...

Police: 6 skiers dead in Italian Alps avalanche
USA TODAY Police: 6 skiers dead in Italian Alps avalanche USA TODAY MILAN (AP) — An avalanche struck high in the Italian Alps on Saturday, ...

Dog Whisperer Investigated For Alleged Pig Baiting
The “Dog Whisperer” Cesar Millan is being investigated for animal cruelty. A segment from his popular TV show on Nat Geo WILD caused public uproar ...