Who SELLING new IBM 7200rpm LAPTOP drives NOW ???

hi all,
where can i find a seller of those new 7200rpm laptop drives. pls advice,
thx
-V

>where can i find a seller of those new 7200rpm laptop drives.

Vince, click the down-arrow to the right of the box in the
middle of this site:

  http://tinyurl.com/fuik

John

http://www.thinkpads.com/start.htm#Model

0
carygee (9)
7/2/2003 4:45:18 PM
I believe you can only buy them with the purchase of a new laptop (IBM
and Dell, are the only ones I know of now) according to this article:

The original press release at hitachi also says something to that
effect.

-G

"Vince" <phanvincent@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<BgBMa.74860$Io.7020686@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
> hi all,
> where can i find a seller of those new 7200rpm laptop drives. pls advice,
> thx
> -V
0
xanthinine (101)
7/2/2003 8:16:24 PM
> Just curious, but if Hitachi themselves isn't selling them,
> either directly or through one of their listed resellers, how
> could this company get 'em?

It's not too surprising. www.newegg.com had them in stock last week. They
are out now but expect more in a few days.

www.newegg.com and www.googlegear.com are the canonical places to buy hard
drives.

-Mike

0
Mike2226 (460)

7200rpm laptop drive killing laptops
Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. He came back again after 2 two days and the laptop is completely dead. The only common thing between the two laptops that I gave to the customer was the hard drive. I am inclined to think that the 7200rpm drive is not meant for these old laptops. The first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite 4300. The second laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8200. Would the difference between the 5400 rpm drive and the 7200 rpm be that much more, in terms of heat generation and power consumption? Anyone with any experience on this, please share. Thank you, Aqueeb. aqueeb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I recently sold a laptop to a customer who wanted the laptop ide > drive to be upgraded to a 7200 rpm one. I put in a 60GB > "HTS726060M9AT00" Hitachi Drive. He took the laptop, used it for two > days and brought the laptop back. I check the usual, ram, hard drive, > all the connections to the motherboard. Everything seemed fine but > nothing would come on the screen. So I gave the customer a second > laptop, with the 7200 rpm Hitachi Drive. H...

Need external laptop drive case --- for SATA laptop drive
Anyone know where you can get an external USB laptop case (or just a cable type adapter), but for a 2.5" laptop drive that is Serial ATA (SATA) rather than the more mundaten IDE? My new Toshiba laptop has such a drive in it. ...

Power supply New laptop batteries,laptop charger(AC/DC Adapter) for HP, Compaq, Sony, Dell, Acer, IBM, Toshiba on sale.
Buy Discount New laptop batteries? We offer you high quality, high capacity spare laptop battery(backup) and universal Laptop battery, replacement Laptop (Notebook) Batteries, laptop battery conditioner,Power supply Auto air AC/DC Adapters (Charger) and universal adapter plug. info detail : http://www.buy-laptop-battery.org ...

New laptop sys
I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless connectivity is also a necessity. I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this subject that is current and helpful? Thanks for your help, JOHN I am satisfied with a Toshiba M15-S405. Iam shure that other manfacturers have equally qualified offerings. Henry "John" <drmonkeyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cf4a3a2.0307061705.2aa786a3@posting.google.com... > I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has > to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless > connectivity is also a necessity. > > I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more > experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this > subject that is current and helpful? > > Thanks for your help, > JOHN ...

Laptop power on Delta Flight
Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx <netkid12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162851896.492010.281670@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, i will be travelling internationally and just wanted to find out > which adapter would be compatible with the airline power system. I will > be taking a Delta flight Boeing 777-200. As per seatguru.com all seats > do have inseat power but can't seem to find out for certain which > adapter would be compatible. Delta uses the Empower system. I am > looking at a couple of targus adapters however am not sure if I should > get the 75W or the 90W. Is there a difference on the plane? Would the > 90W adapter work if the Delta power system is only 75W? thx If the adapter fits then it wouldn't matter. Watts is the result of the voltage available and the current that your laptop draws. The power rating is a max, not necessarily what it will draw. You will only draw the power that you need. So ge...

What to use for laptop laptopping?
My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of plywood I'm using now? Peabody wrote: > My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, > so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that > everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece > of plywood I'm using now? Something like this? http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ -- Notan Notan wrote: > Peabody wrote: >> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, so >> I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece of >> plywood I'm using now? > > Something like this? > > http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ Here's another: http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.html -- Notan Notan wrote: > Notan wrote: >> Peabody wrote: >>> My new Toshiba L35 has vents at various places all over the bottom, >>> so I'm reluctant to just put it on my lap. Is there something that >>> everybody uses as a base that's a little more uptown than the piece >>> of plywood I'm using now? >> >> Something like this? >> >> http://www.xpad4laptop.com/ > >...

Westinghouse sells laptops now?
Wow I didn't know Westinghouse now sells laptops? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2539636&Sku=W330-3000 -- Bill Only the name is being used. Like some other "old" names (Packard-Bell, anyone? ... and even "Zenith"), the name has been bought and is being used to market a number of products (also LCD monitors and LCD/plasma TV sets). But it's not the Westinghouse that those of us who have been around for half a century may remember. It's just a marketing name. BillW50 wrote: > > Wow I didn't know Westinghouse now sells laptops? > > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2539636&Sku=W330-3000 > > ...

laptop to laptop copy???
What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Joe ********************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM* * Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) * * Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR * ********************************************************** Joseph Fenn <jfenn@lava.net> writes: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs copier! Is there a cheaper way > to do it. Will laplink actually copy contents of an older laptop > such as Toshiba Satelite 20CDT to a newer laptops such as > a P4 Notepad with a 20gig HDD in it ???? Normally these days you'd use ethernet for something like that. Copying that much data through a serial port would take forever. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:12:55 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote: > What is the best software (cable) etc to copy the contents of one > laptop to another laptop?? I think it use to be "laplink" very > expensive avenue!!! Or Bobs...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

Laptop died -- can I switch hard drives between laptops
I'm reasonably handy with computers but I'm kind of stymied on this one. I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron with a Pentium III and Windows 2000. My laptop just decided to die on me. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is okay, as I replaced the hard drive less than 6 months ago. My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds that the new laptop will boot up? If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? Wilbur <wilburpan@hotmail.com> writes: > My question is, there's a lot of data I need to get off of my hard > drive. If I take out the hard drive and stick it into another laptop > with a Pentium M or a Pentium 4 (or even an AMD), what are the odds > that the new laptop will boot up? Windows is likely to notice the different hardware configuration and gripe about a full boot, but it will probably come up ok in safe mode. > If my idea above doesn't work, has anyone had experience with sticking > a laptop hard drive in a USB external drive enclosure? That should work. I like these things, though it's more expensive than you need, because of the included power supply. Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes: > That should work. I like these things, though it&...

SELL BRAND NEW LAPTOPS
We are a new and reliable company suppliers of brand new laptops at unbeatable prices with one year international warrenty. They are all brand new and comes in a factory sealed boxes with full accessories. get back to us by email:c12s1limited@yahoo.co.uk phone:phone:+447031899318 ...

Laptop to Laptop by Wireless
Hi Everyone I need some help with a question please? Me and a couple of mates have Wireless Laptops and wanna set up a LAN. Is it possible to do this without going thru a router, kinda like running a "Virtual Router" or something on one laptop and the others connect into it? If it helps we wanna play Civ 3 Conquests Multiplayer, I am pretty sure it either uses TCP/IP. I have set up normal cable networks before at home and have done a quick Google on it to no avail! I have ordered a Netger WGT634UK for the home ready, but this is just if we are at work and wanna have a quick go. ...

New Laptop Technology You Need To Know (Before Buying Your Next Laptop)
Laptop or notebook computer technology is advancing at a blistering speed. Ferrari fast. So fast that by the time you purchase your new laptop, it's probably already obsolete or out of date. A sobering thought considering the hefty prices you have to pay for a high-end laptop. Read More http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-laptop-technology-you-need-to-know.html "jessi" <winwithwords@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175775936.608125.321110@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Laptop or notebook computer technology is advancing at a blistering > speed. Ferrari fast. So fast that by the time you purchase your new > laptop, it's probably already obsolete or out of date. A sobering > thought considering the hefty prices you have to pay for a high-end > laptop. > Read More > http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-laptop-technology-you-need-to-know.html > This trend seemed to be not as detrimental a couple of years ago. It was worse in the late 90s when I bought my first computer. With the present duo core processors and quad and who knows, it might be getting worse again. And the new emphasis on more than 1gb of RAM because of Vista, and more disk space. Processors of the future might be able to 'spawn' processors. ...

Now Win a laptop computer from (EZ laptop) free of charge
All you have to do is just click on the link below and register on- site.And you'll know the rest of the steps on your own http://ezlaptop.com/?r=130329 Good luck to all ...

New Laptop Technology You Need To Know (Before Buying Your Next Laptop)
Laptop or notebook computer technology is advancing at a blistering speed. Ferrari fast. So fast that by the time you purchase your new laptop, it's probably already obsolete or out of date. A sobering thought considering the hefty prices you have to pay for a high-end laptop. Read Full Details http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-laptop-technology-you-need-to-know.html ...

Now Win a laptop computer from (EZ laptop) free of charge
All you have to do is just click on the link below and register on- site.And you'll know the rest of the steps on your own http://ezlaptop.com/?r=130329 Good luck to all ...

What is exactly refurbished laptop compare to regular dell/IBM laptop?
What is refurbished laptop exacrly?. Howcom it is cheap compare to thers?. I am looking for cheap laptop, which is good one?. Also I need the some standard configuration?. I need it for power point and web use for internet/e-mail. Thanks in advance. Santa wrote: > What is refurbished laptop exacrly?. Howcom it is cheap compare to > thers?. I am looking for cheap laptop, which is good one?. Also I > need the some standard configuration?. I need it for power point and > web use for internet/e-mail. Thanks in advance. Refurbished can mean several things: the notebook was simply returned, it was returned with a failed component, it was returned with a visual defect. In any event, the notebook is fixed if necessary and placed back in stock as refurbished - it performs as if new. In many countries, consumer goods returned to the vendor cannot be sold as "new" even if there are no defects since vendors have been known to claim that repaired goods were new. Many people purchase nothing but refurbished goods, figuring that if the goods are going to fail, they will fail within the return period - typical of electronic devices like computers. The goods are heavily discounted since they cannot be sold as "new" and people normally want "new" rather than "as good as new". Q What he (quaoar@tenthplanet.net) said -- but note that the warranty on a refurb. may be shorter than on a new one. MB On 11/08/04 02:19 pm S...

Now Win a laptop computer from (EZ laptop) free of charge
All you have to do is just click on the link below and register on- site.And you'll know the rest of the steps on your own http://ezlaptop.com/?r=130329 Good luck to all ...

Now Win a laptop computer from (EZ laptop) free of charge
All you have to do is just click on the link below and register on- site.And you'll know the rest of the steps on your own http://ezlaptop.com/?r=130329 Good luck to all ...

Using a 7200RPM Laptop Hard Drive
Hi, Ive got a toshiba satellite 3000 which came with a 20Gb 4200RPM hard drive. Im planning on upgrading and would like to know if the hitachi 7200RPM drive would work ok. Or should I just go for a 5200RPM drive? Thanks Eyman The faster hdd should work just fine. I have done this upgrade several times and it is a nice performance upgrade. "Eyman" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message news:4073a371$0$27650$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au... > Hi, > > Ive got a toshiba satellite 3000 which came with a 20Gb 4200RPM hard drive. > > Im planning on upgrading and would like to know if the hitachi 7200RPM drive > would work ok. > > Or should I just go for a 5200RPM drive? > > Thanks > > Eyman > > ...

installing a new hard drive into my laptop
at the moment i only have 40gb and really need more. any ideas how to go about this? thanks kaz wrote: > at the moment i only have 40gb and really need more. any ideas how to > go about this? > > thanks > Buy a 80G (newegg, zipzoomfly) Hitachi or Ibm Travelstar and install it. Once you tell us which laptop you have, more useful info will certainly come. -- John Doue i have got a acer 2700 thank You seem like a fine young man. Check this out: https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/TM2200_2700_UserManual.pdf What wussies! For a hard disk upgrade they tell you to consult your dealer. However, if you look on page 19 of the manual you will see a bottom view of the notebook. Item 3 is the hard disk bay. Looks very easy, remove the cover and you should be looking at the HD. I wish my ancient Compaq was as easy to service. I have to split it in half to get to the HD. "kaz" <harriesspike@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:gA2Me.61113$D21.17417@fe07.news.easynews.com... >i have got a acer 2700 > > thanks > ...

Hitachi 7K60 7200RPM laptop drive
Hey guys/gals - please reply to this if you have one: I just got one of these drives for my IBM R40 Centrino laptop. What a difference!!! However, one thing concerns/annoys me... I hear a whirring (windy rustling sound) coming from the drive..now I presume that's due to the 7200 RPM, but it also seems to change (faster -- then slower....then stays slower for a time...) It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I am actually using the drive or if the laptop is simply idle. I have nothing running and all the 'defrag' and other things that could mess with the drive (like indexing) are all fully disabled. I run XP Pro. Is this normal? - if so what and why? anyone else see this? ...Please respond only back to the group. Thanks in advance for ANY and ALL replies! "J.D. Bronson" <obviouslyfake@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:R8yXb.7419$PY.5016@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com... > Hey guys/gals - please reply to this if you have one: > > I just got one of these drives for my IBM R40 > Centrino laptop. What a difference!!! > > However, one thing concerns/annoys me... > > I hear a whirring (windy rustling sound) coming > from the drive..now I presume that's due to the > 7200 RPM, but it also seems to change (faster -- > then slower....then stays slower for a time...) > > It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I am > actually using the drive or if the laptop is > simply idle. I have nothing...

Advice...Old laptop crash, new laptop Eudora without Reg#
Hi all Last year my old laptop crashed, literally to the floor. I have not taken time to set up a new power supply for hard drive to do a recovery. How, without knowing which of many past emails I used when registering Eudora, can I get the info from Eudora? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Dan Remove x for email reply. danl <daninxpasco@gmail.com> wrote in news:3qn5c65ugkh3r2nvt3u3k24hhh6mvid5a0@4ax.com: > Hi all > Last year my old laptop crashed, literally to the floor. I have not > taken time to set up a new power supply for hard drive to do a >...

Cheap Laptops Guide
Laptop computers are so essential these days for most people. Buying a good laptop should be a priority for almost anybody. But since technology keeps changing so fast, any laptop computer you buy today will most likely be hopelessly outdated in a few short months. Read More http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/04/cheap-laptops-guide-how-to-buy-brand.html ...

Web resources about - Who SELLING new IBM 7200rpm LAPTOP drives NOW ??? - comp.sys.laptops

Selling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Selling is offering to exchange an item of value for a different item. The original item of value being offered may be either tangible or intangible. ...

Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Converts More Shares For Future Selling; Others Offload Stock
A few Facebook executives rang in the new year by selling off some of their stock in the company , making a tidy sum in the process. Facebook ...

Tickets selling fast for Brisbane's World Science Festival
Brisbane's World Science Festival begins on Wednesday and is shaping up as an out-of-this-world experience.

Selling e-cigarettes remains illegal after appeal dismissed at Perth's Supreme Court
It is still illegal to sell e-cigarettes in Western Australia after a conviction in a landmark case on the matter was upheld in WA's Supreme ...

Girl Scouts robbed while selling cookies at local store
... Ohio - The Fairfield County Sheriff's Office is searching for the person who stole more than $500 from a Girl Scout troop which was selling ...

- Travis Rosbach, back in Bend after years of traveling, has no regrets about selling in 2012
Travis Rosbach describes the company he founded eight years ago, Hydro Flask, as he would a child. He and his partner at the time, Cindy Morse, ...

Trump profiting from selling visas?
Trump profiting from selling visas? by digby This is the kind of thing that should be hard to explain - but probably won't be: Throughout his ...

Verizon Weighs Selling Bonds Backed by Customers’ Phone Payments
Verizon Communications Inc., the largest U.S. wireless provider, may sell bonds backed by the payments its customers owe for financing phones. ...

Amazon just started selling suits made in Canada — and the early reviews say they're actually good
It's true: Amazon has started making its own private label clothing . One of these labels, Franklin Tailored , makes men's suits and accessories. ...

Sears investor selling off shares
Fairholme Capital remains Sears' second-largest shareholder.