Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51

Hi,

I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM
ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows
the message:

ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini]

and exits.

Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to
download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver
download/install software does not help either).

If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and
tricks) to install the driver then please let me know!

Best regards
Thomas

0
hyldgaard (1)

Thomas, did you find a workaround?
I am trying the same thing wih a Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2
regards,
Baltico MCP

hyldgaard@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM
> ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program
shows
> the message:
>
> ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini]
>
> and exits.
>
> Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to
> download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver
> download/install software does not help either).
>
> If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips
and
> tricks) to install the driver then please let me know!
>
> Best regards
> Thomas

I finally made it. First Download the driver from Intel

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=&DwnldID=7822&ProductID=1637

Then, from Windows Device manager, update the "?" driver and point to
the path where the downloaded drivers were uncompressed.

Windows 2003 failover driver for IBM DS4300 Turbo (HP servers)
I need to connect a Windows 2003 cluster (HP servers) to a DS4300 Turbo storage, but haven't been able to find the necessary utilities and drivers for failover on the IBM website. The closest I get is RDAC for LINUX. Are those not publicly available? What is the best setup for this, and how do I get my hands on the files? Would MS MPIO do the trick? Thanks, Ole Thomsen I know that you can get the RDAC driver from the storage manager installer. Download the IBM Storage Manager and in the options for the install you can choose to install the RDAC component. This m...

install problem of audio driver of windows server 2003 under win2k3 server sp2
hi.have you ever experienced this kind of problem just as follows: first of all, I want to apologize for my awful english. enviroment:windows 2k3 enterprise edition+sevice-pack2+the old ibm t23 thing i have done: 1.search the lenovo website for newest driver ;but it seems that there isn't any windows server 2003 driver for any thinkpad product. 2.try to install the provided NT4.0 and XP audio driver by runing the setup file of the driver-install- pack.but it doesn't work.[in the device-manager the label turn to Crystal Audio[i cannot recall it clearly];but the volume...

Laptops with windows server 2003
Can anyone tell where I can buy a windows server 2003 laptop? I had a good mind to buy a dell inspiron 9300, but no mention of windows server 2003 on the dell web site. Any suggestion ? Is it possible to buy an inspiron without XP and to install server 2003 separately? Maybe this is a better solution than this pre-installed XP stuff. Anyway, I dont want to pay for a useless copy of XP or to have a second server 2003 boot. Jacques Jacques wrote: > Can anyone tell where I can buy a windows server 2003 laptop? I had a good > mind to buy a dell inspiron 9300, but no mention of windo...

Laptop and windows server 2003
Hi all, I am looking for a laptop with windows server 2003, mainly for sharepoint development purposes. I could not find any offer at dell's for example. I am reluctant to buy windows 2003 additionally to a XP pre-equipped laptop. Did anyone have the same problem? Thanks. Jacques Jacques wrote: > Hi all, > > > > I am looking for a laptop with windows server 2003, mainly for sharepoint > development purposes. I could not find any offer at dell's for example. I > am reluctant to buy windows 2003 additionally to a XP pre-equipped laptop. > 120-day...

IBM thinkpad wireless lan question
Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following information on the IBM USA site: On this page, http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623 the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4 2681. but on...

lan drivers for IBM T23 laptop?
Anyone know which driver to use for this laptop? There are several posted on the IBM site. superman202@comcast.net wrote: > Anyone know which driver to use for this laptop? There are several > posted on the IBM site. Install this and run it: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=SOFT-UPDATE It will find and install the correct driver for you. Regards, James ...

Yamaha ymf744 driver for windows 2003 server
Can anyone please tell me where I can find the driver for Yamaha ymf744 sound card for windows 2003 server ? I have not been able to enable my sound because of the driver's unavailability. I have tried using the drivers for Windows 2000 and XP but none of them worked. I will appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks Puneet On 10 Aug 2003 16:54:38 -0700, Puneet Murgai wrote: >Can anyone please tell me where I can find the driver for Yamaha >ymf744 sound card for windows 2003 server ? I have not been able to >enable my sound because of the driver's unavailability...

SMC IrCC driver for windows server 2003
Hello. Does anybody knows where to get generic windows server 2003 driver for SMC IrCC fast infrared device? It is used, for instance, in Acer Travelmate 290. Than in advance. ...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

IBM thinkpad R40 celeron wireless lan question
Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following information on the IBM USA site: On this page, http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623 the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4 2681. but on...

Windows 2003 Standard Server and inserting SCSI drivers
Well, hi there. Guess I need an idea about how to force Windows 2003 Server to accept a driver without the hardware being present. So far I'm at a complete loss. Here's the layout. Old machine blew up, new server bought. Both with Intel E7520 chipset and Intel Pro/1000 NICs to minimize problems as much as possible. The old box had a truly crappy SATA RAID controller with nothing you could honestly call "performance" without shaming yourself. "Works as designed", as a certain manufacturer told me. The new one has an U320 RAID controller onboard, which performs rather nicely. (125 MB/sec average sustained read rate isn't all that bad, I'd say.) So, what I have to do in order to move the Windows installation (yes, I intend to keep it. Too much stuff on it.) is make it eat the new controller driver. Unfortunately it steadfastly refuses to swallow it. Since the controller is onboard in the new machine, I can't take it out. Even if, the old machine is done for, no points for going down that path. The strange thing is that I don't even up with the well-known INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bluescreen, as I had expected. The system CAN access the SCSI RAID volume, I'm getting as far as the Windows 2003 loading screen with the moving thingy in the bottom half, and after a few seconds the box restarts all by itself. When trying to boot into Safe Mode I can see drivers loading (very fast) and that's it, reset. What...

eBay: IBM Thinkpad with Windows XP, Office 2003
http://301url.com/Thinkpad So ? On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:30:04 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote: >http://301url.com/Thinkpad So ? ...

Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH*
Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH* - MICROSOFT, IBM Everyplace Mobile Device Enterprise Toolkit v2.0 WS, AutoRoute 2004 [2 CDs], MapPoint Europe 2004 [2 CDs], DVD 01 Microsoft Encarta Reference Library Plus DVD 2004, Paloalto Business Plan Pro 2004, Peachtree First Accounting 2004, for more .nfo, please send e-mail -> tel2003@pathfinder.gr, tel2003@popmail.com, msteve@otenet.gr, and for the complete list of 12,000 PC tutorials, for 300 Med...

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

filemaker server on windows 2003 server
Hello, I just upgraded my server from a NT4 server to a windows 2003 server with new hardware (currently running 2 times Xeon 2.8, 2 GB RAM, 4 X 10K rpm 74GB in raid 5 configuration). Everything works fine (no speed problems, using 1Gbit switch) only filemaker is extremely slow. I configured filemaker server 5.5 to use 40MB (maximum). If the clients want to open a lot of files simutaniously (I'm using a lot of portals) or want to print huge lists, filemaker is extremely slowly. I checked the cpu usage and network usage, but it peaks at 0.7 %, so I don't think the cpu is the pro...

IBM Thinkpad T30
I'm using wireless lan and I cannot get the bluetooth to work. Is it true that I cannot use both at the same time ? Where can I get information on how to enable blue tooth to connect to my mobile ? Thanks. no.. that would be crappy.. i use bluetooth and wifi simultaneously on my t41 all the time.. they are seperate devices.. with seperate antenna.. (on seperate frequencies?) windows may object to you using both as lan adaptors tho.. even though i'm pretty sure i've done that as well. Aaron "flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:587d1f91.0405180231.1635dfc7@posting.google.com... > I'm using wireless lan and I cannot get the bluetooth to work. > > Is it true that I cannot use both at the same time ? > > Where can I get information on how to enable blue tooth to connect to my mobile ? > > Thanks. I'm getting suspicious on whether my T30 does have BlueTooth. The reason is that there is no BlueTooth Logo on my thinkpad. It does have a LCD but no BlueTooth switch. Does all T30 have BlueTooth ? Is so, where is my BlueTooth switch ? Thanks. bluetooth is kinda new... i seriously doubt it's on your t30 i bought a t41 at the beginning of the year.. and bt was too expensive for me.. but i installed it later.. point is.. you'd know it if you had it. ps.. bluetooth is not wifi.. "flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:587d1f91.040520023...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

Setup IBM DS 300 to a Windows 2003 server running on HS20
Hello, Our company recently bought a new DS 300 with one single SCSI connecter to be used by one blade server HS20. I have read all over the documentation and I still cannot figure out the way to have this HS20 Windows 2003 server see the drives on the operating system. I was able to create the logical dirves and see the device using the Serve Raid but under the operating system I still cannot add or see the drives usign the disk manager under windows 2003. am I doing the right steps here>? I am kind of lost now and I would like to hook up this device. Any help is greatly appre...

install problem of audio driver on windows server 2k3 sp2 under ibm t23
hi.have you ever experienced this kind of problem just as follows: first of all, I want to apologize for my awful english. enviroment:windows 2k3 enterprise edition+sevice-pack2+the old ibm t23 thing i have done: 1.search the lenovo website for newest driver ;but it seems that there isn't any windows server 2003 driver for any thinkpad product. 2.try to install the provided NT4.0 and XP audio driver by runing the setup file of the driver-install- pack.but it doesn't work.[in the device-manager the label turn to Crystal Audio[i cannot recall it clearly];but the volume i...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

freebsd server and windows 2003 server coexist
the point is to save money by not buying MS Exchange and ISA. the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? thanks hou jinihou@yahoo.com (HOU) writes: > the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch > and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running > freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? Sure. They don't even need to know about each other unless the Windows server has something to do with e-mail. -- Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area: resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/ username/password "public" HOU wrote: > the point is to save money by not buying MS Exchange and ISA. > > the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch > and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running > freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? > > thanks > > hou Yes. And although you don't ask for it: With help of Samba and some other software you can take over almost all functions of the Win2k3-server making it useless and a waste of money. ;) Hans ...

Web resources about - Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51 - comp.sys.laptops

Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wireless communication is the transfer of information between two or more points that are not connected by an electrical conductor. The most ...

Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wireless communication is the transfer of information between two or more points that are not connected by an electrical conductor. The most ...

Wireless Federation - Serving 500+ mobile operators across 142 countries
Research Each year we cover 30+ research streams that form the basis of our knowledge deliverables to our mobile operator customers. Over 500+ ...

Wireless Technology - Mobile - Network
... community with a rapidly expanding network of nearly 400 companies across the globe interested in the development and application of wireless ...

Get healthier with the Digital Smart Wireless Body Fat Scale
... will record your body fat rate, body water, bone mass, muscle mass, BMI, BMR, and visceral fat. The Facts Company:1byone Product: Smart Wireless ...

Big sale knocks more than $50 off a lightning-fast smart Wireless AC router
If you live in a house full of devices and you want to ensure that each and every wireless connection in your home is as fast as possible, the ...

There are major IoT announcements coming from these wireless carriers
The nation's two leading wireless carriers just made some major announcements at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona with regard to their Internet ...

Mophie’s Wireless Charging Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Series Actually Make Sense
... them for $100 million. Their juice pack line of cases is being updated for the release of the new Samsung phones with a new feature — wireless ...

Think 5G wireless is speeding to your phone? Hold your horses
5G will deliver real benefits and expand what mobile networks can do, but you'll have to be very, very patient. And today's hype could even mar ...

MouseJack: 'Billions' of wireless keyboards, mice vulnerable to $15 hijack attack
With $15 of equipment and 15 lines of code, hackers could remotely hijack wireless mice and keyboards from a distance up to 328 feet away. Dubbed ...