X31 "access IBM" button question

I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
installed it and got a Blue Screen error:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer ....

***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "

I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the above
message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup, press the
blue Access IBM button.

However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the BIOS
setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2, f3 etc),
I have not been able to get back.

At this point, I have 3 questions :

1. How do I get back to BIO setup?

2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
MBR (to get past the blue screen message)

3. Is there any web references on the X31

I appreciate any help, thanks
Lou

Lou Lipnickey wrote:
> I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
> come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
> installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>
> "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer ....
>
> ***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>
> I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
> memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the
> above message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup,
> press the blue Access IBM button.
>
> However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the
> BIOS setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2,
> f3 etc), I have not been able to get back.
>
> At this point, I have 3 questions :
>
> 1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>
> 2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
> MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>
> 3. Is there any web references on the X31
>
> I appreciate any help, thanks
> Lou

" I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a
Blue Screen error" -  This is a little confusing...  Did you install XP
on the drive when the drive was installed in the laptop, or did you
install XP with the drive mounted on another computer and switch the
drive to the laptop?  Did you format the drive on the laptop or
elsewhere?

quaoar (1575)
12/13/2004 3:19:06 PM
Lou Lipnickey wrote:

> I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
> come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
> installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>
> "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer ....
>
> ***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>
> I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
> memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the above
> message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup, press the
> blue Access IBM button.
>
> However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the BIOS
> setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2, f3 etc),
> I have not been able to get back.
>
> At this point, I have 3 questions :
>
> 1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>
> 2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
> MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>
> 3. Is there any web references on the X31

Go to <http://www.ibm.com>, then "support and downloads", then plug the type
and model number (that's a 4 digit number, probably starting with "2", a
hyphen, and a three character code that might have letters or numbers) into
the search engine and it will tell you what is available.

The bottom line though is that that machine came with a recovery partition
that has to be present for the machine to boot, and to get that partition
back you need the recovery CD.  If the machine originally came with Windows
XP then you should be able to order one from IBM Service for a reasonable
price, if it came with Windows 2000 those recovery CDs are no longer
available (some kind of Microsoft legal crap I understand--not IBM's
decision) and you may be screwed unless they can upgrade you.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Quaoar wrote:

> Lou Lipnickey wrote:
>
>>I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
>>come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
>>installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>>
>>"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>>damage to your computer ....
>>
>>***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>>
>>I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
>>memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the
>>above message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup,
>>press the blue Access IBM button.
>>
>>However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the
>>BIOS setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2,
>>f3 etc), I have not been able to get back.
>>
>>At this point, I have 3 questions :
>>
>>1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>>
>>2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
>>MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>>
>>3. Is there any web references on the X31
>>
>>I appreciate any help, thanks
>>Lou
>

> " I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a
> Blue Screen error" -  This is a little confusing...  Did you install XP
> on the drive when the drive was installed in the laptop, or did you
> install XP with the drive mounted on another computer and switch the
> drive to the laptop?  Did you format the drive on the laptop or
> elsewhere?

Well, that's why it's not working, those two laptops have very different IDE
controllers, which is all that XP cares about. If you do a repair install it
should re-detect all the hardware and work.

"Lou Lipnickey" <lou.lipnickey@pobox.com> wrote in message
>I installed XP on my X20 then  moved the drive to the X31, (sounds like it
>might make a difference) - Lou
>
> Quaoar wrote:
>
>> Lou Lipnickey wrote:
>>
>>>I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
>>>come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
>>>installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>>>
>>>"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>>>damage to your computer ....
>>>
>>>***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>>>
>>>I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
>>>memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the
>>>above message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup,
>>>press the blue Access IBM button.
>>>
>>>However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the
>>>BIOS setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2,
>>>f3 etc), I have not been able to get back.
>>>
>>>At this point, I have 3 questions :
>>>
>>>1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>>>
>>>2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
>>>MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>>>
>>>3. Is there any web references on the X31
>>>
>>>I appreciate any help, thanks
>>>Lou
>>

>> " I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a Blue
>> Screen error" -  This is a little confusing...  Did you install XP on the
>> drive when the drive was installed in the laptop, or did you install XP
>> with the drive mounted on another computer and switch the drive to the
>> laptop?  Did you format the drive on the laptop or elsewhere?

voodle1 (7)
12/13/2004 6:37:02 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I have a x20 ultrabase but not one for the
X31. I'll have to figure out a way to have it access a CD.

Another question. How do I get access to the BIOS again. Once I switched
it to debug, I it  doesn't seem to recognize the "Access IBM" button?
Thanks
Lou

Lou Lipnickey wrote:

> I installed XP on my X20 then  moved the drive to the X31, (sounds like
> it might make a difference) - Lou

The X20 uses the old 440BX chipset.  The X31 uses the 845 if I recall
correctly.  With the 800 series Intel changed the disk controller interface
significantly.  The "generic" IDE drivers work fine with both, but
optimized drivers for the 440BX break on the 800 series.  I don't recall
now whether XP installs optimized drivers for the 440BX or not--if it does
or if you installed Intel Application Accelerator then that's your problem.

> Quaoar wrote:
>
>> Lou Lipnickey wrote:
>>
>>>I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
>>>come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
>>>installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>>>
>>>"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>>>damage to your computer ....
>>>
>>>***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>>>
>>>I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
>>>memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the
>>>above message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup,
>>>press the blue Access IBM button.
>>>
>>>However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the
>>>BIOS setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2,
>>>f3 etc), I have not been able to get back.
>>>
>>>At this point, I have 3 questions :
>>>
>>>1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>>>
>>>2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
>>>MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>>>
>>>3. Is there any web references on the X31
>>>
>>>I appreciate any help, thanks
>>>Lou
>>

>> " I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a
>> Blue Screen error" -  This is a little confusing...  Did you install XP
>> on the drive when the drive was installed in the laptop, or did you
>> install XP with the drive mounted on another computer and switch the
>> drive to the laptop?  Did you format the drive on the laptop or
>> elsewhere?

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
0
jclarke (338)
12/13/2004 7:28:04 PM
Got my answer, "F1" - Lou

Lou Lipnickey wrote:

> Thanks, I'll give it a try. I have a x20 ultrabase but not one for the
> X31. I'll have to figure out a way to have it access a CD.

If you can't get to to where it will boot from a USB-attached device you may
be stuck with finding an Ultrabase.

> Another question. How do I get access to the BIOS again. Once I switched
> it to debug, I it  doesn't seem to recognize the "Access IBM" button?

You might want to try downloading the service manuals from the IBM site.  I
don't recall the direct links offhand but they're not hard to find.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
0
jclarke (338)
12/13/2004 8:03:44 PM
Do a google search on moving hard drive XP
It will direct you to a Microsoft web site which gives the
instructions and files to move a drive

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:17:59 GMT, Lou Lipnickey
<lou.lipnickey@pobox.com> wrote:

>I installed XP on my X20 then  moved the drive to the X31, (sounds like
>it might make a difference) - Lou
>
>Quaoar wrote:
>
>> Lou Lipnickey wrote:
>>
>>>I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
>>>come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
>>>installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>>>
>>>"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>>>damage to your computer ....
>>>
>>>***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>>>
>>>I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
>>>memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the
>>>above message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup,
>>>press the blue Access IBM button.
>>>
>>>However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the
>>>BIOS setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2,
>>>f3 etc), I have not been able to get back.
>>>
>>>At this point, I have 3 questions :
>>>
>>>1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>>>
>>>2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
>>>MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>>>
>>>3. Is there any web references on the X31
>>>
>>>I appreciate any help, thanks
>>>Lou
>>

>> " I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a
>> Blue Screen error" -  This is a little confusing...  Did you install XP
>> on the drive when the drive was installed in the laptop, or did you
>> install XP with the drive mounted on another computer and switch the
>> drive to the laptop?  Did you format the drive on the laptop or
>> elsewhere?

scosgt (250)
12/14/2004 2:16:35 AM
Thanks - I have a LaCie external drive but its not clear whether its
bootable. I tried last night but I couldn't boot from it. The ultrabase
is nice (I have one for the X20) but I can't say I use it a lot (I have
the dock which is great and supposedly compatible with the X31). Do you
have any way to determine if the CD is bootable? Thanks
Lou

Lou Lipnickey wrote:

> Thanks - I have a LaCie external drive but its not clear whether its
> bootable. I tried last night but I couldn't boot from it. The ultrabase
> is nice (I have one for the X20) but I can't say I use it a lot (I have
> the dock which is great and supposedly compatible with the X31). Do you
> have any way to determine if the CD is bootable? Thanks

The Windows 2000 and Windows XP distribution CDs are bootable if that's what
you're asking.  The recovery CD will also be bootable.

If you mean the drive, that's a function of the computer BIOS--if it
supports boot from a USB device then there should be no problem, if not
then there's not much you can do about it.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
0
jclarke (338)
12/15/2004 1:21:04 AM
Lou Lipnickey <lou.lipnickey@pobox.com> writes:
> Thanks - I have a LaCie external drive but its not clear whether its
> bootable. I tried last night but I couldn't boot from it. The
> ultrabase is nice (I have one for the X20) but I can't say I use it a
> lot (I have the dock which is great and supposedly compatible with the
> X31). Do you have any way to determine if the CD is bootable? Thanks

Try to get an actual X31 IBM recovery CD since there is various
Thinkpad-specific stuff in the preinstall.  If your X31 is still under
warranty you should be able to buy a recovery CD from IBM for
something like $45.   They sometimes show up on ebay, e.g.:

   http://tinyurl.com/62hlg

The X31 should be able to boot from a USB CD drive.  I don't know
about the X20.
0
phr.cx (5493)
12/15/2004 3:13:05 AM
Thanks for all your comments. My current problem is that I have 2-3 year
old LaCie 24x 10x 40x U+I (USB and IEEE1394) and the X31 doesn't seem to
recognize it. I have USB enabled and I choose the CD boot option. I am
now presuming the drive isn't bootable. My X20 has similar BIOS options
and it doesn't recognize it either.
Lou

J. Clarke wrote:
> Lou Lipnickey wrote:
>

>>Thanks - I have a LaCie external drive but its not clear whether its
>>bootable. I tried last night but I couldn't boot from it. The ultrabase
>>is nice (I have one for the X20) but I can't say I use it a lot (I have
>>the dock which is great and supposedly compatible with the X31). Do you
>>have any way to determine if the CD is bootable? Thanks
>

> The Windows 2000 and Windows XP distribution CDs are bootable if that's what
> you're asking.  The recovery CD will also be bootable.
>
> If you mean the drive, that's a function of the computer BIOS--if it
> supports boot from a USB device then there should be no problem, if not
> then there's not much you can do about it.
>

>>Lou
>>

>>J. Clarke wrote:

>>>If you can't get to to where it will boot from a USB-attached device you
>>>may be stuck with finding an Ultrabase.

>>>You might want to try downloading the service manuals from the IBM site.
>>>I don't recall the direct links offhand but they're not hard to find.

Just for the record, A Smith's comment was on the mark. I got an
Ultrabase, booted of the XP CD and did a repair and now it boots
properly. I'm currently in the process of sorting out various driver
issues. Thanks for everyone's help. - Lou

a Smith wrote:
> Well, that's why it's not working, those two laptops have very different IDE
> controllers, which is all that XP cares about. If you do a repair install it
> should re-detect all the hardware and work.
>
> "Lou Lipnickey" <lou.lipnickey@pobox.com> wrote in message
>
>>I installed XP on my X20 then  moved the drive to the X31, (sounds like it
>>might make a difference) - Lou
>>
>>Quaoar wrote:

>>>" I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a Blue
>>>Screen error" -  This is a little confusing...  Did you install XP on the
>>>drive when the drive was installed in the laptop, or did you install XP
>>>with the drive mounted on another computer and switch the drive to the
>>>laptop?  Did you format the drive on the laptop or elsewhere?

One other thing for the record. The need for a boot partition is a 'red
herring' as there is a lot on the web of how to set up the machine with
Linux / without the boot partition. - Lou

Lou Lipnickey wrote:

> I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't
> come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and
> installed it and got a Blue Screen error:
>
> "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer ....
>
> ***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) "
>
> I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the
> memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the above
> message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup, press the
> blue Access IBM button.
>
> However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the BIOS
> setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2, f3 etc),
> I have not been able to get back.
>
> At this point, I have 3 questions :
>
> 1. How do I get back to BIO setup?
>
> 2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the
> MBR (to get past the blue screen message)
>
> 3. Is there any web references on the X31
>
> I appreciate any help, thanks
> Lou

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"out" and "in out"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"my" and "our"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"or" and "and"

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Two Questions about "strlen", "strcat" and "strcpy"
I have 2 questions: 1. strlen returns an unsigned (size_t) quantity. Why is an unsigned value more approprate than a signed value? Why is unsighned value less appropriate? 2. Would there be any advantage in having strcat and strcpy return a pointer to the "end" of the destination string rather than returning a pointer to its beginning? Thanks, Matt -- comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net "Matt" <mattjack40@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:clcm-20040826-0026@plethora.net... > I have 2 questions: > > 1. strlen returns an uns...

Question about "int" and "quad"
Hi all, I am learning to use int and quad to integrate a integrand including log-normal pdf. The results of these two method are different. I suspect there is something wrong with my command on using "int" Would you please let me know where the mistake is? Thank you!! The codes: 1) for "quad" method, phi = @(x) lognpdf(x,1,sigma); wphi = @(x) x.*phi(x); gw2 = @(y) quad(wphi,0,y); The answer for gw2(2) = 0.126563644131823; 2) for "int" method fw1 = @(x) x.*lognpdf(x,1,sigma); gw2 = eval(int('fw1', 0, 2)); The answer...

Question about "define" and "malloc"
CSS white here: Simply strange, I found "define" can not work with "malloc". Together my complier will say "parse error". Could anyone tell me why? ------------------------- #define MAX 10000 ....... int main(void){ ..... char * temp=(char *)malloc(MAX*sizeof(char)); ..... system("pause"); return 0; } when complying, wrong. look for explanation. Chen Shusheng wrote: > CSS white here: what? > Simply strange, I found "define" can not work with "malloc". you are mistaken > Together my complier will say "parse error". > Could anyone tell me why? in future please post a *comple* *compilable* (well as close as you can!) program. Don't put "...." in small programs. This mildly edited version of your code compiles for me #include <stdlib.h> #define MAX 10000 int main(void) { char *temp = (char*)malloc (MAX * sizeof(char)); // system("pause"); return 0; } > ------------------------- > #define MAX 10000 > ...... > int main(void){ > .... > char * temp=(char *)malloc(MAX*sizeof(char)); don't cast malloc. sizeof of char is 1 by definition so write the above char * temp = malloc (MAX); I also fooled with your layout as I prefer more whitespace than you use. > .... > system("pause"); non-standard > return 0; > } > > when complying, wrong. > look for explanation. I suspect you ommitted to in...

newbie question: "is" vs "as"
What's the difference between "is" and "as" when used at the end of the create statement? i.e. create or replace procedure seanProc1 is begin dbms_output.put_line('hello world'); end; / vs. create or replace procedure seanProc1 as begin dbms_output.put_line('hello world'); end; / sean nakasone wrote: > What's the difference between "is" and "as" when used at the end of the > create statement? The first letter; that is, you can use which ever you like. I guess the difference come from how you read the sentence. If you read is as a command, "as" seams better, but if you read is as an definition of the procedure, "is" seams better. -- Arto Viitanen, CSC Ltd. Espoo, Finland On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:52:55 -1000, sean nakasone wrote: > What's the difference between "is" and "as" when used at the end of the > create statement? > There is no diffference. These are aliases for the same thing, created as a courtesy to those who want to 'read' the header as a sentance. For example, try CREATE PROCEDURE abc AS (vs) CREATE PROCEDURE abc IS PROCEDURE abc IS (vs) PROCEDURE abc AS Since they are aliases, you are free to use either as you feel comfortable. -- Hans Forbrich (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com) *** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong! *** Top posting [r...

Questions on "import" and "datetime"
Hi all, I have some questions on "import": 1."from datetime import datetime" works well. But I am confused why "import= datetime.datetime" leads to importerror. "from xlrd import open_workbook" = could be replaced by "from xlrd.open_workbook" without any problem. The onl= y difference here is that if "from xlrd import open_workbook" is used we do= not have to write "xlrd.open_workbook" in the following code but just "ope= n_workbook". So my understanding of the difference is "from...import..." sh= ortens the code (just like "using namespace std" in C++) but maybe leads to= name clash. But what is the problem of datetime?=20 2.I am also comfused that "datetime.datetime" is a function but whithin "da= tetime.datetime" there are lots of other functions. So what is the type of = "datetime.datetime" on earth? is it a function, or a class or a folder(libr= ary) here? Thanks very much in advance! Very looking forward to your answers. Best, Yunfei On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Yunfei Dai <yunfei.dai.sigma@gmail.com> w= rote: > Hi all, Hi Yunfei, > > I have some questions on "import": > > 1."from datetime import datetime" works well. But I am confused why "impo= rt datetime.datetime" leads to importerror. "from xlrd import open_workbook= " co...

Question about "protected" and "private"
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Hi, all I'm reading "Programming Ruby", and have some questions about "protected" and "private" of class. In "Programming Ruby" : Protected methods can be invoked only by objects of the defining class and its subclasses. Access is kept within the family. Private methods cannot be called with an explicit receiver. Because you cannot specify an object when using them, private methods can be called only in the defining class and by direct descendents within that same object. The di...

SMTP: "to" or/and "recipient" question.
Dear Experts, I am looking at codes somebody wrote long ago and found strange codes. As I know the "to" method is just a synonym for the "recipient" one. Codes which confused me have both calls with different address lists. What addresses will be used by SMTP in this case: 1) Declared by "to" method; 2) Declared by "recipient" one; 3) All above; 4) The first executed; 5) The last executed. Regards, Serguei. Serguei.Goumeniouk@cibc.ca wrote: > I am looking at codes somebody wrote long ago and found strange codes. > As I know the "...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience w...

Question about change of "fp" in function "fseek"and "ftell"
HI, I am now study a segment of codes: ------------------------ printf("%p\t",fp); /*add by me*/ fseek(fp, 0L, SEEK_END); /* go to end of file */ printf("%p\t",fp); /*add by me*/ last = ftell(fp); cout<<"last="<<last<<"\t"; /*add by me*/ ------------------------- My question is: 1. why fp do not change after function "fseek"? 2. If fp is not change after "fseek", why last is not ZORE? 3. How does "fseek" retu...

Gary Sokolich """"""

DHTML question: DOM access to <OBJECT type="text/html" data="..." />
I recently learned how to do an <OBJECT> alternative to <IFRAME> in current browsers using: <object id="extendedhtml" type="text/html" data="otherpage.html" width="250" height="400"></object> My question is how do I access the document DOM of this object in Javascript? For example, "alert(extendedhtml.innerHTML);" doesn't work and produces an unknown error. I'd like to both read and write to the document's body element's innerHTML property, as well as access its full DOM (forms, etc)...

Web resources about - X31 "access IBM" button question - comp.sys.laptops