.another new OS. .another new OS. .another new OS

..another new OS.   My...........how prolific apple
is....................................................................

At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade.

0
zspook1 (325)

In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
 "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:

> .another new OS.   My...........how prolific apple
> is....................................................................
>
> At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade.

Zero, OSX.4 = 32 bit. OSX.5 = 64 bit. Call it what you want. Either way
it's a new OS. Apple uses actual OS version numbers. MS uses fake
marketing monikers like 95, 98, 2000, XP, home, pro, VISA or whatever
the fuck they name their bug fixes. I can understand how this is
confusing for you.
0
iadvocate (1220)
8/10/2006 2:04:33 AM
In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
 "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:

> another new OS.

Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
dot upgrade in *six years*

--
Sandman[.net]
0
Mojo wrote:
> In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
>  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
>
>> .another new OS.   My...........how prolific apple
>> is....................................................................
>>
>> At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade.
>>

> Zero, OSX.4 = 32 bit. OSX.5 = 64 bit. Call it what you want. Either way
> it's a new OS. Apple uses actual OS version numbers. MS uses fake
> marketing monikers like 95, 98, 2000, XP, home, pro, VISA or whatever
> the fuck they name their bug fixes. I can understand how this is
> confusing for you.

You seem very confused yourself. I'll let the other Mac advocates jump
all over you for this one.

--
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/
http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/

http://peeweemisseshisbike.ytmnd.com/
0
nomore (2068)
8/10/2006 6:48:27 AM
Sandman wrote:
> In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
>  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
>
>> another new OS.
>
> Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> dot upgrade in *six years*

XP can be seen as an upgrade to 2k. For that matter, XP SP1 and XP SP2
are upgrades to XP. Also, they are free.

Not only DOES Microsoft produce upgrades, but they do so better than
Apple because they don't always demand that you pay them again like
Apple does.

--
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/
http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/

http://peeweemisseshisbike.ytmnd.com/
0
nomore (2068)
8/10/2006 6:50:48 AM
NRen2k5 wrote:
> Sandman wrote:
> > In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> >  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
> >
> >> another new OS.
> >
> > Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> > updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> > dot upgrade in *six years*
>
> XP can be seen as an upgrade to 2k. For that matter, XP SP1 and XP SP2
> are upgrades to XP. Also, they are free.
>
> Not only DOES Microsoft produce upgrades, but they do so better than
> Apple because they don't always demand that you pay them again like
> Apple does.

SP1 and SP2 were updates, not upgrades.  Apple provides free updates
for its OS just as MS does.

"NRen2k5" <nomore@email.com> wrote in message
> Sandman wrote:
>> In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
>>  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
>>
>>> another new OS.
>>
>> Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
>> updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small dot
>> upgrade in *six years*
>
> XP can be seen as an upgrade to 2k. For that matter, XP SP1 and XP SP2 are
> upgrades to XP. Also, they are free.

He's too fucking stupid to comprehend that.

> Not only DOES Microsoft produce upgrades, but they do so better than Apple
> because they don't always demand that you pay them again like Apple does.

He drank too much apple flavored kool aid to comprehend that one also.

0
zspook1 (325)
8/10/2006 1:37:33 PM
In article <%EACg.81958$rd3.1606131@wagner.videotron.net>,
 NRen2k5 <nomore@email.com> wrote:

> Mojo wrote:
> > In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> >  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
> >
> >> .another new OS.   My...........how prolific apple
> >> is....................................................................
> >>
> >> At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade.
> >>

> > Zero, OSX.4 = 32 bit. OSX.5 = 64 bit. Call it what you want. Either way
> > it's a new OS.

That depends on what the meaning of is is. All the same old APIs still
work, as do all the old applications and device drivers. The basic
architecture is still there. It still looks and feels much the same. So
does extending the 64-bit data type and addressing support make it
"new"?

> > Apple uses actual OS version numbers. MS uses fake
> > marketing monikers like 95, 98, 2000, XP, home, pro, VISA or whatever
> > the fuck they name their bug fixes. I can understand how this is
> > confusing for you.
>
> You seem very confused yourself. I'll let the other Mac advocates jump
> all over you for this one.

Well, Mojo is correct that Apple uses real version numbers while
Microsoft uses strange names that don't indicate any kind of lineage.

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
 Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
>  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
>
> > another new OS.
>
> Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> dot upgrade in *six years*

Ah, be fair. It's been less than six years.
Windows 2000: 2000
Windows XP: 2002. That was more than just a dot upgrade. They made the
graphics flashier and added multimedia crap.
Windows 2003: 2003. They added a lot of server crap to 2000.
Windows XP SP2: 2004. Here's your dot release to W2k.

--
In article <bHACg.81979$rd3.1606307@wagner.videotron.net>,
 NRen2k5 <nomore@email.com> wrote:

> Sandman wrote:
> > In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> >  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
> >
> >> another new OS.
> >
> > Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> > updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> > dot upgrade in *six years*
>
> XP can be seen as an upgrade to 2k. For that matter, XP SP1 and XP SP2
> are upgrades to XP. Also, they are free.
>
> Not only DOES Microsoft produce upgrades, but they do so better than
> Apple because they don't always demand that you pay them again like
> Apple does.

Not-free upgrades to Windows:
2 (lol!)
3 (lol!)
3.1 (lol!)
98SE
WME

Not-free upgrades to Windows NT 3:
WNT4
W2k
WXP
W2k3

--
"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message
> In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
>
>> another new OS.
>
> Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> dot upgrade in *six years*

How hard can it be for Apple. They steal everything, cook the books, and on
top of it they only need to make like 6 DVDs.  Apple is strictly an MP3
maker.  Are they still in the PC business?

> --
> Sandman[.net]

0
muahman3 (5374)
8/10/2006 4:48:33 PM
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:43:44 -0400, "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:

>.another new OS.   My...........how prolific apple
>is....................................................................
>
>At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade.

I wonder how much Apple will charge for a REAL update.  $129 for .X
bug fixes and minor enhancements sets the precedent for some MAJOR
pricing when OS XI 1.0 gets here in a few years.
0
tomelam1 (218)
8/10/2006 5:17:42 PM
In article <hMCdnfKNjKXD_kbZnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@adelphia.com>,
 "MuahMan" <muahman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message
> > In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> > "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
> >
> >> another new OS.
> >
> > Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> > updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> > dot upgrade in *six years*
> >

> How hard can it be for Apple. They steal everything, cook the books, and on
> top of it they only need to make like 6 DVDs.  Apple is strictly an MP3
> maker.  Are they still in the PC business?
> >
> > --
> > Sandman[.net]

I'm sorry, Pratt-fall.

You've committed the cardinal sin for a troll: you've become dull and
repetitive.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
NRen2k5 wrote:

> Sandman wrote:
>
>> In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
>>  "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:
>>
>>> another new OS.
>>

>> Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
>> updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
>> dot upgrade in *six years*
>

> XP can be seen as an upgrade to 2k. For that matter, XP SP1 and XP SP2
> are upgrades to XP. Also, they are free.
>
> Not only DOES Microsoft produce upgrades, but they do so better than
> Apple because they don't always demand that you pay them again like
> Apple does.

That's because they are bug fixes and security updates... that's why
they are free and are also free to OS X users that get security updates
or just bug fixes for apps.  But there is nothing new added in the XP
updates.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?
In article <hMCdnfKNjKXD_kbZnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@adelphia.com>,
 "MuahMan" <muahman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> another new OS.
> >
> > Exactly. Almost annually. Amazing how Apple can keep releasing major
> > updates to OSX at this speed when huge MS can't even produce a small
> > dot upgrade in *six years*
> >

> How hard can it be for Apple.

Apparently it's very easy for Apple to keep releasing major updates to
OSX almost annually, as opposed to MS which has a amazingly HARD time
to even produce a dot upgrade in over six years.

--
Sandman[.net]
0
<zspook@adelphia.com> wrote:

> > XP can be seen as an upgrade to 2k. For that matter, XP SP1 and XP SP2 are
> > upgrades to XP. Also, they are free.
>

> He's too fucking stupid to comprehend that.

Bug fixes and stability fixes and code replacement issues are NOT
packages of new features.
An update is DIFFERENT from an upgrade.

> > Not only DOES Microsoft produce upgrades, but they do so better than Apple
> > because they don't always demand that you pay them again like Apple does.
>
> He drank too much apple flavored kool aid to comprehend that one also.

Sorry, but Apple produces bug-fix updates and code replacement
packages, too -- usually before there are any known issues to resolve.
This is NOT a difference between the companies.

But Apple ALSO produces packages of real new features, new options, new
choices -- and they usually don't break other software, which has
always been a problem with Microsoft updates.

It's just NONSENSE to suggest that Apple isn't producing more value in
the OS and in the new versions than Microsoft does. No sensible person
could honestly claim that.
0
mitch26 (4555)

Never buy another new RISC OS computer! RISC OS HEARTS(tm)
You thought the RiscPC was upgradable, well now with 'RISC OS Hearts' from CJE/4D replacing the main board (giving it a heart transplant) even greater upgradeabilty is possible! You can upgrade today: Go from an ARMini to a RaspberryRO 2 or PandaRO RISC OS Heart or Go from a RaspberryRO to a RaspberryRO 2 or PandaRO RISC OS Heart. Soon you will be able to upgrade from a RaspberryRO, ARMini and Cortex-A9 systems like the PandaRO, ARMiniX and ARMX6 to our forthcoming Cortex-A15 Heart! Our heart transplant team is waiting to give your system a RaspberryRO 2 or PandaRO heart transplant. PandaRO hearts are available now, RaspberryRO 2 Hearts will be available next month. Fancy being a heart surgeon yourself? Then we also offer DIY RISC OS Heart transplant kits! Please enquire for details. As soon as time permits we will be putting more information at: http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/hearts Book an appointment with our Heart surgery team today! Chris Evans -- 4D Tel: +44 (0) 1903 523222 Fax: +44 (0) 1903 523679 Email: 4d@cjemicros.co.uk Web: http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/4d/ Snail mail: 78 Brighton Road, Worthing, BN11 2EN, England. _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

[News] New Guide Shows How GNOME Can Mimic Mac OS X; Another Vista Runaway
[This one is new] Linux desktop imitating OSX ,----[ Quote ] | Ok, there are almost always misunderstandings when people modify | their OS to look some other OS. This is NOT about "I want a mac" or | "I want OSX". If I would want a mac, I would go and buy one of those | No, this is simply about having fun by imitating and finding the | limits of Gnome desktop. `---- http://www.taimila.com/osx-guide-2.php Ubuntu 7.04 - Time to switch? ,----[ Quote ] | With the great advancements that's been made in the user friendliness in | Ubuntu 7.04 - I believe it's now fin...

Annc: Another series of new GS/OS FSTs
Dear All, Please find another series of Apple IIgs GS/OS File System Translators on http://www.brutal-deluxe.fr/ and discover DOS 3.2, DOS 3.3 and rDOS 3.3 disk contents directly from the Finder! The DOS 3.2 and rDOS 3.3 are read-only and allow you to copy disk contents to a ProDOS disk. The DOS 3.3 FST now supports formatting and erasing. The new AppleDisk5.25 driver now reads and writes 256, 512 and 1024 byte blocks. It also supports 13 and 16 sector formatting. Will there be other FSTs? Yes, sure, the RDOS 3.2 and CP/M FST are almost finished but I am currently working on another projec...

Another drive interface, another OS...
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/ESDI.html: "...I even forgot to mention another nasty effect of this combination: you cannot run Win95 or WinNT with it. Both adapters, the IBM SCSI and the IBM ESDI are hardwired to use IRQ 0Eh (14) and are tied up at the same time. This interrupt-sharing is a technical feature of the MCA - and causes no problem under DOS / Win 3.x or OS/2 ... but Win95 / 98 or NT cannot handle that, because it runs against their "one device / one ressource" strategy..." Peter is talking about whether an ESDI & SCSI controller could be used in the same system. In regards to NT [4.0] on ESDI I have found this in "A Guide to Windows NT Workstation 4.0". I don't know if this is from a KB article: "Pre-IDE Hard Drive Difficulties NT does not support all ESDI hard drives. ESDI hard drives are pre-IDE with the special ability to be low-level formatted with various sector-per-track values. This can result in more than 1,024 cylinders. If an intelligent ESDI drive controller is used, NT may be able to use the area of the disk above 1,024 cylinders. The only way to know if NT can use an ESDI disk and its controller is to test it by installing NT on the drive. If a Fatal System Error: 0x0000006b occurs, this indicates that the ESDI drive is not supported." David David@IBMMuseum.com Praytell, which ESDI drive was bigger than...

This week on RISC OS FR: new website + new sections + new applications = Happy London Show!
A lot of news this week on www.riscos.fr 1/ A new design for the whole website, with a better SEO and resources directly available online: one archive per font/sound/wallpaper, with preview. 2/ A new section for french translations. A bit empty now, but it's online. 3/ A new section for BBC Basic programming under RISC OS. We need your contributions! Please contact us. 4/ 7 software for our BBC Basic code library. Some are quite useful, and usable from CLI (with parameters). Compiled with ABC when revelant. 5/ Our ready to run RPCEmu packages are updated to RPCEmu 0.8.12 a...

Javascript new-new-new-new-newbee

New to Mac OS
Hi, I'm new to Mac OS and am seeking some help. I would like to be able to cut and paste between windows like I would in Linux. How do I do this? How do I run emacs in a new window in X11? How do I login as root? Thanks, Rudy Magyar rjmagyar@gmail.com On 2005-08-29 14:03:17 -0400, "rjmagyar" <rjmagyar@gmail.com> said: > Hi, I'm new to Mac OS and am seeking some help. I would like to be > able to cut and paste between windows like I would in Linux. Cut and paste..what? That's a feature that applications provide, regardless of the services that the ...

Where is the new Mac OS?
a faint glimmer, way back in the recesses of Lord Jobs mind. By the time they come out with one - there wont be any Mac computers. Stew wrote: > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:36:50 -0700, Steve Carroll <noone@nowhere.net> > wrote: > > >>In article <dih302d2v60ubi237pfuh7s7qns1tam61h@4ax.com>, >>Stew <antwun@yahoo.com> wrote: >> >> >>>On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:02:44 -0700, Steve Carroll <noone@nowhere.net> >>>wrote: >>> >>> >>>>In article <V8iMf.25406$UD1.5339@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, &...

2008 new year of new computer -os-linux-
skfj hkwjfb kmsdnf cg http://www.freewebs.com/thuiss/ http://indianfriendfinder.com/go/g924418-pmem ...

A new PDA, a new OS... Need advice before further involvment !
Hey all, I'm looking for a new PDA. I have seen all of them, PalmOS, PocketPC, Palm, HP, Sony, etc. They all have some interesting features, and it's hard to decide oneself to buy one more than one other. But I came onto this website, http://www.jackito-pda.com, and I found it rather interesting. The major point, for me, is that there is no more stylus, and I won't be scared by loosing it... Then it seems to have a better sound system, with wider speakers. There are more slots for 2 memory card slots (does any other one have such features ???), and only 1 AA battery ca...

Terrific New Article on OS/2 for PowerPC (Workplace OS)
http://pages.prodigy.net/michaln/history/os2ppc/index.html --Source http://www.os2world.com In article <U4uZd.20697$HD1.17613@fe07.lga>, jksamphere@tds.net says... > http://pages.prodigy.net/michaln/history/os2ppc/index.html > > --Source http://www.os2world.com > BTW, here is an excerpt "How useful is OS/2 PPC? Not very. In fact, it is almost completely useless. It only runs on three or four models of rather rare IBM machines and supports almost no additional devices. The OS is clearly unfinished and not entirely stable. Worst of all, there are about zero applic...

New OS
Hi, I am using window98 and someone told me about linix and plan9. I have been certified by MCSA so know quite a lot about OS so it should not be problem for me. Which is better: linix or plan9? I did not get early the london conference data but will be learning more about this. Jaim > I am using window98 and someone told me about linix and plan9. I have been > certified by MCSA so know quite a lot about OS so it should not be problem for > me. Which is better: linix or plan9? > > I did not get early the london conference data but will be learning more > about thi...

about a new OS
when I was re-installing windows xp, an idea hits me, is that possible to create a new OS, that can run windows programs? It's simpler and smaller than windows. I can't find an answer, then I found WINE. In other words, maybe combine WINE and Linux, then a new OS? In message <e8d5d0fe-45e9-4bf1-b7f1-1929e4b94a6d@z26g2000pre.googlegroups.com>, bill4ca@gmail.com writes >when I was re-installing windows xp, an idea hits me, is that possible >to create a new OS, that can run windows programs? It's simpler and >smaller than windows. >I can't find an a...

[News] New Distribution of Chromium OS and Chrome OS from Google

New OS
Suggestions for new OS Xs: El Capitan Il Duce Il Principe Der F�hrer In article <5576b26a$0$21256$e4fe514c@dreader37.news.xs4all.nl>, Me, myself and I <baiheli.pip.li@xs4all.nl> wrote: > Suggestions for new OS Xs: > > El Capitan > Il Duce > Il Principe > Der Führer Well, since Capitan is a mountain or a hillock or something in Yosemite park, I'd go with Matterhorn Huang K2 that Really Big One that everyone wants to climb On the other hand, the TV show 'Ray Donovan' had a couple of episodes where Jon Voight w...

This week on RISC OS FR: new server, new website
This week, we have finished some important tasks. A new web server, much faster than before. A new FTP server, a better place for our files. A big update of our website, with smaller pages, less subdivisions, etc. But that's not all: we also putted new emulators on line, with RISC OS 5.22. And a new offer, BootToBasic, that boots directly into Basic, with a small footprint: a simple zip of 2.4 MB. Last announce, a microsite for french users dedicated to Psion EPOC World. Not a lot of content yet here, but a light and cool 'old school' design (see http://www.riscos...

A new OS
Hello Everyone I am working towards starting a project developing a new Operating System using the Python language (or a derivative thereof). As recommended on this forum I am asking if people are interested in something like this and ask who would be willing to support a project this large. Any and all ideas are welcome this message is just to see what kind of support this project would recieve Cheers Andrew A Evans wrote: > Hello Everyone I am working towards starting a project developing a new > Operating System using the Python language (or a derivative thereof). As > recom...

os.path.split: processing paths from one OS on another
Heya folks, I ran into the following problem: When i run this on Windows everything is as expected: C:\>python Python 2.2.3 (#42, May 30 2003, 18:12:08) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> import os >>> file='/TEST/FILE.EXT' >>> print os.path.split(file) ('/TEST', 'FILE.EXT') >>> file='C:\\TEST\\FILE.EXT' >>> print os.path.split(file) ('C:\\TEST', 'FILE.EXT') However, when i run this ...

[News] New Ubuntu Linux Magazine and Another New Newsletter

New to OS
Hi i am interested in OS development, but i am confused where to start. i need suggestion such as any start up books or videos to start development. Book: operating systems, design & implementation by Woodhull & Tannenbaum source code from http://www.minix3.org Also, for a /much/ simpler system, source code from http://www.freedos.org/ background: k&r C book Kernighan Pike "The Unix Programming Environment" On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, harishkumar.hsk@gmail.com wrote: > Hi i am interested in OS development, but i am confused where to start. > ...

new or not new
Hi, Suppose we have a class A.Why or when do you use main() { A *ptr = new A; // instead of A ptr; } Johan Johan den Boer wrote: > Hi, > > Suppose we have a class A.Why or when do you use > > main() > { > A *ptr = new A; > > // instead of > > A ptr; > } > > Johan > > Use "A ptr;" whenever possible. Allocating A dynamically (with "new") can be very slow, and usually means you must be careful to free the memory (with "delete") later in the program. The need to allocate an indiv...

*new or new?
It is better: AnyClass &reg=*new AnyClass(); reg.Function(); or: AnyClass *reg=new AnyClass(); reg->Function(); Thanks Cristiano "Cristiano" <cristiano.pi@NSquipo.it> wrote... > It is better: > AnyClass &reg=*new AnyClass(); > reg.Function(); > > or: > AnyClass *reg=new AnyClass(); > reg->Function(); For those two fragments the difference is only in the amount of storage the program uses. The latter case _allocates_ some storage for the pointer, and for the former it is unspecified because it is up to the...

Importing OS 9 machine mail into new OS X machine?
I am trying to transfer Outlook Express mail from a B&W tower to a new G4 iBook. Has anyone actually done this? If so, how? In OS 9, the Outlook Express data is in the Macintosh HD >Documents > Microsoft User Data > Identities Folder. I copied this folder over to the desktop of the new machine. However, when running OS 9 in classic on the new machine, there's no equivalent Documents Folder -- it has nothing to do with the User > Documents folder. I could go on and on with pitiful tales of wild-goose-chase woes, but I'll spare you an infinite amount of tedium by s...

new Mac OS X malware: Mac/Cowhand-A
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/maccowhanda.html Advanced Description: "Mac/Cowhand-A is a proxy Trojan for the Mac OSX platform. The Trojan may copy itself to the user's Preferences folder. In order to run itself on startup, the Trojan may add itself to the user's Startup Items." Side-effects: "Allows others to access the computer" In article <1114501726.014725.196610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Super Spinner" <pepesmythe@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/maccowhanda.html > > Advanced ...

Web resources about - .another new OS. .another new OS. .another new OS - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Hillary Clinton says Apple/FBI dispute is “the worst dilemma ever”
While most politicians have come down on the side of the FBI , Bloomberg reports Hillary Clinton is an exception. Not that she’s on Apple’s side: ...

This Supreme Court Case Show the Perils of Appointing Prosecutors as Judges
The US Supreme Court heard arguments last week as to whether Ronald D. Castille, former chief justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, should ...

Two Major Sponsors Suspend Ties With Maria Sharapova Following Failed Drug Test
Two major sponsors cut ties with Maria Sharapova after the five-time Grand Slam champion admitted in a press conference that she failed a drug ...

Hum Writing First New Music In 18 Years
Although Illinois space-rock heroes Hum haven't released any new music since 1998's Downward Is Heavenward, they've continued to perform together ...

Kim Kardashian Bares All (Again); Bette Midler Wonders What’s Left To Show
In a move that surprised perhaps no one, Kim Kardashian has posted another nude selfie with the caption, “When you’re like I have nothing to ...

China, South Korea step up sanctions on North Korea
Reuters China, South Korea step up sanctions on North Korea Reuters SEOUL/SHANGHAI China has barred a North Korean freighter from one of its ...

The OS X ransomware likely infected less than 7,000 systems
KeRanger, the first functional OS X ransomware ever detected in the wild, probably didn't do a lot of damage. Discovered March 4 in a version ...

Google Project Fi free to join, but will seem expensive outside USA
Project Fi, the Google mobile phone service, no longer needs an invitation to join. And in an aggressive pricing move, Google is slashing the ...

This is What a Video Game Museum Should Look Like
Game On , the video game history exhibition that explores why we love games, has finally made its way to Japan. It’s an impressive collection ...

Victoria McGrath, Boston Bombing Survivor, Killed In Car Accident Overseas
Victoria McGrath, a survivor of the horrific Boston Marathon Bombings, died tragically over the weekend. The vibrant young woman who touched ...