Apple is now in third...

If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
iPads...

....then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?

<http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/02/with-ipad-apple-is-no-3-in-portab
les/>

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
> iPads...

You denied promoting iPads, KDT.

> ...then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?

The fact a netbook is a better value than a big iPod doesn't put the netbook
in the same group with the big iPod, KDT.

> <http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/02/with-ipad-apple-is-no-3-in-portab
> les/>
>
> --
> "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
> "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix
> with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin
> on Mac OS X)
> '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
> on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

0
Clavicus
2/17/2011 10:07:22 PM
In article <ijk66t$pn5$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>
> > If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
> > iPads...
>
> You denied promoting iPads, KDT.
>
> > ...then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?
>
> The fact a netbook is a better value than a big iPod doesn't put the netbook
> in the same group with the big iPod, KDT.

Is there some reason you're no replying to posts that are 6 months old?

No matter.

Fact is that iPad sales have had a significant negative effect on
netbook sales. That indicates that real people seem to disagree with
your assessment of its suitability as a netbook replacement.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan

Gimp 2.4 handles Vista Startup ok now
Hoorah! 1-2 seconds is better than 40. ...

APPLE AIRPORT DRM CRACKED
We here you go... A perfect example of just how good DRM works on a piece of consumer hardware... The APPLE AIRPORT that a streams music to you stereo using ITUNES DRM has been cracked. In fact, there's a windows utility with sourcecode, free for download, that allows anyone to stream there favorite music files (NOT just iTunes encrypted music files) from your personal computer to your family stereo. Without a doubt, other platforms are soon to follow. How long has the airport been on the market place? And what good is DRM going to be anyways? -- ***********************************...

Sleazy Apple sued again!
"Just works" has been replaced by "Always broke". http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/15/apple-iphone-button-lawsuit/?source=yahoo_quote Woman buys an iPhone 4. Fifteen months later the power button stops working. She calls AT&T (T). They send her to Apple (AAPL). She works her way up and down the customer service chain and gets tough love at every turn: Her warranty expired three months ago. She has two choices. Pay for repair ($149 plus shipping) or buy new phone. She goes to the Internet. Finds a thread on Apple's community support site with hu...

Apple is finished
Truthfully - there will be no one like THE STEVE. Cook & Co. are now going to do things THEIR way -and THEIR way is not THE STEVE'S way. My crystal ball says: "I see kitchen appliances in Apple future." >"Redjak" wrote in message news:j6isbd$idc$1@dont-email.me... >Truthfully - there will be no one like THE STEVE. >Cook & Co. are now going to do things THEIR way -and THEIR way is not >THE STEVE'S way. >My crystal ball says: "I see kitchen appliances in Apple future." It looks like the ...

lingo scriptEditor 2004 is out now!
lingo scriptEditor 2004 is out now! lingo scriptEditor is an external authoring tool for Lingo Object-Oriented programming. It provides a professional script environment for Macromedia Director. lingo scriptEditor is a tool that offers you an overview of your scripts, saving valuable time in developing Lingo programs. there you can download the newest version: http://www.creative-inspiration.net/devnet/ full features list: > colorencode > advanced projectmanagement > find/replace > unlimited multiple undo/redo > autocomplete > autoformat > sy...

Apple stole iBooks?
Yep! http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/think-ibooks-looks-familiar-youre-not-the-only-one/ Apple is up to their old Xerox thievery. In article <7222c295-80df-4342-8c24-00e4af5a8549@k10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote: > Yep! > > http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/think-ibooks-looks-familiar-youre-not-the-onl > y-one/ > > > Apple is up to their old Xerox thievery. Funny. The man who created Delicious Library disagrees: �But the thing about iBooks is, it�s a book-reader. So, of course they looked aro...

[News] [Rival] Apple and Microsoft Draconian Licensing Backfires

apple mac app store more megalomania
links from the former apple downloads pages are being redirected to the mac app store where all downloads are controlled, registered, recorded and databased on the path to Lion (Mac looks like iOS) all apps available (maybe only) from the app store for mac, iphone, ipod etc. loss of freeware shareware - all paid apps from mac app store just speculation, other opinions and facts welcome In article <4d4eee52$0$23760$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, opinion <opinion@opine.net> wrote: > links from the former apple downloads pages are being redirected to the > mac a...

Answers from Steve Jobs at Apple's Shareholder Meeting

[Announce] XenMan v0.4 is now available.
XenMan's second release, v0.4 is now available for download at xenman.sf.net. This release brings LVM support along with numerous bugfixes and stability improvements. The changelog is listed below. UPDATE: XenMan 0.4.1 adds OpenSUSE support to the 0.4 release and is now available. cheers. ----------------------------- Changes in v0.4: - LVM support added. Logical Volumes are now supported for domain creation. Set the 'use_lvm' property in xenman.conf to False if the environment doesn't support lvm2. - Create Domain now does a 'sticky' ...

More Apple ineptitude
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060320081708678 Apple should stick to iPods. In article <jveUf.116252$Mh4.111672@fe02.news.easynews.com>, Stew <antwun@yahoo.com> wrote: > http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060320081708678 You should stick to Windows NG's, like comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy There, you'd be wanted. -- Yours, Tom Tom Bates wrote: > In article <jveUf.116252$Mh4.111672@fe02.news.easynews.com>, > Stew <antwun@yahoo.com> wrote: > >> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060320081708678 > >...

Apple CPM manual collection
I have the following Apple CPM Manual Collection. Copies not originals. Any ideas of who these would be of historical or academic interest ? 1) Microsoft CP/M Reference Manual Microsoft Softcard Microsoft Consumer Products 400 108th Ave NE Suite 200 Bellevue WA 98004 imagine in one suite on the 2nd floor humble beginnings 2) Microsoft TASC Compiler Manual Microsoft TASC The Applesoft Compiler same address but with phone number ( 206) 454-1315 maybe its Bill's now Catalog No 2222 Part No. 20F22 as if they had 2000 other products 3)Apple II ProDos Reference Manual 4) Apple II Dos ...

teh G5, 64 bit computing,Intel/AMD, M$ and Apple
From ars.technica on the need for 64-bit computing. In the past, the marketplace focused on "processor speed" as the yardstick. Is the new measure the measure of "64 bit computing, the OS and apps" they ask? If nothing else, a pretty good read on perhaps everybody in the comsumer space. http://www.arstechnica.com/etc/mac/index.html -- Jim Polaski "The measure of a man is what he will do knowing he will get nothing in return." In article <jpolaski-F6AF9A.11500218022004@netnews.comcast.net>, Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOync.net> wrote: > From a...

Installed 10.3 and now lowercase C doesn't work
I must keep it held until it repeats. Strangely enough, command-C (either case) works fine. I've spent two hours trying to figure this out. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Not-So-Giant Robot <robot@clank.nu> wrote: > I must keep it held until it repeats. Strangely enough, command-C > (either case) works fine. > > I've spent two hours trying to figure this out. Any suggestions would > be most welcome. Some login item. Copypaste does that, I'm told, at present. Disable login items, either one by one from the preferences pane, or all at once at startu...

transfering apple II basic files to Apple
Hi! How do I send Apple Basic files back to the Apple to be saved on a 5.25" disk? Thanks! John John <johnisripp@charter.net> wrote: > Hi! How do I send Apple Basic files back to the Apple to be saved on a > 5.25" disk? What format are they in now? If you have them on a disk image in an emulator, you can move the disk image back to the Apple II with the usual set of tools (see the c.s.a2 FAQ for URLs). -- Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/ CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/ CiderPress Apple II archive utility for Wi...

Apple COO chats about iPhone
worth glancing over. the main gem is WiFi is going to be the method most people will use to surf / connect with an iPhone... not 3G. By AppleInsider Staff Published: 04:00 PM EST Speaking at the Goldman Sachs Technology Investment Symposium this week, Apple's second in command Tim Cook talked at length about the upcoming iPhone, revealing some of the methodology that went into the product's development as well as the executive decisions that lead to the company's partnership with Cingular. The 45 minute Q&A session was recorded and made available as a streaming QuickTi...

is now the time to move to linux ..
'The biggest reason for migrating to Linux is freedom, said Patrick Davila, co-host of an online Linux talk show. Linux is not owned by anyone and is the ultimate community project. "In many ways, the community reminds me of the early days of computers," he said. "People are willing to share information and help others. All one needs to do is ask."' http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/54583.html Doug Mentohl wrote: > 'The biggest reason for migrating to Linux is freedom, said Patrick Davila, > co-host of an online Linux talk show. Linux is not owned by a...

How Appl could crush Dell?
http://apcmag.com/5359/how_apple_could_crush_dell_better_windows_pcs (Certainly one fellow's opinion.) -- Jim "Jim Polaski" <jpolaski@NOync.net> wrote in message news:jpolaski-328119.10150918022007@comcast.dca.giganews.com... > http://apcmag.com/5359/how_apple_could_crush_dell_better_windows_pcs > > (Certainly one fellow's opinion.) Yea Apple's only chance to compete is to stop making hardware-unique Macs and make PCs like they're doing now. Oh and they can let them run Windows too. Apple can cash in on Windows' massive popularity. ...

Apple IIe floppies to ssd images
Hi, I have a pile of old 128k Apple prodos and dos3.3 disks. I would like to get these converted over to ssd images to run in an Apple 2 emulator. There are about 20 disks. I don't know whether they are still readable. They have been in storage for quite a while. I am in Sydney, Australia, but would be prepared to send the disks overseas and pay a modest fee if it got the job done. - Bernard D. ozstarguyatgmail On 12/1/14 8:55 PM, bjdee wrote: > I am in Sydney, Australia, but would be prepared to send the disks overseas and pay a modest fee if it got the job done. >...

what apple is this?
Hello, I need an identification of this Apple whose label has been lost. http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gtello/whatapple1.jpg http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gtello/whatapple2.jpg Thanks! Guillaume. Guillaume Tello <houten.van@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I need an identification of this Apple whose label has been lost. > > http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gtello/whatapple1.jpg > http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gtello/whatapple2.jpg That isn't a genuine Apple ][. It is a clone of some kind. The general shape of the case and the layout of the main part of the keyboard are similar to a...

Apple Loses Appeal in Japanese Click Wheel Infringement Case,,50. Patently Legal
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/04/apple-loses-appeal-in-japanese-click-wheel-infringement-case.html -- Harry On 5/21/2014 7:49 PM, Harry Mudd wrote: > http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/04/apple-loses-appeal-in-japanese-click-wheel-infringement-case.html > So Apple is a patent thief too, eh? -- Harry So if Samsung "won" by having to pay Apple over $100 million. Does that mean Apple "won" even bigger by only having to pay $3 million ? On 2014-05-21 23:49:53 +0000, Harry Mudd said: > http://www.patentlyapple.com/pat...

good apple 2 emulator
I am new to this forum and am looking for a good link to a apple 2 emulator and site with some classic apple 2 games like lode runner, conan the barbarian, moon patrol, montezuma's revenge, transavania Hi Below some links OK. I use Oasis...nice but don't work with XP Have a nice day Jean Pierre http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/4414/ http://www.tomcharlesworth.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ http://www.zip.com.au/~alexm/faq/ "SiK_cHoDe" <sik_chode@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:niRZb.70053$Wa.37531@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > I am ne...

Apple the #1 brand
From Brandjunkies. http://brandchannel.com/start1.asp?fa_id=415 -- Jim ...

[News] [Rival] Apple's Long Road (Lesser-Known) Failures

Both happening now, Mel and Cristof transported the universal commissions at times distant jazz.
particular thought had never occurred to Winston. Nor, in the circumstances, did it strike him as very important or interesting. 'Do you know what time of day it is?' he said. Ampleforth looked startled again. 'I had hardly thought about it. They arrested me -- it could be two days ago -- perhaps three.' His eyes flitted round the walls, as though he half expected to find a window somewhere. 'There is no difference between night and day in this place. I do not see how one can calculate the time.' They talked desultorily for some minutes, then, ...