Apple is now in third...

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
iPads...

....then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?

<http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/02/with-ipad-apple-is-no-3-in-portab
les/>

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

See related articles to this posting

"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
> iPads...

You denied promoting iPads, KDT.

> ...then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?

The fact a netbook is a better value than a big iPod doesn't put the netbook
in the same group with the big iPod, KDT.

> <http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/02/with-ipad-apple-is-no-3-in-portab
> les/>
>
> --
> "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
> "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix
> with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin
> on Mac OS X)
> '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
> on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

0
Reply Clavicus 2/17/2011 10:07:22 PM

In article <ijk66t$pn5$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>
> > If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
> > iPads...
>
> You denied promoting iPads, KDT.
>
> > ...then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?
>
> The fact a netbook is a better value than a big iPod doesn't put the netbook
> in the same group with the big iPod, KDT.

Is there some reason you're no replying to posts that are 6 months old?

No matter.

Fact is that iPad sales have had a significant negative effect on
netbook sales. That indicates that real people seem to disagree with
your assessment of its suitability as a netbook replacement.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Reply Alan 2/17/2011 10:12:55 PM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 31983 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Apple now third-largest PC seller in U.S.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20019514-260.html?tag=mncol "Jim" <jpolaski@NoSamync.net> wrote in message news:jpolaski-CD8772.07331514102010@news.newsguy.com... > http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20019514-260.html?tag=mncol "Perennial worldwide market leader HP saw little change in volume, claiming 17.7 percent of the 89.3 million computers shipped in the third quarter. Acer reclaimed its No. 2 spot with 13 percent of shipments, Dell dropped backed to third place with 12.5 percent, Lenovo claimed 10.3 percent of shipments, and newcomer Asus stayed...

Apple Computer now Apple Inc.
It only makes sense. Apple is more than just computers. They are a digital lifestyle company. On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:30:33 -0500, iMojo <windoze_sucks@microshaft.com> wrote: >It only makes sense. Apple is more than just computers. They are a >digital lifestyle company. In fact, computers are now south of 40% of Apple, and falling fast. It's obvious where the attention and resources are going, and it's not OS X or the computer line. Tom Elam "tom_elam@earthlink.net" <tom_elam@earthlink.net> stated in post pbr7q2hu9bg24nh9vulabfmanpn58ttbjg@4ax.com on ...

Apple now surpasses Nokia, now heads to crush HP
Apple is now more valuable than Nokia, and will soon surpass HP in overall "value"... Good work iPhone! --- HPQ HEWLETT PACKARD CO 120.21B WFC WELLS FARGO & CO NEW 117.96B STD BANCO SANTANDER CENT 117.58B UBS UBS AG (NEW) 117.55B AMX AMERICA MOVIL, S.A.B 116.18B AAPL APPLE INC 114.82B RIO COMPANHIA VALE ADS 114.62B SNY SANOFI-AVENTIS SA 112.75B NOK NOKIA CP ADS 112.44B http://screen.yahoo.com/b?mc=100000000/&z=mc&db=stocks&vw=1&b=38 In article <colalovesmacs-6BD2D1.16502706072007@mpls-nnrp-02.inet.qwest.net>, Oxford <colalo...

Apple Maps..... Now I'm an Apple loving laughing stock (say that after a few drinks)
I have spent several years bragging to my non Apple mates how good the iPad & iPhone are, now they just mention the Maps app and laugh. Let's hope that Google bring out a mapping app & that Apple will allow it! Roy: > I have spent several years bragging to my non Apple mates how good the > iPad & iPhone are, now they just mention the Maps app and laugh. Let's > hope that Google bring out a mapping app & that Apple will allow it! Maybe Apple screwed up the maps app just to teach you not to brag--especially about something you had no part of. Ex...

BMP2SHR i686 Apple Darwin, Power PC Apple Darwin and i686 Executables now available
mmphosis has provided bmp2shr Version 2.0 executables for 3 targets: i686-apple-darwin10 powerpc-apple-darwin8 i686-linux-gnu They are now available for additional testing and for general use from the following link: http://www.aztecmuseum.ca/extras/bmp2shr-gcc.zip Much thanks for this effort, which goes above and beyond what I expected. 3 binaries! mmphosis also did a very simple testing using the b2s-i686-apple-darwin10 binary executable on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel.) and created a makefile for gcc. more testing would always be nice of course:) FWIW the manual is...

cAndy Apple Google Android Apple //e emulator
cAndy Apple is an Apple //e emulator for Google Android smartphones. It uses an Applewin based library for the emulation core and a Java UI. This version adds sound and the option to lock out the menu and search buttons so they don't accidentally interrupt game play. Screenshots available at http://www.zerohoh.com/candyapple . ...

Apples market cap now bigger than Microsoft, and Apple uses Unix ... getting the picture yet trolls ?
Unix is dead or dying .... Linux is doomed ... The wintrolls have fed and washed their flying pigs ... Meanwhile Microsoft shrinks and becomes less and less relevant, and if we are lucky, when it finally vanishes into oblivion, it will take the cola wintrolls with it. begin{quote} Apple's market capitalization of $227.1 billion, based on its stock price on the afternoon of May 26, made it the most valuable U.S. technology company--edging out Microsoft and its $226.3 billion market capitalization. end{quote} http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/ microsoft...

Apple Reports Third Quarter Results / Best Non-Holiday Quarter Revenue and Earnings in Apple History
Apple Reports Third Quarter Results Best Non-Holiday Quarter Revenue and Earnings in Apple History CUPERTINO, California-July 21, 2009-Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2009 third quarter ended June 27, 2009. The Company posted revenue of $8.34 billion and a net quarterly profit of $1.23 billion, or $1.35 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $7.46 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.07 billion, or $1.19 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 36.3 percent, up from 34.8 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sal...

My Apple ][+ is now very, very sad...
This is such a disappointment. After putting in all that time to get my ][+ nice and clean and looking new, and having spent hours disassembling and reassembling the keyboard to get it working just right, it dies on me, mostly dead anyway. At least I got a few days of fun with it after I cleaned it up. Anyway, yesterday afternoon I trekked down to the basement to align and calibrate my Disk ][s. I turned on the lights, shut off the dehumidifier (its so loud!) and booted up the ][+. At first I freaked out because I wasn't getting any video, then I noticed that the Monitor ][ was just turne...