Apple is now in third...

If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
iPads...

....then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?

<http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/02/with-ipad-apple-is-no-3-in-portab
les/>

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
> iPads...

You denied promoting iPads, KDT.

> ...then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?

The fact a netbook is a better value than a big iPod doesn't put the netbook
in the same group with the big iPod, KDT.

> <http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/02/with-ipad-apple-is-no-3-in-portab
> les/>
>
> --
> "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
> "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix
> with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin
> on Mac OS X)
> '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
> on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

0
Clavicus
2/17/2011 10:07:22 PM
In article <ijk66t$pn5$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>
> > If the trolls tell us that people should be buying netbooks rather than
> > iPads...
>
> You denied promoting iPads, KDT.
>
> > ...then shouldn't we compare marketshare of both in the same group?
>
> The fact a netbook is a better value than a big iPod doesn't put the netbook
> in the same group with the big iPod, KDT.

Is there some reason you're no replying to posts that are 6 months old?

No matter.

Fact is that iPad sales have had a significant negative effect on
netbook sales. That indicates that real people seem to disagree with
your assessment of its suitability as a netbook replacement.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan

First is was iPods, now it's Macs! Mac Advocacy
http://tinyurl.com/6sawx Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids are buying a lot of Macs because of the iPod along with the fact that Mac Laptops are cheaper than their Dell cousins. Seems the college crowd is providing the Mac Advocacy. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do knowing he will get nothing in return" In article <jpolaski-CC78AF.11530722092004@netnews.comcast.net>, Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOSpaMync.net> wrote: > http://tinyurl.com/6sawx > > Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids ...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

10 Years of old Apple II and Mac Usenet posts now online at Mac GUI Vault
09 December 09 -- Today, the Mac GUI Vault collection is excited to have expanded its Usenet archive to include a quarter of a million Usenet posts from the 80's and early 90's on the Apple II and Macintosh. These posts are now online and fully searchable, and cover 35 newsgroups including: comp.binaries.apple2, comp.binaries.mac, net.micro.apple, net.micro.mac, comp.sys.apple, and comp.sys.mac. In addition, several newsgroups including topics such as the Pascal language, CP/M, and microcomputers in general were included. Mac GUI Vault was fortunate to have acquired a copy ...

THE MAC IS STILL IN BUSINESS IT'S EASIER THAN YOU THINK ... More users are demanding Macs in the enterprise. Thanks to key computing shifts, supporting their appetite for Apple is now a straightforw
http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/04/21/17FE-macs-in-business-tease_1.html ...

Virtual Apple ][
You can now run GS games in a Mac (Leopard) Browser!! http://www.virtualapple.org/ At last! :) ...

Another bit of Mac (actually Apple) advocacy.
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2008/pulpit_20080613_005065.html Comments? -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2008/pulpit_20080613_005065.html > > Comments? > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI Interesting. I thought it might give more Windows users a taste of "Mac stuff" (by using their iPhone and Windows together with MobileMe) and could prompt more switchers when they see what other things they could do if they had a Mac instead. I wondered if Apple would build Windows versions of all the .Mac...

Yet more Mac Advocacy: New Apple store in Boston
When it opens tomorrow, it is going to be the largest in the country... http://www.boston.com/business/technology/gallery/Bostons_new_Apple_store/ -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > When it opens tomorrow, it is going to be the largest in the > country... > > http://www.boston.com/business/technology/gallery/Bostons_new_Apple_store/ > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited about that, no matter how hard I try. When are you moving to Boston, Dave? Seems like a bad move to me. ** Posted from http://ww...

Apple now third-largest PC seller in U.S.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20019514-260.html?tag=mncol "Jim" <jpolaski@NoSamync.net> wrote in message news:jpolaski-CD8772.07331514102010@news.newsguy.com... > http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20019514-260.html?tag=mncol "Perennial worldwide market leader HP saw little change in volume, claiming 17.7 percent of the 89.3 million computers shipped in the third quarter. Acer reclaimed its No. 2 spot with 13 percent of shipments, Dell dropped backed to third place with 12.5 percent, Lenovo claimed 10.3 percent of shipments, and newcomer Asus stayed...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "In a battle between elephants, the ants get squashed." --Thailand /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/lin...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "I have to sit up with a sick ant." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE
Does anyone have a copy of Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE ? I obtained a copy from http://www.mythtech.net, but this version is Baton Mail v0.9.7.8b - which is for Apple Mac OS 7.6.1. I have downloaded the previous version, Same Result - Timebomb !! ...

[News] Parallels, Boot Camp and Now... Fusion Bring Linux to Apple Macs
Ubuntu 6.10 - VMware Fusion - Mac Intel - First Screenshots ,----[ Quote ] | I managed to get my hands on a private beta of the brand spanking new | VMware for Intel Macs earlier today, the following is the first (so I | am aware) screenshot tour of the boot / install process for Ubuntu | 6.10, inside VMware Fusion on a MacBook Pro (Core Duo, 2GHz 1024MB | RAM). `---- http://www.kungfooo.com/2006/11/04/ubuntu-610-vmware-fusion-mac-intel/ Also today: Xubuntu 6.10 installation with screenshots ,----[ Quote ] | Xubuntu is a free Linux based operating system with an Ubuntu base. `---- http:/...

Apple or third-party protection vs. Mac's password system
Since I carry my PowerBook just about everywhere I go, I am considering a third-party tool (such as Knox from https://www.knoxformac.com/) or Apple's own FileVault (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/filevault/) to protect personal files. I got to thinking about this when I got very drunk one night in a bar and left my machine behind, but the bar staff knew me and kept it for me. And a co-worker had his laptop stolen off his shoulder while he was walking down a sidewalk, like a purse snatching. I almost never "sleep" the Mac ... I usually power off whenever I'm don...

Psystar Macs Better Than Apple Macs?
Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. http://store.psystar.com/review/product/list/id/106/category/39/ John In article <h88s9j$8gm$1@news.eternal-september.org>, John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net> wrote: > Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right > idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and > expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. ...

Web resources about - Apple is now in third... - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Apple
Apple designs and creates iPod and iTunes, Mac laptop and desktop computers, the OS X operating system, and the revolutionary iPhone and iPad. ...

Apple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the fruit. For the technology company, see Apple Inc. . For other uses, see Apple (disambiguation) . The apple is the pomaceous ...

Open Directory - Home: Cooking: Fruits and Vegetables: Apples
... - suggest URL - update listing - become an editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Fruits_and_Vegetables/Apples ...

Apple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the fruit. For the technology company, see Apple Inc. For other uses, see Apple (disambiguation) or Apple tree (disambiguation) ...

Apple - Facebook
Fundación 1 de abril de 1976 Apple Inc. es una empresa multinacional estadounidense con sede en...

Apple
Apple designs and creates iPod and iTunes, Mac laptop and desktop computers, the OS X operating system, and the revolutionary iPhone.

The Apple1980 - Imdb
Musical set in the 'future', e.g. 1994. A young couple enters the world of the music industry, but also the world of drugs.

Apple Store - iTunes
When you’re on the go, the Apple Store app is the best way to research, personalize, and buy products from Apple, and get help at the Apple Retail ...

Apple - CrunchBase
Started by Steve Jobs , Steve Wozniak , and Ronald Wayne, Apple has expanded from computers to consumer electronics over the last 30 years, officially ...

What is the reason for the rise of programmers using Apple machines?
Can you perhaps, site evidence of this rise? Otherwise, I think you might be begging the question.