Cool feature...

System-wide autocomplete.

Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
typing a long word.

Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
letters.

Cool!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> System-wide autocomplete.
>
> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> typing a long word.
>
> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> letters.
>
> Cool!

It takes so little to entertain the feeble minded.

0
Redjak
10/27/2010 7:46:06 PM
In article <alangbaker-D98EC1.11130127102010@news.shawcable.com>,
 Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:

> System-wide autocomplete.
>
> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> typing a long word.
>
> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> letters.
>
> Cool!

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
definition of that word.

--
Sandman[.net]
0

> System-wide autocomplete.
>
> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> typing a long word.
>
> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> letters.
>
> Cool!

I had seen this before but had forgotten the keystroke.  Thanks.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
10/27/2010 8:32:14 PM

"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message
> In article <alangbaker-D98EC1.11130127102010@news.shawcable.com>,
> Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:
>
>> System-wide autocomplete.
>>
>> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>> typing a long word.
>>
>> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>> letters.
>>
>> Cool!
>
> Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
> a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
> definition of that word.

Couldn't they do it with a right click?

0
Redjak
10/27/2010 8:37:43 PM
On Oct 27, 1:37=A0pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

> > In article <alangbaker-D98EC1.11130127102...@news.shawcable.com>,
> > Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> >> System-wide autocomplete.
>
> >> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> >> typing a long word.
>
> >> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> >> letters.
>
> >> Cool!
>
> > Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
> > a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
> > definition of that word.
>
> Couldn't they do it with a right click?

You mean something like right-click, "Look up in Dictionary"?

Yes, they could. In fact, they do.
0
Alan
10/27/2010 11:25:45 PM

"Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
> Alan Baker stated in post
> alangbaker-D98EC1.11130127102010@news.shawcable.com on 10/27/10 11:13 AM:
>
>> System-wide autocomplete.
>>
>> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>> typing a long word.
>>
>> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>> letters.
>>
>> Cool!
>
> I had seen this before but had forgotten the keystroke.  Thanks.
>

> --
> [INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit begs for my attention.

0
Chance
10/27/2010 11:55:58 PM
Redjak wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:
>> System-wide autocomplete.
>>
>> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>> typing a long word.
>>
>> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>> letters.
>>
>> Cool!
>
> It takes so little to entertain the feeble minded.

It might be useful to you, zara ... if you actually *knew* any long words!

0
Tim
10/28/2010 12:25:22 AM

> On Oct 27, 1:37 pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

>> > Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
>> > a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
>> > definition of that word.
>>
>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>
> You mean something like right-click, "Look up in Dictionary"?
>
> Yes, they could. In fact, they do.

Well why didn't he say that in the first place?

0
Redjak
10/28/2010 12:45:08 AM
Redjak stated in post iaah2h$1op$1@news.eternal-september.org on 10/27/10
5:45 PM:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>> On Oct 27, 1:37 pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

>>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>>
>> You mean something like right-click, "Look up in Dictionary"?
>>
>> Yes, they could. In fact, they do.
>
> Well why didn't he say that in the first place?

That in the first place.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
10/28/2010 12:50:44 AM
In article <iaah2h$1op$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > On Oct 27, 1:37 pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

> >> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
> >
> > You mean something like right-click, "Look up in Dictionary"?
> >
> > Yes, they could. In fact, they do.
>
> Well why didn't he say that in the first place?

So I have to catalogue every feature for you in the same post, do I?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/28/2010 4:20:43 AM
In article <iaa2il$blt$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> System-wide autocomplete.
> >>
> >> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> >> typing a long word.
> >>
> >> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> >> letters.
> >>
> >> Cool!
> >
> > Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
> > a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
> > definition of that word.
>
> Couldn't they do it with a right click?

Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
you go along.

--
Sandman[.net]
0
Alan Baker stated in post
alangbaker-D98EC1.11130127102010@news.shawcable.com on 10/27/10 11:13 AM:

> System-wide autocomplete.
>
> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> typing a long word.
>
> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> letters.
>
> Cool!

No need for option - just hit escape.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
10/28/2010 7:08:32 AM

> In article <iaah2h$1op$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

>> > You mean something like right-click, "Look up in Dictionary"?
>> >
>> > Yes, they could. In fact, they do.
>>
>> Well why didn't he say that in the first place?
>
> So I have to catalogue every feature for you in the same post, do I?

Did anyone see me ask you?  if you have an issue, you should MYOFB, and you
won't.

0
Redjak
10/28/2010 1:44:52 PM

>> > Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
>> > a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
>> > definition of that word.
>>
>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>
> Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
> all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
> you go along.

So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
paragraph?

0
Redjak
10/28/2010 1:46:25 PM

"Chance Furlong" <T-Bone@megakatcuty.com> wrote in message

> "Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>> Alan Baker stated in post
>> alangbaker-D98EC1.11130127102010@news.shawcable.com on 10/27/10 11:13 AM:
>>
>>> System-wide autocomplete.
>>>
>>> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>>> typing a long word.
>>>
>>> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>>> letters.
>>>
>>> Cool!
>>
>> I had seen this before but had forgotten the keystroke.  Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> [INSERT .SIG HERE]
>>

> Snit begs for my attention.

Get some new material. Jimmy.

0
Redjak
10/28/2010 1:48:01 PM
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:13:01 -0700, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
wrote:

>System-wide autocomplete.
>
>Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>typing a long word.
>
>Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>letters.
>
>Cool!

I need that, why?
0
Tommy
10/28/2010 2:53:19 PM
Redjak stated in post iaburf$tcm$1@news.eternal-september.org on 10/28/10
6:46 AM:

> "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>>
>> Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>> all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>> you go along.
>
> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
> paragraph?

Yes.  :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
10/28/2010 3:58:40 PM
"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>> > Yeah, it's pretty cool. Also, you can hover the mouse over any word in
>> > a Cocoa text field and hit cmd-ctrl-D to see a dictionary popup
>> > definition of that word.
>>
>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>
> Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
> all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
> you go along.

You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the mouse
with the other hand?

Type out "retarded" then apply your procedure.   I bet a picture of you will
pop up.   LOL

0
Clavicus
10/28/2010 4:12:45 PM
"Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>>
>> Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>> all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>> you go along.
>
> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
> paragraph?

Sandman only needs to look up big words, like cat or dog.

0
Clavicus
10/28/2010 4:13:53 PM

"Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote in message

> "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>>> Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>>> all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>>> you go along.
>>
>> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
>> paragraph?
>
> Sandman only needs to look up big words, like cat or dog.

LOL!

0
Redjak
10/28/2010 6:48:26 PM

> "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>>> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
>>
>> Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>> all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>> you go along.
>
> You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the
> mouse with the other hand?

Is that an Apple "feature"?  It's no wonder they're stuck at less than 5%
world market share.

> Type out "retarded" then apply your procedure.   I bet a picture of you
> will pop up.   LOL

0
Redjak
10/28/2010 6:50:05 PM
On Oct 28, 8:53=A0am, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:13:01 -0700, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >System-wide autocomplete.
>
> >Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> >typing a long word.
>
> >Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> >letters.
>
> >Cool!
>
> I need that, why?

Well, we didn't want to say anything because we didn't want to hurt
your feeling but...  ;)
0
Steve
10/28/2010 9:20:36 PM
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:20:36 -0700 (PDT), Steve Carroll
<fretwizzer@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 28, 8:53�am, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:13:01 -0700, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >System-wide autocomplete.
>>
>> >Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>> >typing a long word.
>>
>> >Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>> >letters.
>>
>> >Cool!
>>
>> I need that, why?
>
>Well, we didn't want to say anything because we didn't want to hurt
>your feeling but...  ;)

Unlike Maccies I can spell words, even hard ones, and can write a
complete sentence. So I need that feature, why?
0
Tommy
10/28/2010 11:47:47 PM
wrote:

>System-wide autocomplete.
>
>Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
>typing a long word.
>
>Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
>letters.
>
>Cool!

The need for this feature on the Mac, and the writer's reaction to it,
say a lot about the intelligence of the average Mac user. Or, lack
thereof...
0
Tommy
10/28/2010 11:49:21 PM
On Oct 28, 5:49=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:13:01 -0700, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >System-wide autocomplete.
>
> >Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> >typing a long word.
>
> >Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> >letters.
>
> >Cool!
>
> The need for this feature on the Mac, and the writer's reaction to it,
> say a lot about the intelligence of the average Mac user. Or, lack
> thereof...

Sooo.... because I (personally) can add large numbers in my head is a
valid reason to toss calculator apps off of all computers?

Your 'intelligence' is astounding, Tom. LOL!
0
Steve
10/29/2010 12:02:58 AM
Redjak wrote:
> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
> paragraph?

That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.

0
Tim
10/29/2010 4:36:32 AM
In article <iac7dv$c3c$1@news.albasani.net>,

> >> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
> >
> > Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
> > all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
> > you go along.
>
> You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the mouse
> with the other hand?

This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
something?

--
Sandman[.net]
0

> >> Couldn't they do it with a right click?
> >
> > Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
> > all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
> > you go along.
>
> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
> paragraph?

So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?

--
Sandman[.net]
0

>> > Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>> > all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>> > you go along.
>>
>> You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the
>> mouse
>> with the other hand?
>
> This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
> something?

How to turn a positive into a negative!  BWAHAAAAH, Dance little iPuppet,
dance.

0
Redjak
10/29/2010 12:50:01 PM

>> > Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>> > all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>> > you go along.
>>
>> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
>> paragraph?
>
> So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?

No - I'm saying you are stupid.  If you need the definition of every single
word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.

See, you were too stupid to understand what I said.

0
Redjak
10/29/2010 12:52:42 PM

"Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Redjak wrote:
>> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
>> paragraph?
>>

> That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.

Deep, Polly, very deep.

0
Redjak
10/29/2010 12:53:04 PM
In article <iaeg2n$7mq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
> >> paragraph?
> >
> > So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?
>
> No

Troll fact check FAIL

--
Sandman[.net]
0
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the
> >> mouse
> >> with the other hand?
> >
> > This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
> > something?
>
> How to turn a positive into a negative!

Keep trying!

--
Sandman[.net]
0
Redjak wrote:

> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>> Redjak wrote:
>>> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
>>> paragraph?
>>>

>> That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.
>>

> Deep, Polly, very deep.

Clearly deeper than your level of understanding, that's for sure.

0
Tim
10/29/2010 2:31:26 PM

>> > This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
>> > something?
>>
>> How to turn a positive into a negative!
>
> Keep trying!

One beating a day isn't enough for you?

LOL

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 4:18:29 PM

>> > So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?
>>
>> No
>
> Troll fact check FAIL

Stupid widdle iPuppet thinks if he clips it disappears?  Widdle iPuppet is
pathetically amusing.  Thank you widdle iPuppet for making me chuckle.

0
Redjak
10/29/2010 4:20:36 PM

"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>> > This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
>> > something?
>>
>> How to turn a positive into a negative!
>
> Keep trying!

Wow!  Your widdle iPuppet feet move sooo fast.

0
Redjak
10/29/2010 4:21:24 PM
"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message

>> > Yes, they can. But holding cmd-ctrl-D and scrubbing your cursor over
>> > all the words in a paragraph will popup definitions for all of them as
>> > you go along.
>>
>> You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the
>> mouse
>> with the other hand?
>
> This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
> something?

Thanks for making it clear the Mac is favored by freaks and misfits.

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 4:21:26 PM
On Oct 29, 6:52=A0am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

> >> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word i=
n a
> >> paragraph?
>
> > So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?
>
> No - I'm saying you are stupid. =A0If you need the definition of every si=
ngle
> word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.

Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available to
you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)

0
Steve
10/29/2010 5:25:11 PM
In article <2VAyo.4166$iG3.3261@newsfe18.iad>,
 Tim Murray <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote:

> Redjak wrote:
> >

> > "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> >>>

> >> That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.
> >>

> > Deep, Polly, very deep.
> >

> Clearly deeper than your level of understanding, that's for sure.

But really: what isn't?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/29/2010 5:38:07 PM
"Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Redjak wrote:
>> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
>> paragraph?
>>

> That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.

Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in everything
you read in order to understand it?

In that case, you don't need a Mac, you need to go back to the 1st Grade!

LOL

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 5:43:19 PM
In article <iaf13o$92h$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> > Redjak wrote:
> >> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
> >> paragraph?
> >>

> > That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.
>
> Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in everything
> you read in order to understand it?

No, that's not what he said. If you think it is, then you clearly need
something that will let you look up the meaning of each word in his post.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/29/2010 5:46:10 PM
> In article <iaf13o$92h$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>> >>

>> > That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.
>>
>> Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in everything
>> you read in order to understand it?
>
> No, that's not what he said. If you think it is, then you clearly need
> something that will let you look up the meaning of each word in his post.

LOL

>> In that case, you don't need a Mac, you need to go back to the 1st Grade!
>>
>> LOL
>
> --
> "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
> "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix
> with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin
> on Mac OS X)
> '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
> on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 5:56:13 PM
"Steve Carroll" <fretwizzer@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Oct 29, 6:52 am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

> >> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in
> >> paragraph?
>
> > So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?
>
> No - I'm saying you are stupid. If you need the definition of every single
> word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.

SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available to
you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)

Sure, because we always go out of our way to point out what we don't need is
available.

LOLLERCOASTER

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 5:58:41 PM
In article <iaf20i$aas$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Steve Carroll" <fretwizzer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Oct 29, 6:52 am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

> > > So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?
> >
> > No - I'm saying you are stupid. If you need the definition of every single
> > word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.
>
> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available to
> you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
>
> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point out what we don't need is
> available.
>
> LOLLERCOASTER

I don't need a GPS for 99% of the driving I do...

....but when I need one, it's nice to have.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/29/2010 6:03:52 PM
Clavicus Vile stated in post iaf20i$aas$1@news.albasani.net on 10/29/10
10:58 AM:

>>> So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here?
>>
>> No - I'm saying you are stupid. If you need the definition of every single
>> word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.
>
> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available to
> you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
>
> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point out what we don't need is
> available.
>
> LOLLERCOASTER

Seriously, did you see Steve's response to my comments on his ignorance
about being actually guilty and having an adjudication system find someone
as guilty.  He got himself so twisted around he had to admit he was
rewriting my comments to try to make them sound as stupid as he is.

Of course, Carroll is just a moron and twists himself in circles.  On the
same topic:

 Steve argues actually guilty = committed the crime
    -----
    [Justice Black] is drawing the distinction between legal guilt and
    ACTUALLY having committed the crime... the same distinction that
    *I* am drawing.
    -----

 Steve argues actually guilty = found guilty
    -----
    Being guilty "in a legal sense", being found guilty "in a legal sense",
    being determined guilty "in a legal sense" or being *actually* guilty
    "in a legal sense", all mean the same thing.
    -----

 Steve argues actually guilty DOES NOT EXIST!
    -----
    There is no such thing as *actually* guilty in this context.
    There is only guilty or not guilty.
    -----

 Steve argues actually guilty <> committed the crime
    -----
    The tough part to deal with is that you needn't  *actually* have
    committed the crime to be *actually* guilty in this context.
    -----

Face it, this is simple: people who are actually guilty need not be found so
in a court, and people who are found so might not be actually guilty.  Steve
used to refer to "law worship" - he simply cannot understand how the
adjudication system can deem an innocent person guilty or fail to find a
guilty person as such.

When even simple concepts like this escape him, what chance is there he will
understand *anything*?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
10/29/2010 6:09:17 PM
> In article <iaf20i$aas$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Steve Carroll" <fretwizzer@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Oct 29, 6:52 am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

>> > No - I'm saying you are stupid. If you need the definition of every
>> > single
>> > word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.
>>
>> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available
>> you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
>>
>> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point out what we don't need
>> is
>> available.
>>
>> LOLLERCOASTER
>
> I don't need a GPS for 99% of the driving I do...
>
> ...but when I need one, it's nice to have.

But you always look at it, because you don't need it, but it's available.
LOL

Fucking dunce!

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 6:17:18 PM
In article <iaf33g$btj$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> >> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available
> >> you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
> >>
> >> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point out what we don't need
> >> is
> >> available.
> >>
> >> LOLLERCOASTER
> >
> > I don't need a GPS for 99% of the driving I do...
> >
> > ...but when I need one, it's nice to have.
>
> But you always look at it,
> because you don't need it, but it's available.

Nope. Because I only bother to turn it on and put it on its mount when I
need it.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/29/2010 6:23:34 PM
On Oct 29, 11:58=A0am, "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.v...@oblivion.org>
wrote:
> "Steve Carroll" <fretwiz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 29, 6:52 am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

> > > So you're saying that you're as stupid as you make yourself look here=
?

> > No - I'm saying you are stupid. If you need the definition of every sin=
gle
> > word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.
>
> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it available t=
> you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
>
> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point

.... out how you guys are unable to differentiate between things other
people can easily differentiate between?

Yeah... uh...  you really don't need to point things like this out
anymore;)

For the record: I don't buy Elam's (or any other troll's) claim of
never needing a dictionary. By why stop at a dictionary?

I asked Tom the logical question to his stated position:

"Sooo.... because I (personally) can add large numbers in my head is a
valid reason to toss calculator apps off of all computers?"

Consider the argument implied by this question taken to its logical
conclusion:

"So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word
in a paragraph?"

If the manufacturer of a computer system  tossed out features based on
*one* user's lack of need of an included feature, what do you suppose
the system would be like? I can easily compound the problem in ways
you aren't likely to comprehend... but what's the point? You're
stumped on this part of it. LOL!

0
Steve
10/29/2010 7:13:54 PM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Oct 29, 11:58 am, "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.v...@oblivion.org>
> wrote:
>> "Steve Carroll" <fretwiz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> On Oct 29, 6:52 am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

>>> No - I'm saying you are stupid. If you need the definition of every
>>> single word in a paragraph - that means you are truly stupid.
>>
>> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it
>> available to you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
>>
>> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point
>
> ... out how you guys are unable to differentiate between things other
> people can easily differentiate between?
>
> Yeah... uh...  you really don't need to point things like this out
> anymore;)
>
> For the record: I don't buy Elam's (or any other troll's) claim of
> never needing a dictionary. By why stop at a dictionary?
>
> I asked Tom the logical question to his stated position:
>
> "Sooo.... because I (personally) can add large numbers in my head is a
> valid reason to toss calculator apps off of all computers?"
>
> Consider the argument implied by this question taken to its logical
> conclusion:
>
> "So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word
> in a paragraph?"
>
> If the manufacturer of a computer system  tossed out features based on
> *one* user's lack of need of an included feature, what do you suppose
> the system would be like? I can easily compound the problem in ways
> you aren't likely to comprehend... but what's the point? You're
> stumped on this part of it. LOL!

Snot is pulling up ancient debates because he is consumed by hatred.

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
10/29/2010 7:16:40 PM

>> > I don't need a GPS for 99% of the driving I do...
>> >
>> > ...but when I need one, it's nice to have.
>>
>> But you always look at it,
>> because you don't need it, but it's available.
>
> Nope. Because I only bother to turn it on and put it on its mount when I
> need it.

Then your example doesn't equate to what Sandman is doing.

>> LOL
>>
>> Fucking dunce!
>
> --
> "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
> "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix
> with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin
> on Mac OS X)
> '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
> on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 7:19:03 PM
In article <iaf6n9$hcv$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> >> But you always look at it,
> >> because you don't need it, but it's available.
> >
> > Nope. Because I only bother to turn it on and put it on its mount when I
> > need it.
>
> Then your example doesn't equate to what Sandman is doing.

What is he doing, zara?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/29/2010 7:23:38 PM
In article <iaes4m$1c0$1@news.albasani.net>,

> >> How to turn a positive into a negative!
> >
> > Keep trying!
>
> One beating a day isn't enough for you?

So, what, you won't even try? Or was this it? :)

--
Sandman[.net]
0

> >> You're going to hold down three keys with one hand while you move the
> >> mouse
> >> with the other hand?
> >
> > This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
> > something?
>
> Thanks for making it clear the Mac is favored by freaks and misfits.

Freaks that can use both hands...

Is all English hard for you to keep up with or is it only written?

--
Sandman[.net]
0

>> > This is a problem for Windows users? Is your other hand occupied with
>> > something?
>>
>> Thanks for making it clear the Mac is favored by freaks and misfits.
>
> Freaks that can use both hands...
>
> Is all English hard for you to keep up with or is it only written?

LOL

0
Clavicus
10/29/2010 10:53:50 PM
On Oct 29, 4:42=A0pm, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> > > Keep trying!
>
> > One beating a day isn't enough for you?
>
> So, what, you won't even try? Or was this it? :)

LOL!

0
Steve
10/29/2010 11:39:10 PM
Tommy the Troll stated in post 1r2kc69i17dg0h8qfr6dvaa4ssmgm4jbql@4ax.com on
10/28/10 4:47 PM:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:20:36 -0700 (PDT), Steve Carroll
> <fretwizzer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 28, 8:53�am, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

>>> I need that, why?
>>
>> Well, we didn't want to say anything because we didn't want to hurt
>> your feeling but...  ;)
>
> Unlike Maccies I can spell words, even hard ones, and can write a
> complete sentence. So I need that feature, why?

Steve is pretending this key combo is easy but key combos he could not
figure out not so easy: <http://goo.gl/beyx>.

What a hypocrite he is.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
10/30/2010 1:04:12 AM
On Oct 29, 7:04=A0pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Tommy the Troll stated in post 1r2kc69i17dg0h8qfr6dvaa4ssmgm4j...@4ax.com=
 on
> 10/28/10 4:47 PM:
>

> > On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:20:36 -0700 (PDT), Steve Carroll
> > <fretwiz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well, we didn't want to say anything because we didn't want to hurt
> >> your feeling but... =A0;)
>
> > Unlike Maccies I can spell words, even hard ones, and can write a
> > complete sentence. So I need that feature, why?
>
> Steve

.... has pointed out how you labeled something a "bug" in OSX... an
"inconsistency", yet, you called the *very same thing*  my "user
error".

0
Steve
10/30/2010 3:10:48 AM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Oct 29, 7:04 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> Tommy the Troll stated in post
>> 1r2kc69i17dg0h8qfr6dvaa4ssmgm4j...@4ax.com on 10/28/10 4:47 PM:

>>> Unlike Maccies I can spell words, even hard ones, and can write a
>>> complete sentence. So I need that feature, why?
>>
>> Steve
>
> ... has pointed out how you labeled something a "bug" in OSX... an
> "inconsistency", yet, you called the *very same thing*  my "user
> error".

PWND!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
10/30/2010 3:23:12 AM
Clavicus Vile wrote:

> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>> Redjak wrote:
>>> So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word in a
>>> paragraph?
>>>

>> That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.
>
> Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in everything
> you read in order to understand it?

No. That's not what I said, so why do you ask?

0
Tim
10/31/2010 1:43:31 AM

> Clavicus Vile wrote:
>>
>> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> That's kind of the basis of understanding human language.
>>
>> Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in everything
>> you read in order to understand it?
>
> No. That's not what I said, so why do you ask?

No.  That's what you did say, Polly.  Look up! You don't seem to have a
grasp of the English language.

0
Redjak
10/31/2010 10:08:03 PM
Redjak wrote:

> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> Clavicus Vile wrote:

>>> Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in
>>> everything you read in order to understand it?
>>
>> No. That's not what I said, so why do you ask?
>
> No.  That's what you did say, Polly.  Look up! You don't seem to have a
> grasp of the English language.

I said the "need" to know was the basis of understanding; that's not the
same as having to look stuff up.

0
Tim
10/31/2010 11:02:57 PM
In article <iakpc4$v8h$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> > Clavicus Vile wrote:
> >>
> >> "Tim Murray" <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message

> >> Do  you need to look up the definition of every single word in everything
> >> you read in order to understand it?
> >
> > No. That's not what I said, so why do you ask?
>
> No.  That's what you did say, Polly.  Look up! You don't seem to have a
> grasp of the English language.

Sorry, but it's not.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
11/1/2010 2:38:47 AM
"Big Crotch on a Small Fish" <BigCrotch@SmallFish> wrote in message
> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Oct 29, 11:58 am, "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.v...@oblivion.org>
>> wrote:
>>> "Steve Carroll" <fretwiz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> SC: Being unable to discern the difference between 'having it
>>> available to you' and 'needing it' means... you're Tom Elam;)
>>>
>>> Sure, because we always go out of our way to point
>>
>> ... out how you guys are unable to differentiate between things other
>> people can easily differentiate between?
>>
>> Yeah... uh...  you really don't need to point things like this out
>> anymore;)
>>
>> For the record: I don't buy Elam's (or any other troll's) claim of
>> never needing a dictionary. By why stop at a dictionary?
>>
>> I asked Tom the logical question to his stated position:
>>
>> "Sooo.... because I (personally) can add large numbers in my head is a
>> valid reason to toss calculator apps off of all computers?"
>>
>> Consider the argument implied by this question taken to its logical
>> conclusion:
>>
>> "So you're saying you need to know the definition of every singe word
>> in a paragraph?"
>>
>> If the manufacturer of a computer system  tossed out features based on
>> *one* user's lack of need of an included feature, what do you suppose
>> the system would be like? I can easily compound the problem in ways
>> you aren't likely to comprehend... but what's the point? You're
>> stumped on this part of it. LOL!
>
> Snot is pulling up ancient debates because he is consumed by hatred.
>
> --
> You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

Snit and Steve are two sides of the same coin.    I'm not convinced they're
not one and the same person.

0
Clavicus
11/3/2010 2:58:50 PM
Clavicus Vile stated in post iartbb$34r$1@news.albasani.net on 11/3/10 7:58
AM:
>>> If the manufacturer of a computer system  tossed out features based on
>>> *one* user's lack of need of an included feature, what do you suppose
>>> the system would be like? I can easily compound the problem in ways
>>> you aren't likely to comprehend... but what's the point? You're
>>> stumped on this part of it. LOL!
>>
>> Snot is pulling up ancient debates because he is consumed by hatred.
>>
>> --
>> You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch
>
> Snit and Steve are two sides of the same coin.    I'm not convinced they're
> not one and the same person.

Sandman says we are the same.  I think he is not right.

But as far as being two sides of the same coin, I suppose: I am honor and
honesty and Steve is the exact opposite.  Notice, for example, how he
accuses me of sock puppetry in the same thread where he is talking to one of
his socks.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/3/2010 3:07:22 PM
On 10/27/2010 11:13 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
> System-wide autocomplete.
>
> Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> typing a long word.
>
> Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> letters.
>
> Cool!

     Wow! Autocomplete!

John
0
John
11/8/2010 2:32:53 AM
In article <njJBo.11962$iG3.3002@newsfe18.iad>,
 John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On 10/27/2010 11:13 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
> > System-wide autocomplete.
> >
> > Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting
> > typing a long word.
> >
> > Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those
> > letters.
> >
> > Cool!
> >

>      Wow! Autocomplete!
>
> John

System-wide autocomplete, John. Auto-complete in any application that
uses the Cocoa text APIs

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan

iSkysoft released iMedia 2.0 with overhauled interface and groundbreaking features
November 24, 2009- iSkysoft Studio announced the availability of iMedia Converter for Mac 2.0, a breakthrough new version of all-in-one DVD and Video conversion application for Mac OS X. iMedia Converter enables Mac users to easily copy DVDs, convert a large variety of video types for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, etc. iSkysoft offers FREE upgrade to iMedia 2.0 for customers who have purchased iMedia 1.0 and generous discount for all iSkysoft customers! iSkysoft is a professional multimedia software provider for Macintosh users. It is one of the very few developers that have a full range o...

This is cool!
Hey there, I just found this pretty neat site that is giving away free stuff, such as the 1GB of Corsair XMX Xtreme Memory, a bundle including; an Ati Radeon 9800 PRO, 512MB of PC3200 DDR RAM, and a 180GB hard drive. There is also the option to get the brand new ATI Radeon x800 PRO video card, or a cash option. The best offer has to be the Compaq Presario laptop though, it looks pretty cool. It is completely legitimate, and thousands of people have received their products from the free sites so far. All you need to do is copy the following link into your browser, and follow the...

[News] KOffice Gains Very Unique Features
KDE Commit Digest - Issue 76 ,----[ Quote ] | Marijn Kruisselbrink introduces his successful Summer of Code project, Music | Notation Support for KOffice... `---- http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-09-16/ Some screenshots available. Related: Mandriva 2008 KDE (latest beta): Linux Monitor Screenshots: Mandriva Linux 2008 Beta 2 http://www.linuxmonitor.net/shots/thumbnails-6.html The Road to KDE 4: New KOffice Technologies ,----[ Quote ] | In this week's edition of the Road to KDE 4, we'll take a look at the up | and coming KWord 2.0 as part of the KOffice project. KWord 1...

RGB,hue feature vector
Sir,I am doing color image retrieval, my aim is to calculate RGB feature vector and also hue feature vector of an image and find the similarity and compare those results. So if anyone know, pls send me the coding. ...

Apple iPhone offers 8 hour talk time and a few new features
Apple iPhone offers 8 hour talk time and a few new features http://mobilephone-guide.blogspot.com/2007/06/apple-iphone-offers-8-hour-talk-time.html ...

Filters Are Soooooo Cool
I haven't seen a single ms monkey post for almost TWO weeks now. Pretty interesting watching the hard ball list of Linux adoption growing day by day with not a single brain dead comment from the little weak bootlickers. But I do miss the fighting though. Nothing like a good fight. "flyer" <flyer@there.net> wrote in message news:MPG.20f50387776063f2989887@news.lafn.org... > > I haven't seen a single ms monkey post for almost TWO weeks now. > > Pretty interesting watching the hard ball list of Linux adoption growing > day by day with not a single br...

US: Software Developers, Integration design exp., VB, Cool:Gen, C, Paradox, SQL (45291657623)
US: Software Developers, Integration design exp., VB, Cool:Gen, C, Paradox, SQL (45291657623) ============================================================================================= Position: Software Developers Reference: SMC01039 Location: Duration: Skills: Systems development and integration design experience; Strong expertise in data and process modeling, especially with regards to health care management systems. VB (6.0 & .NET), Cool:Gen, C, programming languages, tools such as Business Objects, ...

COOL!
who wants to tell me how on earth do i have negative free space on one of my partitions. It was full, so it should have been zero. I have a 5.2.1-RELEASE system. where did the extra data get dumped to? or is it due to a soft update that didnt get commited to the disk yet? On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:09:42 -0400 wally <root@localhost.localdomain> wrote: > who wants to tell me how on earth do i have negative free space on one > of my partitions. It was full, so it should have been zero. I have a > 5.2.1-RELEASE system. where did the extra data get dumped to? or is it > d...

[ANN] IDE with support for upcoming Java 1.5 language features
Hi! We have just released version 6.1 of CodeGuide, our fast and powerful IDE for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. A free 20 days-of-use trial can be downloaded from our website at http://www.omnicore.com The new version offers major enhancements: - Support for upcoming Java 1.5 language features CodeGuide fully supports generic types as specified in JSR 14 and all other language enhancements as specified in JSR 201: enums, varargs, autoboxing, static imports and the enhanced for loop. Code completion, compilation and refactorings are aware of the new features. http://www.omnicore.com/inde...

US: Data Architect, NSK, C, or Cool:Gen development exp., Client systems. (45287832409)
US: Data Architect, NSK, C, or Cool:Gen development exp., Client systems. (45287832409) ======================================================================================= Position: Data Architect Reference: SMC01132 Location: Duration: Skills: NSK development and architecture design; strong technical expertise in C development; Cool:Gen development experience preferred. Experience with client systems and/or Medicaid Management Information systems experience preferable. Scope: Oversees the detailed technical aspects of an app...

cool optical illusions.
http://thechive.com/2010/06/28/daily-afternoon-randomness-41-photos-2/randoms-for-mon-41/ these are real eye teasers. ...

security feature in sendmail
Hello, is there a list (or webpage or some) that lists all security features sendmail has that have to do with reducing spam ? thanks, Ron Ron Croonenberg wrote: > Hello, > > is there a list (or webpage or some) that lists all security features > sendmail has that have to do with reducing spam ? First part of the 'anti-spam configuration control' section of cf/README: The primary anti-spam features available in sendmail are: * Relaying is denied by default. * Better checking on sender information. * Access database. * Header checks. .... Additionally you might...

[News] Damn Small Linux 3.2 Released; Amarok Gets Nice New Features
DSL v3.2 is now released Download from mirrors or Ibiblio... http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=17052 Amarok Weekly Newsletter - Issue 5 ,----[ Quote ] | # More precise scores | # Fadeout | # Configurable playlist color | # Filter editor | # Cool tips: DCOP goodies `---- http://ljubomir.simin.googlepages.com/awnissue5 ...

Cooling laptops and cooling fans
Is there any way to stop the continuous processor cooling fans on my laptop or is it always supposed to be on. Anyone have any suggestions on cooling pads/stands for laptops or ways to cool them down on a desk? Thanks "fc045" <fc045@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:WVPxc.8441$uX2.1008@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... | Is there any way to stop the continuous processor cooling fans on my laptop | or is it always supposed to be on. | | Anyone have any suggestions on cooling pads/stands for laptops or ways to | cool them down on a desk? | | Thanks I use one of these. Make...

compiler bug / strange language feature
Hello world: Gcc 4.4.3 generates a compiler error if I try to define a variable or function called for. However, it seems to me that because of the special syntax of the for keyword (parentheses with two semicolons), it is always possible to distinguish unambiguously between for being used as a keyword and for being used as a variable or function name. So why is it disallowed by Gcc? Is it a compiler bug or was this an oversight when the C language was created? Cheers John In article <hodh2f$pfh$1@speranza.aioe.org>, john <john@nospam.com> wrote: >Gcc ...

Cool feature...
System-wide autocomplete. Open up TextEdit (or any other app that uses the Cocoa API), starting typing a long word. Now hit option-escape. Up pops a list of words that start with those letters. Cool! -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) ...

cool console stuff?
Howdy, I love linux!!! I am using RH 7.2 sort of newbie I love console too!!! So any games? especially network type that doesn't require X. OR, ANY COOL CONSOLE STUFF Thanks Timot On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:38:00 GMT, Timothy Law <timlaw@gamebox.net> wrote: > > > Howdy, > > I love linux!!! I am using RH 7.2 sort of newbie > > I love console too!!! So any games? especially network type that doesn't > require X. > > OR, ANY COOL CONSOLE STUFF > > Thanks > > Timot > > Greetings, Timot. I run Linux almost exclusively from ...

Cool Burst
This cellphone theme software takes advantage of a picture of a film poster, giving you a good sense of hi-tech and mystery. Features: - being colorful, which creates nice visual impact. -personalized designs of pictures and menu buttons. -a full reflection of creativity. -simple operation. -cool,and is an embodiment of fashion. More Info: http://www.sharewaredown.com/Shareware/internet/mobile/Cool_Burst_84698.html Download URL: http://www.sharewaredown.com/download/Cool%20Burst.rar Screenshot URL: http://www.sharewaredown.com/Shareware/internet/mobile/Cool_Burst_84698.html ...

This is really cool!!!
www.PCbeginner.com ...

US: Data Architect, NSK, C, or Cool:Gen development exp., Client systems. (45298557602)
US: Data Architect, NSK, C, or Cool:Gen development exp., Client systems. (45298557602) ======================================================================================= Position: Data Architect Reference: SMC01132 Location: Duration: Skills: NSK development and architecture design; strong technical expertise in C development; Cool:Gen development experience preferred. Experience with client systems and/or Medicaid Management Information systems experience preferable. Scope: Oversees the detailed technical aspects of an app...

Re: Unused Mainframe Features
.... and on we go <quote> I do admit that I've not heard of syntax highlighting or other enhancements you mention. Nor do I know of anyone else who has. I guess this is not more widely known because the mainframe types that I've run into aren't real big on sharing. </quote> As mentioned by Alan the syntax highlighting is somewhat crude in that it can not be customized by end users (although the need for this has been voiced on both IBM-MAIN and ISPF-L. [Just realized that I refered to IBM-MAIN as IBM-L in my other post. Sorry for that]) However here's what I us...

Calling Features and LATAs [Telecom]
AT&T restricts some of its calling features to intra-LATA calls. For example, Call Return (*69 in most areas) will not function if the call came from outside the called party's LATA. Call Selection, a feature to reject up to 10 directory numbers in a list, will work only for intra-LATA numbers. Thus, the feature is virtually useless because 98% of directory numbers are outside the subscribing customer's LATA. Selective Call Forwarding, a feature where up to 10 numbers in a list will supposedly be forwarded to a designated number. This one is even more kinky. ...

cool
www.icq6.drix.co.il ...

US: Application Architect, Integration Design exp., VB, Cool:Gen, C, Crystal Rep (45290857605)
US: Application Architect, Integration Design exp., VB, Cool:Gen, C, Crystal Rep (45290857605) ============================================================================================== Position: Application Architect Reference: SMC01131 Location: Duration: Skills: Systems architecture and integration design experience; Strong expertise in data and process modeling, especially with regards to health care management systems, VB (6.0 & .NET), Cool:Gen, C, programming languages, tools such as Business Objec...

Adding our application to the featured apps list
Hi, We have recently released the first version of our software VibeStudio Designer 1 for commercial use. We used wxWidgets to build all the applications in our software suite. We were wondering how we can add the software to the featured apps section on the wxWidgets website. Is there a certain email address that we need to send to? Do we need to send a screen shot and a small description of our software, or how does it work? Thanks in advance. Tamer El Nashar VRSonic Inc ...