Copy, copy, copy...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/06/08/apple_wwdc_2015_music_news_and_other_things_apple_thinks_it_invented.html
0
Nashton

On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 9:49:16 AM UTC-4, Nashton wrote:
> http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/06/08/apple_wwdc_2015_music_news_and_other_things_apple_thinks_it_invented.html

And that was all they ever did, from the very beginning, when they stole from Xerox.
0
Walter
6/12/2015 6:37:31 PM
On 2015-06-12 18:37:31 +0000, Walter Myer said:

> On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 9:49:16 AM UTC-4, Nashton wrote:
>> http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/06/08/apple_wwdc_2015_music_news_and_other_things_apple_thinks_it_invented.html
>>

> And that was all they ever did, from the very beginning, when they
> stole from Xerox.

Ummm...

No.

From that very source:

"After so much innovation, it’s no wonder Apple felt the need to take a
little time to step back"

0
Alan
6/12/2015 8:09:27 PM
On 2015-06-12 3:37 PM, Walter Myer wrote:
> On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 9:49:16 AM UTC-4, Nashton wrote:
>> http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/06/08/apple_wwdc_2015_music_news_and_other_things_apple_thinks_it_invented.html
>
> And that was all they ever did, from the very beginning, when they stole from Xerox.

I can imagine it's even getting tiresome for their fans.
0
Nashton

Copy-in/Copy-out
I'm trying to understand Fortran's Copy-in/Copy-out of arrays, so I wrote the small program below. I don't have a current copy of the standard or Adams, et. al, but I do have Metcalf and Reid. I've read 5.7.3 many times. As I understand it, the calls to SubTarget without the vector index are the only ones guaranteed not to create a copy. This seems like a huge black hole. What is particularly disconcerting are all the calls to SubNormal that generate a copy even when the array is stored in contiguous memory, e.g. pointer or assumed shape actual argument. Most programmers w...

is dict.copy() a deep copy or a shallow copy
Entering the following in the Python shell yields >>> help(dict.copy) Help on method_descriptor: copy(...) D.copy() -> a shallow copy of D >>> Ok, I thought a dictionary copy is a shallow copy. Not knowing exactly what that meant I went to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_copy where I could read "...a deep copy is copy that contains the complete encapsulated data of the original object, allowing it to be used independently of the original object. In contrast, a shallow copy is a copy that may be associated to data shared by the original and the copy" G...

what is Deep Copy, shallow copy and bitwises copy.?
what is Deep Copy, Shallow copy and Bitwise copy, Memberwise copy? and what is the difference between them? pls help vaibhav saxenavaibhav17@gmail.com wrote: > what is Deep Copy, Shallow copy and Bitwise copy, Memberwise copy? > and what is the difference between them? What is a homework question? See this FAQ: http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2 Surely google can help you. Cheers! --M On 30 Aug 2006 06:06:40 -0700, "mlimber" <mlimber@gmail.com> wrote: >saxenavaibhav17@gmail.com wrote: >> what is Deep Copy, Shallow copy and Bitwis...

COPY, \copy with defaults
I guess this is a feature request since I can't figure out a way to do it directly in postgresql (plus COPY/\copy isn't in SQL specs). Often when I import data I need to assign foreign key id's, timestamps, etc. How about a syntax something like: \copy tablename (col1, col2, col3, fkid=8, ts1='2004-8-8') from 'data.csv' or maybe add a defaults clause after "with": \copy tablename (col1, col2, col3) from 'data.csv' with defaults (fkid=8,ts1='2004-8-8') Or if anybody knows of a better/existing way please feel free. :) CS...

shadow copy and deep copy
SGVsbG8sCgp4PVsxLDIsM10KeT14LmR1cAoKdGhpcyBpcyBhIHNoYWRvdyBjb3B5LCBJIGtub3cg dGhlIHRoZW9yeSBiZWhpbmQgaXQuCgp6PXgKCmlzIHRoaXMgYSBkZWVwIGNvcHk/ICh6IGlzIHRo ZSBkZWVwIGNvcHkgb2YgeD8pCgpUaGFua3MK Eva wrote in post #960269: > Hello, > > x=[1,2,3] > y=x.dup > > this is a shadow copy, I know the theory behind it. > > z=x > > is this a deep copy? (z is the deep copy of x?) > > Thanks I don't think it's deep copy. irb(main):010:0> print z.__id__ 137429210=> nil irb(main):011:0> print x.__id__ 137429210=> nil irb(main):01...

deep copy or shallow copy?
Hi all, lets assume that I have a structure defined as struct A { float arr[100]; } A a1; A a2; // Initialize a1, a2. memcpy(&a1,&a2,sizeof(A)); is it a deep copy or still shallow copy? Also how about a2 = a1; is it a deep copy or shallow copy from a1 to a2? Thank you. On 6/24/2014 1:53 PM, mbalover2014@gmail.com wrote: > lets assume that I have a structure defined as > > struct A > { > float arr[100]; > } > > > A a1; > A a2; > > // Initialize a1, a2. Just a nit-pick. You can't *initialize* after ...

Would copying the memories be copying the person?
I just saw the creepy reincarnation movie Birth where a kid claims to have been the spouse in a former life. The kid may have had the memories, but didnt have the body or personality. Could it have been the former person? Would you renew a relationship with such a person. Not that this is unknown in computers and science fiction. Dune explored several aspects of human memory preservation. Poul Anderson and a half-dozen Star Trek episodes were about downloading personalities into androids or machine memories. rick303@hotmail.com (rick++) wrote in message news:<f7422d8e.0411150716.20ac0cd...

copy files with x copy
I'm trying to both copy a file and change its name using a macro variable %let date = now(); x copy c:/oldlocation/name d:/newlocation/name&date; what I get is a file with the name and &date "name&date" in the new location what am I doing wrong? I'm not aware of a "now" function. Did you want something like this? data _null_; call symput('date',put(today(),yymmdd6.)); run; x copy Test.txt test&date; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] ...

Multiple copies in the clipboard when copying
Hi wxWidgets enthusiasts ! I am developping a terminal for gnuplot (famous 2D-3D data plotting program) with wxWidgets (and by the way the real graphic part is done by cairo and pango). I have an issue with the clipboard. I have a toolbar icon which triggers a simple method to set the plot bitmap in the clipboard. It works, but it works too well ! Indeed, when controlling what the clipboard contains via Klipper under KDE, I can see that I receive in fact many copies of the same bitmap, two at the first time I open Klipper, and this number increases as I open Klipper (4 four when I...

HELP: Copying DVD'S with copy guard to my drive (MAC)
Greetings all I am new to MAC, Finally came to my senses. I am presently trying to figure out how to copy some of my dvd's with copy protection on it to my drive so I can make dvd-r copies. I don't want to use the back up copy software thats out there that puts the warning on the front of the video. Anyway if anyone knows of a program that rips dvd's clean to your drive and copies to dvd-r that would be a great help. By the way I am using a G4 1.42 with gig of ram, super drive. OS X. Thanks in advance for any help. Shawn rocknrollvideo@yahoo.com ...

File::Copy::copy With File Handles
The documentation for File::Copy warns against using file handles as arguments: Note that passing in files as handles instead of names may lead to loss of information on some operating systems; it is recommended that you use file names whenever possible. Does this refer to handles created with the older FileHandle module (which is used in the module's synopsis), IO::Handle subclasses, or both? In either case what's the issue with handles that may lead to data loss? Quoth MaggotChild <hsomob1999@yahoo.com>: > The documentation for File::Copy warns agai...

COPY, \copy, and ""
Using COPY, it chokes on " ", but \copy doesn't. __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/ ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives? http://archives.postgresql.org ...

Re: copy files with x copy
I'm not aware of a "now" function. Did you want something like this? data _null_; call symput('date',put(today(),yymmdd6.)); run; x copy Test.txt test&date; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of William Kossack Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 12:13 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: copy files with x copy I'm trying to both copy a file and change its name using a macro variable %let date = now(); x copy c:/oldlocation/name d:/newlocation/name&d...

using find and copy to copy directories
Hi, I am trying to copy some specific directories over to another directory, using the find and cpio or copy commands. I am working in a directory that is two directories above the directories that I need to copy (I have to copy multiple directories within different directories). Each dir structure looks like this: data(my working directory) | dir1 | dir2 | RAWdirectory(and contents)that-I-need-to-copy I tried doing this: find . -name '*RAW' -depth -print | cpio -pdumv target_dir/ and I also tried this: find ././* -name '*RAW*' -depth -print ...

Web resources about - Copy, copy, copy... - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Wikipedia:WikiProject Guild of Copy Editors/Backlog elimination drives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
... board categories during the drive, editing 202 articles for 132,056 words. Eight of these articles were of 5,000 words or more. The Copy Editing ...

Download Your Free Copy Of ATL’s In-House Compensation Report
A free report detailing the findings of ATL's survey of in-house salaries and bonuses.

Samsung working to copy iPhone 6s Live Photos feature for next Galaxy S7
Samsung hopes to maintain its "lead by following" style of innovation for this year's Galaxy S7 launch by copying the Live Photos feature Apple ...

Price Drop: Ctrl+C : Easily record your copy
Ctrl+C : Easily record your copy 1.06 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 1.06 ( iTunes ) Description: Now IAP ...

Warner Bros. sues “HD Fury” over boxes that can copy 4k video
... after the lawsuit was filed. There are several devices sold under the "HD Fury" brand. But lawyers working for Warner Bros. and Digital Copy ...

WSJ reveals Galaxy S7 release timing, says Samsung will copy iPhone 6s’ best new feature
... add some great new features to next year's flagship Galaxy phone — and as you might have guessed, one of them will reportedly be a carbon copy ...

A Virginia school district shut down today after parents raged about an assignment to copy the Muslim ...
The school seemed to be trying to teach about Islam, and the copying was presented as an exercise in "the artistic complexity of calligraphy," ...

Win A Signed Copy Of Dan Levitin's Newest Book, The Organized Mind
Have you read any of Dan Levitin's books? Most people who have heard of him know him for his groundbreaking first book, This Is Your Brain On ...

He's Not Exactly A Copy Cat But He Does Mimic His Human's Face
Submitted by: (via kyoot animals ) Tagged: dogs , copycat , copy , Video Share on Facebook