Developers Developers Developers

Does Microsoft even have an AppStore?

http://client.marketplace.windowsmobile.com/

guess not

pocketgear has one but it supports like a 1000 devices. No way a
developer can target a 1000 devices without having the app be crap.

Funny seeing the boot on the other foot here. Hasn't been this way for
Apple since ca 1988, when the Mac II had peak developer mindshare and
DOS/Wintel truly, truly sucked.
0
Mr

Developers (developers, developers, ...)
Hello, I've been writing some sort of renderer in my spare time for the last year or so. It's far from being RenderMan compliant, but that's the general goal ( http://kazzuya.com/ribtools ). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to off-line rendering. And it's been a quite a challenge to get this far 8) I don't see much activity around here, but I suspect that the old- schoolers are probably still checking the group. So, I'll try to ask: ...is there a currently more active and developer-inclined discussion forum ? I surely could use some hints 8) ...

Developers! Developers! Developers!
If only we had Steve Balmer to drum up more excitment for IIGS development…wouldn’t that be awesome?!?Maybe not… So you’ll just have to put up with me waving the rainbow coloured Apple flag and trying to get more people interested in coding some games for the IIGS. http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/for-home-brew-just-add-hops-skips-jumps-blood-sweat-tears I know it’s a big ask…but I know I’d regret it if I didn’t try in my limited capacity and skills. - Alex -- http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/ Here's my opinion on it, and I'll keep it short: look at the 8-bit Apple: we've got free documentation (either PDF, or the zillions of physical ref mans out there) plus free compilers. Now look at the IIgs: there is some technical documentation out there (how many GS technical manuals do I own: zero), but you still have to buy most of it. You need a bookshelf just to use the toolbox and everything else properly. Most of the compilers and other tools are still commercial. -- ]DF$ Mac GUI Vault - A source for retro Apple II and Macintosh computing. http://macgui.com/vault/ Hi Alex, You might add GSoft BASIC to the list of languages. It's now available as a free download from www.byteworks.us. Mike Westerfield On Oct 17, 2:56=A0pm, dog_...@macgui.com (D Finnigan) wrote: > You need a bookshelf just to > use the toolbox and everything else properly. Most of the compilers and > other tools are still c...

Developers (developers, developers, ...)
Hello, I've been writing some sort of renderer in my spare time for the last year or so. It's far from being RenderMan compliant, but that's the general goal ( http://kazzuya.com/ribtools ). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to off-line rendering. And it's been a quite a challenge to get this far 8) I don't see much activity around here, but I suspect that the old- schoolers are probably still checking the group. So, I'll try to ask: ...is there a currently more active and developer-inclined discussion forum ? I surely could use some hints 8) ...

[News] Ian Murdock: Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers
Debian's Ian Speaks: Gaining Developer Mindshare Is Key ,----[ Quote ] | "Sun's Linux strategy is not well articulated. People who ask why I'm | at Sun say, 'I thought Sun was anti-Linux.' That's not true at all. | Solaris is the operating system of choice, no doubt at all, but there | is a certain part of the market that wants Linux. Why argue with that? | We can do a better job of articulating the Solaris strategy," Sun's | Ian Murdock said. `---- http://www.technewsworld.com/story/56996.html Related: Sun likes what it sees in the new GPL ,----[ Qu...

Microsoft loves Developers Developers Developers
OK, Microsoft offers a free toolkit, Visual Studio Express. OK, so people start tinkering with it. Then one of the brighter of these tinkerers comes up with a very useful extension to this toolkit, and offers it to anyone interested - for free, at that. Now, did Microsoft say "thank you"? Or did Microsoft even make him a nice offer to incorporate this popular extension into their next version of VSE? Or did they simply try to steal it off him? Um, not exactly: http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39287310,00.htm?r=1 These people sure know how to shoot themselves in the fo...

[News] Firefox is All About Developers, Developers, Developers (Extensions)

[News] Linux Wins Because of Applications (Developers, Developers, Developers Come to Linux)
Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications ,----[ Quote ] | Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the | credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth? | | Applications. `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1 ,----[ Quote ] | No App Scarcity | | The growth of open source applications in the business workplace, at least to | some degree, is the result of a large inventory of program choices. There is | no s...

US-NY: Brooklyn-Flash Developer, Actionscript Developer, Front End Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Flash Developer, Actionscript Developer, Front End Developer Job Location: NY: Brooklyn Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-06 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ema...

[developement in general]Prestige of developers
Are developers merely being regarded as �code monkeys� in the general population? Well, I just read this: �Those who came up with more good ideas on Torrance's tasks grew up to be entrepreneurs, inventors, college presidents, authors, doctors, diplomats, and software developers.� http://www.newsweek.com/2010/07/10/the-creativity-crisis.html It seems to put developers in quite a prestigious company, while there seems not be a reason for any pro-developer bias, because it was not written with the intention to evaluate the prestige of software development, but a whole other question in mind. Stefan Ram wrote: > It seems to put developers in quite a prestigious company, > while there seems not be a reason for any pro-developer > bias, because it was not written with the intention to > evaluate the prestige of software development, but a whole > other question in mind. Well, I have a high opinion of at least one developer, so I rest secure in the knowledge that at least one respectable developer has a high opinion of me. -- Lew Stefan Ram wrote: > Are developers merely being regarded as �code monkeys� in the > general population? Well, I just read this: > > �Those who came up with more good ideas on Torrance's > tasks grew up to be entrepreneurs, inventors, college > presidents, authors, doctors, diplomats, and software ...

Developer Connection
eCo Software is the largest developer of software and drivers on eComStation market today, we are obligated to share our experience with other developers Welcome to Warpstock Europe 2008 -> DEV03 -- Developer Connection http://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html Please use new Message box, Progress bar to improve the usability of modern eComStation applications. (Inform us if you are planning to use this controls) http://ecomstation.ru/projects/developer/?action=new-control-elements DevCon site is updated -- http://ecomstation.ru/developer eCo Software engineers have collec...

Development boards for CPU development ?
I have a hobby project which consists of developing a complete computer system from the ground up. With complete I mean that it should have character display capabilities, keyboard input capabilities and mass storage capabilities. Graphics and networking might come in the future, but I feel that adding these is probably more a team effort than a single person effort, and I need time first to implement what should be a reasonable system stack. This is what I mean with from the ground up : a system stack consisting of an ISA, a simulator for the ISA and processor architecture, basic display and...

Developer Connection
eCo Software is the largest developer of software and drivers on eComStation market today, we are obligated to share our experience with other developers Welcome to Warpstock Europe 2008 -> DEV03 -- Developer Connection http://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html Please use new Message box, Progress bar to improve the usability of modern eComStation applications. (Inform us if you are planning to use this controls) http://ecomstation.ru/projects/developer/?action=new-control-elements DevCon site is updated -- http://ecomstation.ru/developer eCo Software engin...

develop
How can I config Microsoft's visual studio.net 2003 to use matlab's C++ math lib. ...

US-CA: Pacific Grove-Senior GIS Developer - Senior Java Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Senior GIS Developer - Senior Java Developer - GIS Developer Job Location: CA: Pacific Grove Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-06 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

[News] Development Report from KDE4 Developers
KDE Digest Issue 136 [Only Just Released] ,----[ Quote ] | Merge of the KMail Summer of Code project (including a | reworked folder tree and a new message list) to trunk (in | time for KDE 4.2). The alternative "QuickSand" interface is | integrated into KRunner. Option to enable image support in | Klipper, with the start of efforts to convert the utility | to KConfigXT. Phonon intuitively responds to removal of | internal (non-hotpluggable) sound devices. First version of | scripted services for browsing content from BBC (with basic | search ability) and NPR, and beginnings of a Son...

Java Developer
Title: Java Developer - Web Services Developer Skills: Java, web development, web services, Java developer, development, database, RDBMS, SQL, Unix, C++, C#, Python, design, code, server side, application Trinity Consultancy Services is seeking applications from qualified and experienced software engineers with above skills for various requirements with their Clients. Job description: Java Developer =B7 The Java Developer for our client, a leader in educational assessment, reporting, and professional development, will be deeply involved in building out our platform in the core technologies ...

Java Architects / Sr. developers / Developers
We are a UK-based software firm, setting up our operations in Bangalore, India as a 100% EOU under STPI. We require persons with knowledge of front-end Java architecture - Swing, Eclipse, Ant, JUnit etc... Java Architects - 5+ years exp: The role is of leadership, to guide a team of developers. Good communication, Leadership skills, work with 2 - 4 teams on different projects, UK travel may be needed. Work location: Bangalore. Sr.Dev: 3+ years exp / Dev: 1.5+ years exp. Front-end Java Developers preferred. Mail to smanojs@yahoo.com smanojs@yahoo.com wrote: > We are a UK-based software firm, setting up our operations in > Bangalore, India as a 100% EOU under STPI. We require persons with > knowledge of front-end Java architecture - Swing, Eclipse, Ant, JUnit > etc... > > Java Architects - 5+ years exp: > The role is of leadership, to guide a team of developers. Good > communication, Leadership skills, work with 2 - 4 teams on different > projects, UK travel may be needed. Work location: Bangalore. > > Sr.Dev: 3+ years exp / Dev: 1.5+ years exp. Front-end Java Developers > preferred. Mail to smanojs@yahoo.com > Looking for cheap labor? ...

PHP developer for ecommerce engine development
Hi all, I am looking for a developer to help with a current project. I know zip about PHP but I know what I like... I am in Christchurch NZ and need help ASAP donald.harman@gmail.com ...

.NET software developer and SQL Developer
Our client in New Jersey, United States, requires several .NET software developers and several SQL developers for permanent and contract positions (for approx 6 months). Please contact me for further information on 0044 870 720 1074 or by email at ben.james@cubicegg.com Kind regards, Ben James http://www.cubicegg.com ...

Berkeley DB Blog from developers to developers
This is a new Berkeley DB Blog from developers to developers. Berkeley DB Tech Space is a common platform for Berekeley DB Developers where they can find latest information on Berkeley DB, read about Berkeley DB tools and techniques through the blog, and discuss problems and issues related to installation or development through the forum. This space is sponsored by Dextrus Prosoft, Inc. Dextrus Prosoft is a consulting partner of Sleepycat Software (makers of Berkeley DB). Dextrus Prosoft has years of experience in providing solutions and consulting on Berekeley DB. http://bdb.dext...

Access Developer Evolution to Web Development
I am adeveloper with many years experience on mainframes and most recently on PCs where I often use Access. I really like Access for windows development for its ease of use and lots of extensibility such as with events and VBA code so that I can usually figure out how to do anything I want. I like others occasionally have the need to do web development. I have done some but it is not a comfortable environment. Also I have not found any web IDE that comes anywhere close to providing what Access does. I am aware of Access-Sharepoint and so far feel the key advantage lies not in web a...

Development tool for embedded Linux development
Hi, I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the human useable inteface on the linux box. Well, this is getting tedious with editing in simple test editors, compilation here and there, reloading the DDD, starting it and so on, I wonder if there are more integrated tools that will do this. Basically I just want to debug directly from the editor without having to go throught the entire process everytime. I am actually considering to go for something like QNX, but that's not Linux and ...

Development Processes of the Consummate SAS Developer
Hi guys, I would like to get some feedback about coding and development best practices. I have been using SAS professionally for several years. I have tons of books on the subject. Most are syntax related with a one exception, Paul Gill's, "The Next Step" (now out of print?). I would like to get a better view of tips and best practices from others in the SAS user community. Basically, I would like to collect information to the effect of: "Common practices and attributes of the consummate SAS developer?". I am less interested in syntax, and more interested in process. I...

Hire a PHP Developer,Web Developer
Hireaphpdeveloper is the leading web development company providing complete online web portal, software and application solutions. We have an experienced team who understands the technicalitiesinvolved in the process of Website Portal Development and give customized product to fit to yourspecific requirements. Looking for a php web developer to develop your website? Hire website developer from India at $6 per hour only. You can Hire a PHP Developer, Dedicated PHP Programmers, from us according to your needs. http://www.hireaphpdeveloper.com...

Web resources about - Developers Developers Developers - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Video game developer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A video game developer is a software developer (a business or an individual) that creates video games . A developer may specialize in a certain ...

Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 5 for developers + public beta testers with restored Apple Pencil features ...
Just nine days after the last developer beta, Apple has released iOS 9.3 beta 5 to registered developers and pubic beta users for testing. This ...

Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 5 to registered developers, public testers
Apple has just released a new beta version of iOS 9.3 to registered developers and public testers. The fifth beta version is available to download ...

New query tool makes life easier for .NET developers
... of in-memory data grid products, including ScaleOut StateServer and ScaleOut ComputeServer, computational query makes it easy for .NET developers ...

Failed tech unicorn Powa Technologies fired key developers on New Year's Eve
... Insider as an example of how bad employee turnover was. Powa employed 311 staff when it went into administration. An estimated 15 developers ...

Key developers at bust Powa Technologies were fired on New Year's Eve
... Insider as an example of how bad employee turnover was. Powa employed 311 staff when it went into administration. An estimated 15 developers ...

HoloLens developer edition features Skype, games, HoloStudio builder
Even though preorders officially launched this morning, developers still need an invitation from Microsoft (and a few thousand dollars) to place ...

Developers, get started coding for tvOS [Deals]
With millions of people using tvOS, it’s earned its bona fides as a major platform. Whether you’re an experienced developer looking for new territory ...

Unreal developer blasts Microsoft, claims company wants to monopolize game development
One of gaming's most well-known developers, Tim Sweeney, has come out swinging against the Windows Store. Microsoft's new Universal Windows Platform ...