Does Acer have Apple envy?

 From Electronista:

http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo

Curse and discuss.

Does Acer have Apple envy?
Updated 07:55 pm EDT, Tue September 21, 2010

Editorial: Acer next in line of Apple imitators

Acer is well on its way to becoming the world�s largest PC manufacturer.
And it has done that by capitalizing on the success of Windows. But now
the company is taking aim at Apple, and it's becoming evident that it's
the latest victim of a bipolar behavior in the tech industry whenever
Apple is a competitor.

Earlier this month, Acer veteran Stan Shih said that Apple�s products
are �mutant viruses� that, over time, will be overcome by competition
that �evolves naturally� and outlasts the threat Apple�s products pose.
He pointed to the success of Windows to prove his point. He also
believed that Android will follow a Windows-like pattern and take out iOS.

Perhaps that�s why Acer seems ready to invest some of its cash into
Google�s mobile platform. Recent reports suggest the PC maker will be
offering three tablets at the beginning of next year to compete with
Apple�s iPad. If true, they will all be powered by Android 3.0 when it�s
made available. So far, Acer has been tight-lipped on the release of the
products other than one model, and reports are merely rumors at this
point. But it�s becoming clearer that the company will be delivering
tablets sooner rather than later. And when that happens, Acer fully
expects to compete with Apple�s iPad.

But at this point, Acer isn�t competing in the tablet space -- at all.
And one could argue that it�s hardly a direct competitor to Apple in any
market, including the PC space where it�s far more focused on beating HP
than anything else. That means focusing on cheap computers and tight
profit margins. That's seemingly at odds with challenging a company that
prides itself on high-quality (and thus expensive) products where market
share is an incidental worry.

And yet, Acer seems to have Apple envy. That Shih calls the company�s
products mutant viruses seems to prove that point quite handily; it's
afraid of something that grows faster than its own work.

Of course, Apple envy isn�t anything new in the tech space. Microsoft
has been bashing Apple�s Mac OS X for years even at the same time as it
was taking notes: Windows Vista was altered to match Tiger's looks, and
the Windows 7 taskbar's hybrid shortcuts and status icons were borrowed
from the Mac OS X Dock. Companies like Dell and HP have repeatedly
claimed to be going their own ways with design, but systems like the
Adamo XPS and Envy series were meant to snatch MacBook Air and MacBook
Pro buyers, sometimes with uncannily similar looks. And the mobile space
is littered with complaints from competitors that attempt to denigrate
Apple�s iPhone and iPad even as they're releasing similar products of
their own.

Acer is simply joining a long list.

But it�s a sizable (and important) addition to that list. After all,
Acer is a major player in the industry. And when it sees Apple�s tablet,
which is still in its infancy, as a threat tells us everything we need
to know about Acer�s mindset -- and where it plans to go next with its
corporate strategy.

Like so many other companies, Acer's real issue isn't that Apple is
somehow out of control, it just doesn�t like that Apple has
unprecedented hype for its products. The company also can�t stand that
Apple is doing so well on so-called �viruses.� Plus, there's even a hint
of personal jealousy: executives at these firms hate that Steve Jobs
gets the attention and respect that he does while their management,
however successful, isn't daring enough to get noticed. It�s a recipe
for severe distaste.

There must be something about Apple. After all, what other company in
the space can annoy competitors in one breath yet get them to tag along
with another?

By Don Reisinger

0
Chance
9/23/2010 4:56:58 PM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 34033 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 23, 12:56=A0pm, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcuty.com> wrote:
> =A0From Electronista:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo
>
> Curse and discuss.
> There must be something about Apple. After all, what other company in
> the space can annoy competitors in one breath yet get them to tag along
> with another?
>
> By Don Reisinger

It is interesting to watch the 'disruptive technology' of Apple at
work.   In Windows 7 based tablet news, there's reportedly a Youtube
video making the rounds ... probably a trial balloon? ... of an HP
tablet.

Haven't seen it myself yet, but one comment I've read on it stated
that the HP Win7 tablet took 32 seconds to boot up.   Probably worth
mentioning for Steve deMena's benefit :-)

-hh
0
hh
9/23/2010 5:10:05 PM

"-hh" <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 23, 12:56 pm, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcuty.com> wrote:
>>  From Electronista:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo
>>
>> Curse and discuss.
>> There must be something about Apple. After all, what other company in
>> the space can annoy competitors in one breath yet get them to tag along
>> with another?
>>
>> By Don Reisinger
>
> It is interesting to watch the 'disruptive technology' of Apple at
> work.   In Windows 7 based tablet news, there's reportedly a Youtube
> video making the rounds ... probably a trial balloon? ... of an HP
> tablet.
>
> Haven't seen it myself yet, but one comment I've read on it stated
> that the HP Win7 tablet took 32 seconds to boot up.   Probably worth
> mentioning for Steve deMena's benefit :-)

So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
(supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?

0
Redjak
9/23/2010 6:54:55 PM
On Sep 23, 2:54=A0pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

> > On Sep 23, 12:56 pm, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcuty.com> wrote:
> >> =A0From Electronista:
>
> >>http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo
>
> >> Curse and discuss.
> >> There must be something about Apple. After all, what other company in
> >> the space can annoy competitors in one breath yet get them to tag alon=
> >> with another?
>
> >> By Don Reisinger
>
> > It is interesting to watch the 'disruptive technology' of Apple at
> > work. =A0 In Windows 7 based tablet news, there's reportedly a Youtube
> > video making the rounds ... probably a trial balloon? ... of an HP
> > tablet.
>
> > Haven't seen it myself yet, but one comment I've read on it stated
> > that the HP Win7 tablet took 32 seconds to boot up. =A0 Probably worth
> > mentioning for Steve deMena's benefit :-)
>
> So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
> (supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?

So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
last decade?
0
KDT
9/23/2010 8:27:19 PM
On Sep 23, 4:27=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2:54=A0pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

..

> > > It is interesting to watch the 'disruptive technology' of Apple at
> > > work. =A0 In Windows 7 based tablet news, there's reportedly a Youtub=
> > > video making the rounds ... probably a trial balloon? ... of an HP
> > > tablet.
>
> > > Haven't seen it myself yet, but one comment I've read on it stated
> > > that the HP Win7 tablet took 32 seconds to boot up. =A0 Probably wort=
> > > mentioning for Steve deMena's benefit :-)
>
> > So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
> > (supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?
>
> So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
> last decade?

Does it puzzle you why OX X has been a failure since it's release.
Windows has a larger market share of tablets than OS X has on all
hardware combined. LOL
0
MuahMan
9/23/2010 8:40:39 PM

"KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 23, 2:54 pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

>> > It is interesting to watch the 'disruptive technology' of Apple at
>> > work.   In Windows 7 based tablet news, there's reportedly a Youtube
>> > video making the rounds ... probably a trial balloon? ... of an HP
>> > tablet.
>>
>> > Haven't seen it myself yet, but one comment I've read on it stated
>> > that the HP Win7 tablet took 32 seconds to boot up.   Probably worth
>> > mentioning for Steve deMena's benefit :-)
>>
>> So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
>> (supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?
>
> So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
> last decade?

Like the Newton?

0
Redjak
9/23/2010 9:27:56 PM
MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
> > > (supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?

Given how bloaty Windows is, its not a huge surprise ... but as KDT
alludes to:

> > So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for
> > the last decade?

Yes, assuming that a particular product must use a "full blown" OS is
a logical fallacy.    A device should be optimized for what its use is
to be, although with perspective tempering on NRE factors.  As such,
the consumer doesn't really need to care if the OS is Flavor "X" or
Flavor "Y":  the question is how well does it do the job assigned to
it, in terms of how that leads to customer satisfaction.

This is in a nutshell the basic reason why Windows tablets have failed
to gain any traction in the marketplace, despite a decade's worth of
their throwing Windows sphagetti against the wall in hopes that some
will stick:  simply put, its the wrong product.

> Does it puzzle you why OX X has been a failure since it's release.
> Windows has a larger market share of tablets than OS X has on all
> hardware combined. LOL

Considering that Apple has never sold any OS X tablet, it is hardly
surprising that Windows has a larger tablet marketshare.   However,
that's once again an example of a failure in comprehension by Dear Old
MuahBoy:  the correct approach is to consider the product that Apple
_has_ entered the tablet marketplace with, which is the iOS based iPad
(although some will also suggest that this space also includes the
iPod touch, too), and how that compares.

While Apple has been mum as of late on iPad sales figures, we do know
that it was reported to be 3.27M as of 21 July (since its April
launch).   In comparison, on 4 Oct 2009, the New York Times reported:

"Tablets running Windows sell only a few hundred thousand units a
year, mostly in business fields like health care and financial
services."
    cite:  <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/technology/
05tablet.html>

YMMV as to how many a "few hundred thousand" is precisely, but it does
suggest being under a half million, so at a value of 300K, then Apple
has already matched the last decade's worth of Windows tablet sales
within roughly its first 100 days of sales, which suggests a relative
sales performace ratio of ~30:1 in Apple's favor: "LOL" indeed.

-hh
0
hh
9/23/2010 9:42:45 PM
On Sep 23, 5:27=A0pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "KDT" <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Sep 23, 2:54 pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

> >> So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
> >> (supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?
>
> > So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
> > last decade?
>
> Like the Newton?

Like worse than the Zune :-)

-hh

0
hh
9/23/2010 9:43:44 PM
On Sep 23, 4:40=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 4:27=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 23, 2:54=A0pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

> > > So it puzzles you why a tablet with a full blown OS takes longer
> > > (supposedly) to boot up cold than a tablet with a phone OS?
>
> > So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
> > last decade?
>
> Does it puzzle you why OX X has been a failure since it's release.
> Windows has a larger market share of tablets than OS X has on all
> hardware combined. LOL

So in that case, there would have had to have been about 12 million
Windows tablets shipping last year.  If that's the case, who sold
them?
0
KDT
9/23/2010 9:49:56 PM
On 9/23/10 3:40 PM, MuahMan wrote:

> Does it puzzle you why OS X has been a failure since its release?
> Windows has a larger market share of tablets than OS X has on all
> hardware combined.

I corrected your grammar.
0
Nigel
9/23/2010 10:34:06 PM
On 9/23/10 4:27 PM, Redjak wrote:

> "KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
>> last decade?
>
> Like the Newton?

What about the Newton? Looks like you admit that Windoze tablets have
failed big time.
0
Chance
9/23/2010 10:36:01 PM

> On Sep 23, 5:27 pm, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "KDT" <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
>> > last decade?
>>
>> Like the Newton?
>
> Like worse than the Zune :-)

The Zune is not a tablet.

0
Redjak
9/23/2010 10:47:03 PM

"Chance Furlong" <T-Bone@megakatcuty.com> wrote in message
> On 9/23/10 4:27 PM, Redjak wrote:
>
>> "KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> So does it puzzle you why Windows tablets have been a failure for the
>>> last decade?
>>
>> Like the Newton?
>
> What about the Newton? Looks like you admit that Windoze tablets have
> failed big time.

I wouldn't say that.  They just haven't sold that many.  But this is a new
year, and the iPad has redefined the tablet form.  But it's only been out
for a few months.  Lots of competition coming,  just like with the iPhone.

0
Redjak
9/23/2010 10:50:00 PM
"Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
>
> > Like worse than the Zune :-)
>
> The Zune is not a tablet.

Nor was the Newton (it was a PDA), yet that didn't stop you from
trying to draw it into the discussion.

-hh
0
hh
9/24/2010 2:41:38 PM
> "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Like worse than the Zune :-)
>>
>> The Zune is not a tablet.
>
> Nor was the Newton (it was a PDA), yet that didn't stop you from
> trying to draw it into the discussion.

The Newton was much closer to a tablet that the Zune could ever be. Your
desperation is showing.

0
Redhart
9/24/2010 6:04:24 PM
On Sep 24, 2:04=A0pm, "Redhart" <Hartle...@verizon.com> wrote:
> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

> >> The Zune is not a tablet.
>
> > Nor was the Newton (it was a PDA), yet that didn't stop you from
> > trying to draw it into the discussion.
>
> The Newton was much closer to a tablet that the Zune could ever be. Your
> desperation is showing.

Sorry, but you're still wrong: the "Tablet" was actually the Message
Pad series, circa 1993-97.

-hh
0
hh
9/24/2010 8:06:53 PM
On Sep 23, 9:56=A0am, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcuty.com> wrote:
> =A0From Electronista:
> http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo
>
> Curse and discuss.
>
> Does Acer have Apple envy?
> Updated 07:55 pm EDT, Tue September 21, 2010
>
> Editorial: Acer next in line of Apple imitators
> Earlier this month, Acer veteran Stan Shih said that Apple=92s products
> are =93mutant viruses=94 that, over time, will be overcome by competition
> that =93evolves naturally=94 and outlasts the threat Apple=92s products p=
ose.
> He pointed to the success of Windows to prove his point. He also
> believed that Android will follow a Windows-like pattern and take out iOS=
..
> And yet, Acer seems to have Apple envy. That Shih calls the company=92s
> products mutant viruses seems to prove that point quite handily; it's
> afraid of something that grows faster than its own work.

i don't see anything to indicate that they're afraid- they want to use
it to leverage their own strengths.  here's engadget's take:

'Wow, a mutant virus? This analogy may sound like a ringing bell for
another cat fight on the playground, but Acer founder and retired
chairman Stan Shih is actually semi-praising Apple  here. Speaking at
the launch of an Acer touch-themed design competition, Shih said that
while Apple's taking the "revolution" highway to tackle the PC market,
Acer's success has always depended on its time-consuming but more
pragmatic "evolution" strategy, and it'll keep doing so to lay the
ground for the next 30 years or so. '
0
ed
9/24/2010 11:12:24 PM

> On Sep 24, 2:04 pm, "Redhart" <Hartle...@verizon.com> wrote:
>> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

>> > Nor was the Newton (it was a PDA), yet that didn't stop you from
>> > trying to draw it into the discussion.
>>
>> The Newton was much closer to a tablet that the Zune could ever be. Your
>> desperation is showing.
>
> Sorry, but you're still wrong: the "Tablet" was actually the Message
> Pad series, circa 1993-97.

The Zune is not even remotely connected to a tablet.

0
Redjak
9/25/2010 1:30:20 PM
In article
<77c47409-f83a-4efc-a08b-ec00e2758903@c13g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
 ed <news@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

> On Sep 23, 9:56�am, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcuty.com> wrote:
> > �From Electronista:
> > http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo
> >
> > Curse and discuss.
> >
> > Does Acer have Apple envy?
> > Updated 07:55 pm EDT, Tue September 21, 2010
> >
> > Editorial: Acer next in line of Apple imitators
> > Earlier this month, Acer veteran Stan Shih said that Apple�s products
> > are �mutant viruses� that, over time, will be overcome by competition
> > that �evolves naturally� and outlasts the threat Apple�s products pose.
> > He pointed to the success of Windows to prove his point. He also
> > believed that Android will follow a Windows-like pattern and take out iOS.
> > And yet, Acer seems to have Apple envy. That Shih calls the company�s
> > products mutant viruses seems to prove that point quite handily; it's
> > afraid of something that grows faster than its own work.
>
> i don't see anything to indicate that they're afraid- they want to use
> it to leverage their own strengths.

Obviously they'd _like_ to leverage their strengths, but it's not clear
that their strengths (basically, building cheap commodity hardware
around other people's established platforms) are immediately relevant to
the tablet market. They pretty much have to wait around for some
competent OS vendor to build a plausible tablet system for them (Windows
7 and in-house Android hack jobs aren't going to cut it) and then hope
that the tablet market ends up like the PC market rather than, say, like
the music player market or the game console market.

Praying the winds blow back toward the the only waters you know how to
navigate is not exactly "leveraging your strengths".

[snip]

--
"The game of professional investment is intolerably boring and over-exacting to
anyone who is entirely exempt from the gambling instinct; whilst he who has it
On Sep 25, 9:30=A0am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

> > On Sep 24, 2:04 pm, "Redhart" <Hartle...@verizon.com> wrote:
> >> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

> >> The Newton was much closer to a tablet that the Zune could ever be. Yo=
ur
> >> desperation is showing.
>
> > Sorry, but you're still wrong: the "Tablet" was actually the Message
> > Pad series, circa 1993-97.
>
> The Zune is not even remotely connected to a tablet.

And nor is the Zune even remotely connected to being a success :-P

-hh
0
hh
9/25/2010 6:43:00 PM

> On Sep 25, 9:30 am, "Redjak" <redjack...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "-hh" <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com> wrote in message

>> > Sorry, but you're still wrong: the "Tablet" was actually the Message
>> > Pad series, circa 1993-97.
>>
>> The Zune is not even remotely connected to a tablet.
>
> And nor is the Zune even remotely connected to being a success :-P

Did I claim it was?  The Newton was not even remotely connected to being a
success either.

0
Redjak
9/25/2010 7:44:09 PM

"ZnU" <znu@fake.invalid> wrote in message
> In article
> <77c47409-f83a-4efc-a08b-ec00e2758903@c13g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
> ed <news@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 23, 9:56 am, Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcuty.com> wrote:
>> >  From Electronista:
>> > http://tinyurl.com/2em2tyo
>> >
>> > Curse and discuss.
>> >
>> > Does Acer have Apple envy?
>> > Updated 07:55 pm EDT, Tue September 21, 2010
>> >
>> > Editorial: Acer next in line of Apple imitators
>> > Earlier this month, Acer veteran Stan Shih said that Apple�s products
>> > are �mutant viruses� that, over time, will be overcome by competition
>> > that �evolves naturally� and outlasts the threat Apple�s products pose.
>> > He pointed to the success of Windows to prove his point. He also
>> > believed that Android will follow a Windows-like pattern and take out
>> > iOS.
>> > And yet, Acer seems to have Apple envy. That Shih calls the company�s
>> > products mutant viruses seems to prove that point quite handily; it's
>> > afraid of something that grows faster than its own work.
>>
>> i don't see anything to indicate that they're afraid- they want to use
>> it to leverage their own strengths.
>
> Obviously they'd _like_ to leverage their strengths, but it's not clear
> that their strengths (basically, building cheap commodity hardware
> around other people's established platforms) are immediately relevant to
> the tablet market. They pretty much have to wait around for some
> competent OS vendor to build a plausible tablet system for them (Windows
> 7 and in-house Android hack jobs aren't going to cut it) and then hope
> that the tablet market ends up like the PC market rather than, say, like
> the music player market or the game console market.
>
> Praying the winds blow back toward the the only waters you know how to
> navigate is not exactly "leveraging your strengths".

Sounds good.  Sounds like you're in a dead end job.

0
Redjak

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Another bit of Mac (actually Apple) advocacy.
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2008/pulpit_20080613_005065.html Comments? -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2008/pulpit_20080613_005065.html > > Comments? > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI Interesting. I thought it might give more Windows users a taste of "Mac stuff" (by using their iPhone and Windows together with MobileMe) and could prompt more switchers when they see what other things they could do if they had a Mac instead. I wondered if Apple would build Windows versions of all the .Mac...

Yet more Mac Advocacy: New Apple store in Boston
When it opens tomorrow, it is going to be the largest in the country... http://www.boston.com/business/technology/gallery/Bostons_new_Apple_store/ -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > When it opens tomorrow, it is going to be the largest in the > country... > > http://www.boston.com/business/technology/gallery/Bostons_new_Apple_store/ > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited about that, no matter how hard I try. When are you moving to Boston, Dave? Seems like a bad move to me. ** Posted from http://ww...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "In a battle between elephants, the ants get squashed." --Thailand /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/lin...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "I have to sit up with a sick ant." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE
Does anyone have a copy of Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE ? I obtained a copy from http://www.mythtech.net, but this version is Baton Mail v0.9.7.8b - which is for Apple Mac OS 7.6.1. I have downloaded the previous version, Same Result - Timebomb !! ...

Psystar Macs Better Than Apple Macs?
Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. http://store.psystar.com/review/product/list/id/106/category/39/ John In article <h88s9j$8gm$1@news.eternal-september.org>, John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net> wrote: > Some of these people seem to think so. They have the right > idea, a Mac that you can internally expand with hard drives and > expansion cards to add functionality like USB 3.0 when it comes out. ...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68aj...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P #2
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Web resources about - Does Acer have Apple envy? - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Apple
Apple designs and creates iPod and iTunes, Mac laptop and desktop computers, the OS X operating system, and the revolutionary iPhone and iPad. ...

Apple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the fruit. For the technology company, see Apple Inc. . For other uses, see Apple (disambiguation) . The apple is the pomaceous ...

Open Directory - Home: Cooking: Fruits and Vegetables: Apples
... - suggest URL - update listing - become an editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Fruits_and_Vegetables/Apples ...

Apple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the fruit. For the technology company, see Apple Inc. For other uses, see Apple (disambiguation) or Apple tree (disambiguation) ...

Apple - Facebook
Fundación 1 de abril de 1976 Apple Inc. es una empresa multinacional estadounidense con sede en...

Apple
Apple designs and creates iPod and iTunes, Mac laptop and desktop computers, the OS X operating system, and the revolutionary iPhone.

The Apple1980 - Imdb
Musical set in the 'future', e.g. 1994. A young couple enters the world of the music industry, but also the world of drugs.

Apple Store - iTunes
When you’re on the go, the Apple Store app is the best way to research, personalize, and buy products from Apple, and get help at the Apple Retail ...

Apple - CrunchBase
Started by Steve Jobs , Steve Wozniak , and Ronald Wayne, Apple has expanded from computers to consumer electronics over the last 30 years, officially ...

What is the reason for the rise of programmers using Apple machines?
Can you perhaps, site evidence of this rise? Otherwise, I think you might be begging the question.