Giving them away...

<http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>

"FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet

via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.

Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate"

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

On Sep 29, 2:33=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>
> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>
> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebte"

So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event. Is
that supposed to lessen it somehow?

0
Mayor
9/29/2011 10:21:06 PM
In article
<d954899c-3d70-4fbf-ad4c-a11cc1eb002b@u6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2:33�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
> >
> > "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
> >
> > via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> > refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
> > to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
> >
> > Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebte"
>
> So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event. Is
> that supposed to lessen it somehow?

You cannot perceive of a difference there?

LOL

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
9/29/2011 10:30:17 PM

"Mayor Of R'lyeh"  wrote in message

On Sep 29, 2:33 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>
> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also,
> enter
> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>
> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebte"

>So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event.
>Is
>that supposed to lessen it somehow?

Alan gets upset to see the consumer make out.  He can't afford to take
advantage of these deals -  he has "no money" issues.

0
Redjak
9/29/2011 11:28:41 PM
On Sep 29, 6:30=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <d954899c-3d70-4fbf-ad4c-a11cc1eb0...@u6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 29, 2:33 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_42949370=
87_>

> > > "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> > > via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> > > refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, ente=
> > > to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>
> > > Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebte"
>
> > So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event. Is
> > that supposed to lessen it somehow?
>
> You cannot perceive of a difference there?
>
> LOL
Apple used to give away iPod Touchs as part of their Back To School
promo every year. Does that say something negative about iPod Touchs?
This year Apple gave away $100 credit at the Mac App Store as part of
the same promo. Does that say something negative about the Mac App
Store?

0
Mayor
9/30/2011 1:33:04 AM
In article
<c2296469-b1b6-4f68-9371-614112e09cd7@k10g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 6:30�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <d954899c-3d70-4fbf-ad4c-a11cc1eb0...@u6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,
> > �"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event. Is
> > > that supposed to lessen it somehow?
> >
> > You cannot perceive of a difference there?
> >
> > LOL
> Apple used to give away iPod Touchs as part of their Back To School
> promo every year. Does that say something negative about iPod Touchs?

What were the ratios of price of the Touch to price of the computer?

> This year Apple gave away $100 credit at the Mac App Store as part of
> the same promo. Does that say something negative about the Mac App
> Store?

Same question.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
9/30/2011 1:35:52 AM
On Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:33:04 PM UTC-7, Mayor Of R&#39;lyeh wrote=
:
> On Sep 29, 6:30=A0pm, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <d954899c-3d70-4fbf...@u6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,
> > =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event. I=
> > > that supposed to lessen it somehow?
> >
> > You cannot perceive of a difference there?
> >
> > LOL
> Apple used to give away iPod Touchs as part of their Back To School
> promo every year. Does that say something negative about iPod Touchs?
> This year Apple gave away $100 credit at the Mac App Store as part of
> the same promo. Does that say something about the Mac App
> Store?

alan claims it meant the ipods weren't selling well and apple was using it =
to pump up market share.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d235171a1d?d=
mode=3Dsource
0
ed
9/30/2011 5:32:32 AM
On Sep 30, 1:32=A0am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:33:04 PM UTC-7, Mayor Of R&#39;lyeh wro=
te:
> > On Sep 29, 6:30=A0pm, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <d954899c-3d70-4fbf...@u6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com>,

 Is

> > > You cannot perceive of a difference there?
>
> > > LOL
> > Apple used to give away iPod Touchs as part of their Back To School
> > promo every year. Does that say something negative about iPod Touchs?
> > This year Apple gave away $100 credit at the Mac App Store as part of
> > the same promo. Does that say something about the Mac App
> > Store?
>
> alan claims it meant the ipods weren't selling well and apple was using i=
t to pump up market share.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advoc=
acy/msg/c07bc5d23517...

And that rushing sound you heard was Alan bolting for the tall
grass...er going to play hockey. 8)
0
Mayor
9/30/2011 6:09:56 AM
In article
<67d18ace-176f-4aae-8fe7-92b32e7afbf6@18g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 30, 1:32�am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:33:04 PM UTC-7, Mayor Of R&#39;lyeh
> > wrote:

> > > Apple used to give away iPod Touchs as part of their Back To School
> > > promo every year. Does that say something negative about iPod Touchs?
> > > This year Apple gave away $100 credit at the Mac App Store as part of
> > > the same promo. Does that say something about the Mac App
> > > Store?
> >
> > alan claims it meant the ipods weren't selling well and apple was using it
> > to pump up market
> > share.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517.
> > ..
>
> And that rushing sound you heard was Alan bolting for the tall
> grass...er going to play hockey. 8)

Sorry, broken link...

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517>

Doesn't go anywhere.

But again, what were the ratios? I notice you've gone to the tall grass
over that question, Clyde...

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
9/30/2011 6:13:27 AM
On 9/30/11 3:13 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

> Sorry, broken link...
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517>
>
> Doesn't go anywhere.
>
> But again, what were the ratios? I notice you've gone to the tall grass
> over that question, Clyde...

What ratios are you mumbling about, dufus?

Are you talking about the the percentage of the value of the product
bought vs the price of the product given away?

Can you explain exactly what you mean so that at least some people in
the English speaking world can understand your rants?

0
Nashton
9/30/2011 10:13:35 AM
On Sep 29, 9:33=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>
> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.

That sounds more like a technology makeover for your kitchen.
I though this shit is already embedded in samsung refrigerators by
now.
Or did samsung refrigerator division decide to go with the ipad
internals after all?
0
AD
9/30/2011 11:28:02 AM
On Sep 30, 2:13=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <67d18ace-176f-4aae-8fe7-92b32e7af...@18g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 30, 1:32 am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

> > > alan claims it meant the ipods weren't selling well and apple was usi=
ng it
> > > to pump up market
> > > share.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5=
d23517.
> > > ..
>
> > And that rushing sound you heard was Alan bolting for the tall
> > grass...er going to play hockey. 8)
>
> Sorry, broken link...
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517>
>
> Doesn't go anywhere.
>
> But again, what were the ratios? I notice you've gone to the tall grass
> over that question, Clyde...

What's Theo dusters weave of your desired ratio? Without it whatever
bullshit you're planning on spewing is even less meaningful than
usual.
And as you well know there is no set ratio. You got the same promo
item no matter if you got the base MacBook or a $32,000 maxxed out Mac
Pro.

0
Mayor
9/30/2011 12:10:47 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article
<67d18ace-176f-4aae-8fe7-92b32e7afbf6@18g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 30, 1:32 am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:33:04 PM UTC-7, Mayor Of
> > R&#39;lyeh
> > wrote:

> > > Apple used to give away iPod Touchs as part of their Back To
> > > School
> > > promo every year. Does that say something negative about iPod
> > > Touchs?
> > > This year Apple gave away $100 credit at the Mac App Store as
> > > part of
> > > the same promo. Does that say something about the Mac App
> > > Store?
> >
> > alan claims it meant the ipods weren't selling well and apple was
> > using it
> > to pump up market
> > share.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517.
> > ..
>
> And that rushing sound you heard was Alan bolting for the tall
> grass...er going to play hockey. 8)

>Sorry, broken link...

><http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517>

It worked on my machine.

>Doesn't go anywhere.

Like you?

>But again, what were the ratios? I notice you've gone to the tall
>grass
>over that question, Clyde...

Another failed role reversal.  The defense of Lusers.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very
carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD
Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix'
(Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for
the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not
included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on
Sun)

0
Redjak
9/30/2011 12:13:26 PM
On Sep 30, 8:10=A0am, "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2:13=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <67d18ace-176f-4aae-8fe7-92b32e7af...@18g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> > =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Also,

> > > And that rushing sound you heard was Alan bolting for the tall
> > > grass...er going to play hockey. 8)
>
> > Sorry, broken link...
>
> > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517

What a liar. Here let me repost the significant part...oh hell I'm
going to repost the whole thing lest you start whining that its out of
context:
"Message from discussion Now when and why do companies do things like
this?
View parsed - Show only message text
From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Now when and why do companies do things like this?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:47 -0700

In article
<e9264d45-bf3e-4275-
b68b-8b88c99d9...@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com
 ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

> On Monday, August 15, 2011 10:48:08 AM UTC-7, Alan Baker wrote:
> > In article <j2b4cd$7oc$2...@dont-email.me>, Flint <age...@section31.org=
>
> > wrote:

> > > Sounds like a double win strategy to me, and would have been my first
> > > guess.
> >
> > Riiiiiight.
> >
> > Because companies always give away freebies with products that are
> > already selling well.
> >
> > LOL
>
> you know that apple has a giveaway w/ a computer purchase at back to scho=
ol
> time every year, right?  this is the first year in a few they didn't give
> away an ipod of some sort (touch the last couple years, gift card this ye=
ar).
>  so was it macs, or ipod touchs you don't think was selling well requirin=
> apple to do 'things like this'?  :P

Yup.

Apple was clearly trying to pump up its market share.

:-)

--
"

> > Doesn't go anywhere.
>
> > But again, what were the ratios? I notice you've gone to the tall grass
> > over that question, Clyde...
>
> What's Theo dusters weave of your desired ratio?

Good God the correction on the iPad sucks.
That should read 'What's the industry average of your desired ratio?'

> Without it whatever
> bullshit you're planning on spewing is even less meaningful than
> usual.
> And as you well know there is no set ratio. You got the same promo
> item no matter if you got the base MacBook or a $32,000 maxxed out Mac
> Pro.

0
Mayor
9/30/2011 4:22:53 PM
In article
<c5825f67-861d-455b-8fb5-9e096b82f161@z19g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 30, 8:10�am, "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sep 30, 2:13�am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> >

> > > In article
> > > <67d18ace-176f-4aae-8fe7-92b32e7af...@18g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Sorry, broken link...
> >
> > > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517
>
> What a liar. Here let me repost the significant part...oh hell I'm

Nope. I have ed killfiled and the link left in your post doesn't work.

Yes: it's market share of Macs.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
9/30/2011 5:28:21 PM
In article <j64bp0$adm$1@dont-email.me>,
 "Redjak" <rjackson@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <67d18ace-176f-4aae-8fe7-92b32e7afbf6@18g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 30, 1:32 am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:
> > > On Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:33:04 PM UTC-7, Mayor Of
> > > R&#39;lyeh

> > > alan claims it meant the ipods weren't selling well and apple was
> > > using it
> > > to pump up market
> > > share.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d2351
> > > 7.
> > > ..
> >
> > And that rushing sound you heard was Alan bolting for the tall
> > grass...er going to play hockey. 8)
>
> >Sorry, broken link...
>
> ><http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c07bc5d23517>
>
> It worked on my machine.

Sure it did...

> >Doesn't go anywhere.
>
> Like you?

"Message not found.
We're sorry, but we were unable to find the message you were looking
for."

> >But again, what were the ratios? I notice you've gone to the tall
> >grass
> >over that question, Clyde...
>
> Another failed role reversal.  The defense of Lusers.

LOL

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
9/30/2011 5:29:01 PM
In article <alangbaker-692456.11335529092011@news.shawcable.net>,
 Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:

> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>
> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>
> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate"

So the company that makes electronics also makes washers and dryers.

Ok...
--
Mike
0
On Sep 30, 1:28=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c5825f67-861d-455b-8fb5-9e096b82f...@z19g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 30, 8:10=A0am, "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

School

> > What a liar. Here let me repost the significant part...oh hell I'm
>
> Nope. I have ed killfiled and the link left in your post doesn't work.
>

> > going to repost the whole thing lest you start whining that its out of
> > context:
> > "Message from discussion Now when and why do companies do things like
> > this?
> > View parsed - Show only message text
> > From: Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>
> > Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
> > Subject: Re: Now when and why do companies do things like this?
> > Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:47 -0700
>
> > In article
> > <e9264d45-bf3e-4275-
> > b68b-8b88c99d9...@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com
> > >,
> > =A0ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

> > > you know that apple has a giveaway w/ a computer purchase at back to =
school
> > > time every year, right? =A0this is the first year in a few they didn'=
t give
> > > away an ipod of some sort (touch the last couple years, gift card thi=
> > > year).
> > > =A0so was it macs, or ipod touchs you don't think was selling well re=
quiring
> > > apple to do 'things like this'? =A0:P
>
> > Yup.
>
> > Apple was clearly trying to pump up its market share.
>
> Yes: it's market share of Macs

Apparently Alan can't get his ratios to work in the tall grass. 8)

0
Mayor
10/2/2011 5:34:21 AM
In article
<15019b1d-f63c-46d8-9169-4f5dcc4af8df@j19g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Yup.
> >
> > > Apple was clearly trying to pump up its market share.
> >
> > Yes: it's market share of Macs
>
> Apparently Alan can't get his ratios to work in the tall grass. 8)

Non-responsive, Clyde.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/2/2011 5:40:06 AM
On Oct 2, 1:40=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <15019b1d-f63c-46d8-9169-4f5dcc4af...@j19g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Yes: it's market share of Macs
>
> > Apparently Alan can't get his ratios to work in the tall grass. 8)
>
> Non-responsive, Clyde.

You got your response to you bullshit ratio question days ago. So far
we've gotten no response from you. I guess you're just too busy
wallowing in the tall grass....er....playing hockey. 8)

0
Mayor
10/2/2011 6:19:37 AM
In article
<870b2db6-e3b4-4d6a-8c7c-6f525078996d@i33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 1:40�am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <15019b1d-f63c-46d8-9169-4f5dcc4af...@j19g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Apparently Alan can't get his ratios to work in the tall grass. 8)
> >
> > Non-responsive, Clyde.
> >
> You got your response to you bullshit ratio question days ago. So far
> we've gotten no response from you. I guess you're just too busy
> wallowing in the tall grass....er....playing hockey. 8)

No, Clyde, there was no response. Let's see the link.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/2/2011 7:01:55 AM
On Oct 2, 3:01=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <870b2db6-e3b4-4d6a-8c7c-6f5250789...@i33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 2, 1:40 am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <15019b1d-f63c-46d8-9169-4f5dcc4af...@j19g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Non-responsive, Clyde.
>
> > You got your response to you bullshit ratio question days ago. So far
> > we've gotten no response from you. I guess you're just too busy
> > wallowing in the tall grass....er....playing hockey. 8)
>
> No, Clyde, there was no response. Let's see the link

That lie would go over better if you hadn't responded to the post it
was in.

0
Mayor
10/2/2011 8:01:20 AM
In article
<48150afc-d6cc-45f9-bb04-a120dcd127af@i23g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
 "Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 3:01�am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <870b2db6-e3b4-4d6a-8c7c-6f5250789...@i33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> > �"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You got your response to you bullshit ratio question days ago. So far
> > > we've gotten no response from you. I guess you're just too busy
> > > wallowing in the tall grass....er....playing hockey. 8)
> >
> > No, Clyde, there was no response. Let's see the link
>
> That lie would go over better if you hadn't responded to the post it
> was in.

Again: link?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/2/2011 8:13:46 AM
On 10/2/11 5:13 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

>>> No, Clyde, there was no response. Let's see the link
>>
>> That lie would go over better if you hadn't responded to the post it
>> was in.
>
> Again: link?

There are no ratios you uneducated dufus.
They are variable for all products that are given away for free or at a
reduced price.

That was the answer to your stupid question, hysterical Apple fanboi.

You made the claim about ratios, you need to prove that there was an
ulterior motive behind Samsung's promotion.

Being an Apple fanboi is supposed to be your most important
accomplishment in life and you still can't get it right.

0
Nashton
10/2/2011 11:06:15 AM
"Mike" <mike@nononccfaba.org> wrote in message
> In article <alangbaker-692456.11335529092011@news.shawcable.net>,
> Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:
>
>> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>>
>> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>>
>> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
>> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
>> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>>
>> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate"
>
> So the company that makes electronics also makes washers and dryers.
>
> Ok...
> --

Yes.  And Apple displays.
http://9to5mac.com/2011/08/23/apple-makes-up-its-mind-ipad-3-lcd-panels-will-be-supplied-by-lg-display-samsung-and-sharp/

0
Mocassin
10/2/2011 2:54:46 PM
In article <j69gj5$n7i$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca>
wrote:

> >> That lie would go over better if you hadn't responded to the post it
> >> was in.
> >
> > Again: link?
> >

> There are no ratios you uneducated dufus.

Really? The relationship between the cost two things isn't a ratio,
Hypocrite? What do you call it?

> They are variable for all products that are given away for free or at a
> reduced price.

How can things you claim don't exist suddenly be "variable", Hypocrite?

> That was the answer to your stupid question, hysterical Apple fanboi.
>
> You made the claim about ratios, you need to prove that there was an
> ulterior motive behind Samsung's promotion.

Why? I'm amused by the fact that Samsung is now offering as a free
throw-in a device which you trolls claimed was going to be such an iPad
killer.

> Being an Apple fanboi is supposed to be your most important
> accomplishment in life and you still can't get it right.

LOL

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/2/2011 7:52:52 PM

"Redjak"  wrote in message news:j62uv4$8lv$1@dont-email.me...

"Mayor Of R'lyeh"  wrote in message

On Sep 29, 2:33 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>
> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also,
> enter
> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>
> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebte"

>So? I got my iPad for free. It was a door prize at a company event.
>Is
>that supposed to lessen it somehow?

Alan gets upset to see the consumer make out.  He can't afford to take
advantage of these deals -  he has "no money" issues.

Maybe he's a skid and dirt bag with a hand me down mac blowing hot air.
0
Socko
10/2/2011 7:56:00 PM
On 10/2/11 4:52 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article<j69gj5$n7i$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> wrote:

>>> Again: link?
>>>

>> There are no ratios you uneducated dufus.
>
> Really? The relationship between the cost two things isn't a ratio,
> Hypocrite? What do you call it?

You brought it up, *you* tell me what the ratios are.
And while you're at it, explain how it is even relevant considering that
Apple doesn't manufacture kitchen appliances.

>> They are variable for all products that are given away for free or at a
>> reduced price.
>
> How can things you claim don't exist suddenly be "variable", Hypocrite?

You're the one with the claim, prove it.
No photoshop files of 18 wheelers, please.
No anecdotes about your accountant's BSODs, liar.

>> That was the answer to your stupid question, hysterical Apple fanboi.
>>
>> You made the claim about ratios, you need to prove that there was an
>> ulterior motive behind Samsung's promotion.
>
> Why? I'm amused by the fact that Samsung is now offering as a free
> throw-in a device which you trolls claimed was going to be such an iPad
> killer.

It's doing very well. Does this concern you, hysterical apple biatch?

Now, finish what you started and give us an example instead of being a liar.

>> Being an Apple fanboi is supposed to be your most important
>> accomplishment in life and you still can't get it right.
>
> LOL

You're a tool.
0
Nashton
10/2/2011 11:37:49 PM
In article <j6aske$cas$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca>
wrote:

> On 10/2/11 4:52 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> > In article<j69gj5$n7i$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> > wrote:

> >> There are no ratios you uneducated dufus.
> >
> > Really? The relationship between the cost two things isn't a ratio,
> > Hypocrite? What do you call it?
>
> You brought it up, *you* tell me what the ratios are.

Once again, Hypocrite, you don't understand how this works: there are
ratios between the prices of these things even if I don't explicitly
state what they are.

The appliances have prices, the Galaxy tablet has a price. Hence, ratios.

> And while you're at it, explain how it is even relevant considering that
> Apple doesn't manufacture kitchen appliances.

It's relevant in that it shows that they're willing to give away
something that costs $350 with the sale of another thing costing a
little over $1,000

When Apple offered their back-to-school promo, the ratio between the two
prices was larger.

> >> They are variable for all products that are given away for free or at a
> >> reduced price.
> >
> > How can things you claim don't exist suddenly be "variable", Hypocrite?
>
> You're the one with the claim, prove it.

You really are quite dense. You first claimed that "they" didn't exist
("There are no ratios"), then you claimed that "they are variable".

Those two statements are contradictory, Hypocrite.

> No photoshop files of 18 wheelers, please.
> No anecdotes about your accountant's BSODs, liar.

LOL

> >> That was the answer to your stupid question, hysterical Apple fanboi.
> >>
> >> You made the claim about ratios, you need to prove that there was an
> >> ulterior motive behind Samsung's promotion.
> >
> > Why? I'm amused by the fact that Samsung is now offering as a free
> > throw-in a device which you trolls claimed was going to be such an iPad
> > killer.
>
> It's doing very well. Does this concern you, hysterical apple biatch?

So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of washers
and dryers...

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 2:53:11 AM
On Oct 2, 4:13=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <48150afc-d6cc-45f9-bb04-a120dcd12...@i23g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 2, 3:01=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <870b2db6-e3b4-4d6a-8c7c-6f5250789...@i33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> > > No, Clyde, there was no response. Let's see the link
>
> > That lie would go over better if you hadn't responded to the post it
> > was in.
>
> Again: link?

Alan's 'strategy' so far:
1) Make a post mocking Samsung for giving away one product with
another.
2) Upon learning that Apple does the exact thing same thing (oh,snap!)
start demanding some non-sensical ratio that means nothing to anyone
but Alan.
3) When its pointed out to him that there is no set ration since you
got the same iPod Touch with any Mac start demanding a link to
something that he knows doesn't exist
4) When, again, its pointed out to him that his ratio doesn't exist
and that to get it he can simply divide the cost of an iPod Touch
between every number from $1,000 to $32,0000 again screech that he
needs a link.
IOW words, like every other time Alan is blatantly wrong instead of
admitting it he initiates another round of the 'Alan Baker Prove It
Game'. Since there is no link to some number that no one uses except
Alan it clearly cannot be provided so in his mind Alan 'wins'. This is
an insight into the 'mind' of Alan 'too many times to count' Baker and
only further serves to highlight the basic moronity and dishonesty
that is at the center of this very self-centered individual.
0
Mayor
10/3/2011 7:04:40 AM
In article
<0ea270db-6da1-4ec0-b8fb-fcb7100933ee@k34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

Clyde's strategy so far:

When ask for a link, duck.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 7:24:05 AM
On Oct 3, 3:24=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <0ea270db-6da1-4ec0-b8fb-fcb710093...@k34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0"Mayor Of R'lyeh" <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 2, 4:13=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <48150afc-d6cc-45f9-bb04-a120dcd12...@i23g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

So far

> > > Again: link?
>
> > Alan's 'strategy' so far:
> > 1) Make a post mocking Samsung for giving away one product with
> > another.
> > 2) Upon learning that Apple does the exact thing same thing (oh,snap!)
> > start demanding some non-sensical ratio that means nothing to anyone
> > but Alan.
> > 3) When its pointed out to him that there is no set ration since you
> > got the same iPod Touch with any Mac start demanding a link to
> > something that he knows doesn't exist
> > 4) When, again, its pointed out to him that his ratio doesn't exist
> > and that to get it he can simply divide the cost of an iPod Touch
> > between every number from $1,000 to $32,0000 again screech that he
> > needs a link.
> > IOW words, like every other time Alan is blatantly wrong instead of
> > admitting it he initiates another round of the 'Alan Baker Prove It
> > Game'. Since there is no link to some number that no one uses except
> > Alan it clearly cannot be provided so in his mind Alan 'wins'. This is
> > an insight into the 'mind' of Alan 'too many times to count' Baker and
> > only further serves to highlight the basic moronity and dishonesty
> > that is at the center of this very self-centered individual.
>
> Clyde's strategy so far:
>
> When ask for a link, duck.

Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
anyway?

0
Mayor
10/3/2011 8:05:08 AM
In article
<51e0358d-f9a2-46f0-ac8f-5f813adaf140@i28g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Alan's 'strategy' so far:
> > > 1) Make a post mocking Samsung for giving away one product with
> > > another.
> > > 2) Upon learning that Apple does the exact thing same thing (oh,snap!)
> > > start demanding some non-sensical ratio that means nothing to anyone
> > > but Alan.
> > > 3) When its pointed out to him that there is no set ration since you
> > > got the same iPod Touch with any Mac start demanding a link to
> > > something that he knows doesn't exist
> > > 4) When, again, its pointed out to him that his ratio doesn't exist
> > > and that to get it he can simply divide the cost of an iPod Touch
> > > between every number from $1,000 to $32,0000 again screech that he
> > > needs a link.
> > > IOW words, like every other time Alan is blatantly wrong instead of
> > > admitting it he initiates another round of the 'Alan Baker Prove It
> > > Game'. Since there is no link to some number that no one uses except
> > > Alan it clearly cannot be provided so in his mind Alan 'wins'. This is
> > > an insight into the 'mind' of Alan 'too many times to count' Baker and
> > > only further serves to highlight the basic moronity and dishonesty
> > > that is at the center of this very self-centered individual.
> >
> > Clyde's strategy so far:
> >
> > When ask for a link, duck.
> >

> Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
> And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
> anyway?

Clyde: "You got your response"
Alan:  "No, there was no response, let's see the link"
Clyde: "You responded to it"
Alan:  "Again: link?"
Clyde: "Blarh bla bla blaaarg apple fanboy blaa bla bla"
Alan:  "So no link?"
Clyde: "Can't link to something that doesn't exist"

So, somewhere in between the first line and Clydes long unnecessary
random pile of words he forgot that the link Alan asked for was for
this "response".

And for the trolls - I don't "agree" with Alan, nor trying to defend
anything here. I'm clearly making fun of Clydes inability to follow
along in a pretty straight forward course of events.

--
Sandman[.net]
0
On 10/3/11 5:05 AM, Mayor Of R'lyeh wrote:

>>> Alan's 'strategy' so far:
>>> 1) Make a post mocking Samsung for giving away one product with
>>> another.
>>> 2) Upon learning that Apple does the exact thing same thing (oh,snap!)
>>> start demanding some non-sensical ratio that means nothing to anyone
>>> but Alan.
>>> 3) When its pointed out to him that there is no set ration since you
>>> got the same iPod Touch with any Mac start demanding a link to
>>> something that he knows doesn't exist
>>> 4) When, again, its pointed out to him that his ratio doesn't exist
>>> and that to get it he can simply divide the cost of an iPod Touch
>>> between every number from $1,000 to $32,0000 again screech that he
>>> needs a link.
>>> IOW words, like every other time Alan is blatantly wrong instead of
>>> admitting it he initiates another round of the 'Alan Baker Prove It
>>> Game'. Since there is no link to some number that no one uses except
>>> Alan it clearly cannot be provided so in his mind Alan 'wins'. This is
>>> an insight into the 'mind' of Alan 'too many times to count' Baker and
>>> only further serves to highlight the basic moronity and dishonesty
>>> that is at the center of this very self-centered individual.
>>
>> Clyde's strategy so far:
>>
>> When ask for a link, duck.
>>

> Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
> And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
> anyway?

Did he post it?
It's his whole life as he's got it down to an art form.

You left out that he made the claim about some meaningless, imaginary
ratios by a company that makes more products that one can shake a stick
at was made by him, therefore he bears the burden of proof.

0
Nashton
10/3/2011 10:07:51 AM
On 10/2/11 11:53 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article<j6aske$cas$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/2/11 4:52 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

>>> Really? The relationship between the cost two things isn't a ratio,
>>> Hypocrite? What do you call it?
>>
>> You brought it up, *you* tell me what the ratios are.
>
> Once again, Hypocrite, you don't understand how this works: there are
> ratios between the prices of these things even if I don't explicitly
> state what they are.
>
> The appliances have prices, the Galaxy tablet has a price. Hence, ratios.

Did it ever occur to you, el stupido, that it's the appliances they were
giving away and not the tabs because they were, I don't know,
overstocked? The reasons behind these promos can be many, none of which
you would understand. The length of the promos can also vary, making any
"ratio" comparison meaningless.

Clueless, as usual.

>> And while you're at it, explain how it is even relevant considering that
>> Apple doesn't manufacture kitchen appliances.
>
> It's relevant in that it shows that they're willing to give away
> something that costs $350 with the sale of another thing costing a
> little over $1,000
>
> When Apple offered their back-to-school promo, the ratio between the two
> prices was larger.

Even if this were true, what does it prove, crap for brains lying
Hysterical Fanboi?

>>> How can things you claim don't exist suddenly be "variable", Hypocrite?
>>
>> You're the one with the claim, prove it.
>
> You really are quite dense. You first claimed that "they" didn't exist
> ("There are no ratios"), then you claimed that "they are variable".

Things are quite simple in Baker's little lowbrow, high school educated
world.
When I stated that there are no ratios, any right thinking, educated
individual would have understood that I meant there are no ratios for
the purposes that you're trying to advance in your little pea
brain,lie-to-make-Apple-look-good cranium.

> Those two statements are contradictory, Hypocrite.
>
>> No photoshop files of 18 wheelers, please.
>> No anecdotes about your accountant's BSODs, liar.
>
> LOL

>>> Why? I'm amused by the fact that Samsung is now offering as a free
>>> throw-in a device which you trolls claimed was going to be such an iPad
>>> killer.
>>
>> It's doing very well. Does this concern you, hysterical apple biatch?
>
> So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of washers
> and dryers...

Everything about your premise is wrong......again.

0
Nashton
10/3/2011 10:31:08 AM
On Oct 3, 6:07=A0am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:

> >> Clyde's strategy so far:
>
> >> When ask for a link, duck.
>
> > Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
> > And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
> > anyway?
>
> Did he post it?
> It's his whole life as he's got it down to an art form.
>
> You left out that he made the claim about some meaningless, imaginary
> ratios by a company that makes more products that one can shake a stick
> at was made by him, therefore he bears the burden of proof.

LOL Defending Apple really is his entire life. I really think he
should be studied. I've never ever seen anyone worship a company
before... EVER. Especially a company that makes MP3 players? CAN
SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY A PERSON WOULD FALL IN LOVE WITH A
COMPANY!
0
MuahMan
10/3/2011 3:59:26 PM
On Oct 3, 6:31=A0am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> On 10/2/11 11:53 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>

> > In article<j6aske$ca...@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<n...@na.ca>
> > wrote:

> >> You brought it up, *you* tell me what the ratios are.
>
> > Once again, Hypocrite, you don't understand how this works: there are
> > ratios between the prices of these things even if I don't explicitly
> > state what they are.
>
> > The appliances have prices, the Galaxy tablet has a price. Hence, ratio=
s.

> Did it ever occur to you, el stupido, that it's the appliances they were
> giving away and not the tabs because they were, I don't know,
> overstocked? The reasons behind these promos can be many, none of which
> you would understand. The length of the promos can also vary, making any
> "ratio" comparison meaningless.
>
> Clueless, as usual.
>

> >> And while you're at it, explain how it is even relevant considering th=
at
> >> Apple doesn't manufacture kitchen appliances.
>
> > It's relevant in that it shows that they're willing to give away
> > something that costs $350 with the sale of another thing costing a
> > little over $1,000
>
> > When Apple offered their back-to-school promo, the ratio between the tw=
> > prices was larger.
>
> Even if this were true, what does it prove, crap for brains lying
> Hysterical Fanboi?

> >> You're the one with the claim, prove it.
>
> > You really are quite dense. You first claimed that "they" didn't exist
> > ("There are no ratios"), then you claimed that "they are variable".
>
> Things are quite simple in Baker's little lowbrow, high school educated
> world.
> When I stated that there are no ratios, any right thinking, educated
> individual would have understood that I meant there are no ratios for
> the purposes that you're trying to advance in your little pea
> brain,lie-to-make-Apple-look-good cranium.
>
> =A0>
>

> > Those two statements are contradictory, Hypocrite.
>
> >> No photoshop files of 18 wheelers, please.
> >> No anecdotes about your accountant's BSODs, liar.
>
> > LOL

> >> It's doing very well. Does this concern you, hysterical apple biatch?
>
> > So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of washer=
> > and dryers...
>
> Everything about your premise is wrong......again.

Alan Baker is a high school dropout and kiddy diddler (see Ski
Forums), he lies, cheats, and steals to get by.
0
MuahMan
10/3/2011 4:00:23 PM
On Oct 3, 5:34=A0am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> In article
> <51e0358d-f9a2-46f0-ac8f-5f813adaf...@i28g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Clyde's strategy so far:
>
> > > When ask for a link, duck.
>
> > Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
> > And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
> > anyway?
>
> Clyde: "You got your response"
> Alan: =A0"No, there was no response, let's see the link"
> Clyde: "You responded to it"
> Alan: =A0"Again: link?"
> Clyde: "Blarh bla bla blaaarg apple fanboy blaa bla bla"
> Alan: =A0"So no link?"
> Clyde: "Can't link to something that doesn't exist"
>
> So, somewhere in between the first line and Clydes long unnecessary
> random pile of words he forgot that the link Alan asked for was for
> this "response".
>
> And for the trolls - I don't "agree" with Alan, nor trying to defend
> anything here. I'm clearly making fun of Clydes inability to follow
> along in a pretty straight forward course of events.

And right on cue Alan's screeching harpy of a girlfriend shows up
hollering 'Leave my man alone!' and swinging her purse.

0
Mayor
10/3/2011 4:14:13 PM
In article <j6c1hm$741$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca>
wrote:

> >> Clyde's strategy so far:
> >>
> >> When ask for a link, duck.
> >>

> > Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
> > And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
> > anyway?
> >

> Did he post it?
> It's his whole life as he's got it down to an art form.
>
> You left out that he made the claim about some meaningless, imaginary
> ratios by a company that makes more products that one can shake a stick
> at was made by him, therefore he bears the burden of proof.

You really don't understand what a ratio is, Hypocrite?

If I offer to sell you X for $1000 with Y thrown in, what does it say
about Y's own popularity if it's price is putatively $1000 on its own
versus when it is $100?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 5:45:12 PM
In article <j6c2tb$ase$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca>
wrote:

> On 10/2/11 11:53 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> > In article<j6aske$cas$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> > wrote:

> >> You brought it up, *you* tell me what the ratios are.
> >
> > Once again, Hypocrite, you don't understand how this works: there are
> > ratios between the prices of these things even if I don't explicitly
> > state what they are.
> >
> > The appliances have prices, the Galaxy tablet has a price. Hence, ratios.
>
> Did it ever occur to you, el stupido, that it's the appliances they were
> giving away and not the tabs because they were, I don't know,
> overstocked? The reasons behind these promos can be many, none of which
> you would understand. The length of the promos can also vary, making any
> "ratio" comparison meaningless.

Lowes doesn't stock Galaxy Tabs at all, Hypocrite.

That's the point.

> Clueless, as usual.
>

> >> And while you're at it, explain how it is even relevant considering that
> >> Apple doesn't manufacture kitchen appliances.
> >
> > It's relevant in that it shows that they're willing to give away
> > something that costs $350 with the sale of another thing costing a
> > little over $1,000
> >
> > When Apple offered their back-to-school promo, the ratio between the two
> > prices was larger.
>
> Even if this were true, what does it prove, crap for brains lying
> Hysterical Fanboi?

You really can't figure it out, Hypocrite?

You really can't figure out what it means when someone makes a
(putatively) very pricey throw-in versus the situation of a much smaller
throw-in?

LOL

> >> You're the one with the claim, prove it.
> >
> > You really are quite dense. You first claimed that "they" didn't exist
> > ("There are no ratios"), then you claimed that "they are variable".
>
> Things are quite simple in Baker's little lowbrow, high school educated
> world.
> When I stated that there are no ratios, any right thinking, educated
> individual would have understood that I meant there are no ratios for
> the purposes that you're trying to advance in your little pea
> brain,lie-to-make-Apple-look-good cranium.

Of course there are. The respective ratios between the goods for sale
and the items offered as an incentive.

>  >

> > Those two statements are contradictory, Hypocrite.
> >
> >> No photoshop files of 18 wheelers, please.
> >> No anecdotes about your accountant's BSODs, liar.
> >
> > LOL

> >> It's doing very well. Does this concern you, hysterical apple biatch?
> >
> > So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of washers
> > and dryers...
>

> Everything about your premise is wrong......again.

Funny how much text your news server "allowed" you to leave in this
post, isn't it, Hypocrite?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 5:49:18 PM
In article
<538b790c-bc7a-4cbc-b594-6b1aa35e49d7@k34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
> > > And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
> > > anyway?
> >
> > Clyde: "You got your response"
> > Alan: �"No, there was no response, let's see the link"
> > Clyde: "You responded to it"
> > Alan: �"Again: link?"
> > Clyde: "Blarh bla bla blaaarg apple fanboy blaa bla bla"
> > Alan: �"So no link?"
> > Clyde: "Can't link to something that doesn't exist"
> >
> > So, somewhere in between the first line and Clydes long unnecessary
> > random pile of words he forgot that the link Alan asked for was for
> > this "response".
> >
> > And for the trolls - I don't "agree" with Alan, nor trying to defend
> > anything here. I'm clearly making fun of Clydes inability to follow
> > along in a pretty straight forward course of events.
>
> And right on cue Alan's screeching harpy of a girlfriend shows up
> hollering 'Leave my man alone!' and swinging her purse.

Hehe, you can always count on Clyde to flee as quickly as possible
when the gaping holes in his "logic" is exposed - generally to the
tune of homosexuality and other personal attacks that are inserted
into the void where a reasoned response otherwise would have been
found.

"And your mother too!" is the mantra of the insecure wintroll,
deserted by cognitive skills since hatred took its place many years
ago.

--
Sandman[.net]
0
On Oct 3, 2:11=A0pm, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> In article
> <538b790c-bc7a-4cbc-b594-6b1aa35e4...@k34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Clyde: "You got your response"
> > > Alan: "No, there was no response, let's see the link"
> > > Clyde: "You responded to it"
> > > Alan: "Again: link?"
> > > Clyde: "Blarh bla bla blaaarg apple fanboy blaa bla bla"
> > > Alan: "So no link?"
> > > Clyde: "Can't link to something that doesn't exist"
>
> > > So, somewhere in between the first line and Clydes long unnecessary
> > > random pile of words he forgot that the link Alan asked for was for
> > > this "response".
>
> > > And for the trolls - I don't "agree" with Alan, nor trying to defend
> > > anything here. I'm clearly making fun of Clydes inability to follow
> > > along in a pretty straight forward course of events.
>
> > And right on cue Alan's screeching harpy of a girlfriend shows up
> > hollering 'Leave my man alone!' and swinging her purse.
>
> Hehe, you can always count on Clyde to flee as quickly as possible
> when the gaping holes in his "logic" is exposed - generally to the
> tune of homosexuality and other personal attacks that are inserted
> into the void where a reasoned response otherwise would have been
> found.
>
> "And your mother too!" is the mantra of the insecure wintroll,
> deserted by cognitive skills since hatred took its place many years
> ago.
>
> --
> Sandman[.net]

Ahhhh look the two lovebirds are here together. So cute.

You fags are a funny bunch.
0
MuahMan
10/3/2011 6:31:57 PM
On 9/29/2011 11:33 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>
> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>
> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>
> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate"

     Yep they sure are! They're giving those tablets away when
you buy something.

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/car-nation-1.811928/hyundai-offers-free-ipad-with-purchase-of-equus-1.1846881

John
0
John
10/3/2011 10:29:45 PM
In article <j6dd0t$760$1@dont-email.me>,
 John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On 9/29/2011 11:33 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
> > <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
> >
> > "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
> >
> > via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
> > refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
> > to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
> >
> > Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate"
> >

>      Yep they sure are! They're giving those tablets away when
> you buy something.
>
> http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/car-nation-1.811928/hyundai-offers-fre
> e-ipad-with-purchase-of-equus-1.1846881
>
> John

Once again, look at the ratio of the prices, John.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 10:34:24 PM
On 10/3/11 2:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

>> Did it ever occur to you, el stupido, that it's the appliances they were
>> giving away and not the tabs because they were, I don't know,
>> overstocked? The reasons behind these promos can be many, none of which
>> you would understand. The length of the promos can also vary, making any
>> "ratio" comparison meaningless.
>
> Lowes doesn't stock Galaxy Tabs at all, Hypocrite.
>
> That's the point.

Who was even considering ....Lowes?
What about Samsung itself you stupid fack?

>> Clueless, as usual.

>>> It's relevant in that it shows that they're willing to give away
>>> something that costs $350 with the sale of another thing costing a
>>> little over $1,000
>>>
>>> When Apple offered their back-to-school promo, the ratio between the two
>>> prices was larger.
>>
>> Even if this were true, what does it prove, crap for brains lying
>> Hysterical Fanboi?
>
> You really can't figure it out, Hypocrite?

Read above and try to figure it out.

> You really can't figure out what it means when someone makes a
> (putatively) very pricey throw-in versus the situation of a much smaller
> throw-in?
>
> LOL

What happened to your "ratios?"

LOL

>>> You really are quite dense. You first claimed that "they" didn't exist
>>> ("There are no ratios"), then you claimed that "they are variable".
>>
>> Things are quite simple in Baker's little lowbrow, high school educated
>> world.
>> When I stated that there are no ratios, any right thinking, educated
>> individual would have understood that I meant there are no ratios for
>> the purposes that you're trying to advance in your little pea
>> brain,lie-to-make-Apple-look-good cranium.
>
> Of course there are. The respective ratios between the goods for sale
> and the items offered as an incentive.

Obviously but what you failed to prove (surprise!) is that there is a
correlation to this particular manufacturer giving anything away you
retarded half wit.

..

>> Everything about your premise is wrong......again.
>

> Funny how much text your news server "allowed" you to leave in this
> post, isn't it, Hypocrite?

LOL

You're still harping on your failed attempt to discredit me, hysterical
muffin top Apple biatch Alan?

0
Nashton
10/3/2011 11:07:10 PM
In article <j6df6v$70r$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca>
wrote:

> On 10/3/11 2:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>
> >> Did it ever occur to you, el stupido, that it's the appliances they were
> >> giving away and not the tabs because they were, I don't know,
> >> overstocked? The reasons behind these promos can be many, none of which
> >> you would understand. The length of the promos can also vary, making any
> >> "ratio" comparison meaningless.
> >
> > Lowes doesn't stock Galaxy Tabs at all, Hypocrite.
> >
> > That's the point.
>
> Who was even considering ....Lowes?

Hmmmm... ...because they're the site offering the promotion, Hypocrite.
Why wouldn't they be considered?

> What about Samsung itself you stupid fack?

Hmmm... ...and if Samsung is "overstocked" with Galaxy Tablets,
Hypocrite, what do you think that says about their sales?

:-)

> >> Clueless, as usual.

> >> Even if this were true, what does it prove, crap for brains lying
> >> Hysterical Fanboi?
> >
> > You really can't figure it out, Hypocrite?
>
> Read above and try to figure it out.
> >
> > You really can't figure out what it means when someone makes a
> > (putatively) very pricey throw-in versus the situation of a much smaller
> > throw-in?
> >
> > LOL
>
> What happened to your "ratios?"

Nothing happened to them, Hypocrite. But the word seemed to baffled you,
so I expressed the same idea in other terms.

> LOL

> >> Things are quite simple in Baker's little lowbrow, high school educated
> >> world.
> >> When I stated that there are no ratios, any right thinking, educated
> >> individual would have understood that I meant there are no ratios for
> >> the purposes that you're trying to advance in your little pea
> >> brain,lie-to-make-Apple-look-good cranium.
> >
> > Of course there are. The respective ratios between the goods for sale
> > and the items offered as an incentive.
>
> Obviously but what you failed to prove (surprise!) is that there is a
> correlation to this particular manufacturer giving anything away you
> retarded half wit.

LOL

> .
> >>

> >> Everything about your premise is wrong......again.
> >

> > Funny how much text your news server "allowed" you to leave in this
> > post, isn't it, Hypocrite?
> >

> LOL
>
> You're still harping on your failed attempt to discredit me, hysterical
> muffin top Apple biatch Alan?

LOL

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 11:10:10 PM
On 10/3/11 7:34 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article<j6dd0t$760$1@dont-email.me>,
>   John Slade<hhitman86@pacbell.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 9/29/2011 11:33 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
>>> <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_>
>>>
>>> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet
>>>
>>> via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set,
>>> refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter
>>> to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school.
>>>
>>> Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate"
>>>

>>       Yep they sure are! They're giving those tablets away when
>> you buy something.
>>
>> http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/car-nation-1.811928/hyundai-offers-fre
>> e-ipad-with-purchase-of-equus-1.1846881
>>
>> John
>
> Once again, look at the ratio of the prices, John.

Once again, look at how long Apple's promos last and look at how long
Smsung's promo will last.

Even if Apple's "ratio" is smaller (which I presume you're implying),
the fact that Apple offers it almost 24/7 would mean that they are
losing more money in sales than Samsung.
Furthermore, you incompetent buffoon, given Apple's insane mark up, one
needs to consider what the actual "ratio" is.

Get an education, you stupid hack.

0
Nashton
10/3/2011 11:11:51 PM
In article <j6dffn$7if$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca>
wrote:

> >>       Yep they sure are! They're giving those tablets away when
> >> you buy something.
> >>
> >> http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/car-nation-1.811928/hyundai-offers-
> >> fre
> >> e-ipad-with-purchase-of-equus-1.1846881
> >>
> >> John
> >
> > Once again, look at the ratio of the prices, John.
> >

> Once again, look at how long Apple's promos last and look at how long
> Smsung's promo will last.
>
> Even if Apple's "ratio" is smaller (which I presume you're implying),
> the fact that Apple offers it almost 24/7 would mean that they are
> losing more money in sales than Samsung.

They don't offer it "almost 24/7", Hypocrite. You should check your
facts at least once in a while.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/3/2011 11:15:08 PM
On 10/3/11 8:10 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article<j6df6v$70r$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> wrote:

>>> Lowes doesn't stock Galaxy Tabs at all, Hypocrite.
>>>
>>> That's the point.
>>
>> Who was even considering ....Lowes?
>
> Hmmmm... ...because they're the site offering the promotion, Hypocrite.
> Why wouldn't they be considered?

So Lowes is offering free tablets and this means that they're (whomever
the fack you mean by "they" is still incomprehensible) giving them away?

Are you actually saying anything here or are you just bored out of your
skull sitting in your 450 square foot apart?

>> What about Samsung itself you stupid fack?
>
> Hmmm... ...and if Samsung is "overstocked" with Galaxy Tablets,
> Hypocrite, what do you think that says about their sales?

No, you ignorant retard, perhaps they're overstocked in appliances, moron.

Get it now?

Doubt it.

LOL

> :-)

>>> You really can't figure out what it means when someone makes a
>>> (putatively) very pricey throw-in versus the situation of a much smaller
>>> throw-in?
>>>
>>> LOL
>>
>> What happened to your "ratios?"
>
> Nothing happened to them, Hypocrite. But the word seemed to baffled you,
> so I expressed the same idea in other terms.

It baffled you more than it baffled me. You still haven't produced any
example of these "ratios." Just some I-love-Apple bullcrap about a
competitor or a retail chain (God knows whom exactly) giving them away.

>> LOL

>>> Of course there are. The respective ratios between the goods for sale
>>> and the items offered as an incentive.
>>
>> Obviously but what you failed to prove (surprise!) is that there is a
>> correlation to this particular manufacturer giving anything away you
>> retarded half wit.
>

> LOL

Tragic, actually.

>> .

>>> Funny how much text your news server "allowed" you to leave in this
>>> post, isn't it, Hypocrite?
>>>

>> LOL
>>
>> You're still harping on your failed attempt to discredit me, hysterical
>> muffin top Apple biatch Alan?
>
> LOL

0
Nashton
10/3/2011 11:19:13 PM
On 10/3/11 2:45 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article<j6c1hm$741$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> wrote:

>>> Wow! Did Alan 'too many times to count' Baker really just post that?
>>> And how do you suppose I post a link to something that doesn't exist
>>> anyway?
>>>

>> Did he post it?
>> It's his whole life as he's got it down to an art form.
>>
>> You left out that he made the claim about some meaningless, imaginary
>> ratios by a company that makes more products that one can shake a stick
>> at was made by him, therefore he bears the burden of proof.
>
> You really don't understand what a ratio is, Hypocrite?

There is nothing to understand. The mere fact that you mention it is
proof enough that it's ill defined.

> If I offer to sell you X for $1000 with Y thrown in, what does it say
> about Y's own popularity if it's price is putatively $1000 on its own
> versus when it is $100?

It tells me that your math and analytical skills need work.

You still haven't established who is giving what away, how it's related
to the popularity of the product, what exactly they're giving away (it
could be that they're trying to offer incentives for people to buy
appliances you uneducated dim wit or simply to get them in the store),
the length of the promo and any proof to tie everything together you
pathetic little Apple Biatch Apologist.

Now run along, you're boring me.

0
Nashton
10/3/2011 11:26:30 PM

"Nashton"  wrote in message news:j6df6v$70r$1@speranza.aioe.org...

On 10/3/11 2:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Snipped for brevity.

>You're still harping on your failed attempt to discredit me,
>hysterical muffin top Apple biatch Alan?

"Muffin Top"??!!!  HOOOT!!

0
Redjak
10/3/2011 11:30:03 PM

"Nashton"  wrote in message news:j6dfti$8ch$1@speranza.aioe.org...

On 10/3/11 8:10 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article<j6df6v$70r$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<nana@na.ca>
> wrote:

>>> Lowes doesn't stock Galaxy Tabs at all, Hypocrite.
>>>
>>> That's the point.
>>
>> Who was even considering ....Lowes?
>
> Hmmmm... ...because they're the site offering the promotion,
> Hypocrite.
> Why wouldn't they be considered?

>So Lowes is offering free tablets and this means that they're
>(whomever the fack you mean by "they" is still incomprehensible)
>giving them away?

>Are you actually saying anything here or are you just bored out of
>your skull sitting in your 450 square foot apart?

The smell of Chinese food must be getting to what's left of his pea
brain.

snip for brevity.

0
Redjak
10/3/2011 11:31:52 PM
On Oct 3, 6:31=A0am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> On10/2/11 11:53 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>

> > In article<j6aske$ca...@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton<n...@na.ca>
> > wrote:

> >> You brought it up, *you* tell me what the ratios are.
>
> > Once again, Hypocrite, you don't understand how this works: there are
> > ratios between the prices of these things even if I don't explicitly
> > state what they are.
>
> > The appliances have prices, the Galaxy tablet has a price. Hence, ratio=
s.

> Did it ever occur to you, el stupido, that it's the appliances they were
> giving away and not the tabs because they were, I don't know,
> overstocked? The reasons behind these promos can be many, none of which
> you would understand. The length of the promos can also vary, making any
> "ratio" comparison meaningless.
>
> Clueless, as usual.
>

> >> And while you're at it, explain how it is even relevant considering th=
at
> >> Apple doesn't manufacture kitchen appliances.
>
> > It's relevant in that it shows that they're willing to give away
> > something that costs $350 with the sale of another thing costing a
> > little over $1,000
>
> > When Apple offered their back-to-school promo, the ratio between the tw=
> > prices was larger.
>
> Even if this were true, what does it prove, crap for brains lying
> Hysterical Fanboi?

> >> You're the one with the claim, prove it.
>
> > You really are quite dense. You first claimed that "they" didn't exist
> > ("There are no ratios"), then you claimed that "they are variable".
>
> Things are quite simple in Baker's little lowbrow, high school educated
> world.
> When I stated that there are no ratios, any right thinking, educated
> individual would have understood that I meant there are no ratios for
> the purposes that you're trying to advance in your little pea
> brain,lie-to-make-Apple-look-good cranium.
>
> =A0>
>

> > Those two statements are contradictory, Hypocrite.
>
> >> No photoshop files of 18 wheelers, please.
> >> No anecdotes about your accountant's BSODs, liar.
>
> > LOL

> >> It's doing very well. Does this concern you, hysterical apple biatch?
>
> > So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of washer=
> > and dryers...
>
> Everything about your premise is wrong......again.

The best part is that Alan assumes the offer is being made by Samsung
when its clearly being made by Lowes.

0
Mayor
10/4/2011 2:21:02 AM
In article
<d4b898b8-0afc-4814-bc0f-c65664a3cb11@g23g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of washers
> > > and dryers...
> >
> > Everything about your premise is wrong......again.
>
> The best part is that Alan assumes the offer is being made by Samsung
> when its clearly being made by Lowes.

No, Clyde: I don't assume that at all.

But the point is that Lowes had to buy those tablets somewhere, and if
they paid full wholesale price, I'd be very, very much surprised.

They're offering this because Galaxy Tablets aren't selling very well
and people are trying to get rid of overstock of them.

<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp>

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
10/4/2011 3:20:26 AM
On Monday, October 3, 2011 8:20:26 PM UTC-7, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article
> <d4b898b8-0afc-4814...@g23g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Everything about your premise is wrong......again.
> >
> > The best part is that Alan assumes the offer is being made by Samsung
> > when its clearly being made by Lowes.
>
> No, Clyde: I don't assume that at all.
>
> But the point is that Lowes had to buy those tablets somewhere, and if
> they paid full wholesale price, I'd be very, very much surprised.
>
> They're offering this because Galaxy Tablets aren't selling very well
> and people are trying to get rid of overstock of them.
>
> <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp>

I'm not sure why alan thinks lenovo is agood source of info about Samsung sales,  but he is perhaps overlooking the fact that samsung has announced a new 7in tab plus,  so this may be a move to clear the channel of the old products.

0
ed
10/4/2011 5:07:31 AM
On 10/4/11 12:20 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article
> <d4b898b8-0afc-4814-bc0f-c65664a3cb11@g23g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Everything about your premise is wrong......again.
>>
>> The best part is that Alan assumes the offer is being made by Samsung
>> when its clearly being made by Lowes.
>
> No, Clyde: I don't assume that at all.

You're utterly confused. You made it clear in a previous post that the
offer was made by Loews when I asked why one ought to even consider
Loews, since your OP implied that the move originated from Samsung.

 >scratches head<

> But the point is that Lowes had to buy those tablets somewhere, and if
> they paid full wholesale price, I'd be very, very much surprised.

That doesn't cut it. Your whole thesis is based on assumptions that you
already sabotaged by underscoring that it is Loews that is offering the
promo and not Samsung.

> They're offering this because Galaxy Tablets aren't selling very well
> and people are trying to get rid of overstock of them.
>
> <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp>

Moron

"So just how many units has Samsung sold of its seven-inch Galaxy Tab
device? It's a good question, and executives from rival Lenovo think
they have the answer: 20,000, a figure well short of the one million
units that Samsung first claimed to have sold some three months after
the tablet's launch."

Sales figure based on numbers provided by a competitor?

Let me explain this to you:

A competitor has a vested interest in making Samsung look bad by
underestimating their sales figures.

Another house of cards built by the hysterical Apple loving Liar.
0
Nashton
10/4/2011 11:39:32 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article
<d4b898b8-0afc-4814-bc0f-c65664a3cb11@g23g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > So well that they've taken to throwing them in with the sales of
> > > washers
> > > and dryers...
> >
> > Everything about your premise is wrong......again.
>
> The best part is that Alan assumes the offer is being made by
> Samsung
> when its clearly being made by Lowes.

>No, Clyde: I don't assume that at all.

>But the point is that Lowes had to buy those tablets somewhere, and
>if
>they paid full wholesale price, I'd be very, very much surprised.

>They're offering this because Galaxy Tablets aren't selling very well
>and people are trying to get rid of overstock of them.

><http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp>

The article doesn't say that at all, you hysterical, lying  Apple
bitch.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very
carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD
Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix'
(Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for
the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not
included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on
Sun)

0
Redjak
10/4/2011 12:46:28 PM
On Oct 4, 7:39=A0am, Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:

> > <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp>
> "So just how many units has Samsung sold of its seven-inch Galaxy Tab
> device? It's a good question, and executives from rival Lenovo think
> they have the answer: 20,000, a figure well short of the one million
> units that Samsung first claimed to have sold some three months after
> the tablet's launch."
>
> Sales figure based on numbers provided by a competitor?
>
> Let me explain this to you:
>
> A competitor has a vested interest in making Samsung look bad by
> underestimating their sales figures.

Except to do so would be make them legally liable for false claims,
and from the very same article:

    "Samsung hasn't exactly been forthcoming with how many Galaxy
    Tabs it's actually sold, nor has the company offered any comment
     to address Lenovo executives' claims."

Which means that Samsung definitely knows that Lenovo has been talking
about them - - and if it were a lie, then Samsung could sue their
pants off .... but have chosen to do nothing, instead.  Golly, how
odd.

> Another house of cards built by the hysterical Apple loving Liar.

Except that it is a far stronger inference than the silly things
you've been claiming.  Repeatedly, I might add.

-hh
0
hh
10/4/2011 1:08:43 PM
On 10/4/11 10:08 AM, -hh wrote:
> On Oct 4, 7:39 am, Nashton<n...@na.ca>  wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp>
>> "So just how many units has Samsung sold of its seven-inch Galaxy Tab
>> device? It's a good question, and executives from rival Lenovo think
>> they have the answer: 20,000, a figure well short of the one million
>> units that Samsung first claimed to have sold some three months after
>> the tablet's launch."
>>
>> Sales figure based on numbers provided by a competitor?
>>
>> Let me explain this to you:
>>
>> A competitor has a vested interest in making Samsung look bad by
>> underestimating their sales figures.
>
> Except to do so would be make them legally liable for false claims,
> and from the very same article:

Are you claiming that companies haven't been known to be reckless and at
time, strategically so?

>      "Samsung hasn't exactly been forthcoming with how many Galaxy
>      Tabs it's actually sold, nor has the company offered any comment
>       to address Lenovo executives' claims."

Irrelevant.the fact that Samsung isn't forthcoming with its sales
figures, doesn't validate Lenovo's assumptions.

Try harder next time.

> Which means that Samsung definitely knows that Lenovo has been talking
> about them - - and if it were a lie, then Samsung could sue their
> pants off .... but have chosen to do nothing, instead.  Golly, how
> odd.

How odd what?

>> Another house of cards built by the hysterical Apple loving Liar.
>
> Except that it is a far stronger inference than the silly things
> you've been claiming.  Repeatedly, I might add.

Can you be more specific?

I don't think you can prove that any of my claims are silly, no more
than you can prove that Baker's assumptions are true.

> -hh

0
Nashton
10/4/2011 3:00:29 PM
Nashton <n...@na.ca> wrote:
> -hh wrote:

> >> "So just how many units has Samsung sold of its seven-inch Galaxy Tab
> >> device? It's a good question, and executives from rival Lenovo think
> >> they have the answer: 20,000, a figure well short of the one million
> >> units that Samsung first claimed to have sold some three months after
> >> the tablet's launch."
>
> >> Sales figure based on numbers provided by a competitor?
>
> >> Let me explain this to you:
>
> >> A competitor has a vested interest in making Samsung look bad by
> >> underestimating their sales figures.
>
> > Except to do so would be make them legally liable for false claims,
> > and from the very same article:
>
> Are you claiming that companies haven't been known to be reckless and at
> time, strategically so?

Not here, since the scope here is merely that the corporation is
invariably liable for their actions.

> > =A0 =A0 =A0"Samsung hasn't exactly been forthcoming with how many Galax=
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Tabs it's actually sold, nor has the company offered any com=
ment
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 to address Lenovo executives' claims."
>
> Irrelevant.the fact that Samsung isn't forthcoming with its sales
> figures, doesn't validate Lenovo's assumptions.

Congratulations!  You got that one correct, Nashton!

> Try harder next time.
>
> > Which means that Samsung definitely knows that Lenovo has been talking
> > about them - - and if it were a lie, then Samsung could sue their
> > pants off .... but have chosen to do nothing, instead. =A0Golly, how
> > odd.
>
> How odd what?

No, sorry.  Try harder next time.

> >> Another house of cards built by the hysterical Apple loving Liar.
>
> > Except that it is a far stronger inference than the silly things
> > you've been claiming. =A0Repeatedly, I might add.
>
> Can you be more specific?

Yes, I could be more specific.

> I don't think you can prove that any of my claims are silly, no more
> than you can prove that Baker's assumptions are true.

Well, it is true that there may be better descriptors than "silly" to
describe your claims, such as "libelous".   Or is it "slander"?
Sorry, I sometimes get them transposed...either way, they're far less
trivializing than "silly".

-hh
0
hh
10/4/2011 8:20:23 PM
HH. Alan is a grown up. (at least one could make the argument he is).
Why do you feel the need to defend him? Are you dating?
0
MuahMan
10/4/2011 8:31:03 PM
MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HH. Alan is a grown up. (at least one could make the argument he is).

There's a lot of posters here who are allegedly grown up.

> Why do you feel the need to defend him? Are you dating?

A real grown up can look beyond such simplistic superficialities to
see what's really being said.  Need more help with that?

-hh
0
hh

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Giving away Mac LC 4/75 and monitor
The hard disk (80 MB Quantum unit) in my LC 4/75 has died and as I no longer use this system much, I'm giving it away to anyone who wants to collect it from North London, UK. cheers, Andy ...

MacHeist are giving away free Mac apps for Christmas
....including a very cool game - Enigmo 2. See the following link: <http://givingtree.macheist.com/> Regards, Jamie Kahn Genet -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. In article <1is9oxx.rgal1xg8gvprN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote: > ...including a very cool game - Enigmo 2. See the following link: > <http://givingtree.macheist.com/> Thanks very much for the heads-up, Jamie! -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent ...

THINK/Symantec/Mac dev books
Hi, I have these books which are free for cost of shipping (from Melbourne, Australia): * Macintosh Revealed (Vol 2) Programming with the Toolbox (Apple Press, Chernicoff, 626pp) * HyperTalk Programming - "Includes version 1.1" (Shafer, 1988, 546pp) * Sybex Using the Macintosh Toolbox with C - Takatsuka, Huxham, Burnard (1986, 559pp) * Symantec C++ Visual Architect and THINK Class Library Guide (1022pp) * Symantec THINK C v6 User's Guide (832pp) * Symantec C++ v6 C++ Compiler Guide (100pp) * Symantec THINK C v6 Class Library Guide (1993, 568pp) * Symantec THINK C ...

Mac App Store giving away pay apps for free
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/07/app_store_receipt_fail/ <quotes> Security oversights mean that many of the applications in Apple's newly launched Mac App Store can easily be obtained without payment. A significant number of developers have disregarded Apple's advice on validating App Store receipts before making their software available through the store. As a result, many applications can be pirated. Applications bought through the store can be modified to run by any Apple user (not just restricted to a specific Apple ID, prompting users to log into a...

Big sale on macs
If sales bog down - HAVE A SALE!!!! http://www.appleinsider.com/ On Dec 5, 11:46 am, "zara" <stripersw...@verizon.net> wrote: > If sales bog down - HAVE A SALE!!!! > > http://www.appleinsider.com/ Apple Mac mini MA608LL/A (1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive) Other products by Apple Price: $899.00 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FMV1BK/reality?creative=3D327641&= camp=3D14573&adid=3D128XSM53WNW0A9F53NZW&link_code=3Das1 Subtotal $599.00 Estimated Ship: Within 24 hours Free Shipping Next business day deliv...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68aj...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Mac advocacy.
http://www.comics.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid20366165 050118.gif Andy In article <Xns9600A587AF753nospmnowherecom@216.196.97.136>, Andy <nospm@nowhere.com> wrote: > http://www.comics.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid20366165 > 050118.gif Indeed, the Maccies in this group often get people like that guy in here advocating Windows. :) -- Sandman[.net] ...

Mac to mac

To Mac or not to Mac?

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

First is was iPods, now it's Macs! Mac Advocacy
http://tinyurl.com/6sawx Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids are buying a lot of Macs because of the iPod along with the fact that Mac Laptops are cheaper than their Dell cousins. Seems the college crowd is providing the Mac Advocacy. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do knowing he will get nothing in return" In article <jpolaski-CC78AF.11530722092004@netnews.comcast.net>, Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOSpaMync.net> wrote: > http://tinyurl.com/6sawx > > Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids ...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Mac advocacy...
....but I'm sure there are some here who will tell me why it's all wrong. "Last week's column on pondering a new PC, and the possibility of throwing over Windows for Apple, brought in a tidal wave of forum posts and email -- and more evidence that the consumer-PC market is turning in Apple's favor. Email after email came from people who had recently switched from Windows to Macs, or were planning to do so once OS X 10.5 -- alias Leopard -- comes out next month. (By the way, why not stick with the working names for operating systems? They're always cooler.) And ...

How about some more Mac advocacy
http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, deployments should be carefully planned�the embedded LOM may necessitate an additional Ethernet card under some circumstances, and anyone upgrading from a PowerPC-based model should study their power and cooling infrastructure before upgrading." http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=EW4DUWCW 3IS4WQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=206902894&subSecti...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

mac advocacy
unmoderated group comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc passes 478:13 comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc results - 491 valid votes Yes No : 2/3? >100? : Pass? : Group ---- ---- : ---- ----- : ----- : ------------------------------------------- 478 13 : Yes Yes : Yes : comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc 2 abstaining votes and 1 invalid vote For group passage, YES votes must be at least 2/3 of all valid (YES and NO) votes. There also must be at least 100 more YES votes than NO votes. There is a five day discussion period after these results are posted. If no serious allegations of voting irregularities are raised, the moderator of news.announce.newgroups will create the group shortly thereafter. Newsgroups line: comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc OpenDoc and its related technologies. Voting closed on 23:59:59 UTC, 3 Oct 1995. This vote was conducted by a neutral third party. Questions about the proposed group should be directed to the proponent. Proponent: Jonathan Zamick <Jonath...@consensus.com> Votetaker: Jan Isley <j...@bagend.atl.ga.us> RATIONALE: comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc Currently a majority of the public discussion about the OpenDoc related technologies takes place on a mailing list on the CI Labs server. The traffic on just the CI Labs lists, as well as their membership have continued to balloon in size, leading to the need for a common forum. In addition, components and component tec...

[News] [SOT] China Keeps Citizens Away from Information, Britain Gives Citizen Information Away
China limits providers of Internet video ,----[ Quote ] | China has decided to restrict the broadcasting of Internet videos — including | those posted on video-sharing Web sites — to sites run by state-controlled | companies and require providers to report questionable content to the | government. `---- http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5icR8HXvp5Ke6b1AVqREmk_chVWYAD8TUC7PO0 MPs call for stronger data protection laws ,----[ Quote ] | In conclusion, the select committee made three points: "There is evidence of | a widespread problem within government relating to establishing sys...

Help! iSync mac to mac

TT030 to give away
I still have a TT with tower case, other Atari hardware like syquest and floppy external drive, together with a dozen of Mac LCs, Quadra 800 Performa and so on. I am in Italy, so I think nobody would come here this old stuff, but I already found some italian retrocomputerist that will come take all way, btw I write here in case there is anybody really interested in anything before it's too late. Long life to ST and TT ^__^ FamilyNet International Newsgate > From: "Mike De Petris" <mikedepetris@gmail.com> > I still have a TT with tower case, other Atari hardware like syquest and > floppy external drive, together with a dozen of Mac LCs, Quadra 800 Performa > and so on. > I am in Italy, so I think nobody would come here this old stuff, but I > already found some italian retrocomputerist that will come take all way, btw > I write here in case there is anybody really interested in anything before > it's too late. > Long life to ST and TT ^__^ So the TT030 has a home? :) If not, write me at drclu@swbell.net and maybe we can work something out. Doc Clu (Currently trying to get a TT030 up and running for Jaguar development... my goal for this year.) FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail http://www.familynet-international.org I'd pay for it's shipping to me on the first of the month. -- There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the u...

Duplicates to Give-Away...
Fellow HP3000 Enthusiasts: We're in the process of de-duping our extensive library so as to make room for additional material. As such, before we toss some of the material I thought I'd post a list of it periodically to see if anyone is interested before it's placed in the dumpster/recycle. The only cost to you is to pay (in advance please) for the shipping. The first list of duplicate material available on first-come/first-serve basis includes: Interex Proceedings: Detroit'1986 1 set Las Vegas'1987 ...

Web resources about - Giving them away... - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Golden State Warriors Vs. Los Angeles Lakers Live Stream: Final Kobe Bryant Game Against Newest NBA Powerhouse ...
The NBA Champion Golden State Warriors, in the midst of a potentially historic season, visit Los Angeles Sunday to face the Lakers, and fans ...

Nate Diaz says weight played no role in UFC 196 victory over Conor McGregor
MMAjunkie.com Nate Diaz says weight played no role in UFC 196 victory over Conor McGregor MMAjunkie.com LAS VEGAS – Nate Diaz said his victory ...

OJ Simpson: Conflicting Reports Emerge about Whether Knife Found Buried at Rockingham Estate Could be ...
More than two decades after the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, it was revealed that a knife was discovered on the former ...

Lena Dunham Undergoes Surgery For Ruptured Ovarian Cyst
The Girls star and creator many love has been hospitalized for a ruptured ovarian cyst. Lena Dunham is an icon in our generation. Known for ...

Scientists discover 'ghostlike' octopus that appears to belong to a previously unknown species
National Geographic Scientists discover 'ghostlike' octopus that appears to belong to a previously unknown species Economic Times WASHINGTON: ...

Darlene Saddler, Brian Landry: ‘Unusual Suspects’ To Air Orange County, California, Murder Case
Darlene Saddler, the mother who was found dead in her home from gunshot wounds eight years ago, will be the next intriguing case to air on ID’s ...

'Prince of Tides' author Pat Conroy lauded after death at 70
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Author Pat Conroy, whose beloved works "The Great Santini" and "The Prince of Tides" are set against the vistas of the ...

Amazon to restore encryption to Fire tablets after complaints
Amazon.com Inc. said it plans to restore an encryption feature on its Fire tablets after customers and privacy advocates criticized the company ...

Governor calls on Greece to declare state of emergency
Greece needs to deliver quickly on its promise to provide accommodation for 50,000 refugees and the European Union should help Athens with this ...

Goodbye Joey Feek–Family, Friends, And Celebrities Pay Tribute To The Country Star–Her Final Days Remembered ...
Joey Feek embraced that her time on this earth was limited, spent her last few months with those who loved her.The 40-year-old country star wasn’t ...