Guesses as to what the new iMac will look like.

I was asked by someone what I thought the new iMac would look like... well,
it is just a guess and about 5-10 minutes of playing with images, but here
it is: <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/new_imac.jpg>.

Of course, that is not a full aluminum enclosure, but that is so 2006... and
the iPhone image was an easy one to find and manipulate.  :)

Oh, and before someone says I ripped off the idea - yeah, I think I saw
something similar somewhere else, but I could not quickly find it when
talking about guesses as to what it might look like.  :)

--
God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

0
CSMA2 (14734)

In article <C2DD5EF2.8A578%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>,
 Snit <CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> I was asked by someone what I thought the new iMac would look like... well,
> it is just a guess and about 5-10 minutes of playing with images, but here
> it is: <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/new_imac.jpg>.
>
> Of course, that is not a full aluminum enclosure, but that is so 2006... and
> the iPhone image was an easy one to find and manipulate.  :)
>
> Oh, and before someone says I ripped off the idea - yeah, I think I saw
> something similar somewhere else, but I could not quickly find it when
> talking about guesses as to what it might look like.  :)

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-d_CHY92Aw

For the record, I don't think Apple would go with the hardare design
of a cell phone and use it for an entire display. It just seems
awkward.

But brushed aluminum? Hmmm, I don't know. It's their pro line.

--
Sandman[.net]
0

> In article <C2DD5EF2.8A578%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>,
>  Snit <CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> I was asked by someone what I thought the new iMac would look like... well,
>> it is just a guess and about 5-10 minutes of playing with images, but here
>> it is: <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/new_imac.jpg>.
>>
>> Of course, that is not a full aluminum enclosure, but that is so 2006... and
>> the iPhone image was an easy one to find and manipulate.  :)
>>
>> Oh, and before someone says I ripped off the idea - yeah, I think I saw
>> something similar somewhere else, but I could not quickly find it when
>> talking about guesses as to what it might look like.  :)
>
> Here it is:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-d_CHY92Aw
>
> For the record, I don't think Apple would go with the hardare design
> of a cell phone and use it for an entire display. It just seems
> awkward.
>
> But brushed aluminum? Hmmm, I don't know. It's their pro line.

On my mock up the border does not look particularly good - it is too thick.
I like the one you pointed to - better border and the stand is better.
Maybe Apple would go more with this image (which I am guessing, along with
all known humanity, is a fake):
<http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0807/06/new_imac.php>

The only thing that makes me think there is *any* chance of that being true
is the screen shot has both the new "sidewalk" divider in the dock and the
darker menu icons... or so it seems from the blurry image.  Also seems if
someone wanted to just do a quick Photoshop they would not have moved the
ports... still... if I had to bet my money would be on it being a fake.

--
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

0
CSMA2 (14734)
8/7/2007 7:19:48 AM
In article <C2DD6B24.8A58D%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>,
 Snit <CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> stated in post
> mr-D94642.09014607082007@News.Individual.NET on 8/7/07 12:01 AM:
>
> > In article <C2DD5EF2.8A578%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> >  Snit <CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I was asked by someone what I thought the new iMac would look like...
> >> well,
> >> it is just a guess and about 5-10 minutes of playing with images, but here
> >> it is: <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/new_imac.jpg>.
> >>
> >> Of course, that is not a full aluminum enclosure, but that is so 2006...
> >> and
> >> the iPhone image was an easy one to find and manipulate.  :)
> >>
> >> Oh, and before someone says I ripped off the idea - yeah, I think I saw
> >> something similar somewhere else, but I could not quickly find it when
> >> talking about guesses as to what it might look like.  :)
> >
> > Here it is:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-d_CHY92Aw
> >
> > For the record, I don't think Apple would go with the hardare design
> > of a cell phone and use it for an entire display. It just seems
> > awkward.
> >
> > But brushed aluminum? Hmmm, I don't know. It's their pro line.
> >
> On my mock up the border does not look particularly good - it is too thick.
> I like the one you pointed to - better border and the stand is better.
> Maybe Apple would go more with this image (which I am guessing, along with
> all known humanity, is a fake):
> <http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0807/06/new_imac.php>
>
> The only thing that makes me think there is *any* chance of that being true
> is the screen shot has both the new "sidewalk" divider in the dock and the
> darker menu icons... or so it seems from the blurry image.  Also seems if
> someone wanted to just do a quick Photoshop they would not have moved the
> ports... still... if I had to bet my money would be on it being a fake.

Hmmm, yeah... I've seen it. I dunno... We'll see :)

--
Sandman[.net]
0

What Will The Future Look Like? WAS: Where Will The Future Look Like?
Now that is an interesting question. Consider that 20 years ago the Mac had just been launched, color monitors were the exception, and there were no networks to speak of, much less the Internet. Single process CPUs ran 16 bit code at 20-30 mhz, a megabyte was all the ram you needed, and 40 mb hard drives were state of the art technology. Modems ran at a blazing 14.4 speed, and the floppy disk was the standard for file transfer. Twenty years from now? Information will be everywhere. Books in libraries will be as obsolete as the horse and buggy. The entire accumulated knowledge of mankind ...

[News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Called Lin-X Looks Just Like Mac OS X

Seems like MSNBC likes the new Mac Pro towers
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14553650/ -- Regards, JimP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" In article <jpolaski-9E874E.17582529082006@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOSPMync.net> wrote: > http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14553650/ > Mac Pro: The ultimate in desktop computing > Apple's Mac Pro is a super-speedy, souped-up desktop > > The Mac Pro is a beautiful machine - inside and out. > > By Gary Krakow > Columnist > MSNBC > Updated: 12:44 a.m. ET Aug 29, 2006 Thi...

Craigslist: If geeks searched for new iMacs like women searched for new boyfriends
I'm looking to met a new iMac that I can connect with and enjoy. I'm looking for a new iMac that wants a Long Lasting Relationship that will be there through good times and bad times. I'm looking for a new iMac that will tell me what I need and want. A new iMac who reciprocates my feelings and appreciates me for the computer-geek I am. An iMac that appreciates romantic and spontaneous action. An iMac that has a two button mouse and right clicks. I long for an iMac that is my biggest supporter and accepts me for who I am. I am a realist at heart and know that computers can be expensive and temperamental. I will buy Lepoard, CS2, eyeTV and ProCare for you: my new iMac. I've had bad experiences with PCs. So please, Vista won't be installed as a virtual machine. Send a clear picture of yourself, yes, you, my new iMac. Try to be understanding. ..... Here's the real life corresponding craigslist post: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/w4m/406382884.html ...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Looking for a new mac
I know, this isn't the group that is best. But I know lots of you here and respect some of your opinions. My single-processor Powermac G5 is about to get replaced. I think the HD controller is flaking out and it isn't worth fixing, imo. I don't need the power nor the space it takes up. For you windows types, no replies are necessary. I don't know or care if Vista will give good sex or do heavy computations better. I like OSX and will stick with it. It also doesn't run Garageband, iLife or iWork. And for you Pystar fans... Well, I don't pirate software, why would I want to support Pystar? Frankly they don't bring anything to the table I want. The choices are another Mini or an iMac. Frankly, everything I do can be done on the Mini just fine. I mostly mess with music stuff. Garageband, Band-in-a-box and Audacity and maybe a few others. I've got external HDs out the wazoo, so HD space isn't an issue. BUT, the mini HD is a bit on the slow side. So for the mini, would an external FireWire drive be quicker overall as a boot device instead of using the internal drive? I don't have one set up to boot the mini right now or I would just test it and find out. An iMac is attractive, but then I have a few monitors to either try to sell or pitch. Selling is nearly impossible and pitching even more so with all the rules these days. I have a nice 21" widescreen LCD TV I've been using with the G5 and though...

For Sale in New York: Like new Toshiba M30 1.4ghz CENTRINO DVD/CDrw like new warrantied
Hi, Sorry for the advert, but I need to make rent this month. I am selling a pristine, just serviced, 1.4ghz Centrino 512 ram 60 gig hd, DVD/CDRW, 32 megs of ati 9200 Vram, it is running in perfect shape and I can hand-deliver to anywhere in the Tri-state area (NYC and surrounding). Call me at eight four five three nine nine eight five oh eight or e-mail. My current asking price is $900, but I am more than willing to negotitate, barter for a new model Powerbook G4 12" or MiniDV cam (*salivates*) or take a look at whatever other electronics or music equipment/instruments you'd like to trade. This is a great computer for students, I've barely even used the battery. Only turned on a few dozen times. Louis Burgh ...

Looks like I guessed correctly...
Some time ago, when using the emulator SimSystem IIe, I noticed some familiar quirks. The ROM code looks quite similar to the dump of the Laser 128 ROM as MESS uses, and I've been able to actually cajole MESS into booting from the SimSystem ROM by appropriately concatenating the files. http://1.buric.co/simiiemess.png * 256 bytes of dead space * DIAG.ROM * MONITOR.ROM * 256 more bytes of dead space * SLOT.ROM * EXP.ROM There's your laser128.256... -uso. ...

Where Will The Future Look Like?
What do you think the future of the Macintosh world will look like? What manifestation do you think the next generation Macs and Mac operating system will take? Just a little something I was pondering... On 2005-05-26 23:44:52 -0400, Justin <jclapp@clarku.edu> said: > What do you think the future of the Macintosh world will look like? > What manifestation do you think the next generation Macs and Mac > operating system will take? Just a little something I was pondering... Pardon me, the title should have been WHAT will the future look like On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:44:52 ...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA <-=meak=-@ammy.com.invalid> wrote in message news:BBtmb.41799$h47.2252@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA > > How far did you get ? Post up your own attempt to do this and then we will point out where you are going wrong. I will give you a starter :- Write an agent in script ...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA Off the top of my head with no testing: Create an agent. Run from Actions Menu. Sub Initialize Dim ns As New NotesSession Dim dbCurrent As NotesDatabase Dim docJunk As NotesDocument Dim SomeValue As Variant Dim x As Long Set dbCurrent = ns.CurrentDatabase For x = 1 To 500000 Set docJunk = dbCurrent.CreateDocument ' Set some fields on the document before saving it. Call docJunk.Replac...

Griffin Game inc is a Toy and Game company looking for investors that will be part of the Toy and Game Industry that is always there and looking for new products. Investors Wanted Individual Investo
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Griffin Game inc is a Toy and Game company looking for investors that will be part of the Toy and Game Industry that is always there and looking for new products. Investors Wanted Individual Investors wanted for the launch of a new Sci-Fi Product Line, On-line Game, and Entertainment Portal. More than one business model is in place and product line is manufactured. For a copy of the Executive Summary and more detailed information, please email griffingames@cogeco.ca ...

You can buy a diamond ring that looks like it would have a real stone in it for not much more than $30! Additionally, gold-plated necklaces and silver-plated necklaces will have the look of real gol
You can buy a diamond ring that looks like it would have a real stone in it for not much more than $30! Additionally, gold-plated necklaces and silver-plated necklaces will have the look of real gold and sterling silver necklaces! Needless to say, there are a whole bunch of different options when searching for fashion jewellery that you most likely will not have trouble finding something that you like! http://www.dojewelry.net These are the latest items we have brought back from the jewelry shows. This is an eclectic mix of high-end unique items and our standard fare Stainless Steel jewelry. http://www.dojewelry.net/New_Jewelry.html Huge selection of Stainless Steel Popular Pendants in Various designs are available at dojewelry.net. Please click the image to see more details. All of our stainless steel jewellry reflect the latest trends in the fashion industry, no matter what specific style you=92re looking to sell, we=92re confident you=92ll find the perfect trendy fashion jewelry to put in your store. http://www.dojewelry.net/Stainless_Steel_Popular_Pendants.htm Where do females wear this type of jewellery, though? Many women choose to wear fashion jewellery at various places that they go and some individuals choose to have a piece of fashion jewellery on whenever they step out their front door! But some popular events and places that women go to where they love to put on these types of fashion accessories include hip-hop clubs, dates, parties, as well as family events, hol...

"I am the happy owner of a Mac Book Pro, but I can't really justify purchasing a new Mac given the cost of a new Mac vs. a comparable PC."
http://ayende.com/Blog/archive/2010/02/11/suggestions-for-a-new-laptop.aspx Suggestions for a new laptop? Okay, the previous time I asked this question, I decided that buying a big desktop machine would be preferable, but I am currently traveling and I am pained at the speed of my current laptop. Therefore, I am going to need a new one. I am the happy owner of a Mac Book Pro, but I can't really justify purchasing a new Mac given the cost of a new Mac vs. a comparable PC. The Mac tax just doesn't pay for itself at those levels for me. Any recommendations? I want so...

This looks almost like a new datablade
http://www.fuzzyl.com/news/press-releases/fuzzy-logix-and-ibm-unveil-in-database-analytics-for-ibm-informix/ -- Cheers, Obnoxio The Clown http://obotheclown.blogspot.com I will now proceed to pleasure myself with this fish. ...

Here is what look like my new RWLock algorithm
Hello, Here is what look like my new RWLock algorithm and my SemaCondvar, they look like this music from Algeria, my grand mother is algerian and i am from Morocco and from a morrocan city near Algeria.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJV6KV4znek Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

New Mac user looking for info
Hi Longtime Wintel and *nix user and I finally got a Mac (15" PowerBook). I've had the system for a week now and I love it. Great UI and a solid BSD backend. Many fun months ahead of learning and exploring. What I'm looking for now is more information. Is this the best Mac usenet group? What are some good web sites for Mac related info? The only sites I know of for good Mac info are http://www.macslash.org - nice site, sparse info http://apple.slashdot.org - nice site, Slashdot http://www.macosxhints.com - good site What else are popular sites for info? BTW--I w...

What Will the PC of 2005 Look Like?
by Martyn Williams and Tom Krazit, IDG News Service Consumers thinking about buying a new computer in 2005 might be better off putting off their purchase until 2006. With few major changes in PC hardware or software due over the next year, the PC of 2005 is likely to look awfully similar to the PC of today. Big changes aren't due until 2006, when the Longhorn operating system from Microsoft, 64-bit applications, and optical drives based on the Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD formats will become available to the average user. Still, that doesn't mean there are no technologies worth looking out for if you do plan to upgrade in 2005. Chipping In: Intel and Advanced Micro Devices are expected to unveil dual-core chips -- which contain two processor cores on a single piece of silicon -- by the end of 2005, although they probably won't appear in mainstream PCs until well into 2006, says Stephen Baker, director of industry analysis at NPD Techworld in Reston, Virginia. Intel will likely boost the cache memory in its Pentium 4 processor and AMD is expected to increase the clock speed of its Athlon 64, but these changes will be incremental. A more substantial shift in processor performance, the move to 64-bit computing, probably also won't happen next year, even though Microsoft is expected to finally release a 64-bit version of Windows XP in early 2005. Bigger changes can be expected in chip sets, which handle the flow of communication be...

What the next machine will be like after iMac.
You want to wait for the next design for a machine to be made available before buying a new computer. What might the next machines be like?... What are the rumors about what the next mahines will be when the latest iMac now is considered passe?... This might be considered directed to Apple Computer users. "Don Saklad" <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> wrote in message news:y44u15gznud.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu... > You want to wait for the next design for a machine to be made available > before buying a new computer. What might the next machines be like?... > What are the rumo...

New iMacs, Mac Mini, MacBook
http://www.apple.com/ iMacs in 21.5 and 27" Minimum 3.06 Core2Duo Quad Core available Plus, new wireless multitouch "Magic Mouse" Dave Fritzinger wrote: > http://www.apple.com/ > iMacs in 21.5 and 27" > Minimum 3.06 Core2Duo > Quad Core available > Plus, new wireless multitouch "Magic Mouse" Awesome! In article <4f14b62c-eb2f-410d-a146-eec7cf6e6492@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, Dave Fritzinger <dfritzin@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.apple.com/ > iMacs in 21.5 and 27" > Minimum 3.06 Core2Duo > Quad Core available > Plus, new wireless multitouch "Magic Mouse" I want to see a review of the Magic Mouse. In particular, I hope it still has a mechanical button click mechanism. If just tapping the top surface a la tapping a trackpad is the mouse click, I would find that very irritating. -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -- 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM) 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS...

What's not to like about the new iMac?
1. No user RAM upgrade available in the 21.5" model. 2. 21.5" model has only 5400 RPM hard drives. 3. Can't upgrade processor in base models of either size (not new to this year's model, though) 4. 3TB drives available only on 27" model. 5. Can't upgrade graphics except on most expensive 27" model. 6. No analogue microphone input, unless built in to headset (and maybe that's restricted to the Apple iPhone headset). 7. Flash storage available only on 27" model 8. Only one drive bay. Available upgrades: $1299 model Magic Trac...

Install New iMac: Will This Work?
My wife's oldest iMac is a 17" late 2009. It's running the latest version of El Capitan with all apps up-to-date. She has just ordered the latest and greatest 27" iMac with all the high-end options, including the stump-pulling attachment. She has two bootable SuperDuper clones of her internal HD. Will cloning one of these to the new iMac work? Or might the new iMac require system elements that are missing from her older iMac in spite of the latest El Capitan--and end up unbootable? Plan B: Best way to run Migration Assistant? Ethernet? Thunderbolt (may the gods curse it)? Will Migration Assistant read from her bootable clone HD, or must it run from the old iMac? TIA! -- I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything that you will say in your entire life. usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm In article <240220162244303222%star@sky.net>, Davoud <star@sky.net> wrote: > My wife's oldest iMac is a 17" late 2009. It's running the latest > version of El Capitan with all apps up-to-date. She has just ordered > the latest and greatest 27" iMac with all the high-end options, > including the stump-pulling attachment. > > She has two bootable SuperDuper clones of her internal HD. Will cloning > one of these to the new iMac work? Or might the new iMac require system > elements that are missing from her older iMac in spite of the latest El > Capitan--and ...

Here is what look like my new RWLock algorithm
Hello, Here is what look like my new RWLock algorithm and my SemaCondvar, they look like this music from Algeria, my grand mother is algerian and i am from Morocco and from a morrocan city near Algeria.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJV6KV4znek Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

Web resources about - Guesses as to what the new iMac will look like. - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

McCain: 29 Guesses - YouTube
http://www.ProgressiveAccountability.org Ever wonder why John McCain wants to drill for oil off of our coasts so badly? It's not to help gas ...

I'm A Celebrity Get Me ... Out Of Here! casting guesses are way off, says Julia Morris
I'm A Celebrity Get Me ... Out Of Here! host Julia Morris promises a bigger surprise at launch, saying: 'I don't think I've seen hardly any names ...

Wheel of Fortune contestant guesses puzzle with single letter, sets record
One letter was all it took for a contestant to guess the early puzzle on America's Wheel of Fortune.

Back to the Future: What will the world look like 30 years from now? Four experts take their guesses
What do the experts think our world will look like 30 years from now?

Royal baby: Buzz building as world guesses at Kate's official due date
Telegraph.co.uk Royal baby: Buzz building as world guesses at Kate's official due date CTV News Media outlets from around the world have descended ...

Analyst Gene Munster guesses Watch pricing, thinks only 10,000 Editions will be sold in the first year ...
Spotted: Analyst guessing Apple Watch pricing. Analyst Gene Muster, from Piper Jaffray, has today posted a report with his predictions about ...

Cupertino's silent, but Apple Watch sales guesses continue
The numbers aren't in, but people are guessing anyways.

New algorithm guesses SSNs using date and place of birth
Two researchers have found that a pair of antifraud methods intended to …

Official: WRC crowns driver and manufacturer champs, any guesses who?
Filed under: Motorsports , Europe , Citroën , Racing Brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, for a shocking announcement: Sébastien Loeb has ...

Google Guesses: Mostly Wrong, Kinda Sexist, and Pretty Funny
Earlier this week, when Google announced it would be consolidating 60-some privacy policies into one simple form, the reaction from privacy wonks ...