IBM Hardware

Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.

0
zspook (2812)

In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
 "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote:

> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.

Zzzzzz.....
 "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote:

> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.

Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now.

--
Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous.
Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely great.
Jim Lee Jr. wrote:

> In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
>  "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>
> Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now.

Your post is off topic. Try: comp.os.os2.advocacy
0
antwun (1015)
4/19/2006 1:54:36 PM
zara wrote:

> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.

Can't get an IBM PC anymore.  My old IBM is 8 already.  Had to replace
the CPU fan, but it still works.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?
Jim Lee Jr. wrote:

> In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
>  "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>

> Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now.

IBM no longer selss OS/2.

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/

"Effective December 23, 2005, the products are withdrawn from marketing
and the product CDs will no longer be available."

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?
0
mist (19747)
4/20/2006 12:08:48 AM
zara wrote:
> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.

You are totally FULL OF SHIT.   I've owned IBM and Apple.   Apple design and
component quality is light years ahead of anything IBM has ever produced.
You continue to demonstrate your technical incompetence with each and every
post.

0
nospam21 (19047)
4/20/2006 3:08:44 AM
John wrote:

> zara wrote:
>> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>
> You are totally FULL OF SHIT.   I've owned IBM and Apple.   Apple design
> and component quality is light years ahead of anything IBM has ever
> produced.

Who do you think Apple was buying their CPUs from until the recent switch to
Intel, skippy? Plus, the components are the same stuff you get in any
generic PC. Think before you post, dim-bulb.
0
antwun (1015)
4/20/2006 3:19:34 AM
Jim Lee Jr. wrote:
> In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
>  "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>
> Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now.

See, this is why I call JLJr. a tool.

The title says "IBM Hardware" and then zara casts a line stating "is
better quality than Apple".

To which the dim bulb that is JLJr. retorts "What happened to OS/2?"

Hey Douche!!!!!  OS/2 is NOT HARDWARE.

You could have said, "what happened to microchannel" but you're too
stupid to come up with anything resembling a true well thought out
reply.

0
steve.travis (1413)
4/20/2006 3:25:46 AM
Stew wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> zara wrote:
>>> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>> You are totally FULL OF SHIT.   I've owned IBM and Apple.   Apple design
>> and component quality is light years ahead of anything IBM has ever
>> produced.
>
> Who do you think Apple was buying their CPUs from until the recent switch to
> Intel, skippy? Plus, the components are the same stuff you get in any
> generic PC. Think before you post, dim-bulb.

You have never actually owned Apple or even looked closely at one.
Like your blood brother Zara Zero you are obviously incompetent.
0
nospam21 (19047)
4/20/2006 12:01:15 PM
<steve.travis@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Jim Lee Jr. wrote:
>> In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
>>  "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>>
>> Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now.
>
> See, this is why I call JLJr. a tool.
>
> The title says "IBM Hardware" and then zara casts a line stating "is
> better quality than Apple".
>
> To which the dim bulb that is JLJr. retorts "What happened to OS/2?"
>
> Hey Douche!!!!!  OS/2 is NOT HARDWARE.
>
> You could have said, "what happened to microchannel" but you're too
> stupid to come up with anything resembling a true well thought out
> reply.

Hey! he has one redeeming quality -  On a slow day fishing for macfish, he
can ALWAYS be counted on to bite.

0
zspook (2812)
4/20/2006 12:55:43 PM
"John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> zara wrote:
>> Is and always was, of better quality than Apple.
>
> You are totally FULL OF SHIT.   I've owned IBM and Apple.   Apple design
> and component quality is light years ahead of anything IBM has ever
> produced. You continue to demonstrate your technical incompetence with
> each and every post.

Yeah - and you're full of shit -  I've owned them both also.

0
zspook (2812)
4/20/2006 12:56:29 PM
John wrote:

> Stew wrote:
>> John wrote:

>>> You are totally FULL OF SHIT.   I've owned IBM and Apple.   Apple design
>>> and component quality is light years ahead of anything IBM has ever
>>> produced.
>>
>> Who do you think Apple was buying their CPUs from until the recent switch
>> to Intel, skippy? Plus, the components are the same stuff you get in any
>> generic PC. Think before you post, dim-bulb.
>
> You have never actually owned Apple or even looked closely at one.
> Like your blood brother Zara Zero you are obviously incompetent.

Well, I'm posting this on one of the four Macs I've "never owned", can I go
back to my linux box now? Please... pretty please... with sugar on top.

Btw, I've had this particular G4 apart quite a few times and all the
components save the cpu and mobo are the same stuff you'd find in any PC.

Try again.
0
antwun (1015)

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

HDs for graphics
Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to. I've been working without a net for way too long and it's catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they have proven inadequate and too costly. It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either become out-dated or has been forgotten:( Problems that have been occurring: Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages, programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images.... crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch SLOWWWWW. I know it was a lack of space and/or virtual memory that prevented a program from being able to print to file. There was enough space for the file, but I don't think the print monitor (or whatever) had the space/memory to finish the job. When I made enough space on my system partition I was able to output low-res for distiller finally, but still can't output high-res (this was a large graphics file). Working with virtual memory on doesn't seem to help, and sometimes seems to hurt. I allocated more memory to Photoshop and Illustrator to help speed them up, but this only served to reduce my scratch disk space and I still got "not enough memory" errors. I have a G4 Yikes, 350 MHz, 832MB ram, w/10GB Quantum hard drive. I am WAY over partitioned (5). First, should I replace the original or add a second hard drive? My concern is the age of the original (1999...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68ajad > > From the article: > > In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D�pfner lists > four reasons for the change: > > Most of the company�s layout work was already being done on Macs > Macs are more user friendly than other computers > Apple creates the most elegant computers > Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the > past > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI It also said they'll be running OS X, Windows Vista and Windows XP on these machines, so basically they have just added an additonal OS to support. "Apple creates the most elegant computers". Wow, I'm glad he's not the CEO of my company. Steve In article <baidnd-wU5XcKPPVnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > Dave Fritzinger wrote: > > Here's a bit...

Mac advocacy...
....but I'm sure there are some here who will tell me why it's all wrong. "Last week's column on pondering a new PC, and the possibility of throwing over Windows for Apple, brought in a tidal wave of forum posts and email -- and more evidence that the consumer-PC market is turning in Apple's favor. Email after email came from people who had recently switched from Windows to Macs, or were planning to do so once OS X 10.5 -- alias Leopard -- comes out next month. (By the way, why not stick with the working names for operating systems? They're always cooler.) And many of those emails came from people who were longtime, dedicated Windows users, including engineering types who had resisted what they saw as Apple hype. (Another theme that emerged from my correspondence: Vista was the final straw for a number of Windows users. Microsoft has a problem on its hands there.) I know looking through an inbox is anecdotal evidence -- but there was an enormous amount of it, of which the letters below are a small sample. Yes, there was a reverse wave of folks suggesting Linux, building my own PC, or staying the course and getting a game console. But it was a small ripple against the tide. Thanks to everybody who wrote in with their experiences." <http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118953892743724082.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru= yahoo> I particularly liked this reader's comments: "W. Brennan Carley writes: I recently found myself in...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Hardware with Mac
I'm in the final stages of planning a move to Mac after using MSDOS/Windows computers since the early Intel 8088 days. If I make the switch it will be to either the desktop or portable dual core Mac. I've asked in another forum about the software I might need and wonder about printers, scanners etc. I use a Canon miltifunction and don't see anything on the CD about a Mac OS so I'm assuming I'll need a new printer/scanner etc. I've always like HP and I know they make several models...are any of them Mac operational? If not, is there a multi function un...

Mac to mac

To Mac or not to Mac?

Navbar corrupts in Mac-IE5 but not in IBM-IE5 or in Mac-Safari
www.brilley.co.uk/TestMenusMac.asp demonstrates the problem. The pop-up menus are normally positioned off the screen. I've moved them onto the screen to see what's happening. Two problems. The first, the pop-menu corrupts as soon as you roll over the NavBar. The second, the two buttons in the NavBar, Home and Register, should be separated using top=10 in the <td> of the Navbar table. It appears to operate as one button instead of two since the pop-up menu aligns with Home whether you roll over Home or Register. This all works fine in IBM-IE5 and, I am told, in Mac-S...

First is was iPods, now it's Macs! Mac Advocacy
http://tinyurl.com/6sawx Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids are buying a lot of Macs because of the iPod along with the fact that Mac Laptops are cheaper than their Dell cousins. Seems the college crowd is providing the Mac Advocacy. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do knowing he will get nothing in return" In article <jpolaski-CC78AF.11530722092004@netnews.comcast.net>, Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOSpaMync.net> wrote: > http://tinyurl.com/6sawx > > Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Mac advocacy.
http://www.comics.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid20366165 050118.gif Andy In article <Xns9600A587AF753nospmnowherecom@216.196.97.136>, Andy <nospm@nowhere.com> wrote: > http://www.comics.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid20366165 > 050118.gif Indeed, the Maccies in this group often get people like that guy in here advocating Windows. :) -- Sandman[.net] ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Navbar corrupts in Mac-IE5 but not in IBM-IE5 or in Mac-Safari
www.brilley.co.uk/TestMenusMac.asp demonstrates the problem. The pop-up menus are normally positioned off the screen. I've moved them onto the screen to see what's happening. Two problems. The first, the pop-menu corrupts as soon as you roll over the NavBar. The second, the two buttons in the NavBar, Home and Register, should be separated using top=10 in the <td> of the Navbar table. It appears to operate as one button instead of two since the pop-up menu aligns with Home whether you roll over Home or Register. This all works fine in IBM-IE5 and, I am told, in Mac-S...

WTT: C64 and Mac Hardware for Amiga, Mac, or PC HW:
Due to a lack of space in my apartment I am selling all my C64 equipment. All of this equipment works and has been tested. I would like to trade it for either Some Amiga, PC or Mac HW. Commodore Commodore C1581 Commodore C64 Commodore C64C Commodore C1702 Commodore C1541 II Commodore C1670 Modem Supra Sonic 14.4K Modem X 3 Mac Stuff Power Mac 7200 Upgraded with PM7600 Motherboard A NewerTech G3-275MHZ PCI Processor card 178MB RAM 1.2GB SCSI HD with OS9.1 installed. 9GB SCSI HD with OS X, 10.2.8 installed(Yes really!) CD-ROM Drive, its either or 6X or 16X, I forget which. 4MB ATI Videocard ...

mac advocacy
unmoderated group comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc passes 478:13 comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc results - 491 valid votes Yes No : 2/3? >100? : Pass? : Group ---- ---- : ---- ----- : ----- : ------------------------------------------- 478 13 : Yes Yes : Yes : comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc 2 abstaining votes and 1 invalid vote For group passage, YES votes must be at least 2/3 of all valid (YES and NO) votes. There also must be at least 100 more YES votes than NO votes. There is a five day discussion period after these results are posted. If no serious allegations of voting irregularities are raised, the moderator of news.announce.newgroups will create the group shortly thereafter. Newsgroups line: comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc OpenDoc and its related technologies. Voting closed on 23:59:59 UTC, 3 Oct 1995. This vote was conducted by a neutral third party. Questions about the proposed group should be directed to the proponent. Proponent: Jonathan Zamick <Jonath...@consensus.com> Votetaker: Jan Isley <j...@bagend.atl.ga.us> RATIONALE: comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc Currently a majority of the public discussion about the OpenDoc related technologies takes place on a mailing list on the CI Labs server. The traffic on just the CI Labs lists, as well as their membership have continued to balloon in size, leading to the need for a common forum. In addition, components and component tec...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

How about some more Mac advocacy
http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, deployments should be carefully planned�the embedded LOM may necessitate an additional Ethernet card under some circumstances, and anyone upgrading from a PowerPC-based model should study their power and cooling infrastructure before upgrading." http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=EW4DUWCW 3IS4WQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=206902894&subSection=News or, http://tinyurl.com/325q29 "We've tested the Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, the iMac, the Mac Mini, and the XServe. There's not a bad Apple among the bunch, and some are truly superb." And, finally, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2278136,00.asp "This 3.1 release also marks the first non-beta release of the software for Windows, and though some have rightly questioned Apple's practice of piggybacking the Safari installer along with iTunes updates for Windows systems, it's a piece of software that merits your consideration." -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI David Fritzinger wrote: > http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html > "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server > with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, > de...

Transferring hardware from Mac to Mac, reactivating OS X not necessary
I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred the four hard drives, the CompUSA 5 port USB 2 card and the Sonnett Tempo ATA133 IDE card from the Sawtooth to the Quicksilver. The QS booted without issues, the hardware showed up properly in System Proflier, and I am able to access the Web, newsgroups and email. The only thing I had to re enter was the Drive Genius serial. And most important, I did not have to reactivate Tiger. I wonder why, Wintrolls. Just one more reason OS X is superior to Windoze. Chance Furlong wrote: > I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred the four > hard drives, the CompUSA 5 port USB 2 card and the Sonnett Tempo ATA133 > IDE card from the Sawtooth to the Quicksilver. > > The QS booted without issues, the hardware showed up properly in System > Proflier, and I am able to access the Web, newsgroups and email. > > The only thing I had to re enter was the Drive Genius serial. > > And most important, I did not have to reactivate Tiger. > > I wonder why, Wintrolls. > > Just one more reason OS X is superior to Windoze. I guess you don't use iTunes and thus didn't have to deal with de-authorizing and re-authorizing? Steve In article <Db6dnUuD3IftuQnVnZ2dnUVZ_szinZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > Chance Furlong wrote: > > I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred t...

Mac Hardware
I have been told by someone in the computer sales and service business that Mac hard drives are Maxtor drives with Apple lables - Maxtor is the crappiest you can find. zara wrote: > I have been told by someone in the computer sales and service business that > Mac hard drives are Maxtor drives with Apple lables - Maxtor is the > crappiest you can find. And your friend is pretty stupid. My G5 has Seagates. Richard -- RichardK - 1980s in a can. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music/ Retro computing - http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/ Cars - 2004 Beetle Cabrio, 1989 Supra ...

Mac tablet builder comments on Mac OS X for generic hardware
Not an amazing article, but the end summarizes one perspective nicely: http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=36&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=73&tx_ttnews[ backPid]=2&cHash=6497edc900 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:04:40 -1000, Mitch <mitch@hawaii.rr> chose to bless us with the following wisdom: >Not an amazing article, but the end summarizes one perspective nicely: > >http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=36&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=73&tx_ttnews[ >backPid]=2&cHash=6497edc900 (Insert Polaski whining about not using TinyURL here.) -- "A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." Al Gore Bill Clinton became eligible for reinstatement to the bar on January 19,2006 after losing his law license in 2001 for comitting perjury. In article <65dkv2h7o3o2n7501gnhtr39mv93qukld6@4ax.com>, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com> wrote: > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:04:40 -1000, Mitch <mitch@hawaii.rr> chose to > bless us with the following wisdom: > > >Not an amazing article, but the end summarizes one perspective nicely: > > > >http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=36&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=73&tx_ttnews[ > >backPid]=2&cHash=6497edc900 > > (Insert Polaski whining about not using TinyURL here.) Oh, look: Clyde had nothing useful to add to the thread, so he decided on an non-germane attack instead! Great advocacy there,...

"Every Mac we buy is making and saving IBM money"
Wasn't IBM supposed to switch to Linux desktops for their employees several years ago? <quote> 'Every Mac we buy is making and saving IBM money' - IBM Satisfaction everywhere Previn said. Historically, there has also been long-term demand from employees who've wanted to use Macs at IBM."This is something people want, it makes them happier and makes them more productive," he said. IBM now has 130,000 Mac and iOS devices deployed and is adding an additional 1,900 Macs each week, using Apple's Device Enrolment Program to facilitate the pr...

Web resources about - IBM Hardware - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Graphics hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
integrated and dedicated. An integrated graphics card, usually by Intel for use in their computers, is bound to the motherboard and shares RAM ...

Ace Hardware Debuts First Work from O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul
The new campaign features its friendly, stick-in-your-head jingle "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folks," and includes real Ace store ...

Facebook launches project to open source hardware, designs for cell networks
... Cal Berkeley's TIER center. Facebook wants to spur the further spread of cellular networks to isolated communities through open source hardware ...

Xiaomi's new Mi 5 offers flagship hardware at an affordable price
... lot of money to get your hands on a flagship smartphone. Its new Mi 5, which is the successor to the popular Mi 4, offers top of the line hardware ...

Xbox One hardware upgrades could extend the life of Microsoft’s console
For decades, the video game console has been a transient purchase. From the moment you set up an Atari or an NES or a PlayStation in your living ...

Cisco Systems, Inc Joins Hands With Ericsson, Intel for 5G Routers - BidnessEtc - Hardware - By Martin ...
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) has announced that it will work with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) to make the ...

Why hardware vendors need to sell Google and Facebook lousier products if they want to survive
Last month, Google's VP of Infrastructure made an unusual request to computer hardware manufacturers: build hard drives that are less reliable. ...

Why Restoration Hardware fell short
It's now common for US companies to concoct ever more fanciful excuses for missing profit targets. Breakingviews reports.

Xbox One could be getting hardware upgrades
... Showcase and the head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, dropped some hints about the Xbox One's future. "You'll actually see us come out with new hardware ...

KnowRoaming's money-saving sticker SIM goes hardware-free
KnowRoaming's magical SIM sticker auto-detected when your phone was working outside its home territory, switching to local carriers and saving ...