iPad-Apps up 185% at app store after Jan. unveiling.

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up
-185-post-ipad/

The app store will drive the iPad.

C'mon wintwinkies, have at it...and bring out all the alternatives and
how much better they are...
0
Mike

In article <mike-13B28C.00595116032010@news.newsguy.com>,
 Mike <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote:

> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up
> -185-post-ipad/
>
> The app store will drive the iPad.
>
> Come on, Wintwinkies, have at it, and bring out all the alternatives and
> how much better they are.

They will bust their nuts trying.
0
Chance
3/16/2010 6:27:51 AM
In article <T-Bone-74E20D.01275016032010@news.giganews.com>,
 Chance Furlong <T-Bone@megakatcity.com> wrote:

> In article <mike-13B28C.00595116032010@news.newsguy.com>,
>  Mike <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote:
>
> > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up
> > -185-post-ipad/
> >
> > The app store will drive the iPad.
> >
> > Come on, Wintwinkies, have at it, and bring out all the alternatives and
> > how much better they are.
>
> They will bust their nuts trying.

baboon-girlie-zarathingy-no nuts doesn't have any to bust!
0
Mike

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." &quo...

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, s...

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > fi...

App Store.app
I just updated to 10.6.6, and was playing with the App Store.app. I wanted to DL a couple of the free apps, but discovered that to DL _anything_, you need to register a credit card. Since I dislike leaving any credit card info in any vendor's database, I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this part of the registration process, entering your credit card info ONLY when needed to make a specific purchase. -- iMac (27", 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) � OS X (10.6.6) On 28/01/11 17:29, Nick Naym wrote: > I just updated to 10.6.6, and was playing with ...

Hovsepian: Apps! Apps! Apps!
Novell CEO: Apps Are Job No. 1 for Linux http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=021001VE8HV3 <<< In order for Linux to grow into the computing mainstream, the open- source OS needs more applications and a standardized approach to software certification, Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian said in his keynote Wednesday at the LinuxWorld conference and trade show in San Francisco. "The No. 1 thing that we need on Linux is applications," he said. "Whether we like it or not, the application is what drives the final customer decision," he added. >>> John Bail...

Mac App Store giving away pay apps for free
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/07/app_store_receipt_fail/ <quotes> Security oversights mean that many of the applications in Apple's newly launched Mac App Store can easily be obtained without payment. A significant number of developers have disregarded Apple's advice on validating App Store receipts before making their software available through the store. As a result, many applications can be pirated. Applications bought through the store can be modified to run by any Apple user (not just restricted to a specific Apple ID, prompting users to log into a...

Apple: an 'App Store' Is Not a Store For Apps
<http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is-Not-a-Store-For-Apps> <quote> "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday filing with a California district court. All this notwithstanding that Jobs himself used the phrase generically while r...

Reviewing Apps at the App Store
I do not own an iOS device, so I'm talking about the Mac App Store here. However iOS users may have similar experiences so read on. One week ago I downloaded the free miDVD app from the Mac App Store. It's a very, very bare-bones DVD creator, and I was pretty sure of its limitations from the get-go. After a couple of days I wrote a short lukewarm review of the app and posted it to the App Store. I compared it with similar free and payware products including iDVD, mentioning the fact the iLife '09 is still available at that "jungle-themed" online retailer...

How to set iPad "App Store" to only search FREE apps & in more than one category?
I only install free applications that "do something" useful. That is, I never install "entertainment" apps, nor "games", nor "kid stuff" nor anything in the "newstand" category. So, all I want to do is set the "App Store" to search only for free apps in the five useful categories: 1. Business 2. Navigation 3. Photo & Video 4. Productivity 5. Utilities My problem is that I can't seem to manually select more than a single category, and, every time I limit the search to "free" apps only, the next tim...

Mac
Hi, I have written a service to launch our wxWidgets Application when the user selects the menu item in the Services menu. The wxWidgets Application is configured to accept command line parameters when starting from the terminal window. I am launching the wxWidgets Application using Mac Launch Services call LSOpenFromURLSpec. I created an apple event descriptor (AEDesc) and added the parameters to pass into the AEDesc for the launch spec. This is not working, the application will launch but the parameters are ignored. Do I need to add an impementation in the wxMyApp::MacOpenFile to...

Using the app app at the Apple store
I've read several times about the ability to take my iPhone to the apple store, point my phone at some product, and have the app store app purchase it, so I can walk out with the product without talking to anybody. I thought it was a neat idea, and think I should do it once. I opened my app store and didn't see any indicator on how to do this, so I Googled to find instructions on how to do it - without success. Anybody have a link that explains the details on how to do this? In article <m8noo7tceustpebboj2r7cc4c23f7m139m@4ax.com>, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee....

App Store app -- already have downloads
I opened the app and looked for things I needed to download. It gave me two things I had downloaded a couple of weeks ago. How do I get rid of this old information? Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com> wrote: > I opened the app and looked for things I needed to download. It gave me > two things I had downloaded a couple of weeks ago. How do I get rid of > this old information? No answer. Related query. ITunes on my laptop tells me there's an app waiting somewhere, but it never downloads to either laptop or iPad. Weirdness. -- Erilar, biblioholic medievalist ...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Is the Mac App Store down?
Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App, nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out if it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem? On 2014.05.04, 13:36 , Skylamar wrote: > Okay, I rebooted my Mac and thankfully the Mac App Store app is working= > again. What model Mac and OS v.? --=20 "Big data can reduce anything to a single number, but you shouldn=92t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude." -Gary Marcus and Ernest Davis, NYT, 2014.04.07 Skylamar <nothingtoseehere@movealong.net> wrote: > Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App, > nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out if > it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem? Working fine for me (in New Zealand). If it isn't specific to your computer, it might be a localised problem for the node closest to you on the distributed network Apple uses (Akamai). -- David Empson dempson@actrix.gen.nz On 2014.05.04, 04:46 , Skylamar wrote: > Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App, > nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out if= > it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem?= No issues here (Montreal @ 12:48 UTC). --=20 "Big data can reduce anything...

Mac App Store
This is an interesting read: <http://www.marco.org/1432156914> > Today’s market for Mac software isn’t going anywhere. People will > continue to find (or not find) traditional apps in the traditional > ways, and will continue to buy (or not buy) them in retail stores and > from the vendors’ websites at about the same rates. In fact, as the > Mac’s marketshare grows, this market will continue to grow with it. > But a huge new market is about to open next door. And yes, it’ll > probably be dominated by Angry Birds and other inexpensive, often > trivia...

The Mac App Store
to open on January 6... http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html SK. Paw <213sk@accessforall.invalid> wrote: > to open on January 6... > > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html > > SK. *yawn* Still, I suppose it's helpful for Mac newbies and devs who aren't happy with any kagi and *shudder* paypal, etc. -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. In article <1jtmval.14ld5q1i5h1qyN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrot...

Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac is available on Mac App Store
Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac is now available on Mac App Store with discount price $39.99. It is a creative DVD Video and DVD photo slide show application. It can convert videos to DVDs from popular videos like AVI, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, etc. with 90+ preset free DVD menu templates. Besides, this DVD creator allows you to make slideshows and edit videos such as trim, crop, rotate videos, add watermarks, etc. Top Key Features: 1. Burn All Regular Video Formats to DVD. It can burn all regular video formats like MOV, MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MTS, HD videos, Flv files etc. ...

Wondershare Video Converter for Mac Is Available On Mac App Store

Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac is Available on Mac App Store

Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac is Available on Mac App Store

App Store = 1/2 Million Apps
Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> On 5/24/2011 2:34 PM, Fred Moore wrote: > Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> Mostly fart apps... -- MFB In article <irk2qg$lh0$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent1@section31.org> wrote: > > Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps > > > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> > > Mostly fart apps... nope. fart apps are well under 1% of ...

Best app. to run PC apps through Mac?
Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so can't take advantage of Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. Any suggestions? "eMac" <dcallaha@infionline.net> wrote in message news:1ggyxoc.9se1o61ha5ki0N%dcallaha@infionline.net... > Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the > PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to > file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so ...

Wondershare Video Converter Pro for Mac is Available on Mac App Store
Wondershare Video Converter Pro is a powerful converter that supports both videos and home DVDs. </b> It can help you convert videos and DVDs in several click, formats supported including: AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, etc., with powerful and helpful edit functions for featuring the media file offered. Popular devices and apps like iPhone/ iPad/iPod/iMovie/FCP/HTC etc are supported. Key features of Video Converter Pro: -Convert videos and DVDs to popular formats of your choice. -Enjoy your favorite videos and movies on all your portable devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Ap...

Web resources about - iPad-Apps up 185% at app store after Jan. unveiling. - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Still Waiting For An IPad App From Instagram? Flow Is A Go
... Instagram ’s rapid growth, the Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network still does not have an official application for Apple’s iPad ...

AppAdvice - iPhone/iPad App News and Reviews
Latest iPhone/iPad App News and Reviews

iPhone apps and iPad apps - Appolicious ™ App Directory
... with Trending: games word games pick up and play games office Join Sign In with Yahoo! Already a member? Log in iPad & iPhone Apps Android ...

Harvard Business Review iPad® app - Facebook
Harvard Business Review hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Harvard Business Review iPad® app geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Facebook for iPad: Our Feature Breakdown of the Leaked Official App
Last night, TechCrunch reported that the unreleased Facebook for iPad app was hidden within the code of the latest Facebook for iPhone update, ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO iPad / iPhone App updated: http://bit.ly/gtslEB Faster search, Chinese search improved ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO iPad / iPhone App updated: http://bit.ly/gtslEB Faster search, Chinese search improved.

Is anyone else using the Time-Warner iPad app ? It's surprisingly useful, because it turns your iPad into a remote for the cable box. The remote ...

Lightning Touch for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Lightning Touch on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

11 paid iPhone and iPad apps on sale for free right now
And so another week full of paid iPhone and iPad apps on sale for free comes to an end, but not before we can squeeze in one last post — and ...

Animal Collective share new song "Lying in the Grass" via 'Painting With' iPhone/iPad app
Animal Collective's new album, Painting With is coming out soon February 19 via Domino. If you weren't at Baltimore's BWI Airport in November ...