Mac App Store BAD UI design...

http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com

How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
quickly??

--
Sandman[.net]
0

Sandman stated in post mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET on
1/6/11 4:05 PM:

> http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
>
> How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> quickly??

Kid Pix generally gets very high reviews.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
1/6/2011 11:59:39 PM
In article <mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET>,
 Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:

> http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
>
> How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> quickly??

Hmm, still haven't seen anything quite as bad as the Windows-based
nutritional information calculator I once attempted to figure out how to
use on behalf of a consulting client a decade or so ago.

But yeah, some pretty horrible stuff. A testament, in a way, to the fact
that the Mac App Store is a) inspiring developers who've never bothered
to ship a Mac app before to do so (even if the world would be a better
place if they hadn't) and b) giving new exposure to existing Mac apps
(even if some of them should have been left under their respective
rocks).

--
"The game of professional investment is intolerably boring and over-exacting to
anyone who is entirely exempt from the gambling instinct; whilst he who has it
 ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote:

> In article <mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET>,
>  Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:
>
> > http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
> >
> > How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> > quickly??
>
> Hmm, still haven't seen anything quite as bad as the Windows-based
> nutritional information calculator I once attempted to figure out how to
> use on behalf of a consulting client a decade or so ago.
>
> But yeah, some pretty horrible stuff. A testament, in a way, to the fact
> that the Mac App Store is a) inspiring developers who've never bothered
> to ship a Mac app before to do so (even if the world would be a better
> place if they hadn't) and b) giving new exposure to existing Mac apps
> (even if some of them should have been left under their respective
> rocks).

Yeah, we quite clearly see that part of the elegance you usually see
with Mac apps (in, say, about 80-90% of all apps) must hgave been due
to real commitment by the developer. Maybe also due to lack of real
competition on some app categories.

You don't see awesomely beautiful apps like Courier, Socialite or Coda
on Windows. BUt now you see ugly pieces of software like Forte Agent
on Mac due to the App Store. That's a pity. I hope it's self-vetting
in the end.

--
Sandman[.net]
0

"ZnU"  wrote in message

In article <mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET>,
Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:

> http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
>
> How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> quickly??

>Hmm, still haven't seen anything quite as bad as the Windows-based
>nutritional information calculator I once attempted to figure out how to
>use on behalf of a consulting client a decade or so ago.

Wow!!!  A decade ago.  Still rooted in the distant past I see.

>snip

0
Redjak
1/7/2011 2:59:56 PM

>"Sandman"  wrote in message

>http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com

>How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
>quickly??

Ever hear of "like attracts like", Sandhog?

0
Redjak
1/7/2011 3:01:00 PM
In article <ig79r6$dgt$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >"Sandman"  wrote in message
>
> >http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
>
> >How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> >quickly??
>
> Ever hear of "like attracts like", Sandhog?

So what are you doing here?

--
Sandman[.net]
0

"Sandman"  wrote in message

In article <ig79r6$dgt$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >"Sandman"  wrote in message
>
> >http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
>
> >How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> >quickly??
>
> Ever hear of "like attracts like", Sandhog?

>So what are you doing here?

Same as you, trolling.

0
Redjak
1/7/2011 9:00:31 PM
On 1/7/11 3:00 PM, Redjak wrote:

> "Sandman" wrote in message

>> So what are you doing here?
>
> Same as you, trolling.

Try an experiment: go to the Windoze groups and troll Kadaitcha Man and
see what happens.
0
Chance
1/7/2011 10:51:14 PM
In article <mr-F7CD88.15454707012011@News.Individual.NET>,
 Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article <znu-FD2014.02290907012011@Port80.Individual.NET>,
>  ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote:
>
> > In article <mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET>,
> >  Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:
> >
> > > http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
> > >
> > > How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> > > quickly??
> >
> > Hmm, still haven't seen anything quite as bad as the Windows-based
> > nutritional information calculator I once attempted to figure out how to
> > use on behalf of a consulting client a decade or so ago.
> >
> > But yeah, some pretty horrible stuff. A testament, in a way, to the fact
> > that the Mac App Store is a) inspiring developers who've never bothered
> > to ship a Mac app before to do so (even if the world would be a better
> > place if they hadn't) and b) giving new exposure to existing Mac apps
> > (even if some of them should have been left under their respective
> > rocks).
>
> Yeah, we quite clearly see that part of the elegance you usually see
> with Mac apps (in, say, about 80-90% of all apps) must hgave been due
> to real commitment by the developer. Maybe also due to lack of real
> competition on some app categories.
>
> You don't see awesomely beautiful apps like Courier, Socialite or Coda
> on Windows. BUt now you see ugly pieces of software like Forte Agent
> on Mac due to the App Store. That's a pity. I hope it's self-vetting
> in the end.

There have always been horrible Mac apps. The Mac app store merely
increases the visibility of Mac apps generally, including the terrible
ones.

But there are also hideous iOS apps, and you mostly don't see them that
much. I think because the iOS app store has such a large number of apps,
the bad stuff gets lost in the noise, and the good stuff is practically
all you ever see. As more developers move into the Mac app store, I
expect we'll see the same sort of thing happen there.

--
"The game of professional investment is intolerably boring and over-exacting to
anyone who is entirely exempt from the gambling instinct; whilst he who has it
must pay to this propensity the appropriate toll." -- John Maynard Keynes
0
ZnU
1/8/2011 1:12:04 AM
In article <ig7ut9$90d$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Redjak" <redjackson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > >http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com
> >
> > >How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so
> > >quickly??
> >
> > Ever hear of "like attracts like", Sandhog?
>
> >So what are you doing here?
>
> Same as you, trolling.

What Mac model do you use?

--
Sandman[.net]
0

>>> Ever hear of "like attracts like", Sandhog?
>>
>>> So what are you doing here?
>>
>> Same as you, trolling.
>
> What Mac model do you use?

Irrelevant to the fact that you are here to troll.  Hey, not only do you
troll in CSMA, you have a site dedicated to trolling.  Here are some of your
trolling pages about me - all filled with *your* lies:

    <http://csma.sandman.net/atlas/faq/index.php?faq=sigmond>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Css_Validation>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Gibberish>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_New_Sock_Puppet>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Quote_Forging>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Tilde>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/PDFforgery>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/ScreenshotForgery>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/plain/ascii.php?name=Snit>
    <http://csma.sandman.net/TrollScoring/Snit>

Seriously, that is a sign of sickness from you.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
1/10/2011 3:09:16 PM
On Jan 10, 8:09=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Sandman stated in post mr-28EBEF.09443410012...@News.Individual.NET on
> 1/10/11 1:44 AM:

> >> Same as you, trolling.
>
> > What Mac model do you use?
>
> Irrelevant to the fact that you are here to troll. =A0Hey, not only do yo=
> troll in CSMA, you have a site dedicated to trolling.

The site you are pointing to is about people who troll in this
newsgroup.

=A0Here are some of your
> trolling pages about me

Why aren't you pointing to some of his pages about other trolls? Are
you falsely trying to lead the reader to believe you've been singled
out?  By the way, care to talk about who *hasnt;* labeled you a liar,
troll or worse?

See your problem with this sort of whining YET?

>  - all filled with *your* lies:
>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/atlas/faq/index.php?faq=3Dsigmond>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Css_Validation>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Gibberish>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_New_Sock_Puppet>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Quote_Forging>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Tilde>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/PDFforgery>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/ScreenshotForgery>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/plain/ascii.php?name=3DSnit>
> =A0 =A0 <http://csma.sandman.net/TrollScoring/Snit>
>
> Seriously, that is a sign of sickness from you.

Said the whining troll who just can't seem to convince people he isn't
a whining troll.
0
Steve
1/10/2011 3:29:03 PM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Jan 10, 8:09 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> Sandman stated in post mr-28EBEF.09443410012...@News.Individual.NET
>> on 1/10/11 1:44 AM:

>>> What Mac model do you use?
>>
>> Irrelevant to the fact that you are here to troll. Hey, not only do
>> you troll in CSMA, you have a site dedicated to trolling.
>

> The site you are pointing to is about people who troll in this
> newsgroup.
>

> Here are some of your
>> trolling pages about me
>

> Why aren't you pointing to some of his pages about other trolls? Are
> you falsely trying to lead the reader to believe you've been singled
> out?  By the way, care to talk about who *hasnt;* labeled you a liar,
> troll or worse?
>

> See your problem with this sort of whining YET?
>
>>  - all filled with *your* lies:
>>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/atlas/faq/index.php?faq=sigmond>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Css_Validation>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Gibberish>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_New_Sock_Puppet>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Quote_Forging>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Tilde>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/PDFforgery>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/ScreenshotForgery>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/plain/ascii.php?name=Snit>
>> <http://csma.sandman.net/TrollScoring/Snit>
>>
>> Seriously, that is a sign of sickness from you.
>
> Said the whining troll who just can't seem to convince people he isn't
> a whining troll.

Snit can't convince people he is not a whining troll because he is a whining
troll.

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
1/10/2011 3:51:18 PM
Snit wrote:
> Sandman stated in post mr-28EBEF.09443410012011@News.Individual.NET on
> 1/10/11 1:44 AM:

>>> Same as you, trolling.
>>
>> What Mac model do you use?
>>

> Irrelevant to the fact that you are here to troll.  Hey, not only do
> you troll in CSMA, you have a site dedicated to trolling.  Here are
> some of your trolling pages about me - all filled with *your* lies:
>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/atlas/faq/index.php?faq=sigmond>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Css_Validation>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Gibberish>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_New_Sock_Puppet>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Quote_Forging>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/Michael_Digest_Tilde>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/PDFforgery>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/pages/ScreenshotForgery>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/plain/ascii.php?name=Snit>
>    <http://csma.sandman.net/TrollScoring/Snit>
>
> Seriously, that is a sign of sickness from you.

How dare Sandman quote your lies!  LOL!