Mac OS a flop, most normal people don't want it

95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
0
Tommy
11/30/2010 3:55:59 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 34082 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

LOL

Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
wrote:

>In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
> Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
>LOL
>
>Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

The only thing weak here is the tiny % of people who choose Mac.
0
Tommy
11/30/2010 4:21:16 AM
In article <alangbaker-48B1D5.20002029112010@news.shawcable.com>,
 Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:

> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
>  Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

> Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

Well, Wintrolls are weak tits.
0
Chance
11/30/2010 4:22:47 AM
In article <sru8f6t9vgt8dh8iful9e0ah1skkpv52n0@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:00:20 -0800, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
> > Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> >
> >> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
> >
> >LOL
> >
> >Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> The only thing weak here is the tiny % of people who choose Mac.

In your dreams, Weak Tit.
0
Chance
11/30/2010 5:04:54 AM
On Nov 29, 11:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> =A0Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> LOL
>
> Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.
0
MuahMan
11/30/2010 5:08:40 AM
In article
<c883164a-f03d-45d5-8827-ca21f1bb0871@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 11:00�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> > �Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> >
> > > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.

LOL

Riiiight.

Says the man who said it would take all day (yes, Pratt-fall: that's
hyperbole) to bleed a rear caliper if you tried to take it off the rear
swing-arm.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
11/30/2010 5:26:50 AM
On Nov 30, 12:26=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c883164a-f03d-45d5-8827-ca21f1bb0...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 11:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> > > LOL
>
> > > Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wal=
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if y=
ou
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> > Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.
>
> LOL
>
> Riiiight.
>
> Says the man who said it would take all day (yes, Pratt-fall: that's
> hyperbole) to bleed a rear caliper if you tried to take it off the rear
> swing-arm.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Take off the rear swing arm? LOL

hahahaha. Such motorcycle knowledge.
0
MuahMan
11/30/2010 6:01:16 AM
In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

.... which is just a cheap / inferior imitation of OS X.

--
C Lund
On Nov 30, 3:26=A0am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> =A0Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> ... which is just a cheap / inferior imitation of OS X.
>
> --
> C Lund

How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
OS. LOL  98% vs  2%

Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
Apple now.

0
MuahMan
11/30/2010 8:44:12 AM
On Nov 29, 8:55=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
%. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
(who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
"choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
0
Steve
11/30/2010 2:43:24 PM
On Nov 29, 10:55=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>
wrote:
> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

It's really more pathetic  that you trying to paint the most
profitable consumer electronics/computer company in the world as a
flop.....
0
KDT
11/30/2010 3:15:31 PM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
11/30/2010 3:17:48 PM
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf515a3@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 8:17 AM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>>
>> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
>> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
>> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
>> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
>> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
>> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
>> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
>> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
>> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
>> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
>> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
>> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
>> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
>> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
>> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
>> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
>> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
>> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
>> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
>> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
>> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
>> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
>> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
>
> LOL!

Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
computers!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/30/2010 3:44:59 PM
On Nov 30, 8:44=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf51...@news.x-privat.org on
> 11/30/10 8:17 AM:
>

> > Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> >> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
> >> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
> >> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
> >> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
> >> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
> >> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
> >> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
> >> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
> >> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
> >> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
> >> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
> >> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
> >> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
> >> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
> >> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
> >> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
> >> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
> >> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
> >> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
> >> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
> >> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
> >> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
> >> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
>
> > LOL!
>
> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
> say they want to pay over $1000. =A0

People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.

(snip *other* irrelevant drivel)
0
Steve
11/30/2010 4:26:32 PM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:44 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf51...@news.x-privat.org
>> on 11/30/10 8:17 AM:

>>> LOL!
>>
>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they
>> do not say they want to pay over $1000.
>

> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> (snip *other* irrelevant drivel)

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
11/30/2010 4:37:08 PM
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf5283b@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 9:37 AM:

>>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
>>> say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
>>> the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
>>> they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
>>> the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
>>> computers!
>>

>> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> LOL!

In the *real* world, Steve, people want features - and they are willing to
pay for them.  They want ease of use, they want to not worry about malware,
etc.  Very few people - if any - *want* to pay $1000 or more.  If they could
get the same computer with the same warrantee and support, etc., through
legitimate means for, say, $500, they would.  I know *I* would have.  I and
many others are *willing* to pay more and find the cost well worth it, but
to say that people *look* to pay over $1000 is just absurd.  They *look* for
what they think is a good value for their money.

Really, Steve, this is not hard.  Are you going to be whining about this for
the next decade as you have with your confusion over absolute proof and the
level of proof needed in adjudication?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/30/2010 4:41:57 PM
On Nov 30, 9:41=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf52...@news.x-privat.org on
> 11/30/10 9:37 AM:

Sure,

> >> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> > LOL!
>
> In the *real* world, Steve, people want features

And water is wet... yawn. Is there another way you could miss the
obvious point I was making about why Windows market share is what it
is and why comparing it to OSX's share the way it's often done on this
ng is ridiculous?

(snip other irrelevant drivel that evidences gluehead's ignorance...
along with his feeble, unsuccessful attempts to cram words into my
keyboard)
0
Steve

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
11/30/2010 5:54:12 PM
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf53a4d@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 10:54 AM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 9:41 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf52...@news.x-privat.org
>>> on 11/30/10 9:37 AM:

>>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
>>> say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
>>> the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
>>> they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
>>> the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
>>> computers!
>>
>> And water is wet... yawn.

And you were wrong... yawn.  Yeah, both are obvious... but your *reaction*
to being shown wrong is amusing.

>> Is there another way you could miss the obvious point I was making about why
>> Windows market share is what it is and why comparing it to OSX's share the
>> way it's often done on this ng is ridiculous?

That was my point - your silliness was, as you say, "ridiculous".  People do
not seek paying a higher price than the norm as a feature.  Your claim was
absurd.  Or, as you say, "ridiculous".

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/30/2010 6:11:05 PM
In article
<e0dcc083-cef7-4729-995b-78976973c4c3@z19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> OS. LOL  98% vs  2%

"Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
third-rate imitations.

> Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> Apple now.

Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?

--
C Lund
On Nov 30, 5:56=A0pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article
> <e0dcc083-cef7-4729-995b-78976973c...@z19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > OS. LOL =A098% vs =A02%
>
> "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> third-rate imitations.

If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

You're bad at this.

> > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > Apple now.
>
> Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?

None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
consumption devices.

0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 1:55:34 AM
On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.

0
KDT
12/1/2010 2:53:46 AM
In article
<74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:56�pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > > OS. LOL �98% vs �2%
> > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > third-rate imitations.
> If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> You're bad at this.

Like you should talk.

> > > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > > Apple now.
> > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
know what a computer is, do you?

--
C Lund

"C Lund"  wrote in message

In article
<74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:56 pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > > OS. LOL  98% vs  2%
> > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > third-rate imitations.
> If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> You're bad at this.

Like you should talk.

> > > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > > Apple now.
> > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
know what a computer is, do you?

Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

0
Creflo
12/1/2010 1:03:04 PM
In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

That's your definition of "computer"?

--
C Lund
In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "C Lund"  wrote in message
> outh.net...
>
> In article
> <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > > third-rate imitations.
> > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
>
> > You're bad at this.
>
> Like you should talk.

> > > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> know what a computer is, do you?
>

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/1/2010 3:50:07 PM
On Dec 1, 3:29=A0am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article
> <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > > third-rate imitations.
> > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

Your blinded by fanaticism. The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
This applies to both the desktop market and the enterprise. Your God,
Steve Jobs admitted it. Why can't you?

> > You're bad at this.
>
> Like you should talk.

> > > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> know what a computer is, do you?

Hahaha. Sorry. Watching crappy TV shows, and listening to music
doesn't make it a computer.

> --
> C Lund

0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 4:05:31 PM
On Dec 1, 10:50=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <id5h27$hb...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> =A0"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "C Lund" =A0wrote in message
..bells
> > outh.net...
>
> > In article
> > <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
>
> > > You're bad at this.
>
> > Like you should talk.

> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They buil=
> > > consumption devices.
>
> > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > know what a computer is, do you?
>
> > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? =A0or Photo Shop?
>
> Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

LOL
0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 4:07:06 PM

"C Lund"  wrote in message

In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

That's your definition of "computer"?

right.  what's yours an abacus.

0
Creflo
12/1/2010 4:12:50 PM
In article
<ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005f2a@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> > > Like you should talk.

> > > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > > know what a computer is, do you?
> >
> > > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? �or Photo Shop?
> >
> > Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
> >
> LOL

I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
this was already discussed here relatively recently:

<http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=8>

Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/1/2010 4:16:43 PM
In article
<c4e26928-4f8b-4426-9853-f34e67d0adf1@f21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 3:29�am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > In article
> > <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
> Your blinded by fanaticism. The world has seen OS X and rejected it.

No, the world has seen OS X and imitated it.

> > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > know what a computer is, do you?
> Hahaha. Sorry. Watching crappy TV shows, and listening to music
> doesn't make it a computer.

I'll take that as a "yes."

--
C Lund
On Dec 1, 11:16=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
>
> > LOL
>
> I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> this was already discussed here relatively recently:
>
> <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=3D8>
>
> Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
drawings.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.

and where's Photoshop?
0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 7:31:05 PM
On Dec 1, 11:12=A0am, "Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "C Lund" =A0wrote in message

bellsouth.net...

> In article <id5h27$hb...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>
> "Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? =A0or Photo Shop?
>
> That's your definition of "computer"?
>
> right. =A0what's yours an abacus.

Only if the abacus has an Apple logo on it.
0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 7:31:38 PM
On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> said:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

Obviously this includes computer purchases. Need I say more?

Ian.
--
Ian Piper
Author of "Learn Xcode Tools for Mac OS X and iPhone Development",

0
Ian
12/1/2010 10:26:48 PM

On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>
said:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

Obviously this includes computer purchases. Need I say more?

90% of apple products.

0
Creflo
12/1/2010 11:36:12 PM
On Dec 1, 5:26=A0pm, Ian Piper <ianpi...@mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>=
 said:

> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

or 100% of iPhone 4s
0
MuahMan
12/2/2010 1:55:04 AM
In article
<8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece03784cd@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 11:16�am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > LOL
> >
> > I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> > this was already discussed here relatively recently:
> >
> > <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=8>
> >
> > Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> drawings.

Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
answer is: "Yes.".

> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> and where's Photoshop?

So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/2/2010 3:43:22 AM
On Dec 1, 10:43=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 11:16 am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> > > this was already discussed here relatively recently:
>
> > > <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=3D8>
>
> > > Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
>
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wal=
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if y=
ou
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> > Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > drawings.
>
> Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> answer is: "Yes.".
>

> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> > and where's Photoshop?
>
> So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
there too! LOL LOL LOL

Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
0
MuahMan
12/2/2010 5:27:02 AM
In article
<c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 10:43�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> > �MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nice one star reviews. �Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > > drawings.
> >
> > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > answer is: "Yes.".
> >

> > > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
> >
> > > and where's Photoshop?
> >
> > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.

So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/2/2010 10:22:21 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article
<c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > > drawings.
> >
> > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > answer is: "Yes.".
> >

> > > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
> >
> > > and where's Photoshop?
> >
> > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.

>So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
>which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...

so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

0
Creflo
12/2/2010 12:13:02 PM
In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > > answer is: "Yes.".

> > > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
> >
> > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> >
> > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Nope.

I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".

So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/2/2010 10:32:08 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?",
> > > the
> > > answer is: "Yes.".

> > > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if
> > > you
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
> >
> > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> >
> > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

>Nope.

>I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".

>So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

I examining also. you have compared a linux machine to a mac.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

0
Creflo
12/3/2010 2:20:34 AM
In article <id9k5g$qp$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article
> > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> > >
> > > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
> >
> > >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> > >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
> >
> > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
> >Nope.
>
> >I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
>
> >So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
>

> I examining also. you have compared a linux machine to a mac.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

No. I asked if a Linux machine cannot be called a "computer" because it
can't run Photoshop.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/3/2010 2:27:50 AM
On Nov 30, 9:53=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.

Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.
0
MuahMan
12/3/2010 2:38:47 AM
On Dec 2, 5:32=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <id82gc$67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> =A0"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message
>
> > In article
> > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > > there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> > > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> > >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> > >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
> Nope.
>
> I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
>
> So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.
0
MuahMan
12/3/2010 2:40:30 AM
In article
<e089d41d-ed2d-4074-b165-dfb12a59fbf9@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:32�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <id82gc$67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > �"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > "Alan Baker" �wrote in message
> >
> > > In article
> > > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
> >
> > So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

> You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/3/2010 2:43:59 AM
In article
<5458c729-b264-4b8e-8184-3e1412a57c06@fj16g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 9:53�pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 8:55�pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > > consumption devices.
> >
> > Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> > world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> > month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> > Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.
>
> Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
> highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.

Since they didn't say that...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/3/2010 2:44:15 AM
In article
<e089d41d-ed2d-4074-b165-dfb12a59fbf9@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:32�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> > Nope.
> >
> > I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer."
> >
> > So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
> >
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.

Projecting your problems onto Alan?
0
Chance
12/3/2010 3:27:52 AM
On Dec 2, 9:38=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 9:53=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They buil=
> > > consumption devices.
>
> > Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> > world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> > month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> > Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.
>
> Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
> highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.

Well using your "Gizmodo Logic", Consumerreports.com ranks 533 in the
US according to Alexa and Apple ranks 25.  That means that Apple is
more credible than Consumer Reports since it gets "millions" more
hits.
0
KDT
12/3/2010 5:52:34 AM
MuahMan wrote:
> Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> drawings.
>

> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> and where's Photoshop?

Here
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

0
Tim
12/4/2010 1:23:22 AM
MuahMan wrote:
> The world has seen OS X and rejected it.

Sales figures would disagree.

0
Tim
12/4/2010 1:25:25 AM
Creflo Yen wrote:
> 90% of apple products.

Hi, zara.

0
Tim
12/4/2010 1:26:27 AM
On Dec 3, 8:25=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
>
> Sales figures would disagree.

Sales figures are this.

98% buy Windows

2% buy Crapple

Lay off the crack.

The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 1:43:39 AM
On Dec 3, 8:23=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > drawings.
>
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> > and where's Photoshop?
>
> Herehttp://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

That's a lite version all it can do is crop.

Also rated 1 star. LOL

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 1:44:52 AM
MuahMan wrote:
> Tim Murray wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>
>>> The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
>>
>> Sales figures would disagree.
>
> Sales figures are this. 98% buy Windows. 2% buy Crapple. Lay off the
> crack. The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.

Suffering from second hand smoke, eh?

From W3Schools' log-files:

OS Platform Statistics

2010 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win7 	Vista 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	51.7% 	0.3% 	24.3% 	10.0% 	1.1% 	4.6% 	7.2%

2008 	WinXP 	W2000	Win98 	Vista 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	73.3% 	2.2% 	0.2% 	13.2% 	1.8% 	3.8% 	5.2%

2005 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win98 	WinNT 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	69.2% 	15.8% 	3.2% 	0.5% 	1.7% 	3.3% 	3.1%

2003 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win98 	WinNT 	Win95 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	38.0% 	37.9% 	12.1% 	4.1% 	0.5% 	2.4% 	2.0%

Platforms that count for less than 0.5% are not listed.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Conclusion:
1. Win7 is only gaining at the loss of Vista and WinXP.
2. Both Mac and Linux gained over 7 years.
3. Microsoft share is now less than 90%.

Yup.

--
HPT

0
High
12/4/2010 2:40:48 AM
On Dec 3, 9:40=A0pm, High Plains Thumper <h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > Tim Murray wrote:

> >> Sales figures would disagree.
>
> > Sales figures are this. 98% buy Windows. 2% buy Crapple. Lay off the
> > crack. The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
>
> Suffering from second hand smoke, eh?
>
> From W3Schools' log-files:
>
> OS Platform Statistics
>
> 2010 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win7 =A0 =A0Vista =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0=
 Mac
> Sep =A0 =A0 51.7% =A0 0.3% =A0 =A024.3% =A0 10.0% =A0 1.1% =A0 =A04.6% =
=A0 =A07.2%

> 2008 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 Vista =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 73.3% =A0 2.2% =A0 =A00.2% =A0 =A013.2% =A0 1.8% =A0 =A03.8% =
=A0 =A05.2%

> 2005 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 WinNT =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 69.2% =A0 15.8% =A0 3.2% =A0 =A00.5% =A0 =A01.7% =A0 =A03.3% =
=A0 =A03.1%

> 2003 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 WinNT =A0 Win95 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 38.0% =A0 37.9% =A0 12.1% =A0 4.1% =A0 =A00.5% =A0 =A02.4% =
=A0 =A02.0%

> Platforms that count for less than 0.5% are not listed.
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>
> Conclusion:
> 1. Win7 is only gaining at the loss of Vista and WinXP.
> 2. Both Mac and Linux gained over 7 years.
> 3. Microsoft share is now less than 90%.
>
> Yup.
>
> --
> HPT

It's not Planet U.S., it's Planet Earth.

Windows 98%

OS X 2%

The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 2:46:02 AM
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 3, 8:23 pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>> > Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
>> > drawings.
>>
>> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>>
>> > and where's Photoshop?
>>
>> Here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.

It can do quite a bit more than just crop.

Top editing features:
• Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
• Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
• Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
• Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
White Glow, and Soft Black and White
• Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
Halftone, and Film Emulsion

And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.

You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.
0
An
12/4/2010 3:17:42 PM
In article <4cfa5b96$1@news.x-privat.org>,
 An Old Friend <an.old@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >> Here
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
> >
> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
> >
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
>
> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> Top editing features:
> • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
> • Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
> • Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
> • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
> White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
> features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.

Since he has neither of those traits, it is just another trollish post
from him.

--
Lloyd

0
Lloyd
12/4/2010 3:24:26 PM
MuahMan wrote:
> On Dec 3, 8:23=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>> Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
>>> drawings.
>>
>>> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>>
>>> and where's Photoshop?
>>
>> Here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.

Why do you lie so much?

0
Tim
12/4/2010 4:16:05 PM
On Dec 4, 10:17=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >> Here
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap! =A0Try again.
>
> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> Top editing features:
> =95 Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
> =95 Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
> =95 Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
> =95 Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
> White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> =95 Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
> features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.

Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL

It's not Planet U.S., it's Planet Earth.
Windows 98%
OS X 2%
The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 6:45:41 PM
On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 4, 10:17 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>>
>> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>>
>> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
>>
>> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
>>
>> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>>
>> Top editing features:
>> • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip • Color: Exposure,
>> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast • Filters: Sketch, Soft
>> Focus, and Sharpen • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm
>> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
>> • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
>> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>>
>> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
>> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>>
>> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
>> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
>> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
>> trustworthiness.
>
> Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL

I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
function of cropping.

The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
chance that your argument would have any merit.

Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
0
An
12/5/2010 3:31:06 PM
On Dec 5, 10:31=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:17=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> >> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> >> Top editing features:
> >> =95 Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip =95 Color: Exposure,
> >> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast =95 Filters: Sketch, S=
oft
> >> Focus, and Sharpen =95 Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, W=
arm
> >> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> >> =95 Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge=
,
> >> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> >> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> >> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> >> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> >> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
> >> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
> >> trustworthiness.
>
> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> function of cropping.
>
> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.

It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
0
MuahMan
12/5/2010 6:47:53 PM
MuahMan wrote:
> On Dec 5, 10:31=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>>
>> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
>> function of cropping.
>>
>> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
>> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
>> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
>> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>>
>> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
>> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Earlier your definition of computer or not was the existence of
this-or-that app. Once shown such apps exist, now it becomes the quality of
the app that defines computer or not. How much further can you drag a goal
post?

0
Tim
12/5/2010 8:14:26 PM
On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 10:47:53 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>>
>> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
>> function of cropping.
>>
>> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop
>> Express not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose
>> instead to exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set,
>> removing any chance that your argument would have any merit.
>>
>> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
>> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Yet you lied about its features. If you didn't need to mention it, then
why did you not only mention it, but lie about it as well?

> What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured and really
> really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the iPad is not a
> computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Of course, what you don't mention is that the 2 1/3 star rating is an
average of only the first three written reviews I saw on the page, one of
which was a 4 star rating. Looking further on the page we're discussing,
one notices that the average of the 3423 people who rated the current
version of the app gave it 3 stars, and the average of the 106462 people
who have rated any version of the app at one time or another is 3 1/2
stars.

So once again, you are lying by exaggerating the poor reviews. You were
trying to claim that a 3 1/2 star app was a 1 star app. When I mention
the 3 written reviews had a higher average than 1 star, you merely
assumed that those three were the only reviews and didn't look on the
page to see the actual Customer Ratings averages.

Your credibility is severely hampered when you deliberately lie about a
product. As I said before, you could have had a great argument simply by
stating that Photoshop Express for the iPhone and iPad is not desktop-
based Photoshop. Yet instead of going that route, you deliberately chose
to lie about its feature set and its average customer ratings.

Instead of putting a kink in Apple's armor, you allowed Apple's joust to
skewer you because you didn't think anyone would call you on your blatant
and wanton dishonesty.

Do your homework next time so that when you critique Apple, you are
speaking the truth rather than making stuff up to try to promote your
position.
0
An
12/5/2010 11:16:57 PM
An Old Friend wrote:
> Instead of putting a kink in Apple's armor, you allowed Apple's joust to
> skewer you because you didn't think anyone would call you on your blatant
> and wanton dishonesty.

Many of MuahMan's claims backfire like this. You'd think he'd learn, but
like a cantankerous child who gets beat every time he's in Walmart, he just
won't learn.

> Do your homework next time so that when you critique Apple, you are
> speaking the truth rather than making stuff up to try to promote your
> position.

Ain't gonna happen. Like the scorpion and the frog, it's not in his nature.

0
Tim
12/6/2010 12:58:18 AM

"MuahMan"  wrote in message

On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:17 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> >> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> >> Top editing features:
> >> � Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip � Color: Exposure,
> >> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast � Filters: Sketch, Soft
> >> Focus, and Sharpen � Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm
> >> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> >> � Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> >> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> >> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> >> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> >> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> >> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
> >> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
> >> trustworthiness.
>
> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> function of cropping.
>
> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.

It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 1:33:39 AM
In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "MuahMan"  wrote in message
>
> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
> >
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
> >
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> >
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 1:58:35 AM
On Dec 5, 8:33=A0pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "MuahMan" =A0wrote in message

> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

AD

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
>
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Expres=
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews. =A0In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.

Word. It's a 10" mp3 player. WOW!
0
MuahMan
12/6/2010 2:26:56 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "MuahMan"  wrote in message
>
> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
> >
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
> >
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> >
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

>So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
>computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?

So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 12:45:37 PM
On Dec 6, 7:45=A0am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.

So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?
0
KDT
12/6/2010 2:17:06 PM
On Dec 6, 9:17=A0am, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 7:45=A0am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to a=
> > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?

The 10" MP3 player you don't own isn't a computer. Deal with it.
0
MuahMan
12/6/2010 4:46:28 PM
On Dec 6, 11:46=A0am, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to=
 an
> > > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> > So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?
>
> The 10" MP3 player you don't own isn't a computer. Deal with it.

Well, unless you have a website that ranks higher than 25, that says
so, your opinion is irrelevant.
0
KDT
12/6/2010 5:06:39 PM

"KDT"  wrote in message

On Dec 6, 7:45 am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?

You mean, in todays real world.  Right.  Do you look as stupid as you sound?

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 6:53:30 PM
In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "MuahMan"  wrote in message
> >
> > On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> > > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > > function of cropping.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> > >
> > > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
> >
> > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> >
> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>

> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 6:58:02 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "MuahMan"  wrote in message
> >
> > On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> > > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and
> > > only
> > > function of cropping.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop
> > > Express
> > > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead
> > > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing
> > > any
> > > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> > >
> > > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
> >
> > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> >
> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>

> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.

No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year old
computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
bill.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 7:12:38 PM
In article <FAaLo.1964$Tl5.1136@newsfe10.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> >
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> > >
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >

> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
> >
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

I simply asked you to explain how USB defines something being a computer
when there are current computers that don't have it.

You failed of course.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 7:21:22 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <FAaLo.1964$Tl5.1136@newsfe10.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> >
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> > >
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >

> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
> >
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year
> old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

I simply asked you to explain how USB defines something being a computer
when there are current computers that don't have it.

You failed of course.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah.  Your opinion is less than worthless

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 8:05:51 PM
In article <ymbLo.1984$Tl5.1640@newsfe10.iad>,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
> >
> > I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
> >
> > No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> > puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

Yes, you did. Look up.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 9:02:42 PM
On Dec 6, 2:12=A0pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message

> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh...@newsfe13.iad>,
>

> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message
>
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ...@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > "MuahMan" =A0wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews. =A0In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> > > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
>
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to a=
> > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing. =A0Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance. =A0Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year o=
ld
> computer didn't? =A0Hahahahahaahahahaahah. =A0Well Apple certainly fits t=
hat
> bill.

So, by your reasoning when PC manufacturers stopped shipping computers
with 3-1/2 disks they ceased being computers?
0
KDT
12/6/2010 10:55:00 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <ymbLo.1984$Tl5.1640@newsfe10.iad>,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
> >
> > I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
> >
> > No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> > puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

Yes, you did. Look up.

Now you're answering yourself?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 10:59:19 PM

"KDT"  wrote in message

On Dec 6, 2:12 pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message

> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh...@newsfe13.iad>,
>

> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ...@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year
> old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

So, by your reasoning when PC manufacturers stopped shipping computers
with 3-1/2 disks they ceased being computers?

So is that what you think and are seeking reinforcement?

0
Uncle

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

Win 7 Phone A Flop
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/11/29/windows_phone_7_developers_fear_platform_flop.html In article <_fudnbFHELgTt2nRnZ2dnUVZ5gidnZ2d@giganews.com>, John <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/11/29/windows_phone_7_developers_fear_ > platform_flop.html So the fear is Microsoft will dump the Windows'ish kernel on its phones? Interesting... since the current rumor is that MS is dumping the NT kernel come Windows 8. Justin <justin@becauseihatenospam.org> wrote: > So the fear is Microsoft will dump the Windo...

filemaker 8.5 on mac OS X don't want to work
hello, bonjour, I don't speak English language easly. Mac OS X (tiger) 10.4 File maker don't work this morning ! new install with original CD don't make anything... I haven't never this thing, for 26 year ago (mac+, SE 30 or PC (Win 98 or XP), or G4 !!!) restart, disk repair, nothing is avable Une r�ponse en fran�ais me r�conforterait... Bonjour, Pour r�pondre en fran�ais, pas de probl�me, mais quant � trouver une explication... Pour obtenir de l'aide sur la liste, peut-�tre faudrait-il commencer par bien pr�ciser (en anglais) ce qui ne va pas : l'application ne...

Doesn't it drive you crazy when Mac OS X users don't exit/quit their programs correctly?
They don't use "Quit", but the window's red X button so they have tons of softwares still running in the background. They wonder why their Mac OS X is so slow due to low resources. And yes, I told the users zillions of times about it. They keep thinking Windows. :/ -- "Don't even step on an ant." --Greek /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

If you want a new Mac, but don't want Lion, you better get one quickly.
Don't forget that Lion will be released within two to six weeks. <http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/16/apple_may_freeze_new_mac_intr oductions_until_release_of_mac_os_x_lion.html> AppleInsider | Apple may freeze new Mac introductions until release of Mac OS X Lion By Kasper Jade and Neil Hughes Published: 01:15 PM EST Apple management is so pumped up over the advantages presented by its forthcoming Mac OS X Lion operating system that the company has been holding back the release of at least one new Mac refresh until the software is finalized, AppleInsider has learned....

why don't people switch to mac?
Hi, There seem to be a lot of effort by Apple in getting people to switch from a PC (windows) environment to Mac. But still, PCs with Windows are getting more populair. Why is this? Why don't people switch to using Macintosch's instead of PCs? Best regards, John In article <Xns95E99B3C19D72JohnDoe93nospammailc@212.83.64.210>, John <JohnDoeyh93[no-spam]@mailcity.com> wrote: > Hi, > > > There seem to be a lot of effort by Apple in getting people to switch from > a PC (windows) environment to Mac. But still, PCs with Windows are getting > more ...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

[...]

Web resources about - Mac OS a flop, most normal people don't want it - comp.sys.mac.advocacy