Mac OS a flop, most normal people don't want it

95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
0
Tommy
11/30/2010 3:55:59 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 33438 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

LOL

Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
wrote:

>In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
> Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
>LOL
>
>Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

The only thing weak here is the tiny % of people who choose Mac.
0
Tommy
11/30/2010 4:21:16 AM
In article <alangbaker-48B1D5.20002029112010@news.shawcable.com>,
 Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:

> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
>  Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

> Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

Well, Wintrolls are weak tits.
0
Chance
11/30/2010 4:22:47 AM
In article <sru8f6t9vgt8dh8iful9e0ah1skkpv52n0@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:00:20 -0800, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
> > Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> >
> >> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
> >
> >LOL
> >
> >Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> The only thing weak here is the tiny % of people who choose Mac.

In your dreams, Weak Tit.
0
Chance
11/30/2010 5:04:54 AM
On Nov 29, 11:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> =A0Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> LOL
>
> Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.
0
MuahMan
11/30/2010 5:08:40 AM
In article
<c883164a-f03d-45d5-8827-ca21f1bb0871@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 11:00�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> > �Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> >
> > > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.

LOL

Riiiight.

Says the man who said it would take all day (yes, Pratt-fall: that's
hyperbole) to bleed a rear caliper if you tried to take it off the rear
swing-arm.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
11/30/2010 5:26:50 AM
On Nov 30, 12:26=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c883164a-f03d-45d5-8827-ca21f1bb0...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 11:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> > > LOL
>
> > > Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wal=
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if y=
ou
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> > Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.
>
> LOL
>
> Riiiight.
>
> Says the man who said it would take all day (yes, Pratt-fall: that's
> hyperbole) to bleed a rear caliper if you tried to take it off the rear
> swing-arm.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Take off the rear swing arm? LOL

hahahaha. Such motorcycle knowledge.
0
MuahMan
11/30/2010 6:01:16 AM
In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

.... which is just a cheap / inferior imitation of OS X.

--
C Lund
On Nov 30, 3:26=A0am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> =A0Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> ... which is just a cheap / inferior imitation of OS X.
>
> --
> C Lund

How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
OS. LOL  98% vs  2%

Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
Apple now.

0
MuahMan
11/30/2010 8:44:12 AM
On Nov 29, 8:55=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
%. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
(who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
"choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
0
Steve
11/30/2010 2:43:24 PM
On Nov 29, 10:55=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>
wrote:
> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

It's really more pathetic  that you trying to paint the most
profitable consumer electronics/computer company in the world as a
flop.....
0
KDT
11/30/2010 3:15:31 PM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
11/30/2010 3:17:48 PM
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf515a3@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 8:17 AM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>>
>> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
>> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
>> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
>> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
>> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
>> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
>> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
>> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
>> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
>> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
>> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
>> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
>> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
>> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
>> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
>> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
>> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
>> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
>> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
>> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
>> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
>> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
>> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
>
> LOL!

Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
computers!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/30/2010 3:44:59 PM
On Nov 30, 8:44=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf51...@news.x-privat.org on
> 11/30/10 8:17 AM:
>

> > Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> >> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
> >> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
> >> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
> >> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
> >> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
> >> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
> >> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
> >> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
> >> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
> >> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
> >> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
> >> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
> >> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
> >> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
> >> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
> >> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
> >> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
> >> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
> >> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
> >> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
> >> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
> >> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
> >> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
>
> > LOL!
>
> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
> say they want to pay over $1000. =A0

People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.

(snip *other* irrelevant drivel)
0
Steve
11/30/2010 4:26:32 PM
Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:44 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf51...@news.x-privat.org
>> on 11/30/10 8:17 AM:

>>> LOL!
>>
>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they
>> do not say they want to pay over $1000.
>

> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> (snip *other* irrelevant drivel)

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
11/30/2010 4:37:08 PM
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf5283b@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 9:37 AM:

>>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
>>> say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
>>> the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
>>> they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
>>> the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
>>> computers!
>>

>> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> LOL!

In the *real* world, Steve, people want features - and they are willing to
pay for them.  They want ease of use, they want to not worry about malware,
etc.  Very few people - if any - *want* to pay $1000 or more.  If they could
get the same computer with the same warrantee and support, etc., through
legitimate means for, say, $500, they would.  I know *I* would have.  I and
many others are *willing* to pay more and find the cost well worth it, but
to say that people *look* to pay over $1000 is just absurd.  They *look* for
what they think is a good value for their money.

Really, Steve, this is not hard.  Are you going to be whining about this for
the next decade as you have with your confusion over absolute proof and the
level of proof needed in adjudication?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/30/2010 4:41:57 PM
On Nov 30, 9:41=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf52...@news.x-privat.org on
> 11/30/10 9:37 AM:

Sure,

> >> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> > LOL!
>
> In the *real* world, Steve, people want features

And water is wet... yawn. Is there another way you could miss the
obvious point I was making about why Windows market share is what it
is and why comparing it to OSX's share the way it's often done on this
ng is ridiculous?

(snip other irrelevant drivel that evidences gluehead's ignorance...
along with his feeble, unsuccessful attempts to cram words into my
keyboard)
0
Steve

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Big
11/30/2010 5:54:12 PM
Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf53a4d@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 10:54 AM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 9:41 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf52...@news.x-privat.org
>>> on 11/30/10 9:37 AM:

>>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
>>> say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
>>> the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
>>> they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
>>> the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
>>> computers!
>>
>> And water is wet... yawn.

And you were wrong... yawn.  Yeah, both are obvious... but your *reaction*
to being shown wrong is amusing.

>> Is there another way you could miss the obvious point I was making about why
>> Windows market share is what it is and why comparing it to OSX's share the
>> way it's often done on this ng is ridiculous?

That was my point - your silliness was, as you say, "ridiculous".  People do
not seek paying a higher price than the norm as a feature.  Your claim was
absurd.  Or, as you say, "ridiculous".

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Snit
11/30/2010 6:11:05 PM
In article
<e0dcc083-cef7-4729-995b-78976973c4c3@z19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> OS. LOL  98% vs  2%

"Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
third-rate imitations.

> Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> Apple now.

Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?

--
C Lund
On Nov 30, 5:56=A0pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article
> <e0dcc083-cef7-4729-995b-78976973c...@z19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > OS. LOL =A098% vs =A02%
>
> "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> third-rate imitations.

If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

You're bad at this.

> > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > Apple now.
>
> Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?

None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
consumption devices.

0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 1:55:34 AM
On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.

0
KDT
12/1/2010 2:53:46 AM
In article
<74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:56�pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > > OS. LOL �98% vs �2%
> > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > third-rate imitations.
> If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> You're bad at this.

Like you should talk.

> > > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > > Apple now.
> > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
know what a computer is, do you?

--
C Lund

"C Lund"  wrote in message

In article
<74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:56 pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > > OS. LOL  98% vs  2%
> > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > third-rate imitations.
> If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> You're bad at this.

Like you should talk.

> > > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > > Apple now.
> > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
know what a computer is, do you?

Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

0
Creflo
12/1/2010 1:03:04 PM
In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

That's your definition of "computer"?

--
C Lund
In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "C Lund"  wrote in message
> outh.net...
>
> In article
> <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > > third-rate imitations.
> > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
>
> > You're bad at this.
>
> Like you should talk.

> > > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> know what a computer is, do you?
>

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/1/2010 3:50:07 PM
On Dec 1, 3:29=A0am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article
> <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > > third-rate imitations.
> > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

Your blinded by fanaticism. The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
This applies to both the desktop market and the enterprise. Your God,
Steve Jobs admitted it. Why can't you?

> > You're bad at this.
>
> Like you should talk.

> > > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> know what a computer is, do you?

Hahaha. Sorry. Watching crappy TV shows, and listening to music
doesn't make it a computer.

> --
> C Lund

0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 4:05:31 PM
On Dec 1, 10:50=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <id5h27$hb...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> =A0"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "C Lund" =A0wrote in message
..bells
> > outh.net...
>
> > In article
> > <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
>
> > > You're bad at this.
>
> > Like you should talk.

> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They buil=
> > > consumption devices.
>
> > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > know what a computer is, do you?
>
> > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? =A0or Photo Shop?
>
> Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

LOL
0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 4:07:06 PM

"C Lund"  wrote in message

In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

That's your definition of "computer"?

right.  what's yours an abacus.

0
Creflo
12/1/2010 4:12:50 PM
In article
<ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005f2a@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> > > Like you should talk.

> > > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > > know what a computer is, do you?
> >
> > > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? �or Photo Shop?
> >
> > Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
> >
> LOL

I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
this was already discussed here relatively recently:

<http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=8>

Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/1/2010 4:16:43 PM
In article
<c4e26928-4f8b-4426-9853-f34e67d0adf1@f21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 3:29�am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > In article
> > <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
> Your blinded by fanaticism. The world has seen OS X and rejected it.

No, the world has seen OS X and imitated it.

> > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > know what a computer is, do you?
> Hahaha. Sorry. Watching crappy TV shows, and listening to music
> doesn't make it a computer.

I'll take that as a "yes."

--
C Lund
On Dec 1, 11:16=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
>
> > LOL
>
> I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> this was already discussed here relatively recently:
>
> <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=3D8>
>
> Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
drawings.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.

and where's Photoshop?
0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 7:31:05 PM
On Dec 1, 11:12=A0am, "Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "C Lund" =A0wrote in message

bellsouth.net...

> In article <id5h27$hb...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>
> "Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? =A0or Photo Shop?
>
> That's your definition of "computer"?
>
> right. =A0what's yours an abacus.

Only if the abacus has an Apple logo on it.
0
MuahMan
12/1/2010 7:31:38 PM
On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> said:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

Obviously this includes computer purchases. Need I say more?

Ian.
--
Ian Piper
Author of "Learn Xcode Tools for Mac OS X and iPhone Development",

0
Ian
12/1/2010 10:26:48 PM

On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>
said:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

Obviously this includes computer purchases. Need I say more?

90% of apple products.

0
Creflo
12/1/2010 11:36:12 PM
On Dec 1, 5:26=A0pm, Ian Piper <ianpi...@mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>=
 said:

> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

or 100% of iPhone 4s
0
MuahMan
12/2/2010 1:55:04 AM
In article
<8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece03784cd@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 11:16�am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > LOL
> >
> > I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> > this was already discussed here relatively recently:
> >
> > <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=8>
> >
> > Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> drawings.

Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
answer is: "Yes.".

> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> and where's Photoshop?

So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/2/2010 3:43:22 AM
On Dec 1, 10:43=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 11:16 am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> > > this was already discussed here relatively recently:
>
> > > <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=3D8>
>
> > > Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
>
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wal=
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if y=
ou
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> > Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > drawings.
>
> Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> answer is: "Yes.".
>

> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> > and where's Photoshop?
>
> So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
there too! LOL LOL LOL

Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
0
MuahMan
12/2/2010 5:27:02 AM
In article
<c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 10:43�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> > �MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nice one star reviews. �Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > > drawings.
> >
> > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > answer is: "Yes.".
> >

> > > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
> >
> > > and where's Photoshop?
> >
> > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.

So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/2/2010 10:22:21 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article
<c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > > drawings.
> >
> > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > answer is: "Yes.".
> >

> > > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
> >
> > > and where's Photoshop?
> >
> > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.

>So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
>which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...

so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

0
Creflo
12/2/2010 12:13:02 PM
In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > > answer is: "Yes.".

> > > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
> >
> > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> >
> > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Nope.

I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".

So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/2/2010 10:32:08 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?",
> > > the
> > > answer is: "Yes.".

> > > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if
> > > you
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
> >
> > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> >
> > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

>Nope.

>I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".

>So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

I examining also. you have compared a linux machine to a mac.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

0
Creflo
12/3/2010 2:20:34 AM
In article <id9k5g$qp$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article
> > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> > >
> > > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
> >
> > >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> > >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
> >
> > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
> >Nope.
>
> >I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
>
> >So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
>

> I examining also. you have compared a linux machine to a mac.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

No. I asked if a Linux machine cannot be called a "computer" because it
can't run Photoshop.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/3/2010 2:27:50 AM
On Nov 30, 9:53=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.

Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.
0
MuahMan
12/3/2010 2:38:47 AM
On Dec 2, 5:32=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <id82gc$67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> =A0"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message
>
> > In article
> > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > > there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> > > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> > >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> > >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
> Nope.
>
> I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
>
> So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.
0
MuahMan
12/3/2010 2:40:30 AM
In article
<e089d41d-ed2d-4074-b165-dfb12a59fbf9@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:32�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <id82gc$67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > �"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > "Alan Baker" �wrote in message
> >
> > > In article
> > > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
> >
> > So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

> You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/3/2010 2:43:59 AM
In article
<5458c729-b264-4b8e-8184-3e1412a57c06@fj16g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 9:53�pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 8:55�pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > > consumption devices.
> >
> > Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> > world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> > month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> > Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.
>
> Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
> highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.

Since they didn't say that...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/3/2010 2:44:15 AM
In article
<e089d41d-ed2d-4074-b165-dfb12a59fbf9@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:32�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> > Nope.
> >
> > I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer."
> >
> > So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
> >
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.

Projecting your problems onto Alan?
0
Chance
12/3/2010 3:27:52 AM
On Dec 2, 9:38=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 9:53=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They buil=
> > > consumption devices.
>
> > Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> > world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> > month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> > Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.
>
> Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
> highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.

Well using your "Gizmodo Logic", Consumerreports.com ranks 533 in the
US according to Alexa and Apple ranks 25.  That means that Apple is
more credible than Consumer Reports since it gets "millions" more
hits.
0
KDT
12/3/2010 5:52:34 AM
MuahMan wrote:
> Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> drawings.
>

> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> and where's Photoshop?

Here
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

0
Tim
12/4/2010 1:23:22 AM
MuahMan wrote:
> The world has seen OS X and rejected it.

Sales figures would disagree.

0
Tim
12/4/2010 1:25:25 AM
Creflo Yen wrote:
> 90% of apple products.

Hi, zara.

0
Tim
12/4/2010 1:26:27 AM
On Dec 3, 8:25=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
>
> Sales figures would disagree.

Sales figures are this.

98% buy Windows

2% buy Crapple

Lay off the crack.

The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 1:43:39 AM
On Dec 3, 8:23=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > drawings.
>
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> > and where's Photoshop?
>
> Herehttp://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

That's a lite version all it can do is crop.

Also rated 1 star. LOL

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 1:44:52 AM
MuahMan wrote:
> Tim Murray wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>
>>> The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
>>
>> Sales figures would disagree.
>
> Sales figures are this. 98% buy Windows. 2% buy Crapple. Lay off the
> crack. The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.

Suffering from second hand smoke, eh?

From W3Schools' log-files:

OS Platform Statistics

2010 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win7 	Vista 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	51.7% 	0.3% 	24.3% 	10.0% 	1.1% 	4.6% 	7.2%

2008 	WinXP 	W2000	Win98 	Vista 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	73.3% 	2.2% 	0.2% 	13.2% 	1.8% 	3.8% 	5.2%

2005 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win98 	WinNT 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	69.2% 	15.8% 	3.2% 	0.5% 	1.7% 	3.3% 	3.1%

2003 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win98 	WinNT 	Win95 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	38.0% 	37.9% 	12.1% 	4.1% 	0.5% 	2.4% 	2.0%

Platforms that count for less than 0.5% are not listed.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Conclusion:
1. Win7 is only gaining at the loss of Vista and WinXP.
2. Both Mac and Linux gained over 7 years.
3. Microsoft share is now less than 90%.

Yup.

--
HPT

0
High
12/4/2010 2:40:48 AM
On Dec 3, 9:40=A0pm, High Plains Thumper <h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > Tim Murray wrote:

> >> Sales figures would disagree.
>
> > Sales figures are this. 98% buy Windows. 2% buy Crapple. Lay off the
> > crack. The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
>
> Suffering from second hand smoke, eh?
>
> From W3Schools' log-files:
>
> OS Platform Statistics
>
> 2010 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win7 =A0 =A0Vista =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0=
 Mac
> Sep =A0 =A0 51.7% =A0 0.3% =A0 =A024.3% =A0 10.0% =A0 1.1% =A0 =A04.6% =
=A0 =A07.2%

> 2008 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 Vista =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 73.3% =A0 2.2% =A0 =A00.2% =A0 =A013.2% =A0 1.8% =A0 =A03.8% =
=A0 =A05.2%

> 2005 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 WinNT =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 69.2% =A0 15.8% =A0 3.2% =A0 =A00.5% =A0 =A01.7% =A0 =A03.3% =
=A0 =A03.1%

> 2003 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 WinNT =A0 Win95 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 38.0% =A0 37.9% =A0 12.1% =A0 4.1% =A0 =A00.5% =A0 =A02.4% =
=A0 =A02.0%

> Platforms that count for less than 0.5% are not listed.
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>
> Conclusion:
> 1. Win7 is only gaining at the loss of Vista and WinXP.
> 2. Both Mac and Linux gained over 7 years.
> 3. Microsoft share is now less than 90%.
>
> Yup.
>
> --
> HPT

It's not Planet U.S., it's Planet Earth.

Windows 98%

OS X 2%

The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 2:46:02 AM
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 3, 8:23 pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>> > Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
>> > drawings.
>>
>> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>>
>> > and where's Photoshop?
>>
>> Here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.

It can do quite a bit more than just crop.

Top editing features:
• Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
• Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
• Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
• Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
White Glow, and Soft Black and White
• Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
Halftone, and Film Emulsion

And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.

You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.
0
An
12/4/2010 3:17:42 PM
In article <4cfa5b96$1@news.x-privat.org>,
 An Old Friend <an.old@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >> Here
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
> >
> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
> >
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
>
> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> Top editing features:
> • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
> • Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
> • Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
> • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
> White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
> features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.

Since he has neither of those traits, it is just another trollish post
from him.

--
Lloyd

0
Lloyd
12/4/2010 3:24:26 PM
MuahMan wrote:
> On Dec 3, 8:23=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>> Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
>>> drawings.
>>
>>> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>>
>>> and where's Photoshop?
>>
>> Here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.

Why do you lie so much?

0
Tim
12/4/2010 4:16:05 PM
On Dec 4, 10:17=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >> Here
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap! =A0Try again.
>
> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> Top editing features:
> =95 Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
> =95 Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
> =95 Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
> =95 Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
> White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> =95 Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
> features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.

Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL

It's not Planet U.S., it's Planet Earth.
Windows 98%
OS X 2%
The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
MuahMan
12/4/2010 6:45:41 PM
On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 4, 10:17 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>>
>> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>>
>> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
>>
>> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
>>
>> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>>
>> Top editing features:
>> • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip • Color: Exposure,
>> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast • Filters: Sketch, Soft
>> Focus, and Sharpen • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm
>> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
>> • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
>> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>>
>> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
>> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>>
>> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
>> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
>> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
>> trustworthiness.
>
> Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL

I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
function of cropping.

The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
chance that your argument would have any merit.

Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
0
An
12/5/2010 3:31:06 PM
On Dec 5, 10:31=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:17=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> >> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> >> Top editing features:
> >> =95 Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip =95 Color: Exposure,
> >> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast =95 Filters: Sketch, S=
oft
> >> Focus, and Sharpen =95 Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, W=
arm
> >> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> >> =95 Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge=
,
> >> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> >> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> >> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> >> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> >> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
> >> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
> >> trustworthiness.
>
> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> function of cropping.
>
> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.

It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
0
MuahMan
12/5/2010 6:47:53 PM
MuahMan wrote:
> On Dec 5, 10:31=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>>
>> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
>> function of cropping.
>>
>> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
>> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
>> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
>> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>>
>> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
>> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Earlier your definition of computer or not was the existence of
this-or-that app. Once shown such apps exist, now it becomes the quality of
the app that defines computer or not. How much further can you drag a goal
post?

0
Tim
12/5/2010 8:14:26 PM
On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 10:47:53 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>>
>> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
>> function of cropping.
>>
>> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop
>> Express not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose
>> instead to exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set,
>> removing any chance that your argument would have any merit.
>>
>> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
>> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Yet you lied about its features. If you didn't need to mention it, then
why did you not only mention it, but lie about it as well?

> What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured and really
> really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the iPad is not a
> computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Of course, what you don't mention is that the 2 1/3 star rating is an
average of only the first three written reviews I saw on the page, one of
which was a 4 star rating. Looking further on the page we're discussing,
one notices that the average of the 3423 people who rated the current
version of the app gave it 3 stars, and the average of the 106462 people
who have rated any version of the app at one time or another is 3 1/2
stars.

So once again, you are lying by exaggerating the poor reviews. You were
trying to claim that a 3 1/2 star app was a 1 star app. When I mention
the 3 written reviews had a higher average than 1 star, you merely
assumed that those three were the only reviews and didn't look on the
page to see the actual Customer Ratings averages.

Your credibility is severely hampered when you deliberately lie about a
product. As I said before, you could have had a great argument simply by
stating that Photoshop Express for the iPhone and iPad is not desktop-
based Photoshop. Yet instead of going that route, you deliberately chose
to lie about its feature set and its average customer ratings.

Instead of putting a kink in Apple's armor, you allowed Apple's joust to
skewer you because you didn't think anyone would call you on your blatant
and wanton dishonesty.

Do your homework next time so that when you critique Apple, you are
speaking the truth rather than making stuff up to try to promote your
position.
0
An
12/5/2010 11:16:57 PM
An Old Friend wrote:
> Instead of putting a kink in Apple's armor, you allowed Apple's joust to
> skewer you because you didn't think anyone would call you on your blatant
> and wanton dishonesty.

Many of MuahMan's claims backfire like this. You'd think he'd learn, but
like a cantankerous child who gets beat every time he's in Walmart, he just
won't learn.

> Do your homework next time so that when you critique Apple, you are
> speaking the truth rather than making stuff up to try to promote your
> position.

Ain't gonna happen. Like the scorpion and the frog, it's not in his nature.

0
Tim
12/6/2010 12:58:18 AM

"MuahMan"  wrote in message

On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:17 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> >> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> >> Top editing features:
> >> � Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip � Color: Exposure,
> >> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast � Filters: Sketch, Soft
> >> Focus, and Sharpen � Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm
> >> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> >> � Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> >> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> >> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> >> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> >> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> >> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
> >> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
> >> trustworthiness.
>
> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> function of cropping.
>
> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.

It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 1:33:39 AM
In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "MuahMan"  wrote in message
>
> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
> >
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
> >
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> >
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 1:58:35 AM
On Dec 5, 8:33=A0pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "MuahMan" =A0wrote in message

> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

AD

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
>
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Expres=
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews. =A0In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.

Word. It's a 10" mp3 player. WOW!
0
MuahMan
12/6/2010 2:26:56 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "MuahMan"  wrote in message
>
> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
> >
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
> >
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> >
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

>So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
>computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?

So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 12:45:37 PM
On Dec 6, 7:45=A0am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.

So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?
0
KDT
12/6/2010 2:17:06 PM
On Dec 6, 9:17=A0am, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 7:45=A0am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to a=
> > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?

The 10" MP3 player you don't own isn't a computer. Deal with it.
0
MuahMan
12/6/2010 4:46:28 PM
On Dec 6, 11:46=A0am, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to=
 an
> > > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> > So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?
>
> The 10" MP3 player you don't own isn't a computer. Deal with it.

Well, unless you have a website that ranks higher than 25, that says
so, your opinion is irrelevant.
0
KDT
12/6/2010 5:06:39 PM

"KDT"  wrote in message

On Dec 6, 7:45 am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?

You mean, in todays real world.  Right.  Do you look as stupid as you sound?

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 6:53:30 PM
In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "MuahMan"  wrote in message
> >
> > On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> > > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > > function of cropping.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> > >
> > > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
> >
> > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> >
> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>

> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 6:58:02 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "MuahMan"  wrote in message
> >
> > On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> > > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and
> > > only
> > > function of cropping.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop
> > > Express
> > > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead
> > > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing
> > > any
> > > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> > >
> > > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
> >
> > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> >
> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>

> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.

No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year old
computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
bill.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 7:12:38 PM
In article <FAaLo.1964$Tl5.1136@newsfe10.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> >
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> > >
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >

> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
> >
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

I simply asked you to explain how USB defines something being a computer
when there are current computers that don't have it.

You failed of course.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 7:21:22 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <FAaLo.1964$Tl5.1136@newsfe10.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> >
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> > >
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >

> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
> >
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year
> old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

I simply asked you to explain how USB defines something being a computer
when there are current computers that don't have it.

You failed of course.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah.  Your opinion is less than worthless

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 8:05:51 PM
In article <ymbLo.1984$Tl5.1640@newsfe10.iad>,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
> >
> > I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
> >
> > No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> > puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

Yes, you did. Look up.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Alan
12/6/2010 9:02:42 PM
On Dec 6, 2:12=A0pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message

> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh...@newsfe13.iad>,
>

> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message
>
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ...@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > "MuahMan" =A0wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews. =A0In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> > > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
>
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to a=
> > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing. =A0Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance. =A0Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year o=
ld
> computer didn't? =A0Hahahahahaahahahaahah. =A0Well Apple certainly fits t=
hat
> bill.

So, by your reasoning when PC manufacturers stopped shipping computers
with 3-1/2 disks they ceased being computers?
0
KDT
12/6/2010 10:55:00 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <ymbLo.1984$Tl5.1640@newsfe10.iad>,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
> >
> > I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
> >
> > No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> > puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

Yes, you did. Look up.

Now you're answering yourself?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

0
Uncle
12/6/2010 10:59:19 PM

"KDT"  wrote in message

On Dec 6, 2:12 pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message

> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh...@newsfe13.iad>,
>

> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ...@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year
> old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

So, by your reasoning when PC manufacturers stopped shipping computers
with 3-1/2 disks they ceased being computers?

So is that what you think and are seeking reinforcement?

0
Uncle

WANTED: Serious and Self-Motivated Business Partners For U.S. Based Opportunity! #12
Are you someone who is: 1. Serious 2. Self-Motivated 3. Goal-Oriented 4. Has a Burning Desire to be Successful (a �Go- Getter�) 5. Lives in the Contiguous United States (and) 6. Interested in Earning Between $700.00 up to $3, 500.00 per week in residual, walk-away income within the next 30-days? If so, we would very much like to speak with you in person and at our expense! If you think you have what it takes, visit: http://www.free-mlm-leads-generator.com/cgi-bin/pl/pl.cgi?idx to validate and submit your application, �RIGHT NOW!� 167352 ----...

Feedback (thoughts, prior art) wanted on templating system (long)
Hi. I've been working on a little project, and I was hoping people here could give me some feedback. I'm especially interested in looking at other systems with similar goals. I do a lot of numerical scientific work. It is important that my programs be efficient. I have found that CMUCL will give me sufficient numerical efficiency, if I am careful about making declarations. The system I'm building is a first attempt towards making it easier and more natural to write efficient programs. My system is a form of "templating" system, that allows one to automatically con...

Won't Boot! How do I make a OS X back-up BOOTABLE?
Won't Boot! How do I make a OS X back-up BOOTABLE? Both drives are Firewire. I just backed-up my OS X drive to a larger, newer drive that I will be using from now on. Now it won't boot. All the files are there, but no go. How do I make my new copy of my OS X drive boot up? I heard there may be bootability problems when you back up a drive - so how do I fix this? Thanks! ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Eve...

[Troll!] Vista more stable than Mac!
I'm simply not going to comment on this one! QUOTE:- Microsoft's partner group manager Simon Aldous told PCR: One of the things that people say an awful lot about the Apple Mac is that the OS is fantastic, that it's very graphical and easy to use. What we've tried to do with Windows 7 - whether it's traditional format or in a touch format - is create a Mac look and feel in terms of graphics. We've significantly improved the graphical user interface, but it's built on that very stable core Vista technology, which is far more stable than the current Mac platform...

Spell check Mac Mail
Mail doesn't offer a great spell checking system, it doesn't seem possible to teach the system new words and auto correct functions seem to be years behind the Microsoft Outlook system....are there any adjustments I can make to make things easier? john wijnberg <johnwijnberg@gmail.com> wrote: > Mail doesn't offer a great spell checking system, it doesn't seem > possible to teach the system new words and auto correct functions seem > to be years behind the Microsoft Outlook system....are there any > adjustments I can make to make things easier? I ...

Microsoft releases SkypeKit for Windows/Linux/Mac
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAwNjY Uh oh I thought Microsoft hated Linux, and was buying skype to get rid of the Linux version.... -- Qubitarkhive.com FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STENGTH, WAR IS PEACE, CENSORSHIP IS FREE SPEECH On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:06:06 -0400, Ender2070 wrote: > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAwNjY > > Uh oh > > I thought Microsoft hated Linux, and was buying skype to get rid of the > Linux version.... Hahaha! That kind of puts a dent in Roy Bighead Schestowitz's theories. So how ...

DVR to Mac
Is it possible to move something recorded on a DVR to a Mac? if so how? running 10.4.11 Tried a usb cable, but mac doesn't doesn't see the dvr. Thanks Dan In article <dklb1-97797F.16024528032011@pool-141-149-186-146.bos.east.verizon.net>, Dan Kozar <dklb1@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote: > Is it possible to move something recorded on a DVR to a Mac? if so how? > running 10.4.11 Tried a usb cable, but mac doesn't doesn't see the dvr. > > Thanks Dan When all the analog video equipment was being discontinued and discounted, I bought a combi...

Input mask field is _______: I do not want them visible / mouse cursor not to 1st
(1) When I want the data in the datafield starts with the first character forcedly uppercased, I use the input mask >L<, followed by ?????. When entering the data, the field is marked with underscores (____), But I do not want to see them. (2) When I click on an emtpy field with a mouse, the cursor stays not in the first position. How to avoid 1 and 2? Do I have to use an input mak to perform No. 1? Bart Too bad, but that is normal behavior for an input mask. If you don't like it you will gave to get rid of the mask and reformat the entry afterwards, in the afterupdate event. ...

Reserved MAC address
Hi all, I know that in IP some addresses are reserved like LOOP BACK address, Multicast address, I want to know more about Reserved MAC address, i know few Reserved MAC address like multicast MAC 01-5E-00-00-00-01 and GARP MAC addresses 01-80-C2-00-00-21, i want to know more on Reserved MAC Address. Please can anybody help on this subject. I Thank in advance for most value information. Regards Dhinakaran ...

is palm making a mistake by abandoning OS 4 devices
all said... should there be more OS 4 devices than just the basic zire While intrepidly exploring comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Mike Henley rolled initiative and posted the following: > all said... should there be more OS 4 devices than just the > basic zire Why? Do you prefer Dragonball processors over ARM? -- Derek No matter how great and destructive your problems may seem now, remember, you've probably only seen the tip of them. mnhenley@msn.com (Mike Henley) wrote: >all said... should there be more OS 4 devices than just the basic zire Did you write th...

Please upgrade gfortran support on Mac OS X
Dear Mathworks, Please upgrade the supported gfortran compiler from v4.3.0 (March 2008) to the latest stable build v4.7.1 (June 2012) or later (latest in 4.7 series is v4.7.4). In particular, I'm looking for OpenMP 3.x support, which appeared in v4.4 with OpenMP 3.0 support, then v4.7.1 with OpenMP 3.1 support. /eric université laval quebec ...

Kerberized Login Window on OS X 10.4
Has there been any news on how to get this working yet? Or is everyone who needs it working still being advised to not upgrade to 10.4? Thanks in advance. -Shane ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos On Sep 23, 2005, at 6:24 PM, Shane Liebling wrote: > Has there been any news on how to get this working yet? Or is > everyone who needs it working still being advised to not upgrade to > 10.4? If you have updgraded to 10.4.2 or later you can now use the Kerberized logi...

Accounting Software for Mac
I'm a longtime Quickbooks Pro (Windows) user and am now also using QBP for Mac. Started with 5.0 which was awful and bought the upgrade to 6.0 thinking they'd finally included the features that QBP for Windows has. They added 2 whopping features but nothing else. For some reason QBP for Mac only has about 50% of the features that QBP for Windows does and its driving me insane. Why such a difference between the two platforms yet the cost is the same? Intuit surely doesn't tell you in advance that the exact same program is as different as night & day between the two platforms...

OS 8.6 + acrobat reader conflicts
I have OS 8.6 and every time I launch Acrobat Reader 5.0.5, I get the messsage "Features that require internet access are disabled due to OS limitations". This happens even when I am offline and accessing existing .pdf files on my computer with no .html links. Reader then opens to a blank page and computer is frozen. I can't even access acrobat preferences. This has only happened since I installed IE 5.1. What preferences can I change in IE or how can I fix being able to read .pdf files? The read me section of Acrobat reader stated the following which was no help! Acrobat Read...

printing problems with OFFICE WORD for MAC X
Hi guy, I am not a MAC user but i'm having a weird problem. I can print every document i want except one file, a WORD file. This file is printing fine on a windows OS and on every other MAC computer. The printer print an "error" instead of the real document. Error: undefined (COMMAND TYPE: nametype) OFFENDING COMMAND: cl "cl" OPERAND STACK: (2 total entries) ===top of stack=== false -mark- Dictionary Stack: (3 total entries) ===top of stack=== userdict globaldict systemdict ..... etc Someone have an idea ? T...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

PowerMax--good Mac source?
Just wondering if anyone has bought from the folks at PowerMax in Oregon. They're an all-Mac shop and offer competitive pricing. I'm looking into a new Mac and was considering buying from them. In the past I've bought from most of the big "Mac" catalogue companies (MacConnection, MacZone, MacMall), but they sell a lot of non-Apple hardware as well and I'd prefer to give the business to a smaller all-Mac shop with a good rep. I've dealt with them in the past and had no problems. YMMV Lurch RobertB. wrote: > Just wondering if anyone has bought from the f...

Accessing User/Library Folder on Connected Mac?
I'd like to run folder syncing software to sync up the Mail.app email on my iBook with my the Mail.app email on my Power Mac. When I connect to the iBook from the Power Mac, I can see the user/Library folder on it that contains the Mail folder, but I don't have access to it. I have a feeling I can fix this by changing the permissions on the iBook user/Library folder. Is this correct, and if so, what is the correct way to change the permissions? Thanks in advance to all for any info. -Vik ...

Canon Printers + Macs
Hi, I'm a Mac User of 6 years or so both at home and work and am looking to upgrade my home printer from a crappy HP inkjet to a multifunction laser. I would think in this day and age that most printers would be happy connecting to Macs, but I don't want to make a really expensive assumption. At work, we have all networked printers and I don't deal with any tech support issues, so everything prints when I tell it to. I have been very happy with our Canon Laser Class 510, which is a Fax/Copier/ Scanner/Printer. I was curious if anyone had success hooking up this model directly to ...

RE: Detecting the ESC key in a dialog doesn't work on the Mac
Hi event handling in wx is not done using virtual methods but using event tables. So do you have an entry in your event table catching the wxID_CANCEL ?=20 Best, Stefan=20 > -----Original Message----- > From: Starman [mailto:starmannj@hotmail.com]=20 > Sent: Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 20:32 > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Detecting the ESC key in a dialog doesn't work on the Mac >=20 >=20 > Hi all, > I've been tracking this bug for a few days and it seems=20 > that the cause is wxWindows. Essentially, since OnCancel()=...

Palm OS, RIP
http://www.access.co.jp/english/press/060214.html Fa la la <cat@meow.com> writes: > http://www.access.co.jp/english/press/060214.html I sort of figured PalmOS was, to all intents and purposes, dead a while ago (which is really a shame; my Samsung i300 is a great little phone/PDA). This article is the first thing I've found that shows hope of giving an upgrade path to native Linux applications (without getting into OS wars, I use Linux for virtually all my computing other than my phone; running my phone on the same platform could have some advantages for me). Also, it looks l...

opening text file in linux and mac
Hey guys, I have an easy question (hopefully) for you guys... I use the winopen command to open text files in a matlab compiled application...is there an equivalent command that I can use for linux and mac? ...perhaps using the system command? Thanks..I use Matlab 2009a on a WinXP btw. ...

Java apps drag Mac down to a crawl.
System: Panther 10.3.4, 1GHz PowerBook, 1GB RAM, recent patches, Java 1.3.1 and 1.4.2, and Java Web Start 2.0.1 Lately I find that most any Web-based Java app operates at a crawl. For example, Ameritrade has a realtime quote streamer and Level 2 tool. When I launch it, the Java tool itself is nearly useless. Safari and other apps are okay. Some other Web-based Java tools do the same thing, if they run at all. I've reinstalled Java 1.4.2 (I don't know how to uninstall or I would have). A logical question would be What changes were made just before this started? I don't know...

If you really want lauf, cklick down on the link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N--J_J1uU18 http://lustro01.wrzuta.pl/audio/vVzroRe1lD/ Yeah, the "lauf" is that your PC will be infected with the Storm worm. Do it, and join the up to 50 million PCs that are infected. Be part of history. -r Kret wrote: > http://youtube.com/watch?v=N--J_J1uU18 > > http://lustro01.wrzuta.pl/audio/vVzroRe1lD/ > ...

Problems with y-label in Mac
Hi, I have some problems with figure labelling when using matlab in Mac. The y-labelling becomes weird when I used the same commands that I used in windows (which gave me no problems): axes(A1) errorbar(aa(:,1),aa(:,2),aa(:,3),'ko');hold on %mean plot(aa(:,1),aa(:,3),'kx');hold on %std plot(aa(:,1),aa(:,4),'k*');hold on %min plot(aa(:,1),aa(:,5),'k*');%max set(gca,'Xticklabel',[],'fontsize',8.5); ylabel('Nitrate (mg N/L)') axis([0 16 0 0.8]) I changed the ylabel to: ylabel(' $\Nitrate (\mg N L^-^1)$','interpreter','...