Mac OS a flop, most normal people don't want it

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
0
Reply Tommy 11/30/2010 3:55:59 AM

See related articles to this posting

In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

LOL

Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:00:20 -0800, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
wrote:

>In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
> Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
>LOL
>
>Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

The only thing weak here is the tiny % of people who choose Mac.
0
Reply Tommy 11/30/2010 4:21:16 AM

In article <alangbaker-48B1D5.20002029112010@news.shawcable.com>,
 Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote:

> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
>  Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

> Weak, Tommy. Very weak.

Well, Wintrolls are weak tits.
0
Reply Chance 11/30/2010 4:22:47 AM

In article <sru8f6t9vgt8dh8iful9e0ah1skkpv52n0@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:00:20 -0800, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
> > Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> >
> >> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
> >
> >LOL
> >
> >Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> The only thing weak here is the tiny % of people who choose Mac.

In your dreams, Weak Tit.
0
Reply Chance 11/30/2010 5:04:54 AM

On Nov 29, 11:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> =A0Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> LOL
>
> Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.
0
Reply MuahMan 11/30/2010 5:08:40 AM

In article
<c883164a-f03d-45d5-8827-ca21f1bb0871@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 11:00�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> > �Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> >
> > > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.

LOL

Riiiight.

Says the man who said it would take all day (yes, Pratt-fall: that's
hyperbole) to bleed a rear caliper if you tried to take it off the rear
swing-arm.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 11/30/2010 5:26:50 AM

On Nov 30, 12:26=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c883164a-f03d-45d5-8827-ca21f1bb0...@k11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 11:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> > > LOL
>
> > > Weak, Tommy. Very weak.
>
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wal=
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if y=
ou
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> > Also very correct. Something you've yet to be since birth.
>
> LOL
>
> Riiiight.
>
> Says the man who said it would take all day (yes, Pratt-fall: that's
> hyperbole) to bleed a rear caliper if you tried to take it off the rear
> swing-arm.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Take off the rear swing arm? LOL

hahahaha. Such motorcycle knowledge.
0
Reply MuahMan 11/30/2010 6:01:16 AM

In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>,
 Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

.... which is just a cheap / inferior imitation of OS X.

--
C Lund
0

On Nov 30, 3:26=A0am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0q...@4ax.com>,
> =A0Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>
> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> ... which is just a cheap / inferior imitation of OS X.
>
> --
> C Lund

How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
OS. LOL  98% vs  2%

Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
Apple now.

0
Reply MuahMan 11/30/2010 8:44:12 AM

On Nov 29, 8:55=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
%. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
(who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
"choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
0
Reply Steve 11/30/2010 2:43:24 PM

On Nov 29, 10:55=A0pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>
wrote:
> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

It's really more pathetic  that you trying to paint the most
profitable consumer electronics/computer company in the world as a
flop.....
0
Reply KDT 11/30/2010 3:15:31 PM

Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Reply Big 11/30/2010 3:17:48 PM

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf515a3@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 8:17 AM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote:
>>> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>>
>> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
>> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
>> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
>> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
>> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
>> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
>> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
>> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
>> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
>> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
>> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
>> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
>> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
>> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
>> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
>> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
>> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
>> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
>> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
>> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
>> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
>> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
>> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
>
> LOL!

Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
computers!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Reply Snit 11/30/2010 3:44:59 PM

On Nov 30, 8:44=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf51...@news.x-privat.org on
> 11/30/10 8:17 AM:
>

> > Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> >> The average price spent buying a computer system is in the $6-700.00
> >> range at retail (and less for corporations). Apple's lowest price for
> >> a system is $1000.00 and there is no real corporate discount to speak
> >> of. In the '$1000.00 and above' retail market segment Apple holds 90+
> >> %. To allude that the Windows market share percentage has everything
> >> to do with Windows itself (an OS made by a company that doesn't sell
> >> traditional computer systems) isn't honest. To compare the offerings
> >> from one company (who sells the hardware and the software that bear
> >> their brand) against the entire remainder of the computing industry
> >> (who rely on MS for an OS) is just plain goofy. As Apple doesn't sell
> >> their OS to manufacturers to put on their hardware and MS is really
> >> the only other game in town (due to their previous monopoly practices
> >> and shoving MSOffice down people's throat's during that time), of
> >> course you'd expect Windows to have a number like it does. Do you
> >> happen to know what the percentage is of people who choose to spend
> >> under $1000.00 for a computer system? Do you think this number would
> >> have any effect on the Windows market share number? For all the
> >> education you continually crow about, that you can overlook these
> >> basic facts is beyond bizarre unless you are one of two things: A
> >> shameless troll who overlooks reality for the sole purpose of taunting
> >> people or a complete idiot. I suppose you could be both. Were you
> >> honest, your thread's title should read the percentage of people that
> >> "choose" a computer system costing under $1000.00.
>
> > LOL!
>
> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
> say they want to pay over $1000. =A0

People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.

(snip *other* irrelevant drivel)
0
Reply Steve 11/30/2010 4:26:32 PM

Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:44 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf51...@news.x-privat.org
>> on 11/30/10 8:17 AM:

>>> LOL!
>>
>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they
>> do not say they want to pay over $1000.
>

> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> (snip *other* irrelevant drivel)

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Reply Big 11/30/2010 4:37:08 PM

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf5283b@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 9:37 AM:

>>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
>>> say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
>>> the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
>>> they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
>>> the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
>>> computers!
>>

>> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> LOL!

In the *real* world, Steve, people want features - and they are willing to
pay for them.  They want ease of use, they want to not worry about malware,
etc.  Very few people - if any - *want* to pay $1000 or more.  If they could
get the same computer with the same warrantee and support, etc., through
legitimate means for, say, $500, they would.  I know *I* would have.  I and
many others are *willing* to pay more and find the cost well worth it, but
to say that people *look* to pay over $1000 is just absurd.  They *look* for
what they think is a good value for their money.

Really, Steve, this is not hard.  Are you going to be whining about this for
the next decade as you have with your confusion over absolute proof and the
level of proof needed in adjudication?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Reply Snit 11/30/2010 4:41:57 PM

On Nov 30, 9:41=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf52...@news.x-privat.org on
> 11/30/10 9:37 AM:

Sure,

> >> People "say" plenty with their wallets, gluehead.
>
> > LOL!
>
> In the *real* world, Steve, people want features

And water is wet... yawn. Is there another way you could miss the
obvious point I was making about why Windows market share is what it
is and why comparing it to OSX's share the way it's often done on this
ng is ridiculous?

(snip other irrelevant drivel that evidences gluehead's ignorance...
along with his feeble, unsuccessful attempts to cram words into my
keyboard)
0
Reply Steve 11/30/2010 5:53:32 PM

LOL!

--
You Ain't the Biggest Fish in the Crotch

0
Reply Big 11/30/2010 5:54:12 PM

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf53a4d@news.x-privat.org on
11/30/10 10:54 AM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 9:41 am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>> Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post 4cf52...@news.x-privat.org
>>> on 11/30/10 9:37 AM:

>>> Part of this is because people do not do as you imply, Steve: they do not
>>> say they want to pay over $1000.  They do say they want a Mac, and to get
>>> the Mac, as you note, they pretty much have to spend over $1000.   Sure,
>>> they get a good deal (in general) and comparable Windows machines cost about
>>> the same, but it is not like people are out to spend at the top range of
>>> computers!
>>
>> And water is wet... yawn.

And you were wrong... yawn.  Yeah, both are obvious... but your *reaction*
to being shown wrong is amusing.

>> Is there another way you could miss the obvious point I was making about why
>> Windows market share is what it is and why comparing it to OSX's share the
>> way it's often done on this ng is ridiculous?

That was my point - your silliness was, as you say, "ridiculous".  People do
not seek paying a higher price than the norm as a feature.  Your claim was
absurd.  Or, as you say, "ridiculous".

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
Reply Snit 11/30/2010 6:11:05 PM

In article
<e0dcc083-cef7-4729-995b-78976973c4c3@z19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> OS. LOL  98% vs  2%

"Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
third-rate imitations.

> Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> Apple now.

Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?

--
C Lund
0

On Nov 30, 5:56=A0pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article
> <e0dcc083-cef7-4729-995b-78976973c...@z19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > OS. LOL =A098% vs =A02%
>
> "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> third-rate imitations.

If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

You're bad at this.

> > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > Apple now.
>
> Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?

None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
consumption devices.

0
Reply MuahMan 12/1/2010 1:55:34 AM

On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.

0
Reply KDT 12/1/2010 2:53:46 AM

In article
<74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:56�pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > > OS. LOL �98% vs �2%
> > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > third-rate imitations.
> If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> You're bad at this.

Like you should talk.

> > > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > > Apple now.
> > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
know what a computer is, do you?

--
C Lund
0

"C Lund"  wrote in message

In article
<74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:56 pm, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > > How bad is OS X then if it's getting just clobbered by an "inferior"
> > > OS. LOL  98% vs  2%
> > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > third-rate imitations.
> If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol

By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> You're bad at this.

Like you should talk.

> > > Apple and Computers don't mix anymore. It's all about consumption for
> > > Apple now.
> > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> consumption devices.

And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
know what a computer is, do you?

Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

0
Reply Creflo 12/1/2010 1:03:04 PM

In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

That's your definition of "computer"?

--
C Lund
0

In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "C Lund"  wrote in message
> outh.net...
>
> In article
> <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac3df@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > > third-rate imitations.
> > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
>
> > You're bad at this.
>
> Like you should talk.

> > > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> know what a computer is, do you?
>

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/1/2010 3:50:07 PM

On Dec 1, 3:29=A0am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
wrote:
> In article
> <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > "Clobbered" in the sense that they're leading the market. Enjoy your
> > > third-rate imitations.
> > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

Your blinded by fanaticism. The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
This applies to both the desktop market and the enterprise. Your God,
Steve Jobs admitted it. Why can't you?

> > You're bad at this.
>
> Like you should talk.

> > > Soo... what part of Apple's product line does not involve computers?
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> know what a computer is, do you?

Hahaha. Sorry. Watching crappy TV shows, and listening to music
doesn't make it a computer.

> --
> C Lund

0
Reply MuahMan 12/1/2010 4:05:31 PM

On Dec 1, 10:50=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <id5h27$hb...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> =A0"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "C Lund" =A0wrote in message
..bells
> > outh.net...
>
> > In article
> > <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If by leading you mean behind by 98%. lol
>
> > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
>
> > > You're bad at this.
>
> > Like you should talk.

> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They buil=
> > > consumption devices.
>
> > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > know what a computer is, do you?
>
> > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? =A0or Photo Shop?
>
> Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

LOL
0
Reply MuahMan 12/1/2010 4:07:06 PM

"C Lund"  wrote in message

In article <id5h27$hbq$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you run Auto Cad on any of them?  or Photo Shop?

That's your definition of "computer"?

right.  what's yours an abacus.

0
Reply Creflo 12/1/2010 4:12:50 PM

In article
<ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005f2a@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.

> > > Like you should talk.

> > > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > > know what a computer is, do you?
> >
> > > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? �or Photo Shop?
> >
> > Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
> >
> LOL

I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
this was already discussed here relatively recently:

<http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=8>

Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/1/2010 4:16:43 PM

In article
<c4e26928-4f8b-4426-9853-f34e67d0adf1@f21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 3:29�am, C Lund <christopher.l...@getmailSPAMBLOCK.no>
> wrote:
> > In article
> > <74d282f5-939d-4e1a-9eff-ac6d576ac...@y19g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > By leading I mean the rest of the market is trying (and failing) to
> > imitate them. You're blinded by market share.
> Your blinded by fanaticism. The world has seen OS X and rejected it.

No, the world has seen OS X and imitated it.

> > And every single one of those devices are computers. You don't really
> > know what a computer is, do you?
> Hahaha. Sorry. Watching crappy TV shows, and listening to music
> doesn't make it a computer.

I'll take that as a "yes."

--
C Lund
0

On Dec 1, 11:16=A0am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Actually there is a version of Autocad for iOS.
>
> > LOL
>
> I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> this was already discussed here relatively recently:
>
> <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=3D8>
>
> Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
drawings.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.

and where's Photoshop?
0
Reply MuahMan 12/1/2010 7:31:05 PM

On Dec 1, 11:12=A0am, "Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "C Lund" =A0wrote in message

bellsouth.net...

> In article <id5h27$hb...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>
> "Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you run Auto Cad on any of them? =A0or Photo Shop?
>
> That's your definition of "computer"?
>
> right. =A0what's yours an abacus.

Only if the abacus has an Apple logo on it.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/1/2010 7:31:38 PM

On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> said:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

Obviously this includes computer purchases. Need I say more?

Ian.
--
Ian Piper
Author of "Learn Xcode Tools for Mac OS X and iPhone Development",

0
Reply Ian 12/1/2010 10:26:48 PM

On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>
said:

> 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.

Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

Obviously this includes computer purchases. Need I say more?

90% of apple products.

0
Reply Creflo 12/1/2010 11:36:12 PM

On Dec 1, 5:26=A0pm, Ian Piper <ianpi...@mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-11-30 03:55:59 +0000, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet>=
 said:

> > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows.
>
> Sturgeon's Law, remember: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".

or 100% of iPhone 4s
0
Reply MuahMan 12/2/2010 1:55:04 AM

In article
<8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece03784cd@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 11:16�am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > LOL
> >
> > I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> > this was already discussed here relatively recently:
> >
> > <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=8>
> >
> > Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> drawings.

Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
answer is: "Yes.".

> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> and where's Photoshop?

So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/2/2010 3:43:22 AM

On Dec 1, 10:43=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 11:16 am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <ce436bbe-8a1b-4d07-8a66-06ea71005...@z17g2000prz.googlegroups.com>,

> > > I realize you haven't got much in the way of a brain, Pratt-fall, but
> > > this was already discussed here relatively recently:
>
> > > <http://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-ws/id393149734?mt=3D8>
>
> > > Try and make at least a little effort in the future, huh?
>
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wal=
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if y=
ou
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> > Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > drawings.
>
> Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> answer is: "Yes.".
>

> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> > and where's Photoshop?
>
> So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
there too! LOL LOL LOL

Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/2/2010 5:27:02 AM

In article
<c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 10:43�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> > �MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nice one star reviews. �Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > > drawings.
> >
> > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > answer is: "Yes.".
> >

> > > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
> >
> > > and where's Photoshop?
> >
> > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.

So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/2/2010 10:22:21 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article
<c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > > drawings.
> >
> > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > answer is: "Yes.".
> >

> > > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
> >
> > > and where's Photoshop?
> >
> > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.

>So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
>which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...

so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

0
Reply Creflo 12/2/2010 12:13:02 PM

In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?", the
> > > answer is: "Yes.".

> > > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
> >
> > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> >
> > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Nope.

I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".

So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/2/2010 10:32:08 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article
> <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <8ced924d-5640-4c78-b956-43ece0378...@22g2000prx.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Whatever the reviews, if the criterion is: "Does it have Autocad?",
> > > the
> > > answer is: "Yes.".

> > > So you're now claiming that any box running Linux isn't a computer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan Baker
> > > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if
> > > you
> > > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
> >
> > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> >
> > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

>Nope.

>I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".

>So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

I examining also. you have compared a linux machine to a mac.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

0
Reply Creflo 12/3/2010 2:20:34 AM

In article <id9k5g$qp$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <id82gc$67a$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Creflo Yen" <cren@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article
> > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4c9b@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > > there too! LOL LOL LOL
> > >
> > > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
> >
> > >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> > >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
> >
> > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
> >Nope.
>
> >I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
>
> >So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
>

> I examining also. you have compared a linux machine to a mac.
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

No. I asked if a Linux machine cannot be called a "computer" because it
can't run Photoshop.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/3/2010 2:27:50 AM

On Nov 30, 9:53=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > consumption devices.
>
> Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.

Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/3/2010 2:38:47 AM

On Dec 2, 5:32=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <id82gc$67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> =A0"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message
>
> > In article
> > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They have Gimp. Can I get Gimp on the iPad and paint with my finger
> > > there too! LOL LOL LOL
>
> > > Gimp, that should be the nickname for your brain cell.
>
> > >So suddenly whether you have Photoshop or not ISN'T the criterion by
> > >which you can decide whether or not something is a computer...
>
> > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
>
> Nope.
>
> I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
>
> So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/3/2010 2:40:30 AM

In article
<e089d41d-ed2d-4074-b165-dfb12a59fbf9@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:32�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <id82gc$67...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > �"Creflo Yen" <c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > "Alan Baker" �wrote in message
> >
> > > In article
> > > <c220b90b-abb6-4e8a-a45b-2a7c0f7c4...@k30g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

> > > so you compare the mac with a linux machine.
> > > hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer".
> >
> > So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.

> You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/3/2010 2:43:59 AM

In article
<5458c729-b264-4b8e-8184-3e1412a57c06@fj16g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 9:53�pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 8:55�pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They build
> > > consumption devices.
> >
> > Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> > world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> > month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> > Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.
>
> Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
> highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.

Since they didn't say that...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/3/2010 2:44:15 AM

In article
<e089d41d-ed2d-4074-b165-dfb12a59fbf9@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:32�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:

> > Nope.
> >
> > I examining the criteria for declaring something to be a "computer."
> >
> > So far, I've shot down the bogus ones that have been offered up.
> >
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall
> > to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you
> > sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
>
> You shoot blanks in here, just like you do in the bedroom.

Projecting your problems onto Alan?
0
Reply Chance 12/3/2010 3:27:52 AM

On Dec 2, 9:38=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 9:53=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 30, 8:55=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > None of them. Apple is irrelevant in the computer industry. They buil=
> > > consumption devices.
>
> > Well, Apple.com said that Mac's run the "most advanced OS in the
> > world" and according to you, any site with "millions of hits each
> > month" has credibility, and since Apple ranks 100 places above
> > Gizmodo, what Apple says must be true.
>
> Since Consumer reports said the iPhone 4 is shit and it's the most
> highly regarded consumer product watchdog; it's definitely true.

Well using your "Gizmodo Logic", Consumerreports.com ranks 533 in the
US according to Alexa and Apple ranks 25.  That means that Apple is
more credible than Consumer Reports since it gets "millions" more
hits.
0
Reply KDT 12/3/2010 5:52:34 AM

MuahMan wrote:
> Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> drawings.
>

> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> and where's Photoshop?

Here
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

0
Reply Tim 12/4/2010 1:23:22 AM

MuahMan wrote:
> The world has seen OS X and rejected it.

Sales figures would disagree.

0
Reply Tim 12/4/2010 1:25:25 AM

Creflo Yen wrote:
> 90% of apple products.

Hi, zara.

0
Reply Tim 12/4/2010 1:26:27 AM

On Dec 3, 8:25=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
>
> Sales figures would disagree.

Sales figures are this.

98% buy Windows

2% buy Crapple

Lay off the crack.

The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/4/2010 1:43:39 AM

On Dec 3, 8:23=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
> > drawings.
>
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>
> > and where's Photoshop?
>
> Herehttp://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

That's a lite version all it can do is crop.

Also rated 1 star. LOL

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/4/2010 1:44:52 AM

MuahMan wrote:
> Tim Murray wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>
>>> The world has seen OS X and rejected it.
>>
>> Sales figures would disagree.
>
> Sales figures are this. 98% buy Windows. 2% buy Crapple. Lay off the
> crack. The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.

Suffering from second hand smoke, eh?

From W3Schools' log-files:

OS Platform Statistics

2010 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win7 	Vista 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	51.7% 	0.3% 	24.3% 	10.0% 	1.1% 	4.6% 	7.2%

2008 	WinXP 	W2000	Win98 	Vista 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	73.3% 	2.2% 	0.2% 	13.2% 	1.8% 	3.8% 	5.2%

2005 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win98 	WinNT 	W2003 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	69.2% 	15.8% 	3.2% 	0.5% 	1.7% 	3.3% 	3.1%

2003 	WinXP 	W2000 	Win98 	WinNT 	Win95 	Linux 	Mac
Sep 	38.0% 	37.9% 	12.1% 	4.1% 	0.5% 	2.4% 	2.0%

Platforms that count for less than 0.5% are not listed.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Conclusion:
1. Win7 is only gaining at the loss of Vista and WinXP.
2. Both Mac and Linux gained over 7 years.
3. Microsoft share is now less than 90%.

Yup.

--
HPT

0
Reply High 12/4/2010 2:40:48 AM

On Dec 3, 9:40=A0pm, High Plains Thumper <h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > Tim Murray wrote:

> >> Sales figures would disagree.
>
> > Sales figures are this. 98% buy Windows. 2% buy Crapple. Lay off the
> > crack. The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
>
> Suffering from second hand smoke, eh?
>
> From W3Schools' log-files:
>
> OS Platform Statistics
>
> 2010 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win7 =A0 =A0Vista =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0=
 Mac
> Sep =A0 =A0 51.7% =A0 0.3% =A0 =A024.3% =A0 10.0% =A0 1.1% =A0 =A04.6% =
=A0 =A07.2%

> 2008 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 Vista =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 73.3% =A0 2.2% =A0 =A00.2% =A0 =A013.2% =A0 1.8% =A0 =A03.8% =
=A0 =A05.2%

> 2005 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 WinNT =A0 W2003 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 69.2% =A0 15.8% =A0 3.2% =A0 =A00.5% =A0 =A01.7% =A0 =A03.3% =
=A0 =A03.1%

> 2003 =A0 =A0WinXP =A0 W2000 =A0 Win98 =A0 WinNT =A0 Win95 =A0 Linux =A0 M=
ac
> Sep =A0 =A0 38.0% =A0 37.9% =A0 12.1% =A0 4.1% =A0 =A00.5% =A0 =A02.4% =
=A0 =A02.0%

> Platforms that count for less than 0.5% are not listed.
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>
> Conclusion:
> 1. Win7 is only gaining at the loss of Vista and WinXP.
> 2. Both Mac and Linux gained over 7 years.
> 3. Microsoft share is now less than 90%.
>
> Yup.
>
> --
> HPT

It's not Planet U.S., it's Planet Earth.

Windows 98%

OS X 2%

The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/4/2010 2:46:02 AM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 3, 8:23 pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>> > Nice one star reviews.  Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
>> > drawings.
>>
>> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>>
>> > and where's Photoshop?
>>
>> Here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.

It can do quite a bit more than just crop.

Top editing features:
• Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
• Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
• Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
• Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
White Glow, and Soft Black and White
• Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
Halftone, and Film Emulsion

And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.

You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.
0
Reply An 12/4/2010 3:17:42 PM

In article <4cfa5b96$1@news.x-privat.org>,
 An Old Friend <an.old@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >> Here
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
> >
> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
> >
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
>
> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> Top editing features:
> • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
> • Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
> • Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
> • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
> White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
> features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.

Since he has neither of those traits, it is just another trollish post
from him.

--
Lloyd

0
Reply Lloyd 12/4/2010 3:24:26 PM

MuahMan wrote:
> On Dec 3, 8:23=A0pm, Tim Murray <no-s...@thankyou.com> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>> Nice one star reviews. =A0Doubt most people want finger paint CAD
>>> drawings.
>>
>>> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzap try again.
>>
>>> and where's Photoshop?
>>
>> Here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.

Why do you lie so much?

0
Reply Tim 12/4/2010 4:16:05 PM

On Dec 4, 10:17=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >> Here
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>
> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>
> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
>
> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap! =A0Try again.
>
> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> Top editing features:
> =95 Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
> =95 Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
> =95 Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
> =95 Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow,
> White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> =95 Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about its
> features and rating doesn't help your integrity and trustworthiness.

Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL

It's not Planet U.S., it's Planet Earth.
Windows 98%
OS X 2%
The world has seen OS X and summarily rejected it.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/4/2010 6:45:41 PM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 4, 10:17 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235
>>
>> > That's a lite version all it can do is crop.
>>
>> > Also rated 1 star. LOL
>>
>> > Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!  Try again.
>>
>> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>>
>> Top editing features:
>> • Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip • Color: Exposure,
>> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast • Filters: Sketch, Soft
>> Focus, and Sharpen • Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm
>> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
>> • Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
>> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>>
>> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
>> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>>
>> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
>> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
>> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
>> trustworthiness.
>
> Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL

I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
function of cropping.

The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
chance that your argument would have any merit.

Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
0
Reply An 12/5/2010 3:31:06 PM

On Dec 5, 10:31=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:17=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> >> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> >> Top editing features:
> >> =95 Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip =95 Color: Exposure,
> >> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast =95 Filters: Sketch, S=
oft
> >> Focus, and Sharpen =95 Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, W=
arm
> >> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> >> =95 Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge=
,
> >> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> >> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> >> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> >> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> >> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
> >> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
> >> trustworthiness.
>
> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> function of cropping.
>
> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.

It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/5/2010 6:47:53 PM

MuahMan wrote:
> On Dec 5, 10:31=A0am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>>
>> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
>> function of cropping.
>>
>> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
>> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
>> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
>> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>>
>> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
>> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Earlier your definition of computer or not was the existence of
this-or-that app. Once shown such apps exist, now it becomes the quality of
the app that defines computer or not. How much further can you drag a goal
post?

0
Reply Tim 12/5/2010 8:14:26 PM

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 10:47:53 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

>> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>>
>> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
>> function of cropping.
>>
>> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop
>> Express not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose
>> instead to exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set,
>> removing any chance that your argument would have any merit.
>>
>> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
>> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Yet you lied about its features. If you didn't need to mention it, then
why did you not only mention it, but lie about it as well?

> What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured and really
> really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the iPad is not a
> computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Of course, what you don't mention is that the 2 1/3 star rating is an
average of only the first three written reviews I saw on the page, one of
which was a 4 star rating. Looking further on the page we're discussing,
one notices that the average of the 3423 people who rated the current
version of the app gave it 3 stars, and the average of the 106462 people
who have rated any version of the app at one time or another is 3 1/2
stars.

So once again, you are lying by exaggerating the poor reviews. You were
trying to claim that a 3 1/2 star app was a 1 star app. When I mention
the 3 written reviews had a higher average than 1 star, you merely
assumed that those three were the only reviews and didn't look on the
page to see the actual Customer Ratings averages.

Your credibility is severely hampered when you deliberately lie about a
product. As I said before, you could have had a great argument simply by
stating that Photoshop Express for the iPhone and iPad is not desktop-
based Photoshop. Yet instead of going that route, you deliberately chose
to lie about its feature set and its average customer ratings.

Instead of putting a kink in Apple's armor, you allowed Apple's joust to
skewer you because you didn't think anyone would call you on your blatant
and wanton dishonesty.

Do your homework next time so that when you critique Apple, you are
speaking the truth rather than making stuff up to try to promote your
position.
0
Reply An 12/5/2010 11:16:57 PM

An Old Friend wrote:
> Instead of putting a kink in Apple's armor, you allowed Apple's joust to
> skewer you because you didn't think anyone would call you on your blatant
> and wanton dishonesty.

Many of MuahMan's claims backfire like this. You'd think he'd learn, but
like a cantankerous child who gets beat every time he's in Walmart, he just
won't learn.

> Do your homework next time so that when you critique Apple, you are
> speaking the truth rather than making stuff up to try to promote your
> position.

Ain't gonna happen. Like the scorpion and the frog, it's not in his nature.

0
Reply Tim 12/6/2010 12:58:18 AM

"MuahMan"  wrote in message

On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:17 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:44:52 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> >>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/id331975235

> >> It can do quite a bit more than just crop.
>
> >> Top editing features:
> >> � Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip � Color: Exposure,
> >> Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast � Filters: Sketch, Soft
> >> Focus, and Sharpen � Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm
> >> Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
> >> � Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge,
> >> Halftone, and Film Emulsion
>
> >> And the three reviews I saw had 2, 1, and 4 stars respectively, for an
> >> average of 2 1/3 stars, not one star.
>
> >> You didn't have to lie about the product to show that it's not as full
> >> featured as a desktop version of Photoshop. Deliberately lying about
> >> its features and rating doesn't help your integrity and
> >> trustworthiness.
>
> > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> function of cropping.
>
> The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.

It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.

Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 1:33:39 AM

In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "MuahMan"  wrote in message
>
> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
> >
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
> >
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> >
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/6/2010 1:58:35 AM

On Dec 5, 8:33=A0pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "MuahMan" =A0wrote in message

> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

AD

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
>
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
>
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Expres=
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
>
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews. =A0In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.

Word. It's a 10" mp3 player. WOW!
0
Reply MuahMan 12/6/2010 2:26:56 AM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "MuahMan"  wrote in message
>
> On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:

> > > Oh I'm sorry. 2 Stars. Sounds awesome. LOL
> >
> > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > function of cropping.
> >
> > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> >
> > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
>
> It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.

>So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
>computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?

So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 12:45:37 PM

On Dec 6, 7:45=A0am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.

So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?
0
Reply KDT 12/6/2010 2:17:06 PM

On Dec 6, 9:17=A0am, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 7:45=A0am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to a=
> > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?

The 10" MP3 player you don't own isn't a computer. Deal with it.
0
Reply MuahMan 12/6/2010 4:46:28 PM

On Dec 6, 11:46=A0am, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to=
 an
> > > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> > So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?
>
> The 10" MP3 player you don't own isn't a computer. Deal with it.

Well, unless you have a website that ranks higher than 25, that says
so, your opinion is irrelevant.
0
Reply KDT 12/6/2010 5:06:39 PM

"KDT"  wrote in message

On Dec 6, 7:45 am, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

So in your world, it's not a computer if it doesn't have a USB port?

You mean, in todays real world.  Right.  Do you look as stupid as you sound?

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 6:53:30 PM

In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "MuahMan"  wrote in message
> >
> > On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> > > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and only
> > > function of cropping.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop Express
> > > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead to
> > > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing any
> > > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> > >
> > > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
> >
> > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> >
> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>

> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/6/2010 6:58:02 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "MuahMan"  wrote in message
> >
> > On Dec 5, 10:31 am, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:45:41 -0800, MuahMan chinwagged:

> > > I see you didn't address your lie about Photoshop Express' one and
> > > only
> > > function of cropping.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you could have had a great argument with Photoshop
> > > Express
> > > not being as full featured as the desktop version. You chose instead
> > > exaggerate the poor reviews and lie about the feature set, removing
> > > any
> > > chance that your argument would have any merit.
> > >
> > > Trying to just laugh it off with a non-apology "sorry" makes it really
> > > appear as if your moral compass isn't adjusted correctly.
> >
> > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> >
> > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>

> >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.

I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.

No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year old
computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
bill.

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 7:12:38 PM

In article <FAaLo.1964$Tl5.1136@newsfe10.iad>,
 "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> >
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> > >
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >

> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
> >
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

I simply asked you to explain how USB defines something being a computer
when there are current computers that don't have it.

You failed of course.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/6/2010 7:21:22 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <FAaLo.1964$Tl5.1136@newsfe10.iad>,
"Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:

> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh.28@newsfe13.iad>,
> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
> >
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ2.0@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximillian@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> >
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
> > >
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
> >

> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
> >
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year
> old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

I simply asked you to explain how USB defines something being a computer
when there are current computers that don't have it.

You failed of course.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah.  Your opinion is less than worthless

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 8:05:51 PM

In article <ymbLo.1984$Tl5.1640@newsfe10.iad>,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
> >
> > I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
> >
> > No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> > puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

Yes, you did. Look up.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
sit in the bottom of that cupboard."
0
Reply Alan 12/6/2010 9:02:42 PM

On Dec 6, 2:12=A0pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message

> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh...@newsfe13.iad>,
>

> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker" =A0wrote in message
>
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ...@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > "MuahMan" =A0wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews. =A0In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> > > Computers have USB ports. =A0The iPad has none. =A0It's a cute toy.
>
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah. =A0verrry funny. That's like comparing it to a=
> > Abacus. =A0Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing. =A0Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance. =A0Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year o=
ld
> computer didn't? =A0Hahahahahaahahahaahah. =A0Well Apple certainly fits t=
hat
> bill.

So, by your reasoning when PC manufacturers stopped shipping computers
with 3-1/2 disks they ceased being computers?
0
Reply KDT 12/6/2010 10:55:00 PM

"Alan Baker"  wrote in message

In article <ymbLo.1984$Tl5.1640@newsfe10.iad>,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
> >
> > I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
> >
> > No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> > puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> I didn't invent the "computers have USB ports" criterion.

Yes, you did. Look up.

Now you're answering yourself?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 10:59:19 PM

"KDT"  wrote in message

On Dec 6, 2:12 pm, "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> "Alan Baker"  wrote in message

> In article <QV4Lo.67$zh...@newsfe13.iad>,
>

> "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
> > "Alan Baker"  wrote in message
>
> > In article <T3XKo.2$CZ...@newsfe12.iad>,
> > "Uncle Max" <uncamaximill...@yahoo.com.> wrote:
>
> > > "MuahMan"  wrote in message

> > > It's so obvious it's not full featured it doesn't need to be
> > > mentioned. What needs to be mentioned is that it's not full featured
> > > and really really bad, thus the 2 star reviews.  In conclusion, the
> > > iPad is not a computer it's a 10" mp3 player.
>
> > > Computers have USB ports.  The iPad has none.  It's a cute toy.
>
> > >So nothing that was built before the USB port was invented was a
> > >computer? IBM i5 series systems aren't computers?
>
> > So now you're comparing the iPad to something over twenty years old?
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahah.  verrry funny. That's like comparing it to an
> > Abacus.  Hahahahahahaha.
>
> I'm just asking questions about the criteria you're inventing.
>
> No - the criteria you seem to be inventing.  Dance, little Apple meat
> puppet, dance.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>
> So a new modern computer shouldn't have the features that a twenty year
> old
> computer didn't?  Hahahahahaahahahaahah.  Well Apple certainly fits that
> bill.

So, by your reasoning when PC manufacturers stopped shipping computers
with 3-1/2 disks they ceased being computers?

So is that what you think and are seeking reinforcement?

0
Reply Uncle 12/6/2010 11:17:27 PM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 33179 articles. 2 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Mac OS a flop, most normal people don't want it
95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows. In article <8ct8f6l2qee637jl3g5q6492dqeqq0qrvr@4ax.com>, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote: > 95%+ of computer buyers choose Windows. LOL Weak, Tommy. Very weak. -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard." On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:00:20 -0800, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote: >In article <8...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Win 7 Phone A Flop
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/11/29/windows_phone_7_developers_fear_platform_flop.html In article <_fudnbFHELgTt2nRnZ2dnUVZ5gidnZ2d@giganews.com>, John <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/11/29/windows_phone_7_developers_fear_ > platform_flop.html So the fear is Microsoft will dump the Windows'ish kernel on its phones? Interesting... since the current rumor is that MS is dumping the NT kernel come Windows 8. Justin <justin@becauseihatenospam.org> wrote: > So the fear is Microsoft will dump the Windo...

MAC OS WANTED
Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my mac from cd Thanks in advance!! In article <3F9FD646.415F3A96@middle-earth.gr>, G. <ygeorgiou@middle-earth.gr> wrote: > Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my > mac from cd > Thanks in advance!! > Sure, here's what you need to do. Call 1-800-692-7753 and ask them for a copy of OS 9. -- -Thomas <http://www.bitjuggler.com/> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:01:29 +0000, G. wrote: > Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my > m...

Mac OS wanted !!!
Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my mac from cd Thanks in advance!! In article <3F9FD5D8.E33D7187@middle-earth.gr>, "G." <ygeorgiou@middle-earth.gr> wrote: > Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my > mac from cd > Thanks in advance!! > ok, first send me a self adressed stamped envelope and $99 US + applicable shipping and I'll get the disk right out to you. In article <bartfasts-24AB82.08514429102003@news-central.giganews.com>, Slartibartfast <bartfasts@magrathea.org> wr...

Mac OS wanted
Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my mac from cd Thanks in advance!! In article <3F9FD5FB.951F7187@middle-earth.gr>, G. <ygeorgiou@middle-earth.gr> wrote: > Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my > mac from cd > Thanks in advance!! > What's your address then? ...

Mac OS wanted!!!
Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my mac from cd Thanks in advance!! ...

Mac OS Wanted
Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my mac from cd Thanks in advance!! ...

MAC OS WANTED
Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my mac from cd Thanks in advance!! On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 7:06:37 -0800, G. wrote (in message <3F9FD77A.9E38EACC@middle-earth.gr>): > Can anybody send me a copy of MAC OS 9.0 (US or UK). I need to boot my > mac from cd > Thanks in advance!! > Personally I prefer not to support software theft. Perhaps you could buy a used copy on ebay? Steve C ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

how many people are buying a new Mac when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard comes out?
how many people are buying a new Mac when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard comes out? I have been wanting to buy a new Mac... but the Leopard is not coming out yet and it feels dumb to buy a OS X 10.4 machine that can obsolete in a couple of weeks. Summercool wrote: > how many people are buying a new Mac when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard comes > out? > > I have been wanting to buy a new Mac... but the Leopard is not coming > out yet and it feels dumb to buy a OS X 10.4 machine that can obsolete > in a couple of weeks. Any computer you buy today might be obsolete tomorrow, that's just ...

Mac OS X fonts in Mac OS 9
Dear all, Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? What's the procedure if it is ... Cheers! In article <3bef037b.0411010152.7625d932@posting.google.com>, davidol@hushmail.com (David) wrote: > Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? > What's the procedure if it is ... No problem: a) TrueType fonts (.ttf - the vast majority) can simply be *moved* to the fonts folder in your Classic system folder. b) OpenType fonts (.otf) can be placed there as well but require Adobe Type Manager Light to work: <http://www.adobe....

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks >The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward >compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 >wi...

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2003, dharmesh wrote: > I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac > os 9. I would like to...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

54g Wireless
Hi there, I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the other is a brand new IBook with 128bit WEP security. Our wireless network router is a belkin but only allows us to set 64 bit OR 128 bit - is there anyway of allowing either of these computers onto the network whilst securing it? Thanks Wesley Blue Wezza <blue-wezza@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish > IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit W...

Mac os for unix people?
Hi, I'm an old school unix guy but have made the move to mac os. I REALLY dislike the gui. I love the irix guy. Is there any way to strip down the mac os 10.4 gui? I'd love to have it more minimalist and unix like. I always work in the terminal. khalid In article <Pine.SGI.4.58.0601251915580.111413@sgi.materials.ox.ac.uk>, Khalid Schofield <khalid@sgi.materials.ox.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > I'm an old school unix guy but have made the move to mac os. I REALLY > dislike the gui. I love the irix guy. Is there any way to strip down the > mac os 10.4 gui? I'd...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

54g Wireless
Hi there, I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the other is a brand new IBook with 128bit WEP security. Our wireless network router is a belkin but only allows us to set 64 bit OR 128 bit - is there anyway of allowing either of these computers onto the network whilst securing it? Thanks Wesley Blue Wezza wrote: > Hi there, > > I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish > IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the ...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Ethernet under mac os 7.6 & mac os 8
Hi, I tried fitting my umax c600 mac clone (PPC 603e@240Mhz circa '96-'97) with a 10BaseT PCI ethernet card I bought over ebay. The card ( http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9744680029&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 ) has several chips on it, the biggest of which says: digital(TM) 21041-PA 21-40756-03 (c) DEC 1996 DC1044E A 9705 JL0660. I've fitted it into one of the PCi slots, connected it to my router using a cat5e cable (that I know is working) and turned on the computer. The green led next to the RJ-45 jack didn't lit up (first sig...

Creating a Bootable Mac OS 9 CD in Mac OS X
I have a bootable Mac OS 9 CD for an old Power Mac. I need to duplicate the System Folder with a few extra extensions and create a bootable CD for emergency reboot on the old computer. My new iMac does not run Classic. I copied the "System Folder" from the Mac OS 9 CD to the new iMac and burned a CD-R. The old Power Mac does not boot from the CD-R when I restart it holding down "C". My investigation revealed that the System Folder in a bootable CD-R must be "blessed" by turning on a boot bit or something. When I copied the System Folder to the iMac, it bec...