Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86

I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or
earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP...

There should be some interesting error messages to find.

I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day...

--
Andrew J. Brehm
Marx Brothers Fan

In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>,
 ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote:

> I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or
> earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP...
>
> There should be some interesting error messages to find.
>
> I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day...

I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries,
does it?

--
"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply
ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table."
ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote:

> In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>,
>  ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote:
>
> > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or
> > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP...
> >
> > There should be some interesting error messages to find.
> >
> > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day...
>
> I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries,
> does it?

I think it does. Many might give strange error messages, but I believe
it does. I think I tried it out once.

--
Andrew J. Brehm
Marx Brothers Fan
PowerPC/Macintosh User
Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches
0
ajbrehm (990)

Web resources about - Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86 - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Anvil for Mac
Anvil takes your site folder, gives it a .dev URL and makes it run for you. Works for any static HTML sites and Rack apps. I thought this was ...

Celebrate the Mac
Great site put together by Jonathan Zufi, the man behind the Iconic book.

Cult of Mac - Breaking news for Apple fans
The weekend hasn’t arrived quite yet, as Apple has quietly pushed out a revised build of iOS 5.1.1 for the GSM iPhone 4 (AT&T). The update (Build ...

Mac and Apple News, Tips, Help and Reviews - The Mac Observer
Daily news, opinions, editorials, reviews, tips, help, forums, comments, and podcasts all relating to the Mac, Apple, the iPod, the iPhone, and ...

MacVoices - The Talk of the Mac Community
Adam Engst and Chuck Joiner got to do one of their favorite things when they made a virtual visit to the Chicago Apple User Group for a MacNotables ...

Useful Mac
New website by Garrett Murray. Already a winner by introducing me to this gem of a Safari extension .

Get a Mac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Get a Mac campaign is a television advertising campaign created for Apple Inc. by TBWA\Media Arts Lab , the company's advertising agency, ...

Microsoft looks to be ending its short-lived Office Accreditation Program for Mac
Since 2013, Microsoft has consistently offered something it called its “Accredited Support Professional Program” for iOS and Mac users. Essentially, ...

“Huge” number of Mac apps vulnerable to hijacking, and a fix is elusive
Enlarge (credit: vulnsec.com) Camtasia, uTorrent, and a large number of other Mac apps are susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks that install ...